Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

This is just another stall tactic because the show is terrified of trying to actually do something with Lulu and angering that fanbase and I find that creatively pathetic.

I don't think the show is terrified of the lante fanbase at all.  They've never felt like writing for ER/Lulu and it's just more of a convenient stall to not have to write a story.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Can you imagine something like the ‘99 JnR breakup happening today? Like, an ugly parting with relatively no closure? And this was when the show had a shitload of viewers and popularity. It’s social media, dude. It’s these fans who are loud, don’t take bathroom breaks, and just go on and on 24/7. Mindblowing, their power.

I guess that's their logic though, that then they could afford to lose some viewers, now, not so much.

But like I said before I doubt they're terrified of the fanbase, especially when it's probably fractured by a ton back when the original actress left, then the affair and then the actor leaving. They've never shown an inclination to write for Lulu, so it doesn't surprise me that they don't now.

1 hour ago, ouinason said:

Yes, it is a shitty way to give Lulu story, but I'd be pissed if the story was that a mental patient who can't trust his judgement to not murder someone files for divorce and the wife agrees to it.  Like, rage.  He literally can not mage rational decisions on his own. 

Yeah but like teevee said before I think most of the viewers get that it's because the actor is off the show.

But maybe we're all jumping the gun. She plans not to contest but she's gonna start casually dating anyway.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Peter: blee blee blee bloo, blah blah blah, and oh yeah throw in a random mention of the baby you have, it's been like two months since you've said anything.

I guess I am just an incredibly shallow person because I can't think about anything in the scene because I am wondering what the heck is going on with Maxie's face. It's not that she looks so very terrible, but something is going on there and I can't figure out what? I don't think she's ill, thankfully, because she looks healthy and alert, but is it just her make-up? The skin? The lighting? All of the above? Like I said, I'm shallow.

I guess today's "Chase has a dangerous job" stuff is the start of Willow turning to the stable-job-having arms of gentle ax murderer Michael.

@HeatLifer has written all my feelings about the Franco stuff. Sigh, I liked the Drew and Cam scenes. Him as stepdad wouldn't make me want to throw a hammer at my screen!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

Friday's episode probably contained the most dialogue - in scenes with Roho -  that Liz has been permitted since she got stuck in Franco's shadow. 

Hard Pass on Shiloh's identical twin brother coming to PC unless he's a doctor (not of the shrink persuasion) at GH. 

I am still trying to wrap my head around Jason being OK with letting Liz search for Cameron at a dangerous section of Port Charles at night. 

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, sunnyface said:

I am still trying to wrap my head around Jason being OK with letting Liz search for Cameron at a dangerous section of Port Charles at night. 

Especially given that it's only a few hours since Sam was nearly killed by Shiloh.

Liz is only the mother of his son. Now if it were Carly ...

10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

But again, Dante's not on the show, he hasn't been a regular character for over a year.  So we're gonna see her fight the divorce over the phone, against a dayplayer lawyer?  This is just another stall tactic because the show is terrified of trying to actually do something with Lulu and angering that fanbase and I find that creatively pathetic.

I think it has less to do with the fanbase and more that they're hoping DZ will return and a lack of interest in writing for Lulu. (I think Maxie would still be on chorus duty if Frank wasn't trying to give WR things to do.)

For me, a storyline where Lulu accepts that Dante's decision comes from a place of illness and isn't willing to just throw her marriage away is more interesting than signing the divorce papers and starting to date some character who isn't even on the show right now.

• Love 3

Or it could be possibly that they are slightly nervous about moving Lulu onto an OLTL actor. I think if they are hoping DZ might come back even they think it won't be at least for a few years.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Or it could be possibly that they are slightly nervous about moving Lulu onto an OLTL actor.

I dunno, not after the way Roger Howarth and Michael Easton have been shoved down our throats, and gotten core characters like Carly, Liz, Anna, and Sam used as their anchors.  Though drawing the line at, IMO, actually appealing and charming Mark Lawson would be very Frank.

I just think it's bad soap to handcuff an on-screen character because you hope an off-screen actor will return eventually.  If DZ does want to come back someday, they can figure it out, but it shouldn't stop them from doing something, anything, with Lulu now.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
39 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I dunno, not after the way Roger Howarth and Michael Easton have been shoved down our throats, and gotten core characters like Carly, Liz, Anna, and Sam used as their anchors.  Though drawing the line at, IMO, actually appealing and charming Mark Lawson would be very Frank.

