Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

56 minutes ago, Laur said:

Seriously! It tells you everything about this show that Cameron has been doing community service for buying pot way longer than actual murderers get punished in Port Charles. Insane. Also, couldn't they have given him a day off after he was KIDNAPPED?

You let him have a day off for being kidnapped, pretty soon everyone will be wanting time off for being kidnapped.  Kidnap victims-you give them an inch, they'll take a mile.  Besides, in a town like Port Charles, that would lead to some serious unmanned everything.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

If Julian leaves town, who's going to be the town whipping post? Ava's still grieving, so only Sonny and Carly will be assholish enough to sneer at her these days.

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

So, Cameron was kidnapped and drugged "yesterday" but he's back to doing community service today.  That is one dedicated kid.  Also, his cs sentence is longer than some jail sentences for crying out loud. 

I know! Poor kid. Even his hard-ass supervisor would be sympathetic to a kidnapping and a drugging, I'd think.

1 hour ago, paisley said:

I like Max Gail's performance but this story has gone on too long and is too focused on Sonny.

It's always about Sonny. I'm not sure Mike marrying Yvonne is such a happy day for Sonny. Humoring your Alzheimer-ridden father with a fake wedding isn't exactly a cheery prospect.

I know the memory implant was ludicrous, but is it so shocking it might work? At the very least, everyone should expect Franco to be a little addled. 

• Love 2

The memory thing is very soapy and will give Becky more screentime than she's had in years. Also, not as ridiculous as Vicki on OLTL giving birth to Cassandra Pierce and not remembering she had a child.

3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

HATE everything Mike/Sonny/Turning Woods.  Why is it there?  

Because a day without Sonny is like a day without GH.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I'm glad Lynn Herring's making some coin, but given Lucy's long tenure and history on this show, her being reduced to this dayplayer real estate agent really grinds my gears. 

Oh, was I supposed to be caring about the pointless return to the Alzheimer's story just to give Sonny another sad or how Franco's latest whitewash is going?  Well...

9 hours ago, ouinason said:

Yeah.... Serena and Christina are way safer if they just stay the hell away.  Poor, forgotten, Christina.

Safer, sure.  But what a waste if they remain off-screen and wither on the character vine.  I'd honestly rather a shot be taken and fail than not be taken at all.

21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If Julian leaves town, who's going to be the town whipping post?

No way is Julian leaving town before he gets screamed at for his role in the baby swap secret.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

Sonny, Jason, and Carly may be despicable, show-devouring monsters, but they are still OUR despicable, show-devouring monsters. With Howarth's Franco, beyond the same disgust and annoyance I feel for the other three, I'm also left with the feeling of...well, to paraphrase Mean Girls, "HE DOESN'T EVEN GO HERE!"

I should agree with this in theory or on paper or whatever, but I just can't. I think my overwhelming disgust and hatred of the Terrible Trio also manifests itself in how horrible they are to Ava. And since Franco and Ava have a mutual shared history/past/begrudging friendship, that's what makes him slightly better or more tolerable for me. It also just shows that I haven't been around as long, although I knew RoHo long ago and still have a sour taste and hold a grudge about Todd. I never forgave him, I don't forgive rapists no matter what sob story they come up with to absolve them. Long story short, it's a very personal take based only on my favorite character. I don't care about Liz that much, or Cameron. She shouldn't be with Franco though. Doubt this makes sense to anyone because I have weirdly specific points of view, but there you go.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

he memory thing is very soapy and will give Becky more screentime than she's had in years. Also, not as ridiculous as Vicki on OLTL giving birth to Cassandra Pierce and not remembering she had a child.

I know this isn't the OLTL forum, but now I have to ask--I thought that was Megan.  Did she have a second forgotten child?  

1 minute ago, Katy M said:

I know this isn't the OLTL forum, but now I have to ask--I thought that was Megan.  Did she have a second forgotten child?  

