Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

When I was a child, I looked forward to the annual holiday airing of this musical, and I still have extreme nostalgic love for it. Enough that I actually gasped when I read this post. So thanks for making my day!

Me too! And the opening shot is of him on his white horse. When I first started watching GH and saw Alan, my reaction was The Prince is on this show! 

Back to present day - in only a week Nik has proven to be boring, dumb as dirt, and a whiny bitch. So... not a fan.

Edited by amaranta
  • Love 8
On 11/8/2019 at 9:35 AM, dubbel zout said:
On 11/8/2019 at 8:29 AM, NutmegsDad said:

My money's has been, for a long time, that Nelle is Jerry Jax' daughter.

Jerry would be horrified at how inept a schemer his daughter turned out to be, darling.

Nikolas Cassadine, grandson of the Evil Madman Who Froze Port Charles: "Hold my beer."

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
15 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Welcome back Anna Freakin' Devane!!!

Tell me more! Tell me more!

"Did she kick someone's ass?"

"Tell me more! Tell me more!"

"Did she bring the show some much-needed class?"

"Ah huh, ah huh, ah huh, ah huh...…"

(Sorry.... :))

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Did Luke do all the disciplining in the family or has Laura turned into a wuss now that she's a grandmother?

10 hours ago, ouinason said:

Laura only raised Lucky, so look at how he behaved and make of it what you will.

8 hours ago, ouinason said:

LOL, I'm sorry @statsgirl, I wasn't being mean exactly about Lucky or Laura's parenting.  Just, thinking back, L&L had little to no control of Lucky's behavior from the moment we first saw him on screen.  Of course she couldn't raise Nik because of getting away from the Cassidines, and she couldn't raise Lulu because she lost her damn mind.  So, Lucky's wild and barely supervised teen years are all we have to go on for Laura's parenting style pre Spencer.

Lucky didn't have the "normal" childhood raising. He was on the run with both his parents during his toddler and pre-tween years and he was an amazing little scrapper. Street smarts, adorable, sweet and a good kid. What Carlivati and HackFrank turned him into isn't the Lucky that I know and love. You wouldn't know to see the latest incarnation of Nik, that he was raised by Original!Stefan. He's more like Valentin's spawn. Even at his worst, Tyler's Nikolas was recognizable as a Cassadine.

1 hour ago, amaranta said:

Back to present day - in only a week Nik has proven to be boring, dumb as dirt, and a whiny bitch. So... not a fan.

This! So much this. He can go now. Or maybe Tyler can come back and proclaim this guy as an imposter. Hey, it could happen with this current regime.

31 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

"Did she kick someone's ass?"

"Tell me more! Tell me more!"

"Did she bring the show some much-needed class?"

"Ah huh, ah huh, ah huh, ah huh...…"

(Sorry.... :))

🤣🤣 Hee! I didn't even realize as I read your response, how my question/demand was the refrain from Summer Nights from Grease

• Love 3

Unpopular opinion, but I like Brad.  I know he's fucked up royally, but I just can't hate him.  I liked him in the beginning when he was always snarking on everyone with his bestie Britt, plus the fact that he's really just an insecure neurotic which to me is endearing.  I hate that he made this awful choice about hiding what happened to Wiley.  I agreed with him calling Charlotte a brat.  I mean it's mostly true.

I like Rebecca Budig but hate the way hair and makeup style her.  The hair looks awful and knotty and she looks like a raccoon with those ultra smoky dark lined eyes.  She's so tiny her eye makeup swallows half her face.  I think it was wrong Finn let them stay in Anna's house.

• Love 8

I really like Parry Shen, but I don't like Brad much these days. I think it would be interesting if he told Lucas the truth about Wiley, now that they've all bonded as a family. 

What is the Carly/Nik relationship? Do they like/hate/tolerate each other?

Scarlett Fernandez did a great job with the facial expressions today. They were realistic and not at all overdone.

• Love 2

My favorite part of today was Cassandra's horror/disgust at germs from being bitten, and Anna smirking/being gleeful at Cassandra's reaction.  Second favorite part was Jax pointing out that they're lying to protect Dev and reminding Carly of lying with him to keep baby Spencer away from Nikolas. God forbid someone should ask you to do penance for your sins of the past, Carly. Her incredulity made me laugh.

HATED Charlotte calling Valentin on Jason's cellphone and telling him: "Jason saved me."  No kid, you saved yourself with a lot of help from Anna and later Jason.

Valentin crying on Nina's chest like she's his mother was cringeworthy.  Ok, fine - all of the faces he made were cringeworthy.  And he could not have known for sure Charlotte wouldn't be with Cassandra when the boat exploded. 

