Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

You know when Franco told Liz just because she wants something doesn't mean its true, she really should have thrown that right back in his face.  He may have Drew's memories and want to be drew, but he's not.

I liked Robert and Mac.  I've never warmed up to this Jordan recast so I would like to see the two brothers work together.

Of course Sonny makes Sasha's illness about him.  Typical.

This has been the first week I've seen new Nina since I haven't watched in a while.  I don't like her.  I know CW is a soap vet but I'm not familiar with any of her former roles so I'm not sure if she's playing MS playing Nina or if this is just the way she acts.  Either way I'm not a fan.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

And today, Robert "I guess I just like paper files" Luddite Scorpio refusing to enter the world of technology. Really, Show? Some of us rickety viewers remember when he had a super-computer behind a secret panel at his home. It was all very James Bond.

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Oh, man, I loved that set.  I was going to say house, but all we ever saw was the living room and the secret room.

No, we got to see two bedrooms, and I think also the kitchen when Robin showed up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I do not give a rat's ass about Sasha.   Not even one tiny little flying fig.    I suppose the character is needed in whatever Byzantine plot the writers have simmering about Jax or Nik or Valentine or Helena or Cassandra or whoever the hell they've tied her to, but I just seriously do not care if she lives or dies.   She's just latest in a very long list of boring Michael Corinthos girlfriends.   

And why the hell can't that guy get a real girlfriend.   One who's not a hooker, or crazy or half-dead imposter.   He's filthy rich, head of a company, sorta nice guy, tall, semi-good looking if you tilt your head and squint.   Why is this such a difficult task???   

Edited by Ladyrain
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Ladyrain said:

She's just latest in a very long list of boring Michael Corinthos girlfriends.   

If she dies, he'll have the hat trick of dead girlfriends:

- One by accident

- One by murder

- One by illness

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

And why the hell can't that guy get a real girlfriend.   One who's not a hooker, or crazy or half-dead imposter.   He's filthy rich, head of a company, sorta nice guy, tall, semi-good looking if you tilt your head and squint.   Why is this such a difficult task???   

He's Sonny Corinthos' son.  Would you want to deal with the Corinthi as your in laws?  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

One by illness

I predict Sasha will be up and around in time for the wedding.  Where the long boring secret comes out.

Or, it would be nice if they need to do genetic testing to treat her, and discover that way that she's not Nina's daughter. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

Well he had Sabrina. I think the main issue is that Michael’s boring and CD doesn’t have romantic chemistry with anyone. I would rather they give up trying to give him girlfriends but barring that, putting him with a Nelle-type schemer makes more sense since otherwise, it’ll just be way too dull (and considering who his mother is, they might be his type). I think pairings between 2 “good” characters only work if there’s serious romantic chemistry

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

- One by murder

Two, if you count his relationship with Kiki and don't take into account that it was the re-cast/second actress for the murder storyline.

Molly looks gorgeous and I enjoyed her moments with Alexis. Hey Hayden, given that you dumped Finn in a letter and you're lying to his face about his daughter, you don't get to question him and others about his personal life in the time since you left town. Robert, dear, Anna isn't invested enough in Finn for him to ever truly hurt her.

I'm feeling a little whiplash about Neil going from very recently telling Alexis it's okay to "wave hello" but their lives are not each other's business to now "ask me anything" and flirting with her.

Jax FTW. Go away, Sonny.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

How long were Hayden and Nikolas even together? I’m glad Alexis and Molly gave her a look when Hayden said she still considered herself a Cassadine because that was bizarre. Also, what information does she think she would be able to provide about the Cassadines to Molly that Alexis couldn’t? Even the anecdotes about Wyndemere wouldn’t mean much since it’s not like that house has been in their family for generations, they bought it when they came here in the 90s

• Love 2

Nina's exchange with Sonny today highlighted my major issue with CW: there's no longer any edge or venom to Nina and instead she's mostly giving us wide-eyed stares. She seemed rattled and intimidated by Sonny and like she really needed Jax to jump in to rescue her, which is a far cry from the old Nina who could stand her ground and defend herself and issue verbally merciless attacks to anyone she saw fit. If the show is trying to adapt the character to fit the new actress then fine, but so far she hasn't found her groove for me.

Dammit, Curtis, NO. We have so few good men on this show, do NOT debase yourself by acting as a thug for Valentin fucking Cassadine just to pay off Jordan's medical bills. It's ludicrous that he'd think that would be a better option than going into debt or you know, picking up literally ANY other job in the world that's not illegal.

