Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Kemo and BM do have crazy chemistry, so why not write a real triangle?  Not tawdry, but kind of tragic...she is in love with both brothers, because she fell in love with the 2nd one believing he was the first.  There is no one to blame. It's circumstances.  She can't bear to leave either of them, they are both the great loves of her life.  I mean, that's freaking soapy!  Instead, they put down some sort of crazy mandate that the two cannot even share scenes.  What a joke.  What a waste. 

Calling it a shitshow is spot-on.  They didn't even TRY to make this a real storyline, try to make Sam conflicted.  Nope, they rewrote it so she proclaimed she always knew something wasn't right about her relationship with Drew-as-Jason and how she wasn't herself with him, blah de blah blah blah.  Honestly, this all felt/feels in service to Burton, who had to come out not only as the winner, but a knockout punch.  So unseemly.  

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Well, I don't know if that's why, but what they did with that storyline is a shitshow of the highest order.  Kemo and BM do have crazy chemistry, so why not write a real triangle?  Not tawdry, but kind of tragic...she is in love with both brothers, because she fell in love with the 2nd one believing he was the first.  There is no one to blame. It's circumstances.  She can't bear to leave either of them, they are both the great loves of her life.  I mean, that's freaking soapy!  Instead, they put down some sort of crazy mandate that the two cannot even share scenes.  What a joke.  What a waste.  So now Kemo is sleep walking and BM is gone.  Welp, okay.  Good work Frank!

I think the original plan was a love triangle but it would have been a mess if they had really gone that route because KM was giving SB nothing in their scenes together and there’s no way TPTB would have written Jason as the loser. The only way I could have seen it going is pretty much what happened- having Drew as the family man/safe choice but have Sam still be drawn to Jason but it wouldn’t have played out that way onscreen if they did a real triangle since at the time anyway, her chemistry with Drew was much stronger 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Kemo and BM do have crazy chemistry, so why not write a real triangle? 

It's because they had crazy chemistry they couldn't write a real triangle. If Drew and Sam were just a "nice couple with decent chemistry", it would have been one thing. Especially if KeMo and Burton still had the original magic they had when Sam and Jason first got together.

That wasn't the case though as the poster above noted. And it didn't help that KeMo and Miller certainly weren't doing a damn thing to downplay their chemistry. A triangle just wouldn't work because no one not totally biased to one pairing over another would think Sam and Jason made more sense in that scenario. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

That wasn't the case though as the poster above noted. And it didn't help that KeMo and Miller certainly weren't doing a damn thing to downplay their chemistry. A triangle just wouldn't work because no one not totally biased to one pairing over another would think Sam and Jason made more sense in that scenario. 

The last scene I remember Sam/Drew having before the recent one where Sam showed her face at Oscar's funeral was the one on the bench outside of Kelly's when Sam was showing Drew pictures of Scout. Sam/KeMo was curled up beside Drew/Billy on the bench and practically in his lap. This was supposed to be *after* Sam had chosen Jason. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
Just now, LexieLily said:

The last scene I remember Sam/Drew having before the recent one where Sam showed her face at Oscar's funeral was the one on the bench outside of Kelly's when Sam was showing Drew pictures of Scout. Sam/KeMo was curled up beside Drew/Billy on the bench and practically in his lap. This was supposed to be *after* Sam had chosen Jason. 

Ah yes I remember it well. I'd stopped watching the show and the clip came up on my Instagram Search. With no sound, I was convinced that this was an old scene from the period when everyone still thought Drew was Jason.

It wasn't until I listened to the dialogue and realized they were discussing Oscar's illness that I realized this was supposed to not only be broken up Drew and Sam but Sam supposedly completely back in love with Jason. And yet somehow she was practically in Drew's lap throughout the scene. 

