Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Liz was annoying, but I actually thought it was in character. Now, I don't know if Altman and Van Etten and their staff were thinking of it this way, but Liz has been through this before. She's had the guy she was in love with, who was in love with her, and a villainous character screwed with his mind, and she pleaded with him to remember their vows. That scene in the hospital room had to be just like getting back on a bike for her. Even though she knew about the flash drive and the memory transfer, she defaulted to what...well, I don't know if "worked" would be the right word. I think Lucky pretended it had worked, in order to spare her feelings, and then hopped on her sister the first chance he got. It's what she tried last time, at any rate. 

She has been through something similar before, yes, but in this case she actually saw Franco when he was unconscious and had the probe thingies still attached to his head. Cabot was right there, telling her he had to handle things properly.

So for Elizabeth to go from that scene to behaving like the memory transfer cannot be real and insisting to a man who has just woken up approx. an hour ago that he is her husband strikes me as poor writing - esp. because she is a nurse. Trying to force something with a patient who has just been through a highly questionable neurological event is not a good idea. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

The sight of Kim 16 years older might not be as much of a jolt as people are expecting, considering that Tamara Braun actually looks more like five years older. I'm all about the compliments today. 

Plus, wouldn't it only be 7 yrs older?  Franco thinks it's 2012.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Plus, wouldn't it only be 7 yrs older?  Franco thinks it's 2012.

I didn't get a chance to watch yesterday, but did anyone show him a mirror? Or does he think he still has Burton's face? And if they did, what does he think happened to his "old" face. Not that I care. Just wondering, since no one has mentioned that aspect yet.

5 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I have to give it up for RoHo. I thought he was doing a pretty good Billy Miller without being "parody of Billy Miller." Different speaking style and body language from his usual. So he impressed me in his performance as Dranco. (Yeah, I'm coining it.) 

I thought he was channeling Jason more, actually. Heh.

12 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I didn't get a chance to watch yesterday, but did anyone show him a mirror? 

Yes, that was his last scene, IIRC. We saw him look a bit puzzled but that's it. Cliffhanger!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:00 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

@ciarra-the answer to your question about that medal that Drew was given? Is yes. It was given to him for valor--or whatever it was that Drew said to Franco--except Franco is NOT deserving of it. Such utter bullshit. But that's par for the course for this show because Roger Howarth can do NO wrong. Gee, why does that sound so familiar?

And when Drew first came into his room, I saw Roger take a deep breath and move his chin up, as if trying to get comfortable!

And as much as I love Becky, and Liz, I'm rolling my eyes and seeing rage blackout at everything coming out of her mouth. That the world would be a less better place if Franco were to die, that he was "always" a hero, blah, blah, fishcakes. Because NO! NO! NO! Even if Howarth's Franco isn't even the real Franco. Frank and Ron should have just made him into yet a different character like they did with Michael Easton.

All that tongue bathing was nauseating.

I could have sworn I saw him shut his eyes. 

3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

She has been through something similar before, yes, but in this case she actually saw Franco when he was unconscious and had the probe thingies still attached to his head. Cabot was right there, telling her he had to handle things properly.

So for Elizabeth to go from that scene to behaving like the memory transfer cannot be real and insisting to a man who has just woken up approx. an hour ago that he is her husband strikes me as poor writing - esp. because she is a nurse. Trying to force something with a patient who has just been through a highly questionable neurological event is not a good idea. 

I thought it was weird too. Like, if her first reaction had been to be like that until he announced he was Drew, I would understand, but once she knew he thought he was Drew, she should have changed up her approach. It was if she hadn't heard anything about the memory transfer and was coming in confused. It's also not like she doesn't know this is possible in their reality given the whole Drew-has-Jason's-memories thing... she shouldn't be shocked in that moment that it could have actually worked.

• Love 4

The second Kim said she was going to GH, I knew the show would end with Franco kissing her and Elizabeth and Drew witnessing it.  The Drew and Elizabeth scenes made me want them to get back together (which I'm sure was not the writers' intention!!), esp. when he was saying Franco is some version of him and the love in Elizabeth's voice would get him to stay in Port Charles.  

Jason and Sam being kissy face just looks awkward.  It's so strange to see Jason in a sports jersey that I just stared. Bless you, Robert, for interrupting the forced-looking yuckfest.

