Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Ah, cute doggies!  Another reason why Kootie isn't happy.  Crybrows doesn't like animals, so Kootie doesn't like them, either.

"Gonna choose the kids, gonna choose the dogs."

The dogs and the kids are far more loyal than Kody ever was.  I hope she's living her best life.  I hope all three OGs are.  And the 13 kids too.

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
On 11/6/2023 at 11:10 PM, Sandy W said:

I think it all comes back to the CF incident. 

When the situation was first revealed, he briefly played the part of defensive, compassionate husband...and then he saw the photos and heard the voicemails.  His pride and dignity were hurt beyond measure. No coming back from that for him.  

When I'm feeling charitable toward Kody, I think the above could be the case. If so, I mostly find it understandable.

I almost never feel charitable toward Kody, though. And I certainly haven't since he started being such an openly shitty shithead to so many of the OG13 kids.

Non-charitable me thinks Kody knew about the voicemails and photos, and didn't care, because he'd already quit sleeping with Meri a few years before her cyber affair with the catfish. She was already nothing more to him than one mostly infertile feather in his polygamy cap -- one step on the staircase to celestial heaven. That she was mother of one child didn't matter, because that child had reached adulthood.

I think Kody was okay with all of Meri's betrayal, because he already didn't want her. Then, when the public found out about the voicemails and photos, he was afraid people would think he was a "cuck," if he kept play-acting as her husband. I feel like he really started shutting her out/turning on her, once he got heavily into his Q-Anon/Manosphere phase (and all the time he likely spent online during the pandemic probably didn't help).

Usually, when someone hurts or betrays you, you're angriest about it when it's fresh. It might take it a while to hit you, but not five years (not if the person is in your family, and living in your area, and in your face all the time). 

For a good long while, and for much longer than the near aftermath of the release of the photos and voice messages, Kody was kind of treading water about Meri, and seemed to think maybe they could try again -- but try at something new, and fresh, where they didn't repeat their mistakes. That's understandable too.

It's only been in the last few seasons that he suddenly acted like she was dogshit he couldn't scrape off of his shoe fast enough. The timing of his real turn doesn't line up with the scandal or the aftermath, to my way of thinking. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2

It was really sweet for Garrison to go out to brunch with Janelle. I am rather surprised at how she looks. Lately she has been looking so good and in this photo she looks kind of rough around the edges. I hate to say anything against her, but oh my goodness so much food on her plate!  Plexus isn't going to fix that!

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

The amount of food was the first thing I noticed.  That's indeed quite a lot for someone supposedly losing weight.  That's close to enough for me for an entire day possibly more than I have some days.  I'm considered a normal weight (BMI) for my height.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Absolom said:

The amount of food was the first thing I noticed.  That's indeed quite a lot for someone supposedly losing weight.  That's close to enough for me for an entire day possibly more than I have some days.  I'm considered a normal weight (BMI) for my height.

You can't really control the portion sizes you get at a restaurant. It doesn't mean she's going to eat all that. It's what the restaurant gave her from whatever breakfast she ordered (which looks like huevos rancheros or chilaquiles). 

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Like 16
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 6

Actually you can control the amount of food in a restaurant in many cases.  First don't order something that you know is going to be a huge plate.  If that's what you want, plan to share it with someone.  A lot of places will do half orders or immediately box half the plate.  I do it all the time.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
20 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

It was really sweet for Garrison to go out to brunch with Janelle. I am rather surprised at how she looks. Lately she has been looking so good and in this photo she looks kind of rough around the edges. I hate to say anything against her, but oh my goodness so much food on her plate!  Plexus isn't going to fix that!

Janelle is 54, fair-skinned, and as far as I know she has lived in the mountains and desert for most of her adulthood (not to mention she has had six kids). I think she just doesn't have makeup on and didn't do herself up. 

Restaurant portions are ridiculous, aren't they? My husband I went out for dinner a week ago. I got chicken parm with spaghetti, ate plenty, boxed up the rest, and ate half of what I brought home for lunch the next day, and ended up throwing out the other half.

19 hours ago, Absolom said:

4 hours ago, Absolom said:

Actually you can control the amount of food in a restaurant in many cases.  First don't order something that you know is going to be a huge plate.  If that's what you want, plan to share it with someone.  A lot of places will do half orders or immediately box half the plate.  I do it all the time.  

I never eat my full order at a restaurant, but I order what I want, and don't box up half the plate immediately, because then the box takes up table space for the entire meal, which really gets on my nerves. I typically eat about 1/3rd to 1/2 (depending on what it is), and ask to box up the rest at the end of the meal.

