Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

The character Howarth is currently playing comes off to me as basically Franco with Drew's memories and a weird accent.

THIS! 

Other than the strange accent, I see no difference between FrankenDrew and any other character that RoHo has played on this show. The voice inflections haven't changed; the body movements are the same. (There was a great opportunity for him to suddenly start carrying himself like a career soldier once he was in uniform, but it was missed.)

I know that Tatiana Maslany's characterizations of multiple characters in Orphan Black is setting a pretty high bar, but, dang, the dude coulda watched it and picked up an idea or two. All he had to do was be different. I guess he didn't get much from his acting lessons.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, rur said:

I know that Tatiana Maslany's characterizations of multiple characters in Orphan Black is setting a pretty high bar, but, dang, the dude coulda watched it and picked up an idea or two. All he had to do was be different. I guess he didn't get much from his acting lessons.

Acting lessons can only do so much when you're not that good an actor to begin with.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I hate this version of Nina. Ever times she speaks it's like nails on a chalkboard. I'll be glad when she finally finds out about Valentin - she deserves it. And I pray that Jax isn't her consolation prize.

Edited by Baxter
edit
  • Love 8

I find it strange when people tell their kids that they need to date other people before settling down. TJ and Molly have been together for at least 6 years since their last breakup, which is probably the longest of all of the show’s current pairings. They’re young but at least they’ve both finished college already and have one of the healthiest relationships on the show. Not sure what Jordan’s issue is.

• Love 17

The Halloween party came out of nowhere: no excited discussions about costumes or anything. Way to build some excitement, Show, especially for something that's "for a good cause." (What is that cause?)

"No jury, so no Dawn of Day members can be selected." Watch the judge be a secret member, heh.

How is Alexis "picking on" Jason re: Sam's case? We saw one scene, and Jason came to Alexis. Ugh.

Oh, nos! Joss didn't know she lost Oscar's watch for three days! She's a terrible person! I am so tired of having to see every crisis Joss goes through regarding something connected to Oscar.

Cam, you don't owe Jason squat.

LOL at Jason, of all people, talking to Cam about walking around angry all the time or helping the people he loves pick up the pieces. You'd think he'd have added that the first option isn't of much help, having been Anger Boy for so many years.

Pro tip, TJ: Talk to Molly about marriage before you pop the question, huh? Make sure you're both on the same page not only about that but the stuff that goes with it: kids, careers, money, etc.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

GH costume award winners: 1st place, Molly as Ruth Bader Ginsburg (so in character for her, and she looked adorable); 2nd place, Jax as Mr. Incredible (hell yeah, he is, and now give me Liesl as Edna Mode); 3rd place, Ava as Cruella de Vil (since half the town already acts like Ava personally kicked their puppies, she may as well embrace that rep).

The Metro Court bash seemed like a snooze; neither Nina hissing at Sasha or Valentin and Laura ruminating over art was particularly interesting. I did approve of Ava calling out Michael's scandalous reaction to her gun, though, because REALLY. And I am so not here for Jordan taking a page out of Stella's old handbook and forcing upon TJ her own expectations for his relationship. Being young and committed to one person doesn't have to mean missing out on opportunities, especially since those opportunities aren't desired by everyone to begin with.

Oh, shit, Cam. I don't think underage drinking is as shocking as the show probably wants me to think, but Cam is definitely hitting the booze to escape his problems, and that's definitely bad. He's still on probation, too, which could be jeopardized if he gets caught. Dammit, Liz, get your son a therapist (Neil, not Kevin, please).

• Love 6

Cam, drinking is a bad idea.  You know what happens when you get stupid and drunk?  You, your brother, Michael...

ETA:  I just realized that Cam is the product of divorce, in the messiest way possible.  He is the result of the drunken choices you make when you either find your wife fucking a prince or you find out your husband is a psycho, but still have all the feelings.  And, I'm fairly certain that he was conceived in the same bed as Michael was... so eww.

Edited by ouinason
  • Useful 1
33 minutes ago, ouinason said:

And, I'm fairly certain that he was conceived in the same bed as Michael was... so eww.

