Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Is Trina making stuff up, though, about knowing Morgan? I know the first Trina showed up at that party that introduced the first Oscar after Morgan's death, but I could have sworn Joss talked about her friend Trina frequently enough before Morgan died that we knew she had a friend from school named Trina that she hung out with. 

Wait, there was a first Trina? And a first Oscar?! Well, okay then. I've skipped out on enough of this shitshow to be corrected.

7 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Wait, there was a first Trina? And a first Oscar?!

I can't remember if there was a first Trina, but the first Oscar was very boy band, with floppy hair. He was much slicker looking than Garrett Stitt, which is likely one reason why he was recast. 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Wait, there was a first Trina? And a first Oscar?! 

There was a first Oscar, and a first SORASed Cameron as well. The first teen Cam looked like a young Zander and lasted approx. 2 episodes before that actor was replaced by William Lipton, the current Cam. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

What did Carly & Sonny name their daughter again?

Denise.

But seriously, when is someone going to sing that (awful) song, "Oh Donna" to her?  It uses the name over and over again, too.

I believe OriginalTrina (offscreen) started that whole condom flap, where she had Joss hang on to her condoms, which led Carly to find them and go storming off to the hospital to confront Kim.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Denise.

But seriously, when is someone going to sing that (awful) song, "Oh Donna" to her?  It uses the name over and over again, too.

Lou Swenson should come back from the dead (with original actress) and sing it.

• LOL 1

As IF Michael would have a 2-second burst of anger/confrontation with Brad and Nelle. Brad's nightmare shows he's really clueless about what he's in for when the truth finally comes out.  I think that's the first time Lucas and Brad have been at home on-screen since they invited Sam over when "Wiley" was a newborn (a day or so after the baby switch)? I also think this is the first time that Lucas has called Julian "dad"?

I'll admit I laughed a little at Chase's eyeroll and Nelle's smirk with teary eyes after her seriously extra performance.

Hey Nina, if you felt "surrounded," then leave.  Lulu and Maxie and Sasha and Michael were there first, and it's not like you can't afford to go somewhere other than Kelly's.  Also, how did the police know to go to Kelly's to arrest Sasha?

Good for Lulu for bringing up Maxie's surrogacy fraud; she was right to do so in this situation. I almost laughed at Maxie being all offended/righteously indignant.  

FYI: A day without S&C, Jasam, Franco, Kim, any mention of Oscar or Morgan is at least somewhat worthwhile to watch.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Good for Lulu for bringing up Maxie's surrogacy fraud; she was right to do so in this situation. I almost laughed at Maxie being all offended/righteously indignant.  

Like I said, virtually nobody on this show is innocent in the baby arena.  Maybe Mac, Felicia, and Robert, but they're hardly ever on.

• Love 2

LOL at Michael confronting Valentin.  I just can't buy him as a tough guy.

That Sasha actress's line readings continue to bother me. When she asked Michael "Aren't you afraid to be seen in public with me?" it was like a mouse. Kind of like Nelle when she's faking meek; maybe Michael has a type.  I imagined how Ava would say that line, acknowledging her guilt but still defiant.

CL plays a sociopath perfectly.  She's best in small doses, but she really nails it.

It was a shock to see Maxie being the one to talk sense.

I like stories simmering in the background, especially ones that don't involve the Corinthii, so I like Julian's targeted flyers not coming from Olivia and Kendra targetting Alexis.

• Love 2

Shut up, Maxie.

LOL at Michael confronting Valentin.  I just can't buy him as a tough guy.

I can buy it compared to Valentin.

This Alexis stuff is lllaaaame.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

CL plays a sociopath perfectly.  She's best in small doses, but she really nails it.

Absolutely! Who would have thought the one funny moment of the day would be between a sociopath and her attorney?

"Why did I hire you?!"

"You didn't." 

I liked his exasperation that she doesn't want to acknowledge the reality of the situation. I guess representing a sociopath is a thankless job!