Well...Natalie. 😉

But the poster was referring to Jessica Tuck, who played Megan on OLTL and plays Cassandra on this show.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Well...Natalie. 😉

But the poster was referring to Jessica Tuck, who played Megan on OLTL and plays Cassandra on this show.

Thanks for explaining that.  I was racking my brain trying to remember if Cassandra Pierce was on One Life to Live.   Vicki certainly would have been disappointed in her if she was.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

If Julian leaves town, who's going to be the town whipping post? Ava's still grieving, so only Sonny and Carly will be assholish enough to sneer at her these days.

No one ever really leaves, so maybe when Sonny or Carly feel the urge they can hop on Sonny's plane and go to NYC and WdV can cameo so they can berate him.  (But I doubt he's leaving)

The wedding stuff had me rolling my eyes.  I've never been a fan of MG's OTT acting style, so seeing him on my screen makes my head hurt--not to mention that it's always in service of Sonny and MB getting his 'moment to shine.'

Why couldn't Sonny and Carly just lie to Mike and say they already had the wedding? It's not like he would remember. As it is, these two people marrying each other at this stage is just creepy. Plus Mo's whispering is making me want to claw my eyes out.

Kristina sure is Team Julian. Too bad she couldn't rub it in her dad's face.

More boring Neil (Neal?)/Alexis. That's how boring it is to me, I can't be bothered to find out how he spells his name.

Laura and Liz were good today.

Carly looks ridiculous with that baby bump. That's all, folks.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

....so is Franco gone for good, and now the actor gets too play yet another character on this show?  Does anyone think he'll get his memories back or are we stuck with the NewDrew?

We will see Liz fight for him, delighting the Friz fans. I'm expecting he'll be back to Franco by Halloween.

Franco may think that he is in love with Kim but I can't see her reciprocating in the least. She knows he's not Drew.

• Love 1

I wish I could see what the people who think Cam is great are seeing.  It would make me enjoy this more.   Today though?  Bad.  So bad.  But then I don't know anybody could do that much exposition and be interesting.   

And he wasn't nearly as bad as Francrew giving his broadest Jack Nicholson in a Few Good Men.    

I was actually pretty okay with this because it seemed Soapy and something that could give BH good stuff.   But as soon as Francrew popped that eyebrow I was like, "Nope, not here for it."

I'm kind of interested in Stella's long lost relative.  Not VERY interested in Stella's long lost relative, but kind of... but if they keep drawing it out....

I am still digging Alexis and Neil (I don't think that is how he spells it..).

6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The memory thing is very soapy and will give Becky more screentime than she's had in years. Also, not as ridiculous as Vicki on OLTL giving birth to Cassandra Pierce and not remembering she had a child.

Because a day without Sonny is like a day without GH.

Except there are actually women who have blocked out pregnancy and birth in traumatic situations, unlike the memory discs.   

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Laur said:

ameron has been doing community service for buying pot

Technically he didn't even buy the pot.  He was going to, changed his mind but because the seller was an undercover cop, he got taken in anyway.  

• Love 1
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I'm expecting he'll be back to Franco by Halloween.

Nah, that's a sweeps thing.   It won't be before November.... unless Liz really is that unimportant to the writers... which... but Franco isn't.

@ciarra-the answer to your question about that medal that Drew was given? Is yes. It was given to him for valor--or whatever it was that Drew said to Franco--except Franco is NOT deserving of it. Such utter bullshit. But that's par for the course for this show because Roger Howarth can do NO wrong. Gee, why does that sound so familiar?

And when Drew first came into his room, I saw Roger take a deep breath and move his chin up, as if trying to get comfortable!

And as much as I love Becky, and Liz, I'm rolling my eyes and seeing rage blackout at everything coming out of her mouth. That the world would be a less better place if Franco were to die, that he was "always" a hero, blah, blah, fishcakes. Because NO! NO! NO! Even if Howarth's Franco isn't even the real Franco. Frank and Ron should have just made him into yet a different character like they did with Michael Easton.

All that tongue bathing was nauseating.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Franco may think that he is in love with Kim but I can't see her reciprocating in the least. She knows he's not Drew.

