Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

41 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Of course she controls her actions.  He wants to believe her mental state is out of control as she is grieving Oscar, and so Franco talking as if he is Drew and wanting to hear about Oscar causes her to behave irrationally.  That is far less painful to think about than "my girlfriend is disregarding reality, our relationship and my feelings because she wants to cling to wish fulfillment for a do-over of her past when she was in love for the first time."

I think Julian does the know the truth even if what he’s telling Liz is different. When he broke up with Kim, he told her that he might have been able to get past the cheating because she’s grieving Oscar but not that he’ll always be second to Drew. And he pretty much said the same thing when he discussed it with Alexis, that he couldn’t live in the shadow of the love of her life (although he might be a hypocrite on that one considering he told Alexis recently that he doesn’t think he’ll ever be completely over her). 

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

(although he might be a hypocrite on that one considering he told Alexis recently that he doesn’t think he’ll ever be completely over her). 

I don't think that's hypocritical. When you hold a dagger to someone's throat and threaten to kill her, there are bound to be residual feelings of some sort. Heh. And he's been pretty respectful of Alexis's wishes to stay platonic.

I like how they've written Alexis and Julian post-breakup. They still have feelings for each other but know they're pretty much a toxic couple when together romantically. That's a lot more self-awareness than most people show on GH. Ahem, SONNY AND CARLY.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, sunnyface said:

What a pleasurable episode, karoake notwithstanding.  No Carson or Jasam - just Michael Corinthos and no Franco.

This.  Any day without any of these things is a win...regardless if it's boring or not.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Annamz said:

Does anyone know if there's any chance Dev will end up being Brenda and Sonny's son? Does Sonny really know who he is and is keeping that from everyone?

I saw some speculation that he was Brenda’s son Alec or Sonny’s son but I think both were more wishful thinking that he is someone that had ties to the canvas versus another newbie who is hogging screentime. Unfortunately, I think he really just is a random kid that Sonny has no ties to because they wanted a new Stone. 

• Love 2

I hope he's some random kid, because there are too many people connected to one another the way it is. That's something that drives me batty about this fakakta show: It thinks tying a newbie to an established character gives the newbie instead cred. NO. Especially when it's a surprise relative no one knew about. Then the show ignores the connection anyway, so there's no point.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

When you hold a dagger to someone's throat and threaten to kill her, there are bound to be residual feelings of some sort.

Likewise there are residual feelings when you threaten to place the love of your life behind bars for life by wearing a wire.  This is not excusing placing a knife to someone's throat.  Julian did it once, he can surely do it again.  She should stay far away - far far away.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:04 PM, ulkis said:

Sonny and Carly are about 50 and 45 respectively. They aren't going to be naming their kid the latest in names, necessarily.

I know a Donna in her late 40s. I think of it as a 70s name, not a grandma name.

I guess it depends on where you're from. Some of the names people are citing as modern or current or whatever make me raise my eyebrow.

Donna actually was most popular in the 1950s/60s.  I know several Donnas in their 50s to 70s.

Old names are coming back though, but this one just seemed odd.  Especially if one didn't know the BTS reason for it.  

• Useful 1

Maybe Julian and Lulu can commiserate over crazy exes.....

As for the old school Snarly baby name.... eh, people are rolling back around to naming kids after older relatives, and there is a definite backlash after decades of more "interesting" names.  We are in a world where the Tiffanys and the Jordyns are going to be less prevalent, thank goodness.

Edited by ouinason
  • Love 3

If it's nighttime, why are the dudes going golfing? Golf courses aren't usually lit, unless it's miniature golf. 

4 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

What was going on with Peter today? He looked very different. Was it just his hair? I noticed it was curly today rather than that floppy style he usually wears. Was his beard also thicker? I don't know. He looked off.

To me it looked like they were trying to style him younger than he actually is, like when Jacob Young played Lucky and they had to hide how buff he was by putting him in baggy jackets and the like. With JY, they did this from the start. It's a little late for LWB/FS.

