Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

It's about an eight-hour flight from Phoenix to Honolulu, and lots of people come here for long weekends.  I wouldn't, but others do.  

Any clues as to where she's at?  I've never seen those Spam-flavored macadamia nuts; that's not likely a "tourist" store.

• Like 4

Who would have thought Janelle had a lot in common with Heavy Metal performers? 

I recall she did mention something about attending concerts but didn't realize she was well acquainted enough to holiday with them.

Still waters run deep.

• Like 11
  • Mind Blown 2
10 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I recall she did mention something about attending concerts but didn't realize she was well acquainted enough to holiday with them.

Still waters run deep.

I remember Robyn eagerly sharing that Janelle is a big fan of heavy metal and would dress up and go to concerts in Vegas 

IMG_6766.jpeg

• Like 1
  • LOL 17

Really hard for Robyn to judge.

She is an ugly, sneaky person who has worked hard to steal Kody away from his OG3 kids, has collected tacky furnishings and decorations while others live in modest apartments, manipulates Kody as a damsel in distress and used to shop at Victoria's Secret and charge her Cootie sex rags against the house account.

Robyn is the original Cootie Catcher.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

They are staying at Volcom Pipe House, Oahu.

The Spam macadamias would make sense there; it's about as far from Waikiki that you can get and still be on Oahu.  Lots of surfers.

• Like 1
  • Useful 7
On 10/3/2023 at 8:12 PM, ezzy4 said:

As far as legal repercussions, i'm not sure there are any.  The courts aren't set up to save people from their own bad decisions.  Janelle wasn't tricked (at a legal level).  She went along with this mess willingly.  I don't blame Janelle for where she finds herself, but she made a calculated risk and lost.

Where I live, we have courts that deal with “non-criminal cases”. One that settles disputes between people and also handles family matters.I’m sure the US has such options too, especially when it involves divorces or a break up.

I doubt she will though; going to court is very expensive and time consuming. And there is also that matter of their very complicated (and likely very creative) financial situation… Kody admitted so himself, saying that their tax forms were over 50 pages long. Hell knows how big their (legal) trouble could become if a judge were to order a full disclosure of their financial entanglements over the past 15 years! 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Where I live, we have courts that deal with “non-criminal cases”. One that settles disputes between people and also handles family matters.I’m sure the US has such options too, especially when it involves divorces or a break up.

The US has civil courts and criminal courts. It is very expensive to bring a lawsuit against someone and I doubt Janelle has the resources.

• Like 5
56 minutes ago, LilyD said:

In the US divorces are by mutual agreement, mediation, or by family court.  Janelle is not getting a legal divorce as bigamy is illegal in the US and they were never legally married.

She'd have to take it to civil court and I'm not sure she'd find a reputable attorney to take the case.  As said it would be expensive and she seems to have willingly contributed the funds to buying Robyn's house without having her name on the house paperwork or getting a promissary note.  She may not have sufficient or any documentation that the money she put in was other than a gift.

• Like 8
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Still waters run deep.

I'm still confused. So she knows them well enough to go to HI to see them and stay in the same hotel? Or she's stalking them? 

Anyway, if that's her thing, good on her. Rock on Janelle!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Maybe they are fan club members?

I don’t think so she’s there with the band members.

Janelle is close to a few people in the music industry, her best friend growing up is married to Hugh McDonald the current bassist and back up singer for Bon Jovi

when Janelle was in Nashville she spent some time with them.

IMG_6768.jpeg

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 8
10 hours ago, LilyD said:

Family court would deal with such a claim.  It's an equitable principle known as "unjust enrichment".  Kody and Janelle had no legal relationship, so she has no legislated protection.  She invested assets in the "family" on the assumption that they would all benefit equally/fairly, and now she is left with nothing while Kody (and Robyn) make out like bandits, at her expense.  

• Sad 3
  • Useful 7

23 minutes ago, Quof said:

Family court would deal with such a claim.  It's an equitable principle known as "unjust enrichment".  Kody and Janelle had no legal relationship, so she has no legislated protection.  She invested assets in the "family" on the assumption that they would all benefit equally/fairly, and now she is left with nothing while Kody (and Robyn) make out like bandits, at her expense.  

Janelle and Kody have no legal family arrangement, but they have had business relationships. They have both been part of several iterations (Utah, Nevada, Arizona) of Kody Brown Family Entertainment LLC, as have Meri, Christine, and Robyn.

• Like 6
  • Useful 4
11 hours ago, Absolom said:

In the US divorces are by mutual agreement, mediation, or by family court.  Janelle is not getting a legal divorce as bigamy is illegal in the US and they were never legally married.

She'd have to take it to civil court and I'm not sure she'd find a reputable attorney to take the case.  As said it would be expensive and she seems to have willingly contributed the funds to buying Robyn's house without having her name on the house paperwork or getting a promissary note.  She may not have sufficient or any documentation that the money she put in was other than a gift.

Would the show, with all the times we've heard about the "family fund", not be useful as proof? I just hate that she actually put her own inheritance and 401K towards the "family fund" and has nothing in return. 

