Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Captanne said:

seasons I started watching GH in 1978.  My grandmother watched Edge of Night.  My issue isn't with the Cassedines storyline or with the Mobulization of the Show (I actually enjoy that.)  It's with bullshit like this creepy actor playing the serial killer twin possessed by the memories of yet another twin -- the man should be in a hospital while the medical community tries to figure out what the hell was done to him.  (Legal issues arise there, I know).  That this is even a trial and all that implies is just beyond belief.  It's dumb.  At least the Cassedines and the Ice Princess was fun and had a hint of laughing at its own outrageousness.  This bullshit we have now takes itself deadly seriously.  

Fall of 1979, here!  Damn, I've wasted a lot of my life watching this show.

I just about completely agree. The Cassadines and the Ice Princess and the escapades were fun and outrageous.  I'm not a fan of the idolization of the mob, and I miss having other substantial, multi-generational core families like the Quartermains and the Webbers.

• Love 11

Violet in needed on the show because there has to be a girl that Leo, James and Willey/Jonah fight over when they are all SORASed to the same age in a year or so.

ETA: this leads me to think about who can and can't hook up, of the youngest generation.  Sexauality not withstanding, Danny or Scout could date Aiden, Violet, Georgie, James or Donna.    Aiden would be pretty free to date any of the above, except Donna or Violet.  Georgie and James could date any of the others since they are the ONLY kids on this show not related to half the damn town.  Leo could date James, Georgie, Aiden, Violet or Donna.  Avery could only date James, Georgie, Violet or Aiden.  Donna could date Leo, James, Georgie or Violet.  Violet could date anyone. 

ETA2:  I forgot Willey in all of this, but he's destined to be as bland and chemistry free as his father, so I I won't bother to go back and adjust.  He is related to Donna, Avery, Aiden, Scout, and Danny though.

Edited by ouinason
  • LOL 5
7 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Violet in needed on the show because there has to be a girl that Leo, James and Willey/Jonah fight over when they are all SORASed to the same age in a year or so.

Maybe Leo's gonna wanna hook up with James.

I just don't care that these two have a kid, and the reveal was soooooo flat.

• Love 2

Hayden played every card in the lame ass excuses deck: "I was scared!" "I was on the run!" "I did it for you!" "You didn't come to Rome!" "I didn't want to fuck up the new relationship you had!" "I did want to fuck up the new relationship you had, but you didn't bite, so I withheld your daughter from you like a petulant bitch!" ....oops did I say that last one out loud. What a piece of work. If I were him I would get legal parental rights pronto. 

I used to watch the whole ABC lineup with my mom starting when I was in high school almost 40 years ago. That was our thing. I can never give up GH, cuz it remains like a connection to my mom who passed 25 years ago.  ❤️

• Love 20

In the years of future that this show doesn't have, I want Kristina to become the older woman who introduces one of the young ones to the world of romance, mostly because she is the only lesbian/bi (?) person on the show, so she would have more options.  

That is a question btw, because I'm not sure of her actual preference after Shiloh.  I thought she had come out as gay, but then she was perfectly fine sleeping with him.  IDK what that means for her character.  It doesn't matter or anything, they just never really said.

• Useful 1
53 minutes ago, ouinason said:

That is a question btw, because I'm not sure of her actual preference after Shiloh.

I believe TPTB said Kristina was "sexually fluid". (I read it as TIIC hedging their bets.) To be clear, I do know bisexuality does exist. But since the show can never commit one way or another to Kristina as far as her romances/partners, I think TPTB really were more or less using "sexually fluid" so they did not feel compelled to really pinpoint one way or another.

In other words, lazy/sloppy writing.

• Useful 1
18 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I believe TPTB said Kristina was "sexually fluid".

Well, the last thing I remember is that during her intervention when Willow said Shiloh would have sex with her, she said "He knows I'm questioning my sexuality," or something like that.  So, she's exploring.

