Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I think the new Nikolas looks too young to be Nikolas. 

As always, I will rail against the makeup people. KeMo and the Cassandra actress without makeup makes the makeup department look really incompetent. Nothing annoys me more than seeing KeMo with that runny eyeliner. The makeup they slatter on her makes her look older. And I don't know what the hell they do to her hair, but it looked better since Sam has been in prison. So I guess a jail cell suits her better than being on the outside.

STFU, Nina! You deserve whatever you get.

I can't with the teen scene. I wasn't emo like this when I was that age. Trina, love you, girl, but you can do so much better than Dev. I'd rather see her interact with any adult than Dev and Joss.

• Love 4

ER though was a tad bit older than probably should have been hired when they were recasting. On top of that she (imo) looked a bit older than her age although now I would say her age has caught up with her looks.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Molly is definitely the only one who could tackle the word "diagnostician" ( sp?)

ugh nina OVERACTING and growling again. Comical.

Re: jordan - i just wish the actress would lighten up the eyebrow/eye area. Too shadowy. Ages her.

A teacher chaperone and his bubble-brained girlfriend making out at the school dance. God i hate lulu and now this stupid teacher too.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 4

Y&R did a fun Halloween thing today. I missed the beginning, but the main characters all had over the top dreams that tapped in to their deepest fears. Some were actually pretty scary and some were cheesy funny.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think the new Nikolas looks too young to be Nikolas. 

As always, I will rail against the makeup people. KeMo and the Cassandra actress without makeup makes the makeup department look really incompetent. Nothing annoys me more than seeing KeMo with that runny eyeliner. The makeup they slatter on her makes her look older. And I don't know what the hell they do to her hair, but it looked better since Sam has been in prison. So I guess a jail cell suits her better than being on the outside.

STFU, Nina! You deserve whatever you get.

I can't with the teen scene. I wasn't emo like this when I was that age. Trina, love you, girl, but you can do so much better than Dev. I'd rather see her interact with any adult than Dev and Joss.

I thought Kelly looked rough last week without the make up and the hair done up the way it was, maybe it was the incessant attempt at crying and being around Jason (who btw had on tons of make up yesterday) too that made her look that way but with her hair down yes today she looks much better.

But I also think they're at least putting on foundation and it's not completely make up free.

Edited by Hater
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Okaaay. So who is the actor that is playing the second third fourth recast Nikolas Cassadine?

Marcus Coloma. He has several credits, none of which I’ve seen. He’s ~6 years younger than TC but the closeness of TC’s and GF’s ages always bugged me. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Captanne said:

Cameron actually looks a little like Sid Vicious to me (from Sid & Nancy).

I bumped into Sid Vicious, as well as Nancy, a bunch of times when I used to hang out in NYC back in the Punk days,  I was staying at the Chelsea Hotel for a few days when they were living there.  I can see a resemblance to Cam and the actor that played Sid in the movie, real Sid was a lot rougher around the edges. 

It would've been better if Cam and Joss were supposed to be Sid and Nancy instead of whatever they were. I read somewhere they were supposed to be dressed like they were in the movie Grease. 

• Love 1

Haven't seen today yet, but from the picture of NuNik I'd say at least he looks like he could be Stavros's son.

Forgot my honest chuckle yesterday:

Finn to Molly: "Schedule your flu shot."

Molly: "Already got it."

Alexis: "Of course she did."

I do love the consistency of making Molly the most responsible person in Port Charles.  Also, having her costume be RBG was a stroke of brilliance, as the character couldn't be more on brand.

• Love 14

All I want is for Nikolas to vomit into a wastebasket when he finds out Elizabeth is married to Franco. Even if an hour later he starts talking about how great Franco is for Liz.

• Love 7
Just now, ulkis said:

All I want is for Nikolas to vomit into a wastebasket when he finds out Elizabeth is married to Franco. Even if an hour later he starts talking about how great Franco is for Liz.

Did Nik have much interaction with him during his last run?

43 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Helena never whined and cried about no one in town liking her.

True. She never cared about the plebeians.

But Ava is the one closest to her flair.  and she owns her mistakes with a flair. I'm tired of Hayden doing "poor me".  Yes, you shouldn't have kept Finn from his daughter but it's done, it's over, and stop acting like you want to crawl into a hole.

53 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

When Cameron asked his mother if it was okay for him to go to the Halloween dance with Trina, Joss and Dev, she said yes because Jake and Aiden are "spending the night at Aunt Bobbie's."  I guess that means Bobbie took the two boys off Laura's hands.

No, earlier than that. It was in the courtroom.

29 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm so disappointed that they're going with a Cameron/Joss/Dev triangle. Cameron and Trina deserve better.

