Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, GeorgiaRai said:

Pure speculation here, but maybe Janelle and Gabe weren't immediately/initially able to reach Kody by phone, so Gabe headed to Kody's house to break the news and, if needed, bring him back.  Either he made it there, or someone was able to reach Kody while Gabe was enroute, and they each returned to Garrison's in their own cars.

It occurred to me that perhaps they were trying to do Kody the kindness of telling him in person instead of telling him over the phone?

• Like 11
  • Useful 5

^ Also a possibility!  My only thought was - due to the speed with which TMZ and others spread information - they may have tried by any means available to reach him as quickly as possible.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 4

I hate to think this way, but do we think Kody just wasn’t answering? I doubt the relationship has gotten any better since they were last filming. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 6

There would not have been any reason for the police to prevent Gabe from leaving to get Kody.   I’m sure they ‘read the room’ and anyway / it’s not like they don’t know how to find Gabe.  I’m sure he wanted to tell him in person.  Sounds like he might have called Gwen or even Robyn and they brought Kody to Gabe to save time   I’m not seeing anything inappropriate about this part.   

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
(edited)

I'm trying to walk the fine line between speculation and respect regarding that police report. Full disclaimer - I blame NO ONE in this tragedy. By definition it is just a tragic event all the way around.

Two parts still confuse me: 1) Janelle says Garrison stopped texting at 8:39 on March 4. But Gabe does not go to "check in on him" until the following morning on March 5th. This leads me to believe that they didn't think this was at a crisis level.  2) The one ominous text that people keep quoting was sent as random text to "people that they work with." People automically think that means TLC production/film related folk. But by definition it could also mean anyone on the "cast." . 

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 1
  • Useful 6
6 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

It occurred to me that perhaps they were trying to do Kody the kindness of telling him in person instead of telling him over the phone?

I think that's a distinct possibility. 

Gabriel was probably in shock (I mean all of them probably were, but Gabe found Garrison). It is possible Gabriel didn't want to tell Kody on the phone, and if/because he was somewhat in shock, thought he'd be fine to drive over there and tell his father. 

3 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

There would not have been any reason for the police to prevent Gabe from leaving to get Kody.   I’m sure they ‘read the room’ and anyway / it’s not like they don’t know how to find Gabe.  I’m sure he wanted to tell him in person.  

If I recall correctly the reported stated that Gabe went to get Kody, but came back alone, because another person (family member?) was going to bring Kody to the scene.

I feel like the other person might have been Gwendlyn. In fact, if Gabe took it upon himself to tell his father in person, he might have asked Gwendlyn to go with him or meet him there, so he didn't have to do it alone. 

I agree with the rest of what you said, too. Once Gabe answered questions from the police, there would be little reason to keep him at the scene. They had to question the housemates, etc.

Gabe is local and has family/school/work ties to the area. The scene was probably such that it was clear to the police upon arrival that the wound was self-inflicted and Garrison had been deceased for a number of hours -AND- there were housemates present on the scene who could confirm Gabe's time of arrival, etc. The police would have little problem letting Gabriel go to get (and/or notify) Kody, as long as he seemed to have enough composure to drive.

48 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Two parts still confuse me: 1) Janelle says Garrison stopped texting at 8:39 on March 4. But Gabe does not go to "check in on him" until the following morning on March 5th. This leads me to believe that they didn't think this was at a crisis level.  2) The one ominous text that people keep quoting was sent as random text to "people that they work with." People automically think that means TLC production/film related folk. But by definition it could also mean anyone on the "cast." . 

1. I think you're probably right -- that it didn't seem at crisis level to them, and like you, I blame no one.

And maybe it didn't come across as a crisis even to the person who sent the text to Janelle. Maybe Garrison was renegging on an agreement to film or something, and the producers contacted Janelle to change his mind. We don't know the full context.

My heart is broken for the whole family. We've got to remember, the various media outlets have classified the text as "ominous." The police report itself is probably less melodramatic. It is likely a more plainly factual sequence of events.

We know Janelle adores her kids.

Thirty years of whatever b.s. there in that group marriage didn't cause her to end her marriage to Kody, but once he seemed to Janelle to be mistreating their kids, she wanted out. 