Poor Jax re: Dr. O's crush. I liked that he laughed at Peter telling him flat out. I knew someone would catch Hayden in the creepy room at Wyndemere, but I thought it might be a re-cast Nikolas because seriously, Dr. O went all the way back there to freshen up so she could knock Jax's socks off? They all could have left the bar by the time she got back. 

• Love 6

re: Elizabeth. If someone told me that my husband was injected with someone else's memories and his memories were erased so that he thinks he's the other dude, I would be all ike "yeah, OK, whatever.  That's not a real thing. Snap out of it."

Someone should remind her that it's OK because she was in love with Drew when he first came to town so they can make it work either way.

• Love 2

Again, why did no one think to call Kim and tell her about Franco and ask her to talk to him?

And why is Franco not on a 72 hour hold since he thinks he's someone else. It was fun watching RoHo trying to be military and Drew-flirtacious.

Why are they blowing the budget on softball uniforms?   And of course Jason hit the game-winning run.

Liesl turning into a  teen to flirt with Jax was pretty funny till it got too much. Gati is 14 years older than IR. That's an age difference that if the sexes were reversed, many would say is too small (ask Maggie Gyllenhaal).

Jason, you didn't help Elizabeth save Cameron. You blew it off so stop taking credit for helping.

"A day without Sonny is a good day." Preach, Julian.

4 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

As someone whose default response to bad news is denial, I understood completely.

• Love 5

So years of yelling at the writers about Franco the rapist, Franco the sexual assaulter essentially fell on deaf ear. 

They seem to be wanting to give the character some kind of a new slate, so forgive me if I'm wrong, because the show was mostly on mute and I looked up and read lips every now and again because I just can't be bothered anymore. But Franco has been told that he's not Drew and the first thing he does when out of his room is zero in on Kim because she is who he recognizes (which normal), so of course, the next step is to kiss Kim who seems confused by what's going on. 

Why even bother at all? Also, whatever RH was doing seems so far removed from who Drew is. Did anyone ever picture Drew doing something like that? 

This version of Drew looked like those creeps in the bars, that when you look up, you go "ugh, look elsewhere" or some variant of that.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

But Franco has been told that he's not Drew and the first thing he does when out of his room is zero in on Kim because she is who he recognizes (which normal), then kiss Kim who seems confused by what's going on. 

This.  Franco thinks it's 2012 and he hasn't seen Kim since 2003 but he's going to go up to her and plant a kiss on her.  She could be married with 8 kids by now.  Keep your hands and lips to yourself.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Loved the hug between Lucas and Julian and when they pulled back, they both were teary eyed and Julian/WdV said something like "someone must be cutting onions in the kitchen" and Lucas/Ryan went along with it.  

Is it wrong that when Liz and Drew were hugging I was wondering why those two crazy kids can't be together.  

Robert, I love you to death and have since I was a teenager but could you spill it out way faster than that.  That whole conversation with JaSam took forever.  

So Liesl went all. the. way. back. to. Windemere to change for Jax?  Everyone had time to leave the bar 78 times before she'd get back.  

Also, what's with all the boring, stupid softball stuff.  Someone got a discount on the uniforms. And had them all with their names on the back.   Though I did appreciate that the name on the back of Dustin's top was "Barnes", since he was replacing Hayden.  

• Love 3

Well I know one person who is loving this Franco as Drew and it's Frank Valentini.

I found some of the scenes to be hilarious, the Top Gun stuff especially.

Drew is basically a Friz babysitter until he exits.  What does he have 2 more weeks tops?

JaSam continue to be horrible.  It's never ending, is it?

Edit: None of what Drew said to Liz made any sense since when he was told he was Jason and Sam said she felt something for him, he left.  Even though Drew was in him lol.  So yea...

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Gati is 14 years older than IR.

Is that an issue? I'm 15 years older than my boyfriend. I haven't watched today's episode, but I'm missing it. Wasn't Liesl flirty with Jax at the Friz wedding reception too?

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Wasn't Liesl flirty with Jax at the Friz wedding reception too?

Yes. She was making Googly Eyes at him. Just as Stafford's Nina and that other woman from Gray's Anatomy were falling all over themselves over Jax on the "red carpet" at the Nurses Ball.

Stella's 3rd cousin one removed is flying her to London to visit? None of the relatives I've encountered through my genealogical research have ever offered to buy me coffee, let alone fly me to another city. And how did the super-close relative morph into a 3rd cousin once removed? How much notice do actors need to give about a departure?

Liz's reaction to Franco/Drew was ridiculous. She knew he might have Drew's memories - showing him photos and IDs and insisting that he was Franco was ridiculous.

