Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Joss actually mentioned that other people had started putting up locks after she and Oscar did.  So, it was actually a correct thing to do to cut them down, because they are bad for the bridge.  No, it's not as huge a deal as Paris, or that roof or whatever in Seoul, but after a while those things damage the bridge, and... they are an eyesore to a lot of people, and vandalism to real sticklers and snobs (separate groups, I find them ugly but I'm not actually a snob in general)

(edited)

As Nina and Carly pat themselves on the back for how much they enjoyed the hatchet job on Ava, I'd just like to say that I'm not in the least enjoying the smugness of those two and Jax about it. Glass houses, people.  (I hope Ava takes them all down.)

How big is Liz's house that there is room for her and Franco, 3 boys and also a guest room?

I appreciated the acting as Nelle put together that Wylie is her son. Better than watching Joss and Dev. and the locks drama.

Edited by statsgirl
Ava is not Willow
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I've been reading about some lock on some bridge? Bridge? Like Robin and Jason's bridge? Lock? Like Original Lucky and Liz's metaphor about a lock? I usually hate acronyms, but GMAFB.

It’s always a good idea to re-do a formula with lesser writing and actors. A+ job, Frank.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I appreciated the acting as Nelle put together that Wylie is her son.

Doesn't she already know this, seeing as how she gave her baby to Brad in the first place? (I haven't seen today's ep yet.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

ZERO self-awareness

describes Carly today, too, in her description of Ava when she was gloating about the Crimson article and congratulating Jax. I caught a hint of a tear/regret from Carly when Nina expressed surprise that Carly and Jax are exes given how she speaks of him ... like Carly was acknowledging internally that life was the best it ever was going to be when she was married to Jax, but she couldn't hold on to that because she's so addicted to her toxic relationships with Sonny and Jason. 

I'm not an Ava fan but I really enjoyed her interrupting the Nina and Valentin ick fest in the Crimson office, and all of her lines to Nina. I don't get why Nina and Valentin and also Maxie and Peter think all the kissy face, I'm soooo crazy about youuuuuu behavior is appropriate for the workplace. Speaking of ick, Franco - but I enjoyed seeing him all squirmy and freaking out that he could be harmed by some unknown situation in the future.

The Nelle actress did a good job in appearing scared/unraveling upon realizing that her baby boy is in danger as a result of her own lies and scheming. 

Did Hayden steal that blue blouse with sleeves that are much too long for her from Brenda Barrett? And why is she wearing a long-sleeve shirt for house-hunting in the middle of summer? Btw the show acting like Elizabeth and Hayden are warm and sisterly and always have been is stupid. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

How big is Liz's house that there is room for her and Franco, 3 boys and also a guest room?

If Cam has his own room, it's 4 bedrooms. Liz/Franco, Cam, Jake/Aiden (referenced at Aiden's birthday party - "does this mean I finally get my own room?" and guest. Probably couch crashing involved here for Cam or some bunking with his bros. 

• Love 1

Liz specifically invited Hayden to stay in her guest room. If Aiden and Jake want their own rooms, why keep separate room for guests that come about once every 3 years?

19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Doesn't she already know this, seeing as how she gave her baby to Brad in the first place? (I haven't seen today's ep yet.)

Harmony was telling Nelle in their jail cell about her grandson's birthday being today and the whole history, and Nelle listened and sympathized, ending with how much she hopes that her grandson can stay with his two fathers, one of whom is a doctor and the other a lab tech, at which point Nelle figured out who she was talking about. Ending with how important it is to keep the baby away from his birth father, a feeling Nelle devoutly shared.

• Useful 1

Ah, I get it. That makes sense. Thanks, @statsgirl.

4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Ending with how important it is to keep the baby away from his birth father, a feeling Nelle devoutly shared.

Though in Riley's case, it's best he's kept away from his birth grandparents.

34 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

21 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

If Cam has his own room, it's 4 bedrooms. Liz/Franco, Cam, Jake/Aiden (referenced at Aiden's birthday party - "does this mean I finally get my own room?" and guest. Probably couch crashing involved here for Cam or some bunking with his bros. 

Remember, Liz's house has a very large and roomy attic.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)

I wonder if Michael will change Willey's name.  Like, they did it on DAYS with Isaac/Zack but not with JT as I recall.  They did change it on OLTL with Hope.... Like, does it depend on age?  Cause Willey is already a year old, he's attached to that name.  And how old will he be when he's finally "revealed"? 

