Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Wait, the hell?  Doesn't Olivia still own half of the MetroCourt?  Did she buy this bar with Ned's money, Ned who's functionally raising Leo?  Is Julian really leaving?

Yes, I don't know, and the psychic said he wasn't leaving town, but maybe that's just a frank plot twist, like he'll serve a prison sentence in Port Charles.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Yes, I don't know, and the psychic said he wasn't leaving town, but maybe that's just a frank plot twist, like he'll serve a prison sentence in Port Charles.

I don’t think he’s leaving now, especially since it looks like Franco getting Drew’s memories will cause Kim to stick around but I’d be surprised if WDV is still around a year from now unless maybe they put him back in the mob. 90% of his scenes in the past year have been people coming into Charlie’s and yelling at him and I’m pretty sure he’s going to get the brunt of the blame with the baby Wiley stuff since Brad isn’t on contract and they’re probably going to have Kim with Franco more. Julian and Ava are pretty much just the new AJs

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 2

I guess I'm just stupid. No, Frank is STOOPID. Because memories are not the same as personality. Infusing Franco's brain with Drew's memories shouldn't turn him into Drew. It's just so galactically stupid. I have an easier time suspending my disbelief that Mikos had a weapon that could freeze the world because it's tangible. This? I just can't.

• Love 2

Sonny needs to be yelled at by Josslyn's father as well as Carly for promising Josslyn without their knowledge that she can do home school/tutoring if she feels like it's "not working out" after trying to go back to school without Oscar.

I'm confused - where did Oscar's car come from, that now belongs to Cameron?  There was some reference to Drew's war buddy's wife??

Would six vomiting emojis be overkill for a reaction to the Maxie and Peter scenes? I just can't.

Good to see more of Monica.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Good to see more of Monica.

Whenever Monica has a scene I picture Leslie Charleson taking out a cigarette and being all, "nailed it! Give me the next stupid piece of exposition!"

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I'm confused - where did Oscar's car come from, that now belongs to Cameron?

It was originally a truck, which Drew and Kim bought for Oscar.  I don't recall if it was for his birthday?   I think they gave him the keys during one of his hospital stays, and people including me were wondering how someone who passes out every 5 seconds could get a license.  I think the kids took the car to Niagara Falls, so I don't know how they got it back.

• Love 2

I don’t know if it’s intentionally written this way or just the way it’s coming off to me but Julian is way more into Kim than she is into him, to the point where I feel sorry for him for sticking around and being willing to drop everything for her. Today’s scenes with Kim and Monica cemented that to me. Aside from Lucas asking Julian why he was leaving if she planned on going without him, I haven’t seen it brought up so I’m pretty sure I’m not supposed to see their relationship that way but it just seems like a mess. 

• Love 3

Maxie: why would I get an mba when I can stick my nose in other people's business? Besides, I have James to think about, even though I never think about him.

Shut up moron Joss. You'll be doing SCHOOLWORK.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Huh?

There was a time Lulu went talking about her abortion to everyone. Now I feel like every other sentence out of her mouth is about her divorce. I'm exaggerating.

16 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Will the hair folks on this show PLEASE do something with Maxie’s hair??!!

I think KSt wants her hair in her face.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

"I can't go to school without Oscar," is such a 13-year-old excuse that it was hurt me because I had to bang on my head to get my eyes rolled back to their regular position.  But I'm actually surprised that the writers missed this opportunity to show what wonderful people Carly and/or Sonny are by having them pontificate about facing life's challenges. Personally, I'd rather see Jax send her to school in Australia. 

And, BTW, 1) When did Jason ever work at Sonny's warehouse before unless someone needed threatening or killing? and, 2) What the heck was up (and I mean UP) with his hair? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Don't quote me on this, but according to the Twitter spoiler sources, it's 

Reveal spoiler

Peter. Not going to make his character any more interesting, Frank. 

