Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Critique of the female wedding guests (Including the bride)...

I thought Lulu’s dress was hideous whether it was red or hot pink and it wasn’t so much the color but short sleeve three-quarter hem and all lace...sHe had that giant clip in her hair and she looked awful...

Maxi looked as frumpy as I have ever seen her starting with her hair and working downward and those horrible booties she was wearing...ugh...

Sasha looked pretty but she was inappropriate for the wedding since she was sort of part of the bridal party and should have been wearing the same color as Liesel and Charlotte who I thought looked  cute...

I didn’t mind Nina in the dress and veil because I am in my 50s and have never been married and if I’m ever lucky enough to get married I will probably want the same kind of veil but that’s neither here nor there..😂...also, her necklace was too big and out of place

Liesel looked as beautiful as I have ever seen her and that dress was stunning and her hair and make up looked divine and I would give her best dressed for the day...👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

• Love 10

I liked Nina's dress, but it would have looked better if it had been slightly less fitted. I did not like the veil, at all.

The incidental music playing in the church was terrible, as was the music for Charlotte walking down the aisle.

"I was broken before." Because Valentin broke you! Nina's vows were ridiculous.

Jax "taking Joss away" means moving to another house in Port Charles. She can see everyone every day.

3 minutes ago, SiouxB said:

Liesel looked as beautiful as I have ever seen her and that dress was stunning and her hair and make up looked divine and I would give her best dressed for the day...👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

She was definitely the fashion MVP.

That was a pretty soapy ending for a change.

• Love 7

I'm voting nay on the veil, don't like it.  Not just the satorial fact of it, but it also kinda epitimizes that the show thinks Nina is, like, a noble heroine or something which....what?

Also...what?  Sonny's defense to Jax that the illigial immigrant he has in the same house as Jax's daughter also has a bounty on his head.  "See, all better!".

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
38 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm voting nay on the veil, don't like it.  Not just the satorial fact of it, but it also kinda epitimizes that the show thinks Nina is, like, a noble heroine or something which....what?

I'm looking forward to seeing the face of the noble heroine cracked. Nina needs to eat a whole pie of humble pie.

I didn't care for her dress or her lipstick that seemed to be running or her love for Valentine who is one of the worst characters to ever walk the halls of General Hospital. 

I am personally offended every time he speaks French to Charlotte. What a special bumbling fool he is. Go away, Valentine and take your dumb wife, your kewpie daughter, and your stupid BFF with you.

Someone should remind Charlotte that she isn't allowed to speak to her mother like that, but it was probably the best bit of acting the girl has done since she's been on canvas.

• Love 9
(edited)

So I skipped (meaning I haven’t watched the last 10 episodes) the last two weeks so I could watch Jax make Mooby look the fool and this time Jax got the last word!! 🤣😂😂😂

And Joss is CLEARLY her mother’s daughter. And so incredibly stupid. I was 🙄🙄🙄🙄 listening to her tell Jax what an innocent and “good guy” Dev was. Joss is NO ROBIN, and that pipsqueak is DEFINITELY NO STONE, as much as Frank’nHacks try to sell it.

And that lip gloss Joss had smeared over her top lip looked like she had a milk moustache!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Joss is NO ROBIN, and that pipsqueak is DEFINITELY NO STONE, as much as Frank’nHacks try to sell it.

Oh, Oscar was for sure Joss' Stone.  Years from now, Joss will fall in a well and Oscar will come to her. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Liesl looked gorgeous.

Sonny is an asshole.

Sam is now in charge of who gets to see Carly?  Shut up, Mumbles.  Go home and shower and see your own damn kids.

I guess BJ wouldn't have wanted Joss to have her music box. 

Spinelli clasping his hands to his chest upon hearing of DawnofDay's birth was as over-the-top as ever.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I guess BJ wouldn't have wanted Joss to have her music box. 

That's what I thought when I saw it.  Carly will probably forget to take it home from the hospital, anyway.

Is Sasha actually going to come clean, or use the Cassandra excuse to keep lying? 

Too bad Valentine and Nina only have a handful of people willing to come to their wedding.  Fill the pews with extras.  Too bad they couldn't have a flashback to their original wedding, due to the recast.

Was Sam nods knowingly as Dev speaks in the script?  Is she ever going to go home, shower and change clothes?

$550 Who wore it better, ER or this model?  And apparently it is pink.ml-monique-lhuillier-Short-Sleeve-Tiered

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

DawnofDay's birth 

I really thought I heard "Dawn" when Joss was in the kitchen and mentioned her baby sister. Anyone else?

