Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

thought the same thing. It’s something about her eyes. They look crossed or something.

It looks (IMHO) like one of those paintings from an episode of Scooby Doo-- where the eyes are actually fake, and can be removed so someone can spy on people. The eyes are definitely off.

• LOL 4

Kim isn't being thrown under anything.  Maybe the "Perfect Oscar and his Death" train got her, but since then she's pretty much laying in the street under a dark blanket at night waiting for something to get her.  That character was fucked way before the FranknDrew thing started.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Disagree.  It's one of the longest running TV programs and still possesses quite a bit of impressive inventory of assets.  Way too much time is wasted on the Corinthos family and for seemingly every five minutes of Sonny/Jason/Franco the audience gets to watch 5 seconds of characters that can pass for a decent soap opera.  Perhaps without the current configuration of FV et al - Port Charles without Sonny/Jason/Franco could even be a HUGE hit. 

If frank is going to continue to produce trash then yes this show imo needs to go. He has killed it including his friend Varni and these awful writers.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1

Was Kim always imbalanced like this and Oscar's death brought it all up to the surface? Because wow! 

I watched the last 10 minutes only and her wanting to skip town with Drew was just . . . there are really no words anymore to describe this situation, other then please end this crap story ASAP.

• Love 1

I use to think William Lipton was pretty good for his age but now in the recent months with this Franco storyline my opinion has changed.  Cameron comes across as super whiney and cry babyish in his performance. I just want to smack him in the face most of the time.

I do think the young lady playing Trina is much more subtle in a good way.

Edited by Hater

I hate this evil trainer storyline. Dragging out an old story? Why? Why does Alexis always have to be weak and vulnerable?

William Lipton is really doing a great job. He is playing it just as I would expect after all Cam has been through. I do wish though that Liz wasn't a character that has three kids with three different fathers. But her mother son chemistry with Cam is fantastic. I have a feeling she is an awesome mom in real life.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I want to punch Kevin myself. No, you didn't do the right thing.

I agree. I love JL and usually love Kevin. But he doesn’t have the best judgement as a psychiatrist. He kept his brother the serial killer locked up thinking he could “save” him and now he somehow thinks Dranco can make decisions for himself although he has been mentally impaired and is effectively taking over another persons identity. Horrible judgement call. 

• Love 8
On 10/26/2019 at 9:46 PM, YaddaYadda said:

I think they effectively killed that pairing when Kim decided that the memories were more important than both Franco and the real Drew.

That's not even mentioning how pathetic she looks some 15 years later. Can you imagine if she had tried to latch on to Jason because he and Drew are identical twins. 

I'm no biology expert, but since Jason and Drew are identical twins, wouldn't Danny and Scout be closer to being full siblings than actual half-siblings because their fathers have identical DNA, or something? 

Maybe Kim should have thought of that, if that's the case.

You know, you're right. The respective children of twins who married twins are biologically full siblings, not cousins, so Scout and Danny would be full siblings, I'm pretty sure.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, ouinason said:

Kim isn't being thrown under anything.  Maybe the "Perfect Oscar and his Death" train got her, but since then she's pretty much laying in the street under a dark blanket at night waiting for something to get her.  That character was fucked way before the FranknDrew thing started.

I agree. Kim went off the rails when Oscar died and she tried to rape Drew. That's when she lost her mind, and I can't say she was being trashed.

Kim didn't handle her son's death well at all, which is sort of weird considering she had known about his inoperable brain tumor for YEARS. I know Oscar actually dying is different than the knowledge that he eventually would, but I just find it strange that she wasn't more prepared for his inevitable death. This is the same woman who didn't want him to know he was dying and hadn't been treating him. She just wanted him to live until he didn't. I don't know. You'd think she would have handled his death better. It certainly didn't spring up on her.

But after she drugged Drew and tried to rape him, I put nothing past her. She was also going around randomly asking men to impregnate her so she could have an Oscar replacement baby. No, Kim lost her mind some time ago. She's not being thrown under the bus for Franco or Friz. This is just her character arc. I'm not at all shocked that she would take advantage of her friend's husband and rape him. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, seasons said:

I hate this evil trainer storyline. Dragging out an old story? Why?

