Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Just now, ouinason said:

I'm not sure?  before the reception I think maybe?  I swear it came up.  I know the Laura call about Cameron happened for sure because we talked about how BS it was when it aired, but the other ones were passing mentions I think.  I could be wrong.

I think you're right about the Laura call but otherwise we haven't heard about him calling for years. But maybe we are supposed to think he is because they have shown Laura talking to him every once in a while.

• Love 1

Either way, that's not parenting, and he's been given WAY more of a pass about it than Frisco ever was.  Like, so far we haven't had Cam or Aiden call anyone else dad or anything like that.  

I worry about what edit Dante will get with the absentee parenting.  Like, will he be in treatment for years and never call or write?  Will he stay in touch?  Will he get better and have Roco visit?  We don't know yet, but I worry.

• Love 1

I mean, as much as it annoys me about Lucky and whoever else, the bottom line is I find it hard to blame a character for anything they (don't) do when they're not on the show. They are technically not a character on the show anymore.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Also, yes, Lucky has been generally non-existant for his children since he left when Aiden was a baby.  There was that one mention of him Skyping back in the day, but beyond that nada.  I doubt seriously Aiden has ever met Lucky in person in his memory.  But... Lucky has actually been mentioned several times since Franco and Liz have been together/got married.  He Skypes and calls the kids, he talked to Laura about Cameron when the brain fry happened (and she told him "no worries, everything's fine, the kids don't need you to come see them" which is fucking stupid)

After the mention of Lucky Skyping with Cam and Aiden, Lucky brought Jake home. Lucky then had a brief chat with Aiden (played by the same child actor who plays Aiden now) on Elizabeth's couch. The chat with Aiden was clearly meant to be a follow-up to the last Skype conversation.

Since then, nothing. He called Laura back recently when she was frantic to find out if he was okay after talking to the psychic. But I believe she told him everything was fine there in Port Charles, and did not mention Cameron getting kidnapped or Franco taking Cam's place. Are we supposed to think she told Lucky about it in that conversation but it happened off-screen?

• Love 2

If Laura didn't see fit to mention that his son had been kidnapped and then nearly turned into a braindead asshole that's soooo stupid.

I generally agree with @ulkis about off screen being non issue, except when children are concerned.  As they have proven with Jax, it's not that hard.  It's even useful as a way to get a kid off scree to have them visit or move to live with off screen parents, so IDK why they don't bother more often.

Edited by ouinason
  • Love 1

Catching up from last week and I’m wondering if there was any significance to Kendra dumping that protein jar in the dumpster behind Charlies. Could she be trying to set Julian up to take the fall for poisoning Alexis? They showed Kendra doing research on Alexis when she first came on the show and I’m assuming Julian trying to kill her would come up so he would seem like a likely suspect on paper anyway. 

• Useful 1

Could she be trying to set Julian up to take the fall for poisoning Alexis?

I don't think Kendra has much of a shelf-life.  This seems to be yet another shot at the Jeromes.  Meanwhile, nothing but cartoon bluebirds and additional generations for the Corinthos.. .

• LOL 2

So, there is this Kendra person on the canvas but no Kristina? I guess that would be too easy. Sometimes this show makes no sense. While it's great seeing Molly I think Kristina should be in this storyline. Also, it would be another person not knowing Sam's in jail.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Catching up from last week and I’m wondering if there was any significance to Kendra dumping that protein jar in the dumpster behind Charlies. Could she be trying to set Julian up to take the fall for poisoning Alexis?

I think that was the nearest dumpster; I don't think Kendra is trying to set up Julian. There's no reason he'd want to poison Alexis—they're on decent terms these days. 

This story is so dumb. And incredibly boring.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

So, there is this Kendra person on the canvas but no Kristina? I guess that would be too easy. Sometimes this show makes no sense. While it's great seeing Molly I think Kristina should be in this storyline. Also, it would be another person not knowing Sam's in jail.

Is Lexi Ainsworth filming something else? I can't remember if we've seen her since the ep where she and Alexis were working out together. With everything that has happened since then, I'd like some reaction from her about his death and Sam's arrest. Shouldn't she have some reaction to Daisy staying loyal to him? It's just more proof that the storyline was more about propping Sam, which is too bad, since Kristina was central to the story in the beginning. It would have been interesting to see her struggle with getting over DoD more.