Yet Carly, Sam, Spinelli  etc. all clearly enunciated "Donna."  The audience is going to get alcohol poisoning if people take shots every time someone says her name. Ugh. Also, I'm just annoyed that Carly gets a daughter and soon a grandson/Michael will get his kid whereas her brother Lucas will lose his kid and Carly will glaze over that loss.  Lucas deserves a daughter too (regardless of what happens with Wiley) and for his sister's music box to be gifted to his daughter. BJ meant nothing to Carly, so that Bobbie-Carly scene today really annoyed me. Sure Bobbie, your late daughter would totally want you to hand over her music box to the woman who played a vital role in the destruction of her beloved father and her brother's family life after her tragic death. 

Seriously, BJ's ballerina music box should be intended as a gift Lucas for his future girl child or to Maxie for Georgie at this age. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

That's what I thought when I saw it.  Carly will probably forget to take it home from the hospital, anyway.

Is Sasha actually going to come clean, or use the Cassandra excuse to keep lying? 

Too bad Valentine and Nina only have a handful of people willing to come to their wedding.  Fill the pews with extras.  Too bad they couldn't have a flashback to their original wedding, due to the recast.

Was Sam nods knowingly as Dev speaks in the script?  Is she ever going to go home, shower and change clothes?

$550 Who wore it better, ER or this model?  And apparently it is pink.ml-monique-lhuillier-Short-Sleeve-Tiered

Oof. But that model is probably a foot taller (literally) than ER. You can tell it's way too big for her.

Maxie's dress was not the worst exactly but showed that wardobe are assholes. "Everyone else gets colorful or short sleeved dresses. Here, you have a black winter dress."

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ulkis said:

Oof. But that model is probably a foot taller (literally) than ER. You can tell it's way too big for her.

She also looks like she's slouching and that it has bunched up around her breasts.  She would probably look better if she stood up straight and pulled the dress down and maybe smiled.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ciarra said:

$550 Who wore it better, ER or this model?  And apparently it is pink.

I didn't mind the color even if it was red, but I think it even looks frumpy on the model!  On little ER it’s huge, ill fitting and in that particular picture she looks heavy when we all know she’s tinker bell size. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh, Oscar was for sure Joss' Stone.  Years from now, Joss will fall in a well and Oscar will come to her. 

When he does, I really hope they use that weird close-up of his face from Kim's baby dream. 

11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yes, I remember how noble and heroic she was as she drugged Ava and ripped a fetus from her womb. 

And speaking of Ava, I'm getting tired of watching the show dump all over this character. Can't something good happen to her once in a while? MW is too good for this. How long can she stand to be the town punching bag? Michael looks like a complete ass when he condescends to her. Talk about kicking someone when they're down. 

Last of all, how did Carly get so orange? I'd love to have seen her dragging herself into the tanning booth with her pregnant belly, broken foot, and crutches. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

If ER were standing up straight, she's look a lot better.

1 hour ago, BlueberryJane23 said:

Michael looks like a complete ass when he condescends to her. Talk about kicking someone when they're down.

That's the Corinthii for you. Petty, vindictive, and stupid.

Sasha's been wanting to tell Nina she's not her daughter, but in front of everyone at the wedding probably isn't the best place to confess. Too bad.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, BlueberryJane23 said:

Michael looks like a complete ass when he condescends to her. Talk about kicking someone when they're down. 

Last of all, how did Carly get so orange? I'd love to have seen her dragging herself into the tanning booth with her pregnant belly, broken foot, and crutches. 

The whole Corinthos superiority and threatening things are so over-worn in the first place, but the actor does it no favors. CD just doesn’t play either of those well or believably. 

I though Carly appeared less orange in the hospital room post-Donna (drink!) delivery than in the OR. Maybe these were shot out of sequence - regardless that’s a LOT of spray tan. 

• Love 4
(edited)
11 minutes ago, mbluecpa said:

The whole Corinthos superiority and threatening things are so over-worn in the first place, but the actor does it no favors. CD just doesn’t play either of those well or believably. 

That's because his face is like EEYORE'S!

Exhibit A: 

Eeyore.jpg

How can ANYONE be threatened by THAT?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

If ER were standing up straight, she's look a lot better.

In multiple scenes, she had that unfortunate "boob shelf" look.  The dress just didn't fit her.

The church was so dark and depressing, I kept looking for the casket at the front.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Katy M said:

She also looks like she's slouching and that it has bunched up around her breasts.  She would probably look better if she stood up straight and pulled the dress down and maybe smiled.