I guess it's no coincidence they never shared a scene alone again after this. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4

I feel so sorry for Coby Ryan McLaughlin (Shiloh). He is way too talented for the dreck the writers give him day in and day out. I feel like I’m watching reruns of the show during Shiloh’s scenes because they all play out the same way. Shiloh behaves arrogantly, pretends he has done nothing wrong, and then he gets assaulted and thrown out of some location. If the writers don’t plan to have Shiloh progress from a creepy stalker and sexual predator, then they need to just write the character out of the show. It’s beyond boring having to watch Shiloh be stuck on a hamster’s wheel.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I think the original plan was a love triangle but it would have been a mess if they had really gone that route because KM was giving SB nothing in their scenes together and there’s no way TPTB would have written Jason as the loser.

Even with a triangle, it makes sense to me that Sam would eventually go back to Jason, and not only because he's never the loser. But the show never wants to give characters any depth or complications, because that requires too much effort.

I never saw much chemistry between KeMo and BM. I didn't think they were anti-chem the way Chad Duell is with most of his female partners, and it was obvious they enjoyed working together, but I don't think they were lightning in a bottle or anything. It's funny how subjective chemistry is. I also hold the UO that Stephen Nichols and Mary Beth Evans had good chem as Stefan and Katherine. The writing let them down there, IMO.

• Love 3

Why are they finally looking into Drew's past now that BM is leaving??? Is it so that SBu can get to play a SEAL?

Poor Liz, Kim is one of her only 2 friends  (the other is the oncologist we rarely see) and Kim's leaving. Liz really is too isolated.

Speaking of Liz, I hated to see her begging The Hitman not to divide Jake's loyalties. What she should have said was "yes, Franco hurt people year's ago but he's been good to a lot of people since then including Carly. Meanwhile you support the biggest mobster on the coast and your job is hurting people even right now. That's how you make your money. And Sam was willing to be sexually abused by Shiloh so let's just leave that off the table."

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why are they finally looking into Drew's past now that BM is leaving??? Is it so that SBu can get to play a SEAL?

Frankly, I’d say that’s a hard yes.

23 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

, it makes sense to me that Sam would eventually go back to Jason,

For me, it’s not that it doesn’t make sense for the show to go that route.  I’m more interested in analyzing why Steve Burton likes this pairing or wants to continue to be in it in the year 2019. It’s fascinating.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I’m more interested in analyzing why Steve Burton likes this pairing or wants to continue to be in it in the year 2019. It’s fascinating.

I suspect because it's easy for him. Jason and Sam are a known entity, and he doesn't have to put much effort into selling the relationship. The work has already been done. He's a lazy performer most of the time, I feel. It's only in the silly action scenes that I feel he puts any genuine enthusiasm into his work.

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

For me, it’s not that it doesn’t make sense for the show to go that route.  I’m more interested in analyzing why Steve Burton likes this pairing or wants to continue to be in it in the year 2019. It’s fascinating.

Count me in on wanting to know why Steve Burton wants Jason/Sam so badly when he portrays Jason as clearly and steadfastly prioritizing Carly, Sonny and their spawn over Sam. He can barely be bothered to remember he has children of his own, evidenced by Liz's dialogue today that Franco - the serial killer and sexual assaulter - has been a more present factor in Jake's life than he. And Liz wasn't wrong.

Is SBu that determined to "win" over BM?

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I suspect because it's easy for him. Jason and Sam are a known entity, and he doesn't have to put much effort into selling the relationship. The work has already been done. He's a lazy performer most of the time, I feel. It's only in the silly action scenes that I feel he puts any genuine enthusiasm into his work.

I think the idea that it’s easy is definitely valid. Then again, was it really easy this time around? With a clearly irked Kelly Monaco? That’s why I believe he cares more about his character “winning” and “looking like the man.” Something he probably learned from Mo.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

The women have never mattered, as actors or characters. Sam was always going to return to Jason on SBu came back, whether KeMo liked it or not. 

I agree. I just think it’s obviously because SBu wants his character to look a certain way. At the end of the day, they’re human beings like the rest of us. Who wants to work with someone that has an issue with them? There is/was some incentive Steve gets from continuing in JaSam.

