Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

45 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

which is really messing with my head trying to keep track the timeline-- she wore those pants to appear in court-- so she had her bail hearing, was released-- didnt go home to shower or change-- and went to the hospital to see the new baby? And Maxie kept talking about the wedding 'yesterday' so we're still the day after the wedding!?!-- I feel like Sam's been wearing those pants for at least a week

Sam's clothing is different from what she was wearing when she was arrested. She had a plaid see-through black shirt on and black pants. She spent the night in that outfit, then visited Carly in the hospital without going home to shower, change, check up on her children, because Carly must come before all that. Everyone must stop at the Church of Carly and worship at her altar before they do anything else.

Also, Sonny and Carly can have a tall glass of STFU about telling Scout anything about her father. They could not drop him and get away from him fast enough when their lapdog came back. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, ciarra said:

I wonder if they plan on having [Sam] room with Harmony and Nelle?

I cannot imagine they won't all cross paths, but then again, this is the sort of thing the show too frequently ignores.

11 hours ago, rur said:

Valentin's goodbye to Liesl today has me worried.Their conversation sounded to me like an official goodbye from GH. 

I doubt Valentin is gone for good. JPL is recurring (how he scored that deal I'd like to know), so maybe he's just taking a bit of time off. And Liesl is a convenient villain when they decide the Jeromes aren't necessary, so I doubt she's gone for good, either.

2 hours ago, sunnyface said:

The one plot that Jason should be involved in is finding out and resolving who stole five years of his life since he returned. 

He doesn't really care, except probably when he finds out LWB/FS was involved. Even then, I doubt his heart rate will rise above 25. 

57 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

And RoHo's Southern drawl was back in full force yesterday. Seriously, WTF? Drew grew up in Upstate NY. Where and when would he ever have acquired a Southern drawl????

Oh, lord, I KNOW. It was so annoying. I get RoHo wants to distinguish Drew from Franco, but this is not the way to do it, especially because Drew never had any sort of accent and the show is so insistent on making Franco Drew right now. STAHP.

• Love 3

So according to GH having memories makes you that person.  Well anyone that grew up with siblings have similar memories, so I guess I can start to claim that I am my brothers or my sister (Have to see which one has the most haha)

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I get RoHo wants to distinguish Drew from Franco, but this is not the way to do it

I don't think Drew was ever the douchebag that RoHo is portraying.  FrankenDrew has no honor. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

And RoHo's Southern drawl was back in full force yesterday. Seriously, WTF? Drew grew up in Upstate NY. Where and when would he ever have acquired a Southern drawl????

I don't understand this choice.  The "foundling home" he grew up in (in 1932, apparently, since I don't think they've been called that since the depression) was only south of Canada, for cripes sake.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

The "foundling home" he grew up in (in 1932, apparently, since I don't think they've been called that since the depression) was only south of Canada, for cripes sake.

Yeah, they kind of lost me with the 'healthy blue-eyed, blond haired infant boy that no one wanted to adopt" portion of Drew's backstory.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Yeah, they kind of lost me with the 'healthy blue-eyed, blond haired infant boy that no one wanted to adopt" portion of Drew's backstory.

maybe it was really Franco who was in the home and he was already exhibiting psychopathic tendencies? Then unbeknownst to him and Drew, someone switched them (and their memories of course!) so Drew would think he was the one orphaned? 

Yeah okay that doesn't make sense either. I got nothin'...

If you make Drew SBu's age, that would make him born in 1970.  This was before The Pill was widely available and there were a lot of unwanted pregnancies (two in my grade 11 class, both given up for adoption). It was also a time when there wasn't the government financial support for single mothers.  So if I look at it sideways and squint, I could buy that Drew wasn't adopted.

BM was born in1979, so that would be pushing it.

1 hour ago, ciarra said:

I don't think Drew was ever the douchebag that RoHo is portraying.  FrankenDrew has no honor. 

That's because he's not Drew, he's Franco's impulses underlying Drew's memories. In that sense, RoHo is doing a good job. Except for the accent.

5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Fuck this show and his whole "Oscar is my son" bullshit. He's not your son, was never your son, will never be your son. I could not stand Oscar, but the writers are taking their fantasy way too far. 

I don't understand why every character on this show, other than Kim and maybe Monica, isn't aggressively shutting that shit down. FranckenDrew never knew Oscar, never met him, never gave him his genes.  At this point, it's just stupid.

• Love 7

Sam has children?!? 

I'd buy it more if the writers bothered writing her with them every now and again, instead of telling me how they are at the Qs. We haven't seen Sam with Scout since two Christmases ago, I think.

Nina is such a fool. Fool me once, fool me twice, go ahead and fool as often as you want!

