Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Oh my GOD Drew searching Cam's car and immediately finding a package of over a MILLION dollars that's just been kicking around in that trunk like a forgotten present off the back of Santa's sleigh for over SEVEN years is so stupid it HURTS. This is Billy's exit?? This slapdash utterly improbable reason to hightail it to Afghanistan while leaving behind two of his closest friends in turmoil as well as his daughter does not work for me, at all. The memory swap stuff, while not my favorite, at least had a proper foundation and relates back to existing show history. But the hastily included details of the car and the money and Shiloh the ultra-baddie makes little to no sense, and damn, I wanted better for Drew. And I especially wanted better for Billy, who was sadly never, ever utilized to his full potential.

• Love 22
51 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

(and refers to BM's character as Drew!)

How weird was that?  I even wondered if it was a blooper on RoHo's part.  Unless he's playing it that he knows that he's Franco, but since he has Drew's memories, he's acting on them.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Love 1

So, Drew's taking the money back to Afghanistan.  And then what?  He's never coming back?  No one will be in charge of Aurora?  Scout's father just disapears?  Franco remains "Drew"?  Or will he be presumed dead, and return in a year with a new face?  I want Billy to stay dang it.  

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, Linny said:

Oh my GOD Drew searching Cam's car and immediately finding a package of over a MILLION dollars that's just been kicking around in that trunk like a forgotten present off the back of Santa's sleigh for over SEVEN years is so stupid it HURTS.

How much space does a million dollars take up?  A shoebox? 

How can one just take a million bucks to a foreign country?  I would assume there would be all kinds of legal hassle.  And what will he do with it when he gets there?  Stand on a street corner and hand it out?

• Love 8

I’m really sick of how Sonny talks to Ava. His misogyny was gross 25 years ago and it’s even worse in 2019, especially since it hasn’t been addressed since the Guza years. It makes really sad that he’s Avery primary caregiver. At least he wasn’t around much during Kristina’s childhood 

• Love 17

Been on hiatus from the show for a while and just recently starting tuning in again.  I see not much has changed - Sonny is still an ass, Jason and Sam are still less exciting than paint drying, etc.

So Lulu has been divorced for literally less than a day and she's already taken off her ring, changing back her name, and thinking about dating?!  I know the latter was mostly Maxie but still, slow your roll girl.  I get that Dante has been gone forever but  the majority of that time she thought he was coming back so what the hell.  Also, seeing her and Lulu side by side just makes Maxie's hair color look even more grey in comparison.  I hate it.

Although I know it will never happen I wish people would give Ava just a tiny break.  I can't even get into Sonny giving her shit.  Even the psychic lady was judging her.  Thank goodness for Scotty.  I liked his suit too.

The Kim and Franco scenes were good (unpopular opinion I know!).  I also liked Scotty the other day and how he handled seeing Franco in jail.  

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, bannana said:

Man if that is the end of Drew, that is sad and pathetic. 😠

Well, they could have had him leap in front of a bullet meant for Sonny, so there's that.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

The way Sonny talks to Ava is one of the worst things about this show and given how bad it gets at times, that's saying a lot.

On 8/20/2019 at 5:03 PM, ffwbe said:

Sam and Julian had an argument at the PCPD after he was arrested for trying to kill Alexis where she said he isn’t her father anymore. When he responded that she still needed him because of Danny, she said she doesn’t because “Jason is a perfect match”.

Of course he is. There is nothing that Jason isn't perfect at except for things like compassion and integrity.

5 hours ago, MarciNJ said:

Also, I have trouble believing that a Corinthos/Jax child wouldn't be in a fancy private school, with all sorts of security precautions.  But, Cam/Oscar/Trina seem like regular kids, so it would appear she goes to public school?

To be honest, I can't understand why Charlotte isn't in a private school as well as Joss. Is the show trying to fake make them ordinary kids? I bet Valentine spent his life in private schools and he's a snob. Jax should be well aware of them as the Australian system is super competitive about which schools kids go to.

Both of them should be in private schools. Both families have more than enough money for it.

54 minutes ago, ciarra said:

How can one just take a million bucks to a foreign country?  I would assume there would be all kinds of legal hassle.  And what will he do with it when he gets there?  Stand on a street corner and hand it out?

I was wondering the same. And since it was illegal money, there's no real way to return it to the people who were ripped off.