Oh, Michael. If Nina is stupid enough to marry Valentin after she knows he lied to her multiple times, I'm not sure she deserves better.

LOL at Liesl yelling at the spa employee in Swedish, because it's "close enough" to Norwegian. (She's not wrong; I think they can understand each other.) But also boo to Liesl for yelling at the spa employee, and boo to Nina and Maxie, too. Yell at someone who can make changes, not the poor slob sweeping up after the elephants.

Ugh, Michael, invoking Sonny when you're trying to stand up to Valentin totally undercuts things.

Ew, Willow and Chase had sex in the steam room. That's wildly inappropriate, not to mention completely gross.

Nicely soapy that Lulu overheard Sasha's secret in the bar bathroom.

• Love 7

What colour is Maxie's hair supposed to be?  It's not blond.  Sometimes it's looks grey and sometimes it looks blue.  It confuses me.

Okay, who else was thinking that they need to pull back the picture of Helena and look underneath for that codicil.  Laura's line of, "I looked in the trophy room but I didn't see it", well geez it's not going to be sitting on the desk for anyone to find.  

That ending caught me by surprise.  I was so busy thinking that if Liesl and Sasha dont' want anyone to know that she's not Nina's daughter, maybe they shouldn't talk about it at the top of their lungs in a public bathroom.  Then lo and behold, the camera pans over, and there's Lulu, overhearing the whole thing.  

• Love 7

Maxie's hair definitely looked grey from the back today. And she's been wearing it in that braided/pinned back style for a while. She's very pretty. Wonder why it's so hard to give her a nice hair style/color ?

I thought JPS did a great job singing today. But it just sounds weird coming from his character. He's supposed to be this super evil Cassadine, but he sings like a pop star or someone on Broadway. I wasn't familiar with the song, so I don't know if there is another version to compare it to ?

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

That ending caught me by surprise.  I was so busy thinking that if Liesl and Sasha dont' want anyone to know that she's not Nina's daughter, maybe they shouldn't talk about it at the top of their lungs in a public bathroom.  Then lo and behold, the camera pans over, and there's Lulu, overhearing the whole thing.  

I didn't see today, but my girl Liesl would know better.  She would certainly do a stall check!

But at least it's less contrived than writing a letter to assauge your guilt and not ensuring every single, solitary piece of it had been burned or destroyed, BRITT. #stillteambrittthough

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Benji said:

I thought JPS did a great job singing today. But it just sounds weird coming from his character. He's supposed to be this super evil Cassadine, but he sings like a pop star or someone on Broadway. I wasn't familiar with the song, so I don't know if there is another version to compare it to ?

He released an album earlier this year. I suspect the song was from that, and that it might be original.

I was wondering if GH paid for full rights or if they finagled a discount because he was performing it on "his" show.

2 hours ago, Benji said:

Maxie's hair definitely looked grey from the back today. And she's been wearing it in that braided/pinned back style for a while. She's very pretty. Wonder why it's so hard to give her a nice hair style/color ?

The actresses get their hair dyed at their own hairstylists, so that would be a question for KSt. As for her hair I'm pretty sure they style it so some of it hangs in front of her face.

• Love 1
On 10/1/2019 at 2:58 PM, Gam2 said:

Why does Hayden’s hair always look like it’s been chewed by rats?

A lot of bad hair. Laura and Maxie. More I can't think of off the top of my head. 😉

• Love 1
On 10/1/2019 at 5:57 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Franco to Teri about how she doesn't know what it's like to live in a body that she doesn't feel she belongs in and so on, I wish she had given him the smackdown he so richly deserves.

And Kim is 100% enabling him, just like he is enabling her. Please, leave town together, go live your happily ever after and fuck off.

