Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Um, Laura, your other son came back from the dead. Also your grandson. And you yourself were once presumed dead. So enough with the “Nickolas can’t possibly be alive!” crap, ok? (Can’t believe Genie made it though that scene with a straight face.)

My reaction to that was, Laura what are you talking about? Then I imagined her looking straight into the camera like Jim in the office.

It's a soap Laura! No one ever dies forever, though some people should just stay dead forever. 

I really like what's developing between Laura and Ava. Ava is not as alone as she thinks she is. She has a devoted brother and some people who genuinely seem to care about her well-being.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I really like what's developing between Laura and Ava. Ava is not as alone as she thinks she is. She has a devoted brother and some people who genuinely seem to care about her well-being.

I like it, too.  The female friendships on this show are few and far between, so seeing the genuine fondness that Genie and Maura are portraying is a welcome change.

NuNik in that tux is a snack.  Honestly, if we can't have nice things like compelling storylines, at least we have nice things to look at.

My blood boiled yesterday when SONNY went to get Joss.  That should've been Jax.  And yes, he was there when she got home and game-planned with Carly how they would handle it, like they should, but they Sonny comes swanning in acting like it's his show and getting all pissy with Jax.  I do love that Jax knows exactly what that idiot is doing and doesn't fall for it, but still, just gross.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

Instead  this is all going to be money and the Cassadine forturne in which Nikolas apparently placed a higher value that the grief his mother, his son and siblings had suffered about his supposed death.

I have a feeling Nik was being kept somewhere and JaxHayden somehow found him, and rescued him.  And he couldnt come forward to Laura/Lulu until he had proof that Valentin was behind it and had the codicil to get his fortune back.  I have a sneaky feeling that Spencer has known the truth but Nik swore him to secrecy, which was doable since Spencer doesn't live in the US  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

so seeing the genuine fondness that Genie and Maura are portraying is a welcome change.

I truly believe Laura was the only one in that moment who could convince Ava that she needed help and that Ava would recognize it, accept it and ask for it.  Even Julian, as close as he is to Ava and as much as he's been telling her that she's grieving would not have been able to get through to Ava at that moment.  Plus what a masterclass in acting between those two.  

Also a masterclass, the two Rebeccas and William Lipton.  Hayden's whole, "give him the IV so he doesn't feel it" and LIz' "nope, he needs to feel it" was well played.  

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I have a feeling Nik was being kept somewhere and JaxHayden somehow found him, and rescued him.  And he couldnt come forward to Laura/Lulu until he had proof that Valentin was behind it and had the codicil to get his fortune back.  I have a sneaky feeling that Spencer has known the truth but Nik swore him to secrecy, which was doable since Spencer doesn't live in the US  

Except we know at least that last year Nikolas was fine because he was the one that rescued Cassandra when she kidnapped Anna and Finn and the WSB were going to arrest her. We didn't see Nikolas' face but we saw his hand with the Cassadine ring as he was clearly in charge when he vanished with Cassandra.

On 11/1/2019 at 8:01 AM, Captanne said:

What an AMAZING story!  I was a punk wannabe in college; mohawk, black army boots, torn clothes, the whole thing -- of course I was an upper middle class white kid at Vanderbilt and looked ridiculous but it was important to ME.  LOL  So, "Sid & Nancy" was a great film for me to watch -- that's Gary Oldman you're speaking of and exactly what I envisioned Cameron was going for.

But 1950's Olivia Newton John and John Travolta?  Nope.  Didn't get that at all out of their costumes.  It was the first time I thought Cameron's wardrobe suited his character, though -- and I mean that in a flattering way.  I like the actor and I think he does very well in a sort of crumby role.  ("Myeeeeeeeeee boyyyyzzzzzzzzzz!"  UGH.  Knitting needles in my ears, now please.)

We would've hung out together! LOL! I was lucky to have lived close enough to NYC to be able to drive in 3 or 4 times a week so I was always at either CBGBs or Maxs Kansas City and I got to see so many great bands, the CBGBs movie was pretty much my life. Actually, if you saw that movie, the scene with the Dead Boys playing was based on a certain show I was at, they filmed the show and reproduced it in the movie, same exact clothes etc, it was crazy to see my memories playing out like that! I was seeing the singer for a few years which was pretty much the reason I was staying at the Chelsea same time as Sid and Nancy. One more thing before I get in trouble for being off topic lol, I was invited to the party for Sid when he got out of jail, so glad I didn't go because that's the night he died.

