Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Ah, Cam was acting his little heart out while the older guys were like, fuck it, this is so Goddamn dumb lets just go balls out. I would love to see the outtakes. I bet they were howling with laughter. 

I actually hope the memory transfer goes through (but is short lived). Either way Franco's redemption is complete. I mean there's this PLUS the certificate he got from Jordan, so come on. 

They need to finally KILL Shiloh ...so his hot brother who looks just like him can come to town to try to make sense of it all. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
31 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

They need to finally KILL Shiloh ...so his hot brother who looks just like him can come to town to try to make sense of it all. 

Nope ! I want Shank to remain In town until he axes Scam,.....dead!! 

Cam rocks.... the actor is great. So sweet. Hopefully BH  actually gets some real meaty material from this. 

• Love 1

William Lipton is the best younger actor on this show in years! I wish he could act across from JJ too. They'd be magic together in emotional scenes. 

I dislike the character of Franco, but thought RoHo did well today too.

Is Sasha going to die? Not a huge loss, but I could do without another young twenty-something woman being killed so soon after Kiki. Just let her leave town.

My goodness, I will miss BM's Drew so much. He is my favorite on adventures with Curtis. 

I really enjoyed today's episode overall. Lots of great soapy vibes. I agree that everyone going at the problem from different angles versus simply turning everything over to some combination of Jason and Sonny was interesting too.  

• Love 9

Lucy today: "A very good friend of mine almost died today from being locked in a freezer."

Me: Since the fuck when is Sam a dear friend of yours?  This fakkata show.

Also, I know we're all sick and tired of Jason playing the hero, but his total "eh, you got this?" to Elizabeth was just so off-putting.  yeah, go stand guard dog over Sam so she doesn't stray from her bed and accidentally fall down a laundry shoot or drown herself in the toilet. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 8

Well, I suppose I honestly can't complain because I wanted both Liz/Franco and Nina/Valentin to not be so disgustingly happy. I actively wished it out into the universe. So this is what I've received in return. Lucky me.

Jason can fuck all the way off, and so can the writers. Already getting ready to retcon Scout's parentage, I'm sure. Sickening. He even mentioned Scout before Danny. Red flag.

God, Finn is so socially awkward he can't come right out and ask Michael of all people if he and Sasha had sex. You're a fucking doctor, grow up. There's no need to be delicate.

I'm trying to think of anyone who didn't actively piss me off this episode, and frankly, I'm struggling.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hey, hands off a lady's drink!

Why was my girl drinking tequila?

She was traumatized at Sam almost dying by being locked in a freezer. She told the bartender all about it.

2 hours ago, sas616 said:

Is it possible that Sasha's illness will be how they find out that she's Nina's fake daughter?   (We're probably not that lucky.)

My vote is still at the wedding.  However Sasha was already delirious once (on cold meds?) and was babbling about Nina not being her real mom before.  One would think some deadly virus with high fever would be worse for yammering secrets.

Carly was talking about her 7 month ultrasound the other day.  If she got preggers on New Year's Eve, doesn't August date her pregnancy at 8 months?  November sweeps?

Cam: You’re a good guy, too.

....and we’ve reached the point of this story. Franco fanfic is nothing but predictable. We couldn’t give Drew played by Billy Miller his memories for THREE + YEARS BUT it’s time for Franco Redemption Part 899 followed by Jason Saves Sam Part 273838282928272872.

Franco: Tell your mom I’ll be back.

Me: 💩

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Lucy today: "A very good friend of mine almost died today from being locked in a freezer."

Me: Since the fuck when is Sam a dear friend of yours?  This fakkata show.

Perhaps Lucy mistook her for Livvie? 😉

6 hours ago, Laur said:

Is Sasha going to die?

Well, she is Michael's girlfriend so...

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Ah, Cam was acting his little heart out while the older guys were like, fuck it, this is so Goddamn dumb lets just go balls out. I would love to see the outtakes. I bet they were howling with laughter. 

Silly @TVbitch! There be no more outtakes! Frank and his predecessor be cheap bastards. Everything is done in one take. EXCEPT if you're stunt casting like Katie Couric--then when you fuck up, you get to do retake after retake. I remember the outtakes from when Holly was in jail and Luke came to see her and Geary kept banging his nose against the cell door when he was trying to kiss Emma. Good times!

Unlike others here, I find the actor who plays Shiloh...mediocre. And Shiloh's "I don't care. I don't care. Give the drug to the KID. I don't care that he's not an adult" whining like a petulant toddler so fucking annoying. THIS is the guy that was able to brainwash so many? PUHLEAZE.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Jason can fuck all the way off, and so can the writers. Already getting ready to retcon Scout's parentage, I'm sure. Sickening. He even mentioned Scout before Danny. Red flag.