I do wish though that Liz wasn't a character that has three kids with three different fathers.

A) A lame way to give Alexis and Kristina/Sonny's daughter more storyline when Kristina eventually realizes this woman targeted my mom because of my lies to Shiloh and Shiloh wanted revenge, wah wah it's all my fault. Cue Sonny and Alexis: It's not your fault, yada yada.

B) Why is this a problem? Both Alexis and Carly's kids also have three different bio fathers. Sonny's kids have four different bio mothers and I think it was the same for Edward. At this point long-ago character Dr. Jeff Webber also fathered four children by three different women (w/Heather Webber=Steven Lars; w/Mrs. Webber= Sarah and Elizabeth; w/Mrs. Barnes=Hayden).

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

A) A lame way to give Alexis and Kristina/Sonny's daughter more storyline when Kristina eventually realizes this woman targeted my mom because of my lies to Shiloh and Shiloh wanted revenge, wah wah it's all my fault. Cue Sonny and Alexis: It's not your fault, yada yada.

If they wanted to give Kristina something they'd put her on contract. I think this is to push Julian and Alexis closer.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

As much as I liked Julexis at times, I want Alexis with Neil now. At least give it a try with someone normal.

On 10/28/2019 at 3:36 PM, ouinason said:

Kim isn't being thrown under anything.  Maybe the "Perfect Oscar and his Death" train got her, but since then she's pretty much laying in the street under a dark blanket at night waiting for something to get her.

She was iffy with not telling Oscar although I kind of understand since there was no treatment for him, in pure soap opera fashion.

But at the moment she's nuts, or as the professionals say it, suffering from a reactive psychosis or complicated grief.

Franco, on the other hand, while having false memories, is still his entitled arrogant self. Now they're going to make him the good guy, so impressed by Liz that he's going to stay in Port Charles (blech). And Kim is going to look even worse.

On 10/28/2019 at 5:50 PM, Auntie Velvet said:

You know, you're right. The respective children of twins who married twins are biologically full siblings, not cousins, so Scout and Danny would be full siblings, I'm pretty sure.

Don't worry, as soon as Jason takes over Scout, they will be. Scout will call him Daddy and Drew will be forgotten.

• Love 4

Poor Kevin, getting slugged in the face because Scotty decided to skip witness prep, having to APOLOGIZE for not violating his professional oath by lying on the stand.  I don't like that the judge made it sound like this is all Kevin's fault, Franco being free to live as Drew.

A question I saw someone on Twitter note - given she admitted to the attempted rape on the actual Drew in court, shouldn't Kim's ass be under arrest?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, ouinason said:

I want Drew back, regardless, but I kind of want him to come back with all his memories intact and blow the fuck out of Kim and Monica's bs.  

I hate this story.

I hope Drew is really dead and will never have to be written by horrid writers ever again.  But I get what you mean.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

What the heck was with Sonny wandering all over the place, stopping by to check in with people?  He added nothing to any conversation at all.

sonny has no story and MB has high minimums.

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, seasons said:

I hate this evil trainer storyline. Dragging out an old story? Why? Why does Alexis always have to be weak and vulnerable?

I've noticed that this is a well the show has gone to A LOT with its antagonists lately.  Nelle comes to town to get revenge on Carly because Frank Benson's her dad.  Margaux comes to town to get revenge on Sonny because Sonny killed her dad.  Siloh comes to town to get revenge on Sam because some old geezer she married is his dad.  And now this chick comes to town to get revenge on Alexis because Kiefer is her brother.  It's so tired.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I've noticed that this is a well the show has gone to A LOT with its antagonists lately.  Nelle comes to town to get revenge on Carly because Frank Benson's her dad.  Margaux comes to town to get revenge on Sonny because Sonny killed her dad.  Siloh comes to town to get revenge on Sam because some old geezer she married is his dad.  And now this chick comes to town to get revenge on Alexis because Kiefer is her brother.  It's so tired.

This is what happens when so many one-off characters get family connections, LOL.

Ugh, shut up, Sonny. Scott has every right in the world to hate you, yet somehow you're the aggrieved party? Ugh.

