Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E05: Week 4

• Start Topic

By the way, at first I thought JJ was asking Kaitlyn to apologize for that last scene with Clint! That would have been truly amazing.

This is what I thought too!  I was like good for him, she IS taking time away from everyone!  Then I realized he was just talking to stupid Clint.

• Love 2

This has gotten so bad; unfortunately, it's not even laughably bad. Kaitlyn and Nick are the worst actors ever - particularly Kaitlyn. She looked like the cat that swallowed the canary from the moment Nick showed up. Just bone him already. The only part of the episode I liked was Ashley Onion's appearance her talking some sense to Kaitlyn (which she promptly ignores). I'm not sure I'll be able to tolerate the rest of the season if it is so Nick-centric, like this episode was. This show has turned into nothing more than an audition for Bachelor in Paradise.

• Love 4

I also suspect that the Britt/Brady thing was highly scripted and filmed over the course of 3 days.

And if it isn't, I have a feeling that Britt will just be interested in whoever shows her some interest.

Kaitlynn is an unfortunate looking Bachelorette. IRL she's cute, maybe even pretty at times but she doesn't have a nice figure (too skinny and stuff just hangs on her) and her (again IMO) stupid arm tattoos make her look trashy. When she was next to both Ashleys they were both absolutely gorgeous compared to Kaitlynn.  She can not pull off the dresses they put her in even with the Neil Lane diamonds.  She looks like she's playing dress up in her mother's clothes. Everything just hangs off her skinny frame and does her no favors.  She could care less about these guys. Let her have a roll in the hay with Nick and call it a day. She was positively giddy when she saw Nick. You can not convince me those two never met in person! The way he had his arms around her waist and was playfully rubbing, tapping her butt.. those weren't the actions of  someone you just met. Especially with cameras watching you. She has no interest in kissing Chris at the Aladin performance, he got a few brotherly pecks.   She barely acknowledged Jared on their date even though he was all-in trying to impress her. I didn't have a problem with Nick on Andi's season and I don't even mind  that he outed Andi for sleeping with him because I thought Andi was a total bitch to him, but now he seems creepy and his little skinny jeans kinda gross me out. He's a total famewhore and I doubt he gives a crap about Kaitlynn, just wants to be on tv. But maybe that's all she wants too.

The Britt and Brady thing- I agree they both look dirty. Britt looked worn out or something was off with her. They just look like they smell. I wouldn't doubt this is just an act to remain on the show. Or maybe it was planned all along... if Britt was chosen, Nick would suddenly run to Kaitlynn and want to date her. And since Kait was chosen the grungy younger brother of Pauly Shore chases Britt down for production to film. 

• Love 8

The Britt and Brady thing- I agree they both look dirty. Britt looked worn out or something was off with her. They just look like they smell. I wouldn't doubt this is just an act to remain on the show. Or maybe it was planned all along... if Britt was chosen, Nick would suddenly run to Kaitlynn and want to date her. And since Kait was chosen the grungy younger brother of Pauly Shore chases Britt down for production to film. 

I bet you're right!

(edited)

By the way, at first I thought JJ was asking Kaitlyn to apologize for that last scene with Clint! That would have been truly amazing.

So did I -- in fact, I ended up watching it twice since thunderstorms messed with my Dish recording -- and I thought that both times.  Someone even emailed RS about this.  All of those scenes seemed oddly edited and I wouldn't be surprised if JJ did say that to Kaitlyn and it was sliced and diced to look different.  Considering the viewers were not shown this horrible side of Clint that all the guys supposedly told Kaitlyn about, JJ seemed to be addressing Kaitlyn, Clint got irrationally angry at JJ and their confrontation appeared to bring on tears (likely another hack editing job), who knows what actually happened?  It's hard to understand ABC's manipulations on this one, since they wanted us to believe in a bromance leading to a romance between these two, and a split one week later.  

Plus, I don't think Kaitlyn would choose to keep JJ any longer than she had to.

Edited by Jillybean
  • Love 3

Nice to see that Disney and Neil Lane got their standard plugs in, although Neil got his product placement earlier than usual.

Otherwise, a heaping, steaming, pile of producer-driven high jinks, shenanigins, and monkey shines - batshit rat-in-an-outhouse-crazy Onion Girl is now a hairdresser/relationship counselor? Sure, why not.  We're bringing in new blood?  'k, that's never been done before.  Kaitylyn "loves rapping"? And she's "obsessed" with Aladdin? What an amazing, wonderful, couple of coinkyidinks!