Since it's Drew, I wish he would found a school in Oscar's name with the money. A school for girls would be nice.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Well, they could have had him leap in front of a bullet meant for Sonny, so there's that.

Or tell Sonny and Carly it was an honor to have known them on the way out the door.

Charlotte goes to public school because Lulu and Dante insisted.

Joss, I think probably goes to public school because of all the issues and problems that both Kristina and Michael had as private high school students.  That's a guess.  I think Molly WANTED to go to public school.  Morgan never went past elementary school outside of military school from what I remember.  

Emily went to public school as well, to be with Lucky and to maintain the kind of school life she was used to with Paige.  Dillon went to public school because he wanted to, I think he had gone to private school in Europe with Tracy.  Jason and AJ went to boarding school, I assume Ned did as well.  Brooke Lynn went to public school in Brooklyn as well as PC.

Writing wise, they obviously keep the teenagers to the same school for ease of storytelling.  I think it would be more of a WTF if Cameron were at a private school than Joss at PCH.

Charlotte goes to public school because Lulu and Dante insisted.

Joss, I think probably goes to public school because of all the issues and problems that both Kristina and Michael had as private high school students.  That's a guess.  I think Molly WANTED to go to public school.  Morgan never went past elementary school outside of military school from what I remember.  

Emily went to public school as well, to be with Lucky and to maintain the kind of school life she was used to with Paige.  Dillon went to public school because he wanted to, I think he had gone to private school in Europe with Tracy.  Jason and AJ went to boarding school, I assume Ned did as well.  Brooke Lynn went to public school in Brooklyn as well as PC.

Writing wise, they obviously keep the teenagers to the same school for ease of storytelling.  I think it would be more of a WTF if Cameron were at a private school than Joss at PCH.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I also remember there was a private school that Kristina and Michael attended. And Kristina's friend that she tried to hook Michael up with - remember her? - she dropped dead after that bus crash years ago. Maybe Port Charles High is just the better school? Private schools aren't always academically superior.

But, yeah, ease of storytelling.

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

??? Would you please clarify, @HeatLifer?  

I just find it humorous how Liz can be in contact with Patrick but not Lucky. Lucky is irrelevant to this canvas and knowing his history (we saw this character since childhood, he is LUKE & LAURA’S SON) compared to Patrick made it even more funny.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

I can't believe that Lucky would just take Laura's word and shrug it off to go do some "adventure" or whatever.  It bothers me.  I shall fanwank that Lucky showed up as soon as his current thing was over and is helping the kids deal with this shit off screen.

• Love 2

So BM’s exit is going to be flying off to Afghanistan to return Shiloh’s dirty money? Seriously? To whom exactly? The Taliban? As he pointed out to Frew, he doesn’t know anyone there and anyone he did know is probably gone. Or dead. And doesn’t one need a visa and/or permission from the state dept to visit that country? 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Linny said:

who was sadly never, ever utilized to his full potential.

Who is? 

4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The way Sonny talks to Ava is one of the worst things about this show and given how bad it gets at times, that's saying a lot.

It's so, so gross. There's a real ugliness to it that's totally uncalled-for.

Drew is flying private, he can travel with a million bucks without too much trouble.

Did I miss something? (Entirely likely.) How did Tex's car end up in Port Charles?

Ugh, I wish Dev had stolen the money and Sonny sent him back to Turkey. He's insufferable.

Wow, BM really left with a whimper. I guess better than a bang, given how many characters get killed.

Tomorrow: Shiloh and Nelle should be good and soapy, but of course it won't be.

• Love 6

Shiloh has failed at just about everything, but please let him take Peter down. I can't stand him and Maxi's zero-chemistry hanging out.

Drew's exit was fucking absurd and rushed. 

OMG, they still think Chachi can be a thing!

This show is on fumes.  

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

This show is on fumes.  

Fumes are insulted.

3 hours ago, Hater said:

Liz called Patrick today to ask for advice.  I guess Liz doesn't even call Lucky.

And the randomest of all random scenes goes to...

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Drew is flying private, he can travel with a million bucks without too much trouble.

Can he take a few bricks of cocaine with him?  Assault rifles?

• Love 1

I said in the spoiler thread they'll probably never bring up Drew again, but I guess they will with this Peter stuff. (Maxie: Peter! How could you do that to that guy! DIDN'T YOU THINK OF JAMES??)

