Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

On 11/6/2019 at 9:24 AM, sacrebleu said:

Why can't these two just get together and drink and scheme and make Sonny's life miserable. Is there some go-fund-me I can contribute to -- to get that?

Oh my god I would love this so much. So it will never happen 🙄

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I watched today's episode but I missed the implication that Nelle is Nina's daughter? Where did that come from? I still think it's Willow. 

I think the implication is that Nelle married Shiloh, and there's all that EEEEEVUUUUHHHLLL ill-gotten money to be had.

My money's has been, for a long time, that Nelle is Jerry Jax' daughter.

Oh, and there's speculation from Haus Nutmeg that Sasha is a Cassadine with Obrecht as mother.

• Useful 3

From the look on Nikolas' face and what he said to Cassandra as he drove away...he's going to kill her, isn't he? Or does he need her alive for some reason?

I just am so sick and tired of Joss' whining. ROBIN was the same age, maybe a year older when Stone died. Yet, she was able to go to the bridge and think about him, them. Was able to go to school, be with her friends. In short, did the best to live her life--and this was AFTER she was diagnosed with HIV. So Joss can just miss me with her pity partying ass.

And why doesn't Jax just kick Nikolas out of his house? He looks weak and stupid, the way he can't agree to let Joss stay even on weekends. This is the guy that FOUGHT for custody and was denied for a long time; kicked out of the United States, thanks to Mooby and SheBeast's enabling asses. And divorced couples who share custody, actually have the kids going to the non-custodial parent's every weekend or whatever arrangement they've agreed to do. And yet, we have Jax, hemming and hawing over this, because of fucking NIKOLAS? What, is Jax is LACKEY now?

Lawyer Sanders' "southern" accent seemed to have disappeared when talking to Nelle. Until the end, when it came back. ARGH.

The only good thing about yesterday was seeing the bebe (even if he looks more like two than the year old he's supposed to be) who plays Wiley, smiling at whoever was on the other side of the camera. He was just so happy--ignoring what Michael and SheBeast were talking about.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

someone is asking her tough questions.

And seriously, these are not tough questions, they are the logical ones for Curtis to ask. I did like that Curtis pointed out that Sasha was not serving Nina in the long run by keeping quiet about her accomplice (which he realizes is Valentin but has no concrete proof).

1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:

My money's has been, for a long time, that Nelle is Jerry Jax' daughter.

Jerry would be horrified at how inept a schemer his daughter turned out to be, darling.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

One thing I did notice today was when Colonel Tad Sanders was talking to Valentin at the end, he appeared to drop the southern fried accent. Does that mean he is faking it, or did MEK just forget what he was doing for a minute?

I thought it was missing for a while, too. But the ever-changing accents are keeping me entertained these days. Last week, Dranco was sounding like an Englishman who was trying to lose his accent and sound "American". When he had his farewell talk with Liz, I heard nothing at all. Maybe RoHo and Tad Sanders (best name ever!) are having a private contest to see who can screw up accents the most.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

From the look on Nikolas' face and what he said to Cassandra as he drove away...he's going to kill her, isn't he?

I just want to know if he walked into Enterprise and rented that van. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I just can't with this Nik story, he broke a dangerous drug dealer out of WSB custody so she would poison the daughter of his rival?!?!

and Jax and Hayden are working with him... why? Just because Valentine is SUCH a big bad?!?!

The dots just aren't connecting with this story-- I feel like they're just picking names of past characters out of a hat... and when it all comes out, we'll discover... Epiphany was behind the whole thing, because of her long-standing animosity for... Lois!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

I just can't with this Nik story, he broke a dangerous drug dealer out of WSB custody so she would poison the daughter of his rival?!?!

You have got to be fucking kidding me. And since he's on his laptop, I guess he didn't read or see how Sasha isn't Nina's daughter after all? STOOPID, STOOPID, STOOPID. It just BURRRRRRRNS.

• Love 1

I just can't with Nik being a Big Bad because he has no ideas of his own. He's always expecting other people to do his work for him -- find out where the codicil is; find the painting; take out the daughter of his rival.  He's lamer than Valentin if that's even possible.

I was pleased to see Jax take on some of the responsibility for Ava's breakdown because yes, he made her situation worse. Too bad it was just another lie to get the painting. I thought Ava freaking out at Jax was deserved.

Apparently work detail = social hour for Sam. First Curtis, then Jason come by to see her.

18 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, I'm SO TIRED of hearing Joss whine about missing Oscar. Why isn't she in therapy? She really needs to stop making everything about him not being there.

