Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Haven't been here in AGES but just a few observations:

New Nina's acting is so bad I wonder if she just won a local high school drama club and this is her prize.  Talk about over emoting.. And

I'll bet she's never hungry with the way she chews the scener.y

Jesus Tap Dancing Christ--the lawyer is TAD MARTIN??????????????? Boy he has't been moisturizing.

No matter how bad Valentine is I just can't quit him. mmmmsexy

Listening to am is like taking an Ambien

one  tip for Monica--better veneers.

back into hibernation.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Good GOD, but that grrrrowwwllling that Nina was doing was like nails on a chalkboard, not to mention she sounded like she was chewing the scenery very, very, very, very HARD.

I can’t help when watching CW play this out to think of how over-the-top MS would have played this. Nonetheless, her performance is right up there with drunk Alexis and Ava hurled over Kiki’s body bag for recent scenery chewing (though I do really like NLG and MW as performers)  

I can’t decide if I hate this direction they’re taking with Kim or if the writers are just being provocative. Given the rest of the material, I’ll go with the former. Regardless, this better be a Shadybrook setup for Kim. 

I thought it was Peter setting Sam up.

Mob-trained Michael is the perfect boyfriend for Sasha. She lies, he feels badly for her that she was "forced" to.

7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

There seemed to be a few places on the tape that indicated possible tomfoolery, but nothing was certain. Because it could go either way, Jordan dropped the charges against Sam. The tape was supposed to be the big proof she did want Shiloh dead, I guess. WHICH SHE DID. 

I also don't understand what Spinelli found on the tape to exonerate Sam. Because everyone knew that Sam wanted Shiloh dead.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Jesus Tap Dancing Christ--the lawyer is TAD MARTIN??????????????? Boy he has't been moisturizing.

Really?  I didn't see one wrinkle on the man.  His skin looks fantastic.

I'm simultaneously laughing and eyerolling at Peter framing Sam.  Laughing because seeing her low-energy mumbling try to convey anguish is hilarious, and eyerolling because all this is going to be is a Sam/Jason on the run story (bye kids!  Be good for Monica!) and they win.  Ho-friggin-hum.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Seriously. I thought he was gonna look not too great but he does indeed look great. He should give whatever he's using to Steve Burton.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I also don't understand what Spinelli found on the tape to exonerate Sam. Because everyone knew that Sam wanted Shiloh dead.

If I understood his explanation correctly, he listened to the highest and lowest frequencies, which are basically white noise. If a tape is legit, the white noise would be uninterrupted, but there were breaks in the noise, which indicated that the tape was spliced and not a single conversation recorded in its entirety.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Annamz said:

I just started watching Lost with my husband who raves about it. I'm barely on the middle of season 1 and don't remember seeing her? Looking forward to it even more now. It's a very good show so far. 

15 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

No, I don't think she was on in the beginning seasons.   I can't remember which seasons, but I'm pretty sure it was later on.

Watros first appears in season 2 of Lost. She plays Libby, one of the characters who had been in the tail section of the plane and thus were separated from the characters we had met at first.  

Spoiler

She and Michelle Rodriguez, who played another "tail-away," were abruptly let go as series regulars despite being in the middle of what seemed to be significant storylines. ABC swore that it had nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with their both being in the news for drunk-driving arrests on location. But they both returned for a few episodes in the later seasons.  

14 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Why with Finn, Hayden, and Anna? Finn is boring with Anna. Finn is boring with Hayden. Some triangle with them will be extra dull.

If those are the choices, I do prefer him with Hayden. Rebecca Budig really is not all that much younger than Michael Easton, but she "reads" younger, and he needs that. He works better as the older member of a couple, in my opinion.  

I've seen some complaints that the cast is too large and needs to be trimmed, and I agree. The combination of the large number of characters needing to be serviced, the heavy screen time for a chosen few, and the short scenes General Hospital favors keeps relationships and connections from getting traction. How long has Chase been on now, most of two years? When he was eyeing Hayden and Finn and having some troubled reaction, I couldn't remember why he cared. I even tried to remember if he and Hayden had had some history. Then I remembered that he's Finn's brother.  

Unpopular opinion: I thought Watros did okay with Nina's reaction to the Sasha reveal. In the things-are-going-well scenes, she definitely plays a more subdued, less manic NIna (thank heaven), but the wracked vocal quality and moans/grunts worked for dormant craziness fighting its way to the surface. One of the legs of the table on which her new life rests had just been knocked out. And there may have been some rage in play too, because Girl Reporter was vindicated for wrecking the wedding. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 5

I hope Curtis doesn't get Hayden a dog; adopting a dog is not something to do on a whim and she travels.

