Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I wish they had forgone the Shiloh/"Drew" flashbacks altogether and brought one of Drew's seal buddies to tell the truth about Shiloh because Burton is very incompetent when it comes to playing any other character.

That very clearly wasn't Drew in the flashbacks, so thanks for bringing Jason Morgan to that party writers and SBu. Could have made a goddamn effort, but nope. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Plus, Morgan.  He thought of him like a son.  A really dim, dumb-as-a-rock son, but a son nonetheless.

Well to be fair, Jax thought of Aaron renfrem (sp?) Morgan as a son. And he wasn’t dim or dumb as a rock. I don’t think He never knew BC Morgan. If he had, he would have disavowed any knowledge lol!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Advanced issues found

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

What does Jax have against Ava that the article wasn't mean enough? I don't remember him being that close to Nik to go full bore on Ava for him.  Did he even know Kate?  It all feels so off kilter.

Hayden and Jax had a discussion that they're trying to flush out information on Nikolas...if memory serves. So he's probably frustrated that this Ava feature (isn't he the one that suggested it?) didn't have enough about Nikolas.

9 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Damn this show for trying to make "Alexis and Neil are cute together" happen. 

Damn it for succeeding. 

I think the actors were actually chem tested before Neil was cast which is why they work together for me a lot better than a lot of what we’re seeing onscreen right now, ethical issues aside

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

So they have been wasting Vernee Watson's acting chops too. 

She really is fabulous, isn't she?    I'm glad they're giving her a story line so she'll have more screen time.

• Love 5

News flash, writers: New York is now a no-fault state. Irreconcilable differences is a perfectly decent recent to divorce. No need to make him a martyr or jerk.

And again, Dante isn't in contact with Lulu because he's getting desperately needed psychological help. He's not lazing on a beach drinking beer. The fact that he shot Peter should give people a clue that he's not ready to return to his regular life. FFS. This is my new rage-blackout story.

Shut up, Olivia and Sonny. What's going on between Dante and Lulu is none of your business. At least Laura is backing off. And of course in the end Sonny makes Dante being away about Sonny. 

5 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Today's show was a great example of why the Drew and Curtis friendship is awesome.  I really liked Curtis's truth telling.

Curtis is a decent friend all around, even if some of his friends (ahem, Nina) don't deserve it.

I couldn't care less what Shiloh did in Afghanistan. They shouldn't have connected him to Drew in the first place. So unnecessary. So boring. (It was probably done because SBu wanted to wear desert camo, heh.)

Tomorrow: BRODY!!!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Well to be fair, Jax thought of Aaron renfrem (sp?) Morgan as a son.

So it would make sense if Jax were angry at Ava about Morgan. Or about Kate who was a friend of his. 

It makes no sense to be angry that the article didn't mention Nik specifically because 1. he didn't care about Nik as a person and 2. there is nothing that could be really pinned on Ava, just a bunch of tawdry speculation that would only lower the reputation of Crimson.  Ava helped Nik fake his death so writing about that would hurt Laura and Lulu, and there is no proof that Valentin killed him so there is nothing to write about except that Ava was there and besides, Valentin is Nina's fiance so Nina's not going to push that. It's such a stupid reason for Jax to be angry but they're really trying to push the Nikolas button.

If the article really is that bad, I hope Ava gets a shark of a lawyer and sues Crimson. She's done some terrible things but unlike Sonny and Jason and their crew, she genuinely regrets hurting Kiki and some of the other bad things she's done.

I am vaguely interested in how Cassandra and Jerry Jacks tie into this.

• Love 5

When "Drew" called Shiloh worse than the Taliban in that flashback, I laughed outloud at my screen. We get it, show. Shiloh is very!!!!!evil. Just kill him off already and rid us of this DoD misery. 

Olivia's reaction to Dante's divorce papers was to be expected, but still ridiculous. Thank goodness for Laura being there to shut her down and remind her that this is Lulu's choice.