Edited by General Days
dessert is not desert
  • Like 21

Restaurant portions are just appalling;  the waste is ridiculous when people don't want to be bothered to take things home.  Knowing that, and being a rampant recycler, I have two of these in my trunk at all times.  I never to into a restaurant without one.  They are sectioned so you don't have to pile everything together like the usual polystyrene boxes.

I also check wth staff on ordering from the kids' menu.  I am rarely denied the abilithy to do that although, obviously the choices are very limited.  I am a huge advocate for "senior portions" from the main menu;  some restaurants do have that option and it's great.  I still often take something home but not enough for multiple meals.

And I have a very nice neigher with whom I often dine; we try to find something we both like so that we can split an entree.  It's rare that doesn't work, thank heavens!

Hopefully Janelle didn't tuck into that big plate!

• Like 8
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1

Yeah, not going to food shame Janelle here.  There's a local restaurant in my neck of the woods that has very good prime rib.  I usually order the large cut, eat what I want and take the rest home.  I freeze it in individual portions and make sandwiches or anything else i want out of it.  I usually get several meals.  Janelle may do the same or she may give herself a treat once in a while and eat as much as she wants.  Either way, what is on her plate is none of my business.

• Like 18
  • Applause 5
On 11/13/2023 at 12:48 PM, Elizzikra said:

I hope it was delicious and she ate until she was satisfied, enjoyed every bite and didn’t give a fuck what anyone thought about it.

When it comes to chilaquiles, get the eff outta my way!  I will eat a trough of that!!!!  

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

I love taking half my restaurant food home, especially breakfast - it's an automatic "I don't have to come up with an idea for dinner" celebration for me. :)

Also, with two social media averse grown kids of my own, I think it's sweet that Garrison took a picture of his mom for his own SM page.  Take that, "dad."

• Like 14
23 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

When it comes to chilaquiles, get the eff outta my way!  I will eat a trough of that!!!!  

I had to google chilaquiles.

This last episode is causing me  to recall why Janelle is my least favourite of the originals despite the fact that I am enjoying her dumping Kody.

We all know that Janelle was married to Meri’s brother before her “spiritual marriage” to Kody. She even mentioned it  very briefly in another season. Now she has the gall to sit on the couch and proclaim she was a family friend. Talk about lying by omission. I can see why it was not mentioned in early seasons because I think it would probably have repulsed many viewers. It still creeps me out. Also I think there was a lot of pressure from Bonnie for Meri to accept Janelle as #2 and Janelle’s mom probably pushed it too. I think Bonnie probably really liked Janelle as a DIL so it would make sense from her point of view to encourage it.  And Kody needed no encouragement. 
Janelle mentioned utopian polygamy.  If we get a new season, I want an episode where she has to binge watch “Escaping Polygamy.”  I nearly threw my wine glass at the tv when she started promoting making it legal to protect the wives.  
sorry about the rant but I get so aggravated with her  

• Like 11
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

It doesn’t bother me that Adam isn’t mentioned over and over like so many other topics. Now, the man has passed away. To bring things up from 30 years ago would be in poor taste , to me. We have enough, or too much, of that on the show.

• Like 12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

OK, so according to Kody, he and Robyn get 8 acres ( 4 each), and a very large house, Christine gets a modest house, Janelle gets 4 acres of land and Meri gets 2 acres of land. And am I correct that both Meri and Janelle contributed the proceeds from the sale of their Los Vegas houses toward the purchase of Kody and Robyn's house? And Kody's rationale for why Meri gets so little is that she only has one child?? Now I understand a little bit better why Meri always wanted to count those children that she wanted to have when determining the division of assets in the family. Janelle and Meri both need to hire themselves a really good lawyer.  Kody is trying to commit highway robbery!!

• Like 19
  • Love 1

Good luck with that. Even though Kody said on last Sunday's episode something like they all own equal shares now he is changing his tune. I hope that while Janelle is discussing this with a professional, she hires a lawyer to see if there is any way to demand an accounting of how the family savings was handled and who spent what. And as far as Janelle talking about how legalizing polygamy would protect the wives no it wouldn't. Not if one of the wives is dumb enough to hand over a chunk of her saving  to another wife who wants to buy a house without getting a promissory note detailing how and when the money is to be repaid. I hope Janelle and Meri team up on this but I doubt that Christine will join them.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

Surely they can go back and see who put what in the family saving  account and how much they took out to pay the down payment. Then see who was paying off the loan. I really think that Janelle and Meri need to hire a forensic accountant to unravel the finances.   If  they  don't they will get screwed. 

it's hard for me to have sympathy for tow women who allowed themselves to be taken advantage of for years.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

It seems to me that even though they can provide all the evidence they contributed to the purchase of K and R's home and the lion's share of land purchase, without a written contract stating it was a loan to purchase house and that they were entitled to equitable division of land, Meri and Janelle are probably screwed.

