Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Janelle wrote:

"Posting this unfiltered photo of me ... was a scary proposition .... But there is power in being authentic"

Can someone get Meri some Neosporin, please?  She just suffered a nasty burn!

Hehehe. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
(edited)
1 minute ago, Teafortwo said:

If she really didn't filter the photo, she appears to have lost quite a bit of weight. I'm sure she'd attribute it to Plex-ick, but it has to be from eating less, or exercise, or both. Or even a weight-loss drug, which I doubt she'd ever mention since it would detract from her claims about the Plexichh.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Like 6
On 2/20/2023 at 7:47 AM, Scarlett45 said:

I’m sorry Janelle doesn’t feel well, but wouldn’t some ginger tea or water do the same thing for 5% of the price??

But no down line for that!🤫

I'm sorry.

Without all the chemicals?

On 2/10/2023 at 3:42 PM, mythoughtis said:

Twice in 3 months, we’ve had to wait for the very last minute to get his refill even though we ordered it 10 days ahead- the earliest it would  be covered by insurance.

Oh goodness, how scary and frustrating.

It's so frightening to think people might not have access to medication they need.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 3/15/2023 at 4:28 PM, xwordfanatik said:

"Gonna choose the kids, gonna choose the dogs."  Good for you, Janelle!  You made the best choice, and I'm sure your children love you all the more, for making them your #1 priority.

What really got to me in that scene was how Kody was asking Janelle to choose him over her and dogs, and for what? The chance that he might (maybe) visit her every once in awhile, and then complain about the size of her place and how he didn't have room for a reading light, or whatever?

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Like 12
  • Applause 4

And the bit where he told Janelle to evict Gabe so he could visit during the pandemic? The scene where Gabe actually said that his father would probably not come even if he stuck to all Kody’s covid-rules was heart-breaking. 

Don’t get me wrong, parents have a right to set rules for kids that still live at home, definitely during the pandemic. But like @the-grey-lady said, it’s the fact that he wanted Janelle to choose him over the dogs (and in my post the kids) That’s so cruel! And he wasn’t even in their lives anyway. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

Don’t get me wrong, parents have a right to set rules for kids that still live at home, definitely during the pandemic.

Absolutely! But Kody didn't live at Janelle's house. He wanted to have authority there without actually being there.

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 7

As of Feb. Janelle had not yet met the twins. Since this is clearly a social media event (visiting with Christine), I assume she will finally meet them too and of course David.

• Like 10

Doesn't sound like practical Janelle.  Unless she has Air Miles she wants to burn off, she may as well drive the 8 hours to SLC, rather than zigzag down to Phoenix, incurring a 2 hour drive.

She then pays for airport parking as well as inconveniencing someone to pick her up at airport and drop her off at departure, then another 2 hour drive Phoenix to home.

Besides, if she takes her own car, she is free to visit with Mykelti and family or other friends in the area at her own will.

• Like 7
On 4/3/2023 at 2:07 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

Authority over her and her money. 

What money? He has already burned her entire inheritance and retirement funds. And what was left of the family money is locked up in the Wasteland and Robyn's twice-remortgaged mansion...Let's hope that she sees some of the money back through a potential sale of Coyote Pass.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
7 hours ago, LilyD said:

What money? He has already burned her entire inheritance and retirement funds. And what was left of the family money is locked up in the Wasteland and Robyn's twice-remortgaged mansion...Let's hope that she sees some of the money back through a potential sale of Coyote Pass.

If they can sell it! They have televised their struggles with making the lots habitable, from Prairie dog plague, poop pond, water issues. They shot themselves in the foot, imo.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Doesn't sound like practical Janelle.  Unless she has Air Miles she wants to burn off, she may as well drive the 8 hours to SLC, rather than zigzag down to Phoenix, incurring a 2 hour drive.

She then pays for airport parking as well as inconveniencing someone to pick her up at airport and drop her off at departure, then another 2 hour drive Phoenix to home.

Besides, if she takes her own car, she is free to visit with Mykelti and family or other friends in the area at her own will.

Yeah it didn’t make sense to me either. 2 hours to Phoenix and then another hour or more to sit waiting for the flight — she could be halfway to SLC by then. Even if TLC was paying for the ticket, it makes more sense just to drive at that point. 

