Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, BlueberryJane23 said:

Yes, I remember how noble and heroic she was as she drugged Ava and ripped a fetus from her womb. 

Thank you. I'll never be able to forget that or forgive her. Although it's hard to buy that CW's Nina would have done. it. She doesn't have the balls. Michelle's Nina was such an evil bitch and batcrap cray at the same time.

So bored still with everything that I haven't seen any of this wedding stuff. I can't even bring myself to watch Maura's scenes. Way to go, Frank.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I agree. MW and JL work really well together, but their scenes were pointless.

Don’t care. I’ll take pointless Ava & Ryan over just about any other pair of characters, any day.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, lala2 said:

Michael can just shut up blaming Lulu for Nina being hurt. Nina is hurt b/c his girlfriend lied to her. That's the reality, Michael. It has nothing to do w/Lulu telling her at the wedding. He's acting like Nina wouldn't have been hurt whenever she was told. Shut up, Michael. 

St. Michael can do no wrong in the writers' eyes.  I guess that I still enjoy hate watching this character/actor as CD always comes out of everything smelling like a rose.  The same can't be said for MB, LW, SBu, Roho, and K(zzzzz).

I was happy that Lulu was the one that was able to out Sasha's fraud.  Luke (Fluke notwithstanding) was able to keep Sonny in check and TG amd JMB worked well together.  I probably wouldn't be able to keep watching if they didn't have Laura and R. Scorpio on (but not nearly enough) the show to shepherd and inject some energy into some really boring cast members (NuJordan, NuLulu).  IR is also helping inject some energy into the the mistake of the creation of Nina (and her extended family).  Is FH coming back?  What a waste of bringing back Hayden.  Sorry to be repetitive but that saying about using paper plates when there is china available....

• Love 2

Previews...

Maxie: How hard is it just to tell the truth?

Me: Let's ask Pillowena about that, shall we?

Obviously this is meant to be an anvil about LWB/FS's lying (which we can get on with any time now), but...c'mon, girl.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, lala2 said:

I have lots of thoughts about the Sasha reveal. 

I may be in the minority but I like ER's Lulu, and frankly, I'm sick of characters dumping on her all the time. It happened during that nonsense w/Valerie screwing her husband, and it happened again yesterday and today. Lulu is not to blame for this mess. Unlike Liesel or Sasha, Lulu cared enough about Nina to not let her marry Valentin knowing he was lying to her again, and what does she get for her trouble? Cutting remarks about her ex-husband and how her daughter doesn't love her as much as Nina?! Ugh . . . I was just disgusted w/it all, but I was more disgusted w/the writers having Lulu just stand there and take Maxie's and Valentin's crap!! Why will they never write this Lulu as taking up for herself and not letting ppl just say any old thing to her?! It's annoying.

Michael can just shut up blaming Lulu for Nina being hurt. Nina is hurt b/c his girlfriend lied to her. That's the reality, Michael. It has nothing to do w/Lulu telling her at the wedding. He's acting like Nina wouldn't have been hurt whenever she was told. Shut up, Michael. 

Valentin - I cannot stand Valentin. He is an incredibly weak, pathetic, waste of a character. Valentin is a complete and utter joke. That's why I wanted Lulu to laugh in his face - not look scared - when he threatened her. I will never buy that Valentin had Helena quaking in her boots! How? Why? Valentin is a joke. I would celebrate his eventual downfall, but seeing as how he got away with murdering Nikolas, stealing Nikolas's fortune, shooting Kevin, holding several ppl hostage, sending Lulu off w/goons to be murdered, trying to abduct Spencer, stealing Lulu's last remaining egg - I'm not holding my breath. I don't understand the writers' fascination w/him, but I wish he would die or just go away. I also hope he loses custody of his precious Charlotte! 

Maxie is an idiot. It took me a minute to figure out why she was so upset by Liesel's part in this - I completely forgot about James - but why would Lulu be wrong about the Liesel part!?!? Was Sasha having a conversation w/herself in the bathroom?! Why even question it? Liesel held her boyfriend hostage for weeks and has been known to lie and keep secrets. Can't anyone have a normal reaction on a soap? Can't wait until Spinelli busts her bubble when it comes to Peter! LOL! 