Valentin is such dumbfuck. He and Nina are meant to be, they learned absolutely nothing from their mistakes. 

With the exception of Chase/Willow (and I'm assuming their turn will come), every other relationship on the show is either toxic, codependent and completely ridiculous.

• Love 4

I just wanted to smack Valentin today, starting with that blatant lie that Charlotte loves Nina more than Lulu, and finishing with those crocodile tears of his faux innocence. And Nina fucking bought it wholesale like a giant idiot, despite the constant haze of shadiness surrounding everything involving Valentin. She's either an idiot, or she's willfully deluding herself because she's too attached to Valentin and Charlotte to admit he's a loser and walk away, and both of these possibilities are awful.

Finn: "What if Hayden never miscarried? What if she had the baby?" Hallelujah, a character with a functioning brain has been spotted in PC. God, I'd give anything for Alexis to help Finn find and fight for his daughter. They're the feel-good buddy pairing we need to see way more often.

Dear Show,

Oh, is Morgan still dead? Huh, you don't say.

With no love, 

Linny

• Love 7

I liked Jax telling Hayden she's hurting both herself and Finn. Hayden is showing no remorse about lying to Finn; she looks like a straight up self-centered bitch for it.

It's good to see that Finn can still connect well with Alexis, show that he has working brain cells, and that Alexis can give advice that Finn takes to heart.

I could swear I saw "Baby Jonah" headstone in the graveyard right behind Morgan's - can someone back me up on that?

@yadayada, I laughed and agreed with your reaction, esp. because I am just in awe of how pathetic both Valentin and Nina are. I think my head hurts from rolling my eyes at Sam's tears and clinging to Jason and asking him to tell the kids she's not scared. Their reaction will probably be, "And who are you again?"

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Linny said:

Dear Show,

With no love, 

Linny

He may still be dead, at least for now,  but he certainly loved Halloween! Loved hearing the memories about how (even though he'd been shipped off to boarding school) that he was still trick or treating. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Linny said:

I just wanted to smack Valentin today, starting with that blatant lie that Charlotte loves Nina more than Lulu, and finishing with those crocodile tears of his faux innocence. And Nina fucking bought it wholesale like a giant idiot, despite the constant haze of shadiness surrounding everything involving Valentin. She's either an idiot, or she's willfully deluding herself because she's too attached to Valentin and Charlotte to admit he's a loser and walk away, and both of these possibilities are awful.

What's worse is that Valentin said all of this with absolutely no remorse or self-awareness of how horrible it and he is. He did this. He alienated Lulu's daughter against her, he's proud of it, and he's proven over and over that he has not one iota of respect for Lulu Spencer as Charlotte's mother.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

What's worse is that Valentin said all of this with absolutely no remorse or self-awareness of how horrible it and he is. He did this. He alienated Lulu's daughter against her, he's proud of it, and he's proven over and over that he has not one iota of respect for Lulu Spencer as Charlotte's mother.

I'm so tired of the Charlotte/Valentin/Nina/Lulu dynamic that I couldn't care less. I wish the show would stop this crap. It's boring and dumb.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Linny said:

Dear Show,

And Cam and Trina, who never even met Morgan (these actors hadn't been hired!), totally remember how cool he was and what a great brother he was to his siblings. The one thing the Show got right was Carly crediting Jax for giving Morgan a happy childhood as she showed a faint glimmer of self-awareness about being a shitty parent. I almost laughed at Sonny 'reminiscing' aloud to Carly about how much Morgan looked forward to Halloween. Ummm, Morgan lived with Carly and Jax when he was a child and then he was off-screen from middle school age 'til he was 19ish. 

• Love 4

I guess Morgan loved jack o'lanterns and Hallowe'en as well as penguins and everything else. Has any character ever been mourned as much as Sainted Morgan? I don't recall even Lyla being mourned this much.

Sam remembered that she has children. Please, Sam, leave them with Monica. They'll get much better care there.

I guess FH is on her way back because Finn is cluing in to a possible child. It was nice that it was Jax, who had been kept from Jocelyn, who told Hayden that she was doing him wrong.

Agree with all of the above about Nina and Valentin. Why show, why?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It was nice that it was Jax, who had been kept from Jocelyn, who told Hayden that she was doing him wrong.

Jax missed Joss's birth because Claudia kidnapped Carly, but he has been an active, involved dad starting a day or so after she was born. However, when Sonny's blond sister gave birth and died, he claimed the baby was his when he knew Nikolas was the bio father. Jax and Carly kept infant "John" from Nikolas until Robin found out the truth and told Nikolas. Jax and Carly taking care of "John" (later re-named Spencer when Nikolas got his son) is what started their relationship, which peaked when they were raising baby Joss. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Jax and Carly kept infant "John" from Nikolas until Robin found out the truth and told Nikolas. Jax and Carly taking care of "John" (later re-named Spencer when Nikolas got his son) is what started their relationship, which peaked when they were raising baby Joss. 