Back to GH, I definitely don't think Joss and Cam were dressed like the characters from Grease, I just read it somewhere online in some spoiler thingy. Joss was more Madonna-like but Cam did look like Gary Oldman, he did have a punk vibe to him, and his leather jacket had a collar that looked like he was wearing something around his neck from certain angles. I'd love to see Cam dressed more like a punk, at least with a leather jacket etc,it would suit his personality IMO, plus he looked so adorable lol

That kid is pretty darn good as an actor, but I wish they wouldn't make kids portray being drunk, it always seems to look like they're acting, if that makes sense. 

On another front, I'm glad they had the Nicholas reveal but I don't like them making Ava look nuts, between Shadybrook and Pentonville they've got half the cast behind locked doors, the wrong half IMO since Sonny and Carly and Jason are still running around free.

I wasn't surprised that Jax knew about Nicholas, I just don't get the connection. And since Nicholas is alive, what does that mean for Valentin since that was the main reason so many people hate him? I know he's supposed to be the Big Bad Cassidine but his sins are pretty lame compared to Sonnys. But then again, I hate Sonny always, in all ways (tm Ryan from Million Dollar Listing NY).

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

My blood boiled yesterday when SONNY went to get Joss.

I sort of handwaved that as Sonny was going to pick up Dev anyway, so no point in having Jax drive over there as well.  At least Carly called Jax to come over and be a united front.  

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Except we know at least that last year Nikolas was fine because he was the one that rescued Cassandra when she kidnapped Anna and Finn and the WSB were going to arrest her. We didn't see Nikolas' face but we saw his hand with the Cassadine ring as he was clearly in charge when he vanished with Cassandra.

But all we saw was him sitting. They could easily retcon that he wasn't fit yet.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I still remain confused as to why Sasha insists on being a martyr and wearing that hair shirt she’s so fond of flaunting.

It's so dumb. She doesn't want to cause Nina more pain by telling her Valentin is involved, but there's no way Nina won't blame her anyway: "You lied to me again!" What an idiot Sasha is.

14 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Plus Liz's "baby's first hangover".

I loved that! I also loved that Elizabeth wasn't going to give Cam anything more than the bare minimum of fluids and aspirin, because she wants him to suffer through a hangover. Hee.

7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

assumed it would end up being TC since he’s apparently available.

I think Tyler Christopher is still dealing with personal issues.

4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:
16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Why didn't Ava describe Nik's costume to Laura? They both saw it. So stupid.

That still wouldn't mean that the guy was Nikolas, just that it was a guy they both saw.  

The guy took off his mask and revealed himself as Nik to Ava. That for me gives better proof that she wasn't just drunk. But it's all a dumb (and insulting) plot point.

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

I have a sneaky feeling that Spencer has known the truth but Nik swore him to secrecy, which was doable since Spencer doesn't live in the US  

I have a hard time believing Spencer would keep his mouth shut about something like Nik being alive. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

I truly believe Laura was the only one in that moment who could convince Ava that she needed help and that Ava would recognize it, accept it and ask for it.  Even Julian, as close as he is to Ava and as much as he's been telling her that she's grieving would not have been able to get through to Ava at that moment.  Plus what a masterclass in acting between those two.  

Also a masterclass, the two Rebeccas and William Lipton.  Hayden's whole, "give him the IV so he doesn't feel it" and LIz' "nope, he needs to feel it" was well played.  

I enjoyed both of these scenes with these four ladies so much. Both drama and comedy, heartfelt and warm, poignant and light. You can really feel the relationships developing and what is already there. Please, more of this and these four in particular.

And this tells me, the men are lagging behind, and the other women need to step it up. (Not Alexis/NLG, she just gets lame ass material.)

• Love 6

WTF with Lucas taking Brad over to Sonny's house so Brad could genuflect and confess his sin against the Family and Carly could shame him and Sonny could threaten him and then flash his smug godfather grin. That was so gross. 

Props to the show FOR ONCE pulling off a good moment with Laura/Ava and Ava going to get help. It actually appears they thought about it months in advance (if you can imagine that!) and had Ava drinking even more and acting a little paranoid, and had the two woman share some meaningful conversations, etc. Loved it. Now I hope when Nik is revealed Ava is not just "SEE I TOLD YOU" and still appreciates Laura's concern. 

