Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Good episode without the Foursome of Suck. Hayden and Ava made it all worth it. RBu and MW are incredible. That is all.

And yay for me calling that Hayden had a girl. It makes me happy.

Gross at Maxie/Peter I love you's.

• Love 4

I think Scout is a non-issue for FrankenDrew because he is fixated on the memories of Drew's life that he has.  He knows, intellectually, that he is not Drew Cain, but those memories are what he's got.  Anything after 2012 is not part of that, so not his business.  

Which, objectively, earlier than 2015 or so, Franco's memories are not worth having anyway, so they should just approach it as filling that gap.  Though, I do look forward to someone explaining Franco and Drew's connection to him.

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Good episode without the Foursome of Suck. Hayden and Ava made it all worth it. RBu and MW are incredible. That is all.

Gross at Maxie/Peter I love you's.

Yes, it was mostly a good episode with the various character interactions and not a mention of Jason, Sam, Sonny or Carly either!  I am always happy to see little Aiden, so I adored seeing him with his mom and Aunt Hayden and Cam but I hated the "make us feel safe." It's so inappropriate coming from Aiden of the three boys since Franco kidnapped him when he was a newborn. Now had Jake been there and said it, I would grudgingly find it ok because Franco was Jake's art therapist when Jake came home. Jake is the one who has always felt safe with/been about propping Franco. 

I really find it funny that the Show is so cheap that a recording of "park noise activity" played in the background instead of having any hint of real music or extras as fellow wine tasting attendees. Justin the driver/teacher bringing wine glasses to Maxie and Lulu while orange lighting shines on the three of them passes for a fun evening out in public.

TVGoddess, while I agree with you about the "ILYs," I saw it as a positive thing because that scene followed by Peter lying to her face and then seeing Shiloh (and Maxie and Lulu squealing like teenagers, ugh) made it clear this couple's lame happiness is about to get blown up temporarily if not permanently. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 2

Scout has no ties to FrankenDrew because she was conceived after the 2012 memory cutoff. She has neither biological nor memory connection to him.

If Girl Reporter is writing about wine tasting, why isn't she taking notes? I hate how Lulu thinks she's too good to write weekend features.  There are no small stories, Lulu, just small writers.

I haven't cringed as much in a long time as I did at Maxie and Peter's ILYs. Maxie's hair is the same shade of grey as the dust bunnies that I was cleaning earlier.

Doesn't everyone already know that Peter was involved in Jason's kidnapping and drugging? Shiloh's blackmail is so lame.

• Love 6

I find myself enjoying this awkwardly maternal version of Hayden who offers carrot sticks to Liz's kids and gets all gushy on the phone with her secret daughter. Real talk, though, her baby reveal needs to move at a faster pace than Wiley's or I'm going to lose interest fast. Let's get Anna back in town and get the ball rolling already.

It's totally in character for Ava to admit she hates herself but it still made me sad to hear it. I did like her take on Franco's situation; she's able to miss Franco as her "kindred spirit" while also being jealous of his ability to start anew, which is an opportunity she's never going to fully have available to her while in PC.

Seems like Peter helping Shiloh and concealing it from Maxie would be a hell of a lot more meaningful if the show had bothered maintaining any semblance of a relationship between Maxie and Sam and Lucas, two people who have been hurt by Shiloh and will be upset if he leaves Pentonville. Peter isn't just doing a generic bad thing here, he's contributing to the pain of people Maxie cares about, and the show should acknowledge that fact.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If Girl Reporter is writing about wine tasting, why isn't she taking notes? I hate how Lulu thinks she's too good to write weekend features.  There are no small stories, Lulu, just small writers.

I feel like weekend features would be a lot of fun--something that sourpuss could use in her life.  

• Love 8

I was looking for something yesterday and stumbled upon this old post, and I feel it's time to re-quote it:

On 10/25/2016 at 7:41 PM, fishcakes said:

Franco saved the hospital. Franco is a hero. [drinks entire bottle of vodka]

Thanks fishcakes for making me laugh AND cry.

