Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Gramto6 said:

Maybe she is trying to show the dark sky??

It turns out it's from a video. You can see snow blowing sideways through the window. Hard to believe she drove from Phoenix to Flagstaff in that. 

ETA: I smell a reset announcement coming in 3-2-1...

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Like 2
  • LOL 17
10 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

It turns out it's from a video. You can see snow blowing sideways through the window. Hard to believe she drove from Phoenix to Flagstaff in that. 

ETA: I smell a reset announcement coming in 3-2-1...

A reset? But with Plexus she shouldn’t need one! 😂 

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

A reset? But with Plexus she shouldn’t need one! 😂 

Good point!  If Plexus is supposed to miraculously cure everything, why would anyone need a "reset" from Plexus?  Isn't that like saying here, drink this water to take a break from drinking water?

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
12 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I thought there was a "reset" that Plexus sold? Like Super Plexus or something?

What’s the point of using this Plexus — something they claim eliminates cravings — if  one needs to use their “reset” package? Tells me it doesn’t work.

Janelle looks to have lost weight probably doing the things everyone does — controlled diet and added exercise. Plexus is probably nothing more than a placebo effect (speculation on my part admittedly, I just don’t buy into MLM pink drinks). 

• Like 10
On 2/23/2023 at 6:45 PM, ginger90 said:

Yes, it’s a Plexus product:

F24FD2EF-C163-4AF8-A973-4E90F04C3E35.jpeg

Well, yum!  I'll take a stick of Active, a stick of Chocolate and a stick of Hydrate to go, please!  Then I won't have to do anything physical for the rest of the day, right?  Heck, I won't even have to drink water if I'm drinking a stick of Hydrate!

I sincerely hope there aren't people out there who think they can just not drink water by partaking in Hydrate, or can binge a bag of Doritos and then just eat/drink a stick of Restore and those calories will magically melt away, but I'm sure those people do indeed exist and there are plenty of Plexus sellers preying on those same people.

• Like 7
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

68383398-578B-47F5-8799-7F213B9F676E.jpeg

Not weird. Not to me anyways.

I’d rather have a healthy protein like this in the morning. They eat fish in the morning in other parts of the world; I remember having fish and veg as a breakfast option in Israel.

Unpopular opinion: I find many typical American-style breakfasts to be weird — donuts? Carb-heavy cereal? Pancakes and waffles or heavy cinnamon bread things? Yeah let’s start the day with 700 calories of refined carb and sugar (maybe if you’re about to do a triathlon or have a physically demanding job). 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

68383398-578B-47F5-8799-7F213B9F676E.jpeg

Not weird to me.  Salmon Benedict rocks.  I feel her about the cravings though, I crave red meat like crazy sometimes and usually it’s because my iron is low. 

• Like 11
(edited)
48 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I love salmon.  I only buy wild caught, usually from Costco.

What is the brown stuff on the right?

She finally found a use for that 50lb. bag of peppermint tea she bought a few years ago.  She mixes it with Plexus and pan fries it.

Tastes like hell but a real aid for the digestive system.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 12
1 hour ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

I was thinking a wheat English muffin and butter?   

I think so, but maybe not wheat. It's not a white English muffin, but the color appears too drab for whole wheat. I think it could be some low-carb and/or gluten-free English muffin, which brings us full circle to Celia's answer:

11 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Sadness.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 6
10 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I thought it was a sausage patty lol

At first that is what I thought is was too, but now I think it is some sort of English Muffin loaded with butter.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

It looks like a toasted English muffin to me. 

I can see that it is toasted. It's the underlying color of the muffin that makes me wonder what kind of grain/flour was used to make it. It has a grey cast to it.

Edited by General Days
edited because what the heck is a "muffing"?
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 3/1/2023 at 9:24 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I love salmon.  I only buy wild caught, usually from Costco.

What is the brown stuff on the right?

Walmart has a frozen, skinless salmon from the Sam's Club line and it is luscious! Best frozen I've ever tasted.

80D4465C-59FA-4B3A-A22B-F41408BCCCC4.webp

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
On 3/1/2023 at 2:23 PM, TurtlePower said:

Not weird. Not to me anyways.

I’d rather have a healthy protein like this in the morning. They eat fish in the morning in other parts of the world; I remember having fish and veg as a breakfast option in Israel.

Unpopular opinion: I find many typical American-style breakfasts to be weird — donuts? Carb-heavy cereal? Pancakes and waffles or heavy cinnamon bread things? Yeah let’s start the day with 700 calories of refined carb and sugar (maybe if you’re about to do a triathlon or have a physically demanding job). 

One of my favorite breakfasts (my family always thought I was nuts) is ...

I poach a piece of fish in veggie stock and then open a package of the cheapie ramen noodles, but don't use the flavor packet. I cook the noodles in the veggie stock and have it with the fish. I love soup first thing in the day with my tea.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Walmart has a frozen, skinless salmon from the Sam's Club line and it is luscious! Best frozen I've ever tasted.