I was waiting for that smackdown too.

am I missing something - why is RH playing Franco as Drew with sort of a weird hint of a British accent? 😦

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, seasons said:

am I missing something - why is RH playing Franco as Drew with sort of a weird hint of a British accent? 😦

No . . . it's been an ongoing topic of puzzlement here. The accent varies from day to day: sometimes it sounds Southern; I swear I heard a New Yawker accent another day; and today, faintly British. 

Maybe he's trying to show us his versatility? 😉

• LOL 5
8 hours ago, rur said:

He released an album earlier this year. I suspect the song was from that, and that it might be original.

Yes. It was "My Dear," a track from his album The Apple Tree. Some of the songs are standards ("That's All") or pop covers ("And So It Goes," "The Book of Love"), but in an interview with one of the soap rags, he mentioned writing songs for it. So I assume others are his own compositions. This may be one of the originals, as I don't recognize it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm not a huge fan of nu-Nina, which is weird because old-Nina drove me nuts, (so maybe I'm not a fan of any Nina at all!), but she really, really bugged me when talking to Charlotte about the party. She seemed to be talking down to her when explaining why Charlotte couldn't go, and for all of MS-Nina's faults, she never spoke to Charlotte as though Charlotte wouldn't understand what she was saying. The one thing I liked about old-Nina was her relationship with Charlotte. (Not how she thought Charlotte was the best thing since sliced bread, but the way she interacted with her.)

I loved the discovery that Lulu over heard Liesl and Sasha's conversation in the ladies' room!

I am desperately afraid that Kim is going to find herself pregnant, and we're going to have a "who's the baby daddy" story line. Because (a) I don't friggin' care about Kim, (b) we have enough little children around as it is, and (c) everyone will ignore the fact the baby would only be Oscar's half-sibling because Franco-Drew isn't biologically Drew.  The only possible hint of interest would be if Franco-Drew went back to being just Franco - because Franco didn't want a child of his own.  But that's enough to outweigh the reasons I don't want this to happen. (Although, Scott would get a grandchild...and he does need more family around...but still, no.)

• Love 4

Actually, Liz and Franco have offhandedly discussed having a child together, but it was more of a throw away than anything else.  it was... Christmas time ish?  or maybe before the wedding/earthquake  not sure which.

That is a story I do want to see though.  Like, regardless of whether Franco wants children of his biological own, I can not see him in a million years leaving any child to be raised by someone as crazypants as Kim is.  He knows how kids with crazy moms turn out... like him.  Regardless of a brain tumor, Betsy's unbalanced ass made Franco quite off kilter and definitively contributed to his abuse with her "fragile" state and then convincing him that Andy was imaginary to cover her own ass.  

Kim would have a child raised to believe he has an invisible older brother  who he has to give presents to each Christmas or something.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

I am desperately afraid that Kim is going to find herself pregnant, and we're going to have a "who's the baby daddy" story line.

It would be either Julian or Frew, and I'd like to think that with Julian, they took precautions. I can totally see her not caring about birth control with Frew.

All that said, if Kim gets pregnant, I'll...keep watching, but be REALLY angry while doing it.

• Love 3

Maxie looked so much better in jeans and a cute top with her hair in a pony tail. And hell yes to Chet being the one who picks up the pieces after Peter is found out.

I agree too many babies! And soon they will all be older than Spenser. The show needs a handsome prince and they need to SORAS that kid NOW.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Maxie looked so much better in jeans and a cute top with her hair in a pony tail. And hell yes to Chet being the one who picks up the pieces after Peter is found out.

She did look cute in her casual attire.

Ugh, I just cannot warm up to Chet, so that's a no from me.

You know what never gets old?  Michael passive/aggressively threatening someone by dropping Sonny's name.  Yeah, that's always a delight. /sarcasm

• Love 3
15 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

What colour is Maxie's hair supposed to be?  It's not blond.  Sometimes it's looks grey and sometimes it looks blue.  It confuses me.

Okay, who else was thinking that they need to pull back the picture of Helena and look underneath for that codicil.  Laura's line of, "I looked in the trophy room but I didn't see it", well geez it's not going to be sitting on the desk for anyone to find.  