We also know the kids love their siblings. They really do love each other. They crave getting together. They're even devastated by the rift between them and Robyn's children. 

2. About the report on the text, TMZ, which obtained the report worded it as such: "The police explain that Janelle told them Garrison had texted a group of people that the Brown family works with..." and quotes Garrison's text as reading "I want to hate you for sharing the good times. But I can’t. I miss these days."

I have seen fan speculation that Garrison sent the text to Robyn (or even to Kody). I don't think the text went to anyone in the family (which is the cast).

I think even if it was Robyn, the report would have cited the recipient of the text as a "family member" (or more likely "stepmother") rather than "someone they work with." To me, the wording suggests Garrison was texting people involved with the production. 

Those kids are on a first name basis with the producers (I've heard both Gwendlyn and Mykelti speak of them in that manner). It's not unthinkable that they'd have a text exchange. Also, if there was any sort of event scheduled that the production had been preparing to film, which was supposed to include Garrison, there are any number of production-related reasons for them to be in contact with him. 

To me, Occam's Razor suggests it was someone involved in the show who got the text from Garrison and forwarded it to Janelle. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
52 minutes ago, General Days said:

To me, Occam's Razor suggests it was someone involved in the show who got the text from Garrison and forwarded it to Janelle.

Thank you for your informative, logical response. Your line of thinking on all points helped me process my own.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

I share in everyone's grief and cannot stop thinking about this family and what they are going through.

Regarding the InTouch Weekly article: the claims about Gabe/Kody on the night that Garrison's body was discovered is bogus information that was generated by a heinous, malicious youtuber who calls themselves Without A Crystal Ball. InTouch and other outlets picked up these lies and ran with them. The person also made up a story that emergency services (or police) were called to the She-rah chateau the night after Garrison's untimely death. The police were then inundated by calls, which prevented them from doing their work. 

Please do not give WOACB any clicks or other engagement. Hopefully they are being sued as they have been many times over. I cannot imagine more disgusting behavior than this attempt to capitalize on a tragedy.

InTouch did a followup re the fake story about cars going to the Brown's home: "Contrary to reports, the Flagstaff Police Department tells In Touch, “We have had a very heavy call volume regarding a supposed incident at the address you have provided. After speaking with the dispatch and confirming in our system with names and DOB there have been no calls dispatched to the address. No incidents have occurred with the Coconino County Sherrif or Flagstaff Police Department.”

If you're interested in how I learned about this, please DM me. Thank you all

Edited by Teafortwo
added info
  • Like 2
  • Angry 5
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 3/8/2024 at 3:09 PM, Natalie68 said:

Yes this may be bitchy, but I want someone to confront Robyn about what she said re Xmas and Gabe/Garrison.  She is largely responsible for those boys not having access to their father the last several years.

First I am no Robyn fan.  I was disgusted when she manipulated Meri into giving up her Christmas Eve celebration and not inviting the boys like she (Meri) wanted to.  However, Kody is a big boy who has repeatedly said that the wives don't control him.  So he made the choice on his own to remain estranged from his sons despite the fact that Gabe and Garrison repeatedly tried to work things out.  

That being said, I don't want to lay blame anywhere for this tragedy.  It's a horrible and unexpected thing and I am sure that at least some family members are second guessing themselves right about now.  

Edited by Meow Mix
  • Like 11
  • Applause 5

Damn and fucking hell, this is so sad. This kid deserved more in life. It's always the ones who seem fine, isn't it? I have not been paying attention to this at all and just found out and in addition to feeling awful for Janelle, Christine and the OG kids, I just think about how much time Douche wasted being righteous and angry towards his own sons, and now there is no more opportunity for a re do. Sadly I doubt he will learn any lessons from this and right the wrongs he's foisted upon his OG children. I think he will just double the hell down, because he is, after all, a narcissist and narc's cannot change who they are, can they? It's so damn sad.

• Like 15
4 hours ago, surfgirl said:

... a narcissist and narc's cannot change who they are, can they?

And narcissists never take the blame for anything, nothing bad is ever their fault. But everything good is due to their brilliance.

He would have to be a monster not to feel some culpability due to his treatment of Gabe and Garrison in particular.