• Love 8

I thought the Ava stuff was dumb.  All Ava had to do is say, "I saw the guy at the Metro Court, he was wearing blah, blah, blah.  Did you see him?"  Because they made a big deal about Laura running into Nik.  It wasn't as if there were hundreds of people there.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

WTF with Lucas taking Brad over to Sonny's house so Brad could genuflect and confess his sin against the Family

In Lucas' defence, he didn't bring Brad there for that sole purpose.  They took Avery with them and Wylie trick or treating. (because dog forbid either Carly or Sonny go trick or treating with the child).  When they brought Avery back, and they were chit chatting, that's when Brad apologized.  

1 hour ago, ciarra said:

All Ava had to do is say, "I saw the guy at the Metro Court, he was wearing blah, blah, blah.  Did you see him?"

Yes, but that still didn't mean it was Nik.  It just meant that they both saw some guy in that costume.  Especially since he didn't show up on Ava's security footage.  That just made it even clearer that Ava was losing her mind, conjuring up Nikolas.  

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I have a hard time believing Spencer would keep his mouth shut about something like Nik being alive. 

Yes, I fluctuate between thinking no way would Spencer do that to his grandmother and then thinking if keeping his mouth shut for however long meant getting rid of Valentin once and for all, he would do it.  

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

(because dog forbid either Carly or Sonny go trick or treating with the child). 

Carly's still dealing with her broken foot, I'm pretty sure. She's much more likely to trick-or-treat than Sonny, who loves to claim he's a father without actually doing anything to prove it.

38 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Yes, I fluctuate between thinking no way would Spencer do that to his grandmother and then thinking if keeping his mouth shut for however long meant getting rid of Valentin once and for all, he would do it

I fluctuated a bit at first, but Spencer hates Valentin so much I don't think he'd be able to not say something. Maybe not come outright and say Nik was alive, but certainly make thinly veiled comments.

What's unconscionable is keeping the information from Laura. It's too bad Laura is useless when it comes to keeping Spencer in line. I still want the FBI to prosecute that little turd for election fraud.

Edited by dubbel zout
spelling
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Carly's still dealing with her broken foot, I'm pretty sure. She's much more likely to trick-or-treat than Sonny, who loves to claim he's a father without actually doing anything to prove it.

But, whoever takes her trick or treating, wouldn't she need her guard?  So, her guard could just take her.  And isn't Wiley like 1?  Why does a 1 year old need to go trick or treating?  I doubt he even knew what was going on. I remember one time a dad (I assume) came trick or treating with a baby, and I asked my mom why (after he had gone, of course, I wasn't raised by wolves), and she said she didn't know. Literally the only time I've seen a baby trick-or-treating.

• Love 1

I see LOTS of babies trick or treating. My boss took her 1-year-old and said she was surprised he walked and went to 7 houses. I mean he won’t remember it and I’m sure he didn’t understand it but he probably had fun in his costume and with everyone making a fuss. Kind of like a puppy lol!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

If people are going to take a one year old trick or treating, I hope they at least take the candy away afterwards.

In Carly's defense ( I hate that I typed that), she has a 3 week old baby  At that point I was doing well if I could get showered and dressed much less take a young child trick or treating.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

It's too bad Laura is useless when it comes to keeping Spencer in line. I still want the FBI to prosecute that little turd for election fraud.

That's a story I'd love to see.

But is Nik really much better at keeping Spencer in line? I seem to remember the kid doing pretty much whatever he wanted to do, like running away to a luxurious hotel room.

• Love 3

Oh, gosh. I have seen babies trick or treating with parents since I went trick or treating as a kid, and I'm 47 now. Parents like dressing their kids up, and while the babies won't remember, it can still be a fun experience, providing the houses they visit don't try to actively scare the kids!

I have not watched in forever. Carly actually had the latest spawn? It wasn't a tock? Damn!

• Love 2

Nik's return notwithstanding, is anyone else as bored with this show as I am? When Valentin interrupted Nina's bug-eyed rant #867 about Sasha's betrayal, have to admit, he was totally right. Everyone's tired of hearing about it at this point, including I guess, most viewers.