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Poor Kevin, getting slugged in the face because Scotty decided to skip witness prep, having to APOLOGIZE for not violating his professional oath by lying on the stand.

I actually agree with Kevin. Just because Franco thinks he's Drew doesn't mean he can't make his own decisions. Scott was the moron who didn't listen to Kevin when Kevin said they needed to talk before he testified.

Are we really supposed to believe that Michael beat Chase while boxing? Because, LOL.

2 hours ago, ulkis said:
2 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

What the heck was with Sonny wandering all over the place, stopping by to check in with people?  He added nothing to any conversation at all.

sonny has no story and MB has high minimums.

Watching Sonny stroll around town kind of cracked me up.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, lala2 said:

Okay . . . I am really going to need people to stop making excuses for Kim. I like Trina and Oscar, but Kim is not a good person. She is an awful person. Cameron should have nothing good to say about her.

Trina said "Dr. Nero is a good person" - not Cam. Cam said Oscar would be upset to see his mother attacked on the witness stand, which is probably true. Trina doesn't know Kim personally at all - just as her deceased friend's mom. She certainly doesn't know that Kim had sex with FrancoDrew. Trina also has made at least one positive comment about Dev, so to me her judgement can be questionable. 

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Are we really supposed to believe that Michael beat Chase while boxing? Because, LOL.

Well, as we learned today, he practically grew up in that gym. The rest of the time he was looking for penguin toys for his brother Morgan. 

Or maybe he was developing other skills we have yet to learn about -- steeplechase? polo? billiards? oboe? 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Don't worry, as soon as Jason takes over Scout, they will be. Scout will call him Daddy and Drew will be forgotten.

I called that a while ago that Jason would be retconned to be Scout's father. Just because these writers are that petty.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Be careful what you wish for when you want a family connection for so many characters, LOL.

Next, we'll find out Tad Martin Gray took Franco's case because - GASP! - Franco killed his son and this was his way of punishing Franco, the nerve! #eyeroll

• LOL 1
51 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Trina said "Dr. Nero is a good person" - not Cam. Cam said Oscar would be upset to see his mother attacked on the witness stand, which is probably true. Trina doesn't know Kim personally at all - just as her deceased friend's mom. She certainly doesn't know that Kim had sex with FrancoDrew. Trina also has made at least one positive comment about Dev, so to me her judgement can be questionable. 

Cam has mentioned on other occasions that Kim is not a bad person.

I'm just sick of people giving Kim a pass. She doesn't deserve one if you ask me. She is a horrible person. I want to see more ppl calling her out for the horrible, selfish witch she is! Even Liz hasn't done that. Liz has shown Kim a lot more sympathy and empathy than that witch has shown her! Kim couldn't care less that Liz's marriage and family has broken up b/c of her selfish actions! Kim is an awful human being! 

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, rur said:

41 minutes ago, rur said:

Well, as we learned today, he practically grew up in that gym. The rest of the time he was looking for penguin toys for his brother Morgan. 

When he wasn't having DaddyUncleJason dangle his feet in the Atlantic when he was sent to Sonny's island for ~protection.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

I don't get what Julian is trying to accomplish.  How does breaking up Brucas get rid of the threat Nelle (and Dr. O) pose?

It is a dumb idea because Lucas is not going to understand why Julian was interfering in his marriage.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Scott was the moron who didn't listen to Kevin when Kevin said they needed to talk before he testified.

8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Poor Kevin, getting slugged in the face because Scotty decided to skip witness prep, having to APOLOGIZE for not violating his professional oath by lying on the stand.  I don't like that the judge made it sound like this is all Kevin's fault, Franco being free to live as Drew.

I put this on both Kevin and Scotty. Yes, Scott was a moron for not thoroughly going over Kevin's testimony especially since he considered him so crucial to his case, but where's Kevin's culpability here? He's a grown-ass man that can talk. He knew full well before the hearing what he was going to say since he told Laura she would need to be there to support Liz. Why immediately after speaking with Franco did he not go over his concerns with Scotty? And, yeah before his testimony Scott waved him off when Kevin said they needed to talk but it's not like Kevin tried that hard. Again, he's an adult with a working brain and working vocal cords. How hard is it to say "Scott, you shouldn't put me up there because I'm siding with Franco?"