• Like 17
19 hours ago, surfgirl said:

Sadly I doubt he will learn any lessons from this and right the wrongs he's foisted upon his OG children. I think he will just double the hell down, because he is, after all, a narcissist and narc's cannot change who they are, can they? It's so damn sad.

Kody has two choices - he can double-down, at which point he likely loses whatever tenuous relationships he may have had with most of his kids.  Or he can take full accountability for what he's done but the kids get to rightfully decide if he's done enough damage to the entire family and cut him out of their lives.  It's not up to Kody, it's up to his kids.  Those kids are a tribe, they had to raise each other, and this will be a profound loss for them forever.

And I will always remain stunned about why Kody felt like he HAD to bail on his OG kids in favor of Robyn and her kids.  I will never understand why Kody felt he had to shun everyone not living under his roof - unless it was Robyn-driven - but even still, the Brown kids/adults are amazing, intelligent, self-motivated and interesting people.  It doesn't seem like it would've been that difficult to meet up with them, a Facetime call, have lunch, etc.  But he would not do it.  Why??  I cannot imagine having kids and not wanting to touch base with them as often as I could, even if they are out of state, just to say hello, how's everything going?  What was happening in that Mansion that caused him to turn his back on 75% of his family?  It defies logic, especially when some of those same kids were clearly hurting and longing for his attention and time.

I am still so sad about this.........

• Like 4
  • Sad 15
  • Angry 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

And I will always remain stunned about why Kody felt like he HAD to bail on his OG kids in favor of Robyn and her kids.  I will never understand why Kody felt he had to shun everyone not living under his roof - unless it was Robyn-driven - but even still, the Brown kids/adults are amazing, intelligent, self-motivated and interesting people.  It doesn't seem like it would've been that difficult to meet up with them, a Facetime call, have lunch, etc.  But he would not do it.  Why??  I cannot imagine having kids and not wanting to touch base with them as often as I could, even if they are out of state, just to say hello, how's everything going?  What was happening in that Mansion that caused him to turn his back on 75% of his family?  It defies logic, especially when some of those same kids were clearly hurting and longing for his attention and time.

It’s about RESPECT.  They didn’t respect his rules.  And he’s such a stubborn m-f that he decided to withhold his role in their lives until they apologized to him for disrespecting his rules and living “selfishly” (all his words), in addition to apologizing to Queen Robyn for anything and everything.

HE TOLD US THIS WAS THE REASON!!!  (Not yelling at you, Laura!  I just hate him so so much). 

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Like 15
1 hour ago, LotusFlower said:

It’s about RESPECT.  They didn’t respect his rules.  And he’s such a stubborn m-f that he decided to withhold his role in their lives until they apologized to him for disrespecting his rules and living “selfishly” (all his words), in addition to apologizing to Queen Robyn for anything and everything.

HE TOLD US THIS WAS THE REASON!!!  (Not yelling at you, Laura!  I just hate him so so much). 

And how'd that work out with his wives?! Kody can't get out of his own way and Robyn makes sure of it.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I am still so sad about this.........

THIS is what I don't understand. Sure maybe he fell out of love with his other wives or whatever, people divorce, but who on earth goes from being an involved father to basically just dropping his 13 other children because his new wife said HER kids were to be more important?

I mean as much as he's an asshole husband, Janelle/Christine weren't trying to keep their kids away from Kody at all. In fact Christine has said - she wants Truely to have a relationship with her dad; Ysabel needed her dad for major surgery; that she didn't believe Garrison when he said - we don't need a dad/father figure, we're grown.

Kody and Robyn married in 2010 - Garrison was 11 and Gabe 9. I get the sense that until 2018 - until Flagstaff - he was reasonably available to his kids - so until Garrison was 19 and Gabe was 17. I mean not saying Vegas was perfect - things were definitely starting to chill the entire time there, as he was spending more and more time with Robyn and getting less and less interested in Christine/Janelle, but it seems like he still kept some kind of schedule going to Christine/Janelle's homes to spend time with the kids. We used to see him going to Hunter's wrestling meetings, we saw him attending a party for Garrison when he finished basic training - and really being thrilled to see Garrison, not just attending as a polite guest. Then BAM these kids turn 19 and 17, you move to Arizona, decide you don't want to bother seeing them or their moms, nor do you want to hear normal things like Gabe complaining about how getting ripped away from his old high school means he won't get to be wrestling captain in his senior year - so you start to check out. And BAM 2 years later, Covid gives you the full excuse to just act like these other 13 kids don't exist at all and when you acknowledge them you do so in derogatory ways putting them down [ahem - Gabe and Garrison wanted to see their girlfriends to get their pencils wet?!]