I'm hoping, since she's currently living with Liz and the Boyees, that the boyees keep it. Then when Franco eventually returns, he's learned that he's been replaced by a dog.

(only kind of joking-- she's living with Liz-- she should probably ask Liz if she wants a dog.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm simultaneously laughing and eyerolling at Peter framing Sam.  Laughing because seeing her low-energy mumbling try to convey anguish is hilarious, and eyerolling because all this is going to be is a Sam/Jason on the run story (bye kids!  Be good for Monica!) and they win.  Ho-friggin-hum.

That's just an expression for "he hasn't aged well".  I never would have thought it was Tad.

12 hours ago, ulkis said:
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ooooh, I like that Shiloh is framing Sam. That's very soapy.

it's Shiloh? Not Peter?

D'oh! It's Peter. My fingers were thinking Shiloh while my brain was thinking Peter, and my fingers won.

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Watros first appears in season 2 of Lost.

I had no idea she was on the second year.   Thanks for that info.   I still miss that show, despite its crappy ending, which I still have not made peace with.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

It took me a while, but I believe I found a screen cap of Nina when she was berating Valentin at the church...

Oh that's SO funny. Now all I can think of is Nina growling "you have brought dishonor upon my hoooouse..."

In other (shallow news), Nina and Valentin made the least attractive wedding couple I have ever seen. Only on this soap could they be romantic leads. Frisco and Felicia they ain't.

• Love 3

Am I to believe that Jax allowed Nina to sleep in her wedding dress on his couch??  No way.  He would have offered to sleep on the couch and at least given her some sweats.  He's way too chivalrous.  

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I think he looks fantastic. 

Me too.  I like the silver fox look.  I love Micheal E. Knight.

• Love 12

I thought I deserved an afternoon off, and decided to watch this action packed episode live. 

New Nina didn't have a lot of chemistry with anyone, and Nina the character lost a lot of the previous scene chewing element.

This is like watching a high school play where the lead actress was picked because she is the head cheerleader, and has no idea how to act. 

I wish I had a fast forward function. I think the FF button is why it hasn't bothered me as much until now

Edited by Happywatcher
1 minute ago, Happywatcher said:

I thought I deserved an afternoon off, and decided to watch this action packed episode live. 

I wouldn't call watching GH live an afternoon off, tbh. It's more like an exercise in eye-rolling with a side of wanting to tear your hear out or bang your head on the nearest wall. 

• Love 2
On 10/9/2019 at 9:17 AM, sacrebleu said:

Oh, CW can bring the crazy. I remember her Annie Dutton from Guiding Light. I saw a brief flash of it while she was talking to Sasha, remembering how she had to restrain herself when she first met her to keep 'from smothering her." There was a flash of the old crazy eye that made me think in that moment, she was considering actually smothering Sasha. Which would have been hilarious.

I know she can bring the crazy, as her Annie especially revealed. I just can't see anyone besides Michelle being so simultaneously evil as molesting and ripping out the baby while also raging, REPENT! REPENT! and that wild lamp throwing at her mother. CW's Nina has been a huge disappointment for a character that never needed to be recast, let alone exist, in the first place. She's too doe-eyed wimpy for me.

On 10/9/2019 at 9:40 PM, ffwbe said:

Are we supposed to see Kim as the villain or a victim in all of this? Characters keep mentioning that she can’t control her actions due to Oscar but they've been writing her as so smug and selfish that I don’t get how anyone is supposed to be on her side unless they just really hate Liz or Friz. The tipping point to me was the conversation today with the lawyer where she said that Liz already lost her husband so why should she have to lose Drew again. The fact that she can’t even see past her own desires is astounding to me if they still want people to see her as a “good” character

I am not a fan of Friz at all, but I'm not sure if I'd say I hate them. I liked their wedding party (although that was mostly due to the other soapy elements going on), and I can at least say that I felt their little family dynamic was decent. I just think Liz (again, not a huge fan but I've really come a long way), can do much better. And yes, Kim is disgusting and needs to go far away.

23 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Why with Finn, Hayden, and Anna? Finn is boring with Anna. Finn is boring with Hayden. Some triangle with them will be extra dull. Let's just throw Peter into the mix so we can all have an insomnia cure. No thank you.

