Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

What I DO want is for Janelle and Christine to host a "Pillow Talk" show (like 90 Day Fiance does) with them watching each episode of Sister Wives and giving commentary. 

Yessss!

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7
On 12/10/2022 at 3:28 PM, Tuxcat said:

Going forward, I get that people want a "revenge" show but I don't.

I don't really want a revenge show, but I would like this show before it ends, to get some real dirt on what went wrong.  I think a lot of things happened that they haven't said.  Then again maybe they don't want everything public.

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Roslyn said:

There was lots of speculation last year when it was leaked online that Christine's house was put up for sale, then she had social media photos in a different home than her Flagstaff home. That did go on for months, but the official public announcement was Nov 2 as @Twopper mentioned above. Both Kody and Christine posted officially on their Instagram pages.

I think Janelle might even be in a different apartment than the one she moved into after putting the RV up for the winter of 2021. The kitchen in recent social media photos is very different from the one that can be seen on the show.

I noticed that too. She must have moved again after the apartment in town she got when she stored the RV.  That first apartment had cheap white kitchen cabinets and countertop, her new (current) place that she shows on instagram has nice maple wood cabinets and stone counters.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Who announced it on this date?

Sorry I think I’m all sorts of wrong *again*. Saw another date that said November 2 of 2021. It’s hard to pin anything down online these days, but I found this on Christine’s IG. My original guess of November was the correct one. 

E2B019F7-39AA-4DCD-813F-7E947999251D.jpeg

• Love 1

I feel bad for Janelle. While I think Christine and Janelle will stay BFFs, Janelle was kind of Christine's rebound man. Christine is going to settle into UT and with Janelle in AZ, I'm guessing they will end up holiday and Plexus buddies and not much more.

Prior to the pandemic Janelle said she was lonely and I think as time passes she'll be lonely again. As before, her adult kids with jobs, friends, girlfriends and college are going to be too busy to fill any void.

I hope the word separation is just for the show and she left Kody, otherwise I think she might take him back.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I feel bad for Janelle. While I think Christine and Janelle will stay BFFs, Janelle was kind of Christine's rebound man. Christine is going to settle into UT and with Janelle in AZ, I'm guessing they will end up holiday and Plexus buddies and not much more.

Prior to the pandemic Janelle said she was lonely and I think as time passes she'll be lonely again. As before, her adult kids with jobs, friends, girlfriends and college are going to be too busy to fill any void.

I hope the word separation is just for the show and she left Kody, otherwise I think she might take him back.

Kody is NOT going forgive Janelle for her so-called betrayals. Her best bet is to stay close to her kids/family and visit Christine as often as she can, which seems to be pretty often according to their social media. 

• Like 5

Janelle can always decide Flagstaff, while she likes the community, is too lonely and move.  Right now I expect she's waiting for her last child to graduate from high school.  She has three of her six kids still in Flagstaff?  Maybe she'll move when one or more of them leave town.  

• Like 6

Janelle will come through just fine.  She seemed lit up from the inside during portions of this season, and I can actually see her pressing on with these silly MLMs, making money from her hustle.  If TLC gives she and Christine their own show, even if it's only for a few episodes, it will help her financially.  Maybe there will be a Property Brothers special, "A Forever Home for Janelle".  Now thats something I would watch!  🤗

• Like 5
  • Applause 7
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Janelle will come through just fine.  She seemed lit up from the inside during portions of this season, and I can actually see her pressing on with these silly MLMs, making money from her hustle.  If TLC gives she and Christine their own show, even if it's only for a few episodes, it will help her financially.  Maybe there will be a Property Brothers special, "A Forever Home for Janelle".  Now thats something I would watch!  🤗

Oh how I hope Christine and Janelle get their own spin-off together.  Meanwhile, Kody and Robyn can move into Janelle’s trailer because they can no longer afford their house. 

