Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E07: Haute Tech Couture

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

I just cannot see what the judges saw in Ashley's dress.  It was a bunch of photos pasted together.  The tongue bath and worship just confused me. 

I'm glad they gave it to Kelly, as she designed it specifically for Heidi.  The Klum Holy Trinity: Short, tight, sparkly. 

Swapnil came off as an entitled ass on this episode, and they saw how he was phoning it in.  He better get a grip and do something. 

Joseph was the right one to go.  He didn't really have anything unique. 

And all 3 judges, excepting Paula just came off as bitter, snide and nasty to me tonight.  Idiots. 

• Love 9

I adore Swapnil beyond all reason, but I wanted to slap him up side the head this week!! "I'm not trying to win yet, I just want to be safe." (paraphrasing) And the many smoke and snack breaks, while everyone else works away. I truly can't abide that kind of lazy, lackadaisical attitude when there is so much at stake.

I'm so happy for Kelly's win! Truly deserved.

Why is Lindsey growing on me?

I also didn't find anything amazing about Ashley's little dress. It looked stiff, tooooooo short, and not as imaginative as the judges thought. "Who knew Polaroids would do that?!" Um...I did! I learned that years ago in my scrapbooking days.

Edited by Marmiarmo
  • Love 5

I hope they made sure everyone's tetanus shots were up to date for this one, so many metal bits to scratch them.

I thought Laurie's look should have been in the bottom.

I didn't like Swapnil's attitude in this one, a little too over confident.

I really liked Kelly's and Ashley's, and Lindsey's top.

Celebrity judge not so good this week.

• Love 5

I adore Swapnil beyond all reason, but I wanted to slap him up side the head this week!! "I'm not trying to win yet, I just want to be safe." (paraphrasing) And the many smoke and snack breaks, while everyone else works away. i truly can't abide that kind of lazy, lackadaisical attitude when there is so much at stake.

I'm so happy for Kelly's win! Truly deserved.

Why is Lindsey growing on me?

ITA. Apparently Swapnil is already a very successful designer in India but he needs to step it up in Project Runway. He is very talented and that thing that he sent down the runway has some potential, as the judges saw, but needed way more work to become a wearable design.

I would have given the win to ashley for her perfect dress but Kelly's was perfect for Heidi, so of course it won.

I was thinking, as we were watching the runway, that Tim would for sure use his Save on Swapnil. It no longer looks like he may need to use it on Ashley. She is really good.

• Love 24

Some of my Swapnil love died tonight as a designer, not all. But 100% of my lady crush died as soon as I saw him smoking.

I liked Kelly's the best tonight.

Didn't care for Joseph's and Linsays was snoozy, but I also thought Laurie's was hideous, only rivaled by the hideousness of her high cut underwear from last week. Get it together Laurie.

Poor Jake, I Teared up a bit.

Edited by TiredMe
  • Love 17

Kelly and Ashley both used incredibly creative approaches with their materials. I could live with either (though loved Ashley's. Photographer me thought that was *genius.*). But, yes, short and shiny always will catch Heidi's eye.

In this case, I'm okay with that. Not wildly in love, but okay.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 14

I thought Merline's was hideous and she was lucky to have immunity.

Agreed with the judges sending Joseph home, and can only hope that Lindsey will follow next week. She hasn't made anything of interest at all.

Paula Patton's fashion critiques are even worse than her acting.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

I'm glad Kelly won, her dress was the best. She made it look so soft and pliable. I liked Ashley's, too.

Poor Jake. I feel bad for him. I understand completely. I remember after I had my cat put to sleep I kept thinking I heard him meow.

• Love 18

I'm... confused about the Swapnil stuff. Yes, his attitude this week wasn't great and his garment didn't work out, but the judges were talking like they have been thinking he's been phoning it in for a while. Zack even said something like "I'm getting tired of this with him" or something. Which might make sense for someone perpetually in the bottom or even middle, but he is ALWAYS on the top. Yes, he's never won but a) there have been a number of times many people here on the boards thought he should have, and b) consistently being top 3 is pretty damn impressive in general, not something normally scoffed at. We've seen zero evidence of this storyline before, or the judges doing anything but loving Swapnil. Where did it come from?