I doubt it. It's too big.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, ciarra said:

The church was so dark and depressing, I kept looking for the casket at the front.

That wedding was dark an depressing. An idiot marrying a manipulative sap. I never wanted to see a couple burst in flames more than I want to see Valentine and Nina do. I really hate Valentine and everything that he isn't. I'm still puzzle as to why Helena was scared of him or why Mikkos would ever want to make him his heir, except to spite Helena. 

Lulu's dress just didn't look good on her. They could have done better with a lot less money than that. And if you have $550 to spend on a dress, please, find something that's flattering. The hair/makeup, wardrobe departments are as abysmal as the writing department is. 

And Lulu never struck me as a lace sort of person. 

• Love 11

I love Jax. I absolutely love him. And an episode with all kinds of soapiness regarding Sasha, Willow being mature regarding Wiley and the adoption, and scenes with the hotties that are Curtis, Jax, and Chase combined with no Sonny, Jason, Carly, or Sam is one episode I can get behind.

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I love Jax. I absolutely love him. And an episode with all kinds of soapiness regarding Sasha, Willow being mature regarding Wiley and the adoption, and scenes with the hotties that are Curtis, Jax, and Chase combined with no Sonny, Jason, Carly, or Sam is one episode I can get behind.

THIS, although I would edit the end to include "or Franco." I will give the Show points because I was not expecting nuNina to literally run into Jax's arms. I figured he would come in and catch the end of the drama, or her vehicle would not start as she was leaving the church and he would have her hop in his and they would take off.  Hey, does anyone know what set Jax's new house used to be? I felt like I should immediately recognize it from the past but I don't. 

I will not feel sorry for Maxie when Jason/Sam/Spinelli burst her bubble about her relationship because she's deliberately shoving her head up her ass regarding both Dr. O and Peter.  I will also not feel sorry for Ava in the next steps of her storyline since she gave Ryan exactly the attention he wanted. Credit goes to JL for being so awesome at playing both Kevin and creepy Ryan.

Aside from Maxie, my one eye-roll moment of today was the two Pentonville guards just standing there silently letting Ryan and Nelle have an entire conversation rather than forcing the prisoners for whom they're responsible to quickly walk down the hall past each other. 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, seasons said:

Oh my gosh.

that was THE WORST OVERACTING I have ever seen. Ever.

words alone aren't enough.

Those grunting noises...?!?

I've never been a big Nina fan, but I really wanted to feel something for her when she found out that Sasha wasn't her daughter, but I didn't feel anything. Cynthia Watros made some very strange acting choices in her scenes today.

I loved how Wiley started smiling when Willow said she wanted to be his mom. He is just soooo cute. I loved how preoccupied he was with his crayons.

23 minutes ago, seasons said:

I wish "Talk Soup" were still around. They mocked soaps too, right?

Gosh, it's been so long since I've seen that show that I don't even remember. But I didn't watch that much after Greg Kinnear left. He was the best host IMO. I do remember the E! network had a short lived show in the early '90s called "Soap Talk."

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I've never been a big Nina fan, but I really wanted to feel something for her when she found out that Sasha wasn't her daughter, but I didn't feel anything. Cynthia Watros made some very strange acting choices in her scenes today.

Her voice was weird. I wish the story would have culminated months ago when MS was still there. She would have flailed all over the place to be sure, but I think her scenery chewing would have been hella better.

Next couple on the docket! Looking forward to Maxie finding out how much of a scumbag Peter is. I get the crawlies whenever I think of him going anywhere near James, who is LONG overdue for an onscreen presence.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, ciarra said:

The dress looks much better on the model. ER has a wide torso and broad shoulders, so the dress isn't flattering on her IMO.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, BlueberryJane23 said:

When he does, I really hope they use that weird close-up of his face from Kim's baby dream. 

Yes, I remember how noble and heroic she was as she drugged Ava and ripped a fetus from her womb. 

And speaking of Ava, I'm getting tired of watching the show dump all over this character. Can't something good happen to her once in a while? MW is too good for this. How long can she stand to be the town punching bag? Michael looks like a complete ass when he condescends to her. Talk about kicking someone when they're down. 

The Ava character has been in purgatory for months. I know Kiki was her daughter, but I honestly don't care about Kiki. I never did. She was a useless character. I wish the writers would move Ava on to something else.

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Her voice was weird. I wish the story would have culminated months ago when MS was still there. She would have flailed all over the place to be sure, but I think her scenery chewing would have been hella better.