• Love 4

Also, (again because I left to live on the BARGE), even when Tyler's Nikolas "died" thus putting the blame for the "murder" on Billy's Jason, I don't EVER recall Nik wearing that fugly-ASS Cassadine ring! And now, ever since we saw "the hand" that reached out to Cassandra, he's been wearing it, like some deposed monarch; as if the RING signifies WHO he is and WHY he's so Impohtant! Give me a fucking break. Where is Stephen Nichols's Stefan when I need him?

And then the shower, then showing the viewers how he slipped it back on. Again, it's all very hokey, cheesy, and makes it appear that we've never seen Nikolas on this show before.

So very, very, very, very 🙄🙄🙄

And I'm blaming all you guuuuys! All the mentions of JJ Lucky and Geary--I dreamed about the latter last night!

• Love 2

Finally caught up with several episodes and Friday’s was a nice payoff with great scenes with Laura/Ava and Elizabeth/Hayden. Given the dearth of female friendships on the show it was great to see these. I hope they stick with Laura/Ava as GF and MW can really bring it.

• Love 7

Sasha's speech pattern is bugging the bejeezus out of me.   She says a few words, stops, says a few more, pauses, speaks again.   Over and over.  The actress can't deliver her lines without that halting, glitchy way of talking.

• Love 4

If so, let's hope for a recast.   That version of Spencer has worn out its welcome.  Plus he's Joss' and Cam's age, more or less, and NB (are those the right initials?) looked way too young last time he was on.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

If so, let's hope for a recast.   That version of Spencer has worn out its welcome.  Plus he's Joss' and Cam's age, more or less, and NB (are those the right initials?) looked way too young last time he was on.

Cam was older than Spencer who was older than Joss.  Then they were all the same age.  Then Spenser was younger.  It's not that he looks too young, the character is younger. I saw a scene with all three of them in the Corrinthos living room and it didn't seem like any of them were trying to pretend he was the same age.

Edited by Katy M
53 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Sasha's speech pattern is bugging the bejeezus out of me.   She says a few words, stops, says a few more, pauses, speaks again.   Over and over.  The actress can't deliver her lines without that halting, glitchy way of talking.

Plus the vocal fry. Awful.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

I really hate to bring this up but...if Nik is returning, does that mean Spencer will be returning as well?

Nikolas' lines today made it seem like the Show is getting ready to bring Spencer back, although I'll guess not until Christmas or early 2020. I hope Hayden gets some blowback from Elizabeth once Nikolas is revealed. She's been telling Elizabeth she wants to be a family/how she wants to be close sisters, while withholding information from her all this time both about having a daughter and that Elizabeth's close friend/ex-lover is most sincerely not dead. After everyone that Elizabeth has lost, that's just really cold. Hayden is coming off as a truly selfish to the core woman. She and the nuNik actor give off a decent frenemies vibe. He definitely looks like he could be the son of Stavros and related to ex-Nik/TC. Had he not been introduced as Nikolas but seen lurking on the Show, I would peg him as previously unknown second son of Stavros (i.e. some years after Laura got away from the Cassadines, Stavros got another woman pregnant, then the woman realized he was crazypants and found a way to disappear). 

Genie Francis is such an MVP! I loved seeing Laura being real with first Julian and then Sonny. I really love how she responded to the "When did you become Team Ava" asshat line. I  can't figure out if that last look in his eyes indicates that maybeeee Laura got him to feel a glimmer of shame.

Here's hoping the first ever Carly and Lucas lovefest means the Wiley/Jonah storyline is wrapping up before Christmas. Scenes like that one are usually a set up for the two characters to soon be on opposite sides. Am I supposed to feel bad for Brad that Julian is threatening him? Because I really, really, don't. I liked that a text related to Brad's true deception that Brad wouldn't let Lucas see was the final straw for the Brucas scene. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 8

Yeah NuNik looks too young. First Jason/Drew now him. 

Maybe Michael can leave town and mom's bosom for 6 months instead of hoping Sasha doesn't have to leave.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Wait, let me see if I've got this straight. So Ava:

--Was unspeakably violated by Ryan in a hundred different ways.

--Continues to be harassed by Ryan via letters, which no one can stop.

--Was physically followed by Nikolas, which everyone around her wrote off as paranoia.