As for his attitude, I thought he was edited to look very bad this week, with the emphasis on breaks and etc. And obviously he slacked off a bit too much this week. But honestly, I think the idea of conserving energy and ideas until later -- especially when your "60-80%" is constantly landing you at the top -- is actually a legitimate strategy. Project Runway is a marathon, you have to save some for the end.

Me too! We haven't seen any of the judges really say anything negative to him and suddenly Zac is fed up. What?! I guess we'll see next week if this is some sort of (seemingly) trumped up redemption arc, or if he will continue to slide. I certainly hope it's not the latter!

• Love 15

I had a dress identical to Ashley's, back in 1986.  But it was red, polished cotton and a tad longer.  Same cap sleeve, same boat neck, same angled open back and same gathered skirt.  Not a shred of originality in that design, honey.  Try again. 

I still don't like Laurie or her clothing. 

Weird and sad about Jake, but it shows how little he will be missed.  

I thought all three safe ones were hideous.  But I also thought two out of the three bottom ones were hideous too (I didn't mind Lindsey's), so it's hard to rank which ones I would've put in the bottom.

Edmond had a good idea, and I liked the effect of the upside-down keys, but I hated the shoulders.  Hated.

Jake's greyhound was adorable.  My parents have Italian Greyhounds (the small ones), and if they're anything alike in temperament, they are the sweetest things.

Lindsey should always wear her hair up.  I kept noticing how cute she looked in this episode (I found her annoying in earlier ones, so I guess she's worn me down).

• Love 8

I actually thought Swapnil's was the most interesting and had the most potential.  I liked Kelly's but it still just stuff glued on muslin.  I thought Ashley's was way over-praised.  The materials weren't really transformed--it looked exactly like Polaroids glued to fabric.  I was hoping her approach was going to result in a better looking textile.  Maybe cutting the white borders off the Polaroids would have helped.

Nothing came close to S5 Leanne and Korto's car parts outfits, so I'm glad Tim didn't come back and say it was best runway in the history, blah, blah, blah.

• Love 6

Swapnil was my second favorite after Edmond, but he lost points with me tonight. I see no value to just trying to coast; putting little effort in can easily end up with a bottom look and a trip home. He just seemed really different tonight for some reason. Edmond continues to keep his head down and keep working. I liked his outfit but to me Ashley's was the winner. Yes, we all know what Poloraids are but she created a cool pattern on the squares and made a cute dress. Kelly's dress was a little boxy to me but it was cute.

I didn't like Merline's dress at all and while I think she is a cool person, I don't care for her style in general. 

• Love 6

What the hell was wrong with Paula Patton?! She was so weird and stiff with her creepy forever smile. Strange.

It's kind of hilarious how the editors create a new storyline every week...out of nowhere! This seson is all over the place.

Yay Kelly and a possible return to fabric next week.

• Love 9

Some of my Swapnil love died tonight as a designer, not all. But 100% of my lady crush died as soon as I saw him smoking.

Poor Jake, I Teared up a bit.

Agree so much to both.  I full out cried for Jake.  Poor guy, he wasn't long for the show anyway, and probably realized it, but how sad. 

• Love 17

I really don't believe that Swapnil was trying to be in the middle. I think he just got tired of trying so hard and never winning and that's what created his defeatist attitude this week. Like why try, I'm not going to win anyway so screw it.

So sad about Jake's dog. I actually teared up a little bit for him.

I was happy to see Candice land in the middle where she clearly belonged. Her dress wasn't nearly as interesting as she thought. I swear Elana made that same dress ten times already.

Yay for Kelly. I loved her look! I actually loved all top three. Edmond is really starting to grow on me. I like that he goes into each challenge wanting to win and not playing it safe like Lindsay, Joseph and Laurie.

• Love 16

Do not like Candice or her dress.

I liked Kelly's but her model walked weird, very gingerly.