ITA.  I have been underwhelmed by CW since she started, but this... was just really, really bad.

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

The dress looks much better on the model. ER has a wide torso and broad shoulders, so the dress isn't flattering on her IMO.

And she's too damn short for that dress.   It's so ill-fitting and unflattering; I can't believe someone didn't notice it beforehand.   Does wardrobe hate ER?   I thought they only hated KS.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

And she's too damn short for that dress.   It's so ill-fitting and unflattering; I can't believe someone didn't notice it beforehand.   Does wardrobe hate ER?   I thought they only hated KS.

Wardrobe hates everyone. That dress on Nina was terrible and she should have worn her hair up. That said I do sympathize with them a little trying to find non child clothing for ER, who must be incredibly tiny. But then how about get a much cheaper dress and get it tailored. Or recast Lulu coughcough. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, seasons said:

I wish "Talk Soup" were still around. They mocked soaps too, right?

Oh yes. And, I might be remembering it this way because GH is the only soap I watch, but I feel like Joel McHale made fun of it more than any other soap. I'm certain he would have a field day between JPS yesterday and CW today.

53 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

The Ava character has been in purgatory for months. I know Kiki was her daughter, but I honestly don't care about Kiki. I never did. She was a useless character. I wish the writers would move Ava on to something else.

I'm hoping it's something evil with Ryan.

• Love 2

Willow's hair is amazing, and I'm fine with her, but that was a long monologue.

Please give Chase something to do, show.

"How hard is it to just tell the truth?" Seriously, Maxie? Also, why is it so terrible to her that Obrecht would be in on it? That's her breaking point? She held her boyfriend hostage for a month!

Valentin is a joke.

Enough with these filler scenes from Ava. Just have her lurk at the metro court to fulfill Maura West's minimums until they're ready to give her a story.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

r recast Lulu coughcough. 

I've been wishing for that since her first day.   I don't care how much money Julie Marie Berman would ask for - pay it and get Luke and Laura's daughter back on this damn show already.    ER's little gnat has never been LuLu to me.  

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I've been wishing for that since her first day.   I don't care how much money Julie Marie Berman would ask for - pay it and get Luke and Laura's daughter back on this damn show already.    ER's little gnat has never been LuLu to me.  

I wasn't talking about JMB. Just a recast in general. I doubt they could get JMB back for any amount.

I do think she would be willing to reprise the role if the show was cancelled but unfortunately I have my doubts that the show would ask at this point. I hope they would, but ER is well liked backstage so who knows.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

I know :) - that was just my wishful thinking.   ER is soooo not the spunky LuLu Spencer that I miss so much.   She's too much of a waif, not that good of an actress, and the ugliest, fakest cryer I've ever seen.   I can't believe she's lasted this long in the role.   JMO

• Love 5

Well, the drama of Nina rushing out was lessened somewhat by the teeeeny tiiiiny steps she had to take in that too tight dress. 

And the actress playing Sasha can not cry. The croaky voice thing she does "as if choking back tears" is not fooling anyone.

• Love 1

I was so annoyed with the writers drawing everything out so badly in the church scenes. No one answered questions, no one waited for answers. It was so, so repetitive and boring. Just tell them exactly what you overheard, Lulu. Just ask Valentin outright if he paid Sasha to pretend to be your daughter, Nina. Just say Valentin hired you, Sasha. I mean come ON. Ugh.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Interesting. CW Nina's reaction today was the first time I thought, wow she's really trying to channel Stafford while performing.  That acting really made me think of how MS's Nina behaved with several characters.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, threebluestars said:

Just tell them exactly what you overheard, Lulu.

This made no sense.  Maxie accuses Lulu of eavesdropping, Lulu says she heard  Liesl and Sasha saying she wasn't Nina' s daughter but doesn't say anything more than that.   Yet Maxie beleives Liesl when she denies any knowledge.  Maxie was never the sharpest knife in the drawer but they've dumbded her down too much to allow her not to see the truth about Peter and now about Liesl.  

Maxie, if LIesl and Sasha were talking about it enough for lulu to understand and spill the beans, it means Liesl knew the truth.  

I adore Chloe Lanier and Jon Lindstrom.  Everything out of Nelle's mouth was pure crazy pants and I laughed at every word out of sheer joy.  The whole blackmailing Brad, "you don't want me to explain to people how I found you on the side of the road with a dead baby and gave you mine" (I'm paraphrasing but I loved that) 

Also Ava was denying what Ryan was selling, but he was selling hard and I could see her falling for it even if she didn't want to.  