• Useful 1

This conversation just reminded me that Valerie exists, or existed, I guess.  I know that recast was no good, but have we heard what actually happened to her?  Wasn't she kinda sorta crushing on Kristina?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

When she said she and Alan were horrible parents because they tried to mold their children into who she and Alan wanted, not who they actually wanted to be, I thought well you're doing that with Franco right now!

She and Alan were terrible parents because they pitted their sons against each other, and constantly belittled one while lauding the other.

4 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

why did Hayden keep her a secret from Finn in the first place??

Because she's a selfish asshole.

3 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

When he was little people would always ask us where the blond hair came from, and I found that a pretty intrusive question.

Gross. When my adopted Chinese nieces were little, people would ask my sister-in-law if the girls were sisters, i.e., biological sisters. So rude!

Sonny is SUCH a baby when it comes to Jax. He makes faces and snide comments and pouts, no matter than Jax is there to wish Sonny's new baby a happy life. What a smug, petty asshole.

Ugh, Dev. Why is he still around? He's useless and annoying.

Oh, Monica. You poor, deluded, desperate mother. I feel for all of your losses, but clinging to Frew isn't the way to try to put salve on that terrible wound. If it were anyone else in this situation, you wouldn't be saying neurology is what makes us us, or whatever nonsense you spewed.

Of course Jason can't be bothered to wear a collared shirt to court. I guess wearing a henley is a step up from a black T-shirt.

5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Wasn't she kinda sorta crushing on Kristina?

I got the feeling Valerie was fed up with men at the time and she liked Kristina enough to want to fool around. Not very flattering to either of them.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ouinason said:

ETA: this leads me to think about who can and can't hook up, of the youngest generation.  Sexauality not withstanding, Danny or Scout could date Aiden, Violet, Georgie, James or Donna.    Aiden would be pretty free to date any of the above, except Donna or Violet.  Georgie and James could date any of the others since they are the ONLY kids on this show not related to half the damn town.  Leo could date James, Georgie, Aiden, Violet or Donna.  Avery could only date James, Georgie, Violet or Aiden.  Donna could date Leo, James, Georgie or Violet.  Violet could date anyone. 

ETA2:  I forgot Willey in all of this, but he's destined to be as bland and chemistry free as his father, so I I won't bother to go back and adjust.  He is related to Donna, Avery, Aiden, Scout, and Danny though.

Dang that's a lot of kids you forgot Noah though he isn't re leated to anyone well they might consider robin and maxies kids cousin but he could date scout,avery,donna.

• Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, Hater said:

Roger's facial expression when Kim was exposed was so odd. Such a bad acting choice.

It looked like to me he was thinking “Ewww!” When Scottie revealed that Kim had drugged Drew and was going to rape him.

Whoever wrote Kin’s lines Must have been a fan of the animated Justice League Unlimited! Scottie’s line to Liz that he had “One more arrow in his quiver”? Kin played Oliver Queen/The Green Arrow on that show!😄😄

Kin as Green Arrow:

GA.jpg

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
22 minutes ago, Hater said:

Roger's facial expression when Kim was exposed was so odd. Such a bad acting choice.

It looked like to me he was thinking “Ewww!” When Scottie revealed that Kim had drugged Drew and was going to rape him.

That's the mildest he should look. Learning that should make him wash his hands of Kim forever.

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Gross. When my adopted Chinese nieces were little, people would ask my sister-in-law if the girls were sisters, i.e., biological sisters. So rude!

I feel for your SIL. A white friend of mine adopted her Latino son when he was 1 year old. For the first few years, when he was right there, people would ask her questions like, "Does his real mother miss him?" "How much did you pay for him?" They also tried to speak Spanish to him and ignored her when she said flat out, "He doesn't speak Spanish."

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ouinason said:

Also, I care so little about Lulu that I forgot Charlote and Rocco (fuck I hate that name) exist until right this minute.

They can be forgotten on their own merits. 

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

This conversation just reminded me that Valerie exists, or existed, I guess.  I know that recast was no good, but have we heard what actually happened to her?  Wasn't she kinda sorta crushing on Kristina?