How would they even do that?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Definitely. I dig the irony of Shiloh having a twin. But please don't make him secretly in charge of DoD. I want that part of the story totally finished. It would also be nice if he wasn't hell-bent on revenge for the death of his brother. Such a tired cliché. Have the brother come to PC to clean up the estate, express appropriate horror at his brother's actions, and give everyone their feelings. Then he can establish himself in PC and we get an actor who can act!

9 hours ago, tvgoddess said:
13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hey, hands off a lady's drink!

Why was my girl drinking tequila?

She was traumatized at Sam almost dying by being locked in a freezer. She told the bartender all about it.

I think it was mostly being in proximity to the freezer. Lucy and Sam barely know each other, but Lucy is one to make stuff about her when she's nearby. And add me to the list of people who enjoyed it when both Curtis and Drew slid her tequila shots to her at the end of their discussion. The show needs to do so much more of that sort of thing.

• Love 12

K, maybe a dumb question. Also just wondering in general and not just with regards to the scenes with Sasha today. When they don't want an illness to spread, they always show the visitors wearing a gown over their clothes and sometimes a mask and a hat. But their hands are always exposed. 

Sadly, from personal experience-- anyone coming in contact with the person who has the infection should be wearing a gown & gloves, not necessarily a mask (depends on the infection). and the patient would be in a room that has a sink outside, so you can wash your hands before/after taking off protective stuff.

Hand washing scenes would be boring-- and you know these cheapskates aren't going to spring for a special set so... the girl with the mysterious infectious disease is hanging out in the ER. 

I feel like Michael should be more worried about Sasha, given his long list of dead girlfriends, and I also feel bad for Liz, because this will be the second relationship of hers that will end because of memory issues (the mind wipe that Helena pulled on Lucky when JY replaced JJ)

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Drew "dies" or abandons Scout and Sam has Jason adopt her.

I thought the post was about them retconning her paternity, although I'm assuming that since she is the daughter of an identical twin that if they ran a DNA test, they wouldn't be able to tell if Drew or Jason is the father. And I could be 100% wrong about this since biology is not me wheelhouse and I can't be bothered to google it right now.

And Drew would never abandon Scout. That would be total horseshit. I hope he takes Scout with him wherever he's going. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Silly @TVbitch! There be no more outtakes! Frank and his predecessor be cheap bastards. Everything is done in one take. EXCEPT if you're stunt casting like Katie Couric--then when you fuck up, you get to do retake after retake. I remember the outtakes from when Holly was in jail and Luke came to see her and Geary kept banging his nose against the cell door when he was trying to kiss Emma. Good times!

Unlike others here, I find the actor who plays Shiloh...mediocre. And Shiloh's "I don't care. I don't care. Give the drug to the KID. I don't care that he's not an adult" whining like a petulant toddler so fucking annoying. THIS is the guy that was able to brainwash so many? PUHLEAZE.

I'm of two minds about Shiloh and both are answers to why I can't stand him but begrudgingly respect the actor.

I'm sick of seeing smug men abuse people and cause serious injury or death.  We're getting enough of that in real life.  

I begrudgingly respect the actor because he's bringing the smug to such levels that I am revolted.  I can't fastforward on the television I watch (on the treadmill) but now I tend to change channels while he's on unless there is some form of retribution in the scene.

• Love 1

Isn't it physically impossible for Jason to be Scout's bio dad since he was Patient #6 when she was conceived?

I doubt Drew will take Scout with him since she forms part of JaSam's perfect family. It's a pity though because Drew leaving her makes him Dad #3, along with Dante and Lucky, to leave his kids behind currently on the show.

• Love 1
Just now, statsgirl said:

Isn't it physically impossible for Jason to be Scout's bio dad since he was Patient #6 when she was conceived?

Yes he was. She was already born when Jason arrived back in PC.

I'm willing to forgive Ava a lot, but bringing Jason back into my life is not one of them. She should have gone on about her business.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

How would they even do that?

Don't ever underestimate the stupidity of their retcons. I'm not saying for sure it will happen, but I wouldn't be surprised.

1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

I feel like Michael should be more worried about Sasha, given his long list of dead girlfriends

His reaction annoyed me. I get he was trying to help in whatever way he possibly could, but it seemed more like he was taking care of a problem at ELQ than trying to find a way to save his dying girlfriend.