• Like 4
On 4/5/2023 at 1:05 PM, Teafortwo said:

Honestly I would have done the same in Janelle's shoes. 8 hours is a long drive, and then I'd be thinking about the 8 hour drive back.

Yeah I agree. Road trips aren’t my thing- I’d rather drive two hours and catch a flight than have to drive 8hrs. Janelle might also not be going straight home after her visit and doesn’t want to deal with her car. 

• Like 12
29 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

FCEA3B64-5479-4703-9047-E371216B9559.jpeg

9E85A798-0E18-433F-9F3D-86CA66BE0405.jpeg

I wonder if Kody and Robyn were at the party and I wonder if this was filmed (since I see Tony and Mykelti being the next "main characters" (sadly).

• Like 9
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I wonder if Kody and Robyn were at the party and I wonder if this was filmed (since I see Tony and Mykelti being the next "main characters" (sadly).

The boys are so cute and Janelle does look happy. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

The boys are so cute and Janelle does look happy. 

Agree! though I still wonder why it took her four-five months to meet them.  Seems strange for someone who is supposedly their grandmother too.

• Like 9
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

96880424-DCD2-4934-B6A9-900C37E1C27B.jpeg

Yeah- her kids are grown, I doubt they mind the lack of an “Easter basket” but I think they enjoyed the candy!(I have enjoyed some this weekend I freely admit). The food doesn’t look appetizing but they look happy to be together. Garrison is a hoot. Savanah looks so much like Janelle these days! (And Maddie)

• Like 6
On 4/7/2023 at 9:22 PM, Tuxcat said:

Agree! though I still wonder why it took her four-five months to meet them.  Seems strange for someone who is supposedly their grandmother too.

I would imagine that Janelle is busy and she still is there for Savannah.  That being said, the few people I have known who gave birth to twins, the doctors have told them to limit visitors has twins often need to not get sick, more so if they are premature.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I would imagine that Janelle is busy and she still is there for Savannah.  That being said, the few people I have known who gave birth to twins, the doctors have told them to limit visitors has twins often need to not get sick, more so if they are premature.

I mean Robyn slept in their closet for a week when they were born and the twins went to Gwen's engagement party. So I don't think limiting visitors is the answer. I agree that Janelle likely did not have a bunch of free time. It still seems odd to me that it wouldn't be a priority especially as grandma and Christine's supposed "bestie." They were born in November. It's April.

• Like 4

Are we sure it was the first time she met the twins? I didn’t get that idea from her post, just that she was happy to see them and have some baby cuddles. But maybe I missed something here.

As for the RV: I hope she still has it and hope she paid for it in full and not through a loan. If she were to sell it, she may  have enough for a down payment to a modest apartment. Fortunately, Janelle isn’t as demanding as Robyn and Meri when it comes to housing. She’d be perfectly fine with a small place of her own, which could be all she can afford at the moment.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

Are we sure it was the first time she met the twins? I didn’t get that idea from her post, just that she was happy to see them and have some baby cuddles. But maybe I missed something here.

If mid to late Feb Mykelti said that Janelle had not met them yet. Janelle was planning to meet them at Gwen's engagement party but then Maddie needed her for her birth. The twins were born mid-November. So it had been three months at least when Mykelti mentioned it.

Since that time, there has been no pictures or media posts to indicate that Janelle was interacting with that part of the family in Utah. I guess it's possible that it wasn't on social media but given how Mykelti and Janelle post, I can only assume that she didn't meet them in March either.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, Aspenglow said:

Not much in the way of table setting, especially for a holiday! 🤷‍♀️

In all fairness, Janelle has never been a Martha Stewart type when it comes to entertaining!

• Like 12
  • LOL 3
40 minutes ago, gingerella said:

In all fairness, Janelle has never been a Martha Stewart type when it comes to entertaining!

True, and she posted a video that said most of the food was purchased pre-cooked at the grocery store. She made the rolls and a pie and bought everything else.

But you know, I'm impressed that she posts like this and cuts herself slack. Martha made me feel bad about myself for decades!

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 11
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1