Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I do think CW and JPS have better Nina-Valentine chemistry than existed with JPS and MS. (Excuse me if I've transposed any initials!) She genuinely seems crazy about him, so in spite of myself I feel as if something is at stake. 

I'm really amazed that Willow wasn't revealed to be wearing the other half of the necklace in the steam room yesterday. I was waiting for NIna to spot it mid-rant. 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I'm really amazed that Willow wasn't revealed to be wearing the other half of the necklace in the steam room yesterday. I was waiting for NIna to spot it mid-rant. 

I was half-expecting that too, but watching today got me wondering if the writers won't flip the script and decide that Nina had a son after all. The scenes between Lulu/Dustin gave me pause, mainly because he could totally pass as CW's son.

Also, the show is usually in the background in my house while I'm working, but I decided to stop and watch today, and I swear, it was the longest hour of my day. I kept looking at the clock.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

GIien that no one told Ava about Carly being at GH, Michael's attitude was so gross. And the drunk comment was out of line. Ava showed up hammered once, right? I'm no fan of Ava in general, but the way the Corinthii treat her is gross.

They think they're above it all when they're just as dirty as Ava, Julian and everyone else they look down on. 

Also, if I had to take a shot every time "Donna" was said today, I'd be in the hospital for alcohol poisoning right now. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

I'd really like it if Dustin were Nina's long lost kid. It would flip things and be more interesting. Also it would give him a reason to be on the show other than Lulu's boyfriend.

Add me to those who don't understand why they are holding off on Hayden telling Finn that he has a child.  Are they waiting till Anna comes back?  Because at this point, it's just  make Hayden look bad as well as being boring

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

GIien [given?] that no one told Ava about Carly being at GH, Michael's attitude was so gross. And the drunk comment was out of line. Ava showed up hammered once, right? I'm no fan of Ava in general, but the way the Corinthii treat her is gross. I wish Ava would find a really good lawyer and sue Sonny for custody and WIN. Wipe some of that smug off their faces. Too bad it will never happen.

I'm sure that their base loves it, Sonny and Carly and Michael demonstrating that they are so much better than those terrible Jeromes and really giving it to them.  

But I find it gross.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Add me to those who don't understand why they are holding off on Hayden telling Finn that he has a child.  Are they waiting till Anna comes back?  Because at this point, it's just  make Hayden look bad as well as being boring

I mean, considering the crap writing on this show it shouldn't be that surprising or hard to understand. But of course they're making one of my two favorites look bad. I should be used to it by now.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Why again are we supposed to care about Finn and Hayden and them having a kid?

I care because it was unresolved. I want to see who is taking care of this child and whether Nik has anything to do with it. From what she said today, I doubt it but you never know. I was hoping it was because the daughter was in danger somehow, but again today's episode seems like that isn't the case either. They had plenty of time to write something that works well. She was gone for almost two years. And Hayden was barely on this summer, it was all about stupid Franco and Liz and their vomit inducing marriage, plus psycho Kim. And fucking Shiloh. And stupid Baby Wiley's parentage (WGAF?)

I did really enjoy Ava and Hayden interacting. Ava's completely delusional about Nik, as is Hayden and her feelings towards Finn. They should bond by commiserating over their horrible life choices. And drinking copious amounts of alcohol. Nice to see two women together and ones we don't normally see together.

Weird to see MW with ME again. They've largely not even seen each other since he came on as Finn. It screamed Silas to me and I had to try hard not to cover my eyes.

Obviously could have done without the whole Sonny/Carly/Jason/Michael lovefest over the damn baby. Ava had the right idea when she heard - "I'm going to need another one of those. Or four." Indeed.

Nina and Valentin are sickening to watch. I don't like her, I don't like them. They're just too schmoopy and I want it to end.

Liesl, on the other hand, was a joy and a delight. Her reaction to the karaoke machine was priceless, as was her in her jammies and her flirting with Jax. She's such an underrated character.

Kevin and Laura are still dry as toast. No chemistry whatsoever.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 8

For the love of Dog can they please stop calling that baby Donna CORINTHOS??? I mean what else would her last name be? Jax? cassadine? Enough already! And Carly talking about how tiny and fragile Donna is? Maybe they should’ve found a smaller kid...

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Why again are we supposed to care about Dr. Michael Easton and Rebecca Budig and them having a kid?

