Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

As much as I despise Sonny with the heat of a thousand suns and love Julian, I kinda, sorta, kinda have to agree a teeny tiny bit with Sonny.  If Julian has decided to stay and keep the bar, than he has to give Olivia his deposit back.  Olivia doesn't get the bar and doesn't get her money, while Julian gets the bar and her money.  That ain't right.  Just saying.

I too think Julian should give Olivia the deposit back, but I don't believe for a second that Sonny went to see Julian because he's oh so concerned about his dear first baby mama Olivia getting her money back. As Jax very recently pointed out to Sonny, Sonny likes to play hero. It is well established that Sonny enjoys thinking of himself as a Mobster badass, using his words/voice, swagger, and personal hitman to scare people into doing what he wants. He already told Alexis that he hoped Olivia cleaned Julian out, re: the bar. Sonny hates Julian, so he was only too happy to have an opening to try and put pressure on bad super meanie Julian.  

Sonny's stated reason for being there was "Olivia is family."  Yes, Sonny is the father of Olivia's grown, no-longer-on-the-show son and he and Olivia share a grandson - but Olivia is not raising and providing for Rocco. Sonny knows Julian is the father of Olivia's young son Leo; both Julian and Olivia are responsible for providing for Leo. Olivia and Julian need to work this out like adults.  Sonny has a full-time "business," is a father and stepdad to 5 children in his life, and  is "mentoring" a sixth kid, a runaway teenager. He's definitely not worried about Olivia being able to support herself, so the scenes today came across to me as "I'm Olivia's thug, I'm going to make sure you're doing the right thing by her or else." FYI Sonny, Olivia doesn't need your help since she made her feelings clear when she marched into the bar yelling at Julian when he decided not to leave town. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 6

Has GF put on weight? Not judging, but she either looked quite a bit larger today or they are dressing her really badly. 

Noooo Ryan, don't kill that dude yet! I want this story to be OVER. And I want to see Maxie freed from Peter. ...after she eats a huge slice of humble pie. 

Jason: I don't need your help, Sonny, I have already figured out how to prove Sam's innocence. And I will also solve Drew Cain's murder. And expose Peter August. Then, after lunch, I am going to see about wedging myself into the baby swap story.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Jason: I don't need your help, Sonny, I have already figured out how to prove Sam's innocence. And I will also solve Drew Cain's murder. And expose Peter August. Then, after lunch, I am going to see about wedging myself into the baby swap story.  

"You think I should visit my children? What are you talking about?"

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Has GF put on weight? 

I think it's just that robe they put on her.

Sonny's scenes with Julian were sheer filler. Ridiculous. Cut down his minimums!

• Love 4

Kim, if the Drew in PC was no more that "young man that [you] knew back in his navy blues all that time back then," neither is Franco! And she talked about Drew being Oscar's father and letting Franco get away with calling Oscar "our son." And saying Franco and Drew share a son. Nononononononono.

I'm suprised Sonny didn't give that shit-eating grin he puts on when he knows he's being obnoxious and doesn't care, since that's exactly how he was barging in on Julian and Ava.

Sonny, if Olivia can take care of herself, why are you hassling Julian on her behalf?

The staredown between Jason and that guy in Pentonville was laughable. The way they waited for the other to pick up the phone as a dumb power play? Spare me.

The Cam/Kim scene was really good.

Tomorrow, Jordan's giant realization: "This town is riddled with liars." It took you this long to figure that out? *rme*

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Tomorrow, Jordan's giant realization: "This town is riddled with liars." It took you this long to figure that out? *rme*

Says the woman who lied about her son's paternity for how long...

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Yesterday Alexis said it wasn't Olivia doing that; was it confirmed today it is Olivia? 

I just assumed that Alexis was poo pooing Julian's thoughts and not that the show was telling us that it isn't Olivia.  I could be wrong. Heck it could be Kendra, between visiting her dead brother's grave and poisoning Alexis, she's putting up smear flyers.  