To me it looked like the portrait was painted to reflect a male figure in the silver coffee pot. If so, it will be a game of find-the-pot, excuse the expression.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
14 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

You know what never gets old?  Michael passive/aggressively threatening someone by dropping Sonny's name.  Yeah, that's always a delight. /sarcasm

I give Michael a pass on the threat to Valentin because he was reacting to Valentin threatening him and Sasha, because he mentioned his Quartermaine and Corinthos families having his back, and because Valentin asked Sonny to deal with Cassandra, implying that Cassandra was a danger to Michael as well as Sasha.

Assuming Kim gets pregnant, it will most definitely be Franco's because a) there's no drama if it's Julian's and b) Kim and FrancoDrew went just a few feet to her couch to have sex, and there's been a lot of emphasis on the spontaneity of it: 'got swept away in the memories of Drew/I don't have control of what I'm feeling," blah blah.  Whereas right before Kim tried to rape Drew, she was asking Julian to have a baby with her. That indicates to me that they had been taking precautions in their relationship up to that point to not get pregnant. 

• Love 4

Kim getting pregnant does seem to be the most likely route the show would take but I’m hoping they are starting to realize that she isn’t coming off as sympathetic here despite what the writing says. I don’t know who that storyline would appeal to since the people who want Franco to have a kid want it to be with Liz and Kim wanting an Oscar replacement was already problematic enough when she wanted to get pregnant by Julian or Drew. 

They’ve had Kim switch her mind back and forth between Frew and Julian pretty much daily since this memory storyline has started so I can’t figure out what’s going through her head. I think it would much more compelling to find out that she’s always been mentally unhinged and have her go fully off the rails. Drew didn’t realize it because he only knew her for a few weeks and in PC, it got written off because she’s been dealing with the Oscar stuff. Crazy would be a lot more interesting to me than what we’re getting now and I don’t think there’s a way to fully redeem Kim after this and have her go back to being a random supporting character. I’ve seen way too much Kim hate out there and frustration that she’s being coddled by other characters. Hell, I don’t even want to see her go back to GH with the way she’s been acting. I’d be concerned for her patients. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I give Michael a pass on the threat to Valentin because he was reacting to Valentin threatening him and Sasha, because he mentioned his Quartermaine and Corinthos families having his back, and because Valentin asked Sonny to deal with Cassandra, implying that Cassandra was a danger to Michael as well as Sasha.

IMO, Michael (or anyone, for that matter) dropping Daddy's name in any context is a weak move. Fight your own battles!

6 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Crazy would be a lot more interesting to me than what we’re getting now

I'm not a fan of how often the show goes to this well, especially with women who are mothers. It's sexist and misogynistic, to say the very least, as well as showing a marked lack of imagination. Then again, the entire show has a marked lack of imagination, so TFGH.

Edited by dubbel zout
more complaining
  • Love 3

I don't think it would a WTD if Kim got pregnant. If they wanted to do that Julian and Kim would have had sex after Kim and Franco.

2 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

and for all of MS-Nina's faults, she never spoke to Charlotte as though Charlotte wouldn't understand what she was saying.

See, and I felt like she spoke that way to everyone, heh.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't think it would a WTD if Kim got pregnant.

I don't think they can resist a WTD story.

32 minutes ago, ulkis said:

If they wanted to do that Julian and Kim would have had sex after Kim and Franco.

Sleeping with Julian prior to FrankenKim would work.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I don't think they can resist a WTD story.

Sleeping with Julian prior to FrankenKim would work.

Yeah, but they didn't seem like they were sleeping together much and after Julian nixed her baby idea he was probably careful.

Well they haven't said she's pregnant yet but if she is I'll bet you 5 monopoly dollars it won't be wtd or it will be cleared up very quickly. Just long enough for Julian to get a sympathy hug from Alexis.