I don't think it was unfair of the judge because what she said actually made a sort of sense. All of the other testimony was mostly irrelevant. She wasn't trying to decide if Franco had the right to basically steal Drew's identity but to decide if he was competent to make his own decisions. That judgment was based on the expert testimony of Kevin.

Also, shut up, Laura. I know her and Scott are exes (multiple times over) but I don't think their relationship is in a bad place but I hated the way she acted like Sonny had any business hating Scott. Later, with Scotty she acted like she put up this vigorous defense of him when it was weak at best.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, lala2 said:

I'm just sick of people giving Kim a pass. She doesn't deserve one if you ask me. She is a horrible person. I want to see more ppl calling her out for the horrible, selfish witch she is! Even Liz hasn't done that. Liz has shown Kim a lot more sympathy and empathy than that witch has shown her! Kim couldn't care less that Liz's marriage and family has broken up b/c of her selfish actions! Kim is an awful human being! 

I don't know if the hacks realized this, but by not having Liz get up in Kim's face, they're showing that Liz isn't acting like a hypocrite for her past actions. And yes, while Kim is horrible (I still can't help wonder if she'd go all obsessed if CAMERON had Drew's memories and would insist she wanted to spend her life with a teenager young enough to be her son), Franco ain't no prize. I don't care if it was "The TUMAH" he's a raping serial killer, and it makes me see red that THIS is the person that Liz fell in love with and has been with for how many years now? It's GROSS.

And I know that I'M a hypocrite, because I loved Luke and Laura. So what? I'm not a character on this show.

Laura giving shit to Scotty because he punched Kevin was not a good look for Laura. And I still wish she hated Mooby like she did when Lucky first "died." But if this is what it takes to have Laura on my screen, I'll take it.

And while I hated what the show did to Anna, when is ANNA coming BAAAAACK?????

And what was up with Willow giving Julian dirty looks?

• Love 2

Watching Sonny stroll around town kind of cracked me up.

I know! He's got a brand new baby and a wife with a broken foot-- why isn't he at home. Sonny absolutely sucks as a dad.

and show wants us to believe that Michael could go toe-to-toe with Chase, yup, sure, okay. 

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Laura giving shit to Scotty because he punched Kevin was not a good look for Laura

Scott shouldn’t have punched Kevin no matter what. Team Laura on that one. (I did laugh at Kevin going down so hard, though. I know he was taken by surprise, but is Scott on Michael’s level? [hee])

44 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Scott shouldn’t have punched Kevin no matter what. Team Laura on that one. (I did laugh at Kevin going down so hard, though. I know he was taken by surprise, but is Scott on Michael’s level? [hee])

I agree Scotty shouldn't have punched Kevin. My point, and I guess I should have made it clear in my initial post above, is that after that "heart-to-heart" talk Laura had with Mooby, about trying to understand the place Scotty was coming from, and that he should have some compassion, for her to turn on Scotty and say "And I can't believe I DEFENDED you!" just comes off...well, is it hypocritical? And I hate that I'm using that word for practically every damned thing now. Sheesh. I need to find new words!

• Love 1

I dare Laura to say that she WOULDN'T have punched someone who stood in her way of helping Lucky after Helena brainwashed him.  She'd have nut punched Kevin if he'd gotten on a witness stand and blindsided her efforts to help her child like that.  And I'd have cheered.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, ciarra said:

I don't get what Julian is trying to accomplish.  How does breaking up Brucas get rid of the threat Nelle (and Dr. O) pose?

Quoting myself.  My theory is that Julian is going to be stupid.  His anger at Brad will result in breaking up Brucas, then Willow will decide she can provide a more stable home for Wiley (probably marrying Chase) and sues for custody.  Eventually, in 2025, revealing the secret that Wiley isn't her bio. child.   Nelle needs to get out of jail and wrap this up.

• LOL 3

Oh give me a break Laura!  She's saying Scotty and Liz aren't thinking clearly but apparently Franco is.  I refuse to call him a hybrid anymore.  He is FRANCO and he always will be to me.  Plus getting all pissy with Scott while hugging and shooting the shit with a known criminal is just gross.