• Love 4

So like, do Alexis, Julian, and Lucas not know Sam's been arrested and is on her way to Pentonville? I'm guessing no, since they were going about their business today as usual, and that seems like a bizarre oversight. Wouldn't that have hit the news by now? Or at least, shouldn't Jason have called Sam's MOTHER and let her know what's up? (Don't answer that. I know that's not how Jason operates. He probably considers himself, Sonny, and Carly to be all the family Sam needs right now and always.)

Lulu and Maxie's conversation is reason number 157 why their friendship should be a thing of the past. Their values are so different and Maxie STILL can't own up to the Georgie stuff without major attitude, so please, let's accept that these women have outgrown their friendship and move on.

Valentin and Nina can both choke, I hate them both equally now. Disgusting how Nina has a pattern of tearing apart "little girls" but darling Valentin skates every. single. time.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

LOL at Michael confronting Valentin.  I just can't buy him as a tough guy.

Especially when he threatens to unleash Jason or Sonny on the person. Way to fight your own battles, Michael!

I haven't seen today so I don't know if this happened, but it doesn't matter. Michael is about as threatening as cold oatmeal.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Linny said:

Lulu and Maxie's conversation is reason number 157 why their friendship should be a thing of the past. Their values are so different and Maxie STILL can't own up to the Georgie stuff without major attitude, so please, let's accept that these women have outgrown their friendship and move on.

Right? Instead of saying immediately "I thought we were past that!" how about "that's not the same" or something like that. Obviously Lulu is past it and just trying to make a point.

They won't dump the friendship unfortunately because ER and KSt are close. Conspiracy theory but I feel like that is a major reason why ER is around at this point.

7 minutes ago, Linny said:

Valentin and Nina can both choke, I hate them both equally now. Disgusting how Nina has a pattern of tearing apart "little girls" but darling Valentin skates every. single. time.

What, you don't find him fascinating?

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Linny said:

Disgusting how Nina has a pattern of tearing apart "little girls" but darling Valentin skates every. single. time.

Nina wants to raise a daughter from childhood - does anyone remember when she wanted to be an insta-family with Ric and Molly when Molly was a young teen? I doubt she would have been eager to get in a relationship with Ric if he wasn't a divorced father of a minor daughter. Molly's horrified reaction to Nina wanting to bond with her as she was "becoming a woman" was hilarious.

She loves feeling (in large part thanks to Valentin) that she is the most important woman in Charlotte's life; bullying Willow was a symptom of that.  It's pretty clear that Nina won't have the day-to-day/unconditional access to Charlotte she wants unless she's in a relationship with Valentin because he just told Nina to her face that he was going to leave the the United States with Charlotte without talking to Lulu because he feels entitled to do so as Charlotte's father. When presented with the reality of losing Charlotte, she got back together with Valentin inaheartbeat. She may not truly believe Valentin is innocent, but losing Charlotte would be worse than living with pathetic denial.  

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Am I blind? What physical abnormality? I don't find him fascinating as much as pathetic.

In flashbacks, it was shown he had severe scoliosis, giving him a hunchback and an awful stutter.  Surgery corrected the former and he mostly overcame the latter (though it used to come out sometimes when he talked to Anna and got flustered).  

But these problems paled in comparison to the awful haircut he sported in said flashbacks (bangs.  They gave him bangs).

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Wow...Lucas and Brad in their home, in bed together, and shirtless no less.  Only to facilitate another bullshit dream fakout, but hey, it only took OVER A YEAR for a second scene in their home since this baby swap started (I actually liked the little touch of Lucas saying it was his turn when Wiley started crying). 

I guess they won't have to have their marriage-ending fight in the halls at GH after all.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Wait, there was a first Trina? And a first Oscar?! Well, okay then. I've skipped out on enough of this shitshow to be corrected.

The first Trina was in like one or two shows. She threw a party at Carly's house IIRC and we got introduced to Oscar whom Joss had a massive crush on.

Lulu, you don't want people messing around in your relationships, so don't go messing around in other people's relationships.

LOL that Valentin is still miffed that Nina stayed with Jax. What an insecure wienie.