I finally figured out what's annoying me most about Our Bachelorette - her "hearty laugh" (description per my TV's closed captions) for some reason reminds me of Kendra Wilkinson's Elmer Fudd/donkey bray bellow.

• Love 4

Yay, Nick! I'm a fan - hope he stays until the end. After he was treated so shittily by Andi, I love that he figured out how to work the system and get as much air time as possible with this franchise. Plus he looks like a great kisser with some serious mojo. Sometimes you don't have to be the hottest person in the room to attract attention; you just need to be the one with the most game.

None of the other dudes do a thing for me. I find JJ and Jared particularly homely (although Jared seems like a nice guy). I was kinda down with Shawn until he shared his taste in music. Ugh, just no.

• Love 9

Yay, Nick! I'm a fan - hope he stays until the end. After he was treated so shittily by Andi, I love that he figured out how to work the system and get as much air time as possible with this franchise. Plus he looks like a great kisser with some serious mojo. Sometimes you don't have to be the hottest person in the room to attract attention; you just need to be the one with the most game.

None of the other dudes do a thing for me. I find JJ and Jared particularly homely (although Jared seems like a nice guy). I was kinda down with Shawn until he shared his taste in music. Ugh, just no.

Hi Nick... welcome to the forums

• Love 17

And if it isn't, I have a feeling that Britt will just be interested in whoever shows her some interest.

I have a theory that when Kaitlyn was chosen, the guys were polled to see who wanted to go "console" Britt, and Hipster was the taker.  I imagine they told Britt that one of the guys defected and would drop by her motel 6 room that night, and she was waiting with bated breath for  Shawn to show up.  Poor thing opens the door, and the guy who is in the running with the water car idiot for least appealing is standing there in fucking stretch pants. 

• Love 7

Seriously. They looked like Danny and Sandy from Grease. (At the end when Sandy suddenly dresses like a 1970s hooker)

I don't think I've laughed this hard reading this forum. Thanks for that!

But seriously, that guy she's with is the least appealing dude among all. I would take JJ (looks wise) over him.

• Love 1

I don't think I've laughed this hard reading this forum. Thanks for that!

But seriously, that guy she's with is the least appealing dude among all. I would take JJ (looks wise) over him.

See, that's what makes me think she might actually like him. Girl could do better, so maybe Brady is better in person?

(edited)

Hi Nick... welcome to the forums

Hey, I thumbs-upped that "I like Nick" post you responded to! Seriously, there -are- some Nick fans out here, ya know? (And some, like me, who thought Andi was the one who should have been embarrassed at using him just, imo, to make her look good as a still-interested-F2 when she obviously already knew it was Josh). I don't like people who lead others on, whether it's men or women doing it.

I'm rooting for Nick--just think his chances would be better on BiP than with Kaitlyn who really does not seem like any kind of a catch at all.

(As for Britt and Brady, no way, no how.)

Edited by Padma
  • Love 7

I'm deadly serious.  I'm from this weird land called Canada, and I've never seen one episode of any of these shows.  

To those of you discussing vintage TV, I'm Canadian, over 30, and the shows Bugs Meany mentioned were a part of my childhood. Knowledge of them is a matter of individual experience, not U.S. vs Canada.

As for this show, I think it's time I looked up spoilers. There's no way this Nick nonsense is going to end well.

• Love 1
(edited)

I never noticed Kaitlyn's constant tooth licking until I saw it mentioned here several times.. so I was on the lookout for it.  She did it when she went ON STAGE on BROADWAY!   While she only had a brief background part, and it's probably a nervous tick, you would think she'd be a little more conscious about it in front of all those people while fulfilling her "lifelong dream".

Edited by GracieK
  • Love 1
(edited)
I was wondering who the cute guy with darker hair and glasses was, and it was Ryan B

He was looking super cute in those glasses. 

Justin is Aurelius' father that got the Rap group date rose.  He sometime has very unfortunate hair from the 1990’s.

His hair was so awful! Justin is also the guy who responds to fake knocks at the door like a puppy.

I also don't buy it for a minute.  I think they were a couple, or at least had hooked up, before he came on the show

I think they for sure hooked up before the show--they had a lot of chemistry. While I could never get past Nick's hair and his general Peter MacNicol looks (of John Cage from Ally McBeal and Ghostbusters 2 fame) he does carry himself with a kind of confidence that I could see being sexy. That being said it was truly messed up that she left the guys alone after the rap battle and did not talk to them really at all for their whole "date". That Notebook line was awesome but there's no way the guy who answers fake knocks at the door wrote it.