Apparently they are Meant to Be. But given that ME always lets his acting partners do the heaving lifting, I'm having hard time seeing this. 

I don't care about their kid, but I wish Finn knew about her. It's gross. I want him to go scorched earth when he finally does know. Serve Rebecca Budig right for her idiotic lying.

9 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Liesl, on the other hand, was a joy and a delight. Her reaction to the karaoke machine was priceless, as was her in her jammies and her flirting with Jax.

I enjoyed all of that, too. The writing for her is all over the place—one minute she's a dastardly villain; the next she's Nina's loving, protective aunt—but KG gives it her all every time. I appreciate that.

• Love 17

I don't know if the thinking behind the scenes (add your own snarky interjection here) was ever that there needed to be a "reason" for Donna Bifida. The show long ago made the Benard and Wright duo its tentpole couple, and the pregnancy at least kept them busy and gave them nominal reasons to be onscreen together in the various stages. Do they want another child? Is it safe? Carly's blood pressure. Carly can't have stress. Jason has to keep her calm, because he's the only who can! And now there's this foreign kid living in the house! OB visits. Ultrasounds. Uh-oh, medical angst. What if the worst-case scenario happens? C-section. Happy ending with goo for their fans, who are scarce in these parts but probably think they were "due" another child after losing Morgan. 

Now that someone above mentioned it (sorry, it was the previous page and I'm being lazy), Valentin is kind of marooned without other Cassadines. He's literally a place-holder. He gives them a reason not to repurpose the Wyndemere set while other Cassadines are MIA. 

On a potential Kim WTD story: Just please, not some story where it's Julian's baby, and Kim knows this but switches the paternity tests to make it Dranco's, and someone else at the hospital is in on the secret. Too much of that. 

I thought Terry was well used in those scenes with Kim and Dranco, and also looked beautiful. 

I like the character Chet and think that Actor Van Etten seems like a really swell guy, and I thank him for his service (tm Curb Your Enthusiasm), but...while he's okay as sort of a Coleman for the new decade, and he was okay as Nurse Amy's plot-point brother, I don't think I want him in a love story with someone. His acting isn't really there yet. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

while he's okay as sort of a Coleman for the new decade, and he was okay as Nurse Amy's plot-point brother, I don't think I want him in a love story with someone. His acting isn't really there yet. 

He really isn't. The actor who played Coleman, Blake Gibbons, had a lot more experience when he first started as Coleman, and it took him forever to get a love interest. (And look what happened to that. Pfft.)

I do think it's a good idea to have a recurring character as bartender, because one reason you got to certain spots is for the familiarity.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I forgot all about that, LOL.

The major problem with Valentin is that the character was set up as some über-evil Cassadine—so terrible even Helena was afraid of him!—and once they cast JPS Sonny overpowered and beat him up in less than 10 seconds in a fistfight, they made Valentin a sobbing hunchback. It could have been fixed so easily, too—just give him another name! He could still be an illegitimate meanie who wants to bilk Spencer out of his inheritance. But making him specifically Valentin was a terrible mistake. 

Fixed that for you.

Sonny ruins everything. Even the Cassadines.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't care about their kid, but I wish Finn knew about her. It's gross. I want him to go scorched earth when he finally does know. Serve Rebecca Budig right for her idiotic lying.

I have a hard time believing Finn would go scorched earth on anything. He's so unemotional you would think he's related to Jason instead of Chase.

Okay, why do we call Hayden Rebecca Budig again? It sounds odd and out of place since she isn't the one lying. Is it because she had two names for a brief time? 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I don't know if the thinking behind the scenes (add your own snarky interjection here) was ever that there needed to be a "reason" for Donna Bifida. The show long ago made the Benard and Wright duo its tentpole couple, and the pregnancy at least kept them busy and gave them nominal reasons to be onscreen together . 

I would believe that if not for the many S&C scenes we've had of them worrying about/discussing Josslyn's grieving and constantly bringing up Morgan, Mike's illness, Avery and what a bad person they think Ava is, and most recently bringing Dev into the household. Except for Dev, all of these topics have kept them busy on-screen both before and since the surprise pregnancy news. Either the Dev storyline should never have been introduced, or there should not have have been a pregnancy. It is ridiculous to add a teenager with an unknown background to your family just months before welcoming a newborn into the family, especially when you have two minor daughters in the home and have no idea if said teenager could pose a threat to them (through the kid's thoughtless actions or circumstances, e.g. someone is after the kid and when targeting him hurts one of the daughters instead).