At this point, I think Jason is better off alone, but that will never happen. He has to be seen as virile and desirable and all that nonsense. So he's with Sam because no one wants to put any effort into creating a new pairing for him. Which is just as well, because there shouldn't be any other woman who isn't Carly who wants to be with him.

• Love 10

Jason should have stayed dead. Or they should have given Billy's Jason back his Jason Q memories and never let Steve come back. Jason's been on a damn hamster wheel of stories for far too long, and I believe that Steve and Mo are responsible for that. 

• Love 8
(edited)
36 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That and whenever Kimberly/Robin shows up and they share scenes. It's the only time, in recent years, that I notice his eyes literally light up and emote. And it will never not be funny (yeah, yeah, double negative, sue me!) when they both trash talked how Patrick and Sam were together for a fast minute, and how Jason said he was buying dinner if they agreed never to talk about it.🤣

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

The funny thing is Maurice would probably be happy as hell to unload Carly to Jason. He is always looking for new love interests. His father would hate it but forget that old man. But seeing how much of an was gold Maurice was a couple of days ago on Twitter, I hope he is forever stuck in Carson.

As far as Steve goes, he loves Jasam for now cause their fans are his biggest customers to buying his nutrition shakes. He could care less about the actual couple. He also has an ego like Maurice. They can't stand any other males winning over them. See his reaction to Lusam being received better than he thought while he was campaigning for Liz and Jason.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I also hold the UO that Stephen Nichols and Mary Beth Evans had good chem as Stefan and Katherine. The writing let them down there, IMO.

Their chem was fine but the characters made NO sense together then. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

I guess because he thinks that's where the money is like dr gailey said. I actually don't think Steve is lazy. He's a hustler, and I am not completely complimentary about that. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

It's because they had crazy chemistry they couldn't write a real triangle. If Drew and Sam were just a "nice couple with decent chemistry", it would have been one thing. Especially if KeMo and Burton still had the original magic they had when Sam and Jason first got together.

I think you make a lot of good points here and there is probably a lot of truth to this. To me it just adds another layer to how awfully this entire thing has been handled.  Pulling BM and KM completely out of each other’s orbits didn’t all of a sudden allow the great Jasam chemistry to shine through.  The people who are Jasam fans were always going to see chem and want them while it seems a lot of others don’t find them believable or likable in any scenario because they’ve lost whatever they once had. Had they actually done the triangle it most likely would have been the same audience reaction as it is now Jasam fans would have liked them and the reaction from others would have been what it seems to be now which is they’ve run their course. So basically they just choose the option that catered to no one but Jasam and Burton. 

I feel like I’m not articulating myself very well here and maybe someone will get what I’m trying to say and say it better lol.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dr. gailey said:

The funny thing is Maurice would probably be happy as hell to unload Carly to Jason. He is always looking for new love interests. His father would hate it but forget that old man. But seeing how much of an was gold Maurice was a couple of days ago on Twitter, I hope he is forever stuck in Carson.

As far as Steve goes, he loves Jasam for now cause their fans are his biggest customers to buying his nutrition shakes. He could care less about the actual couple. He also has an ego like Maurice. They can't stand any other males winning over them. See his reaction to Lusam being received better than he thought while he was campaigning for Liz and Jason.

Yup. It’s a built in customer base for his shakes and  a paying audience for his tours he does with BA and pretty soon LW.  Add in that he’s the “winner” over BM and he doesn’t need anything else. 

I'm so behind, but my gawd, it all sounds so boring, you guys.  I'm gonna keep watching my boy Mark Lawson and checking in on the baby swap and whatever scraps Lucy might get, but besides that...

