Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

On 11/12/2019 at 6:29 PM, ulkis said:

liked Lulu's sweater but maybe just in comparison to the weird floral blouses she wears a lot.

it was not so much the colour as it was the style, so unflattering, made her body look like a Herman cartoon character,

8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And who’s  to say she didn't get off of a boat at the pier, since she was on assignment and saw what was going down? She probably had them ship her luggage home.

I thought she originally went to talk to Alex about LWB and to tell her to shut up on who's the mommy.  Did it morph into another assignment, somehow?

I can't believe she went half way around the world and doesn't even have a purse with her to carry Tic Tacs. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I thought she originally went to talk to Alex about LWB and to tell her to shut up on who's the mommy.  Did it morph into another assignment, somehow?

I can't believe she went half way around the world and doesn't even have a purse with her to carry Tic Tacs. 

Yes. Both Robert and Finn talked about how she was on assignment for the WSB.

12 hours ago, lala2 said:

I'm in the minority w/you b/c I love Brad. I always have. Yes, he's messed up, but like you, I just can't hate him. I prefer the gray characters anyway, and Brad is definitely gray. He's not evil, IMO, but he's not all good. He will make mistakes. He will make bad choices. Honestly, he's the more interesting half of Brucas if you ask me. 

I didn't see the episode where he called Charlotte a brat, but I wholeheartedly agree w/him on that. I'm in the minority and have the unpopular opinion of liking ER's Lulu. I absolutely HATE that they made her have a kid w/a sociopath, and that she is always the one painted as the bad parent or the one Charlotte doesn't really love. I wish Lulu didn't care about Charlotte as much as she does. If I had it my way, Lulu would wash her hands of Charlotte or we'd learn that she wasn't really Charlotte's mother. I cannot stand that brat. And I'm sick of Lulu always getting grief over her and them never letting Lulu stand up for herself. I read that Nina was just screaming at her a day ago and blaming her for Charlotte being kidnapped - a diversion tactic I understand - but still Lulu didn't know that. Why is she always taking crap from everyone?!?! I'm just over it. 

I was right there with you until the part about Lulu.  I liked original Lulu because she had shades of gray (and was played by a much better actress, IMO). This Lulu is just boring to me. 

1 hour ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Well, another reason why Tyler Christopher isn't coming back:

GH Star Arrested for Public Intoxication

Geez, he hasn't been able to pull it together for a while. Hard to believe he's closing in on 50.

Funny that they chose a picture of him with Brook Lynn, considering 

Spoiler

she’s the next recast character to make a return.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:
  6 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Geez, he hasn't been able to pull it together for a while. Hard to believe he's closing in on 50.

Reveal spoiler

They're just throwing shit up against the wall, aren't they?

6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I liked original Lulu because she had shades of gray (and was played by a much better actress, IMO). This Lulu is just boring to me. 

I agree with you a million percent (even if it is mathematically impossible, I'm still going to do it).  

• Love 3
14 hours ago, ulkis said:

Are you talking about Peter and Alex or Peter and Faison?

I was referring to the fact that Robin knew AJ was really Michael's father and pissed off Carly when she told Jason the truth (Carly insisted Michael was in danger if AJ was revealed as the father). Then, Robin found out Jax wasn't the father of Spencer and told Nik, even though Carly told Robin she shouldn't tell because she owed Carly after Michael or some such nonsense.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Yeah, we're talking about it in the media thread. It's sad all around. I'll never forget during his last stint here, how everyone was gathered around, and I can't remember who thought someone should stay at Windemere, and Nik went; "Winde-whaaat?" It was so hilarious, I wondered if that was an ad-lib.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I agree about Lulu. Let her stand up for herself to Val and Nina already! And slap the shit out of Nina while she's at it. It was nice that she had Laura and Maxie telling Nina to shut up and leave, but she can do that herself. She's always but..but..but...I...I...I..... hesitating while they yell at her lately. Girl come on and bite back. And yes Charlotte is a brat, and Brad wasn't wrong to call her that. Oh and miss me with the sexist crap Dr. O. Plenty of boys have been called brats as well. 