I wonder why Janelle kept the separation quiet for so long. Maybe their contracts said she couldn’t whilst filming (Christine announced before they began filming). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Oh how I hope Christine and Janelle get their own spin-off together.  Meanwhile, Kody and Robyn can move into Janelle’s trailer because they can no longer afford their house. 

I wonder why Janelle kept the separation quiet for so long. Maybe their contracts said she couldn’t whilst filming (Christine announced before they began filming). 

To keep viewers engaged for the upcoming season.  If it has been "for a few months" then the decisions will be this past year 2022, and everything we saw this season was 2021. I am sure all of these decisions are made by the family and producers for the best timing.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

The cynic in me thinks she kept the separation a not so well kept secret in hopes of at least another season.   The show and MLM’s have provided a much better financial life for them.  Janelle just better be socking away all the money to get herself into a house she wants to own.  

• Like 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

I would love that. After all the time and money she’s given to this family, she deserves a house big enough for her children to come back to during holidays or whatever. Doesn’t have to be a multi bedroom McMansion, but definitely bigger than the apartment she’s renting. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Wow, that's an early Christmas present to hear that Janelle has left Kody. I am confused though about Kody saying that they are separated? What though is the difference in the Brown world between separation and divorce?

Kody is only legally divorced from Meri. He decided that he is no longer "spiritually" (or whatever their marriage is supposed to be) married to Meri because he doesn't want to be. Meri on the other hand acts like it is a trail separation as she is still hanging around, hoping for a bread crumb or two of attention from Kody.

Christine decided she no longer wanted to be married to Kody, so she isn't. Kody goes on and on about the divorce, but really there wasn't one, even a pylg divorce because neither of them follow the church any longer. 

So it seems to me that Janelle could just as easily be divorced from Kody as separated, as their is nothing in the Brown world to define one from the other, its in name only. In any case it is about time Janelle, but glad you made the decision. 

BTW, does anyone know why commenting is closed on the thread for last night's epi? 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I'm guessing separated means the door is open for reconciliation. Or perhaps Janelle and Kody are actually "divorced" and the show/family are saying separation to keep the viewers tuned in while keeping the snoopers at bay.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

Maybe Janelle is using the word 'separated' because 'divorce' will send Kody off the rails and she still needs to deal with him regarding CP and whatever money is due her. Sort of massaging his ego, so to speak, until she can be 100% rid of him.  This way she is dealing with a 9 year old instead of a 1 year old. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 3

In my opinion, it seems that they were basically separated anyway, Savannah said he would just come and hang out during the day. I don't think Kody and Janelle have been boinking for a long time. I agree that this could have been released conveniently at the end of the season because maybe the weren't picked up yet for another season when they filmed the tell all?  Now maybe this is another way to get another season from TLC? I do wish Janelle up and leaves Flagstaff all together, then I would believe it, but I think she rilly likes it there, plus quite a few kids live there or close by

• Like 5
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Nancybeth said:

Janelle seems to genuinely enjoy living in Flagstaff and probably wants to make it a permanent home, whether she and Kody are together or not.

She loves "The Property" and would love to build there, but that's not gonna happen after leaving Kody. Even if it's just billed as separation for now, Kody will not take her back because of her betrayal. Yeah, yeah, I know, but that's what he'll say. And after being independent and making the break from him, she may decide to take a bigger break and move somewhere else without Kody and with beautiful mountains. Maybe Utah? She loves her kids and will travel to see them from wherever.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

The cynic in me thinks she kept the separation a not so well kept secret in hopes of at least another season.   The show and MLM’s have provided a much better financial life for them.  Janelle just better be socking away all the money to get herself into a house she wants to own.  

This would be smart. I hope she saves enough to get out of there and be okay. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

My only question about Janelle is exactly how will she tell the difference between being married to Kody and being separated?

I guess less arguments?

Yes.  Janelle's boys (young men) Garrison and Gabriel are more help to her, and better company, than their jackass sperm donor, I am sure.  All Kootie does when he goes to wherever Janelle is living, is bitch about it, and act like a spoiled brat.  