Dr. Cupcake DDS had serious abs, wow. He is attractive to me until he smiles and it's just too Full Busey.

FREE THE ROSE CEREMONY!

Edited by Kbilly
  • Love 3

Hey, I thumbs-upped that "I like Nick" post you responded to! Seriously, there -are- some Nick fans out here, ya know? (And some, like me, who thought Andi was the one who should have been embarrassed at using him just, imo, to make her look good as a still-interested-F2 when she obviously already knew it was Josh). I don't like people who lead others on, whether it's men or women doing it.

I'm rooting for Nick--just think his chances would be better on BiP than with Kaitlyn who really does not seem like any kind of a catch at all.

(As for Britt and Brady, no way, no how.)

I agree, after Andi's season, I liked Nick and thought he got a raw deal. Andi was the person who came off poorly to me. I'm not sure how I feel about Nick coming back. Perhaps he really did have a connection with Kaitlyn, but this also looks a ton like producer manipulation. I'm rooting for him, but cautiously.

• Love 4

I thought Andi was wrong to lead Nick on to the extent of seeping with him  when she knew she was going to choose Josh the next day, but I also thought Nick was wrong to go on TV and tell everyone about it.  I know people on the show have agreed to have an on-air romance but there's a reason the cameras don't follow inside the Fantasy Suite.

• Love 6
(edited)

I haven't watched a full season of TB/TB-ette since Ashley's season, but I was fully in for this once Kaitlyn was chosen.  I thought she was fun on Chris' season, and I thought she might be a Jillian 2.0.   What a mistake that was!  Who knew she was such a drama queen?  Also most of the guys are dull or simply unlikable.  Adding to that, none of them really seem to give a rat's ass about Kaitlyn, and I don't see much of connection for her with any of them, except maybe Jared.  Plus the dates have pretty much all been hot messes too. 

I don't hate Kaitlyn, but only 4 episodes in and I'm bored out of my mind.  I think it's time to bow out and go read the spoilers.  I might tune in for MTA and ATFR, but I don't think I can sit through the rest of this season.

Edited by Fable
  • Love 3

She is going to be on BIP, so we may get our wish for her to hook up with Tony.

Many of you have wondered if Ashley is a good hair stylist. I'm actually from her hometown and had my hair cut and colored by her in April. She did a great job! She was actually wearing extensions on the show because she was encouraged to by the producers. She felt bad for Kelsey and Jade for what they had to go through. Elan is everyone's favorite producer and at the time, she was talking to him about possibly being on BIP. Everyone in her family has attended Auburn.

• Love 4

It’s funny how all these guys look like warped versions of some actor. Watching the Bachelor/Bachelorette, I always wonder where I’ve seen these people before and start conspiring that they’re all probably actors that I’ve seen in B-movies. But I guess everyone just kinda looks like someone else. Has anyone mentioned that Ben Z looks like a cockeyed and slighly beefyer version of Joe Manganiello? The big lipped dummy looks like a prettier version of the actor who played Biff Tannen in the Back to the Future-movies. And Chris Cupcake is the spitting image of some actor I can’t remember the name of. I can picture his face perfectly but can’t remember a thing he’s in. It’s driving me crazy.

I don’t know about Ian as the next bachelor. Sure, he’s attractive. Going on looks alone I would say he’s the best looking contestant this year. Add to that his Princeton education and relative eloquence (in this company anyway), and he would seem the best opportunity the producers have ever had to cast a black lead. But doesn’t he seem kind of … well, boring?

On second though, they all do. I can’t imagine one guy in this bunch that won’t have me yawning just as much as I did with last season’s farmer Chris.

Kaitlyn is disappointing me.  Maybe I am too much of a people pleaser but she is definitely not one at all.  She has taken all of this crap about how it is "her" journey to heart and has not made an attempt to make the guys feel any better about the fact that it is their journey too.

She did not have to make such dramatic cocktail parties, should could have just decided not to give Kupah and Clint a rose and left it at that, rather than confronting the men and, by such, making the other men feel uncomfortable.  

When Nick comes back, she lays is all on the men about how her heart is pounding without giving them a time to really talk about how their hearts might be pounding too.

I was always told that a gracious hostess, which I think the Bachelor or the Bachelorette is one, is supposed to make their guests feel comfortable, even at the expense of the host's or hostess' comfort.  I think that she should be doing this more and not making her guests feel more uncomfortable.