"Don't you feel abandoned?" says the bitch who ran away from their wedding and lied about a miscarriage. I dislike Hayden more and more everyday. Is it too much to hope that he blasts her upon learning she actually came back to Port Charles due to the promise of a payout?

• Love 8

STFU, Maxie! Looking forward to watching you yanked down from whatever soapbox you feel you must stand on to defend your scumbag boyfriend.

Oh, look! Jason to the rescue, jumping, punching, kicking. Please, someone! Cast SBu in the next Mission: Impossible. 

Valentin rigged a boat to explode not knowing whether his cabbage patch kid child would be on it.

And for someone who is supposed to be dead and needs to stay hidden until blah blah blah, Nikolas sure goes around town a lot. He's such an idiot! And now Carly knows too. 

Nina kissing Valentin with eyes wide open was sort of creepy. Charlotte is annoying, FH's legs are as thin as twigs. 

• Love 7

@dubbel zout Nik and Carly nothing each other lol. Mild dislike when they came across each other.

Valentin crying on Nina's chest like she's his mother was cringeworthy.  Ok, fine - all of the faces he made were cringeworthy.  And he could not have known for sure Charlotte wouldn't be with Cassandra when the boat exploded.

I haven't seen it and I'm already cringing.

• LOL 3
19 minutes ago, ulkis said:

@dubbel zout Nik and Carly nothing each other lol. Mild dislike when they came across each other.

That's what I suspected. So why would Nik reveal himself to Carly? I hope she does tell Laura he's alive, just to screw him over for his idiocy.

37 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Valentin crying on Nina's chest like she's his mother was cringeworthy. 

The evulest Cassadine who ever Cassadined, folks!

Bad continuity alert: Charlotte ran away with a backpack and then returned without it.

LOL at Cassandra on the boat. She doesn't even rate the same terrible CGI that Jason once got?

Valentin knew Charlotte was on the pier before he blew up the boat.

• Love 3

I guess the fight choreography was okay but the execution left a lot to be desired. It was so badly done on everyone’s part. They never even got close to hitting or kicking the ones they were fighting against. I laughed at Anna’s pristine white jacket after she’d been rolling around that nasty dock with Cassandra. The acting all of the way around today was just dismal. And why in the world do the writers have to involve Carly in every damn story line? Did she forget that she has a newborn at home named “DONNA”? Apparently she did because she’s run all over town since she got home from the hospital.  And I am less than impressed with the acting of the guy playing Nicholas. Plus he’s stupid. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That's what I suspected. So why would Nik reveal himself to Carly? I hope she does tell Laura he's alive, just to screw him over for his idiocy.

It was the randomly "put Carly and Sonny in the scene because they have high minimums but don't know what to do with them" moment of the episode.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

So why would Nik reveal himself to Carly?

So Carly and Jax would have a secret together, to manufacture drama that Carly would keep a big secret from Sonny after they've just had a baby/are 'closer than ever as a family,' to give Sonny a reason to be mad at Jax, and to cause friction when Josslyn ends up finding out Mom and Dad kept a secret from her.  But the big reason at the moment is because nuNik is an idiot. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

So Carly and Jax would have a secret together, to manufacture drama that Carly would keep a big secret from Sonny after they've just had a baby/are 'closer than ever as a family,' to give Sonny a reason to be mad at Jax, and to cause friction when Josslyn ends up finding out Mom and Dad kept a secret from her.  But the big reason at the moment is because nuNik is an idiot. 

Yup all this is fake drama for Carson that will go absolutely nowhere. They really need to start figuring something out or Carly should be on for 100 episodes tops within a year.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

The acting all of the way around today was just dismal.

Jason was UCG at the beginning and then at the end!! 

The sweater Lulu was wearing was so unflattering on her, whoever let her wear that on TV should be fired.

Did Jax really say "fricken'"????

Back to Jason, because it was just so bad when he went to Valentine whining that Sam is implicated in Cassandra's escape, (did he know at that point that Charlotte was kidnapped?)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

And why in the world do the writers have to involve Carly in every damn story line? Did she forget that she has a newborn at home named “DONNA”?

THERE IS NO POINT TO DONNA!  Her spina bifida was cured within a day and now we'll never see her except holidays. But MB got an asinine speech about how she was named for Donna-from-the-old-neighborhood, so bygones. /sarcasm

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Valentin rigged a boat to explode not knowing whether his cabbage patch kid child would be on it.