She apparently inherited endless mourning from Carly. And Carly inherited baby stealing and judgement from Bobbie.  "Another man is the only father Lucas will ever have' (or something like that).  Lucas gets to say that but not Bobbie.  Did Julian even know of Lucas' existence? 

Was Bobbie always such a bitch to people not in her family?

• Love 6

How did Sam call Jason? If she had a phone, why didn't she call 911 first? OMG. How can every story be so galactically stupid? /rhetorical

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Yes, that's very in character for her. In her early days on the show, she was quite the shit-stirrer.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

BM and RC deserve all the praise. The Tony and Lucas scenes were beautifully acted!!!  I teared up, which is rare.  The Tony/Bobbie moment was a nice touch; JZ conveyed that Bobbie felt his presence. It helped me to ignore Brad being an ass, Maxie and Lulu being twits, and Jason and Sam trying to pull of angst. 

Charlotte's fear at the end was believable.  Re: previews, hey Lulu that can happen when you're not watching your child because you're enjoying chatting with your bestie in a public place.  Cassandra should fear Charlotte's grandma the mayor though. 

• Love 1

Jax, what do you think the internet is? News flash: It's a cesspool of nastiness. (Except PTV, of course.) Of course people are going to be rude and unkind. I'm so tired of hearing Ava whine about her mistreatment. For her to think she'd have 100 percent positive feedback is completely absurd.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Did Julian even know of Lucas' existence?

Yes. When Cheryl was pregnant, she said Robert was the father, (I can't recall the details?) but Julian insisted the baby was his. Or something. Robin dragged Robert to get a blood test done to prove it one way or the other, I think. And it was revealed that Julian was the father.

• Useful 1
58 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Didn't Cassandra meet Michael and Sasha on Sonny's island by chance? They didn't plan that trip weeks in advance, so how could Nik have orchestrated it for Cassandra to be out of WSB custody and on Sonny's island at that time? She didn't know who Michael and Sasha were until they introduced themselves.  Stupid writers. 

• Love 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Didn't Cassandra meet Michael and Sasha on Sonny's island by chance? They didn't plan that trip weeks in advance, so how could Nik have orchestrated it for Cassandra to be out of WSB custody and on Sonny's island at that time? She didn't know who Michael and Sasha were until they introduced themselves.  Stupid writers. 

I think Cassandra was whooshed from WSB last year when Anna was kidnapped, and the island trip was THIS summer. But yeah, stoopid writers.

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at Cassandra jumping out of the van. Nik is a dunderhead.

So, he was trying to kill her? Jeebus Fucking Christ.

Why yes, Nik. Laura will be SO thrilled you're alive and won't bat an eye if she learns you're also a kidnapper and murderer. Just like Dad.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Lucas, Tony and Bobbie were a much-needed emotional highlight today. A lot of the show right now is frustrating and/or nonsensical, and taking this detour down the connection of the Jones family was a nice reminder that there is still some heart to be found.

"I'm crazy but I'm not CRAZY!" God, I love Ava. Of course she saw through to Jax's goal, though I think Jax is decent enough that he meant it when he said he felt bad about Ava's predicament. But first and foremost he was there fishing for information, and he needed to be called out for it.

So now Lulu is gonna be so enthralled with conversation about Peter's wardrobe that she's going to miss a strange woman talking to her child? Jesus, this is dumb. She's sitting facing Charlotte's direction, she ought to be able to see the Cassandra interaction. Lulu rightly takes a lot of shit for her reporting skills, but she's always been an involved mom, and I find it hard to believe that even Girl Reporter wouldn't keep a closer eye on her kid. (Also, nice job, Nik, letting this loony escape so she can sink her claws in your NIECE. I'm seriously so unimpressed with him.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Why yes, Nik. Laura will be SO thrilled you're alive and won't bat an eye if she learns you're also a kidnapper and murderer. Just like Dad.

This isn't the first time he had murder in mind. He previously tried to have Hayden murdered (gunshot to the head) but the shooter messed up. I think Laura knows about that?? Hayden and Nikolas just mentioned that bit of history in the "Nikolas is revealed" flashback scenes so Jax is aware of it too. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

This isn't the first time he had murder in mind. He previously tried to have Hayden murdered (gunshot to the head) but the shooter messed up. I think Laura knows about that?? Hayden and Nikolas just mentioned that bit of history in the "Nikolas is revealed" flashback scenes so Jax is aware of it too. 

Ah, I didn't know that. But then again, I think I'd just left to go live on the Barge.

"Take the win, Bobbie, and the thank-you." Seriously. Hate Julian all you want, but it doesn't mean he wasn't sincere. Sheesh.

