Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I don't mind Dev's accent because they made a point of him putting effort into changing it.  He did say it was no problem, but it's not like it "went away" naturally, he's putting on an american accent like a lot of actors do for roles.  Obviously though, the actor is a native english speaker, so it sounds a little too perfect.  

He's no Mathew Rhys (actor from the Americans who was a Welsh man acting a Russian with a Fake American accent)

• Love 5

Okay, those of you with younger siblings, were you excited to find out about a new baby?  Joss is older than most, she's not as concerned as someone, say, Jake or Aiden's age.  And the Corinthii are filthy rich, so it doesn't mean mom and dad can't afford to spend as much money on you.  And the house is big enough so one wouldn't have to listen to the Wahhhh! all night.  And nannies.  And no get stuck babysitting if you didn't want to. 

So, do all kids love younger siblings, or am I the only selfish one who is happy to be the youngest?

Previews...

Jax (to Sonny): You haven't changed at all, have you?

Me: Oh Jax, my love, why would you think Sonny changed?  He thinks he's great.  And his behavior is constnatly lionized and rewarded with the love of the town and new babies.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Why wouldn't he? Some people have a good ear and are excellent mimics.

This. Check out any interview with the recently deceased classical singer Jessye Norman. She was born in Georgia and educated here in the States, but just a short while after living and working abroad (in her twenties), well...let's just say she didn't sound like the rest of the Norman family. You'd see her interviewed by an English journalist and she'd sound at least as English as the journalist.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, amaranta said:

This is like the third episode where one of the main story lines has been about The Naming of The Baby.

And they kept telling Mike they had a surprise for him, which I'm sure he never imagined would be hearing that Donna's middle name is Courtney. Some "surprise." At least give him a dinner gift certificate or something.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And they kept telling Mike they had a surprise for him, which I'm sure he never imagined would be hearing that Donna's middle name is Courtney. Some "surprise." At least give him a dinner gift certificate or something.

I'm so tired of them hauling out Mike for these sentimental Mo moments. 

• Love 12
19 hours ago, statsgirl said:

My dislike of the Liesl-Jax flirtation is that it seems like they're mocking her; a handsome, rich, man Jax would never be interested in her.

I have no problem with that considering that Liesl has mocked or belittled a bunch of characters on this show. (I especially hate her repeatedly calling nurse Elizabeth a little mouse.) She reminds me of Sonny in her entitled, look-down-on-everyone even though I'm a conscience-less criminal attitude. Just because Liesl has/had a medical license, is smart and well-educated, has a foreign accent and is relatively attractive doesn't make her a catch. She would be a good fit for Jerry.  Jax should never be interested in her because it would be totally beneath him. If the Show wants Jax to be interested in an older woman, it should be either Anna or Monica -  quality women who have not made his friends or daughter suffer. Also, Jax getting involved with either Robin's mom or AJ and Jason's mom would really make Carly and possibly Jason twitch so that's a bonus.  

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, TVbitch said:

The way they are building this up, I can only assume the Sasha reveal will be a colossal let down ...although, there is little danger of Jason dropping through the ceiling to announce Valentin's deception, so at least it has that going for it. 

Wouldn't be too surprising to see Jason crash the wedding as he zeroes in on Peter.  Still shaking my head that they let Billy Miller go and we are stuck with SBu. 

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

Wouldn't be too surprising to see Jason crash the wedding as he zeroes in on Peter.  Still shaking my head that they let Billy Miller go and we are stuck with SBu. 

He walked.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, statsgirl said:

What does Carly have against Nina? That face when Jax told her that he was going to Nina's wedding.

Nina attacked Ava and induced labor, then kidnapped newborn Avery (with Franco as accomplice). Nina constantly defends and is re-marrying Valentin, the man who (for now) murdered Carly's cousin Lulu's brother and took away the home and fortune of Spencer, who is both Lulu and Sonny's nephew as well as Mike's grandson (the late Courtney was Spencer's mother). I assume she also dislikes Nina's loyalty to Valentin because he deliberately kept Lulu's daughter Charlotte away from her until recently, but who knows.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I suspect the real "point" of baby Donna Courtney (or, Donckey) is that of all of CarSon's kids to choose from, the writers chose to kill off their only biological child together.