I can see her playing ball because that's how Franco's personality will somehow break through. You know this fakakta show will do something that stupid.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I can see her playing ball because that's how Franco's personality will somehow break through. You know this fakakta show will do something that stupid.

Does Kim still have baby rabies? I can see her taking the opportunity with FrancoDrew. Cue a reheated Liz/FauxCarly (since she is technically Kim now) war and...yawn.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, AuxArx said:

Poor Cameron, going right back to work.  You'd think his mother would have wanted to keep him nearby since he was injected with something and all.

Laura and Elizabeth talked about Cameron; Laura was taking care of the three boys overnight and dropped Jake and Aiden off at camp. Laura mentioned that Cam was being protective of his brothers by providing an explanation of Mom and Franco's absence at home, which wasn't technically a lie. The scenes with Joss and Trina show that he feels major survivor's guilt over what he thinks he should have done to get away. At the moment, thanks to his lines to Joss and the tears in his eyes - I believe he feels responsible for the "happy family" his mom and brothers were enjoying getting disrupted/destroyed. That is understandable, given the unhealthy message his mother has been projecting that her, Jake and Aiden's happiness is dependent upon being a family with Franco and everyone in Port Charles "accepting" that Franco is a wonderful family man who has totally transformed from the twisted killer he once was.

I can believe Laura wants her grandsons to have a stable father figure in their lives who will love them and not endanger them, but I don't believe she would be so on board with Franco specifically (given his history) replacing Lucky and Lucky being a non-presence in their lives as long as he is alive. It seems like this plot point is supposed to serve several purposes, once of which is to make Laura grateful to him forevaaa/an unquestioning fan girl for saving Cameron.

• Love 1

I can see her taking the opportunity with FrancoDrew. Cue a reheated Liz/FauxCarly (since she is technically Kim now) war and...yawn.

Hopefully, Franco's new personality doesn't involve working as an art therapist at General Hospital which will ameliorate the worst of the Liz/Kim fighting over the serial killer at the hospital. 

• Love 2

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised since they have to create angst for Liz and Franco but Kim already doesn’t seem to be a very popular character (on social media anyway). Comments I’ve seen for her usually range between her being boring and outrage that there wasn’t any fallout over Drew’s attempted rape. Making her a foil for a couple with a relatively big fanbase seems like it will kill any love left for her character. Especially since Liz is probably her only friend in PC

• Love 1

One thing I enjoyed yesterday was the Julian/Kristina interaction.  I generally have no use for Girl Child Corinthos 1.0, but I like that she made up her own mind about Julian and doesn't consider him Public Enemy #1 like Sonny and Carly.  Conversely, I appreciate that Julian doesn't view her as the damaged goods/screwup of the family.

• Love 12

I can't believe I feel worse after Laura has an actual onscreen one-sided conversation with Lucky. She tells him to "have fun"?!?  and that everything is fine when the truth is his first son Cameron has just been through a major traumatic event?!?   WTH, Laura!!

Carly beaming with joy over Mike's wedding given the circumstances was just not a good acting/directing choice. Sonny, your father and Yvonne "getting married' while suffering from Alzheimer's is not "having all the fun." UGHHHH. I assume Morgan's death is lumped into the "ups and downs"? LOL.

Of course Drew finally hands Franco a mirror at the end of the episode after he's been trying to get past fretting, "you're my husband" Elizabeth and has been sedated. Given that Elizabeth knows exactly what has happened to Franco, her reaction/behavior is just off. Did she really think he would just say, "Ok, since you insist I'm Franco and not Drew and you're upset, I totally believe you. Let's go home."

I will give some credit that Franco-as-Drew is MUCH less annoying as a character. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I can't believe I feel worse after Laura has an actual onscreen one-sided conversation with Lucky. She tells him to "have fun"?!?  and that everything is fine when the truth is his first son Cameron has just been through a major traumatic event?!?   WTH, Laura!!