Jax deserves better than the snoozefest scenes he got today. Zzzzzz.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

So it would make sense if Jax were angry at Ava about Morgan. Or about Kate who was a friend of his. 

It makes no sense to be angry that the article didn't mention Nik specifically because 1. he didn't care about Nik as a person and

Well, Alexis aunt of Nikolas, is his best friend; Laura, mother of Nikolas, used to be Carly's aunt via marriage; and Lulu, sister of Nikolas and daughter of Laura, is still Carly's cousin. So I can see him being angry that this woman got away with her role in the suffering of people he cares about - plus there's the memory that baby boy "John" he was raising he had to give up to bio father Nikolas, only for Nikolas to decide to fake his own death despite the responsibility of being a father.

48 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It makes no sense to be angry that the article didn't mention Nik specifically because 1. he didn't care about Nik as a person and 2. there is nothing that could be really pinned on Ava, just a bunch of tawdry speculation that would only lower the reputation of Crimson.  

Didn't Jax and Nina agree from the get-go that Ava's article was not going to be a hit piece from their end? They wanted Ava to hoist her own petard.

56 minutes ago, Laur said:

Jax deserves better than the snoozefest scenes he got today. Zzzzzz.

At least he's not having to deal with Sonny.

Apologies in advance for asking for a plot clarification but I wasn't watching during the Drew/Jason-same-person years.  I've only been back since Burton returned.

So, who was really in Afghanistan?  Drew (Miller's character) or Jason (Burton's character)?  Why is Shiloh seeing Burton's Jason rather than Miller's Drew?  I'm not asking about actor desires (that Burton wanted to wear GI Joe clothes), I'm asking about the plot.  Was Jason in the military for a stint?  Or was that really supposed to be Drew but Shiloh is somehow hallucinating Jason?  I'm confused.  A quick, simple explanation would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Captanne said:

Apologies in advance for asking for a plot clarification but I wasn't watching during the Drew/Jason-same-person years.  I've only been back since Burton returned.

So, who was really in Afghanistan?  Drew (Miller's character) or Jason (Burton's character)?  Why is Shiloh seeing Burton's Jason rather than Miller's Drew?  I'm not asking about actor desires (that Burton wanted to wear GI Joe clothes), I'm asking about the plot.  Was Jason in the military for a stint?  Or was that really supposed to be Drew but Shiloh is somehow hallucinating Jason?  I'm confused.  A quick, simple explanation would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Drew was in Afghanistan. He and Jason are twins, but Drew had a plot-point accident requiring plastic surgery. That ostensibly explains the roughly ten-year age difference between the actors....

I’m several episodes behind but so looking forward to seeing SBu try to play ~ten years ago (so a 30-ish) Drew. That should be amusing. 

The highlight of last week has been the return of moss bowl! Has it grown? I don’t recall it taking up that much of the island. 

• LOL 5

So, Drew really did look like Jason during the War -- the hallucination is accurate but it's Drew inside the Jason-body.  Thanks!

As for the moss, it's still on set!  I was just excited to see the tote bag (originally it was a fabric brown sack that was on contract, very talented at "not crinkling" while on set) but sad not to see Limp Green Thing -- which was on contract for years.  (Unexpectedly, a Google image search does not bring up an image of LGT.  Sad to see such a long career disappear without so much as a whimper.)

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Captanne said:

So, Drew really did look like Jason during the War -- the hallucination is accurate but it's Drew inside the Jason-body.  Thanks!

It doesn't help that Burton being Drew in the flashback isn't anything like how Drew behaves. He is playing his own character, raging/threatening Shiloh just as Jason would at one of his or Sonny's enemies.  It's such lazy acting, and potentially confusing for the audience.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It doesn't help that Burton being Drew in the flashback isn't anything like how Drew behaves. He is playing his own character, raging/threatening Shiloh just as Jason would at one of his or Sonny's enemies.  It's such lazy acting, and potentially confusing for the audience.