Neil and Alexis bring out the ridiculous inner teenage girl side of me who just wants to squeal that wheeee!, Alexis' crush likes her back!! Love, love, LOVE the vibe between those two.

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

How long were Hayden and Nikolas even together? I’m glad Alexis and Molly gave her a look when Hayden said she still considered herself a Cassadine because that was bizarre. Also, what information does she think she would be able to provide about the Cassadines to Molly that Alexis couldn’t? Even the anecdotes about Wyndemere wouldn’t mean much since it’s not like that house has been in their family for generations, they bought it when they came here in the 90s

I'm pretty sure Hayden doesn't know anything more than Alexis. Hayden and Jax are already on record as trying to find something at Wyndemere. She's more interested in finding out what Molly knows about the house and hidden passageways and whatever. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, rur said:

I'm pretty sure Hayden doesn't know anything more than Alexis. Hayden and Jax are already on record as trying to find something at Wyndemere. She's more interested in finding out what Molly knows about the house and hidden passageways and whatever. 

Thanks, I missed a couple days but that makes so much more sense.

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I'm feeling a little whiplash about Neil going from very recently telling Alexis it's okay to "wave hello" but their lives are not each other's business to now "ask me anything" and flirting with her.

I thought their scenes were adorable but that was definitely a weird transition from the last time we saw them talking. I thought I missed some scenes. I guess we can figure that he’s been going to sessions with Kevin offscreen and changed his mind about no contact since he seemed to initiate everything this time around. Kevin did allude to him that he’s keeping Alexis at arms length because she’s the first woman he has been interested in since his ex-wife 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It was a little fast, but they're so darn cute, I'm fine with it.

3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Also, what information does she think she would be able to provide about the Cassadines to Molly that Alexis couldn’t?

Hayden and Jax are looking for a codicil to Miko's will that give the fortune back to it's "rightful heir".  They think it's in the trophy room, so I'm sure she's trying to get information on how to get into that room to look for it.  

3 hours ago, Linny said:

: there's no longer any edge or venom to Nina

But at the same time, she's dealing with a very sick daughter, so that can take the edge off of a person.  My problem is what they're dressing her in.  Seriously ugly stuff.  

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

It was a little fast, but they're so darn cute, I'm fine with it.

Hayden and Jax are looking for a codicil to Miko's will that give the fortune back to it's "rightful heir".  They think it's in the trophy room, so I'm sure she's trying to get information on how to get into that room to look for it.  

But at the same time, she's dealing with a very sick daughter, so that can take the edge off of a person.  My problem is what they're dressing her in.  Seriously ugly stuff.  

Why doesn’t Hayden and Jax tell Alexis what they are doing and why, she would want to help.  Add in Laura (for Spencer) and it could be a good story and it doesn’t involve the crappy Corintos crowd

• Love 6

I had to laugh that Sonny barged into the Cassandra stuff. Michael wasn't the target, Sasha was. But of course Sonny has to make it all about him.

LOL at Molly and Alexis's reaction when Hayden said she was a Cassadine. Okay, Princess.

Another LOL at Neal's "dagger to the heart" gesture and Alexis telling him no dagger references. Hee. I wonder if the same writers are writing Neal and Alexis as well as Willow and Chase, because there's a similar intentional wit and lightness.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I imagine that Hayden and Jax ran into Spencer who convince them to his cause. Hayden because she loves him and Jax because he thinks it is the right thing to do.

2 hours ago, blondiek237 said:

Why doesn’t Hayden and Jax tell Alexis what they are doing and why, she would want to help.  Add in Laura (for Spencer) and it could be a good story and it doesn’t involve the crappy Corintos crowd

Well, Alexis was the attorney on record that proved Valentin's claim was true, so I would think that she would have to recuse herself.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

OMG, could Sonny be anymore of an asshole? 

For the love of all that is holy, please rescind this question because I fear the writers will take it as a dare.

5 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I thought their scenes were adorable but that was definitely a weird transition from the last time we saw them talking. I thought I missed some scenes. 

I absolutely agree with you.  You did not miss any scenes. The only thing we know since their last awkward scenes at the pub and the scenes inside and outside of Kevin's office is that Diane overheard Neil with some woman agreeing that there would not be a second date.

19 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Hayden because she loves him and Jax because he thinks it is the right thing to do.

Hayden loved the attention she got from Spencer (at a time when she was not confident being around kids) while choosing not to see his entitled brat behavior. Jax tried to raise Spencer for a while as his own son when Spencer was a baby, so maybe he still feels some attachment to the kid or maybe it's just because Spencer is grand nephew to Alexis.  