Yes, it was a mercy killing in terms of the audience, but I have a feeling (based on no evidence) that the show, and the CarSon fans, want them to have a bio kid together. 

• Love 2

6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

This. Check out any interview with the recently deceased classical singer Jessye Norman. She was born in Georgia and educated here in the States, but just a short while after living and working abroad (in her twenties), well...let's just say she didn't sound like the rest of the Norman family. You'd see her interviewed by an English journalist and she'd sound at least as English as the journalist.  

Classically trained singers have language coaches to teach them to sing without accent in the main classical music languages: Italian, German, French and English. Jessye Norman trained at Howard University, the Peabody Institute and the University of Michigan. If she wanted to lose her native accent, there were a bunch of trained professionals to help her.

The show is asking me believe that 15 year old Turkish street kid Dev not only watched enough TV to learn fluent English, he speaks it without accent and also learned to write and read so well that he's read books Josslyn has barely heard of.

It's not a big a thing compared to Sonny being a big mob boss instead of just a low level thug. But it's too big for me.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ciarra said:

What an ugly, ill-fitting dress Lulu was wearing.  It made her boobs look weird. 

I don't think red should be worn to a wedding. 

My first wedding was red and black. The bridesmaid dresses were red

• Love 2
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Classically trained singers have language coaches to teach them to sing without accent in the main classical music languages: Italian, German, French and English. Jessye Norman trained at Howard University, the Peabody Institute and the University of Michigan. If she wanted to lose her native accent, there were a bunch of trained professionals to help her.

But she didn't just "lose her native accent," she acquired a completely different one. That isn't something trained professionals in the music world have time to help someone do, and it isn't a typical development for classical singers from the South. Most of them (when talking in everyday life as "themselves") still sound as southern as they ever did.

Norman claimed she was just a good mimic, and it isn't a stretch to imagine this kid has a similar talent. I'm relieved the actor isn't still being asked to fake a Turkish accent, or play a long, slow, subtle process of losing one. That would be more distracting to me.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, blondiek237 said:

I don't mean the wedding/bridesmaids colors, I'm referring to the guests.  I think it's tacky to wear red to a wedding if you're a guest.  (But according to Wubs, Lulu was wearing hot pink?)  Still inappropriate.  It's the bride's day, not yours, take a step back.  But then people wear cut-offs to weddings, so old protocol is irrelevant. 

3 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Still inappropriate.  It's the bride's day, not yours, take a step back. 

Take a step back? I don't get it. She's not wearing white. Is there some rule you can't wear red, or pink, to a wedding? Is it just because you think it's too eye-catching? Because many colors are just as vivid as red or pink. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Is there some rule you can't wear red, or pink, to a wedding?

14 hours ago, ciarra said:

old protocol is irrelevant.  [like I said]

Edited by ciarra
On 10/4/2019 at 4:48 PM, Ladyrain said:

Oh man, I had the hugest crush on Coleman.

Same.  Loved Coleman. 

On 10/4/2019 at 8:22 PM, TeeVee329 said:

My girl Kathleen Gati can Get.  It.

Yes!  I like her flirtation with Jax and I would love for it to go somewhere, if not flirting is fine. I know, I know she’s evil but it’s a soap opera and I think she’s fabulous (criminalities not withstanding). 

• Love 7

This terrible Franco is Drew storyline is so offensive in so many ways.  Mostly for me because Roger is fine, but he's no Billy Miller.  Not even close. I don't dislike him the way I do SBU, but he's very meh for me.  Add on Liz smirking at him telling him as his wife she CAN force him to have a surgery that carries a 25 percent risk of leaving him in a vegetative state (which he calls a living hell), is so offensive.  What the hell?  So you've got crazy Kim on one side, and crazy Liz on the other, who am I supposed to be rooting for here again?

On 10/5/2019 at 1:37 PM, sunnyface said:

A true dingbat decision. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, katie9918 said:

As much as I dislike Liz due to her sheer hypocrisy (at least fifteen years running!), I think she clearly has Franco’s best interests in mind as opposed to Kim.