YES! Drew is much calmer than Jason, even when angered. He did grab Shiloh and tell him not to say Oscar's name, but he's much less violent acting than Jason. It's a calm threat that he possess and I'd argue that in a way, that makes him much more frightening. A person who can maintain their cool while boiling just under the surface is not someone I'd want to mess with... and would be much more common in a former SEAL than how Jason played Drew. That just sucked.

• Love 8

The only scenes I enjoyed today included Finn, wow.  I laughed that Valentin's getting his panties in a twist because of Finn calling him out/not bowing down to his entitled attitude about talking to Anna.

Btw, Show, ya know who should have had that conversation with Rocco? His step-grandfather, Kevin, who has been family for years now and is also a psychiatrist. The propping of LWB/FS is absurd, especially in this situation since Peter never had parents together, or any kind of healthy relationship with his own father.  Never, ever would a kid be willing to discuss his thoughts and emotions with his insta-babysitter/mother's boss - has he even met Peter before?!

I rolled my eyes that Lulu agreed that Dante is a "fool" for letting her go. 

• Love 3

Yawn.

Poor Lyn Herring, she's just put in there to prop whatever storyline the more important people get. Now it's to show how amazing Sasha looks, she could be a model!

I know that I'm supposed to feel sorry for Joss but if you want a lock to remain permanently, don't put it on public property. They're taking them down in Europe too because they're damaging the bridges. I did feel sorry for Cameron though, being the one to take the sacred lock down.

Hey Joss, how about donating to put a bench by the bridge? I hear you have money on both sides of your family.

7 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

A person who can maintain their cool while boiling just under the surface is not someone I'd want to mess with... and would be much more common in a former SEAL than how Jason played Drew. That just sucked.

Burton's ego strikes again. Or maybe the directors are afraid to give him direction.

16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Didn't Jax and Nina agree from the get-go that Ava's article was not going to be a hit piece from their end? They wanted Ava to hoist her own petard.

So why is he angry that the article didn't attack her enough?

These writers.

17 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Well, Alexis aunt of Nikolas, is his best friend; Laura, mother of Nikolas, used to be Carly's aunt via marriage; and Lulu, sister of Nikolas and daughter of Laura, is still Carly's cousin. So I can see him being angry that this woman got away with her role in the suffering of people he cares about - plus there's the memory that baby boy "John" he was raising he had to give up to bio father Nikolas, only for Nikolas to decide to fake his own death despite the responsibility of being a father.

I can see why Jax would be angry at Ava. I just think that it was stupid to write Jax angry that the article did not talk about how bad Ava was to Nikolas. Anything Crimson could say about that would be libelous because there is no proof; to talk about how Ava helped Nik fake his death would hurt Alexis and Laura, and Nina would never agree to write about Nik's death since Valentin was the one being accused of killing him.

I get it, we're supposed to be tuned to Nikolas. Just pick a better way to do it.

• Love 1

Congrats to Peter for being improbably flawless at communicating with Rocco, but I'd be so much more impressed if he could prevent his girlfriend from bulldozing through her best friend's life. Maxie would and has chewed Lulu out for similar insensitive treatment, she ought to know to back off and let Lulu get a grip on things in her own way. It very much reads like Maxie's relationship isn't fulfilling so she preoccupies herself with everyone else's business: first Nina, now Lulu. And where exactly is her baby during all of this traveling out of town and hitting the bar for margaritas, btw?

Hey, someone finally did maintenance on Carly's hair! She looks way better without all that hair weighing down her face. Man, this pregnancy has really neutralized Carly and made her boring if the only comment I have for her is about her hair. I guess if you get thrown off a bridge by a serial killer in your first trimester you kind of have to take it easy and be dull until it's time to give birth in some sort of spectacularly fucked up circumstance (y'all know it's coming, and all the money in Sonny's offshore accounts says Jason will be integral to it all).