Catching up on earlier episodes, did Col. Tad Sanders rent a military costume? The one Drew had was either destroyed because he went AWOL and there was no next of kin, or belongs to Scout.

Carly saying that Alexis wants to be Sam;s lawyer but Sam is right to pick Diane is typical Carly. She wouldn't know professional ethics if she tripped over it.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Okay, he's kinda cute. And looks close enough to Tyler, that I can accept him. Hey. He's much better than that Stephen conman whatever person.

33 minutes ago, mbluecpa said:

Marcus Coloma. He has several credits, none of which I’ve seen. He’s ~6 years younger than TC but the closeness of TC’s and GF’s ages always bugged me. 

Well, Laura was barely 21 when Stavros kidnapped her and forced her to marry him. Nik was born within a year, so I have no problem with age differences, or lack thereof.

24 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

It would've been better if Cam and Joss were supposed to be Sid and Nancy instead of whatever they were. I read somewhere they were supposed to be dressed like they were in the movie Grease. 

What Grease movie? Certainly NOT the ICONIC one with Olivia and John! Because NO WAY IN HELL did Joss look anything like Sandy. Not even close.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Cameron and Trina deserve better.

Especially since both of them have a boatload of chemistry.  And she seems to be there for him all the time whereas Joss is there when she remembers and is finished talking about herself.  

Was it just me or was there something between Dev and Cam on Dev's part?  He pulled back from the Trina kiss saying he was too busy for romance and she asked if there was someone else.  I assumed they were implying that he's interested in Joss, but then when Cam dropped the bowl of candy and they bent down together, I thought maybe Dev's interested in Cam and not Joss.  If not, than the actor was accidentally giving off a vibe there.  Or I've had too much to drink from my Coke bottle of whiskey!!!

New Nik is a cutie, but I have to say that I was disapointed it wasn't Tyler or even Nik Stabile.  Lets see how much chemistry there is between him and Ava.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

h the little girl playing Violet. 

Can u believe it, I have yet to see Violet! I t recorded the 2nd half of today so maybe...

Maybe Cam was the Fonz, so Dev should have been Chachi

• LOL 1
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

NO WAY IN HELL did Joss look anything like Sandy. Not even close.

I thought she was supposed to be just a regular 80s valley girl (sort of the Madonna/Cindy Lauper 80s look)

1 minute ago, Blackie said:

Can u believe it, I have yet to see Violet! I t recorded the 2nd half of today so maybe...

She wasn't on today, though she was on yesterday, if you can find it on youtube.  

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Hater said:

Do the writers think we are to believe Sam knows what the Hague is?

It's an old witch, right?

Jordan, there are no guarantees in life. Molly and TJ might break up in 10 years, is that any better than breaking up after three? Let them live their lives. Mistakes get made all the time.

I enjoyed Cassandra giving Sam a hard time. 

• Love 3

So now badass Sam is frightened of a frailer, older looking cellmate? Didn't she use to beat up huge goons that were after her and Jason? I hope she has a nervous breakdown and leaves Jason. 

Nik looked so young at first glance, I was hoping against hope that Ava was gonna say.... "Spencer?!" But whatever, I am glad to have Nik back. 

If this Nina ends up with Jax, that will be agonizing.

• Love 12

Hey, Jordan is just worried that TJ will neglect his relationship for his career, cheat on Molly with her best friend and have a kid and then end up married to Kristina.  Obviously this is reasonable.

Projecting your own issues and mistakes onto your children is lame Jordan.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

So now badass Sam is frightened of a frailer, older looking cellmate?

She should sneeze on Cassandra since she's supposed to be a hypochondriac. But I'm thinking the writers forgot about that.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

The costume party didn't last long for some people.

4 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I love how Lulu goes from making out with Josslyn's teacher where Joss and other kids can clearly see them, to being shocked/scandalized that Joss was getting drunk while she was keeping Dustin from monitoring the kids. 

Lulu has never been the sharpest tool in the shed.

Why isn't Sasha ratting out Valentin? How much abuse from Nina is she going to take? Just tell her. 

Nik might have revealed himself to Ava, but I wonder how long it will take him to show himself to the rest of town. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Okay, he's kinda cute. And looks close enough to Tyler, that I can accept him. Hey. He's much better than that Stephen conman whatever person.

Well, Laura was barely 21 when Stavros kidnapped her and forced her to marry him. Nik was born within a year, so I have no problem with age differences, or lack thereof.

What Grease movie? Certainly NOT the ICONIC one with Olivia and John! Because NO WAY IN HELL did Joss look anything like Sandy. Not even close.

RIGHT?!?!?!? I read in one of those internet spoiler things I've never heard of before that Joss and Cam were going dressed as characters from THE ACTUAL MOVIE GREASE!!!!! I mean, blonde hair is the only thing I could see if I squinted hard enough, but SANDY? Not in any way, in any universe. Not Good Girl Sandy, not cool leather jacket wearing Sandy, no nope uh uh negative!  