I wonder how much Genie had to drink to get through and say those insulting fucked up lines.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I'm still waiting for someone with a better memory than I have-- hasn't Cameron put in his 1000 hours of community service yet? And at this point, does it add up to more hours than Sonny spent in prison for killing someone?

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

hasn't Cameron put in his 1000 hours of community service yet?

Since every time we see him, he's either coming from, going to or actually doing the service, yes, he should be finished by now.  It's like they don't know what to do with him if he's not wearing the orange jacket and holding the garbage pincher thingy.  

38 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Given that Elizabeth knows exactly what has happened to Franco, her reaction/behavior is just off.

This.  

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Franco may think that he is in love with Kim

I'm not sure I understand why everyone (writers included) would just assume that Franco as Drew would still be in love with Kim.  FrancoDrew believes it's 2012.  He hasn't seen Kim since 2003 when he deployed before he knew she was pregnant.  That's nine years to move on.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Except in the flashback scene, Drew gave an emotional response to Shiloh/Hank when he dared say Kim's name.

But that's what I mean.  The original story, according to Kim is that they spent some time together, though they weren't an official couple, then he deployed and she found out he was pregnant.  In it's original storytelling there was nothing to indicate that he would be hot for her 9 years later much less even remember her.  They've obvioulsy retconned that

• Love 2

IMO, Drew and Kim’s relationship should have originally been deeper because ... this is a soap. It still baffles me that they created this whole boring backstory with a kid and didn’t want to attach any feelings for the mother and father. Drew basically hasn’t had any feelings for any human after Sam, which is dumb. But THAT falls in line with GH because ~no woman will ever compare to Sam might as well be celibate forever~

• Love 4
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

IMO, Drew and Kim’s relationship should have originally been deeper because ... this is a soap. It still baffles me that they created this whole boring backstory with a kid and didn’t want to attach any feelings for the mother and father. Drew basically hasn’t had any feelings for any human after Sam, which is dumb. But THAT falls in line with GH because ~no woman will ever compare to Sam might as well be celibate forever~

BTS may have had something to do with it.  I heard BM was into the Kim/Drew thing and TB wanted to keep WDV at all costs.  But regardless these actors shouldn't have any say, so I don't know how much that truly played into this.  I tend to think this is mostly Frank and the writers.

The backstory was written horribly and I believe TB was miscast as Kim, coupled with how big of a dud Oscar turned out to be.  If they wanted some mega romance with Drew they should have casted someone who was tested with Billy.  FV went on record saying Tamara was "his professional crush."  Although Frank being the jerk he is didn't even give Billy Drew and has him walking around like an idiot till the very end. I wish Billy had just been fired in 2017.   Frank truly is an idiot.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Hater said:

BTS may have had something to do with it.  I heard BM was into the Kim/Drew thing and TB wanted to keep WDV at all costs.  But regardless these actors shouldn't have any say, so I don't know how much that truly played into this.  I tend to think this is mostly Frank and the writers.

The backstory was written horribly and I believe TB was miscast as Kim, coupled with how big of a dud Oscar turned out to be.  If they wanted some mega romance with Drew they should have casted someone who was tested with Billy.  FV went on record saying Tamara was "his professional crush."  Although Frank being the jerk he is didn't even give Billy Drew and has him walking around like an idiot till the very end. I wish Billy had just been fired in 2017.   Frank truly is an idiot.

I haven’t really liked TB as an actress in a long time. And she’s also not cute enough (all humans are shallow in one way or another, forgive me) for me to look past it. 🤭

I guess all Frank’s choices have some BTS drama attached because under this guidance, the show is consistently doing the LEAST soapy angle to every freaking story.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Hater said:

BTS may have had something to do with it.  I heard BM was into the Kim/Drew thing and TB wanted to keep WDV at all costs. 

Don't forget about Elizabeth Hendrickson, I'm not sure who, but somebody was clearly hoping that they'd still have a spark from their Y&R days.