And yet their daughter is now older than Spenser.

Is there anyone on this show who hasn't at one point at least helped to keep a child away from a parent?

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I almost laughed at Sonny 'reminiscing' aloud to Carly about how much Morgan looked forward to Halloween.

I can't believe they missed the opportunity to fondly remember how much Morgan adored Labor Day.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I'm sure Morgan adored Columbus Day too.  And falling leaves. And Christmas.

I know it's silly of me to care but I hate it whenever the Corinthos family claims Avery. 

16 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Jax missed Joss's birth because Claudia kidnapped Carly, but he has been an active, involved dad starting a day or so after she was born.

Except for the time that Sonny had him barred from the US so he couldn't see her unless she went to see him.  I never did understand how Sonny had so much power in Washington.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

And Cam and Trina, who never even met Morgan (these actors hadn't been hired!), totally remember how cool he was and what a great brother he was to his siblings.

Cam, I could maybe buy because at least he was on the show, but Trina?! She's only been on there for a hot second. Makes everything happening utterly ridiculous.

7 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Is there anyone on this show who hasn't at one point at least helped to keep a child away from a parent?

This is why I don't give a fuck if Hayden keeps her daughter a secret. Besides, I only have misery to look forward to so I'm bitter and miserable and petty and don't care if Finn ever gets to see her, let alone know about her.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I care only because it's such a tired plot device. So unimaginative.

Probably so. This writing crew has zero imagination, so it's par for the course. They even could have tried to throw some element of danger into it to make it slightly more palatable, but they couldn't even do that.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

could swear I saw "Baby Jonah" headstone in the graveyard right behind Morgan's - can someone back me up on that?

Yes I saw that too, does that mean an exhumation and DNA test is in the future?

• Love 1

So we finally got the reveal and the blowup of the Nina/Valentin relationship and...that's it?  They're already back on less than a week later?  That is some weak soap tea, Show.

Oh, and what was the other thing I wanted to say...I can't...oh yeah, I remember.

SHUT UP ABOUT MORGAN, SHOW, SHUUUUUUUUUUUT UUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPP.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So we finally got the reveal and the blowup of the Nina/Valentin relationship and...that's it?  They're already back on less than a week later?  That is some weak soap tea, Show.

What is it with this show? There are major reveals/dramas and they totally punt the fallout. There is no fallout.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
Just now, dubbel zout said:

What is it with this show? There are major reveals/dramas and they totally punt the fallout. There is no fallout.

So we can do this all over again when it comes out months later that Valentin was the master manipulator?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And Nina will still take him back.

Nina deserves every bit of heartbreak she gets with him if this is what she chooses. I feel like she should join a club with Sam and Carly. 

• Love 6

Is Nina spoofing Valentin? Is she trying to trick him into confessing finally that he really brought (bought) Sasha to be her daughter? Can she be stupid enough to believe his continuing lies?! Sadly, yes, she could.

• Love 3

"Baby Jonah [etc.]" on a headstone? Why didn't it also say "Beloved son and grandson" to really lay it on thick? Sheesh.

And again, Sonny, MORGAN IS DEAD. He doesn't know or care who's visited his grave or who loved him or whatever blather you're spewing. You're partially to blame for his death, jackass.

The flowers Jax gave Carly are way too much for her. Of course Sonny forgets to pick up Carly. What a peach.

The comment about Charlotte not loving Lulu the way she loves Nina was a total sop to Nina to get her to take Valentin back. As always, he tries to manipulate her with her maternal instinct. And it worked! How are we supposed to sympathize with Nina when she's being such an idiot? Gah.

I really want to see Finn and Alexis team up to take down Hayden.

Jax, Hayden sucks for lying to Finn, but she hasn't robbed him of "years" of being with their daughter. 

Sam. your kids have forgotten who their parents are, so don't worry about them.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

he comment about Charlotte not loving Lulu the way she loves Nina was a total sop to Nina to get her to take Valentin back. As always, he tries to manipulate her with her maternal instinct. And it worked! How are we supposed to sympathize with Nina when she's being such an idiot? Gah.

I can kind of relate to that.  I dated a guy once with kids.  I was heartbroken when he broke up with me.  But, my love for him faded.  I still cry over those kids.

• Love 3

WR is SUCH a bad actor. I felt sorry for KG, she's such a classically trained actress and so talented. To be stuck with this Joey Tribbiani is laughable.