What this soap needs right now is a good action/adventure storyline, something we really haven't had since GH:Espionage. The current show-runners couldn't understand it, but those were the S/Ls that helped save GH and the entire genre back in the 70s. Mikos freezing the world. The Ice Princess. The left-handed boy. The Aztec Princess S/L. Check out YT, most of them have withstood the test of time.

In the GH that plays in my head, Robert is still with the WSB, along with a restored Lucky and now sane Dante. That trio joins with Anna (and maybe a re-cast Frisco) to take on a new group of international baddies. Maybe old man Luke drops by to deal with Valentin and few other Cassadine stragglers. I'd actually pay to see some of that.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Especially since he didn't show up on Ava's security footage.  That just made it even clearer that Ava was losing her mind, conjuring up Nikolas.  

Metro Court has security footage, too.  Ava would at least have proof that there was someone there, even if she couldn't prove it was Nik.

• Useful 1
On 11/1/2019 at 8:59 PM, WendyCR72 said:

You assume these writers are even aware of/remember that history.

I know they're aware of it, because just after Jax came to town he deflected a conversation about Nicholas by saying, "Not my favorite topic." Might have been with Nina.

As for whether Spencer knows, it would be very much a retread of when he was last "dead," maybe two years ago? Three? Laura and Kevin discovered that Spencer had been in communication with Nicholas all along, which was why he seemed so detached about the "death." Laura was pretty pissed at Nicholas when she found at he was alive, but their reunion was cut short anyway, because Valentine "killed" him right after.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

That kid is pretty darn good as an actor, but I wish they wouldn't make kids portray being drunk, it always seems to look like they're acting, if that makes sense. 

In fairness, most adult actors can’t act drunk convincingly, either.  I thought he did a decent job.

10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I have a hard time believing Spencer would keep his mouth shut about ANYTHING. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Nik's return notwithstanding, is anyone else as bored with this show as I am? When Valentin interrupted Nina's bug-eyed rant #867 about Sasha's betrayal, have to admit, he was totally right. Everyone's tired of hearing about it at this point, including I guess, most viewers.

What this soap needs right now is a good action/adventure storyline, something we really haven't had since GH:Espionage. The current show-runners couldn't understand it, but those were the S/Ls that helped save GH and the entire genre back in the 70s. Mikos freezing the world. The Ice Princess. The left-handed boy. The Aztec Princess S/L. Check out YT, most of them have withstood the test of time.

In the GH that plays in my head, Robert is still with the WSB, along with a restored Lucky and now sane Dante. That trio joins with Anna (and maybe a re-cast Frisco) to take on a new group of international baddies. Maybe old man Luke drops by to deal with Valentin and few other Cassadine stragglers. I'd actually pay to see some of that.

The problem with a good action/adventure storyline is that it would include SBu. 

Edited by sunnyface

I wouldn't say Lipton did a good job of acting drunk (as others have said, it's a challenge) but kudos to the makeup team for really making him look sick. He was pretty gray/green there when he was talking about getting sick in the car. 

(Also, I'm imagining a morning of raking leaves while painfully hung over, which is something my dad inflicted on me once when I got busted for drinking in high school. Lesson learned)

And the Liz as stern but not freaking out mom, and Hayden as amused bystander were really note perfect. 

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

I wouldn't say Lipton did a good job of acting drunk (as others have said, it's a challenge)

I head an actor once say that acting drunk is pretty much the hardest thing to do, because most people try to act like they're not drunk when they're drunk.  So, you're trying to act like you're trying not act drunk.  I can see how that would make it hard to try to act a dichotomy like that.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Katy M said:

Why does a 1 year old need to go trick or treating? 

My son was 11 months old at his first Haloween.  He had a dog costume where the tail wagged when he walked.  It was cute and hilarious.  My daughter was a year and a half, only because it was raining the year before, when she was 7 months, so she stayed home.  It's what parents do!

13 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

Taking a baby trick or treating sounds to me like it's more about the parents than it would be about the child, but who knows.

So is the first birthday party, the first Christmas, the christening/baptism, it's all for the parents since the child has no clue.  That's the fun of parenting.  Put up with the diaper changes and spit up in exchange for bags of free candy.  

9 hours ago, ciarra said:

Metro Court has security footage, too.  Ava would at least have proof that there was someone there, even if she couldn't prove it was Nik.