--Discovered Nikolas was alive and was immediately discredited as being delusional (thanks for that, Nik, your return sure is going swell so far).

--Checks herself into Shadybrook to cope with her numerous traumas.

And after ALL OF THAT, Laura has to stand there in front of Sonny and plead for him to show Ava one sliver of compassion and to please not reduce this woman even further by stripping her access to her only living child. Fuckin' unreal that Laura has to spell out to Sonny that she's not so much Team Ava as she is Team Treat People with Kindness, and maybe he should give that a whirl for once instead of capitalizing on the lowest point of Ava's life.

• Love 21
19 minutes ago, Linny said:

Wait, let me see if I've got this straight. So Ava:

--Was unspeakably violated by Ryan in a hundred different ways.

--Continues to be harassed by Ryan via letters, which no one can stop.

--Was physically followed by Nikolas, which everyone around her wrote off as paranoia.

--Discovered Nikolas was alive and was immediately discredited as being delusional (thanks for that, Nik, your return sure is going swell so far).

--Checks herself into Shadybrook to cope with her numerous traumas.

And after ALL OF THAT, Laura has to stand there in front of Sonny and plead for him to show Ava one sliver of compassion and to please not reduce this woman even further by stripping her access to her only living child. Fuckin' unreal that Laura has to spell out to Sonny that she's not so much Team Ava as she is Team Treat People with Kindness, and maybe he should give that a whirl for once instead of capitalizing on the lowest point of Ava's life.

It's all lost on him, unfortunately. He doesn't know the meaning of the word kindness. And in regards to Ryan, he'd say she deserved it for being so stupid to get involved with him in the first place.

But the whole let's gang up even more on the woman who has mental issues right now by the town mob kingpin turned Pa Walton is entirely and unspeakably gross. 

• Love 13
30 minutes ago, Linny said:

This is MOOBY we're talking about. I think the last time this midgety Michael Corleone wannabe (he WISHES!) had any compassion that wasn't made all about him, was when JJ's Lucky first "died" and he was kind to Liz.

9 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

It's all lost on him, unfortunately. He doesn't know the meaning of the word kindness. And in regards to Ryan, he'd say she deserved it for being so stupid to get involved with him in the first place.

But the whole let's gang up even more on the woman who has mental issues right now by the town mob kingpin turned Pa Walton is entirely and unspeakably gross. 

Word.

And while Nina was screeching last week about how her "DAAAAWWWWWWWWTER WAS STTTTTOOOOOOOOLEN" from her, or whatever, I wish someone would have thrown in her face, maybe it's what she deserved for ripping Avery (it was Avery, wasn't it?) from Ava's womb. And not for nothing, it's not like Sasha moirdered her supposed child. What's stopping her from trying to hire more PIs to begin the search anew?

Lord. How I wish HELENA would rise from the dead and return to PC. Constance Towers makes everything better.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And while Nina was screeching last week about how her "DAAAAWWWWWWWWTER WAS STTTTTOOOOOOOOLEN" from her, or whatever, I wish someone would have thrown in her face, maybe it's what she deserved for ripping Avery (it was Avery, wasn't it?) from Ava's womb. And not for nothing, it's not like Sasha moirdered her supposed child. What's stopping her from trying to hire more PIs to begin the search anew?

Yes, it was Avery. What's stopping her is that it appears she knows she can't trust Valentin and wants to take action (see: moment she was observing Valentin and Liesl conspiring). Also, the daughter she really wants is little Charlotte. If she has two brain cells to rub together, she'll work with Curtis to gather evidence of Valentin's deception and crimes, participate in sending Valentin to prison, and then work out a deal with Lulu to co-parent Charlotte. She has no proof at the moment that her child survived, and even if she did find the now adult child, it would take a lot of work to force that adult child to adore her. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

Sonny's had mental issues himself, so why can't he be a little more understanding?  Oh yeah, never mind...

So much this! Not long ago was an entire storyline with Sonny stuttering about how taking Charlotte.Uh huh. your mental illness and getting help shows strength of character and nowhe's thinking of using that against Ava. Suck-start a shotgun, Sonny.