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Hayden loved the attention she got from Spencer (at a time when she was not confident being around kids) while choosing not to see his entitled brat behavior. .  

I'm drawing a blank here, because I don't remember much of this,.Hayden cared about Spencer and he cared about her, they got along, everything was good. But they didn't push them down our throats like with Britt. I don't really remember Hayden being much exposed to Spencer's bratty behavior either...are you sure you're not confusing her with Britt? And I do remember Hayden asking Laura not to send Spencer to boarding school after Nik's "death" so he wouldn't be without his family. Just saying that she genuinely seemed to care.

I do think that Hayden for sure is hoping to get something out of getting the Cassadine fortune to the rightfull heir, but I do think she's mainly driven by wanting (what I presume is) Spencer to get it. Hayden always loved money but she had a heart. And Alexis and Molly may scoff all they like but she is the one working with Jax for the good of the Cassadines, however not 100% selfless it may be. That's doing more than Alexis is doing.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I had to laugh that Sonny barged into the Cassandra stuff. Michael wasn't the target, Sasha was. But of course Sonny has to make it all about him.

"It could have been Michael!"  Yeah, and if I had bought lottery tickets last night, I could have won money.  Just shut up, Sonny.  Friggin' strutting around town as if he's PC's only hope to find Cassandra.

Speaking of Michael, I'm shocked he told Robert about the medication Cassandra had and its implications.   Can someone tell Sonny that his kid gave the cops info over him? 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

My problem is what they're dressing her in.  Seriously ugly stuff.  

Yup.  Couture?  That looks like my granny's house dress.  Inappropriate for a fashion magazine editor.  At least Maxie isn't the only one with ugly clothes.

Oh goody another round of Peter and Maxie in pjs coming up.  I don't know which couple is most cringe-worthy -- Anna/Finn, Peter/Maxie or Michael/Sasha.  Oh, and I'm not a fan of Lulu/Dustin?  And Rocco needs recasting, stat.

• Love 3

Maybe Neil had such a terrible time on the booze cruise that he decided to give it a try with Alexis. Yes, I have to fanwank a soap opera.

Why is Spencer the rightful heir to the Cassadine money? (Also where did Valentin get $5 million to offer Curtis? ) Is Spencer Nik's legitimate child? Is the estate entailed? If it only goes to legitimate offspring, both Valentin and Spencer are SOOL, if it goes to whoever is the closest relative to Mikos, that's Valentin and Alexis.

4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Nina and Maxie, the two who run a fashion magazine, are by far the worst dressed on the show. Lulu and Laura come close seconds.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

I imagine that Hayden and Jax ran into Spencer who convince them to his cause. Hayden because she loves him and Jax because he thinks it is the right thing to do.

Someone speculated on Twitter that the real "mastermind" that Hayden and Jax were working for is Spencer, and I just wanted to throw up. I know that Hayden adored him and that Jax would feel it's an honorable thing, but just no. He's an over-entitled, spoiled little brat and he's like what, 12 years old? I refuse to accept such a premise. But of course, that's what these writers will do now.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Somehow I'm not sure Hayden is going to give everything to the "rightful heir," even if it's Spencer. She's always been grabby about money. 

She could want to give it to her daughter. Since she doesn't know how Finn will handle the truth of her lying to him and concealing their child, maybe she feels she needs to squirrel some extra cash away for her.

Those cuffs on those sleeves! Just ugh. I'm still completely unimpressed with her scenes. I need much more of a fight from her. She's as boring as Michael.

1 hour ago, Bawoman said:

I'm drawing a blank here, because I don't remember much of this,.Hayden cared about Spencer and he cared about her, they got along, everything was good. But they didn't push them down our throats like with Britt. I don't really remember Hayden being much exposed to Spencer's bratty behavior either...are you sure you're not confusing her with Britt? And I do remember Hayden asking Laura not to send Spencer to boarding school after Nik's "death" so he wouldn't be without his family. Just saying that she genuinely seemed to care.

There's evidence on YT that she cared about Spencer. She left behind a letter for him also when she left. I was thrilled that she mentioned being married to Nikolas today. They've been stepping around that like the elephant in the room.

Previews: Hah, Ava and Julian with him putting his shirt on like they just rolled out of bed together. Ah, Show. Don't try and get on my good side.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, nilyank said:

Well, Alexis was the attorney on record that proved Valentin's claim was true, so I would think that she would have to recuse herself.