Spoiler

Where is the shock in that?  Like, we already knew he was involved in that situation.  So, it gives fake Drew a target?  If he would sit and listen to the whole story he would already blame Peter.  What difference could his physical presence at Drew's kidnapping make to his already admitted (although stupidly whined about "but I drugged and held Jason instead of killing him, I'M GOOD!!" crap) heavy involvement with the whole scheme at his fathers beheast.  LAME!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I saw scheming Old Monica return as she tried to convince Kim to help Franco so she can find out about Drew's past

Why is no one tell FrancenDrew that Shiloh put those memories in and the reason? He might be more open to people if they told him the whole story.

LOL at Jason all demanding to know how long it takes to load a truck. If he were really the warehouse manager, he'd know already.

It's kind of sad how easily Joss lies for the Corinthos mob. As long as they were forging documents for Dev, why not just make him an exchange student rather than a member of Sonny's family? Then they don't have to tie themselves into knots lying.

Good for Hayden. And Peter. (I can't believe I just typed that.) It's long past time that Maxie was running Crimson or something like it since she's the one who taught Nina how to do her job and who had the idea for the Ava cover.

I cringe when I see Obrecht crushing on Jax like a tween but it looks like KG is having a ball with those scenes. And yes, it's time they brought Scientist Obrecht into the memory story.

Carly's smugness that she "saved" Jax from Obrecht was off the charts. Shut up, Carly, he's an international economic shark, he can take care of himself.

4 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

has Julian or Olivia ever had a scene there that included Leo?!

I remember at least one scene where Olivia picks up Leo at the bar and Julian thanks her for letting him spend time with Leo.

42 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Will the hair folks on this show PLEASE do something with Maxie’s hair??!!

I don't know if it's my TV or just me but that shade of grey on Maxie makes her look like an old woman.

20 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Julian did initially refuse to bank his marrow because Sonny would kill him but he agreed to do it a year later when Danny had a cancer scare. It’s a moot point anyway since Drew (and Jason I’m assuming) are perfect matches

Siblings have a 25% chance of being a suitable donor,  Other relatives are unlikely to match. Danny still needs Julian.

• Love 5

ECWkiuMXkAEOuMO?format=jpg&name=900x900

Hayden: "I'm going to set out an entire plate of food that no one will eat."

Liz: "Does it look like either of us has had a sandwich since the millennium began?  Why the hell would we eat pastries, of all things?"

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Siblings have a 25% chance of being a suitable donor,  Other relatives are unlikely to match. Danny still needs Julian.

Drew is supposed to be a match. Sam and Julian had an argument at the PCPD after he was arrested for trying to kill Alexis where she said he isn’t her father anymore. When he responded that she still needed him because of Danny, she said she doesn’t because “Jason is a perfect match”. I assume that they had him tested at some point. The actual Jason, I don’t know if he is since I don’t remember them mentioning it but I was just guessing

Edited by ffwbe
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

It was originally a truck, which Drew and Kim bought for Oscar.  I don't recall if it was for his birthday?  

So they bought it from Tex's widow? I thought Drew said Tex hid it ($$ Shiloh is desperate for) in his wife's vehicle, and the implication is that it may still be there in Cam's??  The next thing I saw was a preview of Cam in his truck/car/vehicle.

I agree with @ffwbe that Kim's scene with Monica confirms what I've thought for awhile due to Kim's behavior - Julian is far more invested in her and their relationship than she is in him and their relationship. I get that she's grieving Oscar, but between her line to Lucas and her conversation with Monica, it doesn't seem like she would be heartbroken if he decided not to join her.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, ciarra said:

ECWkiuMXkAEOuMO?format=jpg&name=900x900

Hayden: "I'm going to set out an entire plate of food that no one will eat."

Liz: "Does it look like either of us has had a sandwich since the millennium began?  Why the hell would we eat pastries, of all things?"