That would only prove that he was at the Metrocourt party.  Not that he followed her to the gallery and revealed himself to her (that sounded dirty but it isnt'!!)  I think what the original poster was saying was that Laura should have believed that Ava saw Nik because Laura also saw the masked man at the party.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

(because dog forbid either Carly or Sonny go trick or treating with the child).

Well carly does have a newborn baby at home plus she had a csection which is rough. It took me like two months after my csection to start to feel slightly human again. Sonny I think would actually enjoy something like that since he does so well with kids (not the actual raising them part but just having fun with them). 

20 hours ago, Katy M said:

Why does a 1 year old need to go trick or treating? 

We took our daughter last week. She’s 18 months. Not about the candy as she doesn’t eat any but we just took her to our neighbors that we know and they loved seeing her dressed up. We went to five houses. I never did things like that growing up. It was fun. 

• Love 4
On 11/2/2019 at 5:18 AM, 30 Helens said:

Um, Laura, your other son came back from the dead. Also your grandson. And you yourself were once presumed dead. So enough with the “Nickolas can’t possibly be alive!” crap, ok? (Can’t believe Genie made it though that scene with a straight face.)

Very different circumstances. Also, Ava is claiming to see Nikolas after she has been desperate for ghost!Kiki's forgiveness and saying she did see Kiki's spirit. Ava has mentioned Nikolas too a few times; at least one of those times Laura was around. In that context, I think it's understandable that Laura would believe Ava is such a mess from several traumas and associated grief that she's at the point of hallucinating Nikolas. Now if Elizabeth or Alexis came running to Laura and said, "OMG, I saw Nikolas in the hospital/park/on the docks" she would think it's possible he's alive.

On 11/2/2019 at 8:32 AM, nilyank said:

I think that Laura cannot believe that Nikolas would be such an asshole that he would let her, Spencer and his siblings think that he has been dead all these years without reaching out to them. Or that when he facing his mother albeit in costume, he would do not say one word to her.

Unlike Lucky, who was kidnapped, imprisoned and warned that his loved one would be killed if he ever tried to reach out to them.

Instead  this is all going to be money and the Cassadine forturne in which Nikolas apparently placed a higher value that the grief his mother, his son and siblings had suffered about his supposed death.

THIS too. Laura and Nikolas lost out on many years of being mother and son, and Nikolas (when Tyler Christopher was in the role) spoke of his love for his mother and gratitude for their relationship. The idea that he would value the Cassadine fortune above everything is absurd. 

• Love 4

The thing with Valetin "killing" Nikolas is that it overshadowed the fact that Nikolas had faked his murder to make Drew's Jason and even Hayden seem like the most likely suspects. He was also trying to scheme his way into owning ELQ which Drew's Jason put a stop to it.

I don't know Nikolas for the past few years has been unrecognizable as someone who became obsessed with the Cassadine fortune and power when in the past it used to be his legacy that he was knew that he was responsible for but not defined by it.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Katy M said:

And isn't Wiley like 1?  Why does a 1 year old need to go trick or treating?  I doubt he even knew what was going on. 

22 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I see LOTS of babies trick or treating. 

21 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

Taking a baby trick or treating sounds to me like it's more about the parents than it would be about the child, but who knows.

My cousin has a couple of Halloween costumes for her 7-month-old daughter. This is her first child, but she has siblings with children and they live fairly close to each other. People said to her on social media 'oh she's soooo adorable, but are you really taking her trick-or-treating?" She responded that the baby will go (in stroller) trick-or-treating with her big cousins and we - Mom and Dad- will eat her candy.  One of the sisters had a Halloween-themed birthday party for her daughter/a cousin of the 7-month-old last weekend because the daughter's actual birthday is less than two weeks before Halloween. All of the child guests showed up in costume as encouraged/requested, including the 7-month-old baby. I think it's sweet that the siblings want their children to develop good cousin relationships from an early age.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Very different circumstances. Also, Ava is claiming to see Nikolas after she has been desperate for ghost!Kiki's forgiveness and saying she did see Kiki's spirit. Ava has mentioned Nikolas too a few times; at least one of those times Laura was around. In that context, I think it's understandable that Laura would believe Ava is such a mess from several traumas and associated grief that she's at the point of hallucinating Nikolas. Now if Elizabeth or Alexis came running to Laura and said, "OMG, I saw Nikolas in the hospital/park/on the docks" she would think it's possible he's alive.