Oh please. Like something like that would stop or prevent Alexis from helping Jax, HER BEST FRIEND. Don't forget, this is the show that has people on a jury who KNOW the defendant. An ADA who was the FATHER of the victim, blah, blah, Fishcakes.

Logically, organically, based on their relationship and friendship, Jax would have gone to Alexis instead of being all secretive. But, par for the course on this FAKAKTA show.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Bawoman said:

That's doing more than Alexis is doing.

What should Alexis be doing, though? She doesn't know what's going on.

Heh, that website identifies Cynthia Watros as Laura Wright.

Edited by dubbel zout
spelling, as usual
  • Love 4

They really have been dressing CW terribly.  I wonder if part of it is she's not comfortable with the way they dressed MS, re lots and lots of body-con dresses.  CW is by NO MEANS overweight, but MS's figure was definitely more suited to that style.  Whatever the reason, she looks bad for the EIC of a fashion mag.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Don't forget, this is the show that has people on a jury who KNOW the defendant. An ADA who was the FATHER of the victim, blah, blah, Fishcakes.

And didn't Edward stand up at some point during the trial and say that Johnny should be locked up for good?  And he wasn't removed from the jury.  That was the most ridiculous trial on so many levels.  But, Edward being on the jury really took the cake.  he had made his feelings about that "hoodlum" defendant known on many occasions.   And the main witness lived in his house and was his stepgranddaughter.  Come on ridiculous show.  Oh yeah, and you can't decide it's a capital case after the jury has been impaneled.  There are people who are so against the death penalty that they will refuse to convict in a capital case.  These people are excused from jury duty.  OK, I complained enough about this trial about the time, but it was just ridiculous. 

• Love 1

If all LWB/FS is going to do is whine about what a bad person he is (in a dream or otherwise), hook him up with Ava so they can have a pity party together. 

I loved Felicia's "Thank God! Take the position!" when Mac told her about being chief of detectives. I also liked how supportive Mac was about Felicia's changes to the Floating Rib.

"Maybe someday I'll find a love as great as yours." Oh, Krissy. You don't want that kind of love, trust me.

That giant kid who plays James is in a stroller?

Next week: Sonny makes another threat, and we find out water is wet.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
20 hours ago, Bawoman said:

That's doing more than Alexis is doing.

What should Alexis be doing, though? She doesn't know what's going on.

Yeah. I don't...

Alexis is an attorney. An attorney who actually lived in the huge gothic castle that they're (unsuccessfully) trying to search.

They're planning a legal challenge to get back the assets that Valentin stole after murdering Alexis's beloved nephew and they didn't tell her? And the legal challenge requires them to find something in a place that Alexis lived for years - and where Hayden lived for weeks. But they're not going to tell her about it. How does that make sense?

Is there a chance that Hayden is still married to Nik? Because I absolutely do not believe she'd go to all this trouble for altruistic reasons.

• Love 5

I'm 88% sure that Greenlee Budig Hayden was still married to Nikolas when he died (maybe that should be "died"), so I also think she's got an agenda here.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I'm 88% sure that Greenlee Budig Hayden was still married to Nikolas when he died (maybe that should be "died"), so I also think she's got an agenda here.

According to Wikepedia they were never divorced so she was still married to him when he died.  Can't remember if Alexis legally had him declared dead without a body and if that means that Hayden is no longer legally married to him.  

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That giant kid who plays James is in a stroller?

What horrible casting was that?  James turned 1 in May yet that kid looked like he was at least 4.  

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I also liked how supportive Mac was about Felicia's changes to the Floating Rib.

I thought it was weird that he wouldn't know all the changes she's been making.  Do they not talk when they're home together.  

• Love 3

How boring was that episode? Six hours later, and there are only two comments on it.

I spent the morning with a little boy who was born one month later than James. There is no comparison at all as to size, James must be half giant.

Peter is such a wash as a romantic hero.  Son of Faison and Anna or Alex, he's a wimp.

I loath Sam and Jason, patting themselves on the back for saving Kristina. No acknowledgement of her therapist, or Willow, or that she had already said she was leaving DoD when Sam went back in to sleep with Shiloh.

44 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I thought it was weird that he wouldn't know all the changes she's been making.  Do they not talk when they're home together.  

I could see if Felicia didn't want to tell him about what she'd been doing at their joint bar because she didn't want him to feel bad that he wasn't there.

I loved that Felicia was so successful in making those changes. It's time that she was more than an appendage to Maxie and Nathan or Peter.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I loath Sam and Jason, patting themselves on the back for saving Kristina. No acknowledgement of her therapist, or Willow, or that she had already said she was leaving DoD when Sam went back in to sleep with Shiloh.