11 hours ago, Laur said:

William Lipton is the best younger actor on this show in years! I wish he could act across from JJ too. They'd be magic together in emotional scenes. 

Something I'd also like to see: If there is ever another "fan fantasy return," Lipton/Cameron should get a conversation with Ghost Dad, assuming Chad Brannon wouldn't mind coming back for a day. They did it for Spencer with SWSNBN, and this would be better.

I don't care if it would be processed cheese. I think William Lipton has been good opposite everyone. He really is at least GH's best young find since Scott Clifton. I'm ashamed that in his first few days, I didn't immediately warm to him just on the basis of his look. The kid who very briefly had the role last summer looked so much like Zander, so I was hoping he would settle in just on that basis. But Lipton is very convincing as Becky Herbst's son. 

• Love 13
11 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

God, Finn is so socially awkward he can't come right out and ask Michael of all people if he and Sasha had sex. You're a fucking doctor, grow up. There's no need to be delicate.

I assumed the awkwardness was because Lucas is standing there, and Lucas is Carly's brother via adoption/technically Michael's uncle as well as Finn's colleague. In that situation, I would feel awkward asking a guy about his sex life in front of his family member. But, maybe that's just the way Finn is?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I assumed the awkwardness was because Lucas is standing there, and Lucas is Carly's brother via adoption/technically Michael's uncle as well as Finn's colleague. In that situation, I would feel awkward asking a guy about his sex life in front of his family member. But, maybe that's just the way Finn is?

I guess you could view it that way, although how or why Finn would even have that come to mind when he keeps to himself, I don't know. I'll just never see Finn as anything except this weird but same version of Silas Clay, the dullest human imaginable. I wish he'd just leave forever, but Frank lives to torture me.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

the girl with the mysterious infectious disease is hanging out in the ER. 

Real-life anecdote time: This actually happened to me! I had an adverse reaction to some medication that gave me a fever of 104, and they kept me in the ER for a while until deciding I might be contagious/infectious, and only then moved me to isolation. Those rooms are limited in number, so they need to be sure you require one.

1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

assuming Chad Brannon wouldn't mind coming back for a day.

I don't think he would, seeing as he came back for that delightful cameo with Natalia Livingston's Rebecca (ugh) on the airplane. 

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

But, maybe that's just the way Finn is?

He's always been kind strangled that way. It's ridiculous for a doctor. "Did you sleep together?" is hardly an invasive question under the circumstances. There's no reason to be dainty.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Today's show sounds amazing. As in, I think Frank was drunk amazing. Drunk on his love of Franco.

The tweens who write One Direction fan fiction have a better grasp on reality and entertainment than Frank and Co. 

What I just watched was truly vomit-inducing, most of all Drew saying that his past means nothing in comparison to his friendship with Franco. I’d imagine that day of filming was when Billy finally quit. So happy he’s left this pile of steaming garbage.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Today's show sounds amazing.

There's a lot to like - Rebecca Herbst and William Lipton knocked it out of the park in showing fear and how much mother and son love each other. I rarely cry when watching TV, and they got to me. Billy Miller and William Lipton were awesome too. I loved Drew expressing to Cam how valuable he is, and saying "I love you." He would make a kickass stepdad.

I also really enjoyed Robert giving Maxie the verbal smackdown in front of Peter for associating with Peter, then being utterly unmoved by her anger and indignation.  The Willow-Chase scenes at the end were sweet. I liked Lucas totally ignoring Shiloh's attempts at taunting, too.

Lulu wanting to tell Willow's story as well as the OTT praising of Franco as a husband/father figure and friend to Drew made me roll my eyes, but I expected that. I could ignore it thanks to the other good stuff. Also, any episode not highlighting the Mob Four is at least worthy of consideration.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

There's a lot to like - Rebecca Herbst and William Lipton knocked it out of the park in showing fear and how much mother and son love each other.

Eh. Becky is always solid. All I saw was a love letter to Franco, and Cam being the latest to have to accept this character as a hero.

• Love 3

I liked the scenes of Drew with Cameron. Why couldn't I have got that sooner?

I also liked Willow's talk with Lulu. It made sense, both of them in relationships with cops , and it helped Lulu figure out what to do.

Lucas should have recused himself from treating Shiloh. But eh, it's a soap opera.

The more I see of the Maxie/Peter relationship, the worse it gets.

Almost as bad as the science for both the memory transfer and Dante's treatment. One bad science storyline I can take, two is too many.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

He's always been kind strangled that way. It's ridiculous for a doctor. "Did you sleep together?" is hardly an invasive question under the circumstances. There's no reason to be dainty.