While I was all team Kaitlyn, I do think that Britt, even with her insincerity, would have handled curve balls a lot better and done a lot more to make sure that all of her "guests" were more comfortable about the situation. 

Plus Kaitlyn seems to really like dates where the men have to compete against each other for her attention: boxing, sumo, rap, getting onto Broadway. Does she ever think what would be a fun date for them?

What this makes me realize is that Kaitlyn is a drama queen in real life and will not put your comfort above her.  And will actually make hard situations all about her.  And I would never want to date that sort of person, much less marry them.  

• Love 9

I also suspect that the Britt/Brady thing was highly scripted and filmed over the course of 3 days.

If by highly scripted you mean a single instruction to Britt along the lines of "Britt, pretend to be interested in this goony looking weirdo", then I agree. And I imagine 3 hours was more the amount of time spent filming this "romance".

Kaitlynn is an unfortunate looking Bachelorette. IRL she's cute, maybe even pretty at times but she doesn't have a nice figure (too skinny and stuff just hangs on her) and her (again IMO) stupid arm tattoos make her look trashy. When she was next to both Ashleys they were both absolutely gorgeous compared to Kaitlynn.

I am the opposite. Kaitlyn is becoming more and more attractive to me as the show goes on. Physically that is. In the personality department she still maintains a high level of annoyance.

But you are right. Both Ashley's, particularly my girl Ashley S., both put her to shame.

• Love 1

If by highly scripted you mean a single instruction to Britt along the lines of "Britt, pretend to be interested in this goony looking weirdo", then I agree. And I imagine 3 hours was more the amount of time spent filming this "romance".

Britt is quite religious (many of her Instagram posts reference Bible passages) and Brady does some kind of "Christian indie rock." They even dress alike. (Britt is out-of-control beautiful but she has no fashion sense.) I think their relationship is real.

• Love 4

Both Ashleys are gorgeous. Camera loves both of them, too. Make them true coBachelorettes, Show, and keep them on for the whole season, pretty please?

Britt and Brady can't be show driven because she would be crying all the time if it were. I pretend all the Bs will find true love through this show and each couple really will live happily ever after so I have to believe in Britt and Brady for now too.

Britt is quite religious (many of her Instagram posts reference Bible passages) and Brady does some kind of "Christian indie rock." They even dress alike. (Britt is out-of-control beautiful but she has no fashion sense.) I think their relationship is real.

On the flip side, she is also an actress, and he is a musician, and this show has a long history of casting people dumb enough to think that an appearance here will help with either of those careers.

All joking aside, I don't believe this is scripted, and I don't think Britt storms off after filming to do whatever in her life passes for taking a hot shower to get the Brady stank off of her. I am sure Britt and Brady are enjoying each other's company. That said, I'll believe they are serious about each other when they have stayed together without the presence of cameras.

• Love 1

For Britt and Brady to "be together" as a couple when one lives in LA and one lives in Nashville, neither apparently with much of an income...how would that work?

My guess is that once in a while TB pays for Brady to come to LA and puts him up in a hotel for a night so they can have a "date" (i.e. photo op).

Cynical? Maybe, but I'll be very surprised if this "relationship" is anything more than that.

I'm predicting Brady giving Britt a Neil Lane ring at either TMTA or ATFR...whichever one the show allows Britt to show up on (but I'm guessing that would be TMTA). No spoilers, just a guess.

• Love 1

He looks like Sam Page to me.

Sam Page, that's the guy I was thinking of! Thanks, crimsongrl, now I can finally put that nagging mystery to rest. That's what I get for watching crap like The Bachelorette while ignoring Mad Men and never making it past episode 7 of House of Cards. I probably remember him from Greek.

• Love 1

They will never have a gay Bachelor, because it gives the contestants dating options other than the lead.

This would have been so interesting. In the end the bachelor would be alone while all the contestants would be coupled up lol.

Brady & Britt have BOTH traveled to see each other more than once since this began.  There are non-ABC/show photos of them together with his family, at concerts, with her friends, etc.  Not official, staged shots, but posted by fans and friends.  

ABC has not been paying for and "producing" all of their time together.  Both of their social media accounts show a relationship.  True, it may not last, but it's been a lot more real than anything we've seen from Kaitlyn.  

• Love 5
(edited)

They will never have a gay Bachelor, because it gives the contestants dating options other than the lead.

This would have been so interesting. In the end the bachelor would be alone while all the contestants would be coupled up lol.