• Love 5

They might have just done it to give Carly a storyline, as boring and unnecessary as it was. Even though she’s supposed to be the lead actress of the show, they weren’t really doing much with her except for having her talk about Morgan and shoving her into storylines she had no business in, i.e. Ryan. Mike’s Alzheimers and Dev have been more for Sonny and she wasn’t really involved in the DoD stuff with Sonny, Jason, and Sam because Kristina isn’t her kid. Joss is a teen so she can carry her own storylines.

Unfortunately this means that she’ll probably be front and center once the baby switch is revealed because they don’t have anything else for her to do.

Edited by ffwbe
16 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

They might have just done it to give Carly a storyline, as boring and unnecessary as it was. Even though she’s supposed to be the lead actress of the show, they weren’t really doing much with her

Good point, but it was unnecessary given that she has a business, the Metrocourt. She could have a storyline there, like it looks as if someone is trying to sabotage the hotel or she clashes with Olivia as Olivia seems to be neglecting important stuff at the Metrocourt because she's so focused on fighting with Julian about obtaining the Charlie's bar, installing a pizza oven, etc. I could see Carly saying something like "I know you're trying to keep busy so you don't have to think about your son being ill and abandoning my cousin and Rocco, but Metrocourt business shouldn't suffer because of it!"  Although this show is more likely to turn the Dante leaves topic between them into "You raised a son who abandoned his family! Things might have turned out differently if Sonny had a role in raising Dante! Sonny would never abandon his children!"

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

It's hard to say which story I can less about: another Corinthos spawn or Sam being arrested. Gosh I wonder if Jason will get her out of this mess, OMG, it's so suspenseful. 

Jason is paying more attention to Carly's baby then his own damn kids. What a total crap father. 

I wish they wouldn't play Leisel's crush only for laughs. She is a smart, attractive woman (criminal activity aside) and she is not much older than Jax.

I actually miss Coleman. He had a unique swarthy man bartender vibe.  

• Love 17
7 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Jason is paying more attention to Carly's baby then his own damn kids. What a total crap father. 

Same as it ever was.  And it's rubbed off on Sam, who thought it was of the utmost importance for her to be at the hospital when DawnofDay Corinthos was born, but hasn't mentioned Donnie or Scarlett since the 4th of July.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

I wish they wouldn't play Leisel's crush only for laughs. She is a smart, attractive woman (criminal activity aside) and she is not much older than Jax.

This.  Women are old and pathetic.  And men like Jax aren't interested, they're just humoring her. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I have a hard time believing Finn would go scorched earth on anything. He's so unemotional you would think he's related to Jason instead of Chase.

Okay, why do we call Hayden Rebecca Budig again? It sounds odd and out of place since she isn't the one lying. Is it because she had two names for a brief time? 

Partly that and since they gave her no personality besides snark, she was just called Rebecca Budig then.

• Love 1
On 10/1/2019 at 5:20 PM, statsgirl said:

Liz is approaching that kind of crazy too but I did like her comment of what if Franco is still in there observing but unable communicate with them.

That got to me too.  That would be so awful.

• Love 6

Nina - too much makeup for wedding. Ages her.

lulu -a young woman wearing a mother of the bride dress?

Liesl - spectacular in that emerald green dress. She makes my day. awesome actress and character.

• Love 3

It's really weird that they are playing Hayden and Finn so low key I would have thought that they'd ramp it up before Anna's return for the soapiness of it.

What does Carly have against Nina? That face when Jax told her that he was going to Nina's wedding.

I can believe the existence of vampires and a world freezing machine before I can believe that street kid Dev speaks English perfectly with no hint of an accent

4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

On a potential Kim WTD story: Just please, not some story where it's Julian's baby, and Kim knows this but switches the paternity tests to make it Dranco's, and someone else at the hospital is in on the secret. Too much of that.