• Love 3

If they wanted to do a WTD story, I don’t think they would have had Julian find out that Kim slept with Franco this early. It would make more sense for it to be kept secret longer so we could have Julian get excited about finally being able to be a full time father for the first time even if it wasn’t the best time for Kim to get pregnant and then be devastated when he learns that there’s a possibility that the baby isn’t his. They could have even done it after Franco gets his memories back and doesn’t remember what happened in the interim so Liz has to debate whether to say something. As the story stands now, they would probably do a paternity test as soon as they can and there isn’t any real angst with having Julian be the father so we know it will be Franco’s. Doesn’t the baby almost always turn out to be the result of the cheating/affair when they go that route?

Edited by ffwbe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I don't see much drama in a WTD story for Kim, tbh. It's either Julian or Frew, and would Kim at this point really care? She just seems to want a replacement for Oscar, however it can happen. As for the men, Julian is still pretty sympathetic toward her, and Frew probably would like having a kid since he missed Oscar's life. A custody battle (groan) would be a bore with these extremely low stakes.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Benji said:

This is probably common knowledge and I'm just late to the party, but JPS is the son of Chad Stuart who was in the 1960's singing group Chad and Jeremy. No wonder he can carry a tune. It's in his blood. I really like the actor but the character annoys me (same for NuNina and Shiloh). I wish they could figure out something else to do with him.

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

They haven’t been able to do much with Valentin with no other Cassadines on the show. Alexis hasn’t been interested in being a Cassadine in decades and her kids have really never had anything to do with them aside from when they randomly need to pull Sam into a story. His main foe so far has been Spencer so how intimidating could he be? I assume that dropped SL last year with Alexis mother’s watch was supposed to usher in either Stefan or Nikolas’ return but obviously something happened with that. If something actually pans out with this codicil storyline and Nikolas returns, I might be more interested in him but otherwise, I don’t see a place for his character on the show after Nina ends things with him. 

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

JPS is the son of Chad Stuart who was in the 1960's singing group Chad and Jeremy. No wonder he can carry a tune.

Well, I listened to him yesterday, and his ability to carry a tune was debatable.  Kudos to actress playing NuNina who had to gaze adoringly at him while he croaked out that song.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Alexis mother’s watch

I forgot all about that, LOL.

The major problem with Valentin is that the character was set up as some über-evil Cassadine—so terrible even Helena was afraid of him!—and once they cast JPS, they made Valentin a sobbing hunchback. It could have been fixed so easily, too—just give him another name! He could still be an illegitimate meanie who wants to bilk Spencer out of his inheritance. But making him specifically Valentin was a terrible mistake. Same with making RoHo Franco. Just give him another name! I will NEVER understand why anyone on the writing staff thought either of these things was a good idea.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

. I think it would much more compelling to find out that she’s always been mentally unhinged and have her go fully off the rails. 

Going fully off the rails is basically a repeat of what the show did when Lisa, a doctor/old fling of Patrick's, came to Port Charles and wanted to reclaim the "great love" she felt she once had with Patrick, esp. after Patrick's ultimate mistake of a ONS with Lisa while Robin was out of town.  The way Kim is dismissing the Friz marriage now and talking about Elizabeth being unfair to Drew reminds me of how Lisa would trash talk Robin and the Scrubs marriage. This is just crazier/sicker because the man is literally not the guy from the unhinged doctor's past and she knows it. 

Did I hear correctly that Hayden is not telling Finn they have a daughter because he moved on and got engaged after she left, and because she's afraid he'll try to get custody of the daughter? 

Nina's happiness means the world to Dr. O? Since when? There is no reason for her to care unless this is somehow about her late son Nathan's adoration of his beloved sister (really bio cousin) when he was growing up.  Dr. O is showing more concern for Nina than she ever has for her own daughter Britt. So. much. WTF.

Hey Michael, do you remember when "the best mother in the world" lied to your face for months and helped your adoptive father cover up the fact that he murdered your biological father at point blank range? Or how about when she asked you to participate in her planned wedding to the guy who got you raped in prison?!

