Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Wait, how did Sabrina take advantage of Michael being a white knight? Is Carly just talking out of her ass or are these scenes I've blocked from memory also?

She tried to pass off Carlos's son as Michael's. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

She tried to pass off Carlos's son as Michael's.

That's right. You could see why Carly would be outraged. Who would do such an awful, deceitful thing?

I think even Milquetoast Michael snarked on her for that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Wait, how did Sabrina take advantage of Michael being a white knight? Is Carly just talking out of her ass or are these scenes I've blocked from memory also?

Lied about Michael being the father of her baby. And then later ran away with Carlos and married him while still engaged with Michael.

• Love 1

I thought I was going crazy that Alexis didn’t know or hear that Sam killed Shiloh. Is Port Charles that big? Then when she was being shipped off to Pentonville there still no Alexis. Finally, at the last minutes she is notified. That’s some shitty writing there. 

Okay! What’s the deal with Finola Hughes? Is she not returning to GH? Her vacation should have ended in September. Is she okay? It seems odd that’s she’s been off the canvas for this long.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

If Ava had the ability to see Avery more than she is allowed, she might not be quite so broken.

Ava could push a lot harder than she does to see Avery. She's not entirely Sonny's victim here.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Okay! What’s the deal with Finola Hughes? Is she not returning to GH? Her vacation should have ended in September. Is she okay? It seems odd that’s she’s been off the canvas for this long.

She's returning, she's already been spotted on set. I think her scenes should probably start airing around Halloweenish. Weren't they dark for a couple of weeks?

Edited by tvgoddess

I thought I was going crazy that Alexis didn’t know or hear that Sam killed Shiloh. Is Port Charles that big? Then when she was being shipped off to Pentonville there still no Alexis. Finally, at the last minutes she is notified. That’s some shitty writing there. 

It's standard operating procedure for this crew.  I'm guessing that this was for the writers via Diane to frame the 'it's all about Jason' meme and downplay that a woman took down a serial rapist.

Ava could push a lot harder than she does to see Avery. She's not entirely Sonny's victim here.

The show has had her beg to see her own child for years.  Yes, in this current time  period - after her unfortunate choice of a mate - it is probably not in the interest of a toddler to be with a mother who appears to be  having a hard time figuring out whether to have two or three olives in her martinis (but still looks quite marvelous).

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

The show has had her beg to see her own child for years.  Yes, in this current time  period - after her unfortunate choice of a mate - it is probably not in the interest of a toddler to be with a mother who appears to be  having a hard time figuring out whether to have two or three olives in her martinis (but still looks quite marvelous).

Just a point of fact: Avery isn't a toddler anymore. She's almost 5 if we're going by her actual birthday on the show which is coming up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

ONLY on this FAKAKTA show will a defendant who is suddenly hit with federal charges, be sent to prison without an arraignment hearing.

ONLY on this FAKAKTA show will there be talk of a "trial" at the "prison" where said prisoner has JUST.BEEN.SENT instead of a federal court.

ONLY on this FAKAKTA show are state and federal trials held in the same courthouse.

THIS FAKAKTA Show. The STOOPID. IT BURRRRRRRRRRNS.

• Love 3

I'm giving Sasha lots of credit for sitting through Carly's intimidating lecture today without rolling her eyes and walking away in disgust. Sasha should not have to prostrate herself before Carly to earn her approval like Carly's a participant in Sasha and Michael's relationship and her opinion will make or break them, 'cause she ain't and it won't. Carly's feelings will never be ignored by Michael, but it's ludicrous to expect Sasha to hold her breath and walk on eggshells until Carly magnanimously offers her a reprieve. MYOB, lady, sheesh.

You could see Jax doing the mental calculations to determine just how the fuck someone of Valentin's caliber manages to keep Nina lassoed to his side, and Jax himself is still single. Look, I don't want Nina with Jax (he could do way better) but I'm also desperate for anything to wipe that smug entitlement off Valentin's face, and I'm just waiting for Jax to be the one to do it. It's no fun watching Valentin get exactly what he wants all the time without anyone challenging him.