It sucks for Cam and Trina that they're almost certainly going to be friend-zoned so that the Joss and Dev connection can happen. Worse yet for Cam, now he's going to be the bad guy for removing the padlocks while Dev gets to be the guy to console Joss. The teen-scene would be a lot more palatable if all the players were equal and we weren't just waiting for the bickering to transition to making out.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Linny said:

The teen-scene would be a lot more palatable if all the players were equal and we weren't just waiting for the bickering to transition to making out.

True about every story involving the Corinthos clan

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

You know, for people who just found out that their unborn child was testing as higher probability of spina bifida, you'd think Sonny and Carly would spend a lot less time obsessing about how Dev is doing --

and a lot more time researching the condition, what equipment they might need, discussing helping Avery understand, and so forth. Not to mention with sharing their fears and concerns.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 8

Ugh, what a boring episode, except of course for Lulu running into Brody at the bar.

I think Rocco is old enough to understand that Dante is away because he's sick and needs to get better. Then again, the rest of his family seems unable to grasp that point, so maybe not. Still not liking the Rocco kid. He can't handle what they're giving him.

• Love 4

The teen scene is insufferable.  Oh, gee, I wonder what will happen: will Joss date Cam, the nice guy who is always there for her and who she can lean on or will she fall for Dev, the guy she cannot say two civil words to right now?  The suspense is killing me...

I can't wait til tomorrow when Joss does her Carly 2.0 impression and screeches at Cam for doing his goddamned job.  Maybe he should have refused, gotten written up and gone to Juvie.  Then he'd probably be more appealing to her. 

In conclusion, shut up Joss.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8

I’ve only been able to half-watch lately, so have only caught parts of many scenes. Can someone please tell me what happened with Drew and Shiloh in Iraq? Shiloh was stealing and selling weapons or something? All I saw was G.I. Jason doing his best menacing glower and calling Shiloh a thief.

Two scenes I did catch that completely irritated me:

1. Olivia and Sonny deciding that “I trust you with this spare key” really means “I have no right to privacy, so please invade my home whenever you please. As long as you mean well, it’s totally fine!”

2. Dante’s entire family blaming him for seeking treatment instead of coming home and taking care of the real victim in this situation, Lulu. How dare he treat her so badly? And filing for divorce...it’s so out of character! It’s like he has some kind of mental issue that is keeping him from making reasoned decisi....oohhhhh.

Husband question of the day: “When is Alexis going to start sleeping with the guy with the junior high school hair?” Soon, honey. Very soon.

14 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

The highlight of last week has been the return of moss bowl! Has it grown? I don’t recall it taking up that much of the island. 

Ah, moss bowl...my favorite character! So glad to see there’s another fan.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Linny said:

It sucks for Cam and Trina that they're almost certainly going to be friend-zoned so that the Joss and Dev connection can happen. Worse yet for Cam, now he's going to be the bad guy for removing the padlocks while Dev gets to be the guy to console Joss. The teen-scene would be a lot more palatable if all the players were equal and we weren't just waiting for the bickering to transition to making out.

I am going to be so annoyed with Joss and Dev together. I barely tolerate Joss and can't stand Dev. I am also over the "they are always fighting and throwing jabs at each other because they are so into each other" crap. Also, did the writers forget they wrote Joss as into Cam? She kissed him and was also bothered by him and Trina having a hotel room together and thinking Trina was into Cam. Now they want to friend zone him?  Fine. Maybe he and Trina can get together and be the non annoying teen couple on the show. I'll just ff Dev and Joss anyway.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I am also over the "they are always fighting and throwing jabs at each other because they are so into each other" crap.

Yes.  Thank you.  I'm pretty sure that's not how real life works.  Maybe, and only maybe, in early grade school.  I'm not even convinced of that.  If it's true, though, I was the most admired girl at my elementary school:)

41 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

, did the writers forget they wrote Joss as into Cam? She kissed him and was also bothered by him and Trina having a hotel room together and thinking Trina was into Cam.

