Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

On 10/31/2019 at 12:47 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:
  • Nina: Cleopatra...ho hummmm
  • Valentin: Marc Antony--oh how he WISHES!

I was wondering what Disney product had Antony and Cleopatra.

I also wondered when Disney bought the Estate of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

While the actors are close in age, are the characters? I mean, is Maura playing older than her actual age?

Not that I'm aware of. Which is why I always go by actor ages unless there is a specific birthday that is celebrated on screen with birth year.

• Love 2
On 10/31/2019 at 12:47 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:
  • Ava: Cruella DeVille--DUH. That costume is so ICONIC
  • Jax: Mr. Incredible--Again, DUH! But ROWRRRR!!!! ♥️!💕😍💕♥️
  • Curtis: Sherlock Holmes
  • Molly: Justice RBG (She looked awesome!)
  • Nina: Cleopatra...ho hummmm
  • Valentin: Marc Antony--oh how he WISHES!
  • Sasha: Captain Marvel? PUHLEAZE
  • STUPID LITTLE SHIT er, Michael--????
  • Jordan--????
  • Laura--???? I feel like I should know!
  • Joss--???DAFUCK?
  • Cameron--???
  • Trina--???

Late to the game but I also didn't know who Michael was supposed to be.  I knew Sasha and Jax were superheroes but didn't know which ones.  Nope, the giant "I" on Jax's chest didn't even clue me in.  Jordan, no idea.  Laura was queen of hearts, I only knew because of the heart on her face.  Joss I thought was supposed to be an 80's girl/Madonna.  Cam - greaser?  Best costume I have to agree - Molly nailed it!  She looked adorable.  Curtis looked good as Sherlock Holmes and I also loved Ava.  Although they were a little too precious, I did like Chase and Willow.  They were cute.  Also Lulu and Dustin. 

Molly and TJ are more level headed than pretty much all the adults acting a fool on this show.  If they decide to get married, I am sure they will think it through.  Not everyone has to sleep around with a million partners as the adults on this show suggest.  

Ugh, please no alcoholic story for Cam.  Although Trina may have been the drunk one coming on to Dev.  You can do better girl!

When did Sam turn into such a wuss??  God, she'll probably bore Cassandra to death.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Geez Jordan, project much? TJ and Molly are old enough to make their own decisions without interference from you. If they grow apart 10 or 15 years down the road, then they figure things out. It's not the end of the world. And how the hell do you know if they both want children?

Jordan may have been projecting, but I think a lot of her concerns were actually quite valid. I think there should be concerns - no matter how level-headed they may appear - when people get married young, especially if they're basically high school sweethearts. It doesn't mean they shouldn't get married or that their marriage is doomed to failure but I get a mother not necessarily immediately jumping for joy at the prospect. Jordan doesn't know if they want children. She specifically states if that's a conversation Molly and TJ have even had, which is a valid point. It's not like Jordan was going on about this for weeks and refusing to give TJ the ring he asked for. She stated some concerns, discussed them with her husband, and by the end of the episode told TJ the choice was his and he didn't need her blessing.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Late to the game but I also didn't know who Michael was supposed to be.

Sadly, I believe Michael was supposed to be the one and only T'Challa...the Black Panther! Incredible that they would take the whitest, blandest guy on the show and make him the King of Wakanda.

• LOL 9

I actually felt a twinge of sadness for Ava with that montage of her removing her belongings before she entered what I'm assuming is rehab. 

Her scenes with her and Laura are really good. 

So seems like Jax has known all along that Nikolas (who looked excellent in his tux) was alive.

• Love 8

Based only on that description (I haven't actually seen the last couple of episodes) it sounds like some half heart support by Jordan at best.  I do understand that people in their early twenties getting married should be well thought out, but they aren't 18 or something.  Considering how Stella treated Jordan and Curtis' prospective marriage, you would think Jordan would set herself as a supportive figure that TJ can turn to.  That said, what TJ and Molly have discussed about their future is something that Jordan can't know and I think she's worrying a bit prematurely.

• Love 3

I love the mother-son chemistry Elizabeth and Cam have, even in bad moments like him being caught "drunk." She said she was going to have a long conversation with him tomorrow, which was good to hear because it's a reminder she was parenting these boys waaaayyyy before Franco came along and she doesn't need Franco around to handle the good and bad of parenting.  She has the life experience of being around Lucky's drug addiction and drinking to use as an example of why it's bad for Cameron to go down this road when he's in pain. 