Sasha is not guilty of identity fraud, Show. She never claimed to be anyone other than Sasha Whatever. She lied about being Nina's daughter, but no one knows who that person is. How could she steal that identity? And LOL that Michael thinks doing it for her sick grandmother means she should get off! What a totally reasonable thing for Sonny and Carly's son to think.

And slander isn't one person privately telling another person something they don't like. GOD.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Nina wants to raise a daughter from childhood - does anyone remember when she wanted to be an insta-family with Ric and Molly when Molly was a young teen? I doubt she would have been eager to get in a relationship with Ric if he wasn't a divorced father of a minor daughter. Molly's horrified reaction to Nina wanting to bond with her as she was "becoming a woman" was hilarious.

Why do I have absolutely ZERO memory of this?? Probably because I simply wasn't watching at the time. Unless it was last year around mid-April, then I could blame it on my concussion.

4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

In flashbacks, it was shown he had severe scoliosis, giving him a hunchback and an awful stutter.  Surgery corrected the former and he mostly overcame the latter (though it used to come out sometimes when he talked to Anna and got flustered).  

But these problems paled in comparison to the awful haircut he sported in said flashbacks (bangs.  They gave him bangs).

Again, didn't watch. I've heard reference to it, but I mostly tune him out. Valentin is so boring because he's always fawning over Nina. Or Nin-UGH, as she should be called.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

The first Trina was in like one or two shows. She threw a party at Carly's house IIRC and we got introduced to Oscar whom Joss had a massive crush on.

You guys, let's face it. Unless Ava or Hayden's on (and not even then sometimes), it's likely I have missed some parts. But I truly do appreciate all the filled in content. Thanks, y'all, as we like to say down here in the southeastern U.S.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Valentin was a teenage hunchback, remember?

I Was A Teenage Hunchback, by Valentin Cassadine. I'm sure it would go flying off the shelves.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

Why do I have absolutely ZERO memory of this?? Probably because I simply wasn't watching at the time. Unless it was last year around mid-April, then I could blame it on my concussion.

Were you watching four years ago? It was June 2015, and Molly was not happy that her dad had married Nina. Nina told Molly "you can call me mom" even though she was aware that Alexis is Molly's mom ... and an already hostile/awkward situation continued downhill from there. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

What better way to demonstrate how truly hideous he was?  The horror!

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Were you watching four years ago? It was June 2015, and Molly was not happy that her dad had married Nina. Nina told Molly "you can call me mom" even though she was aware that Alexis is Molly's mom ... and an already hostile/awkward situation continued downhill from there. 

I was watching, and I have zero recollection of any of this. Nina was married to Ric?? 

This show... in one ear and out the other.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I was watching, and I have zero recollection of any of this. Nina was married to Ric?? 

For like three minutes and then we found out that Ric was secretly involved with Nina's mom and it was a way to get Nina's inheritance.

• Useful 1

It was a shock to see Maxie being the one to talk sense

Granted the timing was wrong, but why was Lulu in the wrong with telling nuNina about the fraud being perpetrated against her daughter's stepmom?

Edited by sunnyface
sonny
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I don't even remember that Ric and Nina were married. Actually, I don't really remember what happened last week, so forget about June 2015

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Granted the timing was wrong, but why was Lulu in the wrong with telling nuNina about the afraid being perpetrated against her daughter's stepmom?

Maxie's answer was basically: Because it made everyone mad and sad.

• Love 1

Oy-- so both Brad and Valentin are supposed to be afraid of Michael's wrath? please, show-- stop trying to pretend Michael is a badass.

He's as milquetoast as they come-- in fact-- lets just put him in a reindeer sweater now. The only time I ever found him interesting was when he turned on Sonny & Carly-- and they won't ever have him do that now. 

I wonder if they're going to have Nelle do something heroic (like save a kid while on work detail) to get her out of jail sooner. (I have a hard time believing she and one-handed Ryan can break-out without help)

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Oy-- so both Brad and Valentin are supposed to be afraid of Michael's wrath? please, show-- stop trying to pretend Michael is a badass.