SOOO sad about Jake's (?) dog. Omg. What a beauty. :(

As much as I do not like the unconventionals, none of these were horrible. Did not care for Swapnil. Glad Candice was just safe, she was so cocky. I guess Merline had immunity so hers being safe did not much matter. Did not hate Lindsey's white dress, after all that.

Joseph seemed doomed this whole show, if not the whole season.

Liked Edmund's a lot.

• Love 4

I'm... confused about the Swapnil stuff. Yes, his attitude this week wasn't great and his garment didn't work out, but the judges were talking like they have been thinking he's been phoning it in for a while. Zac even said something like "I'm getting tired of this with him." Which might make sense for someone perpetually in the bottom or even middle, but he is ALWAYS on the top. Yes, he's never won but a) there have been a number of times many people here on the boards thought he should have, and b) consistently being top 3 is pretty damn impressive in general, not something normally scoffed at. We've seen zero evidence of this storyline before, or the judges doing anything but loving Swapnil. Where did it come from?

This. The whole thing came out of nowhere. Like you, I was thinking Swapnil has been very consistent throughout the competition thus far, so Zac saying he was tired of this with him left me puzzled. Now if he was talking about Joseph or some other person who was in the bottom a lot I would understand, but Swapnil has been in the top a lot.

I really don't believe that Swapnil was trying to be in the middle. I think he just got tired of trying so hard and never winning and that's what created his defeatist attitude this week. Like why try, I'm not going to win anyway so screw it.

I kind of agree with this, because with immunity still up for grabs I would think all would want to win. If they were having a hard time with the challenge I could see someone phoning it in and hoping to be safe, but overall I would think they would want immunity and possibly if the challenge offered a good prize. 

I knew Kelly would win because it was so Heidi. I loved Ashley's dress the best.

I did think Lindsey's dress was dull, but not as dull as Joseph's. What did Lindsey say about the judging while the were in the waiting area after the critique? I got a phone call during that bit.

• Love 5
I'm... confused about the Swapnil stuff. Yes, his attitude this week wasn't great and his garment didn't work out, but the judges were talking like they have been thinking he's been phoning it in for a while.

Count me in on this. This made no sense to me. I didn't really know what to make of his claim that he hasn't really been trying; he seems to talk a lot of shit, so who knows how sincere he was being with that stuff. Everyone seemed a bit fatigued; I'm sympathetic to the procrastinators, so I wasn't as bothered by his attitude tonight. I didn't love what he made tonight, but I'm glad he survived.

Glad to see the back of Joseph. Didn't like his personality or his clothes. His thing tonight wasn't creative, but worse it looked clunky and awkward. He also made the classic mistake of the "mumsy" designer on PR: he thinks "sexy" means just cut it up to there and down to there (setting aside the fact that his skirt that he thought was so daring didn't strike me as very short at all). He should have looked to his left on the runway, because Edmond made a much sexier outfit that included a knee-length skirt.

Loved Kelly's and thought it deserved the win, regardless of whether it hit Heidi's usual requirements of short and tight. Ashley's didn't do a lot for me and Edmond's wasn't as streamlined as Kelly's.

I still like Lindsay and still think she gives some of the most honest talking heads about her own designs of anyone that's been on Project Runway. It's refreshing to hear someone give such accurate assessments of where they stand with the judges and how much they like their own designs, without crumpling into a heap of self-loathing. She likes what she does, but accepts that the judges don't, and I can respect that.

• Love 12

None of these designs were that bad. All the models looked like they were walking very, very carefully, like what they were wearing was going to fall off any minute.

I liked Kellys and glad she won.

I didn't think Joseph's was not that bad but it was time for him to go home.

• Love 2

My thought on Zach's comment about "getting tired of this" with Swapnil or whatever: I think on the lingerie challenge, while the idea was admired, they noticed a lack of finishing and kind of sloppy workmanship. Not sure if that's been the case on other things -- I remember thinking his flower skirt on the Hallmark challenge looked like he had spent a good deal of time on it.

That said, I totally thought they were setting us up for a Swapnil auf and the Tim Save. I was actually surprised when Swapnil was safe. I mean, there was random, rolled-edge duct tape wrapped around the cables on his dress! I would have considered both sending him home and Tim giving him a second chance completely justified.