Huh! I totally forgot about NuValerie, too. I guess the producers didn’t like her any more than I (we?) did. Although I don’t think the actress was terrible; she probably would have been fine in a new role. She just wasn’t Val.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Blackie said:

I thought Ava came off a bit like a predator  "well hello there young man!", and we know she likes young men!

oh ya, her interest was piqued 😉

I'm always looking for stuff like that with Ava, and I didn't see it. I thought Dev's "beautiful lady" came off as him being a suck up little creep. I loved everything with Ava and Trina. They are the the mentor and mentee / employer and intern I didn't know I needed. Great combination of characters and love that the gallery is being featured again. I've always loved Ava in this element.

Sonny drags down every scene he's in. But what else is new.

Monica's neurology - DNA explanation was so hard to swallow. Come on, woman. Wake up and smell the ridiculousness of this flash drive bullshit.

I adored Cam's dressing down of Jason, and I super loved Scott going in for the kill with Crazy Pants Kim.

Yeah, okay Hayden has no excuses although I have to give her credit for attempting every possible one she could try. I enjoyed the scenes though because I love Rebecca as an actress and the dialogue was well-written for the most part. He was okay, I was pretty shocked he had actual tears as he's always come off as completely expressionless and an emotional void, much like all of his 27 other characters (and the Borg). And as far as keeping family at a distance, I still don't understand why he can't accept Chase in his life like a normal human being.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Yes, Cam has always been family to Laura and Lulu because Lucky raised him until he left Port Charles when Cam was about 6, but Carly clearly just considers him to be Elizabeth's kid and Josslyn's friend. She has never, ever acknowledged him as family even though he is the older brother to both her BFF's first born son and her cousin Lucky's son Aiden.

I actually find that really strange. Furthermore, Joss and Cam are BOTH members of the Spencer family and that particular connection is just not acknowledged at all. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Has she really ever been close to any of her family except Bobbie and for 5 seconds with Lulu when JMB was in the role and they writing her as a mini Carly? 

Yeah, I think Carly and/or the show barely remember she's a Spencer, despite the scenes she shares with Bobbie. Whenever her and Sonny talk about Lulu being family it's always about Lulu's connection to Dante instead of her being Carly's cousin.

9 hours ago, Linny said:

Man, Finn let Hayden off easy. She admits that she considered Finn's relationship with his daughter as conditional on his taking Hayden back romantically, and he just...accepts it? Dude, come on. I'm not opposed to Hayden and Finn reuniting down the road, but it's bullshit that he's not angrier that Hayden concealed Violet's existence just because he didn't run to Rome and tell Hayden he loved her. She should be a lot more remorseful for denying both Finn AND Violet the experience of knowing each other. And I'm going to be so glad when Anna finally shows up and all parties are on the same page and we can see how everything shakes out.

8 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Finn has just met his daughter, and right after that in the halls of his workplace Hayden dumped a lot of information in his lap in a brief time frame. A doctor with his personality isn't going to get enraged and start screaming at Hayden in that situation, esp. with their daughter in a hospital bed nearby. He is still in shock. I think he needs time to process it all and figure out what he wants to do. He and Curtis recently had a conversation about Hayden's tendency to lie, and cut and run when things get tough. It's not unreasonable that Finn could be worried that the moment Violet is better, Hayden will check her out of the hospital and disappear because she's hurt that he is engaged to Anna. (He doesn't known about her 'secret project' and meetings with Jax and Curtis.) He should talk to Robert and Anna because of how they started out with Robin.

I was a little annoyed that Finn didn't dress Hayden down a little more and I hated that he asked permission to spend time with Violet, but I get Bringonthedrama's point. They're in the middle of the hospital and their daughter is sick, and they don't know with what yet, dealing with what Hayden did has to be set aside for the time being.

35 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

And as far as keeping family at a distance, I still don't understand why he can't accept Chase in his life like a normal human being.

I think they've actually moved past Finn's incredibly weird aversion to having any type of relationship with Chase. They've gotten a lot closer since then and are actually one of my favorite relationships on the show. Finn can still be closed off with him, but that's just his personality and I think he is trying to improve in that regard.