Yes!!! I would love to see that, but Lulu is everyone's punching bag. She didn't stand up for herself against Valerie, Olivia, Maxie, Nina, or Valentin. I'm just sick of it. I'm sick of them writing it so she constantly takes abuse from others. It's ridiculous! As you said, bite back!!! 

7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I was right there with you until the part about Lulu.  I liked original Lulu because she had shades of gray (and was played by a much better actress, IMO). This Lulu is just boring to me. 

Reveal spoiler

she’s the next recast character to make a return.

I understand. I know many don't care for ER's Lulu, but I'm the opposite. JMB was a good actress, but I just couldn't stand her version of Lulu. I found her version wholly unlikeable. It wasn't until ER took over the role that I began to tolerate and then eventually like Lulu. I can now say I'm a Lulu fan. I was not a fan when JMB was in the role. 

But we agree about Brad, so that's nice!! I'm happy to see he has some other fans out here! 

• Love 6

I remember starting to like the JMB Lulu when Dante/DZ was brought on. A lot of the time before that, I did find her annoying, but I thought maybe I was supposed to. I felt they were writing someone who had growing up to do and was supposed to be perceived that way, and that JMB was doing a good job of playing it.

I did prefer her, as the Lulus go. 

All of you who are going to be seeing Wednesday's episode a day late, steel yourself for more of Josslyn talking about how much she misses Oscar.

There's also a Carly speech about the perils of excessive drinking that is either awkwardly or extremely well timed, depending on your point of view on Wednesday's news. 

I think Coloma is fine for Nikolas, age-wise and looks-wise, but I have to admit that when Jax gets up in his face and yells at him for leaving the house and all that, it's a little like I'm watching a father and his unruly son. Dude's a young 41. It's hard to picture these two duking it out over SWSNBN all those years ago. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 4

Violet is awesome. She has sparkle like the boy who plays Daniel on B&B. ME has great chemistry with Violet. I know I'm in the minority but i like him.

Whoo! Interesting chemistry between Valentin and Anna. 

Lol ava must have gotten a cut and blow dry at the psychiatric hospital.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

There was a time when Julie Marie Berman's Lulu was being pushed as the Carly: The Next Generation, that I just hated her. But how else could she play that except screechy and entitled? Like @Asp Burger, the relationship with Dante was when I started rooting for Lulu again.

I do think JMB is a stronger actress. Emme Rylan is...bland. Her Lulu is not as infuriating, but not as interesting or distinctive, either.

• Love 11

I think ME is doing a good job of playing Finn as in awe of being daddy to this beautiful little girl. Her reactions to him are adorable. I agree with seasons about their great chemistry. 

As much as I don't like Anna and Finn together, I kinda want them to at least begin their wedding ceremony because Hayden deserves to hurt for lying and withholding his daughter to punish him for moving on after she ran away from their engagement. 

• Love 5

They do write Lulu as harangued but her being so small adds to it I think. Michelle Stafford's Nina could have said can you hand me the salt and it was a bit like okay lady stop assaulting that tiny chick over salt.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Who was that man talking to Ava in the hospital? He sure didn't sound like Sonny. There was way too much kindness and humanity.

6 minutes ago, seasons said:

Lol ava must have gotten a cut and blow dry at the psychiatric hospital.

I know! It's a great look for her.

A nice soapy ending today.

• Love 9
56 minutes ago, seasons said:

Violet is awesome. She has sparkle like the boy who plays Daniel on B&B. ME has great chemistry with Violet. I know I'm in the minority but i like him.

I like him, too.  I know he's as dry as plain toast, but there's something about that that works for me.  And Violet is absolutely adorable.