ETA: and Jonah is a stupid name.  Like, I get the biblical reference, but no.

Edited by ouinason
added a thought
  • Love 4

One psychic was fun, two psychics is pushing it, but I could come around on Chelsea if she keeps foretelling grim warnings to Franco and does less of the lame "Jax's face was on the champagne bottle!" stuff. Actually, I'm not going to make fun of Franco for being nervous about driving, because I've been in a similar situation. (I often die in my dreams and once dreamed I died in a car crash, and getting behind the wheel the next day was hard, so I feel Franco's nervous energy.)

So many Nikolas references raining down on us, it's ridiculous. There better be some payoff here, show. If he's not tucked away in some dusty corner of town waiting for Ava to find him ('cause she has experience finding people who were thought dead), then I'm gonna be pissed. Hell, maybe he's hidden in the pages of that super-thick copy of Crimson (did you SEE the size of that thing?).

I'm so torn with Nelle's involvement here and presumably her maternal instincts kicking in to protect Wiley. On one hand, I'm so ready for ANYTHING to reveal the truth so we can finally move on. On the other hand, I don't want Brad and Lucas to be devastated when they have to turn Wiley over to dull as dishwater Michael. Other than the biological link, there's absolutely no incentive to want to see Michael raise another little Corinthos. His line to Carly about not feeling sorry for Nelle or caring for her at all was so cold and dispassionate and an excellent reminder of why Nelle wanted to keep her baby away from Michael and his family in the first place.

• Love 12
50 minutes ago, Linny said:

Other than the biological link, there's absolutely no incentive to want to see Michael raise another little Corinthos. His line to Carly about not feeling sorry for Nelle or caring for her at all was so cold and dispassionate and an excellent reminder of why Nelle wanted to keep her baby away from Michael and his family in the first place.

They're freakin' baby collectors who once they get their clutches on a child cut the birth mother out of the picture.   Had Morgan done his Corinthii duty before ~dying he would've knocked up Kiki so that she could become an enemy of their state and they could appropriate her baby.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 7/22/2019 at 9:48 AM, ByaNose said:

Yeah, purse snatcher Dev needs to go. I know they are going for the whole rebel without a cause thing but he's more annoying then a rebel. I know in real life that EMc is life long friends with the actor playing Dev but it's not showing up on screen. I know she likes the actor playing Cam because they are always on social media. I got the impression she didn't care for the actor playing Oscar because she never posted anything about him. Even when the character died. Teenagers are so fickle. LOL!!! Anyhoo.....Dev might be here a while if MB likes him. He seems to have a say who stays around if he likes them

The actor that played Oscar has nothing or anybody related  to GH on his social media but has stuff posted about the  Disney show Andi Mack that he was on. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Linny said:

Other than the biological link, there's absolutely no incentive to want to see Michael raise another little Corinthos.

I don't know why the show is so desperate to saddle Michael - whose romances are already so deathly boring - with a kid.  They already played with that idea before Nelle, with Sabrina and her sprog.

Meanwhile, so much more interesting fodder to see Lucas and Brad raising a kid (of which we've seen zero because they're never shown just the two of them at home with their child), but they went in a direction that will result in a gay couple breaking up and not being parents anymore.  Cool, cool, cool, Shelly Altman.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Linny said:

On the other hand, I don't want Brad and Lucas to be devastated when they have to turn Wiley over to dull as dishwater Michael.

I feel badly for Lucas because he is going to be completely blindsided.

Brad? Not so much.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:
3 hours ago, Linny said:

Other than the biological link, there's absolutely no incentive to want to see Michael raise another little Corinthos.

I don't know why the show is so desperate to saddle Michael - whose romances are already so deathly boring - with a kid.  They already played with that idea before Nelle, with Sabrina and her sprog.

And it was so successful!

Michael is such a wimp. He lets Nelle manipulate him into visiting her. Why does he believe she'll tell him the truth? What an idiot.

Why the stalker cam with Nelle going to see Michael? We know he's the visitor. I think at this point Nelle should tell Michael that Wiley is actually Jonah. She's in prison for a while anyway, and the news will come out. Why not detonate that grenade herself?