• Love 3

Finn is a very private, closed off person, so having that conversation in that very public place, where he works, and under the circumstances was probably pretty hard for him to cope with.  Finn is not a put together, well adjusted human being.  Even though he's gotten better over time, with the help of Hayden herself as well as Anna and Chase, he's still not the guy to go to for the yelling in corridors kind of scene.  

I mean, cornering him like that worked very much in Hayden's favor.

As for Cam/Joss, considering the trajectory and history of their relationship I think the writers were probably intentionally not mentioning any family connection.  It's a little icky if you think on it.  Like when Maxie and Georgie were going hard on poor Lucas.  /shiver

Edited by ouinason
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, ouinason said:

Finn is not a put together, well adjusted human being. 

Understatement of the century. I still don't understand how someone like Hayden found herself attracted to someone like him. They don't make sense together at all. And I never saw any of their kissing scenes or I guess the only time they had sex when they conceived Violet, because I can't imagine it coming off as anything but dry and mechanical.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Understatement of the century. I still don't understand how someone like Hayden found herself attracted to someone like him.

It's not like Hayden is put together and well-adjusted hence her bolting and keeping Finn's kid from him because he blew off meeting her. And this is Hayden (a character I actually do like and have defended in the past) who fell for Nik while knowing that he tried to kill her. She's not the best at picking men.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Like I said, Hayden's keeping the secret really all boils down to daddy issues.  Which I get, considering.  Her dad is no prize and she didn't really trade up when her mom revealed that Jeff Webber is her bio dad.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

It's not like Hayden is put together and well-adjusted hence her bolting and keeping Finn's kid from him because he blew off meeting her. And this is Hayden (a character I actually do like and have defended in the past) who fell for Nik while knowing that he tried to kill her. She's not the best at picking men.

I'll just never see him having chemistry with anyone, I guess that was my point. He's a zero sum game. You can cherry pick similarities, but they don't mesh well together as Cher once said to Tai.

• Love 1

In theory I liked Hayden/Finn, not so much on my screen.   Like, Michael is bland as white rice in a pairing, but generally I don't have to look away in discomfort when he's paired up like I do with Finn.  

I still like him though.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

Random question: Does Finn still have Roxie the Emotional Support Lizard?

I love Roxie! 🐉 (kindle doesn't have a lizard pic!)💕

that name must be a nod to OLTL? 

One time I saw Robin Strasser in a department store where she was doing some promotion in the 90's. S

stunningly beautiful in person. I was so glad to see her now on DOOL! alexa says she is 74 years old. Good for her!

• Love 1

Sorry to keep referencing oltl, but I thought that ME  had great chemistry with the actress with the red hair that played Natalie Buchanan (Melissa Archer). They once had a bedroom scene that was one of the hottest i remember on soaps! 🔥that was when I think I saw his claddagh tattoo for the first time. I'm Irish so I have a soft spot for him because of that. And Roxie the emotional support lizard. 

• Love 1

Of course Jason can't be bothered to wear a collared shirt to court. I guess wearing a henley is a step up from a black T-shirt.

And SB is back to the blinking.  But at least it is more 'enjoyable' watching Jason around Liz, Monica and Cam than when he is around Sam, Sonny, and especially Carly.

😊Even the court stenographer was captivated by Kin's performance towards the end of the episode.  

Boy did MW have to do some heavy lifting in those scenes with Trina and Dev - but at least they will be giving the Trina character a chance to do something other than be stuck with Joss in every scene.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Boy did MW have to do some heavy lifting in those scenes with Trina and Dev - but at least they will be giving the Trina character a chance to do something other than be stuck with Joss in every scene.

Josslyn doesn't deserve a friend like that. She doesn't deserve Cam either.

• Love 12

So Jason is at Sonny's and the court can just call him on the phone and expect him to come testify immediately? ...and Jason agrees?!

If they do it right, there could be a meaningful healing story where Ava becomes a mentor to Trina and it helps her grow beyond her experience with Kiki. ....but they will probably just have someone attack Trina and Ava whip out that gun and save Trina, thus achieving immediate redemption.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Random question: Does Finn still have Roxie the Emotional Support Lizard?