That's at least more realistic, though.  Feelings change. Especially at that age and around the time when she's having an emotional upheaval over Oscar's death.

1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I am also over the "they are always fighting and throwing jabs at each other because they are so into each other" crap. Also, did the writers forget they wrote Joss as into Cam?

Cam and Trina are better off away from Joss and Dev. The Joss actress trying to poop out a sad face over that stupid lock was painful to watch. Like the city wasn't going to do a clean of those locks eventually. Teenagers like Josslyn and Dev are the worst.

Cam and Trina are interesting and if they tie Trina to Stella and make Curtis her daddy, then I will like her even more than I do now. 

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

No, please don't tie Trina to Curtis that way. I'm beyond sick and tired of random kids popping up. The show does nothing with the connection anyway. Have Trina be a cousin. 

That's fine too. She's just written a lot like he is.

• Love 1

that's still going on??? Wait, what am I saying? Of COURSE it's still going on...which means Y&R was also pre-empted. Why can't this stuff be limited to cable news channels? Isn't that why they exist?

On topic: Can Dev go away please? now please? Thank you.

• Love 4

I am so. very. disappointed not to see Joss looking heartbroken/betrayed at Cam because her J + O lock was removed from the bridge.

Hey, I'm not a total hater LOL. I like seeing Jax having no use for Sonny, Valentin, and others. I also like how sweet Willow and Chase are together.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

No GH today. See what you haters did. LOL!!!

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/gh-pre-emption-alert/

Oh, noes! I have to find another show that will help me sleep with my eyes open. 

All I remember from the preview is Joss's nostrils flaring because they flare when she's sad, angry, happy and so on and about to go full on Carly on poor Cam who probably kept the lock for her anyway. Because he is a considerate human being.

If she yells at him for cutting the lock, he should let her scream at him, then throw it in the trash. 

General Hospital

1 hr · 

Due to the ongoing hearings on Capitol Hill, today's episode of #GH will instead air tomorrow. Believe us when we say that it's worth the wait. Stay tuned.

Yeah, I highly doubt that.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

If she yells at him for cutting the lock, he should let her scream at him, then throw it in the trash. 

He should throw her in the trash as well. Sorry, but she's the daughter of Carly and defends Sonny. I have no use for her.

• Love 2

I am also over the "they are always fighting and throwing jabs at each other because they are so into each other" crap.

*sigh* Tristan and Isoldt, the original bickering because they really like each other couple, was only 'a thing' because they accidentally ingested a potion meant for Isoldt and her intended, to ensure a happy union. Tristan was merely a knight, entrusted with bringing his king's bride safely to him. Tristan and Isoldt genuinely didn't like each other, but *potion* so bickering turned into passion. And thus, hundreds of generations of audiences were fooled into thinking constant bickering meant twue luv.

*this has been today's literary minute*

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

We had the episode today, in Toronto.   Since I write the recap for the DC website, and I just sent it in, here today's recap.  

Robert runs into Sonny, who complains about Dante shooting Peter.  Sonny says Robert promised he'd bring Dante home (it's very frustrating to me that all these characters act as though Dante is on a beach in Cancun and not at a mental facility trying to get better).  

Robert admits that the WSB handled this badly, but that Dante acted on his own and got in over his head.  Sonny then asks about Shiloh and how he's walking around free.  Robert says he was let out on bail then reminds Sonny that he's a criminal and there are boundaries.

Carly tells Jason about the baby's condition and that they will be finding out today just how serious it is.  Jason reassures her.  Carly asks that he keep an eye on Dev.  

Joss is upset and tells the others about going to the bridge and finding the lock gone.  Cam admits that he cut all the locks as part of his community service and tossed them in the trash.  

Cam tells Dev that he wants to do something to make it up to Joss so the two head to the recycling plant where they find the lock in the garbage.  

Joss tells Trina that as long as the lock was on the bridge, she could go there and remember Oscar.  She knows that one day he'll be gone from her heart.  Joss doesn't want to betray his memory but Trina says she can move on and still hold him in her heart.  