2 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Yes, it was Avery. What's stopping her is that it appears she knows she can't trust Valentin and wants to take action (see: moment she was observing Valentin and Liesl conspiring). Also, the daughter she really wants is little Charlotte. If she has two brain cells to rub together, she'll work with Curtis to gather evidence of Valentin's deception and crimes, participate in sending Valentin to prison, and then work out a deal with Lulu to co-parent Charlotte. She has no proof at the moment that her child survived, and even if she did find the now adult child, it would take a lot of work to force that adult child to adore her. 

Uh huh. Lulu has already shown that she wants to keep Nina on Charlotte's life. She has also shown to be one of the few people Nina can trust. That should be her current plan, but the writers are stupid and write Nina even stupider.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:
8 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

If she has two brain cells to rub together, she'll work with Curtis to gather evidence of Valentin's deception and crimes, participate in sending Valentin to prison, and then work out a deal with Lulu to co-parent Charlotte. She has no proof at the moment that her child survived, and even if she did find the now adult child, it would take a lot of work to force that adult child to adore her. 

Uh huh. Lulu has already shown that she wants to keep Nina on Charlotte's life. She has also shown to be one of the few people Nina can trust. That should be her current plan, but the writers are stupid and write Nina even stupider.

Yeah, Lulu would be so grateful to have Valentin out of her life that she'd probably invite Nina to move in (only half kidding).

22 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

Sonny's had mental issues himself, so why can't he be a little more understanding? 

But, see, that's DIFFERENT.  Sonny's bipolar is a chemical imbalance.  Ava and anyone else is because they're weak.

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

Sonny's had mental issues himself, so why can't he be a little more understanding?  Oh yeah, never mind...

This is rage blackout material for me, made worse by the fact that MB has spoken out about mental health issues himself. 

31 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

If she has two brain cells to rub together, she'll work with Curtis to gather evidence of Valentin's deception and crimes, participate in sending Valentin to prison, and then work out a deal with Lulu to co-parent Charlotte. 

I swear that after Ava left her office (from trying to reclaim her scotch), Nina had a glimmer in her eye that suggested she might be playing Valentin. Wishful thinking, I know. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Not happy to see Julian back in thug mode. That didn't take long. Surely he knows that if Nelle finds out her friend Brad is out of the picture, she will be MORE likely to claim Noah, not less. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, mbluecpa said:

I swear that after Ava left her office (from trying to reclaim her scotch), Nina had a glimmer in her eye that suggested she might be playing Valentin. Wishful thinking, I know. 

Yes, I saw Ava's faint smirk that maybe Nina was indicating she's got a plan, and then the way Nina was speaking about Spencer's "congrats on dumping Valentin"gift once Valentin had left her office. The way she spoke to Curtis in front of Valentin and then watched Valentin and Liesl talking today indicates she is probably playing Valentin (wanting him to lower his guard) but is keeping her thoughts/plan to herself. She looked pained when Curtis walked away, like 'it hurts that he thinks I'm being stupid.' My reaction: Hey dumbass, find a way to have a private conversation with Curtis about how to take Valentin down, somewhere Valentin wouldn't go looking for you. Valentin isn't by your side every second of every day, much as he would like to be. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, mbluecpa said:

Pretty sure she's playing him. They showed her looking at Leisl and Valentin together at the end of the episode. I wasn't so sure when she was shrieking at Sasha, but now I'm pretty convinced that she knows he's lying.

Speaking of shrieking Nina, WTF, Jax! What's with this interest in her? There are other women, but I guess he has a type.

And Sonny can kindly fuck off with this Ava situation. I get that the history between he and Ava is a very nasty one, but a little bit of empathy can go a long way. The whole team Ava quip was so out of line. I wanted to slap him.

• Love 5

So, based on today's conversation, Nik didn't reveal himself to Laura or Spencer because he wants to neutralize Valentin and regain the fortune first.  Also, he let Ava think she was halucinating because she recanted her story, allowing Valentin to get off, because she wanted her facial burns fixed.  Also he and Hayden are still legally married.  

• Love 2

There's something off that I can't quite put my finger on about the Lucas/Brad/Julian stuff.  I think it's mostly that Lucas and Brad just don't have much on an on-screen relationship, and the little they do is Lucas being accusatory of Brad, even before Julian's blackmail started.  And yes, Brad is hiding something from Lucas, but I don't see how we're supposed to be broken up about their relationship being messed with by Julian when we never saw them in happy times.  What do these two love about each other?  I really can't say, and that's a problem.