Edited by rho
  • Love 3

Maybe Chris Cupcake is a bit like Skeet Ulrich.

cupcake.jpg

I'm a hopelessly behind the times nerd when it comes to TV, so I keep seeing this random actor from the 80s, who I remember from Murder She Wrote. Apparently his name is John Glover and I couldn't find a decent smiling pic of him, but I still see him in Cupcake. (Sorry if this pic is huge!) 

John-Glover.jpg

Dr. Cupcake DDS had serious abs, wow. He is attractive to me until he smiles and it's just too Full Busey.

Yes, that smile is what keeps me just a tad uncertain about him. He seems great otherwise, but the smile is unnerving. Plus, I think he's one of those extreme eye contact people and that can sometimes be off-putting as well. 

(edited)

I was always told that a gracious hostess, which I think the Bachelor or the Bachelorette is one, is supposed to make their guests feel comfortable, even at the expense of the host's or hostess' comfort.  I think that she should be doing this more and not making her guests feel more uncomfortable.

While I was all team Kaitlyn, I do think that Britt, even with her insincerity, would have handled curve balls a lot better and done a lot more to make sure that all of her "guests" were more comfortable about the situation.

I was team Kaitlyn, too, and am disappointed in her. I think you've stated nicely how someone who tries to make everyone comfortable makes for a better bach/ette.

That said, I really don't think Britt would have avoided the drama. Her meltdown in the group date, confronting Chris in front of the other women because he gave the rose to Kaitlyn instead of her, tells me she's just as much of a drama queen. Capped off by her wailing as she sat outside, loud enough for them to hear it inside. I would never in a million years have behaved that way in a group settiing, but Britt saw nothing wrong with it, despite how uncomfortable it made everyone and was an slap-in-the-face insult to Kaitlyn.

For Britt and Brady to "be together" as a couple when one lives in LA and one lives in Nashville, neither apparently with much of an income...how would that work?

My guess is that once in a while TB pays for Brady to come to LA and puts him up in a hotel for a night so they can have a "date" (i.e. photo op).

Cynical? Maybe, but I'll be very surprised if this "relationship" is anything more than that.

I am of the opinion that all the show footage was shot on the same day (or maybe two). Much cheaper that way. Edited by Andromeda

No shirt with a leather jacket, I know this is not PC but it looks like he is posing for a gay men's magazine.

In his two public stage appearances, I found him sort of fey -- many definitions of that but the Free Dictionary gives, "Overrefined, exaggerated, or affected:" and looked like a young boy overdoing the gestures in a school play.

Has a good spirit, but just comes off unnatural to me in his movement - self conscious and seeming to love being the center of attention vs  most of the other guys (except Ian who for some reason fancies himself a good singer) and not really so into Kaitlyn the way Jered, Shawn, or even Ian are.

Re Ryan B.

He was looking super cute in those glasses. 

When next I saw him, he had no glasses on and he looks cuter with them on  :-)   Was sorry to see him go later.  Seemed intelligent too and less into games the way some of the others are.

• Love 1

Just catching up on the show and it really seems like only a handful of these guys even want to date Kaitlyn and the feeling seems to be mutual. The only time I actually felt a genuine connection from Kaitlyn was when she was with Nick and it was for all the wrong reasons.

The problem with the show right now is that romance has been put on a back burner to highlight all the drama. None of the dates are memorable, very few connections are being made. No one looks like they're really having any fun and in turn I'm not having much fun watching myself.

That being said, I actually cringed when I saw Britt. Why either of these women had to be the only option is actually a bit mind boggling to me. I choose Option Z.

• Love 1

Kaitlyn and Nick are the worst actors ever - particularly Kaitlyn. She looked like the cat that swallowed the canary from the moment Nick showed up. Just bone him already. The only part of the episode I liked was Ashley Onion's appearance her talking some sense to Kaitlyn (which she promptly ignores).

OK, so I said I was done but I watched this episode yesterday (like the proverbial train wreck where you can't look away), and I SO agree with this, but let me add Ian into the mix...he was giving (I think) JJ hell for his behavior and I swear it sounded like he was reading from cue cards.  But yes, back to Kaitlyn and Nick...all the grinning they were doing when they were talking, and it wasn't even like "I'm so happy!" grinning, but more like the kind of grinning you do when you're reading lines from a particularly cheesy high school play.

Ashley S: "It's lust, not love."  Kaitlyn: "And that doesn't last?"  Me: "DUH!"

It's probably just me, but I noticed in this episode that Joshua has kind of a Prince Harry thing going on.

• Love 1