Edited by Resalyn
  • Love 5

I'm... confused about the Swapnil stuff. Yes, his attitude this week wasn't great and his garment didn't work out, but the judges were talking like they have been thinking he's been phoning it in for a while. Zac even said something like "I'm getting tired of this with him." Which might make sense for someone perpetually in the bottom or even middle, but he is ALWAYS on the top. Yes, he's never won but a) there have been a number of times many people here on the boards thought he should have, and b) consistently being top 3 is pretty damn impressive in general, not something normally scoffed at. We've seen zero evidence of this storyline before, or the judges doing anything but loving Swapnil. Where did it come from?

As for his attitude, I thought he was edited to look very bad, with the emphasis on breaks and etc. And obviously he slacked off a bit too much this week. But honestly, I think the idea of conserving energy and ideas until later -- especially when your "60-80%" is constantly landing you at the top -- is actually a legitimate strategy. Project Runway is a marathon, you have to save some for the end.

Anyway, loved Kelly's look, glad she won!

ETA: Oh, and I was worried that after Jake left (sad about the dog, less sad about him leaving, he wasn't long for the competition) they'd bring Blake back. Glad that didn't happen!

I've always assumed that if there is any strategy that can be employed it's to show improvement, but then you're relying too heavily upon the whims of the judges. I always suspect editorial manipulation, and am betting Swap will pull out some consecutive wins, and the judges will congratulate themselves on his new attitude.

I thought Kelly's was well done, and the material was truly amazing, but, considering her own personal accessorizing, I'm surprised she went so minimal on hair and makeup. (Maybe I am still awed by Jeremy Scott's latest retro runway.) I liked Edmund's quite a bit as well.

Mrs. Thicke was pleasant, but did not anything substantive to the judging, breaking our interesting guest judge streak.

• Love 2

I'll admit to choking up and shedding a tear at Jake's departure, but it had nothing to do with him leaving and everything to do with the very painful decision to put my beloved pug (pictured left) to sleep two years ago. The less I say about that, the better.

Edmonds silhouette reminded me of the black feather dress Sansa Stark wore when she was brought to The Eyrie. YAx3OYo.png

I noticed of all the creations Candice's design seemed the most physically restrictive because her model was barely able to move down the runway. It was a stark contrast to the designs that both directly preceded and followed because those models seemed to be barreling down the catwalk as if they were wearing flowing gotten gowns.

Merline's creation was unappealing. It looked like a rejected costume for Julianne Moore from The Seventh Son. Her model must have hated it as well because was giving the cameras some pretty strong stank face during the runway and then did an annoyed blink as she turned away so naturally I had to rewind that bit for a good chuckle.

Kelly and Ashley both created interesting pieces but I don't see how sitting would be feasible in either of those.

I was disappointed with Swapnil this episode because he gave up and coasted on his inherent talent. Perhaps he was burned out at this juncture, frustrated with yet another unconventional materials challenge (is it normal to have more than one per season?) or just entirely fed up of never winning despite consistently being in the top. Regardless, Swapnil should not have told Candice that he was only exerting himself halfway. While it may be true, that kind of hubris could easily get him kicked from the competition as it rubs people the wrong way.

Perhaps most disappointing of all was learning what an avid smoker Swapnil is. Yuck. He must smell like an ash tray.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 10

I know we heard Swapnil's strategy from the man himself, but I don't buy he's been no-humming it all this time. I DO buy that he's been careful not to shoot his wad all at once or peak too soon, but I don't think that's the same thing as not trying. What I saw tonight had producer manipulation all over it. Combine the strategy "confession" with clip after clip of Swapnil sitting or standing still or taking a smoke break and a few shots of what appear to be other contestants staring bemusedly in Swapnil's direction and you have a narrative. No one else took breaks? Of course they did. We just didn't see them in this episode because it didn't fit the narrative.

That said, Swapnil, stop smoking. You're much too pretty to stink and have yellow teeth.

