Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

Janelle has admitted that her creative skills with decor aren't great.  Remember Meri, Thanksgiving in LV, and the spray-painted corn cans?  😜

Meri was half way through the job when Janelle arrived.  She thought they were just having a meeting to discuss the decor.😅

• Like 6
  • LOL 7
16 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Meri was half way through the job when Janelle arrived.  She thought they were just having a meeting to discuss the decor.😅

I felt bad for Janelle —  Meri has always been really pushy/bossy that way. I’m kinda like Janelle in that regard, if someone’s already rolling with the project before anything’s been discussed, I shyly back off and feel a bit frustrated I wasn’t even given a chance. 

I *can* be creative, but tend to speak up less if there’s a Sherman Tank of a personality working on the project. I work best alone on those kinds of things. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Stupid autocorrect!!
  • Like 14
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Leon should look to their brothers, cousins, sister and stepmom for fashion advice. Anyone of those outfits would look so much better than the shorts Leon insists on wearing.

I think Leon knows and wants to be noticed. They also tend to want to find something to be angry about. But yeah, you make a valid observation.

I had to look twice at that “cake”. It looked like a bloodbath to me! 😂 

• Like 5
  • LOL 7
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I had to look twice at that “cake”. It looked like a bloodbath to me! 😂 

Until I noticed the candles, I thought it was a lasagna gone very wrong.

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

Wow, imagine that….you can actually cook chicken in an airfryer! And muffins, cupcakes, bread rolls, croissants, fries, jacked potatoes etc. etc. 

Janelle, Just check the darn box in which it came. It’s full of pictures that give options away, alternatively, study the manual. If you have a fairly new one, the digital display for the menu is a dead give away. It even has a chicken picture to select!

• Like 5
  • LOL 7

Look!  You guys, this thing is called an AIR FRYER!  It fries with - air, I guess?  I'm pretty sure air is healthy!  Haha!  Of course I am not going to give you my recipe (I coated mine in butter, stuck another stick up the chicken's behind for extra moistness and dredged it in a plethora of stale nutmeg mixed with Plexus but that's just me).  You look up your own recipes!  I don't have time to hold your hands!  Dare I say it - it's a ROCKSTAR.  A game-changer, if you will!  How long have these contraptions been around, I wonder?  Off to eat this thing, dipped in ranch!  YUM!  

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 21
  • Love 1
On 3/30/2023 at 2:17 AM, Elodia said:

Cowboyboot-lamp and farting horses mural is all I'm gonna say. 

Not gonna lie ..,  I kinda want a cowboy boot lamp 

On 4/1/2023 at 4:22 PM, the-grey-lady said:

What really got to me in that scene was how Kody was asking Janelle to choose him over her and dogs, and for what? The chance that he might (maybe) visit her every once in awhile, and then complain about the size of her place and how he didn't have room for a reading light, or whatever?

I still want proof he reads !   And having lots of books means nothing.  I am a book dragon myself ( those of us who hoard books )

• Like 9

The place where I’m living now….

Has she moved again?? If so, here’s yet another place to call home for the time being. All the Browns have moved a lot, but no one has moved that many times as Janelle. Is it bad luck, with your husband’s sudden whims or troublesome landlords? Stupid decision-making when choosing for a particular rental?
Or is she simply unable to settle anywhere permanently?
People who have moved many times, sometimes struggle to put down roots and remain somewhat detached from every new place they go to. As if they’re having a house but not a true home? 
I cannot believe she’s fine with such an uncertain and nomadic existence. She needs a little place to call her own, a home base she can always return to after visiting her kids and grand kids. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

So the smart one has been paying for a seasonal space for a year or is it two years?  

Sounds like she found a space this year?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 3
9 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Is she rilly listening to the Beatle's "Here Comes the Sun?"

Moving sucks, and I don't know how Janelle's done it umpteen times!

It does suck. We’ve moved 11 times for work (both fed). For a while it was fun but now, I just wanna be closer to family and have some stability and consistency. It’s becoming tiring and stressful. 

• Like 9
  • Hugs 3
20 hours ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

So the smart one has been paying for a seasonal space for a year or is it two years?  I really don’t get there wasting money.   Glad she sounds happy.

Can someone please explain what she means by “seasonal space”?

Does it mean her RV is somewhere she can leave it year round without winterizing?

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Can someone please explain what she means by “seasonal space”?

Does it mean her RV is somewhere she can leave it year round without winterizing?

I think she means limited to 3 seasons. She may be able to store it on the site if she disconnects and drains the water supply.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
1 minute ago, Sandy W said:

I think she means limited to 3 seasons. She may be able to store it on the site if she disconnects and drains the water supply.