11 hours ago, ciarra said:

Suddenly he has no money. 

He said he had to put a deposit down on whatever in Manhattan (apartment, bar, whatever) and didn't get it back (why? plot point?), therefore he wasn't giving Olivia's money back.  

Julian should definitely give Olivia her deposit back, but, Christ, can Sonny stay the hell out of it?  He's become the Gladys Kravitz of Port Charles, always sticking his nose where it doesn't below.

And don't even get me started on the gangster having the nerve to go and ask the Mayor to pull strings with the freakin' FBI to get the charges against Mumbles dropped. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

He said he had to put a deposit down on whatever in Manhattan (apartment, bar, whatever) and didn't get it back (why? plot point?)

Plot point, but you can lose your deposit under certain circumstances. NYC real estate is so corrupt.

50 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And don't even get me started on the gangster having the nerve to go and ask the Mayor to pull strings with the freakin' FBI to get the charges against Mumbles dropped. 

At least Laura told them she couldn't do anything and they needed to let Diane do her thing. Though since Jason was there, I don't know why Sonny needed Laura at all. Of course Jason will save the day!

• Love 1

I understand why Julian didn’t get his deposit back on his place in NY but not sure why that affects Olivia. Even if we are to believe he’s that broke, you would think he could just work out some kind of payment plan to give Olivia back her deposit. It isn’t her fault that he backed out of the deal so I don’t see why she should be punished and it seems like a main part of her issue is that he won’t give her back the deposit. I’m not sure why she just doesn’t sue him but this is probably just a plot point for Olivia and Julian to become co-owners of Charlies since we never see her at the MetroCourt anymore. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

He said he had to put a deposit down on whatever in Manhattan (apartment, bar, whatever) and didn't get it back (why? plot point?), therefore he wasn't giving Olivia's money back.  

Like I said, he's got 10 grand sitting around to "loan" to Lemonface, which, look at her, do you think she's a good risk?  Obviously it wasn't his last 10 grand in the world.  He had money to (potentially) kidnap Oscar and take him to South America for treatment.  Yes, he made a possibly non-refundable deposit in Manhattan, but I don't believe he used his last dollar to do so.  And even if he did, he could get a loan to pay back Olivia.  It makes as much sense as Lucky and Liz being crushed by Lucky's medical bills when he was a detective and she was earning nurse's wages.

• Love 5

I love how Julian just laughs off both Sonny and Jason. One of my favorite memories of this show in the recent past was when Jason was being all menacing towards Julian and Julian very quietly said to Jason, "You don't scare me."

He pretty much said the same thing to Sonny. I think Julian, like the rest of us, realizes that Sonny is all bark and no bite. Worse than that, we all realize Sonny is just a little chihuahua.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 10/17/2019 at 11:29 AM, dubbel zout said:

As mentioned earlier, Ric was secretly involved with Madeline, and they were trying to get Nina's trust fund/inheritance. This was when Ric had that crying-baby app (which was called "Waaah," IIRC!) and was trying to gaslight Nina. 

I’m starting to think you all are gaslighting ME. 

This story gets weirder by the minute. And I still don’t recall a bit of it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Valentin is just as milquetoast as Michael. The Red-headed Menace version of Michael was scarier than both of them

Probably the only person less menacing than Valentin is Michael, so I enjoyed Valentin smirking at Michael's attempt to appear threatening.

I really hope they don't make Ava an alcoholic.  Yes, she's going through a tough time and using alcohol to numb her feelings, but not everyone who does this is an alcoholic who can't be trusted to ever have another drink as long as they live.

Kim and Monica both disgust me.  I can't even with either one of them.

The actor that plays Cameron is fantastic.  And of course Jon Lindstrom always delivers.  I almost forget its the same actor that plays both Ryan and Kevin.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

If it's any consolation, I barely remember it, that's how quickly it came and went.

But, man, so many bad storylines for Nina.  Remember when Franco tried to calm her baby rabies by getting her a puppy?  That was some Reddit "Am I The Asshole?" shit right there. 