I think the common denominator here is that Finn is boring. Which I've been preaching for years. At this point I'd rather have Hayden and Anna hook up. Don't worry, long time viewers, not really. But you know what I mean. I dare say they would have more chemistry though. And they did work together previously as Greenlee/Anna for a good while.

3 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

I had no idea she was on the second year.   Thanks for that info.   I still miss that show, despite its crappy ending, which I still have not made peace with.

I'll go to my grave saying that I liked the Lost finale. I might be the only one.

Well, I tuned in yesterday for my I guess once every six to eight episodes or so. Missed the wedding and reveal. Missed more of the FrancoDrew crap (not sorry at all), missed Samzzzzzzzzz. Looks like I didn't miss that much.

As far as yesterday's show goes, why are they dragging out this Sam being arrested nonsense? Now the feds are involved? She does look pretty I'll say (especially her hair), but I'm so tired of this story. 

The actress that plays Charlotte was trying so hard so I want to give her credit. But she just isn't there yet as far as acting ability. And way to go, Maxie, just nonchalantly blurting things out. 

I liked how Sasha was taking full responsibility and not sugarcoating her role in the lie, but I'm still completely unclear as to why she lied to Nina in the first place. There isn't really a grandmother, is there? 

Loved Liesl, as always. She so wanted that bagel with capers. 

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 3

So as to the deal with "Franco thinks he's Drew, therefore he is Drew" thing...now that the real Drew Cain is being declared dead (in absentia) - how can the living Franco claim to be the recently declared dead Drew Cain?

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

And way to go, Maxie, just nonchalantly blurting things out. 

I don't think Maxie is at fault here. She and Peter were talking about the wedding and its fallout. Lulu and Charlotte happened to show up at the wrong time. I think Charlotte is old enough to get some explanation, but I don't think she needs every detail, but I guess then we couldn't have her "How do I know yoiu're not lying about everything?!" outburst otherwise. I hate that anyway: One lie, even a big one, doesn't mean all you do is lie. 

13 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I liked how Sasha was taking full responsibility and not sugarcoating her role in the lie, but I'm still completely unclear as to why she lied to Nina in the first place. There isn't really a grandmother, is there?

I liked that, too. I think the grandmother was a slight retcon, as originally she was in it for the cash. I think the writers decided to make her more sympathetic and added in the sick grandmother later. Which, who cares? She pretended to be someone's daughter when she wasn't. That's the main issue here, not the why, IMO. It's not as if Nina is going to be mollified when she hears about Sasha's grandmother. Or she shouldn't be, IMO.

• Love 4

So as to the deal with "Franco thinks he's Drew, therefore he is Drew" thing

yeah-- makes nothing resembling sense. I'm a white woman of Irish descent approaching middle age, but I identify as Rihanna, therefore, I must be Rihanna.

Please accept my preferences.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Why in the world is Sasha not dropping the dime on Valentin and Liesel? This is so doggone stupid. Tell the darn truth - the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I am ready for Valentin and Liesel to get theirs. 

• Love 9

Even though Cynthia Watros leaves a lot to be desired as an actress (that bug-eyed shit she pulls bothers me every time), I liked the way Nina was written today. She didn't hesitate in shutting down Valentin's lies, she defended herself without Jax's aid, and she removed herself from the situation pretty quickly and efficiently. That parting shot, that she knew Valentin didn't have much of anything going for him outside of her, was cold as ice and brutal in its accuracy.

I'm prepared to walk back my feelings for Nina if she chooses to believe Sasha's story of Valentin's innocence, however. I think Sasha's dumb to compound her existing lie with a brand new one, especially one in Valentin's favor, as he's not deserving of her protection, and it certainly doesn't help Nina to push her back to the source of the deceit. I'm hoping it's misdirection and Nina won't actually believe Sasha, since the show is teasing Nina and Jax and that can't get liftoff if Valentin is forgiven.

I was for sure not expecting Ava to show up at Nina's desk with a conciliatory bottle of booze, and I think that was a nicer gesture than Nina deserves, given their history, but I didn't exactly hate it. Ava rising above her past with Nina in solidarity as women burned by a lying man works for me. Nina could use a companion outside of the Crimson group, and God knows Ava needs one less person ready to sic the attack dogs on her, so I wouldn't mind if they buried the hatchet. 

And wow, who knew I had so many thoughts on Nina, lol. Happy Friday, guys!