• Love 23

Did anyone else think that Candice's design look like a big, Picasso-esque face on the model?  The two white sections of the dress over the breasts reminded me of eyes.

I also thought that she should have been in the bottom, too - just because the colors she and Joseph chose remind me of the '80's - that royal blue/black combo was probably about 60% of my wardrobe then.

I'm glad that Lindsay didn't go home, because I kind of liked her dress.  It wasn't overly inspirational, but at least she was thinking a little out of the box with the keyboard keys.  I liked the pattern they made on the top.

I thought Ashley's was cute, but not as amazing as the judges made it out to be.  I thought it was waaay too short (no one wearing that could sit down or bend down without having major exposure).

I like Kelly, and I guess I would have to say that her dress was the best out of the top three.  She had me laughing out loud with her stories about her cat "Cufflink" and her brother and her Mom.  Sounds like a fun, happy family!  

Swapnil disappointed me tonight, because I didn't like his outfit at all.  One of the things Tim said was that the outfit "must be wearable" - well, first of all, that was not really wearable, and looking up close, it was held together with duct tape and regular tape.  I, too, didn't understand why Zac and the rest of judges are all of a sudden on the "I'm sick of Swapnil" train, but they were correct in their judging this week in this case.

Zac totally embarrassed himself with the "Swapnil juice" comment, and Heidi further embarrassed him by jumping right on it!!  

• Love 5

Yes, my baby is to the left also, still miss her.

They were in New York, yes? Ashley (I think) said something about walking down a NY street, so they were in the same city as MOOD.

Ashley's model was Aud (?) right, the one that is usually in the top?

• Love 3

Zac even said something like "I'm getting tired of this with him." Which might make sense for someone perpetually in the bottom or even middle, but he is ALWAYS on the top.

I was thrown by that comment. It seemed out of place (as everyone else has said). I did, however, want to say to Swapnil, "Pull it together, man! Come on! I don't want you to go home!" At the same time, I can understand hitting a wall of fatigue and just not feeling it, especially given how many times he's come close to winning but missed it every. single. time. Still... I want him to make it to Fashion Week so he really needs to kick some ass.

I liked Kelly's and I liked Ashley's, so I would have been happy if either one of them had won. I liked that both of them got some solid validation from the judges. I hope they both take those compliments and remember them next time they're having a crisis of confidence.

I also liked the thoughtfulness Edmond put into his garment. Once again, you can tell he's been watching this show since the very beginning and taking it all very seriously. He not only made an interesting design (though I didn't love the fringe, whether Nina says it's "in" or not, no thank you, LOL), but he also made a cute little clutch out of unconventional materials as well. It just shows that he's been paying attention and he's thinking very strategically about each challenge. I like that about him a lot.

• Love 16

Perhaps most disappointing of all was learning what an avid smoker Swapnil is. Yuck. He must smell like an ash tray.

Yes, not good, Swapnil. Not good for your health, and not attractive.

Ashley's model was Aud (?) right, the one that is usually in the top?

I think her name is Aube. She's gorgeous.

I did not love Candice's outfit. Most of it was generally fine, but I hated those two white headlights on the breasts. It was distracting, not badass.

• Love 10

Having watched Unreal, I just imagined Quinn deciding that they needed a storyline, and  since Swapnil is a viewer favorite, they made him the focus of an edit as a talented guy just phoning it in. Could have played a variation on that game with any designer. i would prefer to see more closeups of serious work, or even their preliminary sketches...i watch this show because I am interested in the process as well as the people.

That said, is it my imagination or is Ms Klum reliving the '80s in her outfits this year...seriously, the woman needs a new stylist.

• Love 7

I don't think Swapnil was defeatist from the heartbreak of never winning. He was flat out arrogant: "I am extremely happy it's looking very well made. It's looking sculptural. I like to push the envelope. It's looking beautiful overall. I think I might win this one." Good Lord the delusions. No Swapnil, it wasn't well made, it wasn't beautiful, and you had no chance of winning. He spent five minutes on his sculptural masterpiece and it showed. I can open up my storage box of intertwined cable and extension cords right now, and I guarantee it looks more "couture" than that dreck. He completely turned me off tonight.