Lol I thought the same thing. Sam and Jason’s delusion (or the shows I guess) that they saved the day is laughable. Jason kidnapped Kristina from the house but he wasn’t responsible for her deciding to leave the cult. And all of Sam’s “efforts” didn’t really amount to anything. The only thing they succeeding in doing is getting the pledges back but since Shiloh already knows what they are, it doesn’t really mean much. As we’re seeing playing out now with Alexis 

• Love 3
On 8/29/2019 at 3:44 PM, Linny said:

Neil and Alexis bring out the ridiculous inner teenage girl side of me who just wants to squeal that wheeee!, Alexis' crush likes her back!! Love, love, LOVE the vibe between those two.

Damn it, posts like these are trying to lure me back in but I WILL RESIST. Sigh. But maybe look up clips. Because I'm curious and hate myself for it as a once-Alexis fan. (HATED her with Julian, though. Stick with someone that held a dagger to your throat?! Buh bye. Makes me wonder if NLG vetoed a reunion between Alexis and Julian, as I think there were hints ages ago. If so? THANK YOU, NLG!)

• Love 2

Can I just be repetitive for a second and comment on how great-looking Mac is? Sure he was cute in the 90s when i started watching but now, silver fox with the beard and glasses, he's like a super-hot English lit professor or something.  I didn't even know what he and Felicia were talking about because I was like DAMN.

Ditto to those who say Peter is a whiny wimp.  Is he really Faison's son?  Can we get Maury Povich on this?

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

What's what's-her-face fitness trainer's agenda with Alexis?  She needs a mustache to twirl.

Sam wearing ugly clothes, day 2389.  Metro Court is fairly casual these days but girl, put your pits away.  Even your screwed up, aimless sister is out-dressing you.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Makes me wonder if NLG vetoed a reunion between Alexis and Julian, as I think there were hints ages ago. If so? THANK YOU, NLG!)

That is the rumor, but it was more like she didn't veto completely, just thought it was too fast. There was one interview though with WDV where he said "and Nancy has finally stopped talking about the dagger stuff so much" so I think it's safe to say she was fine with getting another love interest.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Sam wearing ugly clothes, day 2389.  Metro Court is fairly casual these days but girl, put your pits away.  Even your screwed up, aimless sister is out-dressing you.

Wardrobe has just taken the day off on a lot of these female characters. And yeah, I haven't seen today's show yet, but I remember looking at the preview and thinking WTF? Did she just come in from working out?

My muscles are already clenching in anticipation of Forrest Franco Gump telling Liz what a terrible controlling person she is for trying to get him declared unfit.

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I must not be paying close attention or I'm crazy ,but I haven't heard the supposed accent Roger is using for "Drew" at all. 

He had it when he was in lockup but isn’t using it anymore 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I must not be paying close attention or I'm crazy ,but I haven't heard the supposed accent Roger is using for "Drew" at all. 

12 hours ago, ciarra said:

What's what's-her-face fitness trainer's agenda with Alexis?  She needs a mustache to twirl.

We're guessing she has some connection to Keifer, who was Kristina's abusive boyfriend involved in a hit-and-run with Alexis. Revenge! Zzzzzz.

4 hours ago, Sake614 said:
9 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Thank goodness.  I know he was trying to make the character distinct from Franco, but that wasn't the way to do it, given Billy Miller didn't give Drew any sort of drawl.

• Love 2
On 8/29/2019 at 1:35 PM, perkie1968 said:

He's Sonny Corinthos' son.  Would you want to deal with the Corinthi as your in laws?  

I'd rather deal with Sonny than Carly as an inlaw. Plus, there's always the hope that Michael will disown Sonny again and go back to being a Quartermaine. No hope of ever really losing Carly.

13 hours ago, ciarra said:

Sam's wardrobe has been terrible lately. Kelly weighs all of 98 pounds but they manage to find her jeans and tops that make her look like she has a gut they are trying to hide.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Thank goodness.  I know he was trying to make the character distinct from Franco, but that wasn't the way to do it, given Billy Miller didn't give Drew any sort of drawl.

What I wonder about, assuming that RoHo was given at least a little bit of notice about what his character would be doing, is why he didn't study Billy Miller's speech and physical mannerisms. I would think that using those attributes as a base to start playing a "new" character would make more sense than whatever the feck he's been doing.

Edited by rur
"spieling" issues
  • Love 2