Oh, I agree. If anyone has Franco's interests at heart, it's Elizabeth. Kim couldn't care less about Franco. She doesn't care that he wouldn't want to be sleeping w/her or kissing her. She only cares about herself and her own selfish needs/desires. Kim is a truly pathetic individual. 

I'm definitely rooting for Liz. I also don't see her as crazy. The only crazy person in this scenario is Kim. Kim has no boundaries or morals AFAIC. Liz, on the other hand, knows her husband. She knows he would want to try to regain his memories. He would NOT want to be running around town, claiming he's Drew. It really doesn't matter what "Drew" wants b/c it's Franco's body and Franco's life. Only Franco's wants are important here. Yes, Liz could lose him entirely, and she's willing to take that risk. Franco would too. "Drew" doesn't but who cares what "he" wants??!?! IMO, he does not get a vote.  "Drew" does not have the right to Franco's body. He just doesn't. 

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Oh, I agree. If anyone has Franco's interests at heart, it's Elizabeth. Kim couldn't care less about Franco. She doesn't care that he wouldn't want to be sleeping w/her or kissing her. She only cares about herself and her own selfish needs/desires. Kim is a truly pathetic individual. 

I'm definitely rooting for Liz. I also don't see her as crazy. The only crazy person in this scenario is Kim. Kim has no boundaries or morals AFAIC. Liz, on the other hand, knows her husband. She knows he would want to try to regain his memories. He would NOT want to be running around town, claiming he's Drew. It really doesn't matter what "Drew" wants b/c it's Franco's body and Franco's life. Only Franco's wants are important here. Yes, Liz could lose him entirely, and she's willing to take that risk. Franco would too. "Drew" doesn't but who cares what "he" wants??!?! IMO, he does not get a vote.  "Drew" does not have the right to Franco's body. He just doesn't. 

It doesn't matter because at the end of the day, he is the same person. Sure Franco before the procedure would move forward to getting back his memories but things changed. Right now the person running around with Drew memories doesn't want to have this unproven/unreliable procedure done against his will. He has a right to say no now even if he would have said yes before.

If Franco got into an accident and lost his memory (ala Jason), he would still have the right to determine how he would live his life if he could prove himself to be competent to make those decisions. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Right now the person running around with Drew memories doesn't want to have this unproven/unreliable procedure done against his will. He has a right to say no now even if he would have said yes before.

If Franco got into an accident and lost his memory (ala Jason), he would still have the right to determine how he would live his life if he could prove himself to be competent to make those decisions. 

We will have to agree to disagree b/c I do not think the entity possessing Franco's body should have any say in what happens to Franco's body. If the procedure can be forced upon him, it should be. What happened to Franco is not right or natural. If there is a chance the procedure can be reversed, it should be attempted. If it wipes out "Drew," I am okay w/that b/c Franco is not Drew, and he will never be Drew. Franco had a life and was happy in that life. He has a right to his life. 

At the end of the day, couldn't Andre make a memory map of "Drew" and install "him" into someone else? I guess what I'm saying is 2012 Drew can potentially be saved and go on to "live," but Franco deserves that chance too. Franco only agreed to this insanity to protect Cameron. He would want to come back to himself, and that is what is most important. The real "Drew" actually decided to NOT accept his old memories. He made that choice. This "entity" doesn't have the right to make choices for Franco that disrupt and forever alter Franco's entire existence. 

I don't see this scenario the same as amnesia. To me, it's like a possession. LOL! A foreign entity has entered Franco's body, and I think it should be driven out by whatever means necessary. If Franco had amnesia, then Liz wouldn't have forced him into a psychiatric hospital. There would be no need b/c no procedure could "fix" him. Amnesia is what it is. Here, there is a chance Franco can be fixed, so Liz wants to try it. I'm perfectly fine w/that. I think she's making the right choice. At the end of the day, she can rest easy knowing she fought hard for her husband and did all she could possibly do to bring him back to her and their boys. 