5 minutes ago, Linny said:

Lucas, Tony and Bobbie were a much-needed emotional highlight today. A lot of the show right now is frustrating and/or nonsensical, and taking this detour down the connection of the Jones family was a nice reminder that there is still some heart to be found.

Awesome Writer somehow escaped for an episode. (Tony's headstone cracks me up: "Dr. Anthony Jones"—hee.)

Does Cassandra have a locker of clothes stashed somewhere, or was that coat something Nik had for her?

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Jax, what do you think the internet is? News flash: It's a cesspool of nastiness. (Except PTV, of course.) Of course people are going to be rude and unkind. I'm so tired of hearing Ava whine about her mistreatment. For her to think she'd have 100 percent positive feedback is completely absurd.

Yup. And this is why I mostly don't feel sorry for her. Laura has been nothing but compassionate to her and she immediately thinks Laura was totally screwing her over? And then she complains that the town hates her. 

Emme Rylan was accessorized great today.

Why doesn't the show use Chase more damn it.  

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Yes, but she's really become insufferable the last few years, what with being a cheerleader for all things Sonny and Carly.  

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Remember when she was like "it was just AJ!" about him getting killed?

No, I do not remember that.  That is terrible.  Yes, AJ had issues. No doubt about that.  But, he was hardly the devil or some inconsequential spider.  He was a human being.  And he was also well on his way to redeeming a lot of his past mistakes.  Also, Bobbie has claimed that Monica is her best friend.  AJ is Monica's son.  Since Bobbie has also lost a child you'd think she could show a little compassion.  Monica's lost 3 kids for crying out loud.  Some of them multiple times.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Julian is usually my audience surrogate, but he dropped the ball when he failed to retort that if he can't be a "real" second father after reuniting with his bio son, then Bobbie must be in the same position with Carly.

I think Jax actually was right be be a bit chagrined about the fallout over the Ava cover. The digital arms of magazines have to make a decision about whether to just let the freakshow fester in their comments, or to do some serious moderation. A "classy" magazine should be doing the latter.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Yep, he even said he'd vet better next time. So he isn't above trying to have her killed again.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Nik is a pretty bad villain, given that his plans fail at least half the time.

It isn't even his plan most of the time, he just hires people and they figure out what to do

The first plan he himself was carrying out after kidnapping Cassandra from the WSB was picking her up from the work detail and killing her and that failed miserably.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Helena would be so very, very disappointed.

Helena was terrified of Valentin who is a bumbling moron at best. She must be cheering Nik's half-assed plans from whatever circle of hell she's in.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

OMGEEE!!!!!! All those FEELS! I teared up the second I saw Brad! And oh, my heart! The wall! Steve! Alan! Jessie! Tony! Rick! Amy! How I wished they’d have given us flashbacks! I won’t lie-I shed tears.

And that moment with Tony and Bobbie? The way he leaned his head against hers? Took me back to Tony listening to BJ’s heart in Maxie! *sniff* 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

The rest? Ehh. Nikolas continues to prove he’s just as much of an idiot and incompetent as Valentin. Damn but I miss Victor...Stefan (the first iteration), ORIGINAL!Stavros, and Helena. They all got shit done!

And Jax also continues to be so OBVIOUS, as well as an idiot. BRENDA returned from the dead for him as did Jerry.🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Oh if only Awesome Writer could stick around and write for Tony!

• Love 1

I can't believe that I was so excited to get Nicholas back.

6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Jax, what do you think the internet is? News flash: It's a cesspool of nastiness. (Except PTV, of course.) Of course people are going to be rude and unkind.

As much as I dislike Jax manipulating Ava, I'm going to give him a pass for not knowing how much women on the internet are the targets of harassment. Especially if they hold progressive views as Ava does, to the extent of needing security protection.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Yep, he even said he'd vet better next time. So he isn't above trying to have her killed again.

If I remember correctly Nikolas wanted to have Hayden killed because she knew that he knew that Jake Doe was Jason. Only Not.

He also stole Hayden's diamonds and took them with him when he faked his death the first time. I guess he has  backrolled his past few years with those diamonds including kidnapping Anna and Finn while freeing Cassandra who is bent on hurting innocent people.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

How did Sam call Jason? If she had a phone, why didn't she call 911 first?

I thought Jason was just stalking Sam in the park, since she told him earlier she would be there, and to make sure the kids didn't see her.  (Like they'd recognize her, anyway.)  I thought she radioed for help.  Don't know why he needed to call 911, too. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

"Take the win, Bobbie, and the thank-you." Seriously. Hate Julian all you want, but it doesn't mean he wasn't sincere. Sheesh.