He was crying to Nina that he isn't a good father because good fathers don't risk their children but he was going to do just that (or something to that tune). Maybe they will go some route where he claims that he blew up Cassandra (the one thing he has ever done that made me happy) to protect Nina. Nina, being slightly more grounded in reality than him and already pissed with him about the Sasha thing, calls him out on his warped priorities and kicks him to the curb? Maybe? And Lulu uses it to get full custody of Charlotte who goes off to boarding school with Spencer, the cousin she now adores after realizing her papa is a scuzball.

• Love 2

First: Anna looks AWESOME!

Second: did Nik take whining lessons from Valentin? I fully expected him to stamp his foot when he was yelling at SheBeast.🙄🙄

But I did love Jax letting loose on him. He wasn’t ragey furious, otherwise his Aussie Accent would have been more prominent.

I love when Robert!Fucking!Scorpio! needles Heinrik and gets in his face!

STFU, Maxie!

Yeah, like Cassandra didn’t jump off that boat before it blew.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Anytime someone dies near water, I figure he/she will be back again some time.

Since Saint Jason did his dock and roll, the waters of Port Charles have developed magical healing properties. Everyone who has gone into the water since him has reappeared and been most sincerely alive. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Well, that was 50 Shades of Awful. Just horrible acting, moronic dialogue, and atrocious directing. Those fight scenes were laughable and painful to watch. I can't even begin to describe how bad pretty much all of these people were today. And just so you know I'm not completely biased, I hate Hayden's shirt and was wondering when she started asking Grimm how Anna could fall for him or whatever, I was like HELLO! Girl, check yourself. Yes, he saved your life. That's his JOB - he's a doctor. Get out from under the spell, sweetie. Bless your heart.

The wailing, the fake expressions, the NOOOOOOOO! from Cassandra at the end (and btw, is it CassANDra or CaSSandra)? Multiple people pronounce it different ways and it's starting to get on my nerves.

This entire town has taken a shipment of stupid pills. They're so dumb I wanted to smack them against the wall. Only Robert has managed to avoid it completely.

It might be a good thing the show is being impeached tomorrow. It's not good for my blood pressure.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Of course there was a point to Donna! Now Josslyn has two little sisters upstairs who worship her! 

Well, I still like Nik-Manuel Miranda. Stupid story beats are going to be stupid no matter who's in the role, as we saw when Jonathan Jackson came back as Lucky. The bad recasts are the ones who give me that sinking feeling on their first day, no matter what they're being written to do. We've all been there, where you hope that with more experience, the person is going to be less awful, but it usually doesn't work that way. MC (hey, we just had those initials for a GH guy) seems to be a good actor.  

And truthfully, I don't remember Nikolas ever being very effective in his scheming, even way back when Coltin Scott Martines was playing him and he was trying to get Gia out of her drunk-driving predicament. He's always schemed as though he doesn't really have it in him, and whatever he tries to do usually comes unraveled. Maybe they're writing him a little more impulsive than used to be the case, but I think it works with the younger-looking actor.  

I had a harder time believing that Anna couldn't put Cassandra out of action in some way that would leave her alive but unable to get to a boat within five seconds. It wasn't a shining moment in the WSB annals.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3

Charlotte: (cheering Jason): Take that, loser!

Me: 33fbfb3d5316a15e5aebdad15d7c37afc04f9e20

Oh, and Disney+ made one more change to the Han/Greedo scene in Star Wars/Episode IV/A New Hope. This time, Jason beats up Greedo and Han cheers him.

(Did I mention Sonny saving the Princess, Carly and Sam defeating Darth Vader, and Spinelli hacking and blowing up the Death Star?)

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Oh, Stupid!Nik, just broadcast on Social Media to the world that you're alive. It's the same as letting Carly know.

And, Carly, we know you fuck with danger by being with Sonny, but not everyone has his unlimited wealth and power (and impunity with the writers) not to get loved ones killed. Maybe that's a reason why to stay dead.

• Love 4

It's very clear that this Nik has NO idea who his mother is. Afraid of what Valentin will do to her? Pffft. She's Laura Fucking Spencer! She's gone up against Mikos, HELENA, Stavros. Cassadines WORTHY of that name. And she's still standing. Just stop with the whining as to why no one can know you're alive, and then you make it possible for people to KNOW you're among the living when you go out in public with no attempts to disguise yourself. Does Charlotte know that Nik is her Uncle Nik?