• Love 7
On 11/12/2019 at 11:29 AM, mostlylurking said:

Unpopular opinion, but I like Brad.  I know he's fucked up royally, but I just can't hate him.  I liked him in the beginning when he was always snarking on everyone with his bestie Britt, plus the fact that he's really just an insecure neurotic which to me is endearing.  I hate that he made this awful choice about hiding what happened to Wiley.  I agreed with him calling Charlotte a brat.  I mean it's mostly true.

I like Rebecca Budig but hate the way hair and makeup style her.  The hair looks awful and knotty and she looks like a raccoon with those ultra smoky dark lined eyes.  She's so tiny her eye makeup swallows half her face.  I think it was wrong Finn let them stay in Anna's house.

Thank you for using her full name. I hate having to try to look up who someone is talking about using their intials only. There are a few that have the same initials and it drives me nuts! 😂 

No offense to anyone that uses only their initials, I just really appreciate seeing it this way 😊

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Annamz said:

Thank you for using her full name. I hate having to try to look up who someone is talking about using their intials only. There are a few that have the same initials and it drives me nuts!

I know what you mean. I sometimes get lost, especially when a post refers to several people by their initials.

My own policy is to use a person's full name first, and then use their initials afterwards (within the same post, I mean). That's less confusing to me, and so I hope it's less confusing for other people, though sometimes I've thought I'm the only one who gets confused, lol.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I know what you mean. I sometimes get lost, especially when a post refers to several people by their initials.

My own policy is to use a person's full name first, and then use their initials afterwards (within the same post, I mean). That's less confusing to me, and so I hope it's less confusing for other people, though sometimes I've thought I'm the only one who gets confused, lol.

I got confused one time because someone was talking about RH and I thought they were talking about Rebecca Herbst and they were talking about Roger Howarth, or vice versa.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Sonny...being NICE...to Ava?!? Engaging in genuine conversation with no snide undertones?? Like an actual human capable of compassion? Honestly, this act of kindness will probably only result in him coming down twice as hard on Jax when he catches wind of the Nik stuff. Gotta recoup those asshole points, after all. 

I tune out immediately when Joss starts wading in her bottomless fountain of grief for Oscar. We've spent an endless amount of time on her being emo and in comparison we still barely know anything about Trina. Trina seems smart, cool, and seems to sincerely care about Ava, and I really would like the show to give her more presence.

How unsurprising that the show's pulling a classic "it's not what it looks like!" routine with Anna walking in on Finn and Hayden. And yeah, Finn didn't cheat, and no, I don't blame him for waiting until he saw Anna in person to explain Violet. But Finn absolutely shouldn't have let Hayden wander around Anna's house half-dressed, and I definitely don't respect Hayden's overt play for an engaged man. Anna may claim to not feel threatened, but I want to see her assert herself and not allow any room for Hayden to wriggle in between her and Finn.

• Love 11
56 minutes ago, Linny said:

But Finn absolutely shouldn't have let Hayden wander around Anna's house half-dressed, and I definitely don't respect Hayden's overt play for an engaged man

Half-dressed in what looked like Finn's shirt. Anna should toss Hayden out on her ass.

There's no universe in which Hayden is not coming off as using Violet to worm her way back into Finn's life, and she obviously is.

• Love 7

Jax should just have Robin talk to whinypitymeNOONEKNOWSWHATI’MGOINGTHROUGHJoss. She can tell her about Stone and offer some advice and maybe this self absorbed mother’s daughter might listen, because she won’t be able to tell Robin: “You don’t UNDERSTAAAAAND!”

Because, Joss? YES, she does.

• Love 5

Tuesday’s my first day back since ... [insert Titantic It’s been 84 years meme]. My running thoughts:

Cynthia Watros is so much more palatable than the Voldemort lady (If I don’t say her name, she can never come back, can she?) 