I mean what parent can just cut their kids out like that? And give me a break, it wasn't about covid. I say that as someone who is covid conscious still. Even if they couldn't figure out a safe way to hold Christmases/Thanksgivings for 4 years, Kody couldn't see his kids 1:1? Ever? Really? Can't go hiking with the boys or work on the property? Can't bring over lunch or a pizza and eat outdoors with them? Did he even realize Garrison's hobby was photography and astronomy - couldn't be in the great outdoors with him as he took pics/showed you the stars and you showed some interest in what he was doing? Really? And if your new wife says nooooo - you wouldn't tell her to back off - you'd just agree with her and drop your dozen+ kids??

• Like 5
  • Applause 8
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, cereality said:

THIS is what I don't understand. Sure maybe he fell out of love with his other wives or whatever, people divorce, but who on earth goes from being an involved father to basically just dropping his 13 other children because his new wife said HER kids were to be more important?

I mean as much as he's an asshole husband, Janelle/Christine weren't trying to keep their kids away from Kody at all. In fact Christine has said - she wants Truely to have a relationship with her dad; Ysabel needed her dad for major surgery; that she didn't believe Garrison when he said - we don't need a dad/father figure, we're grown.

Kody and Robyn married in 2010 - Garrison was 11 and Gabe 9. I get the sense that until 2018 - until Flagstaff - he was reasonably available to his kids - so until Garrison was 19 and Gabe was 17. I mean not saying Vegas was perfect - things were definitely starting to chill the entire time there, as he was spending more and more time with Robyn and getting less and less interested in Christine/Janelle, but it seems like he still kept some kind of schedule going to Christine/Janelle's homes to spend time with the kids. We used to see him going to Hunter's wrestling meetings, we saw him attending a party for Garrison when he finished basic training - and really being thrilled to see Garrison, not just attending as a polite guest. Then BAM these kids turn 19 and 17, you move to Arizona, decide you don't want to bother seeing them or their moms, nor do you want to hear normal things like Gabe complaining about how getting ripped away from his old high school means he won't get to be wrestling captain in his senior year - so you start to check out. And BAM 2 years later, Covid gives you the full excuse to just act like these other 13 kids don't exist at all and when you acknowledge them you do so in derogatory ways putting them down [ahem - Gabe and Garrison wanted to see their girlfriends to get their pencils wet?!]

I mean what parent can just cut their kids out like that? And give me a break, it wasn't about covid. I say that as someone who is covid conscious still. Even if they couldn't figure out a safe way to hold Christmases/Thanksgivings for 4 years, Kody couldn't see his kids 1:1? Ever? Really? Can't go hiking with the boys or work on the property? Can't bring over lunch or a pizza and eat outdoors with them? Did he even realize Garrison's hobby was photography and astronomy - couldn't be in the great outdoors with him as he took pics/showed you the stars and you showed some interest in what he was doing? Really? And if your new wife says nooooo - you wouldn't tell her to back off - you'd just agree with her and drop your dozen+ kids??

First off, I don’t even accept the premise that he was an involved father before Robyn entered the picture.  Yes, we saw him with all the kids in those early seasons, but it looked like he was just “playing dad” for the cameras.  I remember one episode where Janelle was discussing either a disciplinary or emotional problem with one of the boys, and first they had to wait for one of Kody’s “visits” to even address it.  Then I remember Kody and the son (I think it was Garrison) being very awkward and uncomfortable around each other, and it was left for Janelle to follow up and handle.

Secondly, those of us that watched from the beginning remember Logan getting the younger kids ready for school and taking on a lot of parental responsibilities.