Ha, yeah, but maybe that's where they'd set their limit? I don't know. I think right now also they may just have their summer stories plate full and get around to stuff with Lulu in a month or two. If ML is indeed meant for Lulu. Maybe there'll be some ML/Lulu/Peter/Maxie quad.

Edited by ulkis
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I do think that she's right to fight the divorce.

Lulu told Willow she wasn't going to fight Dante in court, so how exactly will she do this? Not respond? That's the equivalent of plugging her ears and saying, "Lalalalala, I can't hear you," which I'm pretty sure won't work even in the Port Charles justice system.

What Lulu should do is petition the court to have the divorce stuff delayed until Dante gets out of treatment. That gives Lulu a bit of breathing room to develop feelings for Mark Lawson's character as well as providing an immediate story if (and I think it's a big if) DZ returns. If he doesn't, they can say Dante is well enough to know what he wants and the divorce goes through.

31 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I just think it's bad soap to handcuff an on-screen character because you hope an off-screen actor will return eventually.  If DZ does want to come back someday, they can figure it out, but it shouldn't stop them from doing something, anything, with Lulu now.

That's totally Frank's MO. It's how he treated Billy Miller when he was Jason. We all knew it was a placeholder until Frank could get SBu back.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I loved how Chase and Willow kept kissing when Drew was trying to calm Cameron down. They're just so damn cute together, and I hate that they're likely going to be broken up any second. Lulu's planted that stupid idea in her head that she might have gotten to eventually, but not this early. Cue Michael. Blech.

Thank you, Robert, for being my hero this episode. Spelling out everything that sucks about Peter was music to my ears. Shut up, Maxie. Shut up, Lulu.

I think the Franco stuff has been covered pretty well, so I'll just keep my thoughts to myself on that one.

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I loved how Chase and Willow kept kissing when Drew was trying to calm Cameron down. They're just so damn cute together, and I hate that they're likely going to be broken up any second.

I like Sasha better than Willow, so if there was a switch up there for a while I wouldn't mind. Or even a ONS with Lulu, but that's all. No superstepdadFranco mode for Chase, thanks.

But yes, he was super adorable with his WTF looks when Willow was freaking out and then teasing her about it.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ByaNose said:

The actor playing Cameron is a good actor but he doesn’t know how to cry. He makes a face it can’t do tears. I miss the days of Jonathan Jackson and his water works. 

I was seeing comments everywhere about how he was so great and "Give him the Emmy now!" and I was like, but dude can't cry.  Those faces he was making as he attempted to cry were horrible.

5 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I loved how Chase and Willow kept kissing when Drew was trying to calm Cameron down.

That was so out of place and inappropriate based on what was going on around them.  I was like, "What the hell?  They're right there."  It was something that I didn't need to see.  I know that couple has their fans, but I don't get it.  Those two are on my list of useless characters.  I don't care for them.  They haven't given me a reason to care for them.  I don't care about their romance.  They can go.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

I was seeing comments everywhere about how he was so great and "Give him the Emmy now!" and I was like, but dude can't cry.  Those faces he was making as he attempted to cry were horrible.

I saw the same reviews and accolades. He was good but he can’t cry to save his life and really makes ugly faces like he is trying to make himself cry. Once again, he did an adequate job but the lack of crying ability sort of ruined it for me. Also, it’s not just because he’s young. I know a lot of mature or seasoned soap actors who can’t cry either.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

That was so out of place and inappropriate based on what was going on around them.  I was like, "What the hell?  They're right there." 

I thought it was very realistic. Lulu had just put the fear of god in Willow basically about Chase not coming home the second he leaves home. She was freaked out by his text and wasn't thinking clearly. She just saw the word hospital right after that conversation, not adhering to details of the words "at" and "in" like Chase pointed out. They've had to cut short time together due to his work. Public displays of affection at the hospital probably aren't the best venue, but considering the circumstances, I don't see it as particularly egregious. She had no idea what was going on with Drew and Cameron and was just grateful Chase was okay.

As far as me giving a reason to care, it's just nice that two decent people (and looks don't hurt because I'm shallow that way) have been able to be together in a relationship despite her past history having been brainwashed and sexually abused. He's been her champion, treating her with kindness, decency and respect, never pushing her beyond what she's comfortable with. They're cute, sweet and sexy. But everyone's cup of tea is different. Are they exciting? Probably not. They're no Ava and Ryan, who I also am a fan of, despite the wrongness of it. But I still like them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I don't know why they had Lulu make that point about cops.  Really, Maxie would be a better person to be randomly like "No way am I ever dating/marrying a cop ever again.  I knew better the last time, but I loved the big wooden dummy and now I'm a widowed single mother." while drinking at the bar or something.  She's loud enough, Willow could just be in the same room...