I do not understand what's going on with Ava. She hates the story, then she reads some nice things people have said and it's fine. Then she reads some of the meaner comments and suddenly it's back to betrayal by Nina. WTF? Did she genuinely expect 100 percent positive feedback? A reminder, Ava: You agreed to the story. No one forced you to talk. Gah.

• Love 1

Too bad Lucas can't seduce Michael so he can keep raising Willey.  That's the route that they would take if it was straight people who adopted him, Pseudo relations be damned.

Oh spare me the Carly praise, Jax! "The difference between you and Nelle is that you learned and she didn't." Well not until after she destroyed her mother's marriage and stole her husband and whatever else! Give me a break! And like Carly didn't keep doing horrible things for years to come.

• Love 18
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I appreciated the acting as Nelle put together that Wylie is her son.

She knows Wylie is Jonah.  What she was putting together is that Harmony was laying it on thick that Shiloh is teh evil which means Wylie/Jonah is in danger.  I predict she'll say something cryptic to Michael on Monday about keeping an eye on Wylie/Jonah.  

Nice to see that Nelle is keeping up her highlights and brows in prison. They must have a top notch salon. 

This show is determined to be The Waltons, only with a murderer and his huge clan of children by many mothers.

Since this story is happening whether we like it or not, and since I do think she is a competent actress, just have Nelle sacrifice herself in some way to protect Wiley, leaving some wiggle room for her to be redeemed and released from prison. Cuz the only saving grace would be that Carly has to deal with her.  Again.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I don't get why Nelle is so worried. Shiloh will be required to take a paternity test and she knows he isn't passing that test.

But that brings up the fact that Willow did not sleep with anyone else, so she would want to know why the test said he wasn't the biological father. Then someone will remember that Wiley and Jonah were born on the same day, and Nelle was sort of friends with Brad.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Oh spare me the Carly praise, Jax! "The difference between you and Nelle is that you learned and she didn't." 

Hey Jax, remember how Carly had Sonny drug you and set you with a prostitute so she could take full custody of your kid?

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

As Nina and Carly pat themselves on the back for how much they enjoyed the hatchet job on Willow, I'd just like to say that I'm not in the least enjoying the smugness of those two and Jax about it. Glass houses, people.  (I hope Ava takes them all down.)

Same.  And, really, to what end?  Literally so they could gloat?  Ava's not going to prison, she's not going to lose her business and a month from now no one is going to give a fuck about that interview.  Wow, you guys really showed her, haHAHA /fakeCarlylaugh.

• Love 7

I'm beginning to believe the soap execs are trying to discourage viewers. There is so much tired trash recycling going on this summer on all the soaps. Why should we continue watching? 

The thought of Jax and Carly is so repulsive not even the possibility of Sonny and Jason's heads exploding makes it palatable. 

• Love 5

That wasn't a fashion magazine, it was a 1970's phone book with Ava's cover photo glued onto it. 

Hayden needs to dial back the smug.  She's practically at a Corinthos level of smug. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I don't get why Nelle is so worried. Shiloh will be required to take a paternity test and she knows he isn't passing that test.

Her looks of panic were in reaction to Harmony saying (paraphrasing here) that Shiloh would do whatever it took to get his hands on Wiley, and she hoped Lucas and Brad would run away with the baby. During her last conversation with Brad, she said you'd find a place in my little boy's life for me when I get out of prison right?

So she could be worried about a paternity test, or simply that Shiloh believes the baby is his and so he might kidnap him - thus dangerrr. On the other hand, she may be worried that - with encouragement from Harmony and/or her daughter and maybe others -Lucas and Brad will indeed run away with the baby to keep Shiloh from getting him. Thus she would never see her son again. I've been under the impression that Nelle gave Brad her son with the intention of not only keeping him away from Michael and Carly and Sonny, but also reclaiming him from Brad and Lucas when she got out of Pentonville one day ... or at least playing the role of "Auntie Nelle" in his life. I remember her saying "my son" to Brad when they saw each other at Pentonville, and he corrected her "OUR son," mentioning Lucas.  I think the Nelle actress was directed to show that she sees Wylie/Jonah as her (and Michael's son), period. 

• Love 2

As this episode had some of my favorite people, it was great. But Nina, Valentin, Jax, and Carly all being smug bitches dragged it down a lot. And Michael can STFU.