A judge can't fix stupid.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

And am I correct that both Meri and Janelle contributed the proceeds from the sale of their Los Vegas houses toward the purchase of Kody and Robyn's house? And Kody's rationale for why Meri gets so little is that she only has one child??

Yes they gave money to Robyn.  Yes family money purchased that land.  No idea if Kody thinks Mary gets less because of 1 child… but I doubt a judge would see it that way. The number of kids has nothing to do with it. It’s a partnership. The 5 adults purchased that land and several of the offspring were over 18 at the time anyway. 
However - the property is legally titled in a way that goes with these numbers so a judge may give a nod to a corresponding settlement because of that.  
Janelle and  Christine’s kids aren’t likely to get mad over this since Janelle’s supposed share is 4/14, which is just a little less than a third - and they really don’t care about Meri.   However - at some point the original 11 ( maybe not Leon and exempting  Truely ) will not stand for Kody mistreating Janelle financially  to the point they need to help her money wise.    He really doesn’t want that to happen as they could either encourage their  moms to take  him to court for back child  support or maybe somehow sue him themselves 

I wonder what would happen if all 11 parked themselves on his front lawn for few days and just stared him down? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

It seems to me that even though they can provide all the evidence they contributed to the purchase of K and R's home and the lion's share of land purchase, without a written contract stating it was a loan to purchase house and that they were entitled to equitable division of land, Meri and Janelle are probably screwed.

A judge can't fix stupid.

I agree, and this situation reminds me of some of the court cases that I've seen on Judge Judy and The People's Court. A couple breaks up after cohabitating for years ( never got married) and now they want the judge to go over all of their credit card purchases, bank accounts and everything else that was bought while they were together to try to sort out who is entitled to what money and it's a big financial mess. The judges always say they have no way of determining who is owed what amount and they usually just  dismiss the case. They never have a letter showing that there were loans and it's too hard and confusing trying to sort it all out. Meri and Janelle wouldn't qualify for back child support because they never opened up an ORS case to begin with and their children are all adults now.  Christine would be the only one that would qualify to get child support from Kody since Truely is the only minor and her other children are all adults as well. It would be so hard to go back 15 years and try to figure out who is owed what in their family. It would be a financial nightmare and I don't know if that would even be possible for a lawyer to do that. 

• Like 6

If TLC really wants ratings, they should really do a financial deep dive (in some sort of interesting way) to sort through some of this.

I don't know really anything about anything when it comes to financial and legal matters, so now I'm just making shit up. But... hypothetically:

1) Person A gives Person B money. That money is either a loan, a gift or an investment. Yes? Are there other possibilities?

2) If it's a loan, Person B has to pay it back. The terms of that are wide open without a written agreement.

3) If it's a gift and it's above Federal guidelines, Person B has to pay taxes on the gift, yes?

4) If it's an investment, the terms of payout on the investment are wide open without a written agreement. 

It would seem that there should be some legal remedy for forcing payments on the loan or resolving the investment (determining it's a loss and no one gets anything or determining that there are some sort of assets that can be sold and proceeds split). 

If it was a gift, would Kody and Robyn potentially be on the hook for unpaid taxes on the gift? That wouldn't help Janelle financially but it would be some sort of accountability for them for being on the take all the time?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Some lawyer is going to make a whole lot of money trying to untangle this mess.

Kootie's logic defies belief.

He wants one lot for his eleventy-seven kids?  Puh-leeze.  They want no part of him.

Edited by Orcinus orca
  • Like 8

Hmmm, I was just thinking (don't know why I was wasting the brain cells...). I wonder if there was anything in their infamous Commitment agreement from the "ceremony" that said they as a "committed family" would share equally in all ways with each other (adults)? Would that include monies/properties pooled for fambly use? Could that be used as a basis for Christine, Janelle, and Meri to claim equal share of the land and value of Crybrows and Kooties home? I hope those that contributed to the cost of the McMansion kept records of what they put in...

Just random thoughts...