I mean, Jesus, Maxie has had ...5?... major relationships in her life not counting Peter (cause I don't hate them, but not major yet, if ever) 3 were cops, all 3 died.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, ouinason said:

I don't know why they had Lulu make that point about cops.  Really, Maxie would be a better person to be randomly like "No way am I ever dating/marrying a cop ever again.  I knew better the last time, but I loved the big wooden dummy and now I'm a widowed single mother." while drinking at the bar or something.  She's loud enough, Willow could just be in the same room...

I mean, Jesus, Maxie has had ...5?... major relationships in her life not counting Peter (cause I don't hate them, but not major yet, if ever) 3 were cops, all 3 died.

*nods* Maxie + cops are like Michael + women.

• LOL 4
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:23 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Lucy today: "A very good friend of mine almost died today from being locked in a freezer."

Me: Since the fuck when is Sam a dear friend of yours?  This fakkata show.

Thank you!  I was wracking my brain to try to remember how or when they were good friends.  And why was Lucy going on about how this experience showed her just how random life is and how fleeting, or whatever she said.  Really?  Lucy has had plenty of experience with loss and near death.  The whole thing was bizarre.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

If only this latest brush with mortality had inspired Lucy to scheme with Scotty to GET ONE OF THEIR DAUGHTERS TO MOVE TO TOWN AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

They're safer off screen.

• Love 3
On 8/11/2019 at 10:43 AM, tvgoddess said:

I thought it was very realistic. Lulu had just put the fear of god in Willow basically about Chase not coming home the second he leaves home. She was freaked out by his text and wasn't thinking clearly. She just saw the word hospital right after that conversation, not adhering to details of the words "at" and "in" like Chase pointed out. They've had to cut short time together due to his work. Public displays of affection at the hospital probably aren't the best venue, but considering the circumstances, I don't see it as particularly egregious. She had no idea what was going on with Drew and Cameron and was just grateful Chase was okay.

As far as me giving a reason to care, it's just nice that two decent people (and looks don't hurt because I'm shallow that way) have been able to be together in a relationship despite her past history having been brainwashed and sexually abused. He's been her champion, treating her with kindness, decency and respect, never pushing her beyond what she's comfortable with. They're cute, sweet and sexy. But everyone's cup of tea is different. Are they exciting? Probably not. They're no Ava and Ryan, who I also am a fan of, despite the wrongness of it. But I still like them.

I was paying attention to the drama that was going on.  I didn't need or care to see them.  I didn't need to see them kissing in the background.  Drew and Cam walked into the scene and they were right there.  I didn't think they would be that close.  It's like they lingered on them for a little bit, too.  Get out of there.  Let's focus on the important stuff.

Sexy is not a word I would use to describe that pairing.  Hell, I wouldn't even use cute or sweet.  Annoying, yes.  Boring, too.  What's the conflict there?  Harrison (and we all know why he's popular) is a total good guy and Willow is...yeah.  So, what's the conflict there?  They're not an interesting pairing.  They're not interesting characters.  They were two newbies thrown together for whatever reason and I'm supposed to care about two new characters falling in love?  No.

47 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

I was paying attention to the drama that was going on.  I didn't need or care to see them.  I didn't need to see them kissing in the background.  Drew and Cam walked into the scene and they were right there.  I didn't think they would be that close.  It's like they lingered on them for a little bit, too.  Get out of there.  Let's focus on the important stuff.

Sexy is not a word I would use to describe that pairing.  Hell, I wouldn't even use cute or sweet.  Annoying, yes.  Boring, too.  What's the conflict there?  Harrison (and we all know why he's popular) is a total good guy and Willow is...yeah.  So, what's the conflict there?  They're not an interesting pairing.  They're not interesting characters.  They were two newbies thrown together for whatever reason and I'm supposed to care about two new characters falling in love?  No.

Sure I like Chase because he's hot. But if that's all it took I'd like Nathan and Griffin and NuDillon too.

Willow and Chase had no idea what was going on around them. Well, Willow didn't. They were in the background for a second kissing while Drew and Cam walked into the shot.

I mean not that you have to like them obviously. But a lot of people do. And Chase has been on the show for a year and a half now, plenty of characters that had been on for less than that long were popular and in popular pairings.

I'm sure they'll get conflict soon.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

I really like Laura being the mayor. She's smart and capable, and having her in an actual position of authority is great.

