Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Can't all these husbands/boyfriends/fathers/etc. order online and then just have you pick it up?

11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Why can't they pick up their own stuff? I don't send my husband to the store to pick up stuff for me. I know better. He would get the wrong thing. 

10 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

I just watched Janelle's video where she goes on about the trailer being a mistake and failure, she over estimated the amount of time she would have to spend in it and the amount of work involved, she's hoping to use it more in the future with Caleb, Maddie and their kids.

I still can't believe she plunked down all that money on it when she didn't own a truck large enough to pull it and had zero experience pulling a huge rig like that, I guess that's why she wants Caleb involved, he can do the driving etc.

Plus add to that the fact that she's BROKE, wtf was she thinking spending all that money on something you can't even live in year round and she has to pay for winter storage. 

I think Janelle lives in a fantasy world when it comes to her ability to realize the limits of her strength and energy. She claimed that the RV would save money because she would not be paying rent. We see how that worked out. She just blew $80,000 on an expensive toy that she didn't even bother to research how she would get it moved from place to place. She fancies herself being some kind of mountain mama truck driving broad living off raw land and growing vegatables. At one point when they were deciding on the lots Janelle mentioned that she could envision opening a farm to table restaurant.  Has she ever hauled that thing anywhere let alone from Arizona to NC? It would be a hell of a lot cheaper to drive or fly to NC and get a large vacation rental than to haul that behemoth across the country. I am surprised that she has not tried to sell it. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 7
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, General Days said:

I don't think Janelle is broke. She's panicking about money, because she failed to secure property/an estate for herself apart from Kody, and the other marriages. Coyote Pass is her major asset, but because she shares it with them, she doesn't have the freedom to do with it as she sees fit.

I dont know why the OG3 dont collectively take Kody to court over the property issues. He's holding them hostage financially, and they are not legally married to him. I'd bet if they went in on a great lawyer for this, they could get their property and then some. No way Douche would want to pay a lawyer to go to court and air his dirty financial laundry. He's fine airing the family dirt, but he's paranoid AF about money. I wish a lawyer would offer the OG3 a pro bono deal.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, surfgirl said:

I dont know why the OG3 dont collectively take Kody to court over the property issues. He's holding them hostage financially, and they are not legally married to him. I'd bet if they went in on a great lawyer for this, they could get their property and then some. No way Douche would want to pay a lawyer to go to court and air his dirty financial laundry. He's fine airing the family dirt, but he's paranoid AF about money. I wish a lawyer would offer the OG3 a pro bono deal.

Turns out Christine,with the least amount of education and business experience, came out ahead of the game. She exchanged her interest in that barren patch of land for all of the equity in her Flagstaff home.

It seems that Meri and Janelle voluntarily turned over funds from the sale of LV homes to support R and K's purchase of Flagstaff home and adjacent lot.  Legally, I doubt they would have a leg to stand on. Kody may have enticed them and dangled the prospect of his pencil stub for their cooperation but they made a really stupid decision and that's on them 

Edited by Sandy W
Corrected word
  • Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Don't you think Jenelle bought the RV just as an attempt to push for developing the property? She was the only one still hoping for that dream to come true. 

Sobyn clearly wanted a mansion far away from the family.  Yeah...yeah... I remember all her fake protest to buying that mansion...and all the Kody talking points "but we DESERVE a mansion.  We've been treated UNFAIRLY by the rest of the family.  We need to STAND UP for ourselves and buy a mansion". 

With Sobyn just sittin' there fake sobbin' with a quivering bottom lip "but...but...i'll just take the crumbs the rest of the fambly is giving meeeeee". 

Kody was her HERO buying her the mansion she actually thought she deserved.

And Jenelle was left trying to push through "the family" dream of Coyote Pass.  I get it.  I would much rather stay off grid in a camper awaiting a house I actually wanted than waste money on a house I don't want (that also means i will never actually get the house I want).

Jenelle went ALL IN on trying to force the family into Coyote Pass...in trying to save the family unit.  

And she lost.

As far as legal repercussions, i'm not sure there are any.  The courts aren't set up to save people from their own bad decisions.  Janelle wasn't tricked (at a legal level).  She went along with this mess willingly.  I don't blame Janelle for where she finds herself, but she made a calculated risk and lost.