• Love 2

Since when do you need a death certificate to transfer ownership of a car? Legally, could Oscar own one in the first place? He wasn't 18. Ugh, just another way to make me supposed to care that Oscar's life was snuffed out too soon. Spoiler: I don't care.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm so behind, but my gawd, it all sounds so boring, you guys.  I'm gonna keep watching my boy Mark Lawson and checking in on the baby swap and whatever scraps Lucy might get, but besides that...

Right now I'm only hanging in there for

Nikolas

• Love 3

I'm irritated.  They bring back Hayden, she still has chemistry with Fin (at least more than Fin/Anna have), and yet they are barely using her.  Why have her back if she's only going to be window dressing to prop up Anna/Fin?

RE: Carly/Sonny/Jason.....snooze. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Since when do you need a death certificate to transfer ownership of a car? Legally, could Oscar own one in the first place? He wasn't 18. Ugh, just another way to make me supposed to care that Oscar's life was snuffed out too soon. Spoiler: I don't care.

Not long after my uncle died of cancer, my aunt decided to give me his car because mine had become unreliable. I had to call her from the MVA and ask her to leave work and go home and get his death certificate because the MVA wouldn't transfer ownership of his vehicle without it. I had the rest of what I needed on hand, but they were ready to turn me away without his death certificate.

I think the point of that scene was to empathize with Cam (and also to make Kim look good after drugging Drew, followed by attempted sexual assault). Cam is a character from the legacy Spencer and Webber families; we've seen him grown up from when he was an infant in Elizabeth's arms.  There was some hurt and sadness in his eyes at seeing Oscar's date of death and age in print, because they were friends. Cam is happy to have his own car, but moving on with life as a teenager who just lost a friend of the same age must be a difficult experience.

• Love 4

Jason's one to talk about "pain inflicted." Shut up, asshole. Ugh.

Michael and Sasha are so boring. Zzzzzzz.

Of course the crack PI gets caught.

1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:
27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Not long after my uncle died of cancer, my aunt decided to give me his car because mine had become unreliable. I had to call her from the MVA and ask her to leave work and go home and get his death certificate because the MVA wouldn't transfer ownership of his vehicle without it. I had the rest of what I needed on hand, but they were ready to turn me away without his death certificate.

Okay, a rare instance of accuracy! Thanks, @Bringonthedrama. I still don't think Oscar could legally own a car, though. 

• Love 6

By the way, I don't think I've mentioned this specifically, but I find it beyond gross that everyone's reaction to Kim nearly raping Drew has been, "We understand, you're grieving, it's all cool".  NO, NOT COOL, NOT NORMAL!

It's like when the show did a two day plot about Nina trying to rape Silas.  Why go there if you're just going to brush it away like it's not a disgusting violation?

• Love 9
52 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Of course the crack PI gets caught.

When you're a crack PI, aren't you supposed to be tossing a place in a way that the actual inhabitant wouldn't know you'd been there? So some time would pass before he or she realized what you actually took was gone? But I guess when you're making enough noise during your search that the room's inhabitant only has to wait for you to open the door and get caught, those questions don't matter anyway.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Speaking of Liz, I hated to see her begging The Hitman not to divide Jake's loyalties. What she should have said was "yes, Franco hurt people year's ago but he's been good to a lot of people since then including Carly. Meanwhile you support the biggest mobster on the coast and your job is hurting people even right now. That's how you make your money. And Sam was willing to be sexually abused by Shiloh so let's just leave that off the table."

I don't think Elizabeth knows about Sam putting herself at risk with Shiloh. I wish she had a different approach with Jason, but he would be very dismissive if she brought up his job with Sonny. Bringing up that Franco is more of a presence in Jake's life than his own father is was a good point, but she should have pressed upon him about being an absentee father. If Jason  believes himself to be a better role model than Franco, prove it. Show that he is aware of when Franco locked Tom in a dog cage then tortured the guy after the tumor was removed, and promise Elizabeth he will no longer be committing violent acts on Sonny's payroll. Vow that he will spend time with Jake more than once every nine months or so. (The last time Jason was in a scene with Jake was Halloween 2018.)  It's pathetic that Jason's definition of being a good father is that he doesn't lie to his son, and offers one general line that whatever he does for his two sons can't hurt him.