I was very disappointed that Curtis didn't grab one.  Dude's in great shape, he can afford to splurge on a cheese Danish every now and again.

19 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Does maxie even have a bachelors degree? Hayden was asking about an MBA but did she even go to undergrad?

Neither she nor Girl Reporter made it past the first year of college before dropping. Maxie immediately went to work at the Metrocourt Boutique/wedding plans for friends and family before she interviewed with Kate to get a job as her First Assistant.

• Love 1

I think Alexis is the only contract female character who has any sort of college degree. (Kim does, but she's new.) I get the showing school is boring, but fast-track it like they did Emily, who got her MD over a commercial break. I don't care, I just want to see education valued instead of scoffed at as useless and for squares. Ugh.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think Alexis is the only contract female character who has any sort of college degree. (Kim does, but she's new.)

I think Laura has a college degree in social work? Or was that Mary Mae Ward? 

The late Silas Clay talked about meeting Nina when they were in college, so I think she had graduated and he was in or finishing med school when she went comatose?

Elizabeth went to nursing school off-screen...

Can't recall if Ava has a college degree....

• Love 1

So there are a few more women who have completed more than high school.

LW's makeup was particularly bad today. She was pink and brown at the same time.

"You wouldn't catch me dead in the water. Although you very nearly did." Heh.

Joss, Sonny has absolutely no say in your schooling. That's for your FATHER to decide. Ugh.

Trust Carly to barge into a situation where she's neither needed nor wanted.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Neither she nor Girl Reporter made it past the first year of college before dropping. Maxie immediately went to work at the Metrocourt Boutique/wedding plans for friends and family before she interviewed with Kate to get a job as her First Assistant.

Which is dumb since they could have left them in school without showing scenes for it and just referenced them graduating a few years later. I think a big complaint with both of them is the years where they seemed pretty aimless career-wise (Lulu moreso). Molly’s talked about school a few times but I’m pretty sure we’ve never seen her in a class and they’ve referenced Michael getting a business degree offscreen when he’s on all of the time so it’s not like if it can’t be done 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 1

Is there only one high school in Port Charles?  Why is the only alternative to her old school being home schooled? Is this going to be Willow's new job?  Joss would be better off interacting with other teens

2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Does maxie even have a bachelors degree? Hayden was asking about an MBA but did she even go to undergrad?

I assumed that she would go for an executive MBA so she could work at the same time but maybe you need an undergrad degree for that too.

As if a doctor and an owner of a media company would buy their kid a used car.  🙄 And was "Tex" from Texas?  Is Mrs. Tex, former owner of said car, local?  Let's shove together these puzzle pieces, even though they don't fit.

I think Carly should have appealed to Joss' love of sports at PC High, which she couldn't do at home, being home schooled.  Wasn't she into volleyball?  And she'd be away from her friends.

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I saw scheming Old Monica return as she tried to convince Kim to help Franco so she can find out about Drew's past.

I'm gonna be sad for Monica when Drew/Billy Miller leaves.  He's the only child she's got that's alive and is nice to her/talks to her on a regular basis, and he's the brand-new one!

Carly's smugness that she "saved" Jax from Obrecht was off the charts. Shut up, Carly, he's an international economic shark, he can take care of himself.

Also, he survived falling into your clutches, Carls, I'm sure a roll in the hay with Dr O would be a walk in the park comparably.

So I hear Liz threw some sideways shade at Sarah in favor of Rebecca Budig?  Pfft, whatever.

• Love 4

Jason was actually side eyeing Sonny hiring Dev at the warehouse pretty hard.  It's always nice to see when Jason isn't blindly following Sonny.  It's so rare.  Makes me miss the days when Jason hated Sonny as much as I do.

Maxie's lack of faith in herself is a huge part of her character.  She, like Kristina now, was a bit aimless for a long time.  She settled on fashion because it interests her, but she still has very little faith in her own ability.  That's consistent with her character.  