• Love 6

Of course none of this is real science but it's not like a computer program is running Franco's body. He was uploaded with Drew's memories and now he is acting on those memories because those are the only ones available. Same as the real Drew did with Jason's memories.

At the end of the day, this procedure may leave him in a vegetative state and this version of Franco has a right to say no to that if he doesn't want it.. Granted I hate Franco and I would totally be fine with this procedure failing and him being a vegetable, but I still think Liz is wrong for pushing this against Franco's wishes no matter if she is right that he would have wanted it done before the memory swap happened.

• Love 2

Dawn o’ Courtney?  As if this baby weren’t already annoying enough, they’ve doubled down by appending the name of one of the show’s all-time greatest irritants. 

Of course Dev can speak with a perfect accent. Sonny asked him to. Done! 

• Love 3

I just wish someone would ask Kim, if Shiloh's original plan had worked, and Drew's memories had been implanted in Cameron, would she have slept with him?

That pretty much negates any argument she makes about "Drew" making his own decisions. 

• Love 14
9 hours ago, nilyank said:

Of course none of this is real science but it's not like a computer program is running Franco's body. He was uploaded with Drew's memories and now he is acting on those memories because those are the only ones available. Same as the real Drew did with Jason's memories.

At the end of the day, this procedure may leave him in a vegetative state and this version of Franco has a right to say no to that if he doesn't want it.. Granted I hate Franco and I would totally be fine with this procedure failing and him being a vegetable, but I still think Liz is wrong for pushing this against Franco's wishes no matter if she is right that he would have wanted it done before the memory swap happened.

Oh, I completely understand why Dranco is acting the way he is. He sees himself as Drew and wants to live Drew's life. I get that and don't fault him for it.

That said, he is not Drew. He is Franco. Him having Drew's memories doesn't make him Drew. It just makes him Franco with Drew's memories. That's all. And we know Franco would not want to be living Drew's life, and that, to me, is what's most important.

Kim wants Liz to ignore and forget about Franco simply because "Drew" is currently guiding Franco's body. How is that fair to Franco? If there is a chance Franco could return, how could Liz not take it?!? 

Given the quick pace of this story, I just don't think Dranco has earned the right to make decisions about Franco's body. If a year had passed, I might agree with you but it's been what a month in GH time or less?! "Drew" doesn't, and shouldn't have equal say in what happens to Franco. His wants shouldn't supersede Franco's. It's Franco's body and life. His dying wishes should be honored, and he made it clear he wanted to return to Liz and their family. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

I just wish someone would ask Kim, if Shiloh's original plan had worked, and Drew's memories had been implanted in Cameron, would she have slept with him?

Maybe not sleep with him, but she's messed up enough in the head to pursue him, I think. 

This only makes me think that Drew dodged a massive bullet by not remembering her. She's clearly off her rocker.

• Love 7

Liesl looked so fab in that emerald dress!  Hair and makeup on point.  She looked more youthful than other guests half her age.

I'm so sick of Lulu being in everyones business.  Plus she looked even frumpier than Maxie, if that's possible.  I forgot how short the actor who plays Dustin is.

Diane is so annoying but I liked her stopping mid sentence and complimenting Curtis' tux.  He did look great.  How sweet was he with Nina?!

God, between Jordan and Sam I don't know who is more low energy.  Snooze.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 4

Caught up on about 10 episodes this weekend, again was surprised how much time (measured by FF button) was devoted to Drew/Franco, Oscar, and Dev. I still keep hoping for Franco to somehow receive Jason’s memories so we get to see RoHo playing SBu playing Jason.

With the very frequent use of the overheard conversation trope, I had to laugh at Lulu’s high-volume discussions in the church courtyard re: the Sasha/Nina secret. 

After reading here, I thought I might be rolling my eyes at the baby-naming discussions but have to say it seemed really heartfelt and dare I say well-done by MB. 

What on earth was Joss wearing on Friday? I hope that came with a warning label to avoid paper shredders and open flames. 

If “gaffing stick” was a drinking game, I’d be hospitalized....

• Love 1

Today's GH that wasn't (but totally could've been):

Lulu: "I have something to say!"