Ava makes me really, really sad, and I appreciated that Julian, Lucas, and Neil offered her comfort and compassion without pity. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, Linny said:

Sasha should not have to prostrate herself before Carly to earn her approval like Carly's a participant in Sasha and Michael's relationship and her opinion will make or break them,

You could see Jax doing the mental calculations to determine just how the fuck someone of Valentin's caliber manages to keep Nina lassoed to his side, and Jax himself is still single. 

Carly absolutely sees herself as a VIP in Michael's relationships with women, otherwise there wouldn't be a chat with Sasha which Michael allowed. She told Sasha she's willing to forgive this time because she's not a hypocrite; I assume she didn't go into details about why exactly she was much worse than Sasha because she wants Sasha to look up to her respectfully as Michael's devoted mother instead of seeing her for what she really is.

Jax chooses to be single and also underestimates how badly Nina wants to raise a daughter from childhood. 

Felicia's haircut looks lovely but comparing what she and Frisco had to Anna and Finn, especially in a conversation with Robert, is absurd. I guess she missed that Anna and Finn are utterly lacking in substance and compatibility.  Of course Robert thinks it's fine if Anna and Finn don't make it - he wants Anna to be happy and fulfilled!

Dare I hope that Lucas is now actively suspicious of Brad's behavior?

• Love 3

I've been meaning to write this all weekend. As a Brad/Brucas fan, ever since this stupid baby switch story started, I stopped watching all Brad/Brucas scenes. As far as I'm concerned, Brad was taken off the backburner and thrown under the bus to advance a Michael story. There was no other reason.  I, personally, couldn't care less about Michael or his unnecessary baby, so I had little interest in seeing a character and a pairing I liked trashed for him. RC really spent time developing Brad and Brucas, and all that development was wiped out for the played out baby switch soap plot.  Michael doesn't even need a baby. What is the point in giving him a child? Why? 

That said, I did happen to catch - for the first time in months - the Brucas scenes last week, and it just made me sad. Not actually sad, but just disappointed. As a fan, I would have loved to see a story about them and their relationship and their issues. To me, the actors have really good chemistry together and play well off each other. I was invested in their relationship when RC was writing, but once Jelly came on board and pushed them into the closet, I lost interest b/c they were never shown. Brad was trotted out to threaten Finn a couple of times, but that was it. I thought last week's scenes were good, but it's disappointing - to me at least - that all this angst really has nothing to do w/them as a couple. It's all about Michael and serving that story. They are just walking plot points. It's pathetic. It doesn't help that I'm not a Michael fan. If he never got his baby back, I wouldn't care. 

I will never understand why Brad/Brucas were thrust into this story in the first place, or why Brad had to know it was Michael's baby, esp. w/the lack of insight into him and why he made the decisions he did. It's like they needed a "villain" b/c Chole Lanier was leaving and just decided it would be Brad. Ok. Whatever. GH sucks. Haha. 

JMO. 

• Love 9

I'm giving Sasha lots of credit for sitting through Carly's intimidating lecture today without rolling her eyes and walking away in disgust. Sasha should not have to prostrate herself before Carly to earn her approval like Carly's a participant in Sasha and Michael's relationship and her opinion will make or break them, 'cause she ain't and it won't.

This would have been a great time for the audience to get a break from Carly and the overuse of LW.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I will never understand why Brad/Brucas were thrust into this story in the first place, or why Brad had to know it was Michael's baby, esp. w/the lack of insight into him and why he made the decisions he did.