Candice was very Gretchen-like tonight.

Very happy for Kelly and Ashley.

I continue to love Edmond's attitude.

• Love 6

I don't think Swapnil was defeatist from the heartbreak of never winning. He was flat out arrogant: "I am extremely happy it's looking very well made. It's looking sculptural. I like to push the envelope. It's looking beautiful overall. I think I might win this one." Good Lord the delusions. No Swapnil, it wasn't well made, it wasn't beautiful, and you had no chance of winning. He spent five minutes on his sculptural masterpiece and it showed. I can open up my storage box of intertwined cable and extension cords right now, and I guarantee it looks more "couture" than that dreck. He completely turned me off tonight.

I think it started out sculptural, and had the potential to be really unusual, but then he seemed to give up so the end result looked hideous to me.

• Love 7

I liked Kelly's dress, and thought it was the best of all of them.  Ashley's polaroids were interesting, and I liked her dress, but I liked the top a lot more than the bottom.  I thought the top was a great use of the Polaroids since their shape helped create the top's shape, but the skirt just seemed like the Polaroids were just tacked on.

Hated Edwards mouse pad shoulders and fringe.  I also hated Merline's dull mess with the huge shoulders.  Why do designers think women want to wear dresses that will make it hard to climb into cars and walk through doorways? 

Candace's dress seemed badly made and ugly as well as boring.  I thought that should be in the bottom over Lindsey's.  I also hated Swapnil's, and have no idea what the judges saw in the top.  It seemed like he was trying for avante garde but failed.

I thought there would be a lot of fringe on the runway considering they had all that wire, so was a bit disappointed about that.  Swapnil had a great idea to take the coating off some of the wires, but then I don't think he used them at all.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 2

I would have put Candice in the bottom 3, rather than Lindsey. Her dress looked like a badly designed Latin ballroom dance costume, and the white color blocking that covered the breasts was both tacky and misaligned.

ITA. It looked like a sloppy repeat of the leather dress she made   The white breasts too.. silly looking to me.  I look back at previous challenges and that tight pencil skirt/dress with the silhouette lines is about all I see her do.   I hope the judges will catch on to this.  I have my eye on her.  Not sure she has anything else to say in design.

Swapnil: ( I don't have ep 1)   but ep2 card challenge--.top 3.they loved.  ep 3 cruise challenge/india ;top 3 they loved .  Ep 4 black ruffled dress (mary Kay)top 3-  they loved.  Ep5 paint ball mens team win..swapnil's pulled out as top 3.(used the shirt around the waist and the boots to make the corset.) they loved.  Ep 6 lingerie top 3 "a show-stopper".  So they are really pushing it to pretend he's been skating by.  ( Looking at the coming attractions I wonder if they are trying to give him more plot line since the girls love him)

I hope they aren't going to continue with the made up drama stuff.  It's pretty transparent.   It's possible they may be setting up a "Tim Gunn Save" for   Swapnil .  

• Love 8

I'm glad a couple of you mentioned the duct tape on Swapnil's garment. I thought my eyes were deceiving me. How could he let that happen? Can someone explain 10 9 as it has to do with a smoke break?

Swapnil Juice needs to be on a shirt.

• Love 4

Whoever is lucky enough to have Aube as their model has a definite advantage. This time it was Ashley and as usual, Aube was perfection, and Ashley's dress looked fantastic on her.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 12

Regardless of my opinion of Jake in previous episodes, I really feel for him and I support his choice to go home to put his dog to sleep. And even though Lindsey has annoyed me before, the fact that she said she understood his decision and would do the same thing made me like her. I also love that Kelly was the first one who went to hug Jake. My dog died over a decade ago and I got teary just listening to Jake tell Tim what was going on.

Swapnil definitely won some points with me this week when he started dancing to the hammering in the workroom. I also loved Laurie picking up the boom box and then rapping "Whoomp! There It is" so a lot of the designers had positive moments for me during the first half hour or so of the episode.