Oh, and I must say I also hated how long it took for Lulu to tell the secret. I know it's a staple on a soap, but it would be nice to see something different once in a while. Instead of Lulu saying, "I have something important to say," why not have her just say it?!?! Just blurt out the secret in front of everyone and let the chips fall. Also, who stands around and lets ppl berate and threaten them?! Once, Lulu said her peace, she should have gathered Dustin and left. 

I'm not a big fan of ER's Lulu, but I still agree with everything else you said. "You just want revenge on Valentin for killing your brother." And that's a bad thing? Or an abnormal thing? Whatever. The attacking her for Dante was completely over the line and the fact that no one - not Michael, Maxie, or Curtis, much less Lulu herself- even defended her. Then they attack her regarding Charlotte? Oh heck no. Uh uh. And then nitwit Maxie realizing Lulu was right about Sasha but thinking that somehow she was mistaken about Leisl is a special kind of stupid. 

I know I hate Valentin because I found myself thinking it wouldn't be so bad if Sonny offed him for what he did to Lulu and how he allowed such crap to be spewed about Dante. I never want Sonny to be victorious but wouldn't mind if it was over useless Valentin. Congratulations show. You win. The idea of him being menacing is laughable. Helena'd have him killed and then have high tea never thinking of him again, not be fearful of him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Although it's hard to buy that CW's Nina would have done. it. She doesn't have the balls. 

Oh, CW can bring the crazy. I remember her Annie Dutton from Guiding Light. I saw a brief flash of it while she was talking to Sasha, remembering how she had to restrain herself when she first met her to keep 'from smothering her." There was a flash of the old crazy eye that made me think in that moment, she was considering actually smothering Sasha. Which would have been hilarious.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

it's just impossible that Maxie could have forgotten or dismissed what Robin endured.   How she could give Leisl the time of day is beyond me.

The writers haven't made her forget what Robin endured; they've made her glaze over it. In a recent scene at the Floating Rib, Maxie said something like she knows Leisl did terrible things in the past, so she's glad that Leisl has a crush on Jax because that means Leisl has something going on that doesn't mean trouble.  Whenever something negative is said about/is possibly going on with Leisl in recent years, Maxie used to say "she's Nathan's mother" and has changed that to "she's James's grandmother." It's the Show's lame attempt at whitewashing, but also exemplifies how utterly self-absorbed Maxie is. I wish someone would point out to Maxie, "so what, Nathan didn't know his mother until a few years before he died, and he died because his mother protected and enabled his father's sociopathic behavior for decades due to her sick infatuation with his father. By the way, do you remember that she helped torture and hold prisoner your beloved cousin Robin because of that same sick infatuation with his father? Sharing Leisl's DNA means nothing to your son."

• Love 8

Maxie's an idiot. Talking down to Lulu like "you may think you overhead something, but did you?" Of course Lulu was stupid with her answers too like "uh uh I I'm just saying what I heard." She should have spelled it all out made it clear what they said. Was she drunk like Valentin said? Cause she didn't seem like it at all. Too bad she didn't pull out her phone and start recording! She definitely needed to stand up for herself to them too! Don't let them talk to you like that! And I wonder if anyone will admit that Leisl knew. I mean why not? Sasha better spill all the beans and expose Valentin. Let them all take him down! I mean at this point I don't think he has anyone on his side except maybe Peter. 

And of course Maxie is just gonna believe Obrecht when she said she didn't know. How else would Lulu have found out? They're just so stupid they'll probably think Lulu just heard Sasha talking to herself or something. Lol let's say Lulu didn't say anything and Sasha revealed the truth after the trial. Then Lulu confesses that she knew. Would they be mad at her then for not saying anything before? Look how mad they got when Michael said he knew. I was so annoyed with Maxie not standing up for Lulu while they were berating her, especially when Obrecht said Charlotte loved Nina more than Lulu. Girl! I know it's irrelevant but they're also all way older than Lulu and she's a tiny woman. Lol back off her. I don't love Lulu or anything but those people are way worse than her.

