Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Today, however, my DVR recorded the show.

I just cannot with Ava and her psychics. I'm also tired of her "Crimson done me wrong" whining. She willingly agreed to all of it. The idea that it would have 100 percent positive response is absurd. 

It's fall in Port Charles in July? Okay, Show.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Was Bobbie always this self-righteous and annoying?

Once upon a time, SHE was the town pariah.  As was her equally self-righteous daughter.  Now the two of them couldn't be more obnoxious acting as judge and jury for everyone they deem unworthy.

The Ava and Her Psychics Show is stupid as Hell, but I did LOL when she screamed "I didn't kill any babies!" 

And GMAB, show, with Michael kicking Shiloh's ass.  As friggin' if. 

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 11

What's up with Carly's hair? She seems to have about half as much all of a sudden.  Did she take her weave out or something?

Michael dragging Shiloh to the elevators cracked me up.  He's lame as hell even when pretending to be badass.  Sonny's influence, I'm sure.

• Love 3
(edited)

I get that Lucas and Brad aren't allowed to have an on-screen home, but a one-year-old's birthday party at a fancy hotel run by a mob moll?  No no no no.  Just go to the park or something.  Ugh.

And everyone might as well know Michael's the father given the guest list.  We needed a big smiley pic of Sasha with Wiley?  Why?  Lucas and Brad's life together just feels so one-dimensional.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
51 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I get that Lucas and Brad aren't allowed to have an on-screen home, but a one-year-old's birthday party at a fancy hotel run by a mob moll?  No no no no.  Just go to the park or something.  Ugh.

And everyone might as well know Michael's the father given the guest list.  We needed a big smiley pic of Sasha with Wiley?  Why?  Lucas and Brad's life together just feels so one-dimensional.

The show has established Sam doesn't care about anything anymore other than Jason but where was she at her godson's party? On the other hand she might end up spending more time with Wylie when he is inevitably revealed as Michael's son/Carly's grandchild.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

For real, they couldn’t even pretend that Brad and Lucas have friends or any non-mob family outside of Bobbie and Julian. Reminds me of their wedding. Lucas especially seems to get short changed. He’s a legacy character and doctor with a lot of ties to the current canvas and he’s barely even been a part of the baby switch storyline

• Love 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, LexieLily said:

The show has established Sam doesn't care about anything anymore other than Jason but where was she at her godson's party? On the other hand she might end up spending more time with Wylie when he is inevitably revealed as Michael's son/Carly's grandchild.

Great point about Sam.  Another glaring absentee is Maxie, you know, LUCAS' COUSIN.  It's especially ridiculous because Maxie has a child about the same age.  In real life, Lucas and Maxie would have bonded even more going through that experience at the same time, and their kids would be little buddies who had play dates all the time.

But more important Michael - the big man real father - got to kick Shiloh's ass or whatever.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I get that Lucas and Brad aren't allowed to have an on-screen home, but a one-year-old's birthday party at a fancy hotel run by a mob moll?

They all looked so uncomfortable sitting on that hard floor.  I mean, if they insist on hammering home the point this kid is a Corinthii, why not have the damn thing at Sonny and Carly's?  

• Love 3

Baby parties aren't for the baby, but for the adults. I've known people who book a private room in a restaurant for a 1-year-old. The birthday parties don't become about the kids until they're 5ish. At least that's been my experience.

• Love 1

I was at a First Birthday party last month. It was held at home, the toddler sat on the floor and the children played with the toys. I've also seen them held at child play centres. I've never seen one in a fancy restaurant with no other children around.

6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Great point about Sam.  Another glaring absentee is Maxie, you know, LUCAS' COUSIN.  It's especially ridiculous because Maxie has a child about the same age.  In real life, Lucas and Maxie would have bonded even more going through that experience at the same time, and their kids would be little buddies who had play dates all the time.

Maxie being there with James would have made so much sense.  Carly could have brought Avery, and Sam brought Scout since they're not too far apart in age. Then all the kids could have played.

13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And everyone might as well know Michael's the father given the guest list.  We needed a big smiley pic of Sasha with Wiley?  Why?