Ava looks so damn good compared to everyone else. Maybe they're just flat out jealous. IDK.

Jax/Hayden scenes and Chase/Hayden scenes were cute. She has good chem all over the place with everyone.

I'm continuing to really like Harmony and putting her with Nelle makes for two great actresses getting to play off one another.

I guess they're still off a day from this week, so we'll be getting Friday's episode on Monday?

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ouinason said:

Don't blame Morgan, we all know he's Avery's real father and that Carly fucked with the paternity test.  

I'll go to my grave swearing this is the truth.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

You meant Ava, right?

Thanks. I went back and fixed it.

2 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I think that's why she's worried, that when the paternity test is done, the truth will come out and she will lose any chance with Michael forever when he finds out what she's done. She's delusional enough to think she might get him back.

I don't know how Jax and Hayden think that they're going to search Wyndermere while they're invited for dinner. Do they think Hayden will slip out to go to the washroom and Velentin and Nina won't notice when she doesn't come back for half an hour?  I hope Liesl gets to snark on that one.

• Love 3

I posted my comment about Jax praising Carly on FB and someone just went off about all of Jax's  misdeeds over the years. I was like whoa! I was talking about Carly, not Jax. Calm it down.  Lol I know Jax has done wrong too but I was criticizing him praising Carly about learning her lesson unlike Nelle. Had nothing to do with forgetting all of Jax's sins. 🙄

• Love 5
9 hours ago, ciarra said:

[Rebecca Budig] needs to dial back the smug.  She's practically at a Corinthos level of smug. 

Oh dear, Greenlee on "All My Children" was also unbearable when she was being extra smug.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:
14 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Oh spare me the Carly praise, Jax! "The difference between you and Nelle is that you learned and she didn't." 

Hey Jax, remember how Carly had Sonny drug you and set you with a prostitute so she could take full custody of your kid?

Hey, Jax, remember how Carly's husband Sonny got you deported so you couldn't see your kid? Yes, Carly was mad about it, but she didn't tell Sonny to butt out until it was too late.

I mean, the examples are endless.

• Love 10

If other characters didn't endlessly prop Carly, would she just collapse in a heap? Or is it that the audience would be more aware that she's not as great as she seems?

Every time I see that giant reflecting light (or whatever it's called) in Nina's office, I wonder if Crimson doesn't have enough money to have a storage closet for their equipment. Yes show, we get it, she runs a fashion magazine. That doesn't mean the equipment needs to hang out offsite in her office.

• Love 3
(edited)
35 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If other characters didn't endlessly prop Carly Franco, would he just collapse in a heap? Or is it that the audience would be more aware that he's not as great as he seems?

Fixed that for you 😉

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 5

WHO HAS A BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR A 1 YEAR OLD AT A FANCY RESTAURANT? They should have been in the park where he could play instead of having to be passed around to adults. Also, way to give stereotyped boy toys.

Best thing Carly ever did was interrupt Nelle when she was trying to get Michael back by telling him about Jonas.

I'm not impressed by Michael's Jason impression.

I see that now that Julian is no longer the town pariah, it's all on Ava now. I do like the new psychic though.

• Love 1

Shiloh is broke so he can't afford to pay for a lawyer, he's down to picking up stray  dollar bills by the dumpster. That's why he needs a public defender.

Was Bobbie always this self-righteous and annoying?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I see that now that Julian is no longer the town pariah, it's all on Ava now.

Lol i think it’s just a temporary reprieve. I’m sure once the baby switch comes out, they’ll be back to screaming at him

• Love 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I see that now that Julian is no longer the town pariah, it's all on Ava now. I do like the new psychic though.

I'm pretty sure that's just a reprieve. Now Willow wants him to be part of Wiley's life and Brad and Lucas are talking him up.

Julian will be back sitting next to Ava in no time at all. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, sas616 said:
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Stupid DVR didn't record today's episode. 😠

Neither did mine.   I took it as the DVR protesting today's announcement.

I always think of it as my DVR protecting me from the enormity of the show's stupidity. Hee.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Today's episode was labeled Friday July 26. If you already had one on your DVR (the one that aired on Friday but was supposed to be Thursday's, ) the machine assumed you already had it and didn't record today's.

• Useful 1