I started to reply that Cam was, like Avery, conceived in a cemetery; but I double-checked and you're right, it was at Jake's. I could swear Zander and Liz got busy in a mausoleum at some point, though.

Seriously, did I hallucinate that?

• Love 1

no, that was earlier, and I believe it was only making out.  They got rescued by Jason.  They did get down on the couch in Liz's studio and Jason saw that.  This was years before that Halloween where Cam was conceived though.

• Love 1

I'm glad Jordan spoke out against the notion of TJ and Molly getting married.  I think it would have been deeply irresponsible for the show not to include that.  Jordan was right to bring up the fact that they started dating when they were kids, and haven't been in any other relationships since.  Not to mention that neither one of them have really started any kind of career, and Molly's still trying to figure hers out.  The list goes on and on, so at least these writers were willing to acknowledge it.

It will be interesting to see how Molly responds to this, since she's apparently the last to know.  Will she be on TJ's side, or Jordan's? (Or maybe even somehow have a perspective that differs from both??)

• Love 1

I can't imagine that marriage hasn't come up in conversation in the last 6 years.  The last couple years certainly, even in just the abstract.  That boggles my mind.  And I don't see the problem with Molly and TJ getting married.  They have been together for eons, living together for years.  It's not like they are fresh out of high school and just getting out on their own.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Cam, you don't owe Jason squat.

LOL at Jason, of all people, talking to Cam about walking around angry all the time or helping the people he loves pick up the pieces. You'd think he'd have added that the first option isn't of much help, having been Anger Boy for so many years.

Seriously. It looks like the Show has decided Jason should have Drew's place as male role model to Cam now, in addition to being Scout's replacement father. Nice of you to speak of Jason parenting Danny and Scout in the future while forgetting that Jake, not Scout, is Jason's child, Carly! Also, Jason had just been at Elizabeth's house to check in about the FrancoDrew situation, and Elizabeth and Cam made it very clear to him that Jake's going to be heartbroken due to his closeness with Franco. Yet when Carly asked how he's doing it appeared he's already totally forgotten about his elder son's suffering because he was summarizing Sam's latest mess and that Alexis is upset. 

The only parts of today's show I liked was Finn's attitude/questioning making Hayden squirmy, Ava calling Michael out on his hypocrisy about her gun versus Sonny or Jason carrying, and Laura and Molly's costumes. I thought Elizabeth would have an incredulous "how could you not tell me when I just asked you about having a child?!" reaction to the Violet news, but I'll assume she's emotionally exhausted by her own family mess. Hayden's one honest moment about herself is that she's just so used to lying. 

• Love 4

Why did the show waste time on Jason and Carly today?   These are two horrible characters and not the two actors that I want to see when I tune in.  Wow - a halloween party and it seems like Jason and Carly had more dialogue than the actors who are actually directly involved in active plots.

Violet is not only cute but seems to have a real pleasant personality.  Props to her parent(s).

• Love 9

It's nice that Jason has enough time to sit around and talk to Carly instead of taking care of his son/s. Like oh no Danny, your mom is in prison so I have to focus on that, and can't take care of you by myself. You'll have to keep staying at your real parents house. (Monica, Ned, Olivia). I mean really couldn't he do his detective work during the day while Danny is at school and then actually be a dad to him after? Geez 

• Love 13
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

How is Alexis "picking on" Jason re: Sam's case? We saw one scene, and Jason came to Alexis. Ugh.

I'm not surprised Carly went there, but Jason agreed with her when he knows no such thing is going on.  He went to Alexis and they BOTH agreed they were against a bench trial.  Fucking assholes.

Michael telling Ava that Sonny and Jason were a special circumstance to be allowed to carry guns in "my Mom's hotel" was eye-rolling.  If that's your entire defense, Michael, good thing you never went to law school.

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Michael telling Ava that Sonny and Jason were a special circumstance to be allowed to carry guns in "my Mom's hotel" was eye-rolling.  If that's your entire defense, Michael, good thing you never went to law school.