Maxie's face: "Lulu, sit your ass down."

Liesl, internally: "What is this blonde gnat buzzing about now?"

Sasha, gulping: "Jeepers!"

Nina and Valentin: "You ruin this and we will GUT YOU like a fish, lady."

Lulu: "Donna Courtney Corinthos was born Monday, September 30th, 2019, at two in the afternoon...."

• LOL 3

Shut up, Lulu.

still can't believe this is luke and Laura's daughter.

Nina character too long in the tooth for all that bridal gown and veil. Not sophisticated at all. Looks like the clearance rack at David's Bridal.

It still squicks me out when Valentin talks that YouTube French.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Oh that stupid face JPS makes whenever he is trying to look angry or menacing 😆. Every time he makes it I crack up. He made it today when Lulu stood up during the wedding. I've seen high school drama students pull off a more terrifying look. Helena feared him my aunt fanny. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, seasons said:

Nina character too long in the tooth for all that bridal gown and veil. 

It still squicks me out when Valentin talks that YouTube French.

A)The whole bridal gown and veil is not uncommon for women who feel like they didn't get to have their grand wedding in their youth. Nina missed most/all of her youth due to being in a coma. My aunt got involved with her first husband when she was a teenager and he was married. Fast forward to her 50s (now with adult children and grandkids), she got re-married  wearing a beautiful white bridal gown and white veil to go with it.

B) Best snark I've read in a while! LMAO

FYI to anyone who loves to see Sonny get called out - Jax was awesome today! Loved the mentions of Robin and Brenda. Sonny couldn't say very much in response, because he knew every single thing Jax said was accurate. I liked that he is clearly nervous about what Jax intends to do now that he knows the truth about Dev.  I almost laughed at Jax asking him, "do you hear yourself?" when Sonny said "bounty." Jax dear, Sonny has been a selfish thug for so long and has relied on Jason so long, plus he has such a selective memory, that he genuinely believes dangerous situations he created won't *actually* kill anyone he loves. After all, Michael survived the bullet to the brain not to mention prison and Morgan's death was really *the Jeromes* fault. (Gag.)

So, "BJ would want her niece to have it"?! Someone should ask Bobbie why Carly's FIRST-BORN DAUGHTER Josslyn with Jax wasn't good enough to be gifted with BJ's ballerina music box? And how did Carly recognize it? She came to down during the aftermath of BJ's death. The more sentimental thing would be for Josslyn to have had it and want to give it to her baby sister because she and Grandma Bobbie agreed that Aunt BJ in Heaven would like that idea.

Some of you all should FF the Jason/Sam/Spinelli scenes because they're just blah blah-ing about Peter being deceitful, smarmy, etc.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Oh that stupid face JPS makes whenever he is trying to look angry or menacing 😆. Every time he makes it I crack up. He made it today when Lulu stood up during the wedding. I've seen high school drama students pull off a more terrifying look. Helena feared him my aunt fanny. 

It was bad acting central in those scenes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, seasons said:

I love you, Jax.

I'm sure nothing will come of it or it will just end in Jax turning in Dev and Sonny getting the best of him, but if the show somehow had Jax responsible for Sonny exiting my screen either by arrest or death, I will pledge my undying devotion to this show.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
On 10/5/2019 at 7:57 PM, blondiek237 said:

I got married low key by the Mayor, I wore red and my husband wore white. 

I also mentioned to people afterwards that Lucy Coe wore red when she married Alan Quartermain. 

• Love 1

Unintentionally funny line of the day was when Jason said, "Let's get to work" when the 'work' most consists of Spinelli hammering away at that space bar while Jason looks constipated.

Odd how a guy who has worked in organized crime for over two decades finds someone carrying cash so suspicious.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I know Burton and Andersen think they are this profound comedic duo on and off screen but they're not funny even in the slightest way.  Whether it's themselves on tour or on their podcast, or playing Jason and Spinelli.

Spinelli is a 40 year old man who acts like a 13 year old child over a man who wears black t-shirts every day.  His other favorite person is a woman who looks like she's in a coma most of the time.  Just stop, show.

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2