8 minutes ago, Linny said:

Seems like Peter helping Shiloh and concealing it from Maxie would be a hell of a lot more meaningful if the show had bothered maintaining any semblance of a relationship between Maxie and Sam and Lucas, two people who have been hurt by Shiloh and will be upset if he leaves Pentonville. Peter isn't just doing a generic bad thing here, he's contributing to the pain of people Maxie cares about, and the show should acknowledge that fact.

This is Maxie "If you hurt sweet Liesl you'll answer to me" Jones.

• LOL 1
30 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I hated the "make us feel safe." It's so inappropriate coming from Aiden of the three boys since Franco kidnapped him when he was a newborn.

I didn't like that line either, and I didn't even equate it to Aiden being kidnapped. I just hate that it's always assumed that you need a man around the house to feel safe. I'm a single woman and live alone (without much in the way to protect me either). I feel perfectly safe. And Cam could have said that he could take up the mantle, but I kind of liked that Liz and Hayden said they would all have to chip in there.

32 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

TVGoddess, while I agree with you about the "ILYs," I saw it as a positive thing because that scene followed by Peter lying to her face and then seeing Shiloh (and Maxie and Lulu squealing like teenagers, ugh) made it clear this couple's lame happiness is about to get blown up temporarily if not permanently. 

True. Thank god for small favors.

5 minutes ago, Linny said:

I find myself enjoying this awkwardly maternal version of Hayden who offers carrot sticks to Liz's kids and gets all gushy on the phone with her secret daughter. Real talk, though, her baby reveal needs to move at a faster pace than Wiley's or I'm going to lose interest fast. Let's get Anna back in town and get the ball rolling already.

It's totally in character for Ava to admit she hates herself but it still made me sad to hear it. I did like her take on Franco's situation; she's able to miss Franco as her "kindred spirit" while also being jealous of his ability to start anew, which is an opportunity she's never going to fully have available to her while in PC.

All of this! I felt like Rebecca Budig's facial expressions were so genuine today. It was an interesting contrast to see her dealing with her nephews and sister and then her joy at speaking with her little girl.

I adored Ava's interaction with Franco. She's always been a shoot from the hip type of character. I remember when she first met Sam when Sam actually had somewhat of an interest in being a Jerome. Ava had a little spiel about how people seem to mythologize biological connections. Today reminded me of that scene somewhat. She will miss Franco's friendship, but is ultimately primarily thinking of herself and what she can't have. Wishes unfulfilled.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I didn't like that line either, and I didn't even equate it to Aiden being kidnapped. I just hate that it's always assumed that you need a man around the house to feel safe. I'm a single woman and live alone (without much in the way to protect me either). I feel perfectly safe. And Cam could have said that he could take up the mantle, but I kind of liked that Liz and Hayden said they would all have to chip in there.

Yeah, but you don't live in Port Charles where there is usually a serial killer at large, and that supports 5 families of mobs, even though we usually just see the one.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I looked it up.  Franco has been living with Liz and her kids since August of 2017, which was a year after they started dating.  Frankly I'm surprised that they have been together so long.   I feel like this might be the longest time that Liz has been with anyone at one time.  The stint with Lucky where they got married the first time might be longer, but I'm not sure.

ETA: no, Liz and Lucky were only together that time for a little over 2 years.  Jesus.

Edited by ouinason

Real time, baby girl Barnes is about 2.  They probably SORASed her a bit, but I was talking reasonably well to answer questions and stuff before 3 (according to my mother) so maybe not all that much.

I was thinking the other day that I wish this show would declare a moratorium on rape stories of any kind for at least a year. Maybe that should apply to baby stories, too. This show is drowning in rugrats. Stretch a little, writers. Think of something else, anything else.