I don’t know why they have Michael respond when he gets called out for criticizing people for doing the exact same thing that Sonny and/or Jason do. A similar conversation came up with Julian earlier this year. It makes him come off like a complete idiot with zero self-awareness. I can’t believe there was a time that I actually liked Michael but he’s a lost cause. 

• Love 6

Molly's the kind of daughter that I'm sure my mother would rather have. Instead, I'm a rabid disappointment. Although I did make sure to get her to the hospital once when she really needed to go. I couldn't drive her as I had recently had surgery, but I called 911 and got the ambulance there. I applaud her stepping in and taking care of things so efficiently.

I doubt the show will go any further with the marriage discussion on screen. TJ and Molly are rarely seen, so of course Alexis might mention it to Sam when she visits her in Pentonville. But I wouldn't expect much else.

People I have no use for: Carly, Jason, Nina, Valentin, Michael, Sasha. And yeah, Finn. Take your reptile and your shiny vests and go away.

Please note the above list is just for today's characters. I'd add Sonny of course, Peter, Kim and Franco/Drew. Really, the people I'd keep is kind of short. Dev can hit the road too. And Sam's on my last nerve.

Loved the Hayden/Liz scenes. These two really sell their sister relationship extremely well.

• Love 4

Trina needed Lucy's book as a reference to understand Helena. FrancoDrew thought Sonny just was a gym owner.

I'm cautiously optimistic we're getting to the part where Carly will interject herself into a conversation with Ava and a newbie and yell, "SHE KILLED CONNIE FALCONERI!!" and the newbie will reply:

tumblr_ptgqygnEFi1t3xwtyo5_500.gif

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That had to be the most ridonkulous and fakest "rash" I've ever seen on the television.

And how would she not have noticed it on the palm of her hand before Finn pointed it out.  

9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm not surprised Carly went there, but Jason agreed with her when he knows no such thing is going on.

I think that was a plot point to show us that something is wrong with Alexis.  

• Love 1

That rash looked like Alexis rolled her hand in those red sugar sprinkles you put on Christmas cookies!

A couple Halloween suggestions:

Dev should go as as Chachi

Finn should go as Batman, so I can hear him say "I'm Batman" with his deep gravel voice.   

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Good lord, please don’t turn Cameron an alcoholic.  The kid has enough going on.

Oh, I absolutely think that's where this is going.  Meh.

Previews: Of course Willow is Jessie from Toy Story.  I'm just surprised TPTB tempered themselves and didn't dress her as Little Bo Peep.

• LOL 2

I've clearly been out of the loop.

I was only able to figure out a few of the costumes:

• Ava: Cruella DeVille--DUH. That costume is so ICONIC
  • Jax: Mr. Incredible--Again, DUH! But ROWRRRR!!!! ♥️!💕😍💕♥️
  • Curtis: Sherlock Holmes
  • Molly: Justice RBG (She looked awesome!)
  • Nina: Cleopatra...ho hummmm
  • Valentin: Marc Antony--oh how he WISHES!
  • Sasha: Captain Marvel? PUHLEAZE
  • STUPID LITTLE SHIT er, Michael--????
  • Jordan--????
  • Laura--???? I feel like I should know!
  • Joss--???DAFUCK?
  • Cameron--???
  • Trina--???

Did I miss anyone?

• LOL 1

It looked to me like Michael was something out of Game of Thrones (which I never watched).  I wondered, with Sasha as Captain Marvel -- are they implying the character is going to be around forever like Carly ended up being?  In other words, she's going to be the next legacy "heroine"*?  I thought that because she is obviously linked to Michael who will be a legacy male character (so many ties to the canvas).

Just noodling.

*Whether or not we think of Carly as a heroine, an anti-heroine, or something in between, she started as a fairly small role and has turned into the legacy female along with Laura.  (Monica isn't on enough and doesn't move plots like they do.)  And Laura, since the 80s, is clearly a heroine.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Finn should go as Batman, so I can hear him say "I'm Batman" with his deep gravel voice.   

Nailed it. And Peter with his similarly “mysterious” voice can be Bruce Wayne. 