For the drama/soapiness of Lucas unknowingly raising his sister's grandson/nephew Michael Corinthos's son. I can't recall RC as Lucas and LW as Carly ever being in the same scene prior to the baby Wiley/Jonah switch. The Show never highlighted them as so-called siblings with a mutual love of their mother until the adoption became a real storyline. It's a story about psycho Nelle and Lucas's lying/devious husband perpetrating a crime against poor Lucas and his entire family. Lucas had a line last week "they're your family too" that I think was intended by the writers to make Brad feel guilty. But Brad only feels guilty if the baby is in danger. Otherwise, he just acts scared of people finding out the truth, or angry at Obrecht and/or Julian when he's not getting his way. 

I wonder if when the truth comes out, anyone will draw the comparisons between Nelle and Carly and Brad and Jason (with Lucas inadvertently sort of being in the role Robin had). 

And just as Robin was always too good for Jason, Lucas was always too good for Brad IMO. I have really disliked the Brad character from the beginning, so I guess the actor deserves credit for that LOL!

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Lucas had a line last week "they're your family too" that I think was intended by the writers to make Brad feel guilty. But Brad only feels guilty if the baby is in danger.

The show has never bothered to build up Brad's relationship with his in-laws. They barely bother with his relationship with Lucas. I don't get why the writers can't grasp that they can write the most brilliantly clever plot ever (which this emphatically is not), but if all the characters are paper dolls instead of three-dimensional human beings, it won't matter. It'll just be hollow.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

For the drama/soapiness of Lucas unknowingly raising his sister's grandson/nephew Michael Corinthos's son. I can't recall RC as Lucas and LW as Carly ever being in the same scene prior to the baby Wiley/Jonah switch. The Show never highlighted them as so-called siblings with a mutual love of their mother until the adoption became a real storyline. It's a story about psycho Nelle and Lucas's lying/devious husband perpetrating a crime against poor Lucas and his entire family. Lucas had a line last week "they're your family too" that I think was intended by the writers to make Brad feel guilty. But Brad only feels guilty if the baby is in danger. Otherwise, he just acts scared of people finding out the truth, or angry at Obrecht and/or Julian when he's not getting his way. 

I wonder if when the truth comes out, anyone will draw the comparisons between Nelle and Carly and Brad and Jason (with Lucas inadvertently sort of being in the role Robin had). 

And just as Robin was always too good for Jason, Lucas was always too good for Brad IMO. I have really disliked the Brad character from the beginning, so I guess the actor deserves credit for that LOL!

For me, I wouldn't have so many issues with this story if the current writers had actually been treating Brad, Lucas, or Brucas with any respect and had been writing for them before thrusting them into this lame story. It's akin to pulling Amy or Felix off the backburner and having them do something awful just to further another character's plot and to prop that character. At least, that's how I see it, and don't like it. To me, once RC left, Brad and Lucas became background characters who were rarely featured. We never saw them, and it's insulting, IMO, to pull them out to prop useless Michael AND to still not even respect them enough to give them some proper writing while you're trashing them. It reminds me of when they made that really handsome guy - Tracy's son's father I think - a serial killer for no reason. I hate bad storytelling, and this is a prime example of that, IMO. 

Plus, they still could have had Lucas unknowingly raising his nephew without Brad being in on it. Nelle could have always been their secret birth mother. She could have faked an accident and told Michael her baby died, or heck why not have her tell him she gave the baby to a woman on the street! That would have been more interesting! Or there could have been an accident where Brad was knocked out and Nelle switched the babies. I don't know. I just know it was not absolutely necessary for Brad to be involved, esp given the lack of screen time he gets! If ppl really want to trash Brad, he could have just learned the truth from Nelle now and be troubled and anxious. The only thing Brad being involved accomplishes is the destruction of Brucas - a pairing that is so far in the background that it doesn't matter. Who cares if they break up? I don't even care, and I genuinely like them! LOL! 

As far as Brad is concerned, I've liked him from the moment he was introduced. I tend to like the more gray characters. He's the most interesting part of Brucas. Don't get me wrong - I like Lucas, and he's a good guy but Brad keeps it interesting. I also don't see Brad as straight up evil, and I don't think Lucas is too good for him. I like Brucas but have long since resigned myself to them ending. Like I was saying before, they don't write for them anymore anyway so it really doesn't matter. They should just get it over with already! 