• Like 8

I wonder what Kody’s relationships are like now with Janelle’s older kids (Logan, Madison and Hunter)? I can’t imagine those kids having any sort of relationship with him after seeing how Kody has treated their mom and younger siblings. Have there been any pictures of Kody with Maddie’s kids?

• Like 4
On 10/4/2023 at 7:25 AM, AZChristian said:

According to Coconino County records, the Coyote Pass land is divided into four parcels, owned thusly;

image.png.20d8a4b8359a7812dd1d301c0a4c67d2.png

How did they all wind up with the legal last name “Brown?”

Meri and Robyn were legally married to Kody but Janelle and Christine never were, did they do a legal name change when they joined the family?

or did they just start calling themselves “Brown” and go get all their documents, drivers licences etc changed?

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Meri and Robyn were legally married to Kody but Janelle and Christine never were, did they do a legal name change when they joined the family?

or did they just start calling themselves “Brown” and go get all their documents, drivers licences etc changed?

Christine and Janelle may have legally changed their names to Brown when they started cohabitating for continuity with their kid's names.

Before Kody and Robyn were legally married, she officially changed her name to Brown. One Christmas, with trembling lips and quivering jaw, she presented him with the framed document. 

• LOL 18
1 minute ago, Sandy W said:

Christine and Janelle may have legally changed their names to Brown when they started cohabitating for continuity with their kid's names.

Before Kody and Robyn were legally married, she officially changed her name to Brown. One Christmas, with trembling lips and quivering jaw, she presented him with the framed document. 

So was this before or after “cookiegate”?

that’s Robyn always slithering in, having Christine’s family portrait changed to her spawn on Kodys lap, presenting him with name change documents, she’s such a conniving witch!   🙄

I wish they’d have an episode with Garrison, Gabe and Gwen discussing cookiegate and what they thought of Robyn’s performance 😋

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

In most states, you can change your name (first, last or both) as long as you're not doing it to avoid legal responsibilities.

Our grandson's father was never in the picture after his parents divorced, so when he was 18 he legally changed his last name to his step-father's. 

If my understanding is correct, you can't just go into DMV and change your name without documentation that the change is legally approved.

• Like 3
  • Useful 5
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I'm pretty sure that in the episode where Robyn changed her name from "Sullivan" (and/or Jessop, and/or Marck) to "Brown" and gave framed documents to Kody as a Christmas or birthday present, Janelle and Christine noted that they had previously changed their legal surnames to Brown, after their spiritual marriages. Iirc, they said it was important to Kody.

• Like 8
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Oh yeah.  Kootie said that "it shocked and awed me."  I doubt he had the same reaction to Janelle's and Christine's last name changes, however and whenever they did it.  Only Sobbyn got to bask in the gushiness of Kootie's "shock(ed) and awe(d)" declaration of shlock.  😝

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3
On 10/16/2023 at 1:46 PM, BuddyMom2 said:

I wonder what Kody’s relationships are like now with Janelle’s older kids (Logan, Madison and Hunter)? I can’t imagine those kids having any sort of relationship with him after seeing how Kody has treated their mom and younger siblings. Have there been any pictures of Kody with Maddie’s kids?

Logan and Hunter seem to have Kody’s number. They may love him because he is their Dad, but fully understand why their siblings are so hurt and understand why there is estrangement. Maddie probably would let Kody be a grandfather to her kids to the extent that he wants, but she knows that’s not much. 

Likely they care more about being a good sibling/child to Janelle than worrying about Kody (as Kody isn’t worrying about them). 

Even Mykelti who is a big fan of Kody and Robyn has never said where her siblings stand with Kody is unwarranted. They probably just take every relationship as it stands individually. 

• Like 7
18 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Even Mykelti who is a big fan of Kody and Robyn has never said where her siblings stand with Kody is unwarranted. They probably just take every relationship as it stands individually. 

Hasn't Mykelti admitted that she thinks Robyn is manipulative or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Hasn't Mykelti admitted that she thinks Robyn is manipulative or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

I don't remember her saying that, but it fits.  Mykelti is being manipulated by Sobbyn and Kootie.  I hope that the toxic duo will stop/have stopped bad-mouthing Christine and blaming her for everything!  

• Like 9
11 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I hope that the toxic duo will stop/have stopped bad-mouthing Christine and blaming her for everything!  

I think Kootie will go to his grave blaming Christine.  But she eats it up so it all balances out between them. And hopefully Truley will be occupied with her new dad so it won't be too detrimental for her.

• Like 11
On 10/18/2023 at 7:05 PM, Orcinus orca said:

I think Kootie will go to his grave blaming Christine.  But she eats it up so it all balances out between them. And hopefully Truley will be occupied with her new dad so it won't be too detrimental for her.

I just want to say that referring to him as her new dad makes me uncomfortable.  I genuinely hope Christine is not trying to force that narrative on Truley and lets her decide how close she wants to be to David on her own.