I pretty much never feel bad for Ava, but I did when she was crying on Laura. Laura better get a mega, heartfelt apology from Nikolas for letting her believe he was dead all this time. 

Yes, Brad, go on and be offended and loudly protest about being accused of lying to/betraying Lucas.

• Love 9

I'm pretty sure that both Jax and Hayden knew that Nik was alive because he was the one who hired them. Which makes Nik's appearance to Ava and then disappearing cruel especially since it forced her into Shadybrook.  Also cruel that he's keeping Laura in the dark.

I think WL did a really good job of showing Cameron drunk. I also liked how Liz handled the situation.

Shut Up, Michael.  It's not  your place to run Sasha's life. Even if that's what your mother and Sonny do.

I don't like what Julian is doing in terms of Brad's marriage to Lucas. Brad will end up losing both Wylie and Lucas.

1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

When did Sam turn into such a wuss??  God, she'll probably bore Cassandra to death.

When?  When she went back to Jason.  lol to boring Cassandra.

I've lost hope that the Kendra vendetta will actually ever circle back to Kristina lying about her Big Secret. Poor NLG if this is the best storyline she can get on the show.

Edited by statsgirl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Not remotely any of her business.

Mostly, my point was addressing tvgoddess's comment about whether or not Jordan even knew if TJ and Molly wanted kids. I was saying that Jordan doesn't know and she mentioned to Curtis that she doesn't know if TJ and Molly have had that conversation. 

But, I will say, Jordan isn't some stranger off the street. She has every right to wonder if her child wants kids. And, I think she has every right to even ask him that. What isn't her business, or her right, is to pressure them about it or get involved in that decision. That is TJ and Molly's business.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I don't like what Julian is doing in terms of Brad's marriage to Lucas. Brad will end up losing both Wylie and Lucas.

I don't like what Julian is doing mainly because it will take no time for Lucas to cut him out of his life. Again.

But Brad deserves all the blow back for all the crap he has pulled and has been pulling. Hopefully Lucas's taste in men will be on the upswing after this coming disaster.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I don't like what Julian is doing, either, but Brad's the one who started this mess.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Based only on that description (I haven't actually seen the last couple of episodes) it sounds like some half heart support by Jordan at best.  I do understand that people in their early twenties getting married should be well thought out, but they aren't 18 or something.  Considering how Stella treated Jordan and Curtis' prospective marriage, you would think Jordan would set herself as a supportive figure that TJ can turn to.  That said, what TJ and Molly have discussed about their future is something that Jordan can't know and I think she's worrying a bit prematurely.

Given the numbers of lies Jordan has told TJ in the past, I don't think it would be a great idea for her to lie to him and pretend that she's all in on this idea if she's not. She told him that her opinion didn't count and that this was TJ's call, which is was the right way to go IMO instead of acting like she was excited just yet. It doesn't mean TJ can't turn to her.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I pretty much never feel bad for Ava, but I did when she was crying on Laura. Laura better get a mega, heartfelt apology from Nikolas for letting her believe he was dead all this time. 

Yes, Brad, go on and be offended and loudly protest about being accused of lying to/betraying Lucas.

9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't like what Julian is doing, either, but Brad's the one who started this mess.

The FUCK, you say? I asked this yesterday, but no one responded, but WHY would Nik let Laura think he was dead, and he's STILL not letting her know he's alive? Stupid Punk. So much his father's son. And Laura being Laura, and especially under this regime, will forgive him INSTANTLY and without reaming him. Who is she, after all, but his MOTHER. Who grieved and continues to grieve his loss.

At least Robin thought she had a good reason to hide until Emma saw her.

For realzies! Asshole's been lying to his husband for over a year! I just want to punch his face ever time he tries to turn it around and blame Lucas. Because Brad? You HAVE been lying; You HAVE been hiding things from the person you promised honesty. So you can just STFU with your whining.

23 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Not remotely any of her business.

Not at all. And what arrogance. To assume they want children right away. Hell, TJ hasn't even ASKED Molly yet, and Jordan's whining about how they're too young to get married and have bebes.

18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm pretty sure that both Jax and Jordan knew that Nik was alive because he was the one who hired them. Which makes Nik's appearance to Ava and then disappearing cruel especially since it forced her into Shadybrook.  Also cruel that he's keeping Laura in the dark.