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think the baby was more for Nelle than Michael.

Same here; it's what scheming women do: "Trap" men into a relationship with a pregnancy. (Or at least when the writers are hacks.)

Oh, FFS, this stupid fake cheating story with Brad and Lucas is SO BAD. And if Brad's arrangement is something Julian would send to someone he's involved with, he has TERRIBLE taste in flowers. Those are not romantic in the least.

Did we see Ava faint at the MetroCourt, or did that happen onscreen because we needed another reminder of the name of Carly and Sonny's baby? (It's Dora, right?)

Michael could have stood up to Carly and said to her, "I'm sorry, I'm not going to let you harangue my girlfriend for mistakes you yourself have made. We're eating elsewhere. Bye!" What a spineless wimp. Carly telling Sasha about her arrival in Port Charles doesn't mitigate her talk with Sasha.

"A dirty martini will never outlive its usefulness." Hee.

I think KW's haircut makes her look dowdy and older. I don't like it.

• Love 9

Sasha (to Carly, re: her behavior when she first came to town): My level?

Carly: Much worse.

Me: Yeah, lady, super worse.  Not to mention all the heinous things you got up to AFTER that, like lying about your baby's paternity, being a judgmental bitch about a woman's HIV status, being a mob moll, prostituing a Quartermaine, and covering for a murderer whose victim's mother's home you still pollute with your snarling behind on the reg.  Plus, years of bad hair and eye-searing fashion!

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

The show has never bothered to build up Brad's relationship with his in-laws. They barely bother with his relationship with Lucas. I don't get why the writers can't grasp that they can write the most brilliantly clever plot ever (which this emphatically is not), but if all the characters are paper dolls instead of three-dimensional human beings, it won't matter. It'll just be hollow.

Perfectly said!  And Britt agrees!

tumblr_n5hg6e4tPz1sopfhpo1_400.gif

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, lala2 said:

. The only thing Brad being involved accomplishes is the destruction of Brucas - a pairing that is so far in the background that it doesn't matter. just get it over with already! 

I mostly agree with you about lack of proper writing. Brad being involved increased the drama - Julian knew right away that the"Wiley" Brad was showing off was not the same baby Brad let him hold the night the adoption was official and so Julian got pulled into the mess (so he loses when Lucas + Corinthos family learn the truth), Dr. O got to blackmail Brad when she needed his 'help" and threats passed between them, Willow and Lucas will likely become closer friends bonding over their loss/being deceived and shut Brad out, Monica is Brad's boss so learning that all this time he let her think her great grandson was dead likely means ugly drama in the hospital, and possible law suits for Brad's actions while on duty in addition to getting arrested.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

YES!!! This is exactly what I'm talking about. Thank you so much for this post. 

Ever since RC left, Brad and Lucas have been woefully underdeveloped. I'm not sure why we're supposed to care if they break up. It won't have any true impact or meaning on the show, IMO. So, Brucas breaks up . . . . big deal! Lucas is still a background character, so call me a pessimist but I don't see them investing in a new relationship w/him. He'll just go back to the backburner where's he been for the past 2 years! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

Lucas is still a background character, so call me a pessimist but I don't see them investing in a new relationship w/him.

Maybe he meets a co-worker of Dustin's at the school, a recent transplant from Pennslyvania who's still a little bitter about his ex leaving him at the symbolic altar for his college sweetie. #showinmyhead

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Same here; it's what scheming women do: "Trap" men into a relationship with a pregnancy. (Or at least when the writers are hacks.)

No, I was thinking more like they gave them a baby so Nelle would be more connected to the canvas and they had a reason to bring her back occasionally.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

No, I was thinking more like they gave them a baby so Nelle would be more connected to the canvas and they had a reason to bring her back occasionally.