Sonny couldn't have shaved for his father's fake wedding?  That story is so past it's Best Before date.

TWO YEARS, Kevin, two years before Neil is allowed to date a former patient. Instead, ask him why he chose to be the therapist instead of dating the first woman he's been attracted to since his divorce.

If Julian really is off the show, I hope Kristina takes over Charlie's.  I've grown fond of the set.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, superdeluxe said:

That's fine. We won't see eye to eye, so we can just agree to disagree. They are only the third of three reasons I tune in.

13 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

How could the writers forget that Mike had two kids? Sonny AND Courtney, especially since Courtney is Spencer's mother.

Aren't we all supposed to forget about her? I mean, she is SWMNBN after all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Gotta love how despite Cam, Liz, and Drew being put through the emotional wringer, there was still time for Sonny's PAAAIN to muscle its way in and remind us of how hard life is for him. His conversation with Mike wasn't even that bad, it's just we've been there, done that, over and over again, and I can't care.

Definitely rolled my eyes at the show's many contrived ways to avoid having Franc-enDrew tell us his name. Obviously he wasn't going to recognize Liz, and obviously she's going to be devastated. I had hoped Howarth would be playing this more subdued, but that shot of him screaming in the previews isn't a good sign. On the plus side, we did get Laura supporting Liz, which I appreciate. I like to think of Laura as a way of bridging the gap between Liz and the (sadly) absent Lucky, and the show always benefits from her warm, maternal vibes.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'd rather have a Franco lovefest than a Sonny/Jason/Carly lovefest. The bar is extremely low here.

It's a lose lose for me. Drew never gets to play himself but Howarth and Burton do.  So exciting.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Hater said:

It's a lose lose for me. Drew never gets to play himself but Howarth and Burton do.  So exciting.

At least when it comes to GH, Sonny, Carly, and Jason represent the show - love or hate them, they’ve been around for decades and have a place in the history of this soap opera. Franco is absolutely useless and was a product of James Franco’s ego and trying to employ OLTL alum and soap ~icon~ RoHo.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Hater said:

Another Franco love fest today.  It's never ending until the show is cancelled.

Well,  to be fair, I did enjoy his acting during the first half hour of the show when he was playing Unconscious Man With Mystery Identity.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Sonny couldn't have shaved for his father's fake wedding?  That story is so past it's Best Before date.

Truly. I was asking myself, "Didn't they do this already?"

If Julian really is off the show, I hope Kristina takes over Charlie's.  I've grown fond of the set.

I like him and would hate to see someone who can actually act leave, but this would be a really good Kristina Finds Herself story.

22 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

. Franco is absolutely useless and was a product of James Franco’s ego and trying to employ OLTL alum and soap ~icon~ RoHo.

I'm not even going to blame James Franco for it any more. The suck that is the current Franco totally belongs to FV and RoHo. The original character never had Heather or Scotty as a parent, a brain tumor, or a past of abuse (for starters). He should have been left dead when Jason killed him offscreen.

• Love 10

So, Cameron was kidnapped and drugged "yesterday" but he's back to doing community service today.  That is one dedicated kid.  Also, his cs sentence is longer than some jail sentences for crying out loud.  

Day one of Franco with Drew's memories and already I'm annoyed.  This will not be good for me.

Loved Laura/Liz.  Loved Drew/Liz.  Loved Kristina sorta kinda playing matchmaker between Alexis and Neil.  Love Alexis/Neil.  

HATE everything Mike/Sonny/Turning Woods.  Why is it there?  

• Love 7

Drew's medals.  Not knowing any Navy SEALS, I have to ask, is Drew's medal count typical, or over-inflated?  I don't know how many years he would have served.  It seems like a lot to me.

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Didn't Mike not know about her before she showed up in Pory Charles? He could be living in a time before he knew that she existed.

I didn't think about this. You could be right. Mike's memory might only go back to when he first showed up in Port Charles and Sonny hated him. But from what I remember, he did know Courtney existed, and he abandoned her when she was a baby.

There have been/are so many people in Port Charles with multiple identities and different names, either witting or unwitting, that I totally give up.   I can't figure any of it out anymore.   Hayden.   Wiley.  Willow.  Harmony.  Drew.  Cassandra.  Dev.  Kevin/Ryan.  Sasha.  Peter.   On and on and on and on and on.  

What kind of name is Turning Woods for Mike's facility? It makes no sense to me. 

I like Max Gail's performance but this story has gone on too long and is too focused on Sonny.

I don't want Julian to leave town but considering the contempt so many people have for him maybe it's best. Doesn't Kristina owe him money? 