• Like 9
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

AFC976FB-8DED-451A-9BFE-6D4D86EF9C5F.jpeg

LOL this reads as if something name Pilates is saying "hey Janelle's workouts -  you are fantastic!!! You are awesome and great workouts... Wooooo!"  The word she's looking for is complement. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 11

Janelle seems genuinely happy in Flagstaff so she might stay. But she’s lived in many places and seems able to build a home wherever she is. 
I guess it’ll depend on what her youngest three will do in the future. Garrison bought a house in Flagstaff and he seems to have settled well. If Savanah and Gabe also remain local, she may stay there too.

It’s probably the best place for her. Janelle isn’t as attracted to Utah as Christine and doesn’t have her kids there either. So there’s no reason to go there for her.

• Like 7
11 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Janelle seems genuinely happy in Flagstaff so she might stay. But she’s lived in many places and seems able to build a home wherever she is. 
I guess it’ll depend on what her youngest three will do in the future. Garrison bought a house in Flagstaff and he seems to have settled well. If Savanah and Gabe also remain local, she may stay there too.

It’s probably the best place for her. Janelle isn’t as attracted to Utah as Christine and doesn’t have her kids there either. So there’s no reason to go there for her.

Yes, I could see Janelle staying in Flagstaff or moving near Vegas- I think it all depends on where her best housing situation is located (cost, taxes etc) and where Savannah wants to go to college. 

• Like 5
On 12/12/2022 at 6:40 PM, altopower said:

She loves "The Property" and would love to build there, but that's not gonna happen after leaving Kody. 

The good thing about mountains is that you can see them from more than just one parcel of land. 

I think it will be hilarious if the wives who leave end up slimmer and glowing than the wives who stay. Because looking at those early series shots of the family, Christine and Janelle are definitely on the upswing. (And Pilates does help a lot mentally as well as physically)

• Like 9

It will be interesting to find out how Janelle gets out of this financial mess... We know Kody hates parting with money, firmly believing that everything belongs to him and Robyn. Not that there is a lot probably. And I'm also quite confident that he feels no guilt or obligation towards Janelle for wasting her inheritance and retirement funds as she was part of the family and she "benefited" from using that money too. (trying to explain Kody's brain farts here)

Janelle fortunately owns a piece of Coyote Pass, so that may represent something. She alleged on the show that there is a a decent sum of money in the bank, if that is indeed the case let's hope the account is in her name too, as her 'marriage' to Kody legally entitles her to nothing at all. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
On 12/16/2022 at 10:40 AM, kassa said:

The good thing about mountains is that you can see them from more than just one parcel of land. 

I think it will be hilarious if the wives who leave end up slimmer and glowing than the wives who stay. Because looking at those early series shots of the family, Christine and Janelle are definitely on the upswing. (And Pilates does help a lot mentally as well as physically)

Yes, there are other places with a Mountain View. I actually preferred the other location they considered but I don’t recall the view.  I think it was called Cottonwood??

maybe Janelle can get enough money to build at another location. I am jealous of that view of the night sky. 

• Like 4
On 12/13/2022 at 5:20 PM, Chicklet said:

My only question about Janelle is exactly how will she tell the difference between being married to Kody and being separated?

I guess less arguments?

Koduche's relationship with Janelle and vis versa always confused me. It seemed more like a business relationship than a marriage. I mean obviously they had kids but she didn't seem head over heels in love with the douche like Christine was and Sobyn.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Koduche's relationship with Janelle and vis versa always confused me. It seemed more like a business relationship than a marriage. I mean obviously they had kids but she didn't seem head over heels in love with the douche like Christine was and Sobyn.  

I didn't watch earlier seasons so I don't know, but I think Janelle loved Kody in her own way. I don't know that it was ever a great, romantic, passionate love but I think she was attracted to him and I think that she really did consider him to be her best friend.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

48 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

...  I think Janelle loved Kody in her own way. I don't know that it was ever a great, romantic, passionate love but I think she was attracted to him and I think that she really did consider him to be her best friend.