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, TheMediaHo said:

Did anyone else think Nina's head was going to start spinning around and spewing green puke a la Regan in "The Exorcist" while she was yelling at Sasha?

If only it had. The reveal was deeply unsatisfying on so many levels for me.

• Love 8

Jeebus effin' creeps, Monica! Are you so thirsty for a son that a dude with Drew's memories is now a Quartermaine. GTFO with that, writers!

And then there's Kim.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 13
Just now, YaddaYadda said:

Jeebus effin' creeps, Monica! Are you so thirsty for a son that a dude with Drew's memories is now a Quartermaine. GTFO with that, writers!

I told everyone! I told everyone that the next step after calling Oscar a Quartermaine was like calling the badger in Sonny's office a Q, and Drewco os the equivalent of that.

• Love 2

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but I know enough to know that the argument the lawyer was making on FrancoDrew's behalf is ridiculous. On a very basic level, Franco's memories were not removed from Franco - we all know there'd be a flashdrive out there with them on it if they had been - so they are still in him somewhere, with Drew's imprinted on top of them. If Franco's memories are still there somewhere, then he can't be considered Drew.

And they should have killed off Kim instead of Oscar. Oscar could have gone to live with his father and Scout in the Quartermaine mansion and they could have replaced the actor with someone better. I can't stand her. She needs serious help.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I thought the actress who plays Sasha did a good job with the reveal.  Cynthia Watros on the other hand jesus on a cracker that was some wild overacting.  Complete with exorcist voice and all.

Everyone should have a Jax in shining armor (tux) waiting to sprite them off when the need arises.  Sigh....

• Love 4

How stupid is Maxie that she bought that LWB needed 35 grand in cash to put down on a place for them to live?  Has she never heard of a cashier's cheque?  Do people usually pay for real estate in paper cash?

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, ciarra said:

How stupid is Maxie that she bought that LWB needed 35 grand in cash to put down on a place for them to live?  Has she never heard of a cashier's cheque?  Do people usually pay for real estate in paper cash?

Did she mean literal cash, or just money. I often say I bought a car for cash, but I don't mean that I carted a briefcase of money to the dealership, I just meant that I didn't finance it.

• Love 1

So if this lawyer proves that Franco is Drew, does he get access to Drew's money?

Cause that's not a motive at all.

Also, Jason was all " I don't care if it hurts Anna and Maxie, I'm bringing Peter down". What about Robin, who is ostensibly Peter's sister?

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Also, Jason was all " I don't care if it hurts Anna and Maxie, I'm bringing Peter down". What about Robin, who is ostensibly Peter's sister?

She doesn't care.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Have we ever seen Robin weigh in on Peter? Didn't he go to visit her

Yes to the first, don't know to the second. Her general reaction to Peter was "eeeeeeeeeeehh".

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
On 10/4/2019 at 8:26 PM, TeeVee329 said:
On 10/4/2019 at 3:29 PM, ulkis said:

They listed Michael Knight as Valentin Cassadine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hng49pEGn6Y

A mistake?  Or is the current Valentin an imposter?

If it's door number two, that would be equally woeful miscasting.  Tad Martin is not scary

I wholeheartedly approve of current Valentin being exposed as an imposter, but replacing him with MK would be just as bad. Now, Vincent Irizarry? Yes. That would work. MK should be Dr. Jeff Webber.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

I've been wishing for that since her first day.   I don't care how much money Julie Marie Berman would ask for - pay it and get Luke and Laura's daughter back on this damn show already.    ER's little gnat has never been LuLu to me.  

I feel the SAME way!! I've even gotten to enjoy NuNina but years later can't enjoy any scenes with this Lulu. 

9 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I wholeheartedly approve of current Valentin being exposed as an imposter, but replacing him with MK would be just as bad. Now, Vincent Irizarry? Yes. That would work. MK should be Dr. Jeff Webber.

Keep Michael Knight, I love him... just not as a villain. 

• Love 1

Shut up, Maxie. 

Also, her hair looks grey.

Tad Martin - love him, but that smooth face doesn't match the white hair. Weird.