More importantly, I think Kody’s involvement in his kids’ lives, or lack there of, is part of polygamy culture.  Before I started watching this show, I honestly (and naively) thought polygamous families all lived together.  One big (happy?) family.  Or lived in the same compound, at least.  I think that’s sometimes the case, but I’ve since learned that more common is men having multiple families, with multiple homes, with the husband/fathers jumping from home to home.  And the kids are the mother’s kids, with the father acting merely as a sperm donor.  Kody, of course, has always referred to his own kids as “Janelle’s kids” or “Christine’s kids,” etc.  This has always stood out to me.  With fury.

Bottom line: yes, Kody is a father, but raising kids in a polygamous family is really different than in monogamous ones.  The narcissistic, patriarchal, King-like mentality means the mothers do all the work, and the fathers are usually absent, uninvolved, and often disinterested.  

• Like 17
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1

Adding on to so many great posts about Kody ditching the OG 13 in favor of Robyn's kids is that when Kody had an issue with Janelle, Christine, or Meri that he would pull away and/or take it out on their kids, by not really communicating with them. 

Also, I wish someone would call out Kody on the fact he visited each of the wives and their children (the ones that were around) during Covid, so it kind of defeats the reasoning that others in the family could not get together, because he was spreading the possible germs to each family already.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

@Lotusflower - I wasn’t suggesting that Kody was father of the year. The kids are who they are entirely bc of Janelle, Christine and also each other. That being said there’s no denying that he was around in Vegas in a way that he isn’t in Flagstaff. No he wasn’t doing the heavy lifting like getting the kids ready for school or meals but he at least saw the kids and had some clue what they were up to. When they moved to Vegas and then 14 yr old Hunter was miserable and barely coming out of his room, Kody at least knew that and was trying to talk to him about how he needed to live life and do things he liked and got him connected with a wrestling team, went to practices with him. Fast forward 7 years when Gabe was complaining that moving his junior/senior year was terrible bc he’d worked so hard and now he’d miss out on being captain of the wrestling team, Kody didn’t want to hear it and the messaging was - shrug this is what Robyn wants bc she doesn’t want Dayton going to college alone so deal with it.

Watched the episode from last season where Garrison buys a house and has dinner with Janelle, Christine, Gabe, Savannah, and Gwen and it was heartbreaking as it was after Christmas and Garrison was like - haven’t talked to dad since before Thanksgiving and since I spoke to him I’ve bought a house, started school, and gotten a car, he doesn’t know or care. I feel like a decade prior, Kody would’ve known which kid started college and what they were majoring in and what car they bought and he would’ve come toured their house

i mean the dude doesn’t work - it’s interesting that we NEVER see him visiting his grown kids, ever. What’s stopping him from going to Vegas for a weekend and hanging with Logan and Hunter or Utah to see Aspen, Mkelti and the grandkids there or going to NC once or twice a yr to see Madison and those grandkids? None of these kids live with their moms so it isn’t a - awkward to see my ex wives issue. It’s simply that he sees his family as Robyn and her kids and has dropped his 13 other kids.

• Like 14
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
21 minutes ago, cereality said:

@Lotusflower - I wasn’t suggesting that Kody was father of the year. The kids are who they are entirely bc of Janelle, Christine and also each other. That being said there’s no denying that he was around in Vegas in a way that he isn’t in Flagstaff. No he wasn’t doing the heavy lifting like getting the kids ready for school or meals but he at least saw the kids and had some clue what they were up to.

Yes, Kody was a bigger presence in the kids’ lives when they lived in Vegas compared to Flagstaff, but I still don’t think he was as involved as you think, and I honestly do NOT think he had a clue what most of them were up to, most of the time.  

As I remember, the kids either alluded to this, or even said it outright in some of their couch interviews at the end-of-season reunions or wrap-up shows (whatever they’re called), although it was always gently worded.  

Your example of Kody supporting Gabe with wrestling is a good one, and I won’t dismiss it.  But can you think of other things he did to support anyone else?  Honestly, I can’t!  All I can think of is Kody supporting Aurora and holding her hand as she got her ears pierced!

And let’s not forget how Truely got sick and almost died when she was in his care (all the wives were away) because he had no clue what to do!  And of course not being there for Ysabel’s surgery, but that happened in the Flagstaff era, which leads me to your bewilderment re: Kody not visiting his older kids.  I think it’s pretty simple: the kids have chosen sides.  He doesn’t travel or hang out with them because he’s likely not welcome.  And besides, Robyn probably doesn’t allow it.  He made decisions that divided the family, and made no attempt to fix it.  And now with the Garrison tragedy, it might be irreparable.  