• Love 2

I barely remember these Nina storylines either, though that's because I deliberately ignore her as much as possible. I still have this cognitive dissonance going on with the likes of Nina and Franco (hey, weren't they a couple for a hot second?) and Valentin and Peter (and to a lesser degree, Michael Easton and Greenlee and poor Billy Miller when he was around) where I still can't actually believe they're on this show. Like, what are you doing, you don't even go here.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

LOL at Carly's backhanded acknowledgement that she and Sonny are perpetually lying asshole criminals.  Hmm, you're concerned that your son has a pattern of getting involved with lying, scheming women who see him as the white knight -wherever could he have learned such behavior?  Perhaps the five men who have considered him to be their son or stepson as Carly went from man to man could weigh in, if two of them weren't dead. I'm rolling my eyes that Carly is apparently going to warn/threaten Sasha next week.

On the other hand, I really liked Laura and Ava's scenes; these two actresses are great together. Julian and Ava are great together too although their chemistry (as has been noted previously) is not a sibling vibe. Hey Ava, would you pretty please give Maxie the name and phone number of your salon and stylist?

Brad is insufferable and I'm really starting to question Lucas's intelligence. But I can say the same thing about the PCPD aside from Chase who rocked it with Ryan.  Who lets someone in prison uniform awaiting a murder trial (with a lengthy rap sheet) have freedom to walk around in the interrogation room and have contact with her mother and known hitman boyfriend/ex-husband, unmonitored, for a non-specific amount of time? She could have been given a vial of poison, a knife, a gun or some other weapon to strap to her leg before her "ride" came to take her to Pentonville.  Sam's tears of fear and quivering at the end should be angry tears of self-blame for her own stupidity during the entire Shiloh storyline.  Little Charlotte Cassadine comes off as stronger and smarter than this so-called self-sufficient "PI."

I'll give the show a tiny bit of credit though because I laughed at the prison employee saying the DoD's slogan as she locked Sam up and walked away.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

LOL at Carly's backhanded acknowledgement that she and Sonny are perpetually lying asshole criminals.  Hmm, you're concerned that your son has a pattern of getting involved with lying, scheming women who see him as the white knight -wherever could he have learned such behavior?  Perhaps the five men who have considered him to be their son or stepson as Carly went from man to man could weigh in, if two of them weren't dead. I'm rolling my eyes that Carly is apparently going to warn/threaten Sasha next week.

If Carly had never told another lie (or at least only lied at normal human rates) since after the whole Michael who's the daddy thing, that would have been a good argument. I did something wrong.  I want you to learn from my mistakes.  But, when you haven't learned from your own mistakes, how can you expect someone else to learn from them?  But, I did like how Sonny basically told her she had no room to talk.  He doesn't either, of course, but hey.

• Love 2

It was satisfying to see the smirks on Sonny and Carly's faces get wiped off when they heard Sasha wasn't Nina's daughter and she and Michael are still together. Though of course Carly's outrage about Sasha lying was hilariously hypocritical.

What fraud was committed against Michael by Sasha? Her lie had nothing to do with him.

It was also satisfying that Jason's attempt to get Sam out of Pentonville utterly failed because of Ryan.

It doesn't matter that Alexis is seeing Neil and he's also Brad and Lucas's therapist. Neil, at least, is a professional.

6 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I really liked Laura and Ava's scenes; these two actresses are great together.

I think it's a bit weird that Laura is comforting Ava, but it's nice to see two pros working together so well.

I really don't want Brad and Lucas to have a possible cheater story going on. Ugh.

Sam's area of Pentonville looks suspiciously like the PCPD jail. Heh.

• Love 5

LOL at Carly's backhanded acknowledgement that she and Sonny are perpetually lying asshole criminals.

Which would be AOK but she used the past tense.  I just LOVE that bowl of moss which tamps down the rage of General Hospital trying to portray the Corinthos family as some type of Norman Rockwell type of 'normal' family.