Porque no los dos?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sasha (to Carly, re: her behavior when she first came to town): My level?

Carly: Much worse.

Me: Yeah, lady, super worse.  Not to mention all the heinous things you got up to AFTER that, like lying about your baby's paternity, being a judgmental bitch about a woman's HIV status, being a mob moll, prostituing a Quartermaine, and covering for a murderer whose victim's mother's home you still pollute with your snarling behind on the reg.  Plus, years of bad hair and eye-searing fashion!

Preach!  Plus her "I'm not a hypocrite" line was LOL-worthy.  Sure, Caroline, sure.

And, for those keeping score at home, today's Donna count: 6. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

ITA @seasons.  At first I thought RF!S was talking to Ava, then I saw it was Flea.  The helmet head did her no favors, and made her look older.

Notice how no one wants to give Carly a baby shower.  "Here are some gifts, pick them up at work and take them home,"

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

Is Nina playing Valentin? I’m guessing yes. I like Jax but he’s trying soooo hard to land a woman. Chill dude! I love How Brad keeps saying he doesn’t run phony bloodworks anymore and he did it just last week for Dr. O. Poor Brad. 

• Love 2

This is Carly's 4th child, so I don't think a shower would be that appropriate.  Now, if they didn't have a 4 year old at home, and way too much money, then Donna being 16 years younger than Carly's last child might point toward her needing all the things... but no.

• Useful 1

And did I hear right that employees bought Carly gifts?  Employees who have to put up with Carly's screeching ass and are surely underpaid had to dole out on gifts for their rich, mob moll boss?  Ugh, she's terrible.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

So do you guys think saying Donna 's name repeatedly in dialogue is some kind of competition? Glad to see I'm not the only one keeping count, cause you have to get your entertainment wherever you can.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Felicia's haircut looks lovely

2 hours ago, seasons said:

Sorry if I missed this, but not a fan of Kristina Wagner's newscaster hair bob.

The second I saw it, I said that Felicia stole Ava's haircut. And while on Ava, it looks really good, I'm not so sure on Felicia.

I don't think I've ever realized the space that Ava has. I know she has the penthouse, but it's a really good set with that outdoor patio. The only things that comfort her are her vodka and her gun, but there was plenty of room for Julian to stay. And I love how effortlessly he went from being snarky and sarcastic with Brad to being caring and sweet to Ava.

Liked the Hayden/Elizabeth bonding scenes. I hate that it's all leading to everyone just hating on her for having this secret when we already just had this stupid Sasha mother/daughter secret. And the Brad/Wiley stupidity of which I'm entirely bored with. Enough kid secrets, damn it! Can't this show get creative for a change?

Glad that there was no Sonny, no Jason, no Sam and no Franco. And Peter and Kim suck on different levels so the sooner they're off my screen, the better.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And, for those keeping score at home, today's Donna count: 6. 

This really needs to be a drinking game.  Bonus shot for every time Sonny reminds us that “she was named after a great woman from the old neighborhood”.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Hmm.  Interesting.  I've been seeing folks consider Brad to be "grey" and "evil".  That's not the vibe he gives me.  For me, it's "dumber than a brick" and "the emotional girl in the relationship".  I'm disappointed because I feel like the writers sit and think, "Okay, let's soap this up and just write for Brad and Lucas as if Lucas is the traditional man in the mix and Brad is the traditional woman.  Except, Brad is played by a man!  Ha ha!  Cool!" -- and I thought we had progressed beyond stereotypes.  It's lazy writing.  They should be written as any two adults interacting in a relationship not as stereotypes.  Lucas is the rational, cool, "I'm here to help and try to understand" and Brad is the little woman, being "all emotional, not very bright, hiding secrets, and scheming."  Ugh.  Boring.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Captanne said:

I've been seeing folks consider Brad to be "grey" and "evil".  That's not the vibe he gives me.  For me, it's "dumber than a brick" and "the emotional girl in the relationship".