Also, wouldn't it be more interesting if there was another gay character - not Felix - around who was being framed as the dick pic sender?  Another gay character that was being positioned around now to be there when the boom comes down?

15 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Also [Nikolas and Rebecca Budig] are still legally married.  

I had forgotten they were still married when he fled town and "died".  But wouldn't Nikolas have been declared legally dead in the intervening time and thus their marriage would have no legal basis?

Sorry not sorry, but I would so rather Britt be in the Rebecca Budig slot, that she would want to help provide for Spencer and maybe had info about Valentin through Dr. O she was providing to this operation.  And she could flirt with Jax too. #idreamedadream

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But wouldn't Nikolas have been declared legally dead in the intervening time and thus dissolve that marriage?

Today, Hayden said something like, "it's hard to divorce a dead guy" so no idea how that works.  

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I had forgotten they were still married when he fled town and "died".  But wouldn't Nikolas have been declared legally dead in the intervening time and thus their marriage would have no legal basis?

Based on my experience in watching soaps and soap laws when Nik gets his head out of his ass and reveals to the world that he is alive, the marriage would still be in effect.

• LOL 2

I think nuNik looks like a young Johnny Depp. I like him so far. And, on another shallow note, why does Hayden wear such low cut tops ? She has a small chest, but I'm always thinking something's going to slip out. 🤭

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, Linny said:

Fuckin' unreal that Laura has to spell out to Sonny that she's not so much Team Ava as she is Team Treat People with Kindness, and maybe he should give that a whirl for once instead of capitalizing on the lowest point of Ava's life.

Sonny's an asshole. It's only when he's got trouble that people need to cut him some slack. Everyone else? Deserves whatever they get. Ugh. It's amazing he even listened to Laura in the first place, despite how he feels about her.

3 hours ago, mbluecpa said:
4 hours ago, AuxArx said:

This is rage blackout material for me, made worse by the fact that MB has spoken out about mental health issues himself. 

Sonny is acting entirely in character—and this has nothing to do with his illness—so I don't see MB making a big deal. What he should be insisting on is Sonny's bipolar disorder being shown more realistically. He should not be drinking, he should have regular psychological checkups, etc. We don't see or hear any of that. The show doesn't need to dwell on it, but it doesn't even pay lip-service to proper treatment. 

The Brad/Lucas stuff was so stupid. I don't feel sorry for Brad in the least, as he's acted really badly, but I wish Julian weren't trying to torpedo the relationship.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

There's something off that I can't quite put my finger on about the Lucas/Brad/Julian stuff.  I think it's mostly that Lucas and Brad just don't have much on an on-screen relationship, and the little they do is Lucas being accusatory of Brad, even before Julian's blackmail started. 

For me the thing that's off is that Julian is blackmailing Brad. Julian has as much to lose as Brad does.

3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Surely he knows that if Nelle finds out her friend Brad is out of the picture, she will be MORE likely to claim Noah, not less. 

I don't know. Nelle loves the idea that Michael doesn't know his son is alive.

• Love 3

From the way Nik was talking, saying that Ava deserves to be in Shadybrook because she didn't push that he was murdered by Valentin and thereby set up his secret plan. Between this and lying to Laura and Ava, I'm not feeling Nik much.

Laura, what are you thinking, telling Sonny that Ava is in Shadybrook??? Have you met the man? He's not going to show Ava any sympathy. He's probably on the phone to Diane right now to get sole custody of Avery.

Also Mooby looked terrible with that unshaven chin. Like an old pervert.

I don't understand what Julian is playing at. Other than being very cruel, if Brad is gone and she can't get access to Wylie at all, what's to keep Nelle from taking off with Wylie as soon as she gets parole? She owes Lucas nothing.

7 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

And the physical tics. I find I can't watch her, it's so annoying.

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Today, Hayden said something like, "it's hard to divorce a dead guy" so no idea how that works.  

From my viewing of TV, it seems to be fairly easy.

• Love 1
On 11/3/2019 at 8:08 PM, Ambrosefolly said:

Lucky wasn't trashed because of Franco (but his continued absence is probably to build up the serial killer). 