We needed the pic so that Nelle didn't tell Michael that Wylie is really Jonah.  She was just about to tell him, assuming that she would get him back with the knowledge. But when she found out that Michael had moved on and had a new girlfriend, one that Carly approved of, Nelle decided not to tell him after all.  I guess she rightfully figured that Michael would raise Jonas with his new partner and Nelle would be shut out.

One good thing that Carly has done, sending the picture just at the right time.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

when she found out that Michael had moved on and had a new girlfriend,

That bit cracked me up. Nelle's "you've moved on" was hilariously said. Of COURSE Michael has moved on. For one thing, you're bonkers. For another, you're in prison. Michael's not going to wait around for however long your sentence is. And having a new girlfriend doesn't mean he's forgotten about Jonah, which Nelle seemed to be heavily implying. They're completely botching this, of course. They should be having Nelle string Michael along just enough that he has to keep returning to Pentonville to visit.

On the other hand, I do want the baby secret to come out before 2021.

• Love 4

Yeah, I wasn't overly concerned about the venue or, even who made the party or didn't.  I did laugh when Michael snapped and chucked Shiloh out on his keister.  

Upon (little) reflection, I wonder if they aren't giving Michael a mix of his two "fathers' -- Jason's ability to manhandle people and Sonny's "suit and tie mobster" threatening style.  That's fine with me -- but it will be a challenge for Chad Duell to see if he can pull it off.

Thanks, show,  for giving me an episode with Drew, Jason, Peter and Valentin, proving how much I'm going to miss Billy Miller. Wouldn't care if the other three disappeared right now.

Best moment was Vernee Watson reacting to what seems to be a "that would be awesome" ad lib from Donnell about being related to Billy Dee Williams. Also nice nod to Night Shift. (I miss that show)

Other goodness was Liesl snarking about sharks and Valentin, and Ryan bringing the crazy.

SHUT UP Peter! You know nothing about Dante or selflessness.

Also Shut Up Nina about the Ava issue. Or at least give Maxie the credit for the idea.

• Love 8

Whoever wrote Liesl's lines today earned every dime of their paycheck. Literally everything that came out of her mouth slayed. I definitely don't need Liesl to be a major player, and don't even really care about who tried to kill her, but a sprinkling of pissy, shit-talking Liesl does a body good.

Peter has zero place to be talking to Lulu like he's any authority on Dante or marriage in general. It's so obvious that Peter isn't a strong enough character to stand on his own and the show is forcing him into situations he doesn't belong.

God, I still love the energy that exists between Ava and Ryan. What he did to her is unforgivable (and good on the show for stressing that Ava did not consent to sex with Ryan), but they're so similarly twisted that every time they're together, I get sucked in to the moment.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Captanne said:

Upon (little) reflection, I wonder if they aren't giving Michael a mix of his two "fathers' -- Jason's ability to manhandle people and Sonny's "suit and tie mobster" threatening style.  That's fine with me -- but it will be a challenge for Chad Duell to see if he can pull it off.

So far, I don't think he can.

Since when does Liesl do anything she doesn't want to do? Her being "forced" to live at Windermere was so dumb.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

What happened to Jason's active arrest warrant?

Liesl did say there was a shocking lack of convictions in Port Charles.

3 minutes ago, Linny said:

God, I still love the energy that exists between Ava and Ryan. What he did to her is unforgivable (and good on the show for stressing that Ava did not consent to sex with Ryan), but they're so similarly twisted that every time they're together, I get sucked in to the moment.

It helps that they are both strong actors who can play off of each other's energy, especially if the writing supports them. JPS or ME would cause those scenes to flop. MB too can't generate the kind of intensity that JL gets from the Ryan/Ava scenes.

7 minutes ago, Linny said:

Peter has zero place to be talking to Lulu like he's any authority on Dante or marriage in general. It's so obvious that Peter isn't a strong enough character to stand on his own and the show is forcing him into situations he doesn't belong.

And making up plot lines with Maxie just to give him something to do. Even Lulu become Girl Reporter seems to be something created to involve Peter in something.

• Love 3
(edited)
28 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Other goodness was Liesl snarking about sharks and Valentin,…

I loved it when she said, " I was holding people hostage here long before you came to town." 