Yes - he mentioned her last week as a possible play date for Hayden’s now-proven-fictitious dog. We’ve not see her on camera, though...maybe she’s at Monica’s with Danny and Scout. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Josslyn doesn't deserve a friend like that. She doesn't deserve Cam either.

Joss is lucky she has such loyal friends. I'd give my grieving friend a month to wallow, tops, and after that tell her we can't hang out anymore if she's going to make everything about her dead loved one. But then, I'm kind of a bitch that way.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I was a little annoyed that Finn didn't dress Hayden down a little more and I hated that he asked permission to spend time with Violet, but I get Bringonthedrama's point. They're in the middle of the hospital and their daughter is sick, and they don't know with what yet, dealing with what Hayden did has to be set aside for the time being.

Yup, plus Finn now knows Hayden really can't be trusted (she used her friend Curtis in her deception too) because she's so selfish so he has to proceed with caution. Hayden flat out said recently she wanted to be done with the project soon so she could get out of town before Finn found out about Violet and tried to get custody. It's interesting that she thinks Valentin is such a low-life, yet he very much has the same entitled mentality about his child where the mother Lulu and former stepmom Nina are concerned. It's the same way Carly behaved when Michael was a baby/young child and she wanted to hang on to Jason.  You're not going to choose me? Okay, well then you don't get to have a relationship with this child.  Although Hayden couldn't try to sabotage Finn/Anna like Carly did with Robin because Anna has been out of town so far. 

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Yup, plus Finn now knows Hayden really can't be trusted (she used her friend Curtis in her deception too) because she's so selfish so he has to proceed with caution. Hayden flat out said recently she wanted to be done with the project soon so she could get out of town before Finn found out about Violet and tried to get custody. It's interesting that she thinks Valentin is such a low-life, yet he very much has the same entitled mentality about his child where the mother Lulu and former stepmom Nina are concerned. It's the same way Carly behaved when Michael was a baby/young child and she wanted to hang on to Jason.  You're not going to choose me? Okay, well then you don't get to have a relationship with this child.  Although Hayden couldn't try to sabotage Finn/Anna like Carly did with Robin because Anna has been out of town so far. 

Seriously! I mean, my eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head when Hayden told Finn, that if she'd told him about Violet, then Horrors! Anna would be her stepmother, and where would that leave her? I mean, whuut? Anna wouldn't try and steal Violet from Hayden like Mooby and SheBeast did with first Michael, and now Avery.

But what Anna did--keeping Robin a secret from Robert, is totally apples and oranges with what Hayden or SheBeast did. Anna was a double agent. She faked her death to escape justice. (I think. or she didn't die, but let Robert, the DVX and WSB think she died) and I can't recall, but she didn't know she was pregnant when everything exploded/imploded?

Anyhoo, every single word/reason was just more 🙄 than the last, as Hayden kept talking.

• Love 3

It's already been said but I must say it again....Drewco's face when he found out about Kim's attempted rape of Drew....I actually loved it.  It was an I smell a horrible fart face.  I think he might finally be cluing in that Kim is a bit off her rocker.

• Love 3

I am really enjoying Sam and Jason's misery. It's too bad Sam always pays more than Jason does, but them's the breaks when you're a ride-or-die. KeMo is even more listless than usual. She's lucky it finally jibes with Sam's situation.

The Frew trial is beyond stupid. At least 95 percent of it was completely irrelevant. And Scott is an idiot not to talk to Kevin before his testimony. That's basic lawyering. Why do they insist on making him so incompetent? It's not fun to watch, especially when it's through his own stupidity.

Peter, if you're so worried about your happiness, tell Maxie everything. NOW. Please, for my sake if not your own.

"Tighten the leash"? Spencer has no boundaries whatsoever.

If the Haunted Star is hosting the PCHS Halloween dance, wouldn't Lulu want to be there for at least part of the night to make sure things are going properly? Way to watch your business, Lulu.