Cam and Dev return with the found lock.  Joss hugs Cam in gratitude.  

Chase is still upset with Finn about not knowing anything about Hayden.  Finn explains his relationship and how Hayden was there for him during the height of his addiction.  Finn mentions how they were going to be a family but lost the baby.  

Robert finds Finn and tells him that he spoke with Anna about Valentin's concern for Cassandra.  He says she was spotted once, in Italy with a gentleman that the bureau couldn't identify. Robert says Finn's involvement in this is over, that Cassandra is a dangerous woman and he needs to stay out of it.  

Willow's looking for a job at the Metrocourt but doesn't want Michael's help in getting it.  Willow mentions that it's Wylie's birthday and how she's happy that he's safe and loved.  Michael admires how she's dealing with things.  Willow asks how he is, since Wylie and Jonah were born on the same day.  Michael says he tries not to dwell on that, since he wants to focus on the good in his life.  

Chase has a day of fun planned for Willow.  She knows it's to distract her from Wylie's birthday.  Chase asks if she wants other children and both admit they want them eventually.  Chase and Willow say their "I love yous".  

Curtis is there when Jax asks NIna who she's going to be profiling next.  He asks about Cassandra, so NIna asks what his connection is to the jewel thief.  Jax claims they never met.  Nina says Cassandra had a past with Valentin but that Jax knew that.  Nina wants to know why Jax is so hostile to Valentin.

Jax offers to make it up to them by taking them to dinner to make up for getting off on the wrong foot.  Nina counter offers with making him and Hayden dinner at Windmere.  Jax accepts.  Later, he call Hayden and tells her they'll be able to search the place.   
After Jax leaves, Curtis questions Nina's sanity, but she says Jax' guard will be down.  She wants to know why he's so interested in Valentin.  

Carly meets with Dr Navarro and asks about the in utero surgery for babies with Spina Bifida.  Dr Navarro says Carly isn't a candidate because of her issues with stress.  Carly has her ultrasound, then Dr Navarro tells her that her specific condition means that the baby will be born via C Section than will have immediate surgery based on the severity of the nerve damage.  

Michael runs into Jason at the Corinthi home and mentions the Quartermain treehouse.  He thinks they can put one in the Corinthi backyard for Avery and the new baby, which Jason agrees to help with. 

Michael gets a collect call from Nelle at Pentonville but he refuses to accept the charges.  After Jason leaves, Nelle calls again.  

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

**this has been today's literary minute*

Let's make it two minutes: 

All I can think of when Joss goes into yet another of her missing-Oscar mopes* is Lady Capulet speaking to Juliet in Act III: "… have done: some grief shows much of love; But much of grief shows still some want of wit."

*yeah, yeah, yeah, I know she's a teenager, blah, blah, blah. I'm still tired of it.

Edited by rur
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I don't mind the bickering trope if it works. This doesn't, for numerous reasons. The primary one being neither of them are strong actors. 

Same here. I didn’t mind it when it was Ric and Alexis or Robin and Patrick because at least their bickering was somewhat entertaining but Joss and Dev are just annoying me right now. It probably doesn’t help that it seems way too soon to give Joss another love interest and what will probably be a love triangle since she’s still crying over Oscar. I thought they were going to go a different route with having Cam move on with Trina and Joss becoming interested in him after she has some time to get over Oscar but I guess since she’s Carly’s daughter, she’s always going to be in the center of everything

• Love 3

Thanks for the recap, perkie.

Why can't Trina be the female ingenue instead of Joss? She's smart, sensible, a good actress plays her and she's not mini-Carly.

57 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I don't mind the bickering trope if it works. This doesn't, for numerous reasons. The primary one being neither of them are strong actors. 

To quote the movie 'Speed' "... relationships based on intense experiences never work." Nor do they on the kind of dismissive antagonism that they are writing for Joss and Dev. It's not entertaining or romantic at all.

• Love 5