• Love 6

Man, if someone invited me to breakfast, then only gave me a grapefruit half, I'd be homicidal. 

Why couldn't Michael be poisoned/drugged, or does it only have to be a family member that does it?

Weird seeing Lizzy and Kim in the same scene, wearing the same color (it looked the same on my ancient TV).

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Man, if someone invited me to breakfast, then only gave me a grapefruit half, I'd be homicidal. 

And hungry, cause I don't eat that crap.

So friggin' over Jason (and Sam) bemoaning how ~traumatized they both still are over what Franco did 6 years ago (or whenever that was) given what just transpired with Shiloh.  Two bigger assholes I'm hard-pressed to fin...oh, hi Carly and Sonny.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I'm irritated.  They bring back Hayden, she has chemistry with everyone except Fin, and yet they are barely using her.  Why have her back if she's only going to be window dressing to prop up Fin?

Fixed that for you. Sorry, I just don't see this great chem with Finn. Mainly because I don't see anyone having it with him. I'm so annoyed that she got saddled with him in the first place. Talk about Mr. Low Energy. Everything about him enrages me. His wardrobe, his voice, his smugness, his stupid inability to open up to his brother and be a decent human being. He's anti chem, just like Michael.

25 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Why couldn't Michael be poisoned/drugged, or does it only have to be a family member that does it?

Ava almost poisoned him that one time, then her conscience kicked in and she knocked the tea out of his hand. One of the very few times I sided against her.

This show continues to make stupid choices (see: entire argument upthread of ignoring triangle and chem between Kelly and Billy). As long as my two faves are still here, I'll continue to watch but after Little Budig (TM Josh Duhamel) makes her exit (thanks idiot TPTB), not even Maura can likely keep me around full time.

The only other thing I'm remotely interested in is Chase/Willow and I'm sure there's only a matter of time before she gets thrown back with Michael.

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I don't think Elizabeth knows about Sam putting herself at risk with Shiloh. I wish she had a different approach with Jason, but he would be very dismissive if she brought up his job with Sonny. Bringing up that Franco is more of a presence in Jake's life than his own father is was a good point, but she should have pressed upon him about being an absentee father. If Jason  believes himself to be a better role model than Franco, prove it.

If Jason cared about being a good role model for his sons, he wouldn't be proud if they followed him in his business, as he said he would be last Halloween.

Jason  cares about Jason. As Liz said, a good parent tries to do what is best for his child. That "I cannot lie" is bunk because he's bent the truth for Carly to protect her before.

Does the show think that I am going to be impressed that Jason wants to tell Jake when he grows that he never lied to him? I'd think better of Jason if he could tell Older Jake "I hate Franco but I hid it for your sake."

• Love 6

I think what Jason needs to worry about telling Jake is "Hi, I'm your father, remember me?"

I was at the auto shop watching that Liz/Jason scene and thinking what a total dick Jason is.  Like Franco or not (most of you guys don't) he's actually tried to be nice about Jason to Jake and makes effort to be consistently around and available to whichever of the three kids is allowed out of the closet each day.  Jason would be hard pressed to pick Jake out of a lineup.

And, Jason has killed more people, tortured and traumatized way more people, than Franco did, tumor or no.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, ciarra said:

Weird seeing Lizzy and Kim in the same scene, wearing the same color (it looked the same on my ancient TV).

The colors looked exactly the same on my HDTV.  I was a bit Mean Girls to me (On Wednesdays we wear pink!)

Yeah that cheap-ass breakfast pissed me off.  If I have all carbs first thing in the morning I feel like crap all day.  You could just as easily injected that stuff into a nice omelet or eggs Benedict.