And the memory transfer...I'm still confused as how twins were needed, as the transfer seemed to involve drugging the person to make them unconscious, and then putting a funky set of head phones on them. How was DNA relevant? And if Drew needed to have his memories erased in order to receive Jason's memories, how is it that Franco didn't need to have his erased in order to receive Drew's?  And if Drew's memories were taken from his brain and put on a flash drive, how is that Jason's got to stay in his brain and also be copied and given to Drew? I dunno...this whole brain transfer thing doesn't compute. I'm all for making up goofy stupid stuff for a soap - it is a soap, after all - but there should at least be some consistency to the whole thing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Pingaponga said:

And the memory transfer...I'm still confused as how twins were needed, as the transfer seemed to involve drugging the person to make them unconscious, and then putting a funky set of head phones on them. How was DNA relevant? And if Drew needed to have his memories erased in order to receive Jason's memories, how is it that Franco didn't need to have his erased in order to receive Drew's?  And if Drew's memories were taken from his brain and put on a flash drive, how is that Jason's got to stay in his brain and also be copied and given to Drew? I dunno...this whole brain transfer thing doesn't compute. I'm all for making up goofy stupid stuff for a soap - it is a soap, after all - but there should at least be some consistency to the whole thing.

You ask too many relevant questions. 

Short answer: The writers give a total of zero fucks about the stuff they write.

The whole thing is beyond stupid.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

How much notice do actors need to give about a departure?

None. I still loved Ric Hearst's departure from years ago. He got off the phone, walked into an elevator at GH, and that was the last we saw of him until he returned a few years later.

5 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Because like I posted up thread pages back, this FAKAKTA shitastic crapfucktacular of a show constantly retcons plots on a weekly, monthly, even daily basis. There is no such thing as history or canon anymore.

Or what @YaddaYadda said.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

The only thing I remember is the transfer couldn't work on Jason because he was brain damaged, which begs the question why would it be so easy to transfer memories to a man who had a brain tumor?

None of it makes sense, instead of just letting Real Drew get the procedure done and go into a coma or die for Billy's exit,  Frank has chosen this and in a way it makes sense so the show can get things like Kim/Franco to kiss and make out & Friz to have "angst", but the story from the start was dumb as hell and it keeps getting worse as they are making up things as they go along so Roger can be the star of it.

Edit: Agree with you on Liz, it's a bit much for me at times.

Edited by Hater
  • Useful 1

I don't care even the slightest bit about baseball/softball so I didn't pay much attention to those scenes until we got into Liesl's crush on Jax. Jax is pretty much PC's most desirable bachelor, so why wouldn't Liesl want to vie for his rose? A girl has needs beyond everyday scheming, blackmailing, and secret keeping, after all. Also, nice touch that Liesl was player number 13.

I was so happy for Julian that Lucas told him he didn't want to be the type of kid who pushed his parent away. Julian's tried really hard to be there for Lucas while still respecting his boundaries, and that hug felt like a reward he never expected but definitely deserved. Now if only Sam could stop acting so frosty to Julian (she won't, though, because she's firmly Team Corinthos, sigh).

Franco putting on the Rico Suave act with Kim is hysterical when you remember that from his perspective, he looks like Steve Burton. What I wouldn't give for the show to provide flashbacks of Kim and Drew's romance so we could see Burton forced to play the type of fool who uses Top Gun as a seduction technique.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Linny said:

I was so happy for Julian that Lucas told him he didn't want to be the type of kid who pushed his parent away.

I get where you are coming from, but in my mind, Julian is still not Lucas' father. That was Tony Jones, even as the show hates to acknowledge it.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Linny said:

Now if only Sam could stop acting so frosty to Julian (she won't, though, because she's firmly Team Corinthos, sigh).

Just wait til the truth about Wiley comes out and Sam spends her every waking minute at Charlie's berating its owner for occupying the same space as her after what he did.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Linny said:

I was so happy for Julian that Lucas told him he didn't want to be the type of kid who pushed his parent away. Julian's tried really hard to be there for Lucas while still respecting his boundaries, and that hug felt like a reward he never expected but definitely deserved. Now if only Sam could stop acting so frosty to Julian (she won't, though, because she's firmly Team Corinthos, sigh).

I wanted to like it but it feels like they are just trying to make them close right now so Lucas can feel even more betrayed when the baby switch comes out. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It's so strange to see Jason in a sports jersey that I just stared. 