(And what's different here? Doesn't everyone know that Peter was involved with the Jason switch? Do they think Peter only was involved in holding Jason hostage? Also, please let Helena and Peter have had sex, and THAT's the reason Maxie dumps him. (Even though I know that would wound @TeeVee329. Sorry man, the comedy/horror gold is too much for me to resist.)

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Benji said:

So are they going to eventually kill off Drew in Afghanistan ?  Otherwise, how are they going to explain why he left and DOESN'T COME BACK ! 

They won't.   This show had no use for him unless played by Roger.

If they do it will be something like @statsgirl  "he opened up a school for poor Afghani children."  

Edited by Hater
3 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

And Kristina's friend that she tried to hook Michael up with - remember her? - she dropped dead after that bus crash years ago.

Allie. I rewatched that somewhat recently, just for kicks.

35 minutes ago, Benji said:

So are they going to eventually kill off Drew in Afghanistan ?  Otherwise, how are they going to explain why he left and DOESN'T COME BACK ! 

He gets captured? Hope not, but you never know with this show.

49 minutes ago, Benji said:

I think he'll come back -- he'll just look a little different. 😉

• LOL 2

I mean, it would be entirely consistent for GH to finally write a complex story for Drew now that BM is gone and they can recast.  And probably tease Dream when Jason pisses off Sam by putting Carly before his own family. Which he will do.  It's only a matter of time

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Linny said:

Oh my GOD Drew searching Cam's car and immediately finding a package of over a MILLION dollars that's just been kicking around in that trunk like a forgotten present off the back of Santa's sleigh for over SEVEN years is so stupid it HURTS. This is Billy's exit?? This slapdash utterly improbable reason to hightail it to Afghanistan while leaving behind two of his closest friends in turmoil as well as his daughter does not work for me, at all. The memory swap stuff, while not my favorite, at least had a proper foundation and relates back to existing show history. But the hastily included details of the car and the money and Shiloh the ultra-baddie makes little to no sense, and damn, I wanted better for Drew. And I especially wanted better for Billy, who was sadly never, ever utilized to his full potential.

The scene where Drew found the money in 2.5 seconds was absolutely RIDICULOUS. It also made no sense that Cam suddenly was going to sell the car that he was so excited about like two weeks ago, plus the fact it belonged to his dead best friend. They really tried to make it work so suddenly here, and if the point was to get Drew to Afghanistan, couldn't they have just made it that the money was there which is why he had to go? Not that it would still make much sense for him to abruptly leave, but it makes more sense than this retconned car nonsense.

Spoiler

I do wonder if he'll be presumed dead at some point during this mission, either on the flight or in Afghanistan? The spoilers seem to indicate Jason telling Monica bad news and it would better why he never returns. If he is going to be presumed dead, I do hope it's a mysterious plane crash without a body, leaving the door even wider open for an eventual return. I want him back someday for Monica and Scout!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

He walks into the Metro Court today with no purpose other than to berate her and warn her that she'd better not be hungover tomorrow for her day with Avery or he'll take her to court and heavily implies he'll bribe the judge to win.  That goddamned fucker.  As if he's pristine. 

• Love 13

I had to turn it off today after the intro scenes. The violence that Sonny and Shiloh brought forth in my mind was so intense I couldn't continue watching, even to say goodbye to my beloved Drew. I wanted Ava to break her cocktail glass and just carve up Sonny's face and then shove it into his brain. Then at Pentonville I visualized the phone cord wrapped around Shiloh's neck and pulled until he turned red and his eyes popped. All of that before the theme song. (No, I don't watch horror movies.) I think I need to take a break and just read the forums.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

I wish Peter tells Shiloh to go kick rocks. So he helped Helena take Drew? Everyone knows that he is responsible for holding Jason for 5 years. On this show that was the bigger sin. 

And with Drew leaving, who is going to upset on his behalf?

Scout? Nope.

Monica? Sure but maybe one scene. 

Curtis? He is too busy being a double spy for Valentin and feeling badly for that serial killer Franco.

Sam? HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

The whole Shiloh plot line makes my skin crawl.  I guess it's a nice thing to say that the actor really brings the creepy horribleness but the headlines in today's newspapers bring enough.  I don't need it in my escapism soap, too.  I tend to tune the Shiloh performances out.  (You know when there are annoying ads on the television or social media?  You can tune them out because you know in just a month or so there will be something else in its place?  Yeah.  Like that. This plot line can't go on forever the way it is right now.)