She's smart.  She'll be fine if she can disengage from these dysfunctional people. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2

I agree about hiring a good lawyer and more importantly a forensic accountant who can go through the family accounts and see where the money went and who took money out of these accounts. Janelle said that the family account was a saving account to be used for paying off the Coyote Passproperty. If they are not going to do this then she and Meri need to demand repayment from this account for the money that they gave to Robyn to buy her home that is if Kody and Robyn haven't drained it.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
14 minutes ago, ezzy4 said:

Don't you think Jenelle bought the RV just as an attempt to push for developing the property?

I can't see how spending $80,000 on an RV and parking it on the property was going to somehow make the other parties develope the property. She just blew this money that could have gone to paying off the property on RV. I believe that Janelle saw this RV advertised and thought oh boy won't this be fun to live out on the property. She didn't put any more thought into how she would get it, how it would be set up with power and water and if it would be livable in the winter. From the minute that Kody drove that thing up for her she stood around absolutely clueless as to what to do. It was just a dumb move on her part. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I can't see how spending $80,000 on an RV and parking it on the property was going to somehow make the other parties develope the property. She just blew this money that could have gone to paying off the property on RV. I believe that Janelle saw this RV advertised and thought oh boy won't this be fun to live out on the property. She didn't put any more thought into how she would get it, how it would be set up with power and water and if it would be livable in the winter. From the minute that Kody drove that thing up for her she stood around absolutely clueless as to what to do. It was just a dumb move on her part. 

Exactly and that’s not just us saying it was stupid, Janelle herself in the video goes on about buying the RV being a big mistake and a failure and how she beats herself up for making such a stupid decision.

Her only saving grace is hopes that somehow  she’ll get Caleb and Maddie to haul it around in the summer months with her and the grandkids onboard so she’ll get some use out of it that way, is Caleb going to fly out from SC and drive it across country and what vehicle are they going to pull it with, does Caleb own a truck large enough to pull that behemoth or is Janelle going to buy or rent a truck?

The whole thing is ridiculous, if she wanted to live out on the land she should have bought  a mobile home or some kind of tiny house that she could sell after her garage house was built, which was probably another dream because there’s no services on that property and as Sandy said she probably wouldn’t be able to get permits to build that garage/house casita on the property.

• Applause 9
7 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I think Janelle lives in a fantasy world when it comes to her ability to realize the limits of her strength and energy. She claimed that the RV would save money because she would not be paying rent. We see how that worked out. She just blew $80,000 on an expensive toy that she didn't even bother to research how she would get it moved from place to place. She fancies herself being some kind of mountain mama truck driving broad living off raw land and growing vegatables. At one point when they were deciding on the lots Janelle mentioned that she could envision opening a farm to table restaurant. 

The farm-to-table restaurant dream had me in stitches. She doesn't even cook. Okay, Janelle does very basic cooking. She can slap a piece of salmon in a pan, but Christine had to "teach" her how to make tiramisu, a no-bake dessert with all the complexity of an icebox cake. A restaurateur does not have to be a chef, but should feel comfortable in a kitchen and be knowledgeable. 

2 hours ago, surfgirl said:

I feel like the "Oh noes my money woes" stuff from Janelle is somewhat contrived. She should have made sure she had assets that are not wrapped up with her longtime lover, his legal wife, and his legal ex-wife, but I'm thinking this storyline is something of an insurance policy for her.

Kody and Robyn do seem like they could be tempted to screw Janelle and Meri out of money. However, a court would listen to whatever verbal agreements Janelle might claim the business partners all made, and Meri and Janelle have 13 years of show history, plus a book, in which they do touch on how the family finances always worked.

I think Meri would back her, provided Janelle was telling the truth and Kody/Robyn were not -- for truth's sake, but also for Meri's own sake. Christine certainly would back Janelle (and I think she'd back Meri, too).

I'm wondering if Janelle watched how Kody was about Christine taking the Flagstaff house, in exchange for her share of the Coyote Pass property. He wanted to manipulate Christine into selling the house and giving him the money, but he backed down really quick.

I think that's because he understood what financial discussions had been televised over all the years. He knew he would both look like a villain and likely lose, so he just took Christine's offer of "give me the house and you can have the land" and shut up.