I don't know if that's on the writers or wardrobe but that was a big fail. 

And can we not do the alcoholic high schoolers please? Don't do that to young actors, make them play drunk.... even seasoned actors have trouble sometimes playing drunk.

Another GH Halloween, bad costumes and bad plot, just like every day at GH.

True story, senior year HS a bunch of the school dressed in 50s era clothes,  usual long skirts ponytails saddle shoes , and I came as Pinky Tuscadaro, Fonzie's babe, I wore super short cut offs, a.pink button up man's shirt and white kinda biker/gogo boots and I already had a.biker jacket. It was awesome lol

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

RIGHT?!?!?!? I read in one of those internet spoiler things I've never heard of before that Joss and Cam were going dressed as characters from THE ACTUAL MOVIE GREASE!!!!! I mean, blonde hair is the only thing I could see if I squinted hard enough, but SANDY? Not in any 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

ER though was a tad bit older than probably should have been hired when they were recasting. On top of that she (imo) looked a bit older than her age although now I would say her age has caught up with her looks.

Yeah how old is Lulu supposed to be now? I know they age adults sometimes. But she was a teenager during my teen years watching the show. I'm pretty sure we graduated the same year. And I'm 30 this year. So Lulu should be around there. Although ER is in her late 30s. 

And I feel bad for Trina! She's great. It sucks if they have Dev and Cam wanting Joss. Ugh

I was wondering if the preview indicated that Ava was waking up from a dream. Maybe she just dreamed that she actually confronted the man in the mask at the gallery. And maybe the painting will be gone when she gets up.

2 hours ago, Hater said:

Do the writers think we are to believe Sam knows what the Hague is?

She doesn't quite get it. Cassandra said that she's wanted for crimes on two continents as well as Port Charles and then she mentioned The Hague. To which Sam replied "The Hague? But that's international!"

So still not the sharpest tool in the Cassadine drawer. Thank goodness for Molly.

Is Nina going to dump Valentin when Nik takes the fortune back?

• Love 3

I think Lulu is supposed to be around mid-30s, although her license did say she was 31, in keeping with the last time they mentioned her age (18 in 2006). But eeeh.

Maybe Nikolas was in a coma for a while.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Why isn't Sasha ratting out Valentin? How much abuse from Nina is she going to take? Just tell her. 

Sasha is stupid. She doesn't have two brain cells to rub together. Her Captain Marvel makes her look even more pathetic. She's no damn Carol Danvers. 

Sasha has all the badassry of dish rag.

The women on this show are just a sad collection of what not to be.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

How could she possibly be someone from Grease when she was dressed like someone from the 80's? Cam maybe. But she was either Madonna or like someone at an 80's party, which is what I had read.

2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Nik looked so young at first glance, I was hoping against hope that Ava was gonna say.... "Spencer?!" But whatever, I am glad to have Nik back.

It's not like Ava hasn't gone for someone 20 years younger than her before.

46 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Sasha is stupid. She doesn't have two brain cells to rub together. Her Captain Marvel makes her look even more pathetic. She's no damn Carol Danvers. 

Sasha has all the badassry of dish rag.

The women on this show are just a sad collection of what not to be.

The men are no better.

• Love 3

Joss wasn't a character from Grease, Sandy or otherwise.  She had on neon and leg warmers--she was an '80's girl.

NuNik is hot and looks passably like Tyler.  Plus, I know the show is bursting with too many characters, but that's one that should be on the canvas, so I'm hoping he's good.

Sam: "I'm surprised you're still alive to even make it to prison."  Oooooh, big talk when you're threatening your robot of a husband or Sonny on people, you insipid snooze.

• Love 4

Geez Jordan, project much? TJ and Molly are old enough to make their own decisions without interference from you. If they grow apart 10 or 15 years down the road, then they figure things out. It's not the end of the world. And how the hell do you know if they both want children?

Chase wasn't kidding when he said he got the charm out of that family, because Finn has zero.

God, Sam is so pathetic. When did she turn into this simpering wimp? If she's going to be Jason's ride or die, I expected better from her. But she's boring and lame. Unacceptable combination.

Poor, deluded Trina. You can do so much better. She's the only one with her head on her shoulders out of that group. Hell yes with her "Your loss. There's no accounting for taste." And even Drunk Joss is boring with rambling on about Oscar. At least they're finally acting like teens now though. They were the most boring foursome ever. But they're the worst at hiding their drinking even more. Like Donna Martin at Beverly Hills 90210 prom bad.