Eh? Why would Nik hire Jordan? She's a public servant. And if you meant Curtis, that still doesn't make sense since he was spying on Jax at Valentin's behest. Unless you mean Jax and Hayden?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Eh? Why would Nik hire Jordan? She's a public servant. And if you meant Curtis, that still doesn't make sense since he was spying on Jax at Valentin's behest. Unless you mean Jax and Hayden?

I meant to type "Hayden" but got off track by the Jordan discussion. Six letter, non-traditional female names.

Hayden was the one who brought Curtis in on it but I don't think he knew who they were working for..

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The FUCK, you say? I asked this yesterday, but no one responded, but WHY would Nik let Laura think he was dead, and he's STILL not letting her know he's alive? Stupid Punk. So much his father's son.

I don't believe there's been an explanation/poor excuse yet. Nikolas appeared to Ava, then took off. Ava said Nikolas saw her at the Metrocourt Halloween party, and then followed her to the gallery. Laura responded she was at the party too, wouldn't he have come to her if alive? (Well, he did see her face-to-face, just didn't take the mask off or say hello, mother I've missed you.) She told Ava she misses him/wants to see him every day of her life. 

Nikolas showed up in his tux and without the mask at Jax's place at the last moment today; Jax and Hayden both obviously knew he was alive. 

13 minutes ago, Happywatcher said:

It was just booze? Like it wasn't mixed with molly or anything?

Just booze from Sonny's liquor cart, that Cam poured into an empty soda bottle.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:
22 minutes ago, Happywatcher said:

It was just booze? Like it wasn't mixed with molly or anything?

Just booze from Sonny's liquor cart, that Cam poured into an empty soda bottle.

I think this is the supposed to be the first time Joss and Cam have gotten drunk.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Sadly, I believe Michael was supposed to be the one and only T'Challa...the Black Panther! Incredible that they would take the whitest, blandest guy on the show and make him the King of Wakanda.

He's Jon Snow from Game of Thrones. One of the few non Disney costumes they had.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Mostly, my point was addressing tvgoddess's comment about whether or not Jordan even knew if TJ and Molly wanted kids. I was saying that Jordan doesn't know and she mentioned to Curtis that she doesn't know if TJ and Molly have had that conversation. 

And before that she said she was sure that they both wanted to have kids. My point was, no she doesn't know that. She ASSUMES that. She has no idea what Molly wants or what Molly is thinking. And it's rude of her to presume to know.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think this is the supposed to be the first time Joss and Cam have gotten drunk.

Together, but didn't Joss get drunk at her hot tub party, when original!Oscar was introduced?  And is she supposed to drink with only one kidney, because Nelle didn't. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, tvgoddess said:

And before that she said she was sure that they both wanted to have kids. My point was, no she doesn't know that. She ASSUMES that. She has no idea what Molly wants or what Molly is thinking. And it's rude of her to presume to know.

Why is it rude? Did she bring that up to Molly? No. And, while there are a lot of women who don't want kids, I think it's a reasonable assumption to think it's a possibility. A possibility she was discussing in a private discussion with her husband, not TJ or Molly. And it's certainly a discussion the two - TJ and Molly - should be having before he even thinks of proposing.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, xfuse said:

He's Jon Snow from Game of Thrones. One of the few non Disney costumes they had.

Jon Snow never dressed like that. Not on that abysmal show or in the books. Oscar was dressed as Jon Snow a couple Halloweens ago and that was a hell of a lot closer to the mark than whatever they were trying to achieve with Michael.

Also those gloves were way too big for his small hands.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Why is it rude?

Because people's reproductive choices are no one's business but their own. What if Molly knew she was unable to have kids, and Jordan kept talking about it? It could be very hurtful, and Molly might not be ready to talk about it. What's so hard about letting Molly and TJ bring up kids up first?

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

What is up with Carley's attitude about Liz?

Elizabeth is the mother of Jason's first born son, Jake.  When Carly found out Jake was Jason's and that Jason and Liz had been lying to her, she confronted each of them and also behaved like Jason had cheated on her. She's been very vocal over the years about Liz being a liar, hypocrite, yada yada ... I think her line was supposed to mean she wants Elizabeth to take responsibility that her son was drinking and so that's why Josslyn was drinking. 

7 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Carly has hated liz since the milisecond she thought Jason might be into her.  It's never abated.