Maybe Janelle is just getting all her fears in the public record now, so that she has some evidence that she gave Robyn (and Christine) money for their down payments with the understanding they'd do the same for her -- claims that predate any legal change in their business arrangement.

2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Turns out Christine,with the least amount of education and business experience, came out ahead of the game. She exchanged her interest in that barren patch of land for all of the equity in her Flagstaff home.

It seems that Meri and Janelle voluntarily turned over funds from the sale of LV homes to support R and K's purchase of Flagstaff home and adjacent lot.  Legally, I doubt they would have a leg to stand on. Kody may have enticed them and dangled the prospect of his pencil stub for their cooperation but they made a really stupid decision and that's on them 

I'm not sure Janelle and Meri have no legal leg to stand on, if they both swear the same sort of verbal agreements were in existence, e.g. "Janelle, we're going to use the proceeds from the sale of your house and Meri's to finance Robyn and Christine's down payments, and then we'll either buy you a house or put this into building you a house on Coyote Pass, once we've replenished the funds."

If Meri, Janelle, and Christine say, "That's exactly how it went down," and if their attorneys can show a history of the family all putting money into and taking money out of the family pot as needs arose -- if they can show that's how the Kody Brown Family LLC always operated, I think that might be their legs.

Also, we don't really know how the old LLC was structured. We don't know what kind of documentation they have of their financial agreements.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, General Days said:

I feel like the "Oh noes my money woes" stuff from Janelle is somewhat contrived. She should have made sure she had assets that are not wrapped up with her longtime lover, his legal wife, and his legal ex-wife, but I'm thinking this storyline is something of an insurance policy for her.

But see, here’s the thing. Janelle was a plural marriage true believer. She didn’t care about legal marital status. Kody wasn’t her lover; he was her husband. Robyn wasn’t just Kody’s wife but was her sister wife. And they were all one big family. As best I can tell, Janelle (and to a lesser degree, Christine), is the only one of the five “adults” who made financial decisions based on her understanding of the best interests of the entire family. And that has left her where she is now; with very few financial assets to show for all the years she paid into the family and kept them at least close to afloat.

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3

She doesn't seem to learn. She has made one bad financial decision afer another. Right now she is riding high selling Plexus. If that company goes belly-up or if the  FDA comes down on them then how will she support herself? 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

But see, here’s the thing. Janelle was a plural marriage true believer. She didn’t care about legal marital status. Kody wasn’t her lover; he was her husband. Robyn wasn’t just Kody’s wife but was her sister wife. And they were all one big family. As best I can tell, Janelle (and to a lesser degree, Christine), is the only one of the five “adults” who made financial decisions based on her understanding of the best interests of the entire family. And that has left her where she is now; with very few financial assets to show for all the years she paid into the family and kept them at least close to afloat.

I absolutely agree with the part in bold.

My point is I don't think she has very few assets to show for it. She owns a percentage of Coyote Pass, and she was (I would guess) an equal partner in the old Kody Brown Family LLC. Unless/until we hear otherwise, a fifth of its assets would have been/were/are hers.

Her real distress, I think (and she's basically said this), is that her assets are mostly combined with Kody and Robyn's (and I guess Meri's). She's not shit out of luck there. She just doesn't have full control, so she needs to extricate herself and her assets from that arrangement.

Now, that would drive me out of my mind, too. I'm not unsympathetic. I just think she is now framing her financial picture a certain way, with her eventual disentanglement in mind.

She could have bought a house. Kody even kept telling her to buy a house. Christine bought a house. Kody made sure Robyn bought a house. I don't know how much money she has, or the family has, but Kody thought that was feasible. He didn't stick her in that little apartment or the RV. She chose those things.

Janelle hasn't wanted to buy her own place (on the show) because she wants her funds to be liquid and ready to build on CP (although I think Christine is right, and it's unlikely to happen).

• Like 7
1 hour ago, General Days said:

I absolutely agree with the part in bold.

My point is I don't think she has very few assets to show for it. She owns a percentage of Coyote Pass, and she was (I would guess) an equal partner in the old Kody Brown Family LLC. Unless/until we hear otherwise, a fifth of its assets would have been/were/are hers.

Her real distress, I think (and she's basically said this), is that her assets are mostly combined with Kody and Robyn's (and I guess Meri's). She's not shit out of luck there. She just doesn't have full control, so she needs to extricate herself and her assets from that arrangement.