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 4

Ugh, why is Lulu unloading all her stupid life problems on teacher guy that she barely knows?  He should ditch her whiny ass pronto. I can't believe such a legacy character is such a pain in the ass.

new Nina seems to be just trying too hard. Especially in the scenes with Sasha. 

Laura and Kevin sleuthing their way around Wyndemere was equal parts unbelievable and fun, and they sure were adorably proud of themselves. I just want to know how Helena found the time to plant clues in a painting in between swapping Jason and Drew, engineering Charlotte's existence, etc. Is that kind of time management and foresight a skill I can learn or is it just a cool bonus of being evil?

Can't wait to see the next dumb evolution of "oh no, Finn, this finger painting is Aiden's" and "oh no, Finn, I'm cooing on the phone to my dog" in Hayden's repertoire of secret diverting. She's not coming across great, intentionally keeping a child and father separated just because she's scared to rock the boat. Also, just tell us the kid's name already so we can incorporate it into our discussion of badly named GH characters.

I would have nixxed every minute of sappy Jason/Carly/Michael talking about Donna (who is miraculously unscathed, as is her birthright as a Corinthos) in favor of more Jax and Liesl flirting in German. I don't know what I liked better, Jax charming the pants off Liesl or Nina's incredulous face in response, hee.

• Love 6

I’m a little relieved that the sb didn’t amount to anything. There was no way they could do justice to that storyline and we would have just kept hearing how Sonny and Carly are the bestest parents ever even though all evidence points to the contrary. Plus the show has little to no interest in having kids onscreen these days, even with the leads, so we already know Donna is going to be mostly offscreen with the nanny anyway 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, Linny said:

Donna (who is miraculously unscathed, as is her birthright as a Corinthos)

I'm now convinced the only reason for this baby was so Maurice could give a speech talking about "Donna from the neighborhood" which was really a tribute to the makeup artist who passed away.  Which, sorry, but nope--make a sassy barista at Corinthos Coffee with that name if you want to do something on-screen, not another baby that Sonny and Carly don't need.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm now convinced the only reason for this baby was so Maurice could give a speech talking about "Donna from the neighborhood" which was really a tribute to the makeup artist who passed away.  Which, sorry, but nope--make a sassy barista at Corinthos Coffee with that name if you want to do something on-screen, not another baby that Sonny and Carly don't need.

This has to be why it was done.  They did nothing with this pregnancy....not even a difficult birth.

Donna Messina died in December last year, Carly found out she was pregnant in February that would have been enough time to write this in after her passing. Plus MB was going around acting like the spokesperson for the show when she passed away.

Edited by Hater
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Not true! Carly was nervous going into the ER for the C-section!

Fortunately Jason and Sonny were there to help her calm down. 🙄

A big problem with this show these days is the amount of power MB and SBu have to put their bad ideas into the show.

• Love 8

LOL at Lulu slowly pulling up her feet in the bathroom stall.

GIien that no one told Ava about Carly being at GH, Michael's attitude was so gross. And the drunk comment was out of line. Ava showed up hammered once, right? I'm no fan of Ava in general, but the way the Corinthii treat her is gross. I wish Ava would find a really good lawyer and sue Sonny for custody and WIN. Wipe some of that smug off their faces. Too bad it will never happen.Rebecca Budig lying about the kid is tedious.

The longer she doesn't tell Finn about her, the worse it will be. And as drama, it's boring as fuck. It's the coverup, not the crime. Why don't people ever learn this?

Laura and Kevin were adorable. The codicil thing is dumb, but it's nice to see them have a light, fun caper.

"Go home, Lulu, you're drunk." Heh.

"You think you really know someone, and then it turns out they're not that person at all." Is Lulu talking about Sasha? Do they really know each other? She shouldn't be surprised that Liesl and Valentin lie.

Geez, Michael, I know you're your mother's son, but still: Maybe knock on her hospital door before barging in?

• Love 4