• Like 8

As much as Christine and Janelle tried to convince everyone how involved Kody was in his kids, IMO, it isn't/wasn't true. I don't think he is all that involved with Robyn's kids either.

It seems to me, Kody is/was a minimally involved dad and his wives allowed him to be - even Robin. He loved it when the kids were little and wanted a snuggle and enjoyed being the last firm word, but not much more. And from what I saw on the show, the kids complicated their moms' marriages. By the time Robin came along the wives and kids were seeing Kody about 6 days a month. The moms also wanted Kody's attention and affection.

I also don't think any of the moms were/are better than average moms. First, IMO, most kids grow up to be decent adults regardless of their childhoods. And second, parenting is a crap shoot - great parents can have a troubled kid(s) and not-so-good parents can have an exceptional kid(s). And... there's a reason none of these kids want a polygamous life.

IMO, Kody wants to be revered. He can't tolerate when others have complicated feelings, so he punishes them with his absence when they have them. This forced Christine into a cycle of sunshine and rainbows and nagging wife. And Kody's behavior forced Janelle to basically shut down. Meri and Robyn turned to manipulation and that is what Robyn means when she says, "she speaks Kody". Both Robyn and Meri would stroke his ego in order to get what they want.

Also IMO, polygamy is not a healthy dynamic for wives and children and its even worse with a husband who behaves as Kody did/does.

• Like 12
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
(edited)

Kody said he didn't change one single diaper, and he didn't tuck in the kids either. That may have changed with Robyn's kids, but with the OG wive's kids: Nope. And I remember one incident when Paedon had a fight with one of Janelle's boys  - Garrison or Gabe, I'm not quite sure - and Janelle called Kody to come over to reprimand the boys and Kody came, but he said something like he didn't like to reprimand or scold the kids. He wanted their mothers to do that. He wanted to be the go-to-guy for the fun stuff. That was when they all were living in Vegas.

Edited by Elodia
  • Like 16
  • Angry 1

Once they left Lehi and a shared home, Kody became less involved with the kids.  They quit having their weekend group activities and dinners. He gradually cut Christine and then Meri out of the rotation.  Since Robyn arrived shortly before they left Lehi, it’s appropriate to say Robyn’s presence was a factor.  
Christine installed wrestling mats for the boys at her home so that Kody would  come there.  That was a discussion on the show while they lived in Vegas.   
I expect the only time he saw the kids in Vegas was when they were filming. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

As far as the marriages go, IMO Janelle was the last OG standing because Kody kicked Meri to the curb and she was a second wife. She was beat up by Meri, leaned on Christine for childcare and then when Robyn came along she was just like, ugh, here we go again.

When Kody began quiet quitting Christine, she went into Meri mode. She rejected Robyn and when she knew all was lost she manipulated Janelle. She needed Janelle as an ally or she would have been cut out of the family and basically ignored when she left.

Only then did Christine and Janelle start calling Kody a crappy father out loud. And when they said the quiet part out loud they needed to revise history - because they stayed with Krappy-Dad-Kody for 30ish years - when most kids were grown.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
(edited)

14 hours ago, cereality said:

Even if they couldn't figure out a safe way to hold Christmases/Thanksgivings for 4 years, Kody couldn't see his kids 1:1? Ever? Really?  Did he even realize Garrison's hobby was photography and astronomy - couldn't be in the great outdoors with him as he took pics/showed you the stars and you showed some interest in what he was doing? Really? And if your new wife says nooooo - you wouldn't tell her to back off - you'd just agree with her and drop your dozen+ kids??

This just breaks my heart.  As a parent, you should WANT your kids to grow up and develop their own interests and personalities and live lives independent of you.  That means you've done a great job as a parent.  Kody's kids did just that!  That's why that beautifully worded bolded sentence above makes me so sad.  It would not have taken Kody that much time out of his precious schedule to do exactly that - show some interest!  So what if it's not Kody's interest?  It doesn't matter.  You're a dad.  This is your kid.  He thinks it's cool, so you participate.  