Brad is insufferable and I'm really starting to question Lucas's intelligence.

At least it was fun watching Lucas and Curtis being able to share a scene together.  Brad is past his due date.

But I can say the same thing about the PCPD aside from Chase who rocked it with Ryan. 

I am not enamored with anything about Chase except that he does have a nice body and face.

WdV and MW are earning their paycheck where as our 'heroes' SBu and Kzzzzzzzz seem to be just 'there'. 

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think it's a bit weird that Laura is comforting Ava, but it's nice to see two pros working together so well.

I don't think it's so weird because Laura's son was spending time with Ava before and at the time of his death, and Laura's husband's mistake lead to Ryan being in a position to con Ava as well as murder Ava's daughter.  Laura has her daughter, grandchildren, husband, an ex-sister-in-law and various friends to be close to in times of loss or other hardship. As long as Franco is hanging on to the delusion of himself as Drew, Ava only has Julian to lean on because Scott is totally consumed with "getting Franco back."  So Laura sees Ava drinking alone and feels for her.  Remember that Laura's son Lucky used drugs then alcohol to deal with pain and look where that got him.

• Love 6

Ryan has done a good thing by killing his cellmate before he could exonerate Sam. She deserves a big timeout in Pentonville so she can think about why she got into this mess.  She enjoys the "adventure" of living on the edge with the mob.  She is a mother of two small children yet she still is putting these activities before her children.  Yes, Sam is being framed and should not be in prison for this, however, she has gotten away with many crimes.  The feds are not buying her innocence because she is involved with the mob.  Danny and Scout are paying the price for their mother's choices.  They are so lucky to have Monica.  Grandma Monica provides the only stability in their lives.  I wish Monica and Alexis were not so afraid to confront Sam on her shitty parenting choices.  Sam needs someone to be honest with her.  She needs to do some serious soul searching and make a choice, either give custody to Monica and live a mobster lifestyle or get her act together, get rid of Jason and make being a good mother her top priority.

• Love 11

I don’t think we’all ever seen Monica or Alexis say anything to Sam. Alexis already tried when she first found out Sam was her daughter. They weren’t close for years and I think by that point, Alexis had to give up trying to talk to her about her life because she was always going to follow Jason no matter what. The last time I remember Monica saying anything negative to Jason was after Emily’s death when she said she wished that he died instead of Emily. She can’t really say anything to Sam without cutting Jason off as well and since he’s her only living kid, I don’t see her doing that.

I do wish Sam would realize on her own that this lifestyle isn’t suitable for young kids but I think she’s not going to see it unless Danny and Scout start getting harmed by Sonny and Jason’s lifestyle like Sonny’s kids were. The show not doing mob stories anymore has kept them safe because I’m sure they’d be targeted if they still had rivals coming to town

• Love 7
2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Probably the only person less menacing than Valentin is Michael, so I enjoyed Valentin smirking at Michael's attempt to appear threatening.

Yeap. Michael is less intimidating than Valentin who is less intimidating that Sonny who is less intimidating than a Jason who is less intimidating than Julian. Actually, Julian has the power to appear intimidating. So does Leisl, interesting enough. Annoying that the two who can pull it off keep getting written as bumbling morons.

I really hope they don't make Ava an alcoholic.  Yes, she's going through a tough time and using alcohol to numb her feelings, but not everyone who does this is an alcoholic who can't be trusted to ever have another drink as long as they live.

Completely agree, but you know they're going to go that eat and have it be another reason Carly and Sonny keep her away from Avery.

Kim and Monica both disgust me.  I can't even with either one of them.

I hate what they've done with Kim and can really do without them also pulling this crap with Monica.

The actor that plays Cameron is fantastic.  And of course Jon Lindstrom always delivers.  I almost forget its the same actor that plays both Ryan and Kevin.

Yes to both, especial JL. That man is a talent and I'm glad they are utilizing him again.