Not sure which is worse -  '90's hair Peter or sculpted pubic hair peter. Lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, seasons said:

Shut up, Maxie. 

Tad Martin - love him, but that smooth face doesn't match the white hair. Weird.

90s hair! Sculpted pubic hair I think is fine.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, seasons said:

Shut up, Maxie. 

They definitely need to darken that hair. It gives me an out of season Santa Claus vibe. Not sexy and Michael Knight has still got it so they need to do something with that.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I told everyone! I told everyone that the next step after calling Oscar a Quartermaine was like calling the badger in Sonny's office a Q, and Drewco os the equivalent of that.

It's gotten so ridiculous. 

and Kim is so crazy pants, it's a bit shocking that she didn't attempt to go after Drew when he was with Sam or after Jason because Drew used to have that face. 

Is Julian the only person who knows about Kim attempting to rape Drew or is there someone else? 

• Love 3

I think it’s just Julian who knows for sure. Curtis only knows that Drew was drugged but I don’t think he even knows who did it and Kim alluded to Liz that she crossed a line but Liz didn’t know the details. 

• Love 3

Kim is crazy with these legal plans but I'm more offended by Tad's logic that if Franco believes that he's Drew, he really is Drew.

Even if he's never read The Three Christs of Ypsilanti, just because someone believes something doesn't make it so. And the guy is reacting like Franco, not Drew.

The best defense would be that it's a dangerous, untried treatment, not that he's really Drew.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

They left Robin out of the dialogue just for the mere fact that Jason would never say “I don’t care if it hurts Robin.”

• Love 3

It is really head-scratching that no one seems to care that Drew is presumed missing in a foreign land. They all got the notice that his plane went down, the reaction was an overwhelming "meh," and it hasn't been spoken of since.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

It is really head-scratching that no one seems to care that Drew is presumed missing in a foreign land. They all got the notice that his plane went down, the reaction was an overwhelming "meh," and it hasn't been spoken of since.

The father of one of Sam’s children and nada.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Is it? The writers have done everything in their power to make Drew irrelevant, so no one really caring he's missing or dead is on par. Monica is ready to adopt Franco as the Drew replacement, calling him a Quartermaine. Where is Tracy when you need her?

And Kim is all over Franco, but in her case, I think that Drew genuinely dodged a bullet. Girlfriend is certifiable.

He and Sam were not allowed to share screentime. Jason doesn't care, but I guess he has to finish the tree house on his own now or he can call Franco to help him because everyone seems to care more about him than they do the real Drew. 

So Frank can really fuck off with that.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 11

Billy Miller pissed off Frank.  Just like no one gave a crap when Nik "died" because Tyler was causing issues BTS with his drinking.  Not saying Miller had a drinking problem and was showing up to work drunk like TC, but clearly something was not right there.  He did not like working at that place.  He seemed happy his last few weeks on screen that he was done.

I agree with @YaddaYadda that Drew was marginalized way before he died.  I mean Oscar!  Oscar and Kim played by Tamara (someone he didn't have an ounce of chemistry with) was his story, while propping Franco and Liz of course.

Edited by Hater
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Jason is unaware he's a father.

He is but for Sam the only one who matters is Jason, or anyone who is carrying his name for a little bit (see Drew) lol

• Love 2

I thought my eyes were going to roll out of my head when Kim pouted that she "didn't fault" Liz for loving her husband, but Franco was gone, and Kim shouldn't have to lose Drew, too, for the second time. As if she ever truly had Drew to begin with. A brief, whirlwind fling, while obviously emotionally significant to Kim, cannot be compared to Liz and Franco's multiple years together, their legal (and still valid) union, and the family they made with Liz's kids. If the show wants the audience to root for Kim, or at the very least find her argument compelling, then they REALLY need to ease up on Kim's attitude of entitled superiority.

Sonny, describing Peter, while in the company of Jason and Sam: "That's the way the guy works. He's always in the proximity to a crime but it's never his fault." This line is so perfect, I don't even need to elaborate on it. Let's just bask in the sweet, shameless sanctimony.