Lulu has never had that lack of self confidence, that defeatist mindset.  I have no idea why the "bestest reporter ever" hasn't gone back to school to further her perceived awesome.

And, no Monica, it wasn't "yesterday" for FrankenDrew, it was 11-12 years ago.  His fixation is creepy.

Edited by ouinason
  • Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Is there only one high school in Port Charles?  Why is the only alternative to her old school being home schooled? Is this going to be Willow's new job?  Joss would be better off interacting with other teens

This FAKAKTA show can't make up its mind whether PC is a small town with only one or two of each: schools, hotels, hospitals; yet in Golden Era, up until the late 90s, I think? We viewers know and were shown that it's not so small. I remember when Luke and Laura returned in '93, when Lucky was making his way to PC, they showed how metropolitan PC was. I think someone here mentioned it was supposed to be a fictionalized version of Buffalo, NY? Or something. But HackFrank wants to have his cake and eat it too, turning the Nurses Ball into an Emmy/Oscar show wannabe with the cringeworthy "interviews" and "red carpet" on live television, like anyone gives a good goddamn who these people are, since none of them are actors.

ETA:

And Josslyn can just miss me with her overwhelming "grief" over Oscar to the point where she can't handle going back to school. I watched Robin manage to finish school and then some after losing Stone. FrankandHack wishes they could write as well as those that wrote Robin and Stone and Stone dealing with and then dying from AIDS.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3

I think Port Charles is supposed to be a fictionalized version of Rochester, NY.  I don't know where I heard that but Julian and Kim mentioned that NYC is only an hour flight away.  According to Google, BUF-NYC is a 6.4 hour drive.  ROC-NYC is a 5.5 hour drive.  

To this old jet pilot's mind, the ROC-NYC is more of an hour flight distance.  BUF-NYC is probably 1.5 hrs. gate to gate.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

"I can't go to school without Oscar," is such a 13-year-old excuse that it was hurt me because I had to bang on my head to get my eyes rolled back to their regular position.  But I'm actually surprised that the writers missed this opportunity to show what wonderful people Carly and/or Sonny are by having them pontificate about facing life's challenges. 

Again, I'm reminded that Joss's 'run and hide' attitude only serves to highlight how actually brave and strong Robin was after losing Stone and getting her HIV diagnosis.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this stupid Oscar-now-Cam's-car business. I thought they bought him a new car, now it's an 8-year-old car?

And didn't they have it completely checked out to make sure it was safe? Wouldn't somebody have found the $$ by now? Wasn't it also damaged when Cam hit a pothole on the way to Niagara Falls? Wouldn't somebody have found the $$ then? 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm gonna be sad for Monica when Drew/Billy Miller leaves.  He's the only child she's got that's alive and is nice to her/talks to her on a regular basis, and he's the brand-new one!

Which of course is why he's the one who's leaving. Jasus forbid Monica be able to interact with any of her surviving children on a regular basis. SMH.

1 hour ago, Captanne said:

I think Port Charles is supposed to be a fictionalized version of Rochester, NY. 

I've heard this, too. PC is a smallish city, but of course the writers mess with that as the plot dictates.

From Wiki:  Port Charles, New York, is the fictional setting of the ABC Daytime soap operas General Hospital and its spin-offs Port Charles and General Hospital: Night Shift. It was revealed that the Queen's Point setting of The Young Marrieds, a short-lived sister series to General Hospital that ran between 1964 and 1966, was a suburb of Port Charles. Locations within the town are described, below, using in-universe tone. Port Charles is believed to largely represent the city of Rochester, New York.

[emphasis mine]

12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I assumed that she would go for an executive MBA so she could work at the same time but maybe you need an undergrad degree for that too

yes you can't get a masters degree unless you already have a bachelors degree. She would likely qualify for life experience credit, which would lessen her required time in class. But she still needs to get an undergrad degree.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'll find the clip later but there's a scene where Robert has a map and P.C. is right by Buffalo. And like I said, the area code they use is Buffalo, but maybe Rochester has the same area code?