Honestly, what is with her deep hatred for Julian? I'm really curious since most of Julian's history prior to WdV's incarnation is murky for me. Obviously, he's Lucas's bio dad, but did he do something significantly awful to Bobbie or her family in the past? I know that this version of Julian has done some shady shit but the level of Bobbie's hatred for him just seems so freakin' over the top. Especially when you factor in that Bobbie's past isn't so squeaky clean you would think she could actually grasp that it is possible for Julian to reform.

7 hours ago, ulkis said:

Yup. And this is why I mostly don't feel sorry for her. Laura has been nothing but compassionate to her and she immediately thinks Laura was totally screwing her over? And then she complains that the town hates her. 

It's not like she's wrong about the town hating her. And, after witnessing Jax's mostly faux concern just because he wants that painting, I can see why Ava would make the leap that Laura's concern wasn't entirely genuine. Ava is a mistrustful person by nature, I think. She's had a lot of bad breaks (some her own fault, some not.) I think she's always wary of people showing her kindness and wondering what's the agenda. Again, I think that comes from how people have treated her and the way she is as a person herself.

God, Nik is a moron. He basically announces to Cassandra that he plans to murder her and he didn't even bother to lock the rear door of the car. What the hell did he expect her to do, just sit there politely and wait to be murdered?

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Honestly, what is with her deep hatred for Julian? I'm really curious since most of Julian's history prior to WdV's incarnation is murky for me. Obviously, he's Lucas's bio dad, but did he do something significantly awful to Bobbie or her family in the past? I know that this version of Julian has done some shady shit but the level of Bobbie's hatred for him just seems so freakin' over the top. Especially when you factor in that Bobbie's past isn't so squeaky clean you would think she could actually grasp that it is possible for Julian to reform.

I read that they might have been briefly involved back when the original Julian was on the show but that was before my time. The only legitimate gripe I could see Bobbie having with Julian is that he caused Lucas to get shot (although Luke was really at fault for that one). Otherwise, they’ve been writing Bobbie as being bitchy and hypocritical towards Julian for no reason ala Sonny and Carly. I honestly don’t get the point of her character these days since she doesn’t really add anything to the show. I like most of the vets but Bobbie’s scenes usually annoy me since her main purpose on the show for the past 20 years or so has been to prop Carly. 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

It's not like she's wrong about the town hating her.

No, she's not, but there's a reason/reasons they do. If only the town hated Sonny and Carly like they did her.

Honestly, what is with her deep hatred for Julian? I'm really curious since most of Julian's history prior to WdV's incarnation is murky for me.

No, it's just another bit of random Bobbie characterization and a splash of everyone must rag on Julian.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

How did Sam call Jason?

She didn't.  Jason just happened to wandering around Rice Park, because he knew she was on work duty there.   It was "take the thug to Mom's work" day!!

16 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

how could Nik have orchestrated it for Cassandra to be out of WSB custody and on Sonny's island at that time?

She wasn't.  Nik got Cassandra out of custody a year ago and apparently was keeping her somewhere overseas.  Then she took off and came to the States a few months ago and for whatever reason, to the island where she ran into Masha.  Nik was pissed with her that she had left wherever he was keeping her, saying it had messed with his plan to neutralize Valentin.  

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Jason just happened to wandering around Rice Park, because he knew she was on work duty there.   It was "take the thug to Mom's work" day!!

Yes. She told Jason the location and asked him to keep Danny and Scout away so they wouldn't see her as a prisoner. Also, so she wouldn't have to double her 2019 interaction with them. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, ciarra said:

to make sure the kids didn't see her.  (Like they'd recognize her, anyway.)

LOL. RIght?

11 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

the level of Bobbie's hatred for [Julian} just seems so freakin' over the top.

Especially since they rarely interact. That she can't just icily tolerate him makes her look so petty.

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:
19 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

How did Sam call Jason?

She didn't.  Jason just happened to wandering around Rice Park, because he knew she was on work duty there. 

Yeah, I posted that before that was explained, heh. 

Nik to Jax: Don't worry. They think I'm dead. No one will give me a second look. 

Um, you are only one of the richest, most notorious people who ever lived in PC and pretty much know and/or are related to everyone. Jesus God. And the way he was driving that van, like a little kid pretending to drive, constantly jerking the steering wheel from side to side and looking in the rear view mirror forever to have a conversation with her in the back. Why do you even use a totally fucking obvious huge white utility van with no windows to pick her up. Then getting all chatty about "why I have to kill you" without the doors being locked and before he has complete control of her. Ugh!!!

I was excited to have Nik back but within a week, it's put near ruined due to the stupidity and absurdity of the plot. 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 4