Again, I must disagree. Lucky being a deadbeat has nothing to do w/Franco because Lucky has been written that way for years. His continued absence was in play BEFORE Franco and Liz started dating. That's my point. How can his continued absence be to prop Franco/Friz when that's just the status quo when it comes to Lucky.  It's not like he was this great and awesome dad until Franco and Liz started dating.

As GV/Lucky fan, Lucky has been a non-factor for me since JJ reprised the role and then left again. I much preferred GV's adult Lucky to JJ's. It didn't help when JJ's Lucky just up and abandoned his kids. For me, JJ's last stint pretty much ruined Lucky. So, Lucky's absence hasn't built up Franco. Lucky was never there! He hasn't been for years. I don't even think about Lucky anymore. The last time I thought about him, he dropped off Jake and then took off again. 

I know a lot of ppl hate Franco, but I just don't see how Lucky's deadbeat status can be laid at his feet. I honestly don't. As a Franco fan, I don't need Franco to be the only father the boys know. I don't need Lucky to be a deadbeat to support Franco and his relationship w/the boys. If Lucky was in the picture, that would be fine w/me, but a long time ago, the writers decided to make Lucky an absentee, deadbeat dad. Who knows why, but it is what it is. All I know is that decision had nothing to do Franco, esp. since Franco wasn't even on the show at the time when that decision was made. And the fact that his absence has continued has nothing to do w/Franco b/c Lucky was still absent when Liz was dating that doctor, Ric, AJ, and Drew. Lucky is just not in the picture. 

• Love 3

Poor Lucas. I hate that he's getting his heart broken, but damn if he doesn't look hot while doing it. And god, poor him that he's getting comfort from Carly of all people.

Julian looks like he wants to fuck Brad.

I love that Liesl hates Finn as much as I do. She's my spirit animal.

Ignoring Nina/Valentin and the stupid Bobbsey twins.

Listening to Laura beg Sonny was bad enough, but thanking him for listening? FOH. Why the fuck is she friends with him?! He's sickening. I hate MB and I hate these writers that cave to him.

I'm going to need to rewatch all of the Jax/Hayden/Nik scenes because my mind is in overdrive picturing naughty things. Really liked the juxtaposition of the now and then. Still trying to see Tyler there, but I'll warm up to MC eventually, considering how many actors tried out for the role.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

There's something off that I can't quite put my finger on about the Lucas/Brad/Julian stuff.  I think it's mostly that Lucas and Brad just don't have much on an on-screen relationship, and the little they do is Lucas being accusatory of Brad, even before Julian's blackmail started.  And yes, Brad is hiding something from Lucas, but I don't see how we're supposed to be broken up about their relationship being messed with by Julian when we never saw them in happy times.  What do these two love about each other?  I really can't say, and that's a problem.

IMO, RC did an excellent job at fleshing these two out, so I can remember why they fell for each other. I really loved their relationship. He was taking them to interesting places w/Brad's marriage to Rosa and his mob family past. I also think the actors have great chemistry. That said, I cannot disagree that under this new regime, Brucas gets  so little screen time that even I - an actual fan of the pairing - couldn't care less about them breaking up. In fact, I wish they'd just get it over with and move on with the story. I'm beyond bored w/anything that has to do w/Jonah. And as a Brad fan, I'm just ready for his fate to be dealt out so I don't have to read/hear about it anymore. 

Brad and Lucas are less than day players, IMO. They show up to move along the plot. Ever since RC left, they have gotten zero development. It's clear the writers do not care about them at all.  They've been featured quite a lot lately over the last two weeks, so I can only assume Michael will soon know about his child. I still see on point in giving Michael a child, but whatever. Michael is strictly FF material for me anyway, and I don't se that changing anytime soon. 

As a Brad fan, I would love to see Brad skipping town and sending Lucas a letter w/a confession. That would be fine w/me.  Now, I know many would hate it b/c most just can't wait to see the hammer brought down on Brad, Michael and Lucas yell at him, and possibly for Sonny to kill him . . . . . but as a fan who thinks he's been given the shaft in this poorly written, recycled, played out story . . . . . I'd be more than fine w/him getting away w/his crime. It's not like he's the first person in PC to steal a baby, but he's probably the only one who will actually get punished for it b/c the writers don't care about his character. LOL! Like Poor Sean, Brad will be sitting in jail for a crime multiple PC residents have committed with impunity. I guess only certain PC residents can steal children or cut babies out of wombs. RME. Whatever. GH is a joke. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 1

Good callback in Laura saying she empathizes with Ava because of her 'wig on a stick' past.  I had actually forgotten all about that.