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

At the end of last week's episode when the subject of Coyote Pass came up, Kody stated the Meri, Jenelle, Robyn and he each own 25% of the property. It's on the video so for him to try and back out of this and calim that he and Robyn own the bulk of this property is BS.  If he pulls this stunt I hope Meri and Janelle team up and find a publisher for a book that will tell all of Kody and Robyns dirty secrets. Get the cash ladies.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I doubt it. No one in this mess has any money to pay a lawyer.

Unless they find one that will take the case on contingency. Is there enough $$ involved for a lawyer to want to do this? If so, I think it would be worth it to the ladies, just to stick it to Kodouche & Crybrows, and still maybe walk away with a little $$.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm not so willing to assume Kody has been smart in how he's handled finances. In terms of property ownership, the OGs may have a case in how the property is divided based upon value of the land. And it could make an interesting season watching these five adults heading into court with lawyers in tow (partially funded by TLC to get the good footage)). 

• Like 14
  • LOL 1

There is a bit to unpack here.

• Annual max gift per person is $17K
  • We've been told the money largely goes into a communal pot--so anyone can spend it how they see fit
  • If they set this up as all of them as primary account holders, they can't just drop Meri/Janelle/Christine from the account(s) without their permission

The OG made a mistake in not having all of the property owned by all of them. Kody appears to be on all 4 lot titles and so he has an ownership stake in all of them. He and Robyn may walk away with most of the Coyote Pass holdings.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
corrected an important typo!
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 4

Just checked property records:

Kody and Janelle share a property assessed at $157K

Kody and Robyn share 2 properties assessed at $427K

Kody, Janelle and Meri share 1 property assessed at $260K

I know assessments don't necessarily line up to sales price, but to put it another way:

If the property is worth $844K, then

Janelle could get $165K

Meri could get $87K

Kody and Robyn would get $592K

• Mind Blown 8
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 5
12 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

I know assessments don't necessarily line up to sales price, but to put it another way:

Janelle could get $165K

Meri could get $87K

Now they just need a buyer...

• LOL 12
29 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Janelle could get $165K

Meri could get $87K

I wonder why Meri's is so much less than Janelle's amount.  Meri contributed alot of her money also.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

If Meri, and Janelle agreed to this they must be the dumbest women on the planet. Who in their right mind would agree to this division of property? I wonder if there is any chance that some how Kody got them to sign the deeds without divulging the size and value of the properties? Also if the deeds are legit. why were they always discussing who was going to get what lot? Wouldn't you get the lot that corresponded to deed with your name on it? None of this makes any sense to me. Was there no discussion among these dopes as to why Kody and Robin got the lion's share of the property? It sounds like Janelle didn't understand this because she wants to bring in a professional to appraise the property. Also Meri believes that it will be spit equally. Is there any chance that the property tax  records do not reflect the names on the deeds? I guess I am just looking for anything to explain how this happened and I think Kody is not above doing something fishy to have the biggest piece of the pie.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

I think none of us would put it past Kody to assert the right to the biggest piece of the pie on the grounds that by leaving, the OG3 cost him the show so they owe him for perceived lost future revenue. Would that be accurate? No. But we know how Kody operates.

• Like 9
2 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

I think none of us would put it past Kody to assert the right to the biggest piece of the pie on the grounds that by leaving, the OG3 cost him the show so they owe him for perceived lost future revenue.

It would depend on what kind of contract was signed.

• Like 5

What planet does Sobbyn inhabit?  She shared that she believes it's still "possible" for everyone to remain a "family."

Exactly how would that work, Sobbyn, since you keep everyone physically away from your spawn and brainwash them into thinking their siblings are "unsafe".

Not a family I would care to be part of.

"You know what, Robbyn, you can have him".  Amen.

• Like 6
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
On 11/19/2023 at 10:27 PM, Absolom said:

They foolishly let Kody run the family and he hates Meri.

True, but haven't we been told for years that Janelle keeps the books? Does the finances? No way she didn't realize that Meri had much less here. She was likely fine with it. In fact in the new proposed 5 lot division- she wanted Meri away from the "pond" and a bigger lot of gardening. That;s how the whole "in the trees" "not in the trees" routine started because Kody tried to convince Meri that she had said she wanted a lot by the street (she didn't).

Janelle had a lot alone AND a lot shared with Meri.

Robyn had a lot alone AND a lot shared with Christine.

Why were Meri and Christine only given shared portions? Coincidence? The two wayward wives?

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 4