Mr. TVEye walked in from work and saw Jason and said "Why isn't he wearing a black t-shirt?"

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

"A day without Sonny is a good day." Preach, Julian.

This needs to be engraved on a plaque and hung in every writer's office until it finally sinks in.

I kinda love Julian anyway but he just became my favorite GH character.

• Love 6

Jesus God, someone tranquilize Liz. Where are the neurologists and therapists? Is the treatment plan for this patient really to just have Liz harangue him until he relents.

Did Drew have that accent 7 years ago? 

I thought Lulu just decided she doesn't want a divorce. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Linny said:

Now if only Sam could stop acting so frosty to Julian (she won't, though, because she's firmly Team Corinthos, sigh).

She even has the baseball jersey to prove it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Michael's ego is so fragile he has to have a softball game thrown? I'm sure he handled the loss.

I can't stand how they're writing Elizabeth. It's fine she's upset, but COME ON. She knows exactly what happened, this isn't the first time she's dealt with memory loss, and it's been, what, five minutes since he regained consciousness? It's not so unusual he hasn't instantly turned back into Franco.

Julian's gastropub serves a Leland Palmer, hee.

That was a terrible painting of Helena. Who owns the one Luke had painted of her? Pro tip, Hayden: Close the door of the room you're searching. Less chance of someone (like Liesl) seeing you.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

She even has the baseball jersey to prove it.

Isn't this when cops/FBI/DEA should be parked outside the park snapping pictures of everyone in a Corinthos jersey?

And what is it that Sam does for Sonny's business except to hang around Jason's neck? Is she employed there? Does she get a paycheck? Did Milo or Max break a nail?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That was a terrible painting of Helena. Who owns the one Luke had painted of her? Pro tip, Hayden: Close the door of the room you're searching. Less chance of someone (like Liesl) seeing you.

Luke found the painting of Helena from her younger years, but I could have sworn either he or Lucky burned it to a crisp.

Meh. Dustin is a bland Michael/NuDillon/Peter type. But I'm extremely biased.

Liz looks cute in her casual ensemble.

I usually like becky Herbst's performances, but the nasal tone was like nails on a chalkboard today.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Liz looks cute in her casual ensemble.

The "Hoodie of desperation"?  Any time a character goes through an emotional experience their go-to way of expressing it is having them put on casual clothes -- sweatpants, hoodies.  See: Kristina after she is kidnapped from the cult.  Lulu after being served with divorce papers.  Carly, after Michael was shot in the head.  It's a cheap short-cut to showing angst, and it gives them sleeves to wring.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That was a terrible painting of Helena. Who owns the one Luke had painted of her? 

That was (I think) supposed to be the painting that Helena left Nik, complete with her drinking tea because it was suspected, at least among the audience here, that he had poisoned her tea and killed her. But in the quick look I got at it, it looked like someone in the prop department had touched it up to make the cup of tea the focal point.

• Useful 1

The painting was supposed to be a painting but looked like a picture pretending to be a painting. It was so weird looking. Has this room been shown before? Is it a new set just for this storyline? Does GH have a softball team? Lucas & Brad & Bobbi & Amy & Felix. Oh wait! Amy & Felix aren't Real cast members. They’re only on during the Nurses Ball. 

I know she recently had a child, but I wonder if she's open to a return at some point. I think she was able to portray the personality of Lulu better than ER does. 

That is the only time I would approve of an actor being unceremoniously fired to the the old actor back.  All other instances have made me stabby.  And I don't even LIKE Lulu, but JMB was way better.

If they if they are serious about the character of Lulu they should recast in general. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Linny said:

I don't care even the slightest bit about baseball/softball so I didn't pay much attention to those scenes until we got into Liesl's crush on Jax. Jax is pretty much PC's most desirable bachelor, so why wouldn't Liesl want to vie for his rose? A girl has needs beyond everyday scheming, blackmailing, and secret keeping, after all. Also, nice touch that Liesl was player number 13.

I thought it was absolutely both adorable and hilarious. This show lacks levity in a serious way, and Liesl can usually always be counted on to bring it. Speaking of softball, Peter looks a lot better with a hat on than he does with his normal weird sticking up bro thing that it does. That yellow uniform though, hideous. No one looks good in yellow.

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I usually like becky Herbst's performances, but the nasal tone was like nails on a chalkboard today.

For me, Sam's voice was extremely grating. I had no trouble hearing her today, but she was acting like a little girl around Jason. It was gross.