Now, that would drive me out of my mind, too. I'm not unsympathetic. I just think she is now framing her financial picture a certain way, with her eventual disentanglement in mind.

She could have bought a house. Kody even kept telling her to buy a house. Christine bought a house. Kody made sure Robyn bought a house. I don't know how much money she has, or the family has, but Kody thought that was feasible. He didn't stick her in that little apartment or the RV. She chose those things.

Janelle hasn't wanted to buy her own place (on the show) because she wants her funds to be liquid and ready to build on CP (although I think Christine is right, and it's unlikely to happen).

I think her financial situation might be pretty bleak. She owns 1/5 of Coyote Pass and it’s only worth something if she a) builds on it or b) finds a buyer. I think what the Browns have learned is that it’s prohibitively expensive to run utilities and build, so “a” isn’t a great option. And since it doesn’t have utilities, and given that it sat on the market for a long time before the Browns bought it, I think it would be hard to find a buyer. The land is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it and I just don’t think there are many buyers out there who want land that isn’t suitable for building.

As for the LLC, again Janelle would have 1/5 of its assets. We don’t have any reason to think it has assets beyond show money and the way the Browns spend, I just can’t imagine there is much left, if anything. Add to that, Janelle spent a vast sum on her RV plus whatever Kody spent on the ginormous truck to haul it. I just don’t think there is really anything left.

I don’t know Kody thought they could buy a house from Janelle but even if they did, they likely would have put down a very small down payment. Janelle still needs to come up with mortgage on her own. If she had bought a house when Kody was pushing it, I don’t know that’s she could afford to keep it now and she would have virtually no equity in it.

• Like 6

I think at this point it’s no longer 1/5 of the assets, Christine cashed out and left the mess in her rear view mirror.

At this point it’s just Janelle, Meri, Robyn and Kody

I don’t think people are lined up to buy Coyote Pass with its Poop Pond and the prairie dog plague soil.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
19 hours ago, ezzy4 said:

Don't you think Jenelle bought the RV just as an attempt to push for developing the property? She was the only one still hoping for that dream to come true. 

Sobyn clearly wanted a mansion far away from the family.  Yeah...yeah... I remember all her fake protest to buying that mansion...and all the Kody talking points "but we DESERVE a mansion.  We've been treated UNFAIRLY by the rest of the family.  We need to STAND UP for ourselves and buy a mansion". 

With Sobyn just sittin' there fake sobbin' with a quivering bottom lip "but...but...i'll just take the crumbs the rest of the fambly is giving meeeeee". 

Kody was her HERO buying her the mansion she actually thought she deserved.

And Jenelle was left trying to push through "the family" dream of Coyote Pass.  I get it.  I would much rather stay off grid in a camper awaiting a house I actually wanted than waste money on a house I don't want (that also means i will never actually get the house I want).

Jenelle went ALL IN on trying to force the family into Coyote Pass...in trying to save the family unit.  

And she lost.

As far as legal repercussions, i'm not sure there are any.  The courts aren't set up to save people from their own bad decisions.  Janelle wasn't tricked (at a legal level).  She went along with this mess willingly.  I don't blame Janelle for where she finds herself, but she made a calculated risk and lost.

She's smart.  She'll be fine if she can disengage from these dysfunctional people. 

They should still try. Stupider cases have been won in court. And they might be able to bluff Kody out of it going that far. They willingly gave money to a "shared" family pot. There's tons of footage to back them up. Even if they can't get their "fair" share, something is better than nothing. But they won't do it. They still have feelings for and about Kody.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1

Remember when the property was shown here and how it was divided into 5 lots? I am not sure if this was the legal description and there were 5 actual lots with 5 deeds to the lots or this was just some Brown family BS. But Janelle's name was on 1 lot along with Kody's name. If I am not mistaken Kody's name was on all of the lots. So if this is how the lots were purchased and titled wouldn't this mean that she owns 1/2 of 1/5 of the property.

Why these idiots thought that this land was a good investment is beyond me. I think that they would almost have to give it away to get rid of it. So whatever money they paid upfront and all of the loan payments is down the drain.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Well at least Janelle is on 2. Meri is one of three on one lot.