I loved the boxing scenes with Chase and Michael.  "Sorry dude I'm not usually that aggressive....you don't want to get in the ring with me today....."  I laughed and laughed.  This episode needed that comic relief.

Trina is a great friend.  I also like her chemistry with Ava and look forward to more scenes with them.  Cameron just breaks my heart.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ouinason said:

I dare Laura to say that she WOULDN'T have punched someone who stood in her way of helping Lucky after Helena brainwashed him.  She'd have nut punched Kevin if he'd gotten on a witness stand and blindsided her efforts to help her child like that.  

Of course. Lucky was a young man at that point, and her beloved son whom she'd raised from birth. She thought he was dead for a year. He had been brainwashed to react/attack and that's a genuinely dangerous situation.

This is a different situation - Scott didn't know about Franco for most of his life. He wants to believe Franco is a good person now. He acknowledged aloud to Bobbie that he feels like Franco is his one/last chance at fatherhood because Serena 'keeps me at a distance,' and the other two children are deceased. He said that a while after he confirmed (in that awful impromptu marriage proposal) he wants a relationship with Bobbie because he's getting older and feels comfortable with her and doesn't want to end up alone.  Scott's efforts are not about the deep love a father has for his son; it's about Scott feeling old and alone and wanting to be a part of the 'happy family life' of "my son", Elizabeth, and the three boys. 

• Love 1

I’m another one who is at a loss as to what Julian’s plan is. The only thing I could think of is that he’s trying to create other issues for Lucas and Brad to discuss in therapy so Lucas and Neil don’t discover the real cause behind Brad’s anxiety.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

How can we stick Sonny in a storyline that has nothing to do with him, that he shouldn't be a part of?

Oh, I know! Let's have Scotty go and beg him for help.

Scotty would rather eat rat poison than ask Sonny for anything, but whatever Show. 

• Love 8

Michael sucks and all but he's tall and in shape so he'd be able to take on Chase.

How can we stick Sonny in a storyline that has nothing to do with him, that he shouldn't be a part of?

To be fair to the writers, I do think they ask themselves this because FV or whoever make them do it.

Liz is worried about how Jake is dealing with Franco? What about how he's dealing about Drew?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

B) Why is this a problem? Both Alexis and Carly's kids also have three different bio fathers. Sonny's kids have four different bio mothers and I think it was the same for Edward. At this point long-ago character Dr. Jeff Webber also fathered four children by three different women (w/Heather Webber=Steven Lars; w/Mrs. Webber= Sarah and Elizabeth; w/Mrs. Barnes=Hayden).

My point was that i wish it wasn't Elizabeth who had the complication of dealing with three different baby daddies. I've always liked Liz and i guess i didn't want that for her (vs those other characters).  Wow though, thanks for the reminder on all that complicated history!

48 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Oh, I know! Let's have Scotty go and beg him for help.

Yup. I thought, after humiliating himself by going to Sonny, Scotty was going to get slapped too, when Kim turned around and stalked away from Julian - it seemed like Bobbie and Scotty were in her line of sight.  I really expected her to start screaming at Scotty (while gesturing toward Julian) that thanks to the two of them Drew thinks she's too broken to be in a relationship with him right now. But I guess she wants to give Julian the impression he totally "lost" and she and "Drew" are going to ride off into the sunset and live happily ever after. 

I wonder if Tamara Braun hates this Kim shit as much as we do. She was sniffling and gasping her heart out to Not Drew today but still barely managed to squeeze out any real tears. I imagine it's a touch embarrassing to play a middle-aged woman pitching a hissy fit and all but stamping her feet in frustration that her TRUE LOOOVE isn't behaving exactly as she wants. Maybe Kim should have considered that Not Drew having the freedom to choose his life's path would also mean that he can set the parameters of his relationship with Kim to suit his liking, and that may not coincide with what Kim wants. It's a staggering display of immaturity for Kim to demand promises of forever, right this very minute, from a man who hardly knows himself, much less her.

And don't even get me started on her crybaby attitude of indignation with Julian. Can't expect loyalty from a guy you cut out of your life without thinking twice, Kim, so spare me the victim act.

• Love 6