Aw, Jax considers Hayden a friend. I thought that was sweet. She's left the decision up to Finn now as far as how much he wants to be involved. Ball's in his court.

Ava and NuNik have the potential to be the one couple that can actually hold my interest. We'll see how it goes from here.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

I bumped into Sid Vicious, as well as Nancy, a bunch of times when I used to hang out in NYC back in the Punk days,  I was staying at the Chelsea Hotel for a few days when they were living there.  I can see a resemblance to Cam and the actor that played Sid in the movie, real Sid was a lot rougher around the edges. 

What an AMAZING story!  I was a punk wannabe in college; mohawk, black army boots, torn clothes, the whole thing -- of course I was an upper middle class white kid at Vanderbilt and looked ridiculous but it was important to ME.  LOL  So, "Sid & Nancy" was a great film for me to watch -- that's Gary Oldman you're speaking of and exactly what I envisioned Cameron was going for.

But 1950's Olivia Newton John and John Travolta?  Nope.  Didn't get that at all out of their costumes.  It was the first time I thought Cameron's wardrobe suited his character, though -- and I mean that in a flattering way.  I like the actor and I think he does very well in a sort of crumby role.  ("Myeeeeeeeeee boyyyyzzzzzzzzzz!"  UGH.  Knitting needles in my ears, now please.)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

the new guy is 41

Seriously???? From the brief glimpse we got yesterday I thought he was 25 lol! Maybe 30. But he is cute so let's see if he can act 🙂

ETA: Nice to know Sam has access to a blow dryer and her choice of styling tools in Pentonville. Her hair looks better in prison than on the outside!

Edited by Sake614
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Maura's 47 and the new guy is 41 so there isn't that big of an age differerence.  

Right, I know. I was saying that there isn't a big difference so it shouldn't be any big deal at all. Some people seemed to be making a big thing out of it.

This entire Kendra thing is so stupid. This story was put to bed years ago, her brother was an abuser, it was an accident, etc. etc. Has she just been biding her time for 10 years? I hope Molly figures out what's going on and cracks the case. 

• Love 4

Oh God-- I just realized that Joss dressing like an 80's girl is like me dressing like a 50's girl in poodle skirt, saddle shoes and sweater set. (which I did)

Now I feel old.

Also, I know it's a soap-- but who does couple costumes this early in a relationship (looking at YOU Lulu and Mark Lawson) I mean, Willow & Chase live together, as do Nina and Valentine. Not even Michael and Sasha coordinated costumes. 

and I wonder if Nicholas is back then Spencer will be coming back as well. And will the kid be recast-- since he used to be a rival to Cam for Emma's affections, and Joss was an afterthought.

(I know someone likes the actor who plays Spencer-- but its weird that he's not aging at the same rate as the kids who were his contemporaries)

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

Right, I know. I was saying that there isn't a big difference so it shouldn't be any big deal at all. Some people seemed to be making a big thing out of it.

This entire Kendra thing is so stupid. This story was put to bed years ago, her brother was an abuser, it was an accident, etc. etc. Has she just been biding her time for 10 years? I hope Molly figures out what's going on and cracks the case. 

I have no issues with it. While the actors are close in age, are the characters? I mean, is Maura playing older than her actual age? Again, I don't give a flying figgy doodle.

This story line of Kendra wanting revvvvvvvennnnnnngggge against the EVUHL Alexis that "killed" her brother is BEYOND STOOPID. I HATE story lines, where family members seem to be blind to their brother/sister/son/daughter/husband/wife's, blah, blah sociopathic/abusive ways, and are the WORST enablers. And what little I'm seeing of Kendra, she's acting as if Keifer was an innocent little lamb. UGH. Was she out of the country/away in boarding school, so that she didn't know what a pompous, arrogant piece of shit her brother was? Even before the abuse, he was an asshole to EVERYONE.

20 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

and I wonder if Nicholas is back then Spencer will be coming back as well. And will the kid be recast-- since he used to be a rival to Cam for Emma's affections, and Joss was an afterthought.

(I know someone likes the actor who plays Spencer-- but its weird that he's not aging at the same rate as the kids who were his contemporaries)

That would be quite awkward--that all were SORAS'd except for Emma and Spencer himself. It's HACKFRANK who luuuuurrrrrves the actor who plays marble-mouthed Spencer.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
19 hours ago, statsgirl said:
21 hours ago, ulkis said:

Helena never whined and cried about no one in town liking her.

True. She never cared about the plebeians.

Helena could take Carly's "YOU KILLED...." in your face and scoff without batting an eyebrow. And Sonny whispering, "I. Will. Make. You. Disappear" will be interrupted by Sonny disappearing in mid-stammer.

Helena has power and wealth, plus the ability to issue a Cassadine Curse. Not even JaSam and Spinelli could hack that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1