KG is such a good, multi-dimensional actress, I'm happy whenever she's on the screen. Too bad we have to see so much of Carly and so little of Liesl.

10 minutes ago, Linny said:

I really was a little surprised that drunken Lulu didn't remind him of the part he played in Nathan's death.

Edited by rur
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Linny said:

Whoever wrote Liesl's lines today earned every dime of their paycheck. Literally everything that came out of her mouth slayed. I definitely don't need Liesl to be a major player, and don't even really care about who tried to kill her, but a sprinkling of pissy, shit-talking Liesl does a body good.

My favorite line was her telling Valentin, "I know this house quite well. I was holding people hostage here long before you showed up!" 

3 hours ago, rur said:

I loved it when she said, " I was holding people hostage here long before you came to town." 

I hit send before I saw your post, Rur. Great minds! So funny

• Love 3

Forget that Peter knows little about Dante, he does know that Dante hates him, so Lulu should have the brain cells to think that maybe Peter is trying to badmouth Dante on purpose to her. Ugh, it reminded me of the time Ethan was talking to everyone about Luke and Laura and Liz and Lucky's relationships.

• Love 4

Lulu was really drunk though so she may have had a bit of trouble thinking that through. Sure hope Rocco and Charlotte were with Laura.

(Kudos to ER for playing a not-sloppy drunk.)

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Linny said:

I still love the energy that exists between Ava and Ryan. What he did to her is unforgivable (and good on the show for stressing that Ava did not consent to sex with Ryan), but they're so similarly twisted that every time they're together, I get sucked in to the moment.

They are awesome together. When/if MW decides to leave, I'd be more than happy to see Ava ride off into the sunset with Ryan.

35 minutes ago, Blackie said:

When did they SORAS Danny? How old is supposed to be? Now he looks like the same age as Jake. What are the ages of Liz's kids and Sam's kids supposed to be.

Danny was born in 2012 and Jake was born in 2007. Jake is played by Hudson West who was born in 2008 so he is about the same age as his character. I can't find out how old Porter Fasullo (new Danny) is or how old previous Danny was, but the new one is certainly older. Here's hoping he can act better. Rocco was born in 2013 so maybe he, Danny, and Jake (who looks the same age as the other two) can have an on-screen friendship.

Leisl rocked it today.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, OhIKnow said:

My favorite line was her [Dr. O] telling Valentin, "I know this house quite well. I was holding people hostage here long before you showed up!"

Now that's my girl!

Next, she should show Valentin how to chuck people off the parapet by, you know, chucking him off the parapet.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, ouinason said:

that's stupid.  Aiden is older than Danny.  

I don't mind them aging Danny up. Most people Burton's age on soaps have twenty somethings as kids.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

But Sam is 23?

Yes yes, her too. 😛 I was going to write and "Kristina Wagner had SORASed Maxie when she was 41" but didn't, honestly, out of sheer laziness.

• LOL 2

So Sam and Jason take their kid to the park and then....ignore him! The poor kid had to play soccer all by himself because his parents were too busy talking about Shiloh to bother paying any attention to him.

• Love 11
54 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

They were at the Quartermaines, with Leo's long-suffering, overworked nanny.

And Scout. No park for you, Scout.

51 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Rocco was at the Qs and Charlotte was supposed to be with Valentin.

Who was Charlotte with? Nina invited Jax and Hayden for dinner at 8 (since Jax was picking Hayden up at 7), far too late for Charlotte, and there was no mention of Charlotte at all when Valentin and Nina got home, not even to ask about her day at camp.

My head canon is that both kids were having a sleepover with Grandma Laura so it was okay for Lulu to drink freely.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

My head canon is that both kids were having a sleepover with Grandma Laura so it was okay for Lulu to drink freely.

I like your head canon and need a fan-fic about this immediately.

Why is Drew casually chatting with Kim and they are both ignoring the fact that she drugged him and tried to rape him?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ouinason said:

that's stupid.  Aiden is older than Danny.  

I don’t really mind that since they never age kids at the same time. Molly’s supposed to be around 2 years younger than Cameron and only 3 months older than Spencer. Plus the former Danny actor was kind of a dud so they needed to recast them anyway. 