(I'm still not over Carly's pregnancy. Christ, Michael was about Joss's current age when Joss was born! Even with SORAS, it's absurd.)

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 7
29 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I was thinking the other day that I wish this show would declare a moratorium on rape stories of any kind for at least a year. Maybe that should apply to baby stories, too. This show is drowning in rugrats. Stretch a little, writers. Think of something else, anything else.

I think the only rape story I've ever liked on any soap ever was Elizabeth's.  And even then they ruined it by having her actually find her rapist the following year.  Otherwise, I thought they did a really good job of showing Elizabeth dealing with things, tying it in with Lucky finding out about his parent's history, and the unfruitful search.  The odds of finding a stranger rapist without any DNA would be next to nil, and even with it if he wasn't in the system.  And that's also the story that gave us the foursome of Lucky/Liz/Emily/Nik. So, even though I hate rape stories, that one gave so much back, I ended up liking it.

• Love 8

Of course LWB/FS chickens out from telling Maxie what Shiloh wanted. If anyone is going to be nonjudgemental, it will be Maxie. Gah. What a wienie.

What a boring episode. Ava/Kevin/Frew were tolerable, as were the Webber house scenes, though they had Elizabeth lay on the sister stuff pretty thick.

I was surprised to find the Shiloh/Nelle stuff good. I like that she knows more than she's letting on, and I hope she totally screws him over re: Wiley.

It's always a good day when I don't have to watch Sonny/Carly/Jason/Dev.

• Love 4

I forgot to say how much I've been enjoying Nelle in Pentonville, and especially today. She's circling in on her prey, and CL is doing a really good job of capturing that. She's a delightfully wicked character.

• Love 13

I don't anything about prison but are male and female prisoners have access in each other's sections. And if there is a prison lockdown, would the guard really leave two prisoners alone?

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I forgot to say how much I've been enjoying Nelle in Pentonville, and especially today. She's circling in on her prey, and CL is doing a really good job of capturing that. She's a delightfully wicked character.

I really love a good crazy villain on soaps. Nelle definitely gives me Heather Webber vibes and I'm here for it!  

• Love 4
11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Of course LWB/FS chickens out from telling Maxie what Shiloh wanted. If anyone is going to be nonjudgemental, it will be Maxie. Gah. What a wienie.

What a boring episode. Ava/Kevin/Frew were tolerable, as were the Webber house scenes, though they had Elizabeth lay on the sister stuff pretty thick.

I was surprised to find the Shiloh/Nelle stuff good. I like that she knows more than she's letting on, and I hope she totally screws him over re: Wiley.

Because I agree with you and feel, as your friend, must point out, it's weenie.😜

I was on the Barge so long, but can someone fill me in as to who Hayden and Liz are sisters? Is Jeff their father? And did he cheat on Liz's mom? Because they seem to be close in age?

13 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

was on the Barge so long, but can someone fill me in as to who Hayden and Liz are sisters? Is Jeff their father? And did he cheat on Liz's mom? Because they seem to be close in age?

Jeff is their dad. Hayden got sick and they found out that Liz 's rare blood could save her, that Hayden's mom knew and cheated with Jeff to have her and that Jeff still did not make an appearance in Port Charles to talk to his daughters.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I was on the Barge so long, but can someone fill me in as to who Hayden and Liz are sisters? Is Jeff their father? And did he cheat on Liz's mom? Because they seem to be close in age?

Yup, Jeff is Hayden's bio father and he's also Liz's father as you know. They got this life-changing news from Franco, of course. Details are sketchy because Liz decided she didn't want to have a confrontational conversation with her father. 

Hayden first appeared at Elizabeth's door claiming to be Jake Doe's wife (aka Jakeson than Drew), because Ric Lansing paid her.  Ric wanted Elizabeth back and so he hired Hayden, not knowing they would turn out to be bio sisters of course. 