Brad has more reason than Valentin, for sure. Valentin should swat Michael away like an annoying gnat. And really, the baddest Cassadine that ever Cassadined shouldn't be afraid of having Sonny and/or Jason sicced on him, either, but we know how that works.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I was most likely watching in general, but again I have zero memory of Ric marrying Nina. WTF? It just sounds so bizarre. What was the reasoning?

• Love 2

As mentioned earlier, Ric was secretly involved with Madeline, and they were trying to get Nina's trust fund/inheritance. This was when Ric had that crying-baby app (which was called "Waaah," IIRC!) and was trying to gaslight Nina. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

As mentioned earlier, Ric was secretly involved with Madeline, and they were trying to get Nina's trust fund/inheritance. This was when Ric had that crying-baby app (which was called "Waaah," IIRC!) and was trying to gaslight Nina. 

And I'm having a Celine Dion moment. It's all coming back to me now! Although I'd just as soon forget it...

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

JL as Kevin/Ryan and WL as Cameron are so great they make me willing to tolerate Bernard and Burton.

Kevin speaks like an adult, asks legit questions from a psych perspective and FrancoDrew responds like a petulant teenager who knows Kevin is correct. I liked Kevin bringing up Cameron and Franco's last moment at the same time that Cameron was talking to Kim about Oscar and the real Drew Cain, and that she's not justified in taking Franco away from their family. Kim should feel like shit about being schooled by a 16-year-old, and also that her actions are a big part of the reason he's crying. Maybe her tears mean she feels bad for someone other than herself for once?

Ryan is so creepy/chilling and I assume he uses that pen tomorrow to stab Sam's accuser to death.  However I call bullshit that the idiot would be put in the same cell as a known sociopath serial killer. 

HATE Laura apologizing to her criminal friend that she can't help. Not a good look, Madame Mayor.

Paraphrasing:

Sonny: You should SO be intimidated and feel threatened by my tone and swagger.

Julian:  I SO am not.  Your attempted shakedown is lame. Bye now.

• Love 3

I remember Ric being married to Nina for a hot minute, and working with Madeline to get to her money. I definitely don't remember any interactions with Molly though. But it doesn't surprise me about her telling Molly to call her mom, with her desperation for children and all. Ha

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Yes, I do remember that crying baby app now. Good lord almighty. 

That was legit my favorite part of the whole story. Someone went to the trouble of mocking up an app icon and everything!

6 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Paraphrasing:

Welcome back, DGAF Julian. You've been sorely missed. (At least by me!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

As much as I despise Sonny with the heat of a thousand suns and love Julian, I kinda, sorta, kinda have to agree a teeny tiny bit with Sonny.  If Julian has decided to stay and keep the bar, than he has to give Olivia his deposit back.  Olivia doesn't get the bar and doesn't get her money, while Julian gets the bar and her money.  That ain't right.  Just saying.

There are many things on this show that make me want to reach into my screen and punch someone in the throat and nothing drives me more insane right now that this nonsense that Franco spews about Oscar being his son.  Stop it show.  Oscar is Drew Cain's son because the boy DNA came from Drew Cain, not from Franco Baldwin.  GUH

Sometimes this show catches me by surprise and it actually did that today.  After Jason convo with Bryce, I fully expected Peter to kill him in jail.  And then they had Bryce's cell mate be Ryan and lo and behold, that's how Bryce is going to die.  

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

If Julian has decided to stay and keep the bar, than he has to give Olivia his deposit back.  Olivia doesn't get the bar and doesn't get her money, while Julian gets the bar and her money.  That ain't right.  Just saying.

Oh, totally. But Olivia should handle this. Sonny shouldn't be involved at all. (I know, I just laughed myself out of my chair, too.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

But Olivia should handle this.

100% agree.  And by handle, she shouldn't be putting smear flyers around town like a 16 year old posting about a bad prom date.  Hire Diane, put the fear of dog in Julian and get the money back.  (I adore Julian but this is a dick move on his part, something I would expect from Sonny)

• Love 1