I wasn't watching when that twit Charlotte, (and yeah, from what I've seen, she's an annoying little twerp/brat) first showed up, but she's annoying as all get out. And who knows when we'll see the next episode? That said, I wanted to reach into my screen and shake her for her obnoxious and bratty attitude she shows Lulu (someone who I'm not a fan of--at least not this incarnation of Looloo) when she's returned to her.

• Love 4

Question: how does one purchase the detonation app that Valentin had on his phone? Does anyone have recommendations? XplodeAPP? iBoom? 

seriously-- I can just imagine the demolition booth at the evil villain expo-- this one is more compatible with Android... #showinmyhead

So Anna has no phone to call Finn and Hayden is spending the night-- so Anna's gonna walk in on family breakfast-- good times.

Question: how does one purchase the detonation app that Valentin had on his phone? Does anyone have recommendations? XplodeAPP? iBoom? 

seriously-- I can just imagine the demolition booth at the evil villain expo-- this one is more compatible with Android... #showinmyhead

So Anna has no phone to call Finn and Hayden is spending the night-- so Anna's gonna walk in on family breakfast-- good times.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

tomorrow. It's only being preempted today and Friday.

Ah. Must have missed that part. Thanks.

I thought Anna had put Cassandra in a choke hold and/or did one of those pressure point thingies to render her unconscious. Still, my girl should have cuffed her ass. I'm just so thrilled to see Finola again, that I'll hand wave that away. 

19 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

He probably watched reruns of Person of Interest and watched John Reese, (this guy) giphy.gif  who knew how to do this kind of stuff, hee!

I figure Anna's phone went flying when she and Cassandra were going at each other.

What?

34 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

I believe you can find it in Acme.com's online catalog.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Didn't Cassandra tell her to throw it in the water? Or was that only Anna's gun?

You may be right. I saw Anna pull out her gun, but then Cassandra also told her to "throw THEM in the water" so it could be both. I deleted the episode so I can't go back and check.

And how ridiculous were those two goons? Dressed up in hoodies? Really? Mikos and OriginalStavros actually had goons who were believable goons. Even Helena. But of course, Valentin would have ridiculous looking boobs as goons.

But I'm just excited about seeing Anna and Robert again. I know that

Robert won't get a chance to tell Anna about Violet, because Anna looked too cheerful when she walked through her door in the promo I saw

. Unless that scene with Anna and Robert happens after. It's really too bad this stoopid show had Anna and Luke (which will always make me 🤢) involved in a relationship, because I would really, truly, truly love a friendship with Anna and Laura.

8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And how ridiculous were those two goons? Dressed up in hoodies? Really? Mikos and OriginalStavros actually had goons who were believable goons. Even Helena. But of course, Valentin would have ridiculous looking boobs as goons.

Cassandra told Anna that she called the rent-a-goons when she got out of solitary and had them on stand by when she escaped. 

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Didn't Cassandra tell her to throw it in the water?

Yes.

Okay, why does LWB get the third degree about being on the docks at night, yet Anna seems to get a free pass to wander around there.  Is it on the way from the airport?  Is she walking home?  Where is her luggage? 

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, ciarra said:

Okay, why does LWB get the third degree about being on the docks at night, yet Anna seems to get a free pass to wander around there.  Is it on the way from the airport?  Is she walking home?  Where is her luggage? 

Because he's a shady as FUCK character with no redeeming qualities, and Anna isn't. And who’s  to say she didn't get off of a boat at the pier, since she was on assignment and saw what was going down? She probably had them ship her luggage home.

Plus, Heinrik deserves whatever third degree he gets. And what @tvgoddess said.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
Because whose is not the same as who is!!!
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Unpopular opinion, but I like Brad.  I know he's fucked up royally, but I just can't hate him.  I liked him in the beginning when he was always snarking on everyone with his bestie Britt, plus the fact that he's really just an insecure neurotic which to me is endearing.  I hate that he made this awful choice about hiding what happened to Wiley.  I agreed with him calling Charlotte a brat.  I mean it's mostly true.

I'm in the minority w/you b/c I love Brad. I always have. Yes, he's messed up, but like you, I just can't hate him. I prefer the gray characters anyway, and Brad is definitely gray. He's not evil, IMO, but he's not all good. He will make mistakes. He will make bad choices. Honestly, he's the more interesting half of Brucas if you ask me. 