• Love 10

Nina said she couldn't trust Lulu as far as she could throw her. Why? I remember one of the other times that Nina and Valentin were broken up that she and Lulu were getting along fine. Lulu was involving Nina in Charlotte's life - in fact, encouraging it. Why, then, doesn't Nina trust Lulu.

Was there are a dust-up between the two of them?

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Why did they have Alexis tell Julian and Ava that Neil isn’t her boyfriend? Didn’t she tell Kristina not that long ago that they’re dating?

So that Ava could point out to Julian he may still have a chance with Alexis/to tease a potential Julian/Alexis/Neil triangle (which would be magnified/complicated if Brad talks about FIL Julian or adoption attorney Alexis in their sessions). I assume we are meant to believe Alexis is not over Julian because she said she had no news when Neil asked her about her day. I think Julian breaking up with his girlfriend, deciding not to leave town and attempting to keep his bar counts as news.   

Yes, she told Kristina that she and Neil are dating. (Beginning of dating and a committed relationship are not the same thing IMO.)

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Sheggy50G said:

Nina and Lulu have tangled over how much input of a parental kind Nina should have in Charlotte's life. They're in a state of armed neutrality most of the time, but every so often Nina goes overboard on something—like when Charlotte was bullying Aiden and refused to believe it—and the arguing begins again.

• Love 2

My favourite moment of the episode was Ava taking the Scotch to Nina to sympathize with her despite their history. That's what I'd rather see than Sonny yelling at a woman telling her she's scum or Jason sanctimoniously killing someone unworthy.

Usually I like Alexis but I have no patience with her telling Julian to just ignore the flyers and get a new gastropub. Saying that he paid off the health inspectors is not only libel, it's defamation that could follow him into any future endeavor. Also, has she no empathy for him, trying to get his life back after rearranging it for Kim who subsequently dumped him?

I hope Liesl doesn't stay in Switzerland for too long. She brings the fun.

53 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

She's too doe-eyed wimpy for me.

That's how I feel about the Sasha actress. Deer-in-the-headlight eyes, breaking voice, and she's always shaking her head as if she has Tourettes when she has to show emotion.

I don't believe her story that there was a grandmother just as I don't trust her saintly taking all the blame on herself but they will probably retcon her story.

• Love 4

I think it was during the "Charlotte is bullying Aiden" story when they clashed over how to discipline Charlotte. Other than that, I don't they've interacted much.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Linny said:

God knows Ava needs one less person ready to sic the attack dogs on her, so I wouldn't mind if they buried the hatchet. 

19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

My favourite moment of the episode was Ava taking the Scotch to Nina to sympathize with her despite their history. That's what I'd rather see than Sonny yelling at a woman telling her she's scum or Jason sanctimoniously killing someone unworthy.

Bury the hatchet? With the woman who drugged me, molested me, tormented me, put me into an unsafe forced delivery with no doctors, no hospital, then ripped the baby out my womb (I still shudder at the thought of Nina's hands being inserted literally into Ava's body), then stealing the baby and fleeing to another country, all the while gloating and then never ever really apologizing for all of it? 

I don't want to see to Sonny yelling at women or Jason continuing his thug life as a career criminal either, but fuck Nina forever. And if I were Ava, I'd no sooner bring her scotch than wish her dead from a rotting flesh eating bacteria. No, I'm not forgiving and I'm sure as hell never forgetting. I'd rather see Ava alone than become friends with Nina. HELL NO.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 11
39 minutes ago, Linny said:

I was for sure not expecting Ava to show up at Nina's desk with a conciliatory bottle of booze, and I think that was a nicer gesture than Nina deserves, given their history, but I didn't exactly hate it. Ava rising above her past with Nina in solidarity as women burned by a lying man works for me. Nina could use a companion outside of the Crimson group, and God knows Ava needs one less person ready to sic the attack dogs on her, so I wouldn't mind if they buried the hatchet. 

Probably the best moment this week. I'm assuming they'll go back to fighting next week, but for now, it was a nice gesture. 

The show really lacks for female friendships. Nina and Ava will never be friends, too much has happened between them, but this was a nice change of pace.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Julian can't pay back Olivia? This is stupid. A couple of bachelorette party stripping sessions would cover it quickly.

What did he do with the money in the first place? If he used it for a place in Manhattan, he can sell and get it back.

Ugh, these money plot points are always so galactically stupid.

• Love 5

Joss and Oscar was a snoozefest. Joss and Dev is just straight up annoying. I'm not sure why he is even on the show and how Sony is regarding him has not helped endear me to him. If the character isn't supposed to come off as smarmy, the actor is doing a horrible job. If he is smarmy, why would I want to cheer for him to and up with Joss.