One of my first jobs was as a research assistant on a depression study.  Since depressed people are generally less interested in sex, part of my job was  to ask people I had just met about their sex lives. 200 people.

You can do it, Finn. Just go for it.

• Love 2

Liz: "So until he wakes, we won't know how much of Franco is still left inside of him."

Me, crossing my fingers: "If nothing else, please let this wipe out the part of Franco that rambles through conversations with his mouth full of food."

Cam and Drew were killing it today. BM is consistently great with the young actors and is going to leave a void when he's gone. And Cam's anger, heartbreak, trauma, and yes, even the acceptance of Franco this situation created was all handled in just the right way. Like him or not, Franco did put himself on the line for Cam, and it would not be believable for Cam to witness that sacrifice and not be moved by it. For once, this was actual proof of Franco being the good man Liz always insisted he was, so I can't really complain.

• Love 13

Lulu sounds like she should have gotten therapy. Not to be depressing, but anyone can be walking out of the door for the last time.

21 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

The tweens who write One Direction fan fiction have a better grasp on reality and entertainment than Frank and Co. 

What I just watched was truly vomit-inducing, most of all Drew saying that his past means nothing in comparison to his friendship with Franco. I’d imagine that day of filming was when Billy finally quit. 

Okay first lol at your first comment.

I didn't even care that Drew and Franco were friends and that comment sounded so stupid. They met up once every three months. Hold me!

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Hater said:

Can't even play your own character when you are exiting the show. <sigh>

I still don’t even know what Billy is playing. A man with Jason Morgan’s memories + memories he’s created as Drew in present day but still with Jason’s memories = Oh who cares Billy quit there’s no point to this.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I didn't even care that Drew and Franco were friends and that comment sounded so stupid. They met up once every three months. Hold me!

Everyone has to love Franco! The writers remind us of this in all of his stories! He’s changed, he’s a hero, he’s a family man, a regular Mr. Rogers! Better than that cry baby kid abandoning Lucky! RoHo is a soap icon. 😀😃😄😁😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I watched in the 80s and in the naughties.  I stopped for the soap merger.  I have returned in the past few months.  I am so baffled by the Drew/Jason who is whom thing that I gave up asking.  I'm just along for the ride and the sheer enjoyment of watching Cameron and Drew on screen together because...right now....even given my lack of knowledge...it's clear they are played by the best two actors in the entire cast.

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Captanne said:

I'm just along for the ride and the sheer enjoyment of watching Cameron and Drew on screen together because...right now....even given my lack of knowledge...it's clear they are played by the best two actors in the entire cast.

I wouldn't go nearly that far. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, tvgoddess said:

I wouldn't go nearly that far. 

Oh, they are a joy for me to watch.  Cameron still has that "jazz hands" high school melodrama in his physical acting but I think Drew is outstanding -- he has the ability to bring subtlety that I haven't seen in this cast in a long time.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

The show did try to show them as friends. Franco saved little Andy from Greg Evigan and again during the earthquake, I think. Drew was the one Franco turned to when he thought no one would come to his wedding because he is such a pariah, they hung out together occasionally and Drew was the one who married Franco and Liz.

Drew has been on Oscar Island for so long, he's really lost contact with everyone except that forced brother relationship with Jason.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Captanne said:

Oh, they are a joy for me to watch.  Cameron still has that "jazz hands" high school melodrama in his physical acting but I think Drew is outstanding -- he has the ability to bring subtlety that I haven't seen in this cast in a long time.

I didn't say they don't have talent. I just don't think they're the best of the entire cast.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 2

Are we supposed to be all, "You go, girl!" about Lulu's conviction to fight the divorce?  DANTE IS NOT ON THE SHOW ANYMORE!  Just stop dragging this out and being fearful of shippers and tell a story with the characters you actually have.

Speaking of, Robert dragging LWB/FS was a delight.  And his relationship with Maxie is sooo boring, are we in stall mood til Anna gets back or something?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

This Franco love fest. No words. Frank needs to be fired. Drew is s bystander in his own story and some wonder why Billy mostly hated working at GH. 

Edited by Hater
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

"I'm guessing you have something to tell me about Dante?"
"Savvy as ever."

Yes, Robert, it took all of Lulu's crack investigative skills to figure out talking to you meant hearing about Dante. (It probably did, heh.)

LOL at Dr. Cabot snarking at Shiloh for wanting instant results. "There's the status bar. We'll know the procedure worked when he opens his eyes and asks, 'Where am I?'" Hee.

I wish this story had been played more soapily. It's absurd, and the show refused to embrace that. The Ice Princess story was even more ludicrous, but back then the show really leaned into that and everyone looked like they were having a ball. Here? Miserable to a man.