On one level I'm kind of impressed with the way the writers are manipulating this flash drive story to include the everlasting Franco redemption cycle because it's creative but it's also annoying. Drew deserved this storyline attention and never got it. I don't want this aftermath and all it encompasses.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Drew's medals.  Not knowing any Navy SEALS, I have to ask, is Drew's medal count typical, or over-inflated?  I don't know how many years he would have served.  It seems like a lot to me.

Welllll....I just know from watching JAG that SEALS do have a whole bunch of medals, and this particular SEAL was a Chief Petty Officer, and he’d earned all the ribbons and medals. Plus, since the show runner and writers were all former military, and they had military consultants, I believed what was shown. Soooo, unless someone who is familiar with military/SEALS, I’ll let you know if what this FAKAKTA show did was realistic.🤪

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don't know how many years he would have served.

Oscar died at the age of 16 which means he was born in 2003.  Drew didn't know he existed because he shipped out before Kim could tell him that she was pregnant.  The junk with Shiloh happened in 2012, which is the memories he was trying to access.  Which means Drew was in the service for a minimum of 9 years.  Six medals in 9 years, is that too much?  

7 minutes ago, paisley said:

Doesn't Kristina owe him money? 

No Alexis paid him back.  

• Useful 1
43 minutes ago, paisley said:

On one level I'm kind of impressed with the way the writers are manipulating this flash drive story to include the everlasting Franco redemption cycle because it's creative but it's also annoying. Drew deserved this storyline attention and never got it. I don't want this aftermath and all it encompasses.

I don't know what their intent with this whole thing is, but it's like they're trying to bring in a new version of Drew with Drew's past memories, minus his Jason/PC memories. They had BM/Drew and did diddly squat with him and the story, washed their hands off him getting his memories back because he would lose the ones he has of his children, refused to involve him in the storyline with Shiloh and instead kept him in the never ending Oscar is going to die storyline. They took half his company and gave him Franco as a friend by forcing the issue with the sexual abuse s/l.

I find the writers obnoxious. Yes, I know. Franco is awesome. But no amount of telling me that will make me like him.

Between Jason being such a hero and Franco, it's a wonder the planet hasn't eaten itself.

I just moved back to Canada and in my area the show comes on at 2 and it will be just that much easier for me to drop this thing like the bad habit that it is.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

So, Cameron was kidnapped and drugged "yesterday" but he's back to doing community service today.  That is one dedicated kid.  Also, his cs sentence is longer than some jail sentences for crying out loud.   

Seriously! It tells you everything about this show that Cameron has been doing community service for buying pot way longer than actual murderers get punished in Port Charles. Insane. Also, couldn't they have given him a day off after he was KIDNAPPED?

• Love 7

Poor Cameron, going right back to work.  You'd think his mother would have wanted to keep him nearby since he was injected with something and all.

I can't decide about this "Drew's memories" stuff.  On the one hand, it's a good way for RH to play a different character since so many people don't like Franco and his past.  And I guess it's better than recasting him as someone new like they did to Michael Easton.  It's very soapy/telenovela-ish.  But, if he keeps yelling and chewing scenery as usual, then he's not being Drew, who is generally pretty laid-back.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see how he plays it.

• Love 5

God. Not only do we have Liz calling Franco a hero, but they made sure that Drew gave Franco his medal in case we were not clear about how heroic Franco is.

Blech.

I hope that Dranco/Frew is so drawn to Kim to the point that he divorces Liz.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

At least when it comes to GH, Sonny, Carly, and Jason represent the show - love or hate them, they’ve been around for decades and have a place in the history of this soap opera. Franco is absolutely useless and was a product of James Franco’s ego and trying to employ OLTL alum and soap ~icon~ RoHo.

I agree. Sonny, Jason, and Carly may be despicable, show-devouring monsters, but they are still OUR despicable, show-devouring monsters. With Howarth's Franco, beyond the same disgust and annoyance I feel for the other three, I'm also left with the feeling of...well, to paraphrase Mean Girls, "HE DOESN'T EVEN GO HERE!"

I feel the same way about Billy Miller, tbh, even though I like him and Drew well enough.

ETA: I don't think this was an inevitable problem - if they'd been cast as different characters. Miller, as I've said before should have been Lucky, or maybe a long-lost son of AJ. RoHo could have been Tom Hardy, or even a non-Franco son of Scotty and Heather. (His, er, distinctive acting style is another problem.) But Not!Jason and Franco are non-starter characters, no matter how hard the show has tried to sell them.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 9