80D4465C-59FA-4B3A-A22B-F41408BCCCC4.webp

Yum!  But I'm afraid that Atlantic means farmed.  I know Red Lobster serves similar filets, and I have eaten those.  They were good (I don't eat shellfish.)

We don't have a Sam's Club nearby, just Costco.  

Janelle's muffin? does have a grayish cast to it.  Maybe it's just the photo.  It almost looks like a hamburger patty.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

Yum!  But I'm afraid that Atlantic means farmed.  I know Red Lobster serves similar filets, and I have eaten those.  They were good (I don't eat shellfish.)

We don't have a Sam's Club nearby, just Costco.  

Janelle's muffin? does have a grayish cast to it.  Maybe it's just the photo.  It almost looks like a hamburger patty.  

Oh I didn't realize that means farmed!

I confess that I loathe cooking. Partly because my husband (and one of the boys before they both grew and flew) is THE pickiest person on the planet and will refuse to even taste something if "it looks weird". I partly hate it because it takes so long from prep to clean up. I still do it, because we're too rural for food delivery, which is simply unfair, but I am not the best at it. My results still look better than almost all of what Janelle comes up with though, which I find hilarious.

Too bad that I can't convince my hubby that I, like Robyn, am a damsel in distress and need someone to help cook. 😆 

• Like 4
  • LOL 7

I choose to cook the evening meal for me and Mr. lookeyloo.  He is anything but fussy and never has a choice.  I make what I like and enough for him.  We eat mostly unprocessed fresh food, but, I confess, I don't artfully put together a photographic ready plate.  And he eats it so fast he would never notice anyway.  I think Janelle's brown/gray thing is a 100% whole wheat english muffin.  I avoid those at all costs, including whole wheat pasta because I don't like the way they taste.  I also use a lot of real grass fed butter in cooking and on my unhealthy white bread english muffins.  The thing about Janelle is, while she is not a health coach, or even maybe, healthy, she doesn't "style" her plates, which makes them more authentic.  No one can accuse her plates of being photoshopped!

• Like 8

I think it might be a gluten-free brown rice flour English muffin. Wheat usually has a warmer color to it. Maybe the greens on the plate are affecting how the muffin photographs.

I can't believe how long I've been talking about this. 

34 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

No one can accuse her plates of being photoshopped!

That is indisputable. 

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, General Days said:

I think it might be a gluten-free brown rice flour English muffin. Wheat usually has a warmer color to it. Maybe the greens on the plate are affecting how the muffin photographs

Does Janelle have Celiac disease or is she just one of those people who thinks that gluten is bad for you? No way would I eat a gluten-free brown rice flour English muffin. I would rather go without than eat this. 

• Like 6
16 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Does Janelle have Celiac disease or is she just one of those people who thinks that gluten is bad for you? No way would I eat a gluten-free brown rice flour English muffin. I would rather go without than eat this. 

I'm gluten-sensitive, and rarely eat bread or baked goods.  I did have a gluten-free English muffin at Denny's once.  It wasn't bad, but it looked better than what Janelle's having.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
25 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Poor Janelle, nothing she ever cooks looks in the least way appetizing to me.

Part of the issue is the difficulty in taking pictures of plated food.  There is an actual art to it, there are professional photographers that make a living doing it for magazines. Shooting the plate with a cell phone in sub-optimum lighting makes it all look like unappetizing slop. 

And if food is cannot even be identified, that's the ultimate crappy photo.

• Like 8
50 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

I love ya’ll.  2 days later and we are still talking about this muffin thing 🤣

1 hour ago, Teafortwo said:

Could it be a brown rice cake?

I love how invested in this we all seem to be LOL

I don't think so. I definitely think it is an English muffin, because there are nooks and crannies, and you can see melted butter.

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
11 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Gluten free English muffins are actually surprisingly good. But to me what’s on Janelle plate doesn’t look like that — i cannot tell what that is. So many things have that shape, including low-calorie seeded bread rounds. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
7 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Gluten free English muffins are actually surprisingly good. But to me what’s on Janelle plate doesn’t look like that — i cannot tell what that is. So many things have that shape, including low-calorie seeded bread rounds. 

That's what it reminds me of !! My Grandmother was a super hippie vegetarian that followed the advice of Prevention magazine as scripture back in the 70's. She would make a dark brown bread with molasses and hand ground whole wheat, seeds and nuts that wasn't strong enough to hold its shape in a loaf pan and was more of a batter bread.  It was baked in empty cans from canned beans/veggies etc. It was my job to heavily grease the cans since I had little child hands. Just like her regular whole wheat bread it was really only good straight from the oven.  She would keep it in the freezer and saw off a slice at a time. I called it her "horse food bread".

She did lots of no sugar experiments too. I can officially tell the world that if anyone wants to try making home made ice cream (I always got to do the cranking of the machine...) with skim milk, honey instead of sugar and chopped up strawberries...do not bother.

I do have a blip of a memory that wheat bread in a can might be a New England thing.

Good memories tho.

• Like 12