What's the point of even drugging Sasha?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

What's the point of even drugging Sasha

Payback. Nina drugged Cassandra. If she can’t get to nine directly she can do it through Nina’s daughter. So what if Cassandra was trying to kill Nina first? Pesky little details 😀

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Jason should have stayed dead.

What makes BM's departure seem worse is that we are stuck with SBu.   Jason has no standing to broach anything to do with morality except maybe blinking.  Putting him in action scenes or defiling a soldier's uniform isn't going to change the fact that he intimidates, threatens, and metes out his own brand of justice during his chosen profession of being Sonny's enforcer.  (see.  Sonny threaten Alexis' new shrink).  The only location on this planet that these mob scum deserve to be breathing (if at all) is on a bug-infested island populated only with other violent scum.  Thankfully, someone with some semblance of opposable thumbs behind the scenes has attached Curtis to some of Jason and Sam's scenes.

"We understand, you're grieving, it's all cool". 

While there is less than nothing to excuse her attempting to rape BM, I don't think that the character/actress is long for the show.  That character has the misfortune of being a doctor (a GYN/OBYN that isn't even treating Carly) and dating Julian = toast.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 4

When it comes to choosing between Jason and Franco in this spat about who's the better father figure for Jake, gonna have to pull a Kelly Taylor.  I choose me.

And of course, no mention of Lucky, who loved and raised Jake for years, even after finding out he wasn't his biological son, grieved his death alongside Liz, and then fuckin' found out he was alive and brought him home in the first place.

• Love 8

I don't know why Liz thinks that Jason would act differently about Franco. She is lucky that he doesn't punch Franco in the face every time that he sees him. It is in fact similar to the way that Jax acts around Joss regarding Sonny. He doesn't badmouth him to Joss or tries to interfere in her relationship with her stepfather, but he still hates who Sonny is and doesn't hide his feelings about that with Carly.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

By the way, I don't think I've mentioned this specifically, but I find it beyond gross that everyone's reaction to Kim nearly raping Drew has been, "We understand, you're grieving, it's all cool".  NO, NOT COOL, NOT NORMAL!

Kim is doing a good job on her own of being horrified by her behavior, and that goes a long way with me. I don't need her friends to pile on the shame. Plus, Kim is seeing a therapist, so she's taking some action to work through her grief.

I hasten to add all of this doesn't mean what she did to Drew was in any way appropriate.

• Love 8

The differences between Jax/Sonny and Jason/Franco is that Joss is okay with the armed neutrality between her father and stepfather. She's 15, she gets it, just as she accepts Sonny's criminal ways as the norm. Jake is 10 (?), very badly wants his father and stepfather to get along as part of his family and is confused why they can't.   Oh, and Jason has killed more people than Franco did and continues to kill while Franco, for all he is a whiny baby at times, no longer kills or hurts people. Get off the high horse, Jason. How many people have you killed or tortured in the years since Franco hurt you?

Unfortunately not being Carly's OB was the writing on the wall for Kim. My TV showed Liz's top to be a pure red while Kim's was an orangey red which wasn't as nice. Even in clothes, Kim loses out.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, ouinason said:

I think what Jason needs to worry about telling Jake is "Hi, I'm your father, remember me?"

I liked your post for this line. 🙂

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Even in clothes, Kim loses out.

Wardrobe has been really heinous for a lot of people. I wonder what's going on? Was the budget completely cut?

7 hours ago, ouinason said:

Danny could probably use a refresher as well. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And of course, no mention of Lucky, who loved and raised Jake for years, even after finding out he wasn't his biological son, grieved his death alongside Liz, and then fuckin' found out he was alive and brought him home in the first place.

It's insane. At the very least (and I know you said Jake here and not Cam) shouldn't Cam have had a monologue about horrible Lucky who abandoned him? Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I feel like Maxie talked about Frisco abandoning her a lot when she was first SORASed.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Even in clothes, Kim loses out.

Who dressed Hayden?  She swam in that blouse and way too long for her height skirt.  They have the same problem dressing Lulu. 

• Love 2