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I know 🙂 - that was just my wishful thinking.   ER is soooo not the spunky LuLu Spencer that I miss so much.   She's too much of a waif, not that good of an actress, and the ugliest, fakest cryer I've ever seen.   I can't believe she's lasted this long in the role.   JMO

I think because of two things - she's well liked backstage like I said and because they write her as a supporting character. A lot of fans online like her because the actress and character isn't appreciated much by FV, but I think if she got Nina levels of story and material I think she would lose a lot of support.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, threebluestars said:

I was so annoyed with the writers drawing everything out so badly in the church scenes.

Typical soap trope that needs to die, IMO. At least Sasha finally copped to the truth and this dumb lie is out there. I wish she'd sold out Valentin, but I suppose that was more about self-preservation than anything else.

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Enough with these filler scenes from Ava. Just have her lurk at the metro court to fulfill Maura West's minimums until they're ready to give her a story.

I agree. MW and JL work really well together, but their scenes were pointless.

1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

Well, the drama of Nina rushing out was lessened somewhat by the teeeeny tiiiiny steps she had to take in that too tight dress. 

That totally cracked me up. It's hard to storm out when you have to tiptoe.

Here's an idea, Ava: The next letter you get from Ryan, chuck it in the trash. Take it someplace you can burn it. DON'T OPEN IT. Good lord. Also, stop reading social media!

I wish they'd had Lulu talk back to Valentin. Instead she acts like she's just now seeing how evul he really is, which is ridiculous.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I agree. MW and JL work really well together, but their scenes were pointless.

Motivation for Ryan to conspire with Nelle about breaking out of prison now that he sees Ava is a total mess who "needs" him (in addition to his revenge motivation re: Kevin, Curtis, Finn etc. for the stolen kidney).  I say sure go for it, because Laura and Kevin should have storyline that doesn't involve stupid Valentin.

• Love 3

I have lots of thoughts about the Sasha reveal. 

I may be in the minority but I like ER's Lulu, and frankly, I'm sick of characters dumping on her all the time. It happened during that nonsense w/Valerie screwing her husband, and it happened again yesterday and today. Lulu is not to blame for this mess. Unlike Liesel or Sasha, Lulu cared enough about Nina to not let her marry Valentin knowing he was lying to her again, and what does she get for her trouble? Cutting remarks about her ex-husband and how her daughter doesn't love her as much as Nina?! Ugh . . . I was just disgusted w/it all, but I was more disgusted w/the writers having Lulu just stand there and take Maxie's and Valentin's crap!! Why will they never write this Lulu as taking up for herself and not letting ppl just say any old thing to her?! It's annoying.

Michael can just shut up blaming Lulu for Nina being hurt. Nina is hurt b/c his girlfriend lied to her. That's the reality, Michael. It has nothing to do w/Lulu telling her at the wedding. He's acting like Nina wouldn't have been hurt whenever she was told. Shut up, Michael. 

Valentin - I cannot stand Valentin. He is an incredibly weak, pathetic, waste of a character. Valentin is a complete and utter joke. That's why I wanted Lulu to laugh in his face - not look scared - when he threatened her. I will never buy that Valentin had Helena quaking in her boots! How? Why? Valentin is a joke. I would celebrate his eventual downfall, but seeing as how he got away with murdering Nikolas, stealing Nikolas's fortune, shooting Kevin, holding several ppl hostage, sending Lulu off w/goons to be murdered, trying to abduct Spencer, stealing Lulu's last remaining egg - I'm not holding my breath. I don't understand the writers' fascination w/him, but I wish he would die or just go away. I also hope he loses custody of his precious Charlotte! 

Maxie is an idiot. It took me a minute to figure out why she was so upset by Liesel's part in this - I completely forgot about James - but why would Lulu be wrong about the Liesel part!?!? Was Sasha having a conversation w/herself in the bathroom?! Why even question it? Liesel held her boyfriend hostage for weeks and has been known to lie and keep secrets. Can't anyone have a normal reaction on a soap? Can't wait until Spinelli busts her bubble when it comes to Peter! LOL! 

Oh, and I must say I also hated how long it took for Lulu to tell the secret. I know it's a staple on a soap, but it would be nice to see something different once in a while. Instead of Lulu saying, "I have something important to say," why not have her just say it?!?! Just blurt out the secret in front of everyone and let the chips fall. Also, who stands around and lets ppl berate and threaten them?! Once, Lulu said her peace, she should have gathered Dustin and left. 

• Love 11