23 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Ryan has done a good thing by killing his cellmate before he could exonerate Sam. She deserves a big timeout in Pentonville so she can think about why she got into this mess.  She enjoys the "adventure" of living on the edge with the mob.  She is a mother of two small children yet she still is putting these activities before her children.  Yes, Sam is being framed and should not be in prison for this, however, she has gotten away with many crimes.  The feds are not buying her innocence because she is involved with the mob.  Danny and Scout are paying the price for their mother's choices.  They are so lucky to have Monica.  Grandma Monica provides the only stability in their lives.  I wish Monica and Alexis were not so afraid to confront Sam on her shitty parenting choices.  Sam needs someone to be honest with her.  She needs to do some serious soul searching and make a choice, either give custody to Monica and live a mobster lifestyle or get her act together, get rid of Jason and make being a good mother her top priority.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with Ryan right now.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Ryan has done a good thing by killing his cellmate before he could exonerate Sam. She deserves a big timeout in Pentonville so she can think about why she got into this mess. 

I'm just waiting for the inevitable prison breakout where she and Jason go on the run and find shelter in an old abandoned church, where they renew their vows to each other to the tune of their insipid 'theme' music.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Sasha is different than Nelle because she didn't lie about anything except whose daughter she was and that had nothing to do with Michael and it started before she even met him she eventually told him, Carly, the hypocritical sea cow. Of course Michael stutters and doesn't articulate that. 

Reduce Carly and Sonny's minimums moments of the episode: them having no reason to be on except so it can lead up to Carly interrogating Sasha. This could have easily happened in off screen land.

I'm NOT a fan of Laura and Ava hanging out too much, but it would amuse me to see Sonny and Carly try to chastise Laura for being nice to Ava.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

Ryan has done a good thing by killing his cellmate before he could exonerate Sam. 

The guy that Ryan killed was also the ONLY person who could say that Sam hired him to kill Shiloh. Now that he's dead, there's no witness...therefore, there is no case against Sam. Why is she still going to Pentonville?

Edited by Sheggy50G
  • Useful 4
43 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I do wish Sam would realize on her own that this lifestyle isn’t suitable for young kids but I think she’s not going to see it unless Danny and Scout start getting harmed by Sonny and Jason’s lifestyle like Sonny’s kids were. The show not doing mob stories anymore has kept them safe because I’m sure they’d be targeted if they still had rivals coming to town

Sam will never see it as long as Jason is in the picture. 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Sheggy50G said:

The guy that Ryan killed was also the ONLY person who could say that Sam hired him to kill Shiloh. Now that he's dead, there's no witness...therefore, there is no case against Sam. Why is she still going to Pentonville?

They have his statement on record.  And it was made in front of witnesses.

But I don't even watch Law and Order, so what do I know?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Sheggy50G said:

Why is she still going to Pentonville?

Because they're really trying to get Jason, and keeping Sam at Pentonville puts pressure on her to squeal.

Edited by dubbel zout
belated correction
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I really don't want Brad and Lucas to have a possible cheater story going on.

I'm pretty sure that was Julian's doing.  He wanted Brad to stop seeing Neil as his therapist, Brad said no and left.  Julian callled someone.  Then Julian told Ava he'd been putting out fires all over town.  Then the flowers got delivered to Brad.  I'm thinking Julian messing with Brad to get his way.  

6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

This story gets weirder by the minute. And I still don’t recall a bit of it.

I think what happened was, the show needed some out-of-left field groom for Nina for the live show in 2015*. She was trying to make Franco --  or whoever the man in her life was at the moment -- jealous. So that was the first time we even knew she had any kind of contact with Ric, let alone was marrying him.

*The main thing I remember about the live show was that Grayson McCouch was on the show at the time, he gave really bizarre line readings while on the phone. He was good on ATWT, but just not a good fit on GH.

Edited by Auntie Velvet

Oh wow, now I remember that infamous hilarious moment from Grayson McCouch. Not exactly what it was, but just...something. Some laugh?