It started when teenage Elizabeth thought Lucky was dead and asked Jason to dance with her to make the pain go away. Carly saw them dancing, was extremely jealous, demanded that Sonny tell her if Jason was seeing Elizabeth, Sonny taunted her in return, and then Carly and Sonny had hate sex.

• Love 9

Yeah, Carly started her "muffin face" bs pretty early on in her issues with Liz, which would not fly these days.

And, seeing Jason and Liz together (I think it was when he was hiding in Liz's studio) was what led to her sleeping with Sonny the first time, even though it wasn't anything.  If that hadn't happened, I firmly believe that Jason and Carly would be the dipshit couple we hate on instead of Sonny and Carly.  

ETA:  CarSon, Liason, JaSam, Journey... all of this is Carly's fault.

Edited by ouinason
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I think her line was supposed to mean she wants Elizabeth to take responsibility that her son was drinking and so that's why Josslyn was drinking. 

Wasn't it also Cam's fault that Joss was a shoplifter? Ugh. Shut up, Carly.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Yeah, Carly started her "muffin face" bs pretty early on in her issues with Liz, which would not fly these days.

And, seeing Jason and Liz together (I think it was when he was hiding in Liz's studio) was what led to her sleeping with Sonny the first time, even though it wasn't anything. 

He was hiding in Liz's studio because she was taking care of him after he got shot. He'd been "on assignment" for Sonny, got shot, went to Sonny's for help, saw that Sonny and Carly just had sex (because Carly was jealous and furious about seeing Jason and Liz dancing). He took off and passed out in the snow, bleeding. Liz found him. 

• Love 3

I know LiLoC is recurring these days, but I'm a bit surprised they didn't drag out Olivia for the MetroCourt Halloween party. It's the kind of cheesy thing she loves, and it makes sense for one of the owners to be there.

Oh, Brad. You don't owe Carly or Sonny any explanation of your life.

Ugh. Even when Sonny agrees with Jax, he's a complete asshole.

Why didn't Ava describe Nik's costume to Laura? They both saw it. So stupid.

How can be happy with Valentin lying to her, Sasha? Riddle me that. You're an idiot.

I don't think rehab is a bad idea for Ava, and I like that both Laura and Julian immediately helped her when asked.

• Love 5

The way Nikolas said his complete name to Ava—as if they were meeting for the first time just had me 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 so hard.

At least I was spared having to actually watch SheBeast’s and Liz’s phone conversation.

I still remain confused as to why Sasha insists on being a martyr and wearing that hair shirt she’s so fond of flaunting.

Considering their history, I’m shocked Jax and Nik want to have anything to do with each other.

Both Genie and Maura were just great and they and Liz’s scenes were the best part of today’s show.

• Love 2

Ugh, enough with Sasha and now Brad claiming the title of town pariah. It's not yours to claim. Hayden's currently up for it, but she's going to have to really wrestle it away from Ava who's owned it pretty much since she came to town.

Chillow were really cute today. And I love when Willow stands up for herself or other people.

Nina and Valentin are worthless as usual. Shut up, both of you.

Liz and Hayden tag teaming Cam on his stupid choice was awesome. "Oh, yeah...I recognize that kind of stupid. The morning's not going to be kind to you, my friend." I bet she was a fun drunk in her younger years. And "at least he got hammered someplace classy" lol. Oh, Hayden. I love her. That was a Greenlee line. Plus Liz's "baby's first hangover". This was a great family scene.

Laura's hair is gorgeous. Wish they would let her look less matronly and more like this.

I mostly enjoyed this whole episode except for Carly and Sonny, shocker.

Ready for the Halloween costumes to be gone now.

I thought the kids actually did a good job with the drunk scenes. I also don't think it's leading to any kind of alcoholic storyline. Teenagers experiment. It doesn't make them alcoholics. It makes them teenagers.

The Ava/Laura scenes were really good. I don't like her having to check herself into Shadybrook when she isn't lying. I know she's experiencing complicated grief on another level with Kiki, but the Nik thing is real.

• Love 11
58 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

You assume these writers are even aware of/remember that history.

They should know since they alluded to it around the time Jax first returned. Alexis was trying to convince Jax that Valentin was dangerous and one of the examples she used was what he did to Nikolas and Jax said something like they were never going to see eye to eye when it comes to Nikolas. I assume it had to do with Jax and Nikolas’ history since Alexis got caught in the middle a few times. 