I can't believe that this is the 14th season and there are still designers who think that they should leave exposed muslin during the unconventional challenge (then again, look what happened with people like Blake during the previous unconventional materials challenge this season so apparently it's totally fine to do now), so I loved that when Swapnil mentioned having a muslin skirt, Tim immediately said, "NO!"

I agree that Swapnil's "aim for the middle of the pack" strategy is stupid. Play to win, damn it! But I did laugh when he explained this to Candice and she said, "You're ridiculous," and he said, "Oh, I'm VERY ridiculous."

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 14

I did not love Candice's outfit. Most of it was generally fine, but I hated those two white headlights on the breasts. It was distracting, not badass.

The white on the breasts was horrible.  also, her model walked the most gingerly down the runway.  Swapnil's model in the wardrobe malfunction ready to happen walked with more confidence.  How uncomfortable was Candice's outfit? 

Edited by Muffyn
  • Love 4

I actually agreed with the judges about the top three this week, big surprise. My favorites were Edmond, Kelly, & Ashley, I thought Lindsey, Candice. & Joseph were OK, & I didn't like Swapnil, Laurie, or Merline. I would have been OK with any of the top three winning, or either Lindsey or Joseph going home.

• Love 1

I don't know why it was just this week that I noticed the designers are living in Greenpoint; are they filming the workroom & runway in Brooklyn too?  I know they haven't shot at Parsons for several years, but I don't know where they shoot now.

It's weird, I don't always agree with who wins, but I have agreed with every auf this season, and I don't think that's happened in a long while.  Though, I wouldn't have minded if Swapnil was sent packing.  That 'garment' was neither wearable or "bridal," as he initially described it.  I wasn't crazy hot on Ashley's because from a distance, to me, it looked like it was made out of the Sunday comics.

• Love 2

Candice's model looked she had a huge sideways white nipple on her left breast.  I kept staring at it because it was so pronounced.

I was waiting for Zac to say that the odd wire fringe on Joseph's dress looked like pubic hair hanging out.  Joseph was the right auf this week.

The Swapnil thing was, in Nina's words, just bizarre.  It made no sense whatsoever, and Zac's righteous indignation was so over the top.

The ridiculously short skirts continue to irk me.  Ashley's was way too short, but at least she didn't make any pleats.

I felt bad for Jake having to have his dog put down.  I had to have my cat put down just a couple of weeks after I had a miscarriage, and I cried over that cat for the longest time.

Paula Patton looked completely blissed out.  It was weirdly uncomfortable to watch her.

• Love 11

If Swapnil had only made a long, elegant skirt out of that white wire, I think his design would have been one of the top three!

I was shocked that the judges liked Edmund's look as much as they did. To me, it looked like something leftover from one of the old Road Warrior movies in the 80s! I mean, can't you just see Tina turner wearing that costume in Beyond Thunderdome?

IMO, the very worst outfit was that monstrosity by Merline made out of spongy gray mouse pads that she stamped with some kind of awful black paint! I wouldn't even wear that thing as a Halloween costume! She's damn lucky that she had immunity. I was surprised that they didn't call her out on it anyway, like they did with Ashley when she had immunity and screwed up the next challenge.

Except for the silver dress, I found the entire challenge to be disappointing in creativity. The earlier unconventional materials challenge was far better ...

I haven't watched this show in many seasons and, quite honestly, I wonder where they find these designers. The early shows seemed to have had far more talent.

• Love 2
Candace's dress seemed badly made and ugly as well as boring.  I thought that should be in the bottom over Lindsey's.

Oh, good. It's not just me. I was so confused when one of the other contestants (Joseph?) said something about it being good and probably his biggest competition or something. I was thinking "what?" And then it wasn't in the bottom, and I was more confused. I thought the shapes on the dress were weird, and to me the colors looked dull (as in the not shiny meaning, the colors themselves were almost loud). It almost looked dirty to me, and I thought I saw muslin spaces showing through in places which was distracting.

And I didn't dislike Lindsey's like the judges did. I liked the top with the patterning. I much preferred it to Candace's design.

• Love 3