Just now, TeeVee329 said:

Don't forget about Elizabeth Hendrickson, I'm not sure who, but somebody was clearly hoping that they'd still have a spark from their Y&R days.

I think they were going there and then didn't.  They stopped playing them all together. She went right into Maurice's orbit.

Frank is a waste.

• Love 1

With Vernee Watson Johnson having a contract role in the upcoming Bob [Hearts] Abishola, I guess the cousin in London is her exit story.

Ugh, why are they making Elizabeth act as if she has no idea what's going on with Franco? I get she's upset, but she knows the memory stuff was implemented. It's not that big a leap to think at least some of it might have taken.

I had to FF the wedding stuff. So wrong.

Nina, don't you want Sasha in isolation so she's safe? You don't want to infect her or for her to get infected, so follow the protocol and stop whining. What is so hard to understand about this?

Previews: I guess there's a town-wide softball tournament going on? Nearly everyone was in uniform.

• Love 3

Laura didn’t remember Amy and Richard Simmons? 

My mom had dementia and she couldn’t have given a crap about a wedding (and she did have a boyfriend). Is this supposed to still be some super early Alzheimer’s with no other problems? 

I guess we’re still supposed to NOT know that drew is leaving, so Julian leaving is the shock? 

Edited by EmeraldGirl
Just now, dubbel zout said:

With Vernee Watson Johnson having a contract role in the upcoming Bob [Hearts] Abishola, I guess the cousin in London is her exit story.

Having not been playing much attention to that storyline, I thought they were fixing to link Trina up to Stella/Curtis somehow.

• Love 2

Franco had Drew's memories and thinks everyone is lying to him.  Why does it not occur to anyone to ask Kim to come in and talk to him? Seeing her 16 years older would probably make him more receptive to Kevin and Liz. Also, why is Epiphany the one Liz and Drew are asking to explain things to them and not, oh say, Kevin THE DOCTOR?

9 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

we're still supposed to NOT know that drew is leaving, so Julian leaving is the shock? 

But the psychic told Ava that he's not leaving. I wonder if Kim still is though.

17 hours ago, bybrandy said:

Except there are actually women who have blocked out pregnancy and birth in traumatic situations, unlike the memory discs.   

I wonder if that is more myth than fact. (I just finished a course paper on traumatic memories and that idea didn't come up in any of the 40+ articles I read.)

Either way, memory drives >>> Casey the Alien.

Way too much time spent on the wedding, Stella/Curtis/Jordan and Nina. In fact, most of this episode was pure filler and a lot was just absolute trash.

Ava and Julian hand massaging each other, damn. Get a room, you two.

I'm glad Hayden didn't waste time listening to Jax. I'm sure it won't work out, but at least she's trying to do something. And Quint? Was that a shout out to Jaws, lol.

Was Sonny trying to make a point about FAMILY? He only said it 100 times. Why do I continue to torture myself with this crap?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I wonder if that is more myth than fact. (I just finished a course paper on traumatic memories and that idea didn't come up in any of the 40+ articles I read.)

Well, that's going to fester.  You're right.  I've heard anecdotal evidence of it but I've never read  any scholarly research or even confirmed cases and the anecdotal evidence for it comes from sources that aren't unbiased.   

• Love 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Franco had Drew's memories and thinks everyone is lying to him.  Why does it not occur to anyone to ask Kim to come in and talk to him? Seeing her 16 years older would probably make him more receptive to Kevin and Liz.

I mean, he's only been awake for a couple hours.  I'm sure that we'll get to that. 

Also, why is Epiphany the one Liz and Drew are asking to explain things to them and not, oh say, Kevin THE DOCTOR?

So dumb.  they do this all the time with Epiphany.  Remember when suddenly she was a physical therapist and taught Sonny to walk again?

I aggressively hated the wedding scenes.  Max Gail continues to chew al the scenery and bottom line is I just don't care about Mike and Yvonne.  It's all about Sonny's pain, anyway, and I've been over that for a good couple decades.