• Useful 2
40 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Yup, Jeff is Hayden's bio father and he's also Liz's father as you know. They got this life-changing news from Franco, of course. Details are sketchy because Liz decided she didn't want to have a confrontational conversation with her father. 

Has she even spoken to her father at all in the last 20 years?

10 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I imagine off screen. But he has not attended any of weddings, birth of her boys, when she was sent to the mental hospital,  when Lucky "died," when Jake "died," after she was raped or any major holiday or important family events in her life.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

🙄🙄😒😒

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Hayden first appeared at Elizabeth's door claiming to be Jake Doe's wife (aka Jakeson than Drew), because Ric Lansing paid her.  Ric wanted Elizabeth back and so he hired Hayden, not knowing they would turn out to be bio sisters of course. 

This I knew.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Because I agree with you and feel, as your friend, must point out, it's weenie.😜

My spelling is an acceptable variation. /pedant

49 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Elizabeth's parents have been MIA for most of her time in PC.

• Love 4

I imagine @HeatLifer needs help getting off the floor after laughing hysterically at Sam's line about happiness (when her face and body projects the opposite). The picnic/normal family stuff makes me roll my eyes. I see Show wants the audience to get that Monica is fully invested in the Morgan Family - she gets to stand next to Jason for a full 10 seconds or so! Yippee. 

Please someone make a GIF of Carly's face when Jax "went to get Liesl." 😂Seriously, best moment of Friday!!

Good for Trina for giving Cam and Joss a reality check. Cam's smile at Joss = awwwww.

I assume @GHScorpiosRule enjoyed Robert threatening Peter with obstruction of justice if his actions re:Shiloh qualify.  I also assume Peter's scheming is going to go sideways and Drew and/or Dr. Maddox are going to be presumed dead in some sort of accident. 

Re: previews: Shut up, Kristina.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I imagine @HeatLifer needs help getting off the floor after laughing hysterically at Sam's line about happiness (when her face and body projects the opposite). The picnic/normal family stuff makes me roll my eyes. I see Show wants the audience to get that Monica is fully invested in the Morgan Family - she gets to stand next to Jason for a full 10 seconds or so! Yippee. 

Poor neglected Scout isn't good enough to be part of the Morgan Family of Happiness, and with Drew MIA, Monica at the hospital and at the park today, and Sam not caring about anyone that isn't Jason, I worry about who is watching Scout.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Poor neglected Scout isn't good enough to be part of the Morgan Family of Happiness, and with Drew MIA, Monica at the hospital and at the park today, and Sam not caring about anyone that isn't Jason, I worry about who is watching Scout.

Alice.

13 minutes ago, Hater said:

Alice.

I hope Scout's Aunt Molly or Grandma Alexis. SORASed Scout was last seen with her Daddy and Grandma Alexis.  

How hard would it have been to have Danny say, "Thanks Dad. I wish Scout could be here to watch me play" and then Sam reply: "Maybe next time, Danny. Scout was really looking forward to going to pre-school orientation/friend's birthday party today with Grandma Alexis/Aunt Molly" since God forbid Jason be in the park watching his son play baseball without Sam there to keep him occupied.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I hope Scout's Aunt Molly or Grandma Alexis. SORASed Scout was last seen with her Daddy and Grandma Alexis.  

How hard would it have been to have Danny say, "Thanks Dad. I wish Scout could be here to watch me play" and then Sam reply: "Maybe next time, Danny. Scout was really looking forward to going to pre-school orientation/friend's birthday party today with Grandma Alexis/Aunt Molly."

Sam would have to care first.  If Drew dies, Scout essentially becomes Jason's then she'll accept that child again.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5
47 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I assume @GHScorpiosRule enjoyed Robert threatening Peter with obstruction of justice if his actions re:Shiloh qualify.  I also assume Peter's scheming is going to go sideways and Drew and/or Dr. Maddox are going to be presumed dead in some sort of accident. 

Something to look forward to when I get home!