• Love 1

Jax told Hayden when she first got back that he was just in it for the money, and if he's not going to get any, he's out.

1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

The Ava/Laura scenes were really good. I don't like her having to check herself into Shadybrook when she isn't lying. I know she's experiencing complicated grief on another level with Kiki, but the Nik thing is real.

While I'm glad Ava is going to get professional treatment from someone who isn't a psychopathic killer, I wish it weren't because Nik is gaslighting her. He owes apologies to Laura, Ava and Spencer.

Not to mention, if he'd stuck around at the gallery, Ava would have given him Helena's portrait instead of them having to keep looking.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

You assume these writers are even aware of/remember that history.

That reminds me about something that I realized the other day when Lulu's boyfriend called Dev, Mr Corbin. Sonny is Michael Corinthos, Jr. Presumably, Dev is pretending to be the grandson of Mike's cousin. Mike was actually born Michael Corinthos and only changed his named his last name to escape his gambling debts a few years after running out his wife and kid. Why even bother using the Corbin name.

• Useful 1
On 10/29/2019 at 7:54 PM, mostlylurking said:

Becky always gives it 100% and doesn’t sleep walk through her scenes like other “lifers”.

KM: “mmblmdmm.... whuh? zzzzz”

On 10/31/2019 at 4:08 PM, perkie1968 said:

New Nik is a cutie, but I have to say that I was disapointed it wasn't Tyler or even Nik Stabile.  Lets see how much chemistry there is between him and Ava.  

I actually thought it was Coltin Scott Whatever for a second.  They look a lot alike! I had been hoping for Nik Stabile (don’t judge! I liked him last time), but assumed it would end up being TC since he’s apparently available. My first impression of the new guy is he looks too young, but turns out his age is actually in the ballpark. He just doesn’t look a day over 30 to me. One thing he does have going for him is a long list of prior credits, so I assume he can act. Fingers crossed!

Um, Laura, your other son came back from the dead. Also your grandson. And you yourself were once presumed dead. So enough with the “Nickolas can’t possibly be alive!” crap, ok? (Can’t believe Genie made it though that scene with a straight face.)

And Ava, your brother’s standing right there! Why are you dropping your diamonds into a plastic storage bin that doesn’t even have a lock?

I would never have predicted a Laura/Ava friendship, but I like it. More, please.

11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Because people's reproductive choices are no one's business but their own. What if Molly knew she was unable to have kids, and Jordan kept talking about it? It could be very hurtful, and Molly might not be ready to talk about it. What's so hard about letting Molly and TJ bring up kids up first?

I can’t tell you how many people have asked me, in a tone of idle curiosity, why I don’t have kids. They never stop to think that I may not have had a choice, or that the subject might be painful.  My husband just says, “We weren’t that lucky.” That shuts them up. 😉

• Love 14
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Why didn't Ava describe Nik's costume to Laura? They both saw it. So stupid.

That still wouldn't mean that the guy was Nikolas, just that it was a guy they both saw.  

12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The way Nikolas said his complete name to Ava—as if they were meeting for the first time just had me 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 so hard.

When she passed out into his arms and he hugged her and looked like he smelled her hair, I must say, I may have squeed a little.  

12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Considering their history, I’m shocked Jax and Nik want to have anything to do with each other.

It's going to be about money.  They have to make Jax as evil as possible so he looks better than Sonny.  So greedy Jax kept the truth from his good friend Laura for money.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Um, Laura, your other son came back from the dead. Also your grandson. And you yourself were once presumed dead. So enough with the “Nickolas can’t possibly be alive!” crap, ok? (Can’t believe Genie made it though that scene with a straight face.)

I think that Laura cannot believe that Nikolas would be such an asshole that he would let her, Spencer and his siblings think that he has been dead all these years without reaching out to them. Or that when he facing his mother albeit in costume, he would do not say one word to her.

We know that it has been at least a year that Nikolas was moving about without being someone's prisoner or being too sick to move because that was when he help Cassandra escape after she went after Anna and Finn. And apparently Jax and Hayden both know Nikolas was alive since they had return back to  Port Charles.

Unlike Lucky, who was kidnapped, imprisoned and warned that his loved one would be killed if he ever tried to reach out to them.

Instead  this is all going to be money and the Cassadine forturne in which Nikolas apparently placed a higher value that the grief his mother, his son and siblings had suffered about his supposed death.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 1