• LOL 1
10 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Why is Drew casually chatting with Kim and they are both ignoring the fact that she drugged him and tried to rape him?

They've worked that out, which is fair, I think. Kim was beside herself with grief. She was horrified the next morning at what she'd done, and she's been talking to a therapist. She's abjectly apologized more than once to Drew, and he's forgiven her. In fact, he pretty much forgave her after the drug wore off.

1 hour ago, Blackie said:

well I wish they would have SORASED Danny all the way to a teenager that tells his parents how much they suck!

Please, his father is Saint Jasus. If anyone is going to get slammed it will be Sam. And even then, she's aces!

• Love 4

Leaving aside the fact of how the hell Shiloh knew EXACTLY where Drew's memory flash drive was stashed, he has a friend/accomplice who is in Port Charles (or can get there in a matter of an hour or so) and we're not supposed to see who it is yet.

(I'm kind of hoping it's Dev, who is a thief and is working with Shiloh to screw Sonny/Jason over, but I'm guessing that's not gonna happen)

Also, did anyone else notice that when Curtis et al were talking about his aunt's mystery relative-- they kept cutting to Ava/Ryan? 

15 hours ago, Sake614 said:

So Sam and Jason take their kid to the park and then....ignore him! The poor kid had to play soccer all by himself because his parents were too busy talking about Shiloh to bother paying any attention to him.

At least they weren't stuffing food into him like Lizzy's kids.   I think Spencer used to live on vending machine food.

• LOL 1

I am really going to miss Billy Miller's Drew.  I really hope they do not kill or write off the character.  I know they are fictional characters, but I don't want Monica to lose yet another loved one or for Scout to lose such a great dad.  I don't want Jason to have any part of raising Scout.  The PC mob has enough children to ruin for life or to be killed.  I hope Drew leaves for a few months and takes Scout with him.  This would give TPTB time to recast the role.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 7/29/2019 at 10:39 PM, TeeVee329 said:

I get that Lucas and Brad aren't allowed to have an on-screen home, 

And yet Sonny has 3(!) home sets! I thought they had traded in the living room for the kitchen, but then recently I saw both. Along with the outdoor patio. Has any other character ever had this many sets? Even the Q’s only had living room and foyer/staircase.

19 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

They are awesome together. When/if MW decides to leave, I'd be more than happy to see Ava ride off into the sunset with Ryan.

Still holding out hope for Ava/ Kevin, although I know that ship has sailed. 

• Love 1

I haven't been around for Billy Miller's storyline so I don't know it (I'm picking up clues and asking questions that you all kindly answer for me) -- but I see the charisma you all do, yes.  He is a very handsome man and his charisma gives the effect of just being a super nice guy (obviously I don't know him so he could be the most annoying person on the planet).  I'm not jazzed by his character but that's only because I'm here for his swansong and it's clearly a sort of sad one....petering out as the actor prepares to leave.  I'm sorry to have missed him at his best.

• Love 4

Jason sees an open safe, with papers strewn about: "What's going on here?" Gee, take a wild guess, Sherlock.

Has Neil never googled himself? He acts like people knowing about his daughter is some giant security breach. I get he's unhappy the facts are out there, but that's how it goes.

Diane was really obnoxious today, urging Alexis to sleep with her therapist. Even once the professional relationship is over, it's a bad idea. The imbalance of power is still there.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

Leaving aside the fact of how the hell Shiloh knew EXACTLY where Drew's memory flash drive was stashed, he has a friend/accomplice who is in Port Charles (or can get there in a matter of an hour or so) and we're not supposed to see who it is yet.

So I haven't watched the any of the episodes so far this week (I might have watched Monday, but I really can't remember), but Shiloh knowing where the drive was makes sense. 

Margaux's last episode, she and Drew ran into each other at the hospital and they discussed the flash drive and then I think Drew had scenes with someone else in the hospital where he divulged where it was. And they camera kept panning on a nurse with short hair at the desk and she looked like she was eavesdropping on the conversation. I remember mentioning it on the board that the scenes were happening within earshot of that nurse the camera focused on a couple of times.

If Shiloh knows my money is on the nurse. But I doubt there will be any sort of follow up on that.

• Useful 3