Man, why can't I get a cheese fondue with Robert and Heinrich?

Because I can't have nice things.

• LOL 1

I kind of understand (I think) why Peter is helping Shiloh. But why doesn't he want Andre to come back and reverse the memory procedure for Franco ?  Does Andre know bad things about Peter ? 

What?! Sam and Jason are actually willingly interacting with Danny, their child? Her top was atrocious. I bet it was a leotard, eesh.

"I never forgot the risks you took carrying Joss to term." What risks? It's always been all talk about Carly's possibility to stroke out, yet it never happens. All that happens is people constantly remind her to take it easy.

LOL at Finn sticking Robert with his lunch bill.

I can't believe Carly is the reasonable one when discussing Joss not wanting to go to school. Indulging Joss is not going to make things better for her.

How much longer do we have to watch Ava wallow? I don't mind her having bad days, but she's constantly whining about not finding peace. How about taking some responsibility for what happened? How about talking to a grief counselor? Someone needs to tell Ava to start actively trying to improve her life instead of waiting for it to happen to her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I imagine @HeatLifer needs help getting off the floor after laughing hysterically at Sam's line about happiness (when her face and body projects the opposite)

I can confirm.

Also, 

“Do you want me to be a regular person?”

YES FUCK YES, WE’VE BEEN WAITING FOR DECADES 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"I never forgot the risks you took carrying Joss to term." What risks? It's always been all talk about Carly's possibility to stroke out, yet it never happens. All that happens is people constantly remind her to take it easy.

And to only eat kale and carrots.  Because a piece of cake would kill her. #DareToDream

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 8/22/2019 at 2:43 PM, statsgirl said:

Like someone tell her to sit down and be humble. She's lucky enough to be a reporter anyway without having to go to college or anything!

• Love 3

Aren't Sam and Jason supposed to, oh I don't know, actually be WATCHING Danny play rather than having a picnic.  Of course Scout was missing.  Jeez.

When Kiki asked Ava how much she actually missed her I so wish she has said not at all and snapped out of her funk.  Kiki is the pits. Even ghost Kiki.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

Ava fans might want to skip my post.

Ava is such a freaking annoying self-pitying whiner. I have no idea what the writers are trying to do with her. Maybe she and Peter will hook up after Maxie dumps him.

In general this was a snooze of an episode.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

I can confirm.

Also, 

“Do you want me to be a regular person?”

YES FUCK YES, WE’VE BEEN WAITING FOR DECADES 

You're the best - this reply literally made me laugh out loud. 🤣  I feel like being a regular person on this show is tricky - you get reduced to falling in love with a 'reformed' serial killer or you get a cat poo virus diagnosis when you declare that a Mob boss's business is a threat to your S.O./family. 

1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Aren't Sam and Jason supposed to, oh I don't know, actually be WATCHING Danny play rather than having a picnic.  

Jason agreed to build a treehouse for Danny and Leo after Oscar died at his request, and Sam hugged Danny that time Jason brought him home from the Quartermaine mansion, but now you want them to watch Danny play baseball too? I just don't know how they can manage to live up to your parenting expectations esp. when Jason needs to share his knowledge of/experience with neuroscience as they discuss the Shiloh/Franco/Drew plot points. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Ava fans might want to skip my post.

Ava is such a freaking annoying self-pitying whiner. I have no idea what the writers are trying to do with her. Maybe she and Peter will hook up after Maxie dumps him.

In general this was a snooze of an episode.

Indeed it was.   I literally slept through the whole thing after the intro scenes.

• Love 1

I guess Jason and Sam are too good to hang out with the other parents. Those two really have NOTHING to say to each other on their beautiful family day, do they? They hem and haw for two seconds and then just start talking about Shiloh/Drew/Franco again. 

Please please please let this Peter bullshit end with Robert leading him away to Steinmow while Maxi looks on in absurd astonishment.

• Love 6