Previews: Oh my sweet Jesus, Jason and Sam are on the Corinthos Coffee softball team?  How can Sam play in her sky-high booties?  Will Jason have to save her when she gets kidnapped running to first base?

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Does Stella really need an exit story?  I'm sure she'd be fine for 6 months, being elsewhere working in the hospital.  Then she could drop by for a day, and be gone for another 6 months and perhaps transfer to another hospital.  It's not like they're writing out Dante, here. 

I thought Laura's threatening of the psychic was kind of low class.  Just say you're not buying and leave.  You're not Sonny Corinthos -- you don't need to seek revenge. 

Psychic what's-her-name really grates on me.  The way she gets a vision, like a dog spotting a squirrel.  Squirrel!

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Between the Praise Franco of the past two days and the "let's renew our Holy Vows for the 15th time" with Sonny and Carly, can't they have a day all about how Mac is amazing? And I don't even like mac. But come on, toss the accoldates to someone who should have them at least for a day.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, ouinason said:

A day celebrating the long suffering parents of these asshole children would be nice.  Mac, Laura, Alexis, Julian... and Ava in memory of the asshole that was Lauren "Kiki" Jerome, RIP.

No, only Mac. 😛 The others can have the next day.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Liz was annoying, but I actually thought it was in character. Now, I don't know if Altman and Van Etten and their staff were thinking of it this way, but Liz has been through this before. She's had the guy she was in love with, who was in love with her, and a villainous character screwed with his mind, and she pleaded with him to remember their vows. That scene in the hospital room had to be just like getting back on a bike for her. Even though she knew about the flash drive and the memory transfer, she defaulted to what...well, I don't know if "worked" would be the right word. I think Lucky pretended it had worked, in order to spare her feelings, and then hopped on her sister the first chance he got. It's what she tried last time, at any rate. 

I have to give it up for RoHo. I thought he was doing a pretty good Billy Miller without being "parody of Billy Miller." Different speaking style and body language from his usual. So he impressed me in his performance as Dranco. (Yeah, I'm coining it.) 

The sight of Kim 16 years older might not be as much of a jolt as people are expecting, considering that Tamara Braun actually looks more like five years older. I'm all about the compliments today. 

Some have commented on how bad the head shots in the opening are, so I started paying more attention to them. They're uneven. Some of them are okay; some of them are deeply unflattering. The one of Billy Miller is one of the worst, but it cracks me up so much that I might miss it when it goes. He looks just like a famous person reluctantly posing for a paparazzo or a fan, with that gritted-teeth smile. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

Liz was annoying, but I actually thought it was in character. Now, I don't know if Altman and Van Etten and their staff were thinking of it this way, but Liz has been through this before. She's had the guy she was in love with, who was in love with her, and a villainous character screwed with his mind, and she pleaded with him to remember their vows. That scene in the hospital room had to be just like getting back on a bike for her. Even though she knew about the flash drive and the memory transfer, she defaulted to what...well, I don't know if "worked" would be the right word. I think Lucky pretended it had worked, in order to spare her feelings, and then hopped on her sister the first chance he got. It's what she tried last time, at any rate. 

I have to give it up for RoHo. I thought he was doing a pretty good Billy Miller without being "parody of Billy Miller." Different speaking style and body language from his usual. So he impressed me in his performance as Dranco. (Yeah, I'm coining it.) 

The sight of Kim 16 years older might not be as much of a jolt as people are expecting, considering that Tamara Braun actually looks more like five years older. I'm all about the compliments today. 

Some have commented on how bad the head shots in the opening are, so I started paying more attention to them. They're uneven. Some of them are okay; some of them are deeply unflattering. The one of Billy Miller is one of the worst, but it cracks me up so much that I might miss it when it goes. He looks just like a famous person reluctantly posing for a paparazzo or a fan, with that gritted-teeth smile. 

I think CW has the worst one. That said, most of the ones with teeth showing look unnatural and the ones with closed mouth look a little better. I'm sure others will disagree though. I know I never like pictures of me either way. And, I prefer the camera far away. LOL!!!