At this point, the worst tragic outcome has come to pass.  Kody ignored all of his kids and then they had to watch him take Aurora to get her ears pierced at 20 years old and hold her hand and tell the viewing audience what a wonderful father/daughter bonding moment this was.  Even if the kids have closed their hearts to Kody to self-protect, that had to have hurt, among all the other smack-talking Kody did on TV about his kids, namely Garrison and Gabe.  And it begs the question - Kody did this.  But was Robyn pushing him to do it?  Was she manipulating him to write off 13 of his children?  I know I have called Robyn a sociopath in the past and I still think this is mostly true, but between Kody and Robyn, what they have done to those 13 kids is truly, truly awful.  Did Kody ever want to be a dad?  Or just an unquestioned leader?  I wonder.

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

IMO, Kody wants to be revered. He can't tolerate when others have complicated feelings, so he punishes them with his absence when they have them. This forced Christine into a cycle of sunshine and rainbows and nagging wife. And Kody's behavior forced Janelle to basically shut down. Meri and Robyn turned to manipulation and that is what Robyn means when she says, "she speaks Kody". Both Robyn and Meri would stroke his ego in order to get what they want.

1,000%.  Each wife coped in the only way they knew how in order to keep their kids from suffering the absence of their dad.  I used to roll my eyes at Christine's unicorn glitter persona and Janelle sitting like a bump on a log during interviews, but now it's clear that they were just trying to exist within a family structure where their own precious children were getting the short end every single time.  They wanted from Kody what he decided he was no longer going to give them, but they kept trying, for YEARS.  I am so glad that the OG 3 are out, but man, it took a heartbreaking amount of time and the longer it took, the more damage was done to those kids.

I wish those kids peace, especially Gabe.  With or without Kody, however they need to proceed to get through this.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Wasn't Aurora majoring in Astronomy?  I wonder if she ever viewed the stars with Garrison?

When Maddie was having Evie, didn't Kootie fly back home from NC to be with his family because she was only having Braxton Hicks contractions?  He flew back to NC again a day or two later to see the baby.  What a guy. Did he really spend quality time with SolnAri in between?  It is hard to believe that Robyn, Day'un, Aurora, Breanna and the Nanny couldn't keep them occupied for 4 days instead of 2 at a time. That is how normal families bring up resilient children, slowly building up away-time rather than capping it at 2 days.

Edited by Denize
  • Like 9
  • Applause 2

Maddie posted an IG story, a picture of Janelle holding hands with Axel and Evie, wading into the ocean - I am assuming they are in NC.  Maddie mentioned that they were getting some healing via fresh air and water.  I am glad Janelle has so many people to lean on and I hope she gets lots of grandkid snuggles.

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Denize said:

Wasn't Aurora majoring in Astronomy?  I wonder if she ever viewed the stars with Garrison?

Not sure about Aurora and Garrison but re-watching that dinner at Garrison's house, it was interesting to me that Garrison, Gabe, and Gwen all said they missed Robyn's kid. Who would think after the drama with Robyn which took away their dad - but I guess they did grow up with Robyn's kids. Garrison at one point said he missed Dayton and wanted to reconnect with him - but not with Robyn there. Gwen said she missed Aurora and Gabe said he sees Aurora at college and has gone up to her and given hugs and said he loves her. And in her interview Aurora even said that Gabe will come say hi and I love you at school and he's been nothing but kind to her.

Savannah was the only one who was like - nope I don't talk to Briana, we ignore each other in the halls. But that may have been a function of being in high school too.

So IDK if Aurora and Garrison hung out but I feel like the kids were open to hanging out if the parents weren't there - which is fairly normal anyway at 25 yrs old.

Looks like Janelle is at the beach as Maddie posted a pic. I'm guessing Janelle left with Maddie after the funeral - probably just needing to get out of her house, Flagstaff etc. I hope Gabe is ok though and not left alone feeling like - ok well mom left, nor is Savannah sitting alone in Janelle's house. Though they're a tight family so I wouldn't be shocked if Gabe and Savannah also came to NC or if Gabe went to Logan/Hunter in Vegas or went with Christine and Savannah may likely be with Christine if not with her mom.

• Like 12

I doubt Savanah will forget AuroraBrianna's nose-in-the-air comments about the dog beds & footbath in her summer home.  I sure won't!