Of all the indignities befallen the Quartermaine family, seeing Monica cling to Franco in search of any wisps of her son inside of him is one of the worst. It's also very sad to me that no one is mourning or remembering the actual Drew, and instead all energies are rolling into this insane Franco battle, as if this memory transfer negates Drew's death. Drew was a good man who had close ties to so many people, and it's disrespectful to all but ignore his loss like it doesn't even matter.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Sonny: That's the way the guy [Peter] works! He's always in proximity to a crime but it's never his fault!

Seriously?

11 minutes ago, Linny said:

Sonny, describing Peter, while in the company of Jason and Sam: "That's the way the guy works. He's always in the proximity to a crime but it's never his fault." This line is so perfect, I don't even need to elaborate on it. Let's just bask in the sweet, shameless sanctimony.

Jinx, Linny!

It's so annoying how Scott talks about Franco like he is some mopey insecure 25 year old.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Annamz said:

I feel the SAME way!! I've even gotten to enjoy NuNina but years later can't enjoy any scenes with this Lulu. 

Every single scene that ER is in, I say myself "You're not LuLu Spencer; not even close".  As for NuNina, when I heard who was taking over the role I was thrilled; I remember her from Lost (which I'm still mourning the end of), but her face looks way funkier than I remember.  She sort of looks like a Muppet now.   Is it just me?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I think it's her eyebags. They stand out because the rest of her face is smooth. She would probably look better if her face weren't that smooth.

That said, I thought she looked nice at the wedding. (well from the neck up. Hated the dress.)

• Love 3

This nonsense that Franco "identifies" as Drew therefore he's Drew is such ridiculousness.  If Franco had killed a bunch of people right before the memory transfer, would the police be all "well, he identifies as someone else so we can't arrest him".  NO.  Shut up show.  

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

It was spoken of today.  Robert got a call and went to MOnica and told her that there were no survivors found in the wreckage and that Drew was being declared dead in absentia.  

• Love 6

Her mouth looks all puffily lop-sided.   Especially the top lip.   I don't remember her looking like this on Lost.   Of course she was younger then, and maybe they had better lighting or something.  (Talking about Nina).

Edited by Ladyrain

Um, hello? What’s happened to Nina, Val, Charlotte, Lulu, Dustin et al after the blowup at the wedding yesterday? Are they just taking a break to recover from that disaster for a day or so? Where is Sasha? Her apologist, Michael? Or really, do we actually care? Nah.

1 hour ago, Linny said:

Of all the indignities befallen the Quartermaine family, seeing Monica cling to Franco in search of any wisps of her son inside of him is one of the worst.

This development was EXTREMELY displeasing to me.  Monica would...never.  She just would never.  She's a doctor, a woman of science, she would understand perfectly well that that's not Drew. 

And yes, it's extremely disrespectful to the actual Drew - who's dead or maybe dead or whatever - and the very sweet relationship we saw form ON-SCREEN that she would do this.

And to what end?  Because we know eventually he'll be Franco again and poor Monica's heart will shatter once more.

Oh it's all so terrible and yuck.  My poor, poor Monica.  Even begging Jason for more scraps of time and attention would be less pathetic.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

This development was EXTREMLY displeasing to me.  Monica would...never.  She just would never.  She's a doctor, a woman of science, she would understandly perfectly well that that's not Drew. 

And yes, it's extremely disrespectful to the actual Drew - who's dead or maybe dead or whatever - and the very sweet relationship we saw form ON-SCREEN that she would do this.

And to what end?  Because we know eventually he'll be Franco again and poor Monica's heart will shatter once more.

Oh it's all so terrible and yuck.  Even begging Jason for more scraps of time and attention would be less pathetic.

Oh no, I'm sure Franco will feel she is the mother Heather and Betsy never were and Franco will be a Baldwin AND a Q. 

8 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Um, hello? What’s happened to Nina, Val, Charlotte, Lulu, Dustin et al after the blowup at the wedding yesterday? Are they just taking a break to recover from that disaster for a day or so? Where is Sasha? Her apologist, Michael? Or really, do we actually care? Nah.

I don't know if you get the previews, they were in them.