Ugh, more weepy ass fragile as a flower Nina. I never in a million years thought I'd say this, but I miss MSt. I need angry wailing and flailing.

Go home, Sonny and Carly. The absolute last thing this show needs is more philosophical waxing on the annointed one that was Morgan. And these teens, just no. Joss is bitchy, Dev is god awful, Cam seems clueless and Trina is just making up shit apparently.

Poor, poor Sam. Let me guess, Jason figures out a way to save her. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Free my Hayden and RBu from this dreadful storyline. At least Jax realized that it's none of his business, and Hayden did say she wanted his opinion. Hopefully, her daughter tells Finn how ugly his hair and his vests are.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Jax, Hayden sucks for lying to Finn, but she hasn't robbed him of "years" of being with their daughter. 

Honeybun is at the fingerpainting stage so she's about three now?

• Love 1

So the cop took Sam out of the room "to get ready to go to Pentonville".  Jumpsuit?  No.  He brings her back exactly the same, other than having the cuffs on both wrists.  Pee break?  Then he leaves Sam alone with Jason in the interrogation room, where Jason could have handed her a gun or knife or a paperclip (since paperclips seem to be easily used to remove police-issue cuffs).

Weird how Carly is getting discharged from the hospital at night, and Scummy decide to hang around Morgan's grave (died Oct. 7?  Aren't they late for the anniversary?) in the dark.  Joss and Jax at least have the sense to come in the daytime.

There may be a new Nina, but she's still dumber than a bag of hammers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Katy M said:

I can kind of relate to that.  I dated a guy once with kids.  I was heartbroken when he broke up with me.  But, my love for him faded.  I still cry over those kids.

I had the same situation, but now 25+ years later I am still connected to those kids via Facebook

• Love 2
10 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Go home, Sonny and Carly. The absolute last thing this show needs is more philosophical waxing on the annointed one that was Morgan. And these teens, just no. Joss is bitchy, Dev is god awful, Cam seems clueless and Trina is just making up shit apparently.

Is Trina making stuff up, though, about knowing Morgan? I know the first Trina showed up at that party that introduced the first Oscar after Morgan's death, but I could have sworn Joss talked about her friend Trina frequently enough before Morgan died that we knew she had a friend from school named Trina that she hung out with. 

Nina isn't even worth the time it will take to write these lines, but it's impossible to have any sort of sympathy for her. She's weak and she sucks. I get the impression that she loves Charlotte more than she loves Valentin and that's Charlotte is her primary reason for taking Valentin back. Valentin leaving and taking Charlotte with him seems to be the thing that turned her into unbearable mush.

If Nina wants a child so badly, there are a lot of them out there who need homes. Give her an adoption storyline. The woman has money, she can buy a house and adopt a child. And she can still see Charlotte because even though Lulu is a moron, she's not a cruel person, and even though Valentin is smarmy, he will not cut Nina out of Charlotte's life.

But whatever. Give us all the pathetic Nina you can, writers! We're all down for that, because there's nothing more titillating for women than to watch another woman take a man's lies and abuses in the name of love. So fuck you for that!

• Love 5

well, in GH-land she can adopt. But IRL an adoption agency would take one look at her record (institutionalized, ripping a baby out of a woman's womb) and turn her down flat. In fact, GH even did that. Nina was set to privately adopt when Ava showed up and told the mother what Nina did. The mother then ran for her life.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

well, in GH-land she can adopt. But IRL an adoption agency would take one look at her record (institutionalized, ripping a baby out of a woman's womb) and turn her down flat. In fact, GH even did that. Nina was set to privately adopt when Ava showed up and told the mother what Nina did. The mother then ran for her life.

People have babies all the time. I'm sure she can find another one to rip out of some poor unsuspecting woman's womb.  Don't make this so difficult:)

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Katy M said:
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

he comment about Charlotte not loving Lulu the way she loves Nina was a total sop to Nina to get her to take Valentin back. As always, he tries to manipulate her with her maternal instinct. And it worked! How are we supposed to sympathize with Nina when she's being such an idiot? Gah.

I totally get Nina's continued love for Charlotte. It's Valentin using that to manipulate her that I object to, and she always lets him do it.

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

And she can still see Charlotte because even though Lulu is a moron, she's not a cruel person, and even though Valentin is smarmy, he will not cut Nina out of Charlotte's life.

Exactly!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 10/11/2019 at 3:28 PM, sacrebleu said:

yeah-- makes nothing resembling sense. I'm a white woman of Irish descent approaching middle age, but I identify as Rihanna, therefore, I must be Rihanna.

Please accept my preferences.

I identify as a size 4

• LOL 14
  • Love 2