Me: Get to the damn Nik reveal already, Show! I'm B-O-R-E-D and want to see if it's Tyler or someone else to interact with Hayden.

Looking at Instagram, it says that Jason is center field. I would have thought his ego would have him pitch if not play first.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Also, whatever RH was doing seems so far removed from who Drew is. Did anyone ever picture Drew doing something like that? 

This is supposed to be the Drew that didn't lose his memories and build a whole new identity when he was Jason's amnesiac placeholder, drawing warmth from the combined Corinthos/Quartermaine/Webber circle of love. They want us to conclude that the real guy was kind of a dick, and the Billy Miller Drew was better off for saying no-thanks on the flash drive.

Of course, we also have to buy that Kim was drawn to this guy in 2003 and still carried a torch for him years later, so I dunno. But he's definitely come off as cold and arrogant so far.   

I'll be in the minority on this one: I'm kind of finding it soapy fun. Verdict pending, though.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

This is supposed to be the Drew that didn't lose his memories and build a whole new identity when he was Jason's amnesiac placeholder, drawing warmth from the combined Corinthos/Quartermaine/Webber circle of love. They want us to conclude that the real guy was kind of a dick, and the Billy Miller Drew was better off for saying no-thanks on the flash drive.

Well, also, Franco is still in his own body somewhere, so maybe some of his personality would infuse the memories.  Hard to know. Because I still maintain this is not a real thing that happens in real life.

• Love 1

TR is awesome and it's great to have him back. Why is Robert taking a statement from Sam & Jason? Isn't that some lackey's job? Anyway, I couldn't take it seriously when they are sitting around in baseball uniforms like they're regular people. Too funny!

I'm a war veteran of over 21 years -- I'll never understand why actors who think they're being all "military" have to stick their dicks out in front of them as they walk, spread their legs when they stand, and scowl all the time (they make me think they are trying to walk in the middle of a genital herpes outbreak.)  Franco's physical performance and the dialogue were painful to watch.  (BM is great at it, he's totally believable to me -- he acts like a veteran who has normal mannerisms until the military training is needed.)

Liz, yesterday, exhibited nothing more than "the worst nurse ever" behavior.  This man has been through an unknown chemical transformation -- her bedside manner can't have been what's in the text book.  And, if we're going to claim, "Yeah but it's her husband and she's emotionally invested!" then she shouldn't have been in the room.  It was all very disappointing for my tastes.

Yesterday someone said Billy Miller is coming back (not true, asfaik, and I can't remember why they said it) and I thought they meant Billy Warlock.  That's how old I am.  LOL

Edited by Captanne
Subject/Verb tense matching matters.
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Of course, we also have to buy that Kim was drawn to this guy in 2003 and still carried a torch for him years later, so I dunno. But he's definitely come off as cold and arrogant so far.   

I'll be in the minority on this one: I'm kind of finding it soapy fun. Verdict pending, though.  

and, I guess Kim can now have her baby with nuDrew.

34 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I think it’s gloriously soapy fun and I intend to enjoy every wild curve. It’s something different. 

• Love 8

I will also join the minority and say I am absolutely loving this "Dranco" story. It is stupid. It makes no sense, but I'm enjoying the acting. I do like Friz and Franco, in general, so this story is working for me right now. I do not want it to last forever, but it is the most entertaining story on GH for me right now. 

• Love 5

I think “drew” comes across as a dick simply because Roger is playing him that way.  Yesterday with Kim was over the top as usual with Howarth. He was way more subdued prior to seeing Kim. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

and, I guess Kim can now have her baby with nuDrew.

Yes, because Franco with Drew's memories means that he also somehow sucked in his DNA, which with these writers, this show, would be the least shocking thing to ever happen.

Kim can have her baby with the discount version of Drew.

• Love 1

For a while Kim just wanted a baby, period, she didn't care who the father was. She asked Julian, remember? Then she got fixated on an Oscar clone, so Drew got drugged and nearly raped. She seems to have come to her senses (for the most part) and realized that any baby will not replace Oscar, so maybe she's dropped the rabies. I hope so. 

• Love 2

I enjoy this story because its NOT focused on the Mob Quad, and I'll get behind almost any story that keeps them off my screen.

Also, now that they've got Cabot in custody-- why hasnt anyone asked him if the process can be reversed? Did he map Franco's brain? Do those memories exist somewhere? 

There is so much crazy soap science yet to be discovered. 

• Love 10