I didn't see the episode where he called Charlotte a brat, but I wholeheartedly agree w/him on that. I'm in the minority and have the unpopular opinion of liking ER's Lulu. I absolutely HATE that they made her have a kid w/a sociopath, and that she is always the one painted as the bad parent or the one Charlotte doesn't really love. I wish Lulu didn't care about Charlotte as much as she does. If I had it my way, Lulu would wash her hands of Charlotte or we'd learn that she wasn't really Charlotte's mother. I cannot stand that brat. And I'm sick of Lulu always getting grief over her and them never letting Lulu stand up for herself. I read that Nina was just screaming at her a day ago and blaming her for Charlotte being kidnapped - a diversion tactic I understand - but still Lulu didn't know that. Why is she always taking crap from everyone?!?! I'm just over it. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

Charlotte: (cheering Jason): Take that, loser!

Me: 33fbfb3d5316a15e5aebdad15d7c37afc04f9e20

Oh, and Disney+ made one more change to the Han/Greedo scene in Star Wars/Episode IV/A New Hope. This time, Jason beats up Greedo and Han cheers him.

(Did I mention Sonny saving the Princess, Carly and Sam defeating Darth Vader, and Spinelli hacking and blowing up the Death Star?)

Does Robin know Darth Vader is Luke's father and struggle with when/how to tell him?

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It's very clear that this Nik has NO idea who his mother is. Afraid of what Valentin will do to her? Pffft. She's Laura Fucking Spencer! She's gone up against Mikos, HELENA, Stavros. Cassadines WORTHY of that name. And she's still standing.

And it's not as though she can't keep a secret. She didn't tell anyone about Nik's own existence until he was...16 or so? (No clue how old he was when he showed up in PC to save Lulu.)

Nik's lack of faith in his mother is beyond ridiculous.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Pingaponga said:

And it's not as though she can't keep a secret. She didn't tell anyone about Nik's own existence until he was...16 or so? (No clue how old he was when he showed up in PC to save Lulu.)

Nik's lack of faith in his mother is beyond ridiculous.

Yeah, Nik was about 16 when he showed up as the retconned (but a good one that worked) child that Laura had during her time as Stavros' hostage while Genie was off screen.

This is the same woman who put her baby to sleep then grabbed a shotgun and aimed it at...mob goons? or whoever broke in to her home. And this was decades after the Ice Princess story. This Nik is an igit and maroon.

• Love 6

I know it's only TV and there's suspension of disbelief, but I'm kind of in shock that Valenine would risk his daughter like that.

For all he knew before detonating the bomb, Charlotte was lying at gunpoint, or Cassandra doubled back and scooped her up, or the boat wasn't as far away as thought.... So stupid. Especially in Port Charles, where loved ones always walk right into the murder trap intended for someone else.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 3

We here in Toronto got today's episode which I guess was pre-empted for most of you.  Looks like Americans are getting this episode tomorrow while we sit through the repeat of Nik's return.

If anyone wants to know what happened today before you see it tomorrow, let me know  (PS there was a sweet but brief Anna/Robert reunion for anyone interested.  Oh and Sonny actually took Avery to see Ava of his own free will.  Claimed both sides of the family deal with mental health issues, and he doesn't want Avery to think there is a stigma to it so he brought her to see her mother)

• Love 3
6 hours ago, lala2 said:

I'm in the minority w/you b/c I love Brad. I always have. Yes, he's messed up, but like you, I just can't hate him. I prefer the gray characters anyway, and Brad is definitely gray. He's not evil, IMO, but he's not all good. He will make mistakes. He will make bad choices. Honestly, he's the more interesting half of Brucas if you ask me. 

I didn't see the episode where he called Charlotte a brat, but I wholeheartedly agree w/him on that. I'm in the minority and have the unpopular opinion of liking ER's Lulu. I absolutely HATE that they made her have a kid w/a sociopath, and that she is always the one painted as the bad parent or the one Charlotte doesn't really love. I wish Lulu didn't care about Charlotte as much as she does. If I had it my way, Lulu would wash her hands of Charlotte or we'd learn that she wasn't really Charlotte's mother. I cannot stand that brat. And I'm sick of Lulu always getting grief over her and them never letting Lulu stand up for herself. I read that Nina was just screaming at her a day ago and blaming her for Charlotte being kidnapped - a diversion tactic I understand - but still Lulu didn't know that. Why is she always taking crap from everyone?!?! I'm just over it. 

I agree about Lulu. Let her stand up for herself to Val and Nina already! And slap the shit out of Nina while she's at it. It was nice that she had Laura and Maxie telling Nina to shut up and leave, but she can do that herself. She's always but..but..but...I...I...I..... hesitating while they yell at her lately. Girl come on and bite back. And yes Charlotte is a brat, and Brad wasn't wrong to call her that. Oh and miss me with the sexist crap Dr. O. Plenty of boys have been called brats as well. 

• Love 7