I see it as 9 claims of ownership on the 4 properties.  Kody has 4 of the 9 claims, Janelle has 2 and Meri has 1.  And somehow, Robin, who has only ever contributed her sexy underwear debt to the family, has 2 claims.   Or to simplify, Kody&Robin have 6 of the 9 claims Janelle has 2 and Meri has 1.

Do we know which properties are paid off and which ones they still owe money on?

• Like 6

If that's the case why the heck don't they sell? Robyn and Kody will  never move there. I don't think Meri is interested in living there. Janelle could be the only hold out. You know her estate.  

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Sweetpea12 said:

I see it as 9 claims of ownership on the 4 properties.  Kody has 4 of the 9 claims, Janelle has 2 and Meri has 1.  And somehow, Robin, who has only ever contributed her sexy underwear debt to the family, has 2 claims.   Or to simplify, Kody&Robin have 6 of the 9 claims Janelle has 2 and Meri has 1.

Do we know which properties are paid off and which ones they still owe money on?

And if Kody dies without a will specifically stating otherwise, Robyn (if she survives him) gets 6 claims on the land or 2/3 of the property. Why is this fair? No wonder Janelle was determined to get her little house built and stake her claim.  

• Like 10
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

If that's the case why the heck don't they sell? Robyn and Kody will  never move there. I don't think Meri is interested in living there. Janelle could be the only hold out. You know her estate.  

They would have to find a buyer which I think is difficult. The property had been on the market for awhile before they bought it.

• Like 9
14 hours ago, Adiba said:

And if Kody dies without a will specifically stating otherwise, Robyn (if she survives him) gets 6 claims on the land or 2/3 of the property. Why is this fair? No wonder Janelle was determined to get her little house built and stake her claim.  

Not sure of this but it the deeds to the property were titled Joint tenants with right of survivorship, if Kody dies his 1/2 of the property passes to the other owner. However I doubt that this is the case here. 

It would be like if I had a joint savings account with a non related person and I died the other joint owner would own the account. 

I could be wrong about this maybe someone familar with real estate law could clarify. 

If Kody has a will you can bet that 100% of any of his assets will go to Robyn and the tenders. His other kids will not see a dime.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 5
21 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Not sure of this but it the deeds to the property were titled Joint tenants with right of survivorship, if Kody dies his 1/2 of the property passes to the other owner. However I doubt that this is the case here. 

It would be like if I had a joint savings account with a non related person and I died the other joint owner would own the account. 

I could be wrong about this maybe someone familar with real estate law could clarify. 

If Kody has a will you can bet that 100% of any of his assets will go to Robyn and the tenders. His other kids will not see a dime.  

The alternative to joint tenancy is tenants in common which would mean that the person that passed could have directed their share of the property to whomever they chose. 

Would be interesting to see how the titles are registered.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
16 hours ago, Adiba said:

If she keeps looking this unhealthy I am not sure she will outlive him.  

• Like 12

If Janelle and Meri have any sense they will go to Kody and Robyn and ask for them to return the money that they each gave to Robyn to buy her house. If K&R don't have they money then tell Kody that in lieu of repaying the money they would be willing for him to gift deed his share of the jointly owned lots to them. That way they will each have a lot without Kody's name. this is essentially what Christine did with Kody. She kept her equity in the house and gift deeded her share of the lot owned with Kody back to him. I am sure that the money is the better deal but if they can't get it out of Kody then get what they can.

• Like 14
On 10/3/2023 at 4:15 PM, General Days said:

The farm-to-table restaurant dream had me in stitches. She doesn't even cook. Okay, Janelle does very basic cooking.

Aw, but we used to have so much fun when Janelle would post a picture of that night's dinner and we would take turns guessing what it was!  Are those potatoes?  Brussel sprouts?  Bagged salad marinated in nutmeg and ghee?  Meat?  If so, what kind?  Good times, y'all.

On 10/4/2023 at 10:10 AM, 65mickey said:

Why these idiots thought that this land was a good investment is beyond me.

Well, there were all those angels singingk...and the huge draw of watching Kody strip to his skivvies for a dive into a potentially hazardous plague-ridden drainage ditch pond - which ironically is now all dried up and being used by Brianna to do donuts on her new minibike.

• LOL 17
38 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Well, why not?  She helped pay for that 11 day Hawaiian vaca Douchie & Sobbyn went on.