Thanks Sandy, I wonder if the space is in Arizona?

so she’s renting a condo and now she’s also paying for an RV spot?

IMG_6012.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 5

Janelle is as dumb as Kody when it comes to finances. How much money has she forked over to store that RV? She nor Savannah have lived in it for what almost 2 years? Savannah was miserable living in it. Unless she has plans to rent it out she is a moron for keeping it.  She should sell the damn thing for what she can get and move on. It's like she is determined to try and make people believe it was a good investment. An RV is never a good investment for permanent living arrangements.  

• Like 8
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Between Janelle, Kody and Robyn, no wonder their finances are a mess.

I was just thinking the same thing and especially when it comes to housing.

I guess Janelle isn't the worst of them since in the past she's always rented the smallest places unlike Meri who needs a 3 story, 7,000 sq foot mansion for herself or Robyn who needs an 8 bedroom, 6 bathroom manor house for herself and kids.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

I was just thinking the same thing and especially when it comes to housing.

I guess Janelle isn't the worst of them since in the past she's always rented the smallest places unlike Meri who needs a 3 story, 7,000 sq foot mansion for herself or Robyn who needs an 8 bedroom, 6 bathroom manor house for herself and kids.

Yes, I mentioned Robyn in my post.

Meri and her mansion was ridiculous but she didn't seem to have the same struggles as Janelle who seemed to be playing musical houses and then spends $80,000 on a depreciating RV. Now an RV that not only is depreciating but is bleeding her of even more money. Janelle said she didn't want to buy a home so she could qualify for a builders loan. At this point she's throwing good money after bad. And is she still planning on building on CP?

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Just my take on the RV seasonal spot. 

Loads of people do that in my area of northern MI.  There are campgrounds near or on lakes that people put an RV for the summer months.  While costs seem high they are not paying for electric and, in some cases WiFi, and is a lot cheaper than staying in a motel for the season.  Most of the venues have their own little convenience stores and the RV is a base camp for day trips in the area.  It's like having a cottage on a lake without having to pay the taxes.

• Like 15
  • Useful 5

But I assume that these people have the financial means to maintain a permanent home in addition to the RV to use just during the summer months. Janelle doesn't appear to have this. She is renting a small apartment and now talking about keeping the RV and managing it as an independent woman. I'll believe that when I see it. Last I saw she couldn't even get her garbage cans to the pickup area and had to get Kody to do this. Even if she rents this thing out it will be one headache after another. Janelle lives in a fantasy world where she pictures herself living and working on raw land, planting vegetables in green houses and even at one time said she wanted to have a farm to table restaurant. While Meri and Christine have wised up and moved on to a life that does not include Coyote Pass, Janelle is still holding out hope that this will happen. I have all ideas that Kody is planning on selling this property and leaving Janelle out in the cold If he can just get her name off of that pesky deed. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

New England has tons of lakes and we have zillions of campgrounds and most have spots for RVs. Many pay to leave their RVs there year round and open them up come spring. Many of the campgrounds are little communities with the same folks coming back every year. Some have communal pavilions for parties and such and have a (campground) resort kind of feel.

Like @Orcinus orca and @65mickey are saying, the RVs are used as summer homes. They're not cheap, but nor are they super expensive if that's your go to for vacations and use it a lot.

To me, Janelle seems like her usual checked out self, juggling all these balls in the air, yet none of her balls make sense.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1

There is a big difference between parking your RV next to a pretty lake for the season - one that has amenities (including but not limited to garbage pickup, power, water & sewer hookups) something you can enjoy with friends  --- compared to plunking your poorly-selected RV in the middle of nowhere and dealing with Kody helping you try to get yourself leveled in the dirt, draining sewage tanks, re-charging a batteries, carting in water and carting out garbage and sewage (I assume), and having to move every fifteen minutes to avoid being fined.  Not to mention trapping a teenage girl out there with nobody to socialize with.

janelle is a twit!

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Meri and her mansion was ridiculous but she didn't seem to have the same struggles as Janelle who seemed to be playing musical houses and then spends $80,000 on a depreciating RV. Now an RV that not only is depreciating but is bleeding her of even more money. Janelle said she didn't want to buy a home so she could qualify for a builders loan. At this point she's throwing good money after bad. And is she still planning on building on CP?

Well….Say what you like but at least she’s consistent in what she does: Throwing loads of money down the drain. The RV “investment” can be added to the CP “investment”, the retirement fund that once was, and the squandered inheritance. Not to mention all the poor decisions she made on the housing market….