Who the fuck (wait, can I cuss here? I seriously don’t remember) thought what the 18-185 female demographic wanted to watch was a fist fight between a 45-year-old man and ... some guy?  Or is this the new leading man that Frank Valentini found delivering humus and gluten free pita chips to Laura Wright? Love in the afternoon replaced by male actor *** cough Steve Burton ***** needing validation of his manliness in the afternoon? 

Jessica Tuck is still great.  A thankless job, but great. 

Hey, Ingo.  I’m suddenly back in school, watching Jax pick up Brenda in the rain.  [Insert Titanic It’s Been 84 Years Meme]. Man, I’m feeling old. 

Oh good lord, the overacting of this Valentine dude.

Oh great, more fisticuf... zzzzzzzzzz.

Anna’s back, and I’m ... yeah, so, underwhelmed. By the way, one can be overwhelmed.  And one can be underwhelmed.  But can one ever just be whelmed? 

Should i keep watching the rest of the week? 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Who was that man talking to Ava in the hospital? He sure didn't sound like Sonny. There was way too much kindness and humanity.

I know! It's a great look for her.

A nice soapy ending today.

A+ on all of this. Agree with every word. And I don't believe for one second that this newer, gentler, Sonny is going to stick around. He'll be back to being an asshole in half a second.

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Half-dressed in what looked like Finn's shirt. Anna should toss Hayden out on her ass.

There's no universe in which Hayden is not coming off as using Violet to worm her way back into Finn's life, and she obviously is.

Spoiler

She'll be gone in two weeks. Let me have my girl get some happiness before she leaves. Even if it is with "SilasMcFinnFlop" (stolen from Twitter.)

2 hours ago, Francie said:

Anna’s back, and I’m ... yeah, so, underwhelmed. By the way, one can be overwhelmed.  And one can be underwhelmed.  But can one ever just be whelmed? 

Great reference. I love that movie.

I would love to see Uncle Chase in scenes with his niece. Now he would be a hot daddy, unlike his brother, who makes my skin crawl with his greasy long hair and non-existent muscle tone.

• Love 3

I don't know if it was planned, but they had a mini-theme n the Wednesday (or Thursday) show with people softening toward their enemies. Sonny and Ava are getting the most comment, but Valentin's gratitude toward Anna for rescuing Charlotte got a little weird when he said "You're hurt!" and caressed her face. Then when Chase started to get offended about hearing secondhand that he had a niece, Robert actually stuck up for Finn, telling Chase that Finn had just found out himself.  

I could see someone interpreting Hayden's behavior as using Violet to get Finn back, but then, she was around for weeks and was claiming Violet was a dog named Honey Bunny. As written, he still wouldn't know if the kid hadn't become sick. So it wasn't the standard soap play of the old girlfriend showing up at the church with the kid on her hip in mid-wedding. Hayden has been written in a vague and contradictory way, and they've been depending a lot on Rebecca Budig's charisma to pull her together.

I might be anti-Hayden if I thought her return were causing trouble for an actual couple. Finn/Anna always just seemed like one of those pairings that happen when two actors are on contract and there's no better place to put them. 

That Sonny/Carly manufactured tension came in right on schedule. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Linny said:

Sonny...being NICE...to Ava?!? Engaging in genuine conversation with no snide undertones?? Like an actual human capable of compassion? Honestly, this act of kindness will probably only result in him coming down twice as hard on Jax when he catches wind of the Nik stuff. Gotta recoup those asshole points, after all. 

I heard about this as a Canadian spoiler, and checked outside to see if pigs were flying.

I really think this was MB exerting himself in the storyline (which is very good!), especially with his new book on being bipolar out and about.

I'll give kudos where they are, and I'll take Sonny being a thoughtful human to Ava, without calling Diane to bar Ava from every seeing Avery, anyday.

"Mommy!" Sonny let Avery call Ava "Mommy!"

14 hours ago, Benji said:

Why did Hayden and Violet stay overnight anyway ? Did I miss something ?