Wiki's not to be trusted. It lists Liz's mom as 'Andrea Trent'.

• Love 2

WTF with Monica endlessly harranging Kim to go after Drew and rekindle their romance, like she will regret not trying to steal someone's husband who has fake memories implanted later if she doesn't jump on that opportunity today! I guess Monica don't give a shit about Liz.  

14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think Alexis is the only contract female character who has any sort of college degree. (Kim does, but she's new.) I get the showing school is boring, but fast-track it like they did Emily, who got her MD over a commercial break. I don't care, I just want to see education valued instead of scoffed at as useless and for squares. Ugh.

Molly is well educated.  But we rarely see her.  (and, we all know what happened when Kristina tried to go to college.  Multiple times....)  One out of three for Alexis.

13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I assumed that she would go for an executive MBA so she could work at the same time but maybe you need an undergrad degree for that too.

Also, I have trouble believing that a Corinthos/Jax child wouldn't be in a fancy private school, with all sorts of security precautions.  But, Cam/Oscar/Trina seem like regular kids, so it would appear she goes to public school?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

WTF with Monica endlessly harranging Kim to go after Drew and rekindle their romance, like she will regret not trying to steal someone's husband who has fake memories implanted later if she doesn't jump on that opportunity today! I guess Monica don't give a shit about Liz.  

Monica said something about it would be awful for Elizabeth to lose her husband. She wasn't suggesting that Kim should try to be with Franco who thinks he's Drew; she said that Kim is the one person familiar to Franco right now and the idea seems to be hey Kim, could you stay because I value your work in this hospital, it would be great if you could sort of help with the Franco situation/give him a reason to stay here and yes I acknowledge I would like to know about my son's life before he came to Port Charles. 

I would have liked either Monica or Jason (ha!) to voice concern that her grandson/his son's life is disrupted by this and someone needs to think about the emotional fallout. Jason claims to love Jake, how about stepping up and spending more time with him as a way to say "hey, I know this is rough for you because you care about him, I'm here for you."

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MarciNJ said:

Molly is well educated.  But we rarely see her.  (and, we all know what happened when Kristina tried to go to college.  Multiple times....)  One out of three for Alexis.

Which makes it even weirder that they had Molly go to PCU versus a better college. Her parents went to Harvard and Yale and she is super smart, serious about school, and a published author. And this was after they had Kristina at Wesleyan and Morgan at Vanderbilt 

• Love 3

Hey Scott, why are you acting like it's Elizabeth's responsibility to handle the Franco situation? He could also be spending time doing research and making phone calls, instead of going over to the Metrocourt and drinking with Ava. Ass. Some viewers will be in pain from rolling their eyes at "The Franco we love" crap.

Elizabeth's hair looks great, though, and it's nice to know she's in touch with Patrick.

The "I'm entitled to information about my son" approach to a mother mourning her dead son when he knows from Drew (and refers to BM's character as Drew!) that Oscar died just shows Franco's personality is about entitlement/lack of boundaries regardless of any medical procedure to his brain. Good for Kim for pushing back rather than giving in to the attempts at emotional manipulation.

Did I miss that Franco has an ankle monitor? Is that from the PCPD because he punched Chase??

Some of you called it that Drew would decide to go to Afghanistan to 'undo' Shiloh and the dead guy's crime.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I guess Monica don't give a shit about Liz.  

I don't either, so eh.

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

And this was after they had Kristina at Wesleyan and Morgan at Vanderbilt 

I'll never not laugh at Morgan attending Vanderbilt. And yes, I know Sonny pulled strings to get him in there, but still.

23 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Did I miss that Franco has an ankle monitor? Is that from the PCPD because he punched Chase??

The guy you called an ass is responsible. It was the only way to keep him in PC for Liz, etc. It was a conditional way to let him be released from jail.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 2