I also forgot Hayden and Nik were married when he died, so when she said her husband I was like "wait, what?" 

Clearly, The Purge isn't just a horror franchise, but what my brain does with most past GH stories.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

Again, I must disagree. Lucky being a deadbeat has nothing to do w/Franco because Lucky has been written that way for years. His continued absence was in play BEFORE Franco and Liz started dating. That's my point. How can his continued absence be to prop Franco/Friz when that's just the status quo when it comes to Lucky.  It's not like he was this great and awesome dad until Franco and Liz started dating.

His absentee status was never as emphasized though as it is with Franco. Even when she was dating Drew/Jake/Jason when Lucky came to visit Aiden ran to him and they talked about them talking.

I think it doesn't help that they didn't have a one side conversation with Laura where she tells Lucky not to worry, Franco has changed, he's great for Liz. It would make me annoyed lol but at least it would cover the part where Lucky didn't give a crap that the ex serial killer was around Liz and the kids. If Liz was dating a non-serial killer guy it would be annoying for Lucky not to be in contact but I would get how there was no reason for him to call Liz and say "yeah hi just wondering how dating the ex serial killer is doing?"

Just now, ulkis said:

His absentee status was never as emphasized though as it is with Franco. Even when she was dating Drew/Jake/Jason when Lucky came to visit Aiden ran to him and they talked about them talking.

I think it doesn't help that they didn't have a one side conversation with Laura where she tells Lucky not to worry, Franco has changed, he's great for Liz. It would make me annoyed lol but at least it would cover the part where Lucky didn't give a crap that the ex serial killer was around Liz and the kids. If Liz was dating a non-serial killer guy it would be annoying for Lucky not to be in contact but I would get how there was no reason for him to call Liz and say "yeah hi just wondering how dating the ex serial killer is doing?"

I guess I don't see how Lucky's absence is extra emphasized now that she's w/Franco. To me, it all seems the same.  I honestly don't remember him being mentioned much at all during Friz, and that doesn't seem all that different from when she was w/other men. When she was w/Drew, aside from Lucky showing up to drop off Jake, I don't remember the boys talking about him at all. "Jason" was going to be their dad.

With regard to the Skyping - the show has never made that consistent. It was mentioned occasionally and now is never mentioned at all. Over on SoapCentral, there were plenty of debates about whether Lucky was having all of this off-screen contact with the boys. Some believed he was, and others (like myself) believed he wasn't and wrote him off as a deadbeat. 

For me, GV's Lucky was the one written to really care about his boys and want to be a parent to them. I never got that vibe from JJ's Lucky. Like AG, JJ seemed to want Lucky to be free and not tied down to a bunch of kids. So, from how JJ's Lucky was written, I can say I'm not surprised that he didn't ask Laura about Franco's presence in his children's lives. I don't think Lucky actually cares. He knows Liz loves her kids and wouldn't put them in harm's way so he's fine. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, lala2 said:

So, Lucky's absence hasn't built up Franco. Lucky was never there! He hasn't been for years. I don't even think about Lucky anymore. The last time I thought about him, he dropped off Jake and then took off again. 

I know a lot of ppl hate Franco, but I just don't see how Lucky's deadbeat status can be laid at his feet. I honestly don't. As a Franco fan, I don't need Franco to be the only father the boys know. I don't need Lucky to be a deadbeat to support Franco and his relationship w/the boys. If Lucky was in the picture, that would be fine w/me, but a long time ago, the writers decided to make Lucky an absentee, deadbeat dad. Who knows why, but it is what it is. All I know is that decision had nothing to do Franco, 

Franco has been built up in the sense that Lucky's own mother as well as the boys' mother think it's no big deal that he's not around because Franco is such a wonderful stepdad.  During the 'Aiden is being bullied' storyline, Laura mentioned that Lucky could be contacted and Elizabeth said no. She and Franco were handling things. Yet back when Elizabeth was dating AJ, the two of them had a scene with little Aiden and she expressed sadness that she hurt Lucky so badly he left town and so he was not there to be a dad. 