Lulu, Chase and Dante are different men. Just because your husband foolishly went undercover for the WSB doesn't mean Chase will. At least Lulu gave Willow credit for getting away from Shiloh and DoD.

I loved the disgusted look on the cop day player who was babysitting Shiloh in the ER. Her face was amazing.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Are we supposed to be all, "You go, girl!" about Lulu's conviction to fight the divorce?  DANTE IS NOT ON THE SHOW ANYMORE!  Just stop dragging this out and being fearful of shippers and tell a story with the characters you actually have.

Or pull up their pants and write characters off the show that they are barely writing for. That goes for more characters than Lulu too.

2 hours ago, Hater said:

This Franco love fest. No words. Frank needs to be fired. Drew is s bystander in his own story and some wonder why Billy mostly hated working at GH. 

Drew having to tell Franco his friendship was more important just felt like an extra screw you.

The last time an episode felt this straight from Frank's megalomania was the knife stuff with Julexis.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Shiloh, Cameron, Franco, Liz, Chase, Drew, Curtis, Robert, and Willow are all in a ruckus at the hospital and Jason don't know shit about it. I had to laugh.

Cameron is a boy who was just kidnapped, had his life threatened, was injected with god knows what, witnessed a horrific event, and is crying and feeling rage and guilt ...maybe they could do some trauma care. Or maybe that's just another day at the office for Liz's children. 

• Love 6

Drew has already said that he doesn't want his old memories. So basically he told Franco that their friendship is more important than something he's already decided that he doesn't want.

LOL at Dr. Cabot snarking at Shiloh for wanting instant results. "There's the status bar. We'll know the procedure worked when he opens his eyes and asks, 'Where am I?'" Hee.

I wish this story had been played more soapily. It's absurd, and the show refused to embrace that. The Ice Princess story was even more ludicrous, but back then the show really leaned into that and everyone looked like they were having a ball. Here? Miserable to a man.

Oooh, now you've got me really wishing for that. This show is best when when it's having over-the-top fun.

Dr. Cabot's saving grace for me were his snarky put-downs of Shiloh. That one, and the one last show about the idiocy of parking illegally.

5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

While I'm not cheering Lulu on, I do think that she's right to fight the divorce.  She's not ready to divorce Dante so why do what he decides rather than what she wants? Also people suffering from psychiatric conditions tend not to make the best choices.

• Love 6

At least Billy Miller has that "I'm leaving the show" hotness-glow about him.

Speaking of hotness, Lucas is looking fantastic.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

LOL at Dr. Cabot snarking at Shiloh for wanting instant results. "There's the status bar.

Hey, I thought it was fast.  You should see how long updating Windows 10 takes.  "Hi, we're setting things up.  This could take a few minutes (or days)".  Uploading Drew to Franco's brain was practically instantaneous. 

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

While I'm not cheering Lulu on, I do think that she's right to fight the divorce.  She's not ready to divorce Dante so why do what he decides rather than what she wants? Also people suffering from psychiatric conditions tend not to make the best choices.

But again, Dante's not on the show, he hasn't been a regular character for over a year.  So we're gonna see her fight the divorce over the phone, against a dayplayer lawyer?  This is just another stall tactic because the show is terrified of trying to actually do something with Lulu and angering that fanbase and I find that creatively pathetic.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Yes, it is a shitty way to give Lulu story, but I'd be pissed if the story was that a mental patient who can't trust his judgement to not murder someone files for divorce and the wife agrees to it.  Like, rage.  He literally can not mage rational decisions on his own. 

They should have either just sent Lulu and family off to be near Dante to support him through his recovery (because duh) or just had "off screen Dante" in the first place.  "Oh, Dante is working a big case", "Oh, Dante took Rocco and Leo on an overnight trip to NY for a baseball game.", "Hey Liz, Dante said the kids had a blast when he chaperoned that field trp for Aiden and Charlotte's class."

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

But again, Dante's not on the show, he hasn't been a regular character for over a year.  So we're gonna see her fight the divorce over the phone, against a dayplayer lawyer?  This is just another stall tactic because the show is terrified of trying to actually do something with Lulu and angering that fanbase and I find that creatively pathetic.

Can you imagine something like the ‘99 JnR breakup happening today? Like, an ugly parting with relatively no closure? And this was when the show had a shitload of viewers and popularity. It’s social media, dude. It’s these fans who are loud, don’t take bathroom breaks, and just go on and on 24/7. Mindblowing, their power.

Edited by HeatLifer