Why bother doing a WTD story at all?  While it might be nice for Julian finally being able to raise his own child, neither Julian nor Franco shares Oscar's DNA.   And I doubt many of the audience care

I don't care what this show wants us to believe, but Lulu and Nina are not friends. They can be civilly cordial for Charlotte's sake, but that is the most I will accept. Nina doesn't give any fucks about Lulu's feelings, why is Lulu written as being so concerned about hers?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

I'm happy that it's being played for laughs because in some ways Jax being genuinely interested in her would be worse than him falling in love with and marrying Carly. At least Carly's not that bright and unlike Leisl, her schemes/lying didn't involve shooting a hostage (a friend of Jax) in the hostage's own home, holding someone prisoner long-term and torturing them (also Jax's friend!), lying about a not deceased baby - Jax's daughter's nephew - for her own selfish reasons, etc.  

I would rather Jax get involved with Anna, Laura, or Monica rather than Faison's former lover and accomplice. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I actually miss Coleman. He had a unique swarthy man bartender vibe.  

Oh man, I had the hugest crush on Coleman.   He looked like the quintessential bad boy.   I miss him.

• Love 7

I can believe the existence of vampires and a world freezing machine before I can believe that street kid Dev speaks English perfectly with no hint of an accent

He said earlier he learned English from watching American TV, so I can believe he could get rid of his accent. It's easier to do when you're young.

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I'm happy that it's being played for laughs because in some ways Jax being genuinely interested in her would be worse than him falling in love with and marrying Carly.

I don't know why they can't just have an enjoyable platonic flirt, especially knowing how it would irritate certain people. Those can be a lot of fun.

• Love 2

My dislike of the Liesl-Jax flirtation is that it seems like they're mocking her; a handsome, rich, man Jax would never be interested in her. Hayden, much younger and thinner, is his type, just as Margaux for much older Sonny.  Flirting is flirting and there is no reason why Jax wouldn't have fun with an intelligent, well-read attractive woman even if she is a dozen years older than he is.

11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He said earlier he learned English from watching American TV, so I can believe he could get rid of his accent. It's easier to do when you're young.

I grew up with people for whom English is a second language and I volunteer with refugees now. One of them is a 10 year old girl (Arabic and Turkish speaking) who has been fulltime in an English school as well as ESL classes for three years now. Even now her English is problematic and she has a heavy accent..

Dev may have been able to learn the language from watching TV but he wouldn't notice the differences in how he is pronouncing sounds and how native English speakers do.  (Also he's a street kid, how did he watch that much TV?)

• Love 3

The way they are building this up, I can only assume the Sasha reveal will be a colossal let down ...although, there is little danger of Jason dropping through the ceiling to announce Valentin's deception, so at least it has that going for it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Dev may have been able to learn the language from watching TV but he wouldn't notice the differences in how he is pronouncing sounds and how native English speakers do.  (Also he's a street kid, how did he watch that much TV?)

Why wouldn't he? Some people have a good ear and are excellent mimics. If Dev were a 50-year-old with no accent, I'd call foul. But as a teen? It's not unusual.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Oh man, I had the hugest crush on Coleman.   He looked like the quintessential bad boy.   I miss him.

I liked him and Kate as a couple. They really worked for some reason.

• Love 1

I grew up with people for whom English is a second language 

So did I. I think not having an accent, a lot of it is skill and some of it is luck.

• Love 1

"Someone is obviously trying to frame Sam!" Then figure out who it is, Diane! It's not up to the PCPD or the DA to prove Sam's innocence. 

I like that Jax figured out on his own that Dev isn't Sonny's cousin. I also like that he didn't come down too hard on Joss for lying.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, TVbitch said:

My girl Kathleen Gati can Get.  It.

At least she's not slobbering over Sonny, I guess.  But she does deserve to have the greatest (evil) romance of our time.  Remember how good she and Victor Cassadine were together for five minutes?

• Love 4

Oh, for fuck's sake: Donna Courtney?

on a plus, it was heartwarming to see Sam, after spending a night in jail, go see her kids?  Hahahaha, as if!  Of course she went straight to the Corinthii to pay homage to DawnofDay.

• Love 6

My dad has lived in America for 46 years (came here as teen) and never lost his accent and his English is fine.  It's very hard to lose an accent no matter how good you speak.  I do not buy Dev would lose it this quickly, but that's the least of the problems that plague this bad 'soap opera.'

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Diane: "do you really think Sam would skip town without her children?"

Me: If Jason told her to, in a heartbeat.

She didn't go home to shower and change after spending the night in lockup. Pretty sure she didn't go see her children either before she went to the hospital.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4