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
15 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

There is a big difference between parking your RV next to a pretty lake for the season - one that has amenities (including but not limited to garbage pickup, power, water & sewer hookups) something you can enjoy with friends  --- compared to plunking your poorly-selected RV in the middle of nowhere and dealing with Kody helping you try to get yourself leveled in the dirt, draining sewage tanks, re-charging a batteries, carting in water and carting out garbage and sewage (I assume), and having to move every fifteen minutes to avoid being fined.  Not to mention trapping a teenage girl out there with nobody to socialize with.

janelle is a twit!

But isn't that what she's doing? She's found a seasonal place that has all the amenities.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
19 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

But isn't that what she's doing? She's found a seasonal place that has all the amenities.

The recreational amenities would be limited for Savanah. These places cater to senior citizens and parents of young kids. Even if there is a nice pool, I think Savanah would feel uncomfortable there being splashed by little kids and eyeballed by older gentlemen.  She may enjoy a rousing game of Quoits or Horseshoes  in the communal area 😒

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
16 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

Right— here in PA there are a ton of places, particularly in the Poconos, that have seasonal sites. Some campgrounds will winterize your trailer, too. Many of them not only have hookups, they are communities with fishing lakes, clubhouses, pools, activities etc.

Janelle bought her trailer and plopped it on CP as a “put up or shut up” ultimatum to Kody, imo.
She did it so that he couldn’t convince her to “think creatively” and buy Christine’s house or another house that he would want his (and probably Robyn’s) name on the deed. Of course he wouldn’t want his name on the mortgage—Janelle would’ve been solely responsible for that. 

I wouldn’t put it past Kody to use his salesman/religious guilt skills on Janelle to finagle part ownership of any house she could have purchased.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
28 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Janelle bought her trailer and plopped it on CP as a “put up or shut up” ultimatum to Kody, imo.
She did it so that he couldn’t convince her to “think creatively” and buy Christine’s house or another house that he would want his (and probably Robyn’s) name on the deed. Of course he wouldn’t want his name on the mortgage—Janelle would’ve been solely responsible for that. 

I wouldn’t put it past Kody to use his salesman/religious guilt skills on Janelle to finagle part ownership of any house she could have purchased.

The highlighted could well be why Janelle didn't buy instead of renting. She may have known in the back of her mind that Kody would try to get some/any profits of the eventual sale.

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
On 4/30/2023 at 5:06 PM, LilyD said:

Or is she simply unable to settle anywhere permanently?
People who have moved many times, sometimes struggle to put down roots and remain somewhat detached from every new place they go to. As if they’re having a house but not a true home? 
I cannot believe she’s fine with such an uncertain and nomadic existence. She needs a little place to call her own, a home base she can always return to after visiting her kids and grand kids. 

This is so true. I have spent the entirety of my life moving every few years. The most time I've spent in one place was three years, and even when I stay in the same city I usually move houses every couple years. It's usually circumstance-driven, or grass-is-greener syndrome, but I look forward to moving every so often. I bought a house a couple years ago and my first thoughts were how long we'd have to stay before we get a new house. I love where I live, but the wanderlust is part of my personality. I find a great place in a city I love, then visit another city and wonder what it'd be like to live there. 

Setting down roots isn't for everyone, and as long as Janelle is happy, I like seeing all the other places she moves to. I can't handle the desert (even high desert), so it's cool to live vicariously seeing her move around Utah and NM.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
32 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

This is so true. I have spent the entirety of my life moving every few years. The most time I've spent in one place was three years, and even when I stay in the same city I usually move houses every couple years. It's usually circumstance-driven, or grass-is-greener syndrome, but I look forward to moving every so often. I bought a house a couple years ago and my first thoughts were how long we'd have to stay before we get a new house. I love where I live, but the wanderlust is part of my personality. I find a great place in a city I love, then visit another city and wonder what it'd be like to live there. 

Setting down roots isn't for everyone, and as long as Janelle is happy, I like seeing all the other places she moves to. I can't handle the desert (even high desert), so it's cool to live vicariously seeing her move around Utah and NM.

I am someone who stays put as long as I can but not my best friend.  She has lived in Alaska, Hawaii and now WA over the last 7 years.  I see Janelle as a wanderlust sorta gal.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

If she were to purchase a house and qualify for a mortgage in her name based on her income and credit score why would she have Kody's name on the deed to the property when he was not on the mortgage. That would beyond stupid. It would tie her hands if she wanted to sell the property and the others listed on the deed did not. I think Janelle made some very poor financial decisions and she is paying the price. Using her inheritance and retirement savings to finance the Utah home and giving Robyn money from the sale of her Vegas house so that Robyn could have a $900,000 house being the most glaring.  I have never understood the logic that blowing $80,000 on an RV and parking it  on Coyote Pass where she has to move it from lot to lot every 6 months would force Kody and the other owners to start building on that pile of dirt. 