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

I wish Peter tells Shiloh to go kick rocks. So he helped Helena take Drew? Everyone knows that he is responsible for holding Jason for 5 years. On this show that was the bigger sin

I know—this shouldn't be a shock to anyone. Shiloh really has a knack of threatening people with stuff everyone already knows. See: Alexis's hit-and-run.

Edited by dubbel zout
quad posting
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Silly @MarciNJ, girlchild doesn't count!

LOL, yeah, thats what I though. Didn't think it was limited to Corinthos girlchildren.   Now that I think of it, other than Charlotte, are there any other girls outside of the Corinthos/Jax vortex?

21 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

Now that I think of it, other than Charlotte, are there any other girls outside of the Corinthos/Jax vortex?

Only Avery and out-of-town Emma and Georgie II.

12 hours ago, ouinason said:

I mean, it would be entirely consistent for GH to finally write a complex story for Drew now that BM is gone and they can recast.  And probably tease Dream when Jason pisses off Sam by putting Carly before his own family. Which he will do.  It's only a matter of time

Yes, but Sam has learned the error of her ways and now accepts that Carly's family comes first. Besides, how can she get mad at Jason for ignoring the kids when she can barely remember that they exist herself?

• LOL 2
29 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
47 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

Now that I think of it, other than Charlotte, are there any other girls outside of the Corinthos/Jax vortex?

Only Avery and out-of-town Emma and Georgie II. 

I wish that Avery were outside of the Corinthos vortex, but considering Sonny is her father (ugh), I wouldn't really consider her outside.

Edit: I was going to say Molly, but Sonny is her uncle. There's just no escaping. Hoping if Hayden and Finn's baby is ever revealed, that it's a girl. Maybe that was part of her you can be anything you want to be, yadda yadda speech to Maxie.

Edited by tvgoddess
5 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I wish that Avery were outside of the Corinthos vortex, but considering Sonny is her father (ugh), I wouldn't really consider her outside.

Edit: I was going to say Molly, but Sonny is her uncle. There's just no escaping. Hoping if Hayden and Finn's baby is ever revealed, that it's a girl. Maybe that was part of her you can be anything you want to be, yadda yadda speech to Maxie.

I forgot about Emma and Georgie.  Because we never see/hear of them.  Yeah, Avery is ruined by being a Corinthos.  Poor child - she really is cute!

• Love 1

There aren't really any boys outside the Corinthos vortex either other than Aiden and Cam. Jake is Jason's kid so I'd consider him within it, and both Spencer and Wylie/Jonas are definitely within. Even Leo probably goes to Corinthos family occasions with his mom Olivia.

The Corinthos mob has really sucked up the show.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

There aren't really any boys outside the Corinthos vortex either other than Aiden and Cam. Jake is Jason's kid so I'd consider him within it, and both Spencer and Wylie/Jonas are definitely within. Even Leo probably goes to Corinthos family occasions with his mom Olivia.

I think you're right - Rocco also falls under the Corinthos umbrella

13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

James

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I remember people speculating in the early 2000s when Sonny was getting someone pregnant every year that his family was going to take over the show in a decade. Back then Sonny/Carly/Jason/Jason’s gf had a majority of the screentime but they were mostly self contained outside Jason and the Qs and Carly with Bobbie. Nowadays, it’s hard to find someone who doesn’t have ties to them, which makes it even easier to drop them into every storyline. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Scout has nothing to do with Kim, that's why.

Shiloh was trying to manipulate FrancoDrew so of course he brings up Drew's son who FrancoDrew has never met, but Shiloh got to know. FrancoDrew can remember conceiving Oscar with Kim (although of course he doesn't know which time it happened when they were together).

I think mentioning Scout will happen when TPTB want to ramp up the drama with FrancoDrew, Sam and Jason.  Notice Drew didn't respond to the comment "I missed being a father by X months." He didn't want Franco to go straight to Sam to see Scout as soon as he got out of jail.  I'll bet that FrancoDrew will overhear someone say "Sam and Drew's daughter, Scout" and then Sam will answer the door to FrancoDrew stating "I'm here to get to know my daughter. Look, Sam? I don't know you, but I have a right to spend time with my daughter." Then Jason will appear behind her, glaring.

Edited by Bringonthedrama