More Cam and Trina, less Joss, and no Dev, please.

• Love 14

Dev is definitely smarmy to me, which makes him the perfect pseudo-son to Sonny, who just oozes smarm and self-justification.

I really don't want to see him with Joss but at least it would get her to stop "Oscar, Oscar, Oscar" all the time.

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

What did he do with the money in the first place? If he used it for a place in Manhattan, he can sell and get it back.

Ugh, these money plot points are always so galactically stupid.

He used it for the down payment on the place in New York I have no idea why he can't sell it and get the money back Does he think that Olivia is just going to let him keep the money she gave him?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I would think once money changed hands the sale would be complete.  Since the sale wasn't complete, I don't know why the money wasn't held in escrow.

Isn't Julian filthy rich anyway?  Kim seemed to think he had enough money to kidnap Oscar to S. America to be treated against his will. 

Some people think Kim and or/LWB are nearing the end of their run, due to their character   being un-rehabable.  But look at Ava, Julian and Nina.  They've all done something they can't come back from, yet they're still on.

• Love 1

Wait, Sasha really was adopted? Have we always known that? There has really been no indication that Willow was adopted, so the theory that she is actually Nina's bio-daughter could go out the window. They could do a re-do of the story of Alexis & the Cassadine half-sibling, and have it turn out that Sasha actually is Nina's bio-kid.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I would think once money changed hands the sale would be complete.  Since the sale wasn't complete, I don't know why the money wasn't held in escrow.

Isn't Julian filthy rich anyway?  Kim seemed to think he had enough money to kidnap Oscar to S. America to be treated against his will. 

Some people think Kim and or/LWB are nearing the end of their run, due to their character   being un-rehabable.  But look at Ava, Julian and Nina.  They've all done something they can't come back from, yet they're still on.

I think Julian was supposed to be out until Nathan Varni or whoever intervened. The Olivia made him do it stuff was definitely a retcon. 

Nina's worst crimes were against "just" Ava, who was a villainess herself.

Ava as well "just" shot fat AJ. She screwed over Morgan but she didn't kill him. They were doing that pill stuff during Maura West's renegotiations so maybe that's what's happening with Peter. And he'll resign and Peter will redeem himself by selling his hair.

I'm not convinced either Kim or Peter are out, especially Kim, but Peter is committing crimes against Beautiful Sam and that's another matter on this show. They can't do a tumor made him do it again. Well they can but that would be pretty embarassing.

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Wait, Sasha really was adopted? Have we always known that? There has really been no indication that Willow was adopted, so the theory that she is actually Nina's bio-daughter could go out the window. They could do a re-do of the story of Alexis & the Cassadine half-sibling, and have it turn out that Sasha actually is Nina's bio-kid.

I don't think we know. She told Curtis that she was adopted, IIRC, but it could have been part of the lie. 

Psssst, 'a college friend lab tech ' is the new ' girlfriend from Canada' pass it on. 

I suppose we're supposed to think Sasha is so selfless and self sacrificing to take all the blame, but it's really just more lies to make Nina feel better, and hasn't Sasha learned that that doesn't work out so well.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I didn't hate Lucy's reaction to Sasha today, it rang true to her character and her history.  I do hope this whole Face of Deception thing isn't just a fluffing device for Sasha, but that we get some good Lucy out of it too.  Hey, maybe call one of your daughters to help run the company with you, Lucy! #idreamedadream

• Love 4

Dev needs to go. I'd take Oscar back to get rid of Dev. 

Brad sucks, expecting Julian to do his dirty work. UGH. I laughed when Brad told Julian to consider how Lucas would react when he found out Julian was involved, and Julian basically was like, "Eh, he hates me on most good days anyway."

Ava as the Greek chorus to Julian and Alexis was pretty funny.

Julian losing his down payment on the apartment in NYC was actually legit. Color me shocked.

I like that Nina was suspicious of Sasha's idiotic story. I don't know why Sasha continues to protect Valentin, especially because she's never said she's afraid of what he'll do to her. She's got Michael as her big savior.

For once, Sonny wasn't smug toward Jax about the Dev nonsense.

Neal really needs to have a second door put in so his patients don't cross paths. 

Shut up with the hair shirt, Sasha. Ugh. I'm sure we're supposed to think she's all noble for fessing up and taking most of the blame, but it's so self-serving.

Edited by dubbel zout
Cleaning up some grammar
  • Love 8