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
(edited)

Janelle just posted on IG, thanking everyone for their donations to the cat sanctuary.  She said she was really touched.  She also said all of Garrison’s cats are “settling in” with Garrison’s siblings, which I think is really nice.

Just thought folks would like to know, especially if you donated.  

ETA: I see someone with more tech skills than me posted this same info. in the Garrison thread, which included Janelle’s actual post, fyi. 

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Like 12
11 hours ago, cereality said:

Looks like Janelle is at the beach as Maddie posted a pic. I'm guessing Janelle left with Maddie after the funeral - probably just needing to get out of her house, Flagstaff etc. I hope Gabe is ok though and not left alone feeling like - ok well mom left, nor is Savannah sitting alone in Janelle's house. Though they're a tight family so I wouldn't be shocked if Gabe and Savannah also came to NC or if Gabe went to Logan/Hunter in Vegas or went with Christine and Savannah may likely be with Christine if not with her mom.

Janelle needing to be with those grand babies - I completely get it. And yes I have no doubt that father Logan, Michelle and the rest will take good care with Gabe and Savannah (if they are not in NC).

I've been wondering about the pivot some more. How do you jump back to "public life?"  Mykelti/Tony are "going live" March 13th pm on her Patreon so she will be back at it. But what about the others?

I saw on the group plexus page, Maddie posted about plexus and "vitality" and I thought eeesh poor word choice - but then realized those are probably scheduled posts or being done by their plexus people right now.

But how do they go on with this show - or even with all their MLM posts.... Its going to be such a fine line to walk. And no judgement - I just have no idea.

• Like 11
17 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

But how do they go on with this show - or even with all their MLM posts.... Its going to be such a fine line to walk. And no judgement - I just have no idea.

Focusing on work somewhat might be good for them. With the social media work they can preschedule things as needed, and if emotions get to be too much, it’s not as if they will run out of bereavement days. (Meaning they can focus on family/healing until they are more up to addressing their business)

So many people don’t even get days for bereavement, between planning funeral arrangements, the paperwork, attending to the loved ones personal affairs it’s exhausting. And the people that do that are usually the ones most emotionally distraught. It’s so hard. 

• Like 11
  • Love 3
On 3/11/2024 at 10:58 PM, cereality said:

Sadly, it happens a lot and it's often the father who moves on with an entire new family or his step children. My father completely ignored my graduation but sat front and center at my step brother's...But I agree it is very hard to understand how Kody could do just that, like you said. 

On 3/13/2024 at 6:13 AM, Tuxcat said:

You go on because you have to. Your life has come to a complete stop but the world around you hasn't. They'll drag you along with commitments, expectations etc. It can be a pain, but also comforting as it temporarily distracts you from pain.

I'm wondering about the future of the show too. For the Brown kids, I hope this is it;  and that they certainly won't use Garrison's death for the show, how could they? But these are the Brown parents; they* have shown us again and again how low they can go to keep the show running....

* particularly Kody and Robyn of course

• Like 11
13 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Poor Janelle. I hope her family is giving her love. 

I am sure the kids are rallying around her and doing all they can. Probably Christine too.

• Like 11

I hope Janelle's faith brings her comfort during this time.  And the weather was perfect this weekend in NC.  I'm glad she can get out of Flagstaff for a while as well.  I know she had planned to spend most of the spring and summer in NC before all this happened.  Not sure why.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

I know she had planned to spend most of the spring and summer in NC before all this happened.  Not sure why.

I seem to recall they were going to start a garden, not sure if just for their consumption or to take to Farmer's Markets.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, monagatuna said:

I hope she didn't mention the length of her hotel booking out of some perceived fear that people would judge her for enjoying herself while grieving. People are going to act like she's never allowed to be happy anymore because she's lost a child. I hope she's able to grasp every last bit of joy out of life despite her grief. And I agree, it's nice to see her smiling and having a little fun.

Having lost an adult son a year ago,  I understand her somewhat.  I can’t understand her pain totally, because we didn’t lose our son to suicide. We lost him due to a medical condition. 

I hope this gave her some joy. She deserves all she can get.  Having fun doesn’t mean she doesn’t miss him.  I  can guarantee that she thought of Garrison throughout the day. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 20
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1