Yeah, I can't picture Janelle "head over heels" in love with anybody.  She just doesn't seem capable of that kind of extreme emotion.  I agree she was definitely attracted to him,  though - to the point it grossed me out a little.   

Actually, anyone being attracted to Kody at all grosses me out.   Especially knowing they were sharing him ... or at least they were, way back when they were spitting out kids rapid-fire.  I guess they really haven't had to got to share him since Robyn swept into town. 

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 10
6 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I didn't watch earlier seasons so I don't know, but I think Janelle loved Kody in her own way. I don't know that it was ever a great, romantic, passionate love but I think she was attracted to him and I think that she really did consider him to be her best friend.

5 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Yeah, I can't picture Janelle "head over heels" in love with anybody.  She just doesn't seem capable of that kind of extreme emotion.  I agree she was definitely attracted to him,  though - to the point it grossed me out a little.   

Actually, anyone being attracted to Kody at all grosses me out.   Especially knowing they were sharing him ... or at least they were, way back when they were spitting out kids rapid-fire.  I guess they really haven't had to got to share him since Robyn swept into town. 

I think Janelle is aromantic and doesn’t experience romantic love. I do think she is heterosexual and was attracted to Kody. I do think at one time she had deep affection/love for him as a partner/father of her kids, but not in a romantic sense as she doesn’t experience that. 

Think of it for people that entered into arranged marriages but did not end up didn’t falling in love with the person. They have had grown to have deep affection, respect and even an attraction for them, but they were never “in love”. The years of proximity and shared duties created the bond. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think Janelle is aromantic and doesn’t experience romantic love. I do think she is heterosexual and was attracted to Kody. I do think at one time she had deep affection/love for him as a partner/father of her kids, but not in a romantic sense as she doesn’t experience that. 

Think of it for people that entered into arranged marriages but did not end up didn’t falling in love with the person. They have had grown to have deep affection, respect and even an attraction for them, but they were never “in love”. The years of proximity and shared duties created the bond. 

I suspect Janelle got different attention from Kody for a few reasons.

She had boys. All of his sons were at her place. Paedon also hung out there to be with his brothers.  Janelle has repeatedly stated what a great dad he was, how busy he was. Sons carry on the name. The anthropologists noted Kody spent more time with the boys. TLC paid for a girls vacay, because Robyn emphasized to Kody that he needed to spend more time with his daughters before it was too late. Janelle may have believed he was a good dad to the young sons. 

Janelle managed (finagled?) the finances, probably did all the paperwork for the bankruptcies.

She didn't argue with him much. All these things may have elevated her, in his eyes. Until the boys developed frontal lobes.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I suspect Janelle got different attention from Kody for a few reasons.

She had boys. All of his sons were at her place. Paedon also hung out there to be with his brothers.  Janelle has repeatedly stated what a great dad he was, how busy he was. Sons carry on the name. The anthropologists noted Kody spent more time with the boys. TLC paid for a girls vacay, because Robyn emphasized to Kody that he needed to spend more time with his daughters before it was too late. Janelle may have believed he was a good dad to the young sons. 

Janelle managed (finagled?) the finances, probably did all the paperwork for the bankruptcies.

She didn't argue with him much. All these things may have elevated her, in his eyes. Until the boys developed frontal lobes.

I can agree with all this. Janelle had a group of boys, she didn’t make as many emotional demands on him, being with her was probably “pleasant”. I think he went to Meri’s house/wing when he wanted “peace” because it was quiet and organized with just Leon there. 

• Like 12
14 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I can agree with all this. Janelle had a group of boys, she didn’t make as many emotional demands on him, being with her was probably “pleasant”. I think he went to Meri’s house/wing when he wanted “peace” because it was quiet and organized with just Leon there. 

Plus Meri probably served the occasional vegetable.

• Like 3
  • LOL 9