THIS too. Laura and Nikolas lost out on many years of being mother and son, and Nikolas (when Tyler Christopher was in the role) spoke of his love for his mother and gratitude for their relationship. The idea that he would value the Cassadine fortune above everything is absurd. 

Just a question, what was the fallout of Laura's interaction with Chelsea? Did she just dismiss her entirely after she specifically told Laura "your son's in danger". And when she called Lucky and he told her he was fine, Chelsea said no, not that one - your other one.

32 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Just a question, what was the fallout of Laura's interaction with Chelsea? Did she just dismiss her entirely after she specifically told Laura "your son's in danger". And when she called Lucky and he told her he was fine, Chelsea said no, not that one - your other one.

Kevin asked her how it went. Laura replied she's skeptical of Chelsea's authenticity/abilities because "she didn't seem to know that Nikolas is dead." The GH writers intended for Chelsea's line to be vague and for Laura to be dismissive in turn, obviously. Had she said to Laura something like, "The son you've been missing and mourning is in danger" maybe Laura would have thought, "Wait, what?!" 

It's the same kind of lazy writing that offers no explanation or intrigue as to why Lucky does not have an off-screen relationship with the sons he once claimed to love. Five minutes after returning Jake to Elizabeth's home after being away from his sons for years, he decided he couldn't stick around in Port Charles to be in the lives of the three boys because of "the darkness" inside. From that line and one comment from Laura soon after that, it seemed that he intended to wander around the world and deal with depression somehow. But now he's "in Africa," and we don't know what he's up to, except that his mother wants him to "have fun." She doesn't tell him about Cam's trauma or even say hey maybe you should reach out to Elizabeth about what the boys have been going through [because the Show wants to keep propping Franco as the only father all 3 could ever need, even when a science experiment has compromised his brain.] These days I'm surprised when Laura or Lulu even mention him in the context of their life's history. 

• Love 5

I feel like it'd be easy enough to write Lucky similar to Jax and solve the problem of him being MIA. Joss was always off to Australia to visit her Dad and, if not that, she'd be Skyping him from time to time. It isn't even like Jake and Aiden are on all that much. Move Lucky somewhere that they can visit periodically. If they're worried about WL's airtime, they can always make up a reason that Cam doesn't visit as often with his brothers. Then, just have Lucky referred to as being on the phone with the kids, Laura, and Lulu every now and then too.

It isn't even like the Franco propping completely explains it, as Joss's stepdad is freakin' Sonny and they still had the decency to write offscreen Jax better than how they write Lucky.

• Love 5

Lucky being written as a deadbeat dad has absolutely nothing to do w/Franco. I never understand when ppl say Lucky's deadbeat status is to prop Franco. How? Lucky has been a deadbeat for years. Lucky was a deadbeat dad long before Franco and Liz started dating. I'd understand the "propping" argument IF Lucky was an outstanding, devoted father before Friz and then he wasn't, but he's been a crappy dad from the moment JJ left the show.  It has nothing to do w/Franco or propping him. 

Now, I'm not sure why the writers have specifically written Lucky to be a deadbeat dad, but that's what they have been doing for several years now. They didn't pull a "Jax" w/Lucky. They have made it clear that Lucky doesn't write, visit, or call his kids. He completely abandoned them. I have no idea why. I hate it too b/c GV's Lucky was the best father to Liz's boys! He was always w/those boys, and he cared about them. Lucky was ruined during JJ's last stint on the show. As a GV/Lucky fan, it was hard to accept at first, but the damage has been done. 

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Lucky being written as a deadbeat dad has absolutely nothing to do w/Franco. I never understand when ppl say Lucky's deadbeat status is to prop Franco. How? Lucky has been a deadbeat for years. Lucky was a deadbeat dad long before Franco and Liz started dating. I'd understand the "propping" argument IF Lucky was an outstanding, devoted father before Friz and then he wasn't, but he's been a crappy dad from the moment JJ left the show.  It has nothing to do w/Franco or propping him. 

Now, I'm not sure why the writers have specifically written Lucky to be a deadbeat dad, but that's what they have been doing for several years now. They didn't pull a "Jax" w/Lucky. They have made it clear that Lucky doesn't write, visit, or call his kids. He completely abandoned them. I have no idea why. I hate it too b/c GV's Lucky was the best father to Liz's boys! He was always w/those boys, and he cared about them. Lucky was ruined during JJ's last stint on the show. As a GV/Lucky fan, it was hard to accept at first, but the damage has been done. 