If she parks the RV at a seasonal RV site, how does that help her with money? She would be paying rent to the RC park and rent on her apartment. She already knows that she can't live in that thing during the winter. She comes across to me as a very stubborn individual. She is not going to get rid of the RV and continues to spend money storing it during the winter months and making the repairs that she has spoken about. The only way that this latest scheme would be financially to her benefit is if she could rent it out during the "RV season" whatever that is, and make enough to cover her expenses for the entire year.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

If she were to purchase a house and qualify for a mortgage in her name based on her income and credit score why would she have Kody's name on the deed to the property when he was not on the mortgage. That would beyond stupid. It would tie her hands if she wanted to sell the property and the others listed on the deed did not. I think Janelle made some very poor financial decisions and she is paying the price. Using her inheritance and retirement savings to finance the Utah home and giving Robyn money from the sale of her Vegas house so that Robyn could have a $900,000 house being the most glaring.  I have never understood the logic that blowing $80,000 on an RV and parking it  on Coyote Pass where she has to move it from lot to lot every 6 months would force Kody and the other owners to start building on that pile of dirt. 

If she parks the RV at a seasonal RV site, how does that help her with money? She would be paying rent to the RC park and rent on her apartment. She already knows that she can't live in that thing during the winter. She comes across to me as a very stubborn individual. She is not going to get rid of the RV and continues to spend money storing it during the winter months and making the repairs that she has spoken about. The only way that this latest scheme would be financially to her benefit is if she could rent it out during the "RV season" whatever that is, and make enough to cover her expenses for the entire year.

Oh, I by no means think it was a smart financial move on Janelle’s part. I think of her as still believing in the “family” and her marriage to Kody at the time and was really, really trying to get him to pay off the land so that she could build her house.

Janelle had argued with Kody about not qualifying for a building loan if she had bought Christine’s house or another house. I could see Kody making campaign promises that she could still qualify for a building loan if she were NOT the sole owner of another home. Now, that may not be true, but Kody, under the guise of his “headship” has been known in the past to convince the OG wives of going with his schemes.

• Like 10

Savannah would  not have to join Janelle at the RV park this summer.  She is 18.  Janelle  is finally using the RV the proper way / seasonally at an organized campground. Many senior citizens spend the winter in Texas in similar campgrounds. They manage. 

I must protest the complaint that Janelle couldn't handle her own garbage.  She  didn’t drag the cans to the end of the long lane, but neither did Kody. He drove them there in the bed of his pickup.  In addition, he was her spouse.  My spouse takes our garbage cans to the end of our lane. I don’t.  Division of labor is a real thing. 

• Like 7

I see Janelle as a wanderlust sorta gal.

I did until last season, when she very pointedly (and about as emotionally as I've ever seen her) told Kody that she wanted "a house. (Her) own house." I don't know if it's because she finally wanted to put down roots or because all the other wives had something tangible and she didn't, but she wanted more than an RV.

• Like 8
6 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I did until last season, when she very pointedly (and about as emotionally as I've ever seen her) told Kody that she wanted "a house. (Her) own house." I don't know if it's because she finally wanted to put down roots or because all the other wives had something tangible and she didn't, but she wanted more than an RV.

Exactly. Janelle is not a retired senior citizen looking to spend her leisure years in an RV park.  She bought that behemoth thinking that she could save money by living in it full time. She lasted a few months and then had it hauled off to storage. She is not saving any money by keeping it unless she lives in it full time or figures out a way to rent it. Janelle has never given the impression that she is a take charge person with a lot of energy. Janelle is a lot of talk and not much action. 

• Like 10
14 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

Just my take on the RV seasonal spot. 

Loads of people do that in my area of northern MI.  There are campgrounds near or on lakes that people put an RV for the summer months.  While costs seem high they are not paying for electric and, in some cases WiFi, and is a lot cheaper than staying in a motel for the season.  Most of the venues have their own little convenience stores and the RV is a base camp for day trips in the area.  It's like having a cottage on a lake without having to pay the taxes.

Yup. My parents did this near Traverse, before they ended up buying a vacation home there. We like to be near the wine. People do this around my hometown in west MI, because it's on the lake.

I think Janelle would like a home, but sometimes I think she would be fine traveling around to family in her RV. 

• Like 5
12 hours ago, LilyD said:

Well….Say what you like but at least she’s consistent in what she does: Throwing loads of money down the drain. The RV “investment” can be added to the CP “investment”, the retirement fund that once was, and the squandered inheritance. Not to mention all the poor decisions she made on the housing market….

Plus the RE license in Las Vegas but only a couple of "sells."

• Like 6