So that we could see Hayden in a manshirt? ;)

• Love 2

So Charlotte didn't recognize her double Uncle Nik. Am I to assume then, that Lulu doesn't have any pictures of Nik in her home? 

When did Charlotte show up? AFTER Nik "died" and then "DIED"? That's the only way I can think of her not recognizing Nik. And I guess Lulu never talks about him or Lucky.

I guess I don't understand why Charlotte left with her "PAPAAA." Wasn't she with Lulu when she wandered off? Or was Lulu just watching her because Valentin was too busy doing whatever? And Brad was right. Charlotte is the brattiest brat that ever bratted since red-headed devil spawn Michael.

I have to say, I laughed my ass off when Jax said "Oh, shut up" so dismissively to Nik, as Nik tried to go on and "explaaaaaain" why he was at the pier or whatever.

Jordan is the WORST. I mean, I can understand questioning Jax about the van--what with his credit card being used, but then to jump to Cassandra's dead to "there will be murder charges" and she's looking at him as if he's the one who did it. As if there aren't OTHERS, like, oh, I don't know, VALENTIN, who has a better motive for wanting her dead.

Okay, so I didn't get a hug between Anna and Robert, but I did get that "chaste" lingering kiss on the cheek!

What?

And I wanted to punch Chase for sticking his nose into a conversation that is none of his fucking business. I really don't care for the dismissive attitude he has toward Robert. I admit I am biased, but I still don't care for it.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So Charlotte didn't recognize her double Uncle Nik. Am I to assume then, that Lulu doesn't have any pictures of Nik in her home? 

When did Charlotte show up? AFTER Nik "died" and then "DIED"? That's the only way I can think of her not recognizing Nik. And I guess Lulu never talks about him or Lucky.

I guess I don't understand why Charlotte left with her "PAPAAA." Wasn't she with Lulu when she wandered off? Or was Lulu just watching her because Valentin was too busy doing whatever? And Brad was right. Charlotte is the brattiest brat that ever bratted since red-headed devil spawn Michael.

I have to say, I laughed my ass off when Jax said "Oh, shut up" so dismissively to Nik, as Nik tried to go on and "explaaaaaain" why he was at the pier or whatever.

Jordan is the WORST. I mean, I can understand questioning Jax about the van--what with his credit card being used, but then to jump to Cassandra's dead to "there will be murder charges" and she's looking at him as if he's the one who did it. As if there aren't OTHERS, like, oh, I don't know, VALENTIN, who has a better motive for wanting her dead.

Okay, so I didn't get a hug between Anna and Robert, but I did get that "chaste" lingering kiss on the cheek!

What?

And I wanted to punch Chase for sticking his nose into a conversation that is none of his fucking business. I really don't care for the dismissive attitude he has toward Robert. I admit I am biased, but I still don't care for it.

Yes, Chase needs to sit down in the corner. How dare he butt in to the discussion that the ICONS were having. I still like Robert and Anna together. They don't need to be together-together but you know what I mean. I would like to see Emma though. I much prefer her over Charlotte and PAPAAA. I know KM is busy directing these days but it would be nice to have Emma around for Anna.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I guess I don't understand why Charlotte left with her "PAPAAA." Wasn't she with Lulu when she wandered off? Or was Lulu just watching her because Valentin was too busy doing whatever?

Charlotte was right where she was suppose to be at Kelly's, at the counter, when Cassandra came up to her and told her to keep quiet or else Nina would go to jail, so she was intimidated from the start. She made up the story because she didn't want anyone else at the police station to know, which is why she told Valentin and Nina while at Wyndermyde.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, NutmegsDad said:

Charlotte was right where she was suppose to be at Kelly's, at the counter, when Cassandra came up to her and told her to keep quiet or else Nina would go to jail, so she was intimidated from the start. She made up the story because she didn't want anyone else at the police station to know, which is why she told Valentin and Nina while at Wyndermyde.