Lucky wasn't trashed because of Franco (but his continued absence is probably to build up the serial killer). It is because Guza is a petty little bitch that was pissed that JJ decided to leave GH. Lucky deciding to move away would have been a great way to explain away the absences of Liz's boys (as it was done with Joss), but, oh no, can't have that. Guza has as much contempt for the audience as RC does. 

I will say, I like Greg Vaughn and while I didn't find him as talented as JJ, I believe in a roundabout way the show's complete disregard for him as an actor allowed them to take risks with Lucky that they wouldn't have done with JJ in the role. Thanks to GV, JJ had a much more interesting Lucky to play.  It didn't last, but the first few months were great. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I will say, I like Greg Vaughn and while I didn't find him as talented as JJ, I believe in a roundabout way the show's complete disregard for him as an actor allowed them to take risks with Lucky that they wouldn't have done with JJ in the role. Thanks to GV, JJ had a much more interesting Lucky to play.  It didn't last, but the first few months were great. 

I agree. If JJ hadn’t left the first time around, we wouldn’t have gotten cheater, drug addict Lucky. They only allowed him to be written as the bad guy because they weren’t as invested in GV’s Lucky. He probably wouldn’t have even become a cop because I don’t think they would have JJ’s Lucky go against Luke. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

Now, I'm not sure why the writers have specifically written Lucky to be a deadbeat dad, but that's what they have been doing for several years now. They didn't pull a "Jax" w/Lucky. They have made it clear that Lucky doesn't write, visit, or call his kids. He completely abandoned them.

Yes he was being written this way for years before Franco. He’s not being made into some villain because of Franco. I don’t know why they disrespected the character of Lucky in this way but I guess it was behind the scenes drama. Kind of like all the Billy Miller bts stuff and Drew being forgotten like he was a nobody. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Lucky being written as a deadbeat dad has absolutely nothing to do w/Franco. I never understand when ppl say Lucky's deadbeat status is to prop Franco. How? Lucky has been a deadbeat for years. Lucky was a deadbeat dad long before Franco and Liz started dating.

Tony Geary's retirement storyline involved Luke and Laura going off to rescue Lucky. At that time, Elizabeth mentioned that Cam and Aiden Skype with Lucky once a week but she was concerned that Lucky had missed a few calls. This was when Elizabeth was dating "Jake"/Jason now known as Drew. 

I say it's to prop Franco because for example, Laura encouraged Cam to accept Franco as a stepfather, and mentioned that is was tough for him not having a father figure present through his life. She never even mentioned her own son's name!! She acts like Lucky is long deceased and was never a father to her grandsons, that they're blessed to have a great family life with Elizabeth as mother and Franco as father, etc.  She even teared up when the three boys dedicated a song to their mom and used the word "dad" about Franco during the wedding party at the Haunted Star. If anything, she should be tearing up that Lucky and Elizabeth weren't able to work it out. I could imagine her shedding tears of joy at seeing Lucky playing guitar with the boys also playing instruments as backup, in a dedication to Elizabeth at L&L2's third wedding. But her crying because Cam has finally accepted Franco as a father figure?! NEVER. 

It's like the writers are afraid if Elizabeth or Laura actually say Lucky's name in the context of fatherhood, past or present, it will somehow mean Franco doesn't have total ownership over the father role in Cam and Aiden's lives (notice that the focus is on them in this 'Franco has Drew's memories' storyline so far. We have seen them react but not Jake, who had the strongest relationship with Franco to begin with!)

Can you imagine Lady Jane living in Port Charles and helping take care of Josslyn, never acknowledging or showing concern that Jax turned out to be a long-term MIA father, and encouraging Josslyn to accept Sonny as a permanent father figure?!  

I think there must be some BTS vindictive attitude in the writing in addition to laziness. Whereas Ingo has been on and off at GH for many years now (never shutting the door to a Jax return as far as I know), JJ had decided to leave permanently because he was exhausted (tired of poor storyline/all the crying) and wanted to continue pursuing his passion for music. I really think the only reason Robin got written off the show on a positive note eventually (after her "Robin is so damaged/devoted to medicine and Jason that she abandoned her family" second exit) was because though Kimberly also had the audacity to move on with her career she was willing to return for JT's exit storyline. 