All three of the OG wives paid big for that one.  But I think the 11 day honeymoon was in San Diego.  Was their Hawaiian trip (that Sobbyn supposedly saved her grocery money for, haha 🙄) 11 days, as well?

This family's spending habits baffle me.  

3 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

"I am fifty years old and I have nothing" was apparently a euphenism for "I don't have a house but I have plenty of money for impulse travel".

Exactly.  Their priorities are something else.  I couldn't live like that.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

"I am fifty years old and I have nothing" was apparently a euphenism for "I don't have a house but I have plenty of money for impulse travel".

I hate when people cry broke and then do something like go on a lavish vacation. Broke is cutting the mold off a piece of bread and using a rubber spatula to try to scrape a little peanut butter out of the empty jar to make a sandwich.

*according to my "friend" of course

• Like 14
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3

There's a difference between cash flow/income and building wealth over a lifetime. Janelle may have money for living expenses and occasional trips, but at her age she was hoping to have some equity in property after all the money she contributed to the family pot (an inheritance, a 401K, her profit from Vegas).

"I have nothing" doesn't mean she's impoverished, just that she hasn't been able to accumulate any assets in her own name because of how the family's finances were structured and Kody's lack of prioritizing her.

• Like 21
2 hours ago, Cheery Divorcee said:

There's a difference between cash flow/income and building wealth over a lifetime. Janelle may have money for living expenses and occasional trips, but at her age she was hoping to have some equity in property after all the money she contributed to the family pot (an inheritance, a 401K, her profit from Vegas).

"I have nothing" doesn't mean she's impoverished, just that she hasn't been able to accumulate any assets in her own name because of how the family's finances were structured and Kody's lack of prioritizing her.

So why not take some of her cash flow and buy something?  I know it's not as simple as that, but give up on coyote pass and get something for yourself instead of continuing to make bad decisions. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, JenMcSnark said:

So why not take some of her cash flow and buy something?  I know it's not as simple as that, but give up on coyote pass and get something for yourself instead of continuing to make bad decisions. 

I don't think she has enough cash to do that. She needs at least a 3 percent downpayment and for someone to give her a loan. I'm not sure which is the more difficult part of that for her, but I don't think either is easy. And of course, with a lower downpayment, her monthly payments will be higher than if she could put down the conventional 20 percent, and then there are closing costs. 

Giving up on Coyote Pass only works if someone buys her share. I don't think that Kody and Robyn are in a position to do that. I don't think Meri wants it. And I don't think there are any interested outside buyers. I can see where she really is stuck.

• Like 5
  • Useful 5
29 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

IMG_6754.jpeg

I wonder what the rest of that homemade sign says...unsafe for consumption? unsavory?...

6 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't think she has enough cash to do that. She needs at least a 3 percent downpayment and for someone to give her a loan. I'm not sure which is the more difficult part of that for her, but I don't think either is easy. And of course, with a lower downpayment, her monthly payments will be higher than if she could put down the conventional 20 percent, and then there are closing costs. 

Giving up on Coyote Pass only works if someone buys her share. I don't think that Kody and Robyn are in a position to do that. I don't think Meri wants it. And I don't think there are any interested outside buyers. I can see where she really is stuck.

She could sell her RV to raise some cash. She may find it has depreciated a lot but at this point it seems to be a millstone around her neck.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I don't think that Janelle is in Hawaii on vacation. She posted a picture  of a group that she was having dinner with on the beach. They were not family members and the speculation is that she is with a Plexus group.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 7

I doubt very much it is Plexus related. She’s there with members of Butcher Babies.

1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

They were not family members and the speculation is that she is with a Plexus group.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Two full days in the air for three days on the ground? I'm tired just thinking about it.

1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Plus the time changes.  She must have a lot more energy than we think or than she usually shows.

It’s not as if Janelle has a 9-5 job or caregiving responsibilities to get back to. I’m sure one of the kids would dog sit for her. 

If I didn’t have to get back to work and/or caregiving afterwards I would be game for three days in Hawaii. She can rest when she gets home. 

I learned this year that weekend trips to Europe are a “no”, but when I got back I got right back to work and taking care of my family. I am a bit younger than Janelle, but if I came home to just the pets it wouldn’t have been an issue. 

• Like 7