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
39 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

I genuinely hope Christine is not trying to force that narrative on Truley and lets her decide how close she wants to be to David on her own.

I hope so as well but I wouldn't put it past her.  She is positively gleeful about anything that makes Kootie mad and pushing Truley to accept David isn't above her maturity level.

• Like 10
7 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

I just want to say that referring to him as her new dad makes me uncomfortable.  I genuinely hope Christine is not trying to force that narrative on Truley and lets her decide how close she wants to be to David on her own.

Yes, I get that but how is that different from calling all Kootie's wives Mom? If it comes organically from Truely, then I think no harm, no foul, but if not, it is so wrong of Christine to try to force her into calling David Dad/Daddy

• Like 9
8 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

I do not believe Christine is referring to him in that way- even if posters are.  I’ve not seen any media gossip about that - and you know there would be if she even hinted at it 

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
On 10/17/2023 at 5:04 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Logan and Hunter seem to have Kody’s number. They may love him because he is their Dad, but fully understand why their siblings are so hurt and understand why there is estrangement. Maddie probably would let Kody be a grandfather to her kids to the extent that he wants, but she knows that’s not much. 

Likely they care more about being a good sibling/child to Janelle than worrying about Kody (as Kody isn’t worrying about them). 

In last week's episode Kody stated that Maddie never calls him and he just can't understand why.  Maybe it's COVID.  Janelle then stated that Maddie has put him at arm's length because of his behavior and she doesn't want her children to be exposed to that.  Kody then said something that came across as his children being little more than an obligation to him at this point.  And yet he is totally confused as to why they aren't reaching out to him.

• Like 10
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 3
17 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

He's not confused, he is a delusional lying liar.  He knows good and well the truth but his narcissism blocks reality.

Hes not confused he just doesn't care. Kody has TONS of children, if he has one or two that will tolerate him, the doesn't care about the rest. If they aren't willing to prop up his ego he has no emotional use for them.

• Like 7
  • Sad 11
  • Fire 1
  • Love 2

While his COVID rules definitely helped cause the rift I also think his pronouncements that he was the PATRIARCH and expected the family to obey him and seek his advice and permission in all things was a huge cause of the family changing.
Most of his kids and wives (understandably) said nope and chose what they wanted to do with their lives. Kody became enraged and lashed out which further cemented the estrangement. I don’t think it’s likely to ever be fully healed.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

Every time Janelle mentions Kody and reconciliation/therapy/counselling etc I want to see someone sit her down in front of the tv  and make her watch that awful episode where Christine and Kody go to Corpus with their therapist. I think she is Nancy. I want her to watch it over and over until she realises that if she and Kody did that same exercise with the rocks she would get the same results as as Christine.  That episode may have been where I started to detest Kody. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 3
5 hours ago, Twopper said:

Every time Janelle mentions Kody and reconciliation/therapy/counselling etc I want to see someone sit her down in front of the tv  and make her watch that awful episode where Christine and Kody go to Corpus with their therapist. I think she is Nancy.

Yes, that was Nancy. I don't think Janelle expects or wants Kody to go to counseling with her - and she doesn't want to go herself because she's done with him. Janelle set it up to see how Kody would respond, and he did exactly what she expected. Because couples counseling is a great idea for separated people considering reconciliation, and Kody isn't taking any of it seriously. And she's done with him. I hope this season ends soon so we can see her tell him so.

• Like 12
23 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

I'm trying to figure out why Douchecanoe is SORT of mentioning reconciliation with Janelle, but he doesn't give a RIP about reconciling with Meri. 

I think it all comes back to the CF incident. 

When the situation was first revealed, he briefly played the part of defensive, compassionate husband...and then he saw the photos and heard the voicemails.  His pride and dignity were hurt beyond measure. No coming back from that for him.  

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

I'm trying to figure out why Douchecanoe is SORT of mentioning reconciliation with Janelle, but he doesn't give a RIP about reconciling with Meri. 

2 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I think it all comes back to the CF incident. 

When the situation was first revealed, he briefly played the part of defensive, compassionate husband...and then he saw the photos and heard the voicemails.  His pride and dignity were hurt beyond measure. No coming back from that for him.  

Yes! @Sandy W!!  Kodouche will never get over the whole CF affair. Though I still feel he had already basically discarded Meri and she was desperate for some sort of relationship. Unfortunately she chose unwisely.

Janelle on the other hand has been very low maintenance and not demanding of much.  I think Kodouche thinks he has half a chance of reeling her back in just to keep the show going. Nothing romantic at all about it.

• Like 14
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
On 11/6/2023 at 7:41 PM, goofygirl said:

He wants to milk Janelles financed and her TLC money ad long as possible 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 3
On 11/6/2023 at 9:41 PM, goofygirl said:

Because he chose to discard Meri, and Christine and now Janelle have chosen to discard him.  It’s his ego.    At some point, he’ll ratchet up his insults and half truths about Janelle  just like he did Christine last season. We will see a duplicate Waassttted soliloquy, and he will complain about a knife to his other kidney. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 9