Actually, now that I think about it, Anna disregarded Robin and accepted first Sabrina then Sam in granddaughter Emma's life/the Drake household much as Laura is doing now with Franco re: the three grandsons. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Actually, now that I think about it, Anna disregarded Robin and accepted first Sabrina then Sam in granddaughter Emma's life/the Drake household much as Laura is doing now with Franco re: the three grandsons. 

I don't think you have to disregard your "dead" (in the case of Sabrina) and absent (in the case of Sam) daughter in order to support your granddaughter's relationship with a potential stepmother.  Life goes on.  

Now, with Laura, yeah, it's a bit weird, because Lucky's not dead and was always involved in at least Cam and Jake's lives.  Although Aiden is his only bio son out of the bunch, not really sure how much time he's spent with him. And, Franco is just creepy and it's weird that any grandmother would think he's great for her grandchildren.

• Love 2

I keep hearing FH is coming back. Still no sign of her. New Nick looked really young next to Ava. I thought he was the actor who was on Buffy. He has the same dark hair & lips. I guess TC must be in a really bad place if GH wouldn’t take him back. Why does Cassandra look like hell. Most soap in prison wear makeup. Maybe, she’s going method on us. Also, why is Sam all of the sudden afraid of her own shadow? She used to kick people’s asses back in the day. The writing on this show is sooooo off. Does Julian know that Sam is in jail? I know Alexis just found out. I’m not even sure Molly knows or cares. She looked very pretty dressed up,as a judge. It’s so Molly. At least, they’re consistent with her character. Thank goodness GH has a in with Disney because they would have been lost without all those great costumes. Sasha wore hers best. 

They refuse to recast Lucky and seem to be waiting out that one day JJ will return.  It's dumb since Lucky could be useful, but on the other hand with Lucky around then they would need to address Franco as "the greatest dad to ever live in Port Charles" nonsense they've been spewing for years.

I also feel some of this goes back to Tony Geary/Luke and the writers writing Lucky very much like Luke in this whole "I need to find myself" nonsense.  He's been finding himself for years now.

I don't know if it's vindictive per say since I don't think JJ left on bad terms, more like laziness and Frank choosing his preferred characters over established ones that came before his tenure of hell.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4

Yeah. While they don't say that Lucky keeps in contact with the kids no one has said "Lucky's a deadbeat either." No one acts like he's a terrible dad like they did with Frisco. I feel like they want the kids to not have a father figure but don't want to bash Lucky either. 

I regret Nik being alive only because it actually vindicates Valintine's constant refrain that they can't prove Nik is dead.  I hate that.

Also, yes, Lucky has been generally non-existant for his children since he left when Aiden was a baby.  There was that one mention of him Skyping back in the day, but beyond that nada.  I doubt seriously Aiden has ever met Lucky in person in his memory.  But... Lucky has actually been mentioned several times since Franco and Liz have been together/got married.  He Skypes and calls the kids, he talked to Laura about Cameron when the brain fry happened (and she told him "no worries, everything's fine, the kids don't need you to come see them" which is fucking stupid), so absentee for sure, but not because of Franco.

• Love 2

Previous relationships are always trashed for the current one. I'll never understand that. Respect the previous one (if it was worth respecting) and move on. It's what people do. No one expected Laura to be some blushing virgin when she married Kevin, but for her to say she never felt like she did? Luke is the love of her life. Full stop. Always will be. Same that Laura is the love of his. That doesn't mean they can't have fulfilling relationships with other people.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, ouinason said:

I regret Nik being alive only because it actually vindicates Valintine's constant refrain that they can't prove Nik is dead.  I hate that.

Also, yes, Lucky has been generally non-existant for his children since he left when Aiden was a baby.  There was that one mention of him Skyping back in the day, but beyond that nada.  I doubt seriously Aiden has ever met Lucky in person in his memory.  But... Lucky has actually been mentioned several times since Franco and Liz have been together/got married.  He Skypes and calls the kids, he talked to Laura about Cameron when the brain fry happened (and she told him "no worries, everything's fine, the kids don't need you to come see them" which is fucking stupid), so absentee for sure, but not because of Franco.

When did they say he skyped/called them?

• Love 1

I'm not sure?  before the reception I think maybe?  I swear it came up.  I know the Laura call about Cameron happened for sure because we talked about how BS it was when it aired, but the other ones were passing mentions I think.  I could be wrong.

• Love 1