Of course the show tips its hand on the verdict. Oh, Show. That's not a cliffhanger.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, TVbitch said:

If they do it right, there could be a meaningful healing story where Ava becomes a mentor to Trina and it helps her grow beyond her experience with Kiki. ....but they will probably just have someone attack Trina and Ava whip out that gun and save Trina, thus achieving immediate redemption.

They haven't had immediate redemption for Ava for six years, I doubt they'd start now. And they had plenty of opportunities.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I used to watch the whole ABC lineup with my mom starting when I was in high school almost 40 years ago. That was our thing. I can never give up GH, cuz it remains like a connection to my mom who passed 25 years ago.  ❤️

I started watching in 1978.  (David Hamilton, anyone?)  I was 14 and my sisters were 11 and 8.  To this day, we all still watch it.  In spite of all the stupidity and fuckery we are subjected to, we'd be very upset if it were cancelled - this show has been in our lives for a long time, and we think of it as our fourth sister. (I think we all need serious help, I know).   Also, apropos of nothing, my middle sister lives out in Calabasas and used to be a substitute teacher.  She had both of Becky's older kids many times and Becky even joined her class once on a field trip.  My sister says she is lovely.  So no matter what kind of bullshit Elizabeth is up to, I will always like her.

• Love 15

Wardrobe continues to really fall down on their job, did anyone else notice Nina's tag sticking out of her dress?

Sam looks terrible, and Jason looks really really old.

I loathe Kim.

These accents are comical by this point. Why in god's name, why?

If I was Ava, I would have come right in and told Nina I was taking my Scotch back and grabbed the bottle.

• Love 4

OMG Lulu, how embarrassing. She goes out with a guy a couple times and he cancels a date cuz he has to work, so she shows up at his place of work and wants to have a picnic on the spot. I would run for the hills.

• Love 3

That was...no words. Just...no words.

Despite the look of disgust on Franco’s face after Kim admits to drugging and almost raping Drew, he’s holding her, comforting her.

Ans this whole storyline is all kinds of FUCKED UP. Kim has been maintaining that Franco is now Drew, yet says she tried to rape “the other Drew” DA FUCK? You can’t have it both ways!

And what lawyer doesn’t discuss or go over testimony with their witnesses????

As much as I loathe Sam, it’s beyond ridinkulous that she gets to go straight to trial without ever having been arraigned.

And “proof beyond reasonable doubt” is something for the jury to determine-not something a judge would decide BEFORE hearing a case in a bench trial. That’s the point-ALL evidence submitted, reviewed, THEN decision is made. GAAAAAHHHHH!!

This FAKAKTA SHOW!!!!!

And why didn’t Scottie bring up Drew’s charge of desertion????

{^%{%^{^{*{^]#[%]*~%{*]🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Ans this whole storyline is all kinds of FUCKED UP. Kim has been maintaining that Franco is now Drew, yet says she tried to rape “the other Drew” DA FUCK? You can’t have it both ways!

That's a case of the writers trying to have it both ways. I am Drew, but Kim tried to rape the other Drew, so no biggie.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

OMG Lulu, how embarrassing. She goes out with a guy a couple times and he cancels a date cuz he has to work, so she shows up at his place of work and wants to have a picnic on the spot. I would run for the hills.

Not to mention the fact that probably the last thing any teacher wants to do when staying after school to catch up on as much as possible, quickly, is to be interrupted for a leisurely picnic by a clueless Bratz doll.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Despite the look of disgust on Franco’s face after Kim admits to drugging and almost raping Drew, he’s holding her, comforting her.

I don't know; she turned to him to be comforted and was literally crying on his shoulder. He looked straight out -not glaring over at Scott and then down at Kim that would suggest a feeling of anger and protectiveness. He didn't respond or appear to look at her with love and compassion when she took his hands in hers and apologized that he heard about "what I did to Drew - I was going through a horrible time." She clearly meant the real Drew Cain, which IMO can only mean she's admitting (but not realizing she's admitting) that she's using him.

• Love 3