1 hour ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Good lord, please don’t turn Cameron an alcoholic.  The kid has enough going on.

I’m afraid that’s where we’re headed, with the savior being whoever RoHo is then playing. Hopefully the new Ava handgun anvils are replacing her martini anvils so we don’t have two of these at once. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Queen of Hearts.

Thank you!

Just now, mbluecpa said:

Nailed it. And Peter with his similarly “mysterious” voice can be Bruce Wayne. 

Do NOT even put that out in the universe! Heinrik only WISHES he was as cool, urbane, sexay as Bruce Wayne!

Why no, I'm not biased a'tall!

• Love 2

Trina was an angel. Don't know if she was supposed to be a Disney character too. 

Laura : queen of hearts 

Koss: I think Madonna 

Michael : i think Jamie lannister from game of thrones. Possibly Jon snow. 

Jordan: maleficent

No idea who Cameron was supposed to be 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I've clearly been out of the loop.

I was only able to figure out a few of the costumes:

• Valentin: Marc Antony--oh how he WISHES!
  •  
  • STUPID LITTLE SHIT er, Michael--????

I loved the look on Valentin's face when they first entered. It was very much "I hate this but it's making my wife happy, so STFU."

My very first thought when I saw Michael was, "Aren't they being a little heavy-handed, dressing him as a Prince Charming as he came with Sasha?" It wasn't till a little later that I decided it was probably a GOT outfit. I've never seen the show.

BTW, The best thing about Finn is how he dresses. He looks good in the vests, IMO. But a boyfriend for Anna? No thanks.

Edited by rur
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, rur said:

BTW, The best thing about Finn is how he dresses. He looks good in the vests,

I like that it's his clothes aesthetic and he's almost always wearing one.  

I also like the chemistry Michael Easton is showing with the little girl playing Violet.  It's very sweet (and she is adorable).

• Love 5

Finally!  The mysterious Cassadine reveal!

Ava as Cruella de Villa. I love how she owns her villainy as Helena did.  So unlike Sonny, Jason and Carly.

Speaking of which, I cheered Cassandra when she criticized Sam for being uncultured.

I thought Jordan was Wonder Woman.  I did like Valentin as Marc Antony, it's the first time I've ever thought he actually looked attractive.

I wish the show would stop trying to push Michael as this tough, scary guy. CD is even less scary than JPS.

Monday someone asked Elizabeth where Jake and Aiden are and she replied that they with grandma. Since Laura was at the courthouse, does that mean that Audrey lives?

3 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Poor Cameron. But like Kiki's #MeToo storyline, it's an important and timely one. And WL is a good enough actor to do it.

• Love 3

ugh-- I don't want a Cam becomes an alcohol storyline because it will be about white knighting Franco... AGAIN.

It should be a great story for Cam and Liz--  but it will be about Franco rescuing one of Liz's boyees yet again.

• Love 3

So Nikolas was the "unidentified man" Cassandra had been spotted with in Europe. I will always think of Tyler Christopher as the true Nikolas though.

Sam, you really are an idiot. 

I love how Lulu goes from making out with Josslyn's teacher where Joss and other kids can clearly see them, to being shocked/scandalized that Joss was getting drunk while she was keeping Dustin from monitoring the kids. 

Here's a thought, Nina. If the sight of Sasha is soooo upsetting, don't go to a Halloween party at the hotel Sasha's boyfriend's mother owns!

So is Kendra the trainer going to turn out to be a psycho like Nelle? I don't understand why she would be trying to taunt/scare Molly since Molly was just a child when Kiefer died and had nothing to do with his death. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Elizabeth where Jake and Aiden are and she replied that they with grandma. Since Laura was at the courthouse, does that mean that Audrey lives?

When Cameron asked his mother if it was okay for him to go to the Halloween dance with Trina, Joss and Dev, she said yes because Jake and Aiden are "spending the night at Aunt Bobbie's."  I guess that means Bobbie took the two boys off Laura's hands.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Ava as Cruella de Villa. I love how she owns her villainy as Helena did.  So unlike Sonny, Jason and Carly.

Helena never whined and cried about no one in town liking her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2