Laura and Luke were devoted to Lucky when he was a little boy, so Laura if written correctly in character would never think it's okay for Lucky to be absent from his sons' lives unless he wound up in an institutional type setting for addiction/mental illness. We are supposed to believe that she's totally cool with Lucky having "fun" wherever he is in Africa, while a "reformed" serial killer is the father figure to her grandsons. When Elizabeth was getting serious with Franco, Laura shrugged it off with, well I used to be married to someone with a dark side, so who am I to judge.  THAT's what I mean by propping.  The writers have Laura  consistently propping Franco as a beloved father (except for when Lulu accused him of stabbing her) while glazing over her own very much alive son's absence. Elizabeth also shows zero concern that her sons don't have a relationship with their actual father because Franco is such a wonderful husband/hero/stepdad.  Yet back when she was in a relationship with Jake/Jason later known as Drew, she did mention being concerned that the boys hadn't Skyped with Lucky lately.  I don't like the Show's blatant narrative that the boys have/had Franco, he's all Cam and Aiden (not Jake because he's Jason's) could want in a father .... Lucky who?

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I never got that vibe from JJ's Lucky. Like AG, JJ seemed to want Lucky to be free and not tied down to a bunch of kids. 

whatever vibe JJ gave on screen he didn't share that opinion with Geary.  He said many times he wanted Liz and Lucky, that Lucky cared about his family etc. They even gave Lucky dialogue talking about how Lucky thought Luke spouted all that stuff about not wanting to be tied down to the house because it hurt too much to think about all he had lost.

From the 7/12/11 episode:

Siobhan: Suppose, in a way, I--thank you. I owe you an apology.

Lucky: What, for nearly dying in a fire that I set?

Siobhan: Well, if I thought it through, I had a little more faith, I'd have realized that you were burning a house. You weren't trying to kill yourself.

Lucky: Oh, I see. So it's your fault for not knowing that I was being selfish and arrogant, and not suicidal. I like that. It's not bad.

Siobhan: Can we just both say that we were both sorely out of our minds that night and just leave it at that?

Lucky: I guess so. You know, my mom loved that house, and my sister grew up there. And now, it's just ashes. I can't even remember what I was trying to accomplish.

Siobhan: Closure? Break from the past? Or maybe it was a tribute to your father, since you said Luke always wanted the place gone.

Lucky: Yeah, but that was revisionist history. There were plenty of times when he was happy there. He just doesn't want to remember them.

Siobhan: Maybe it was just too painful. Looking back, remembering happiness, being able to see clearly how you lost it--that has to be torture.

Lucky: Yeah. It's easier to tell yourself that you were never happy and that you just wanted to be free.

Siobhan: Guilt and grief, they're terrible burdens for Luke and for you.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Like AG, JJ seemed to want Lucky to be free and not tied down to a bunch of kids. So, from how JJ's Lucky was written, I can say I'm not surprised that he didn't ask Laura about Franco's presence in his children's lives. I don't think Lucky actually cares. He knows Liz loves her kids and wouldn't put them in harm's way so he's fine. 

That's not true. JJ's Lucky told Luke that "those boys are my sons, they are perfect just the way they are" and later that he would be happy to be a part of the boys lives while having minimal contact with Elizabeth. He more than once told little Cam how happy and proud he was to be his dad - the last time was his Xmas goodbye scene. At that time, the Show had Lucky talking about going on a trip but coming back and being an active father to his sons.

Then years later when he brought Jake home, the combination of Nikolas telling him Liz's new man is really Jason, Jake's father and seeing how happy Liz, little Jake and adult "Jake" seemed together, and I guess seeing for himself that Aiden was doing well, helped motivate him to take off.  He told Luke he didn't want to expose the boys to his "darkness."   

So to go from THAT to Laura telling him to have "fun" wherever he is in Africa, made me ask, WTF is this bullshit.  I believe she decided not to tell him that Cam had just been through a traumatic kidnapping. Lucky, in true character, would absolutely want to know about that and jump on a plane immediately to come be with his 'first born.'  Lucky really loved Cam. Instead, they're completely focused on the "lets do whatever it takes to get Franco back because we love him soooo much" bandwagon.  Cam deciding to get drunk at a school party is a clear sign that he's not okay and should have at least a talk with Lucky. A quick pep talk from Jason is not sufficient.

• Love 5