Right. But my question was--that Charlotte was with Lulu at the time. It's not as if she was with her darling "Papaaa" and then went to the counter to do whatever, when Cassandra showed up. And then after the return, Charlotte's all, I'm not going home with your because it's Papaaa's turn to have me. Then why was she with Lulu at Kelly's?

GAH. This is all giving me the aching head.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

After Nik died. Even if Lulu showed her some pictures, she's 9 (or nearabouts). She probably did not care or focus on any pictures enough to recognize him when she saw him for a second. I suspect though she will see a picture later though and recognize him.

I guess she was with Cassandra through the night? Since that would be the only way it was Valentin's turn to take her.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Katy M said:

I got confused one time because someone was talking about RH and I thought they were talking about Rebecca Herbst and they were talking about Roger Howarth, or vice versa.

I try to use RoHo for Roger and ReHe for Rebecca. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I guess I don't understand why Charlotte left with her "PAPAAA." Wasn't she with Lulu when she wandered off? Or was Lulu just watching her because Valentin was too busy doing whatever?

I forget why Charlotte was with Lulu in the first place, but it was Valentin's week, which is why she went home with him and Nina.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

would be nice to have Emma around for Anna.

When Hayden told Violet she could go play in Emma's room because of all the toys there, was it a script mistake that Violet didn't ask in response, "Who's Emma?" Unless I missed a scene, Violet did not know her newly discovered Daddy has a girlfriend/fiance who lives there and that a little girl sometimes visits that girlfriend/fiance.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I like him, too.  I know he's as dry as plain toast, but there's something about that that works for me.  And Violet is absolutely adorable.

I like that dryness, too. I love, love dry, sarcastic humor which Finn has. I think the reason I like him most is he's so socially awkward. I am too and it's not often you see soap characters like that. 

Violet is the cutest thing ever! I haven't enjoyed a child actor this much in awhile. Usually, they're either wooden as all get out or cloying (SPENCER) but she's just on the right side of cute so far. I think they have great chemistry together as well.

When Hayden told Violet she could go play in Emma's room because of all the toys there, was it a script mistake that Violet didn't ask in response, "Who's Emma?" Unless I missed a scene, Violet did not know her newly discovered Daddy has a girlfriend/fiance who lives there and that a little girl sometimes visits that girlfriend/fiance.

I just assumed that off-screen while he was giving her a tour of the house he mentioned Emma's name and that it was her room.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I wouldn't have asked at that age.  I always knew there were relatives and friends of my parents that I didn't know and it was just a thing.  Go play in Emma's room.  OK, whoever Emma is doesn't matter to me.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, ouinason said:

I also really like Finn, and liked him with both Hayden and Alexis.  Finn/Anna blows for multiple reasons, none of which include Robert for me.

I must be the only one. I cannot accept that he is at the center of this triangle with both of these sexy, appealing, attractive women either throwing themselves at or can't wait to see him. Now David Hayward, that would be a triangle worth tuning in for, especially with the history.

Finn to me is absolutely sexless, the opposite of charismatic and is every kind of bland, basic, boring, mayo definition you can describe.

Maura had to be so thrilled at her wardrobe and barely any makeup. Those pajamas looked so comfortable. Loved the scenes with Avery, who is still just as cute as ever, just wish it didn't make Sonny look like the greatest thing since sliced bread. 

Edited by tvgoddess
Added thought on something else
  • Love 5

Michael Easton's characters have a history of the women doing the heavy lifting in relationships, and that hasn't changed on GH, alas.

I wish we got more than glimpses of his dry sense of humor, but the writers don't seem to want any kind of intentional humor to sneak in. I'll never understand that.

• Love 4

Hey, we don't know for sure that humor is forbidden.  For all we know, Scott's shift from witty older dude to Butters from South Park without the moral fiber is intentional, and they think that shit is HYSTERICAL.

• Love 1