You can be dumber than a brick AND evil.  I don't think morality and intelligence are related at all.  

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, Captanne said:

Hmm.  Interesting.  I've been seeing folks consider Brad to be "grey" and "evil".  That's not the vibe he gives me.  For me, it's "dumber than a brick" and "the emotional girl in the relationship".  I'm disappointed because I feel like the writers sit and think, "Okay, let's soap this up and just write for Brad and Lucas as if Lucas is the traditional man in the mix and Brad is the traditional woman.  Except, Brad is played by a man!  Ha ha!  Cool!" -- and I thought we had progressed beyond stereotypes.  It's lazy writing.  They should be written as any two adults interacting in a relationship not as stereotypes.  Lucas is the rational, cool, "I'm here to help and try to understand" and Brad is the little woman, being "all emotional, not very bright, hiding secrets, and scheming."  Ugh.  Boring.

Hmmmm....I hear what you're saying, but I think they want us to see - in the brief scenes they give Brad - that he is really troubled by what he's done. He knows it's wrong, and he can't relax. He hasn't been fine since the OG baby died. Now, his whole life is a house of cards, and he knows it is bound to come tumbling down!

When Britt stole Lulu's baby, she was perfectly fine. I don't remember her being anxious or weepy. I don't know. They write for plot, not character so it serves this plot for Brad to be anxious and edgy all the time while it didn't for Britt. Who knows? 

Edited by lala2

Because I watched mainly in the old days of Soooooper Evil -- like Helena (Elizabeth Taylor) and Mikos (John Colicos) levels of Evil -- I view Brad as just a ditzy "blonde" with little to no evil intent, just amazingly dumb life choices.  (Except the choice to fall for Lucas, who is wonderful, imo.  LOL)  And when he is nervous about getting caught, his IQ seems to drop about 100 points.  I just think that's the way the actor presents the character and the way I take it in.

Edited by Captanne
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Let me preface this by saying that I have NEVER liked Brad. Never. Thought he was slimiest slime that ever slimed. And that Lucas could do so.much.better. So if Lucas dumps his ass over this Wiley sekrith and lies, I won't shed a tear.

Did I miss something? Is Laura Wright recovering from something that has SheBeast sitting all the damn time since she birthed her latest spawn? In bed, in a wheel chair, on a bar stool, on the stool in the kitchen...

It didn't seem that she was hemorrhaging when she had that C-Section, and these days mothers don't stay in hospitals for longer than two days from my understanding. So what's the deal with the SheBeast?

And what is IT with Nina going "my love" to Shasha (when she thought she was her daughter) and now to Valentin. It's beyond cringe worthy.

Sasha really is determined to wear that hair shirt until she dies, isn't she? Oh, she's soooooo NOBLE. It's allllllllll her fault! Nina is a gooooooooooood woman. BLECH.🤢

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Let me preface this by saying that I have NEVER liked Brad. Never. Thought he was slimiest slime that ever slimed. And that Lucas could do so.much.better. So if Lucas dumps his ass over this Wiley sekrith and lies, I won't shed a tear.

I will be applauding *golf clap* with you.  Brad is one of the most cliche "soap girls" I've ever seen and it's so, so lazy.  

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Captanne said:

-- I view Brad as just a ditzy "blonde" with little to no evil intent, just amazingly dumb life choices

He has selfish intent without much of a moral compass.  No, he doesn't want to hurt people just for the joy of it. He's not a sadist. But, he'll do what he has to do to get what he wants. Or what his friends want, since he also helped Britt to steal an embryo, and to keep his parentage hidden.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Did I miss something? Is Laura Wright recovering from something that has SheBeast sitting all the damn time since she birthed her latest spawn? In bed, in a wheel chair, on a bar stool, on the stool in the kitchen...

She broke or sprained her leg/foot and has been in a boot and on crutches for the past 6 weeks or so.

Or what @ulkis said 🙂

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 1