And here's Sonny, with his long stutter pause. As usual. 🙄

I miss Nik.

• Love 1

Watching these clips, I think it was the way he pronounced Carlos Rivera. Not that other people didn't do the same thing, but his was pretty hilariously awful.

And wow, the horrendous acting in these clips. Roger ad libs way too much.

• Love 1

Do you suppose Carly even visits her still-hospitalized baby?  "Eh, I have a photo on my phone, isn't that enough?".

How awful for Carly that Sasha turned out to be a liar.  Look in the mirror, Carly.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Ava was bringing the Scotch to console Nina but yeah, it was very short. Then she went to the Metro Court to drink (like everyone who hates Julian going to Charlie's) and the scene with Laura.

I just know that Michael is foung to save Sasha. He's a hero!

On 10/17/2019 at 4:33 PM, perkie1968 said:

If Julian has decided to stay and keep the bar, than he has to give Olivia his deposit back.  Olivia doesn't get the bar and doesn't get her money, while Julian gets the bar and her money.  That ain't right.  Just saying

I don't understand why Julian can't get a mortgage to pay Olivia back. Or borrow from Ava. It can't be that much money.

Olivia strikes me as the kind of woman who can do her own shakedown.  Or get her husband businessman Ned Quartermain to do it. She doesn't need her baby daddy of 35 years to do it.

On 10/17/2019 at 6:13 AM, sunnyface said:

Granted the timing was wrong, but why was Lulu in the wrong with telling nuNina about the fraud being perpetrated against her daughter's stepmom?

I was referring to Lulu continuing to demand punishment at Kelly's days later. Maxie told her that her demand for justice was about her own feelings of wanting Valentin to be punished and not an anger on behalf of Nina.

I wish Nik would hurry up and come back. Now we've got three men presumably dead but waiting to come back (Nik, Morgan and Drew) while Kiki is definitely dead.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

Watching these clips, I think it was the way he pronounced Carlos Rivera. Not that other people didn't do the same thing, but his was pretty hilariously awful.

I was definitely "Carlos Rivvvvvera," but also just before that when he's saying "Jake! The Mech-an-ic?"

• Love 1
11 hours ago, ciarra said:

How awful for Carly that Sasha turned out to be a liar.  Look in the mirror, Carly.

Apparently it's OK to actually be someone's daughter, not tell them, AND steal their husband because you're pissed you were given up for adoption by a 16-yr-old prostitute and not raised in a whorehouse, but it's NOT OK to pretend to be someone's daughter and love them despite the fact they're kinda crazy-pants. - Carly's Book of Rules.

I'm stunned lightning hasn't struck her when she goes into one of these self-righteous, lack of self-awareness monologues.

• Love 10
On 10/18/2019 at 11:03 PM, tvgoddess said:

Yeah, but at least he's assured enough with the demands of the scenes that he can. Some of the others act as though it's the first practice run of pedaling a unicycle down a high-wire. 

I missed this show at the time, and watching this sampling, I thought the two who would do best on the stage are Howarth and, surprisingly, the other RH, Becky Herbst. I like her generally, but watching her in this flail-fest, I'm impressed with how focused she is. Budig isn't bad either in the brief bit there is of her.  

Billy Miller and Mo looked very trim in 2015.  

Edited by Asp Burger

Why is Carly defending Nina so much? When were they ever friends?

JL as Ryan is just brilliant. He was so excellent on Friday's show. Not hammy, just very natural with his obsession. He's so fascinating.

I liked the Ava/Laura scenes. She was trying to reach her on an equal level of a fellow mother who has lost her child. If Ava had the ability to see Avery more than she is allowed, she might not be quite so broken. But god knows we can't have that.

Wait, how did Sabrina take advantage of Michael being a white knight? Is Carly just talking out of her ass or are these scenes I've blocked from memory also?

Oooh, my Jiblings! J'adore.

Sam: Will you tell the kids I love them?

Danny and Scout: Who?

And I just can't with her hair.

• Love 4