Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E05: Week 4

• Start Topic

(edited)

Kaitlyn and the guys visit New York City where she takes eight lucky bachelors to meet rapper Doug E. Fresh and take part in a rap battle. Later, Nick Viall, from Andi Dorfman's season, shows up and asks Kaitlyn if they can continue a relationship they began on social media. Also: Five guys audition for a role in Broadway's "Aladdin"; and Kaitlyn and one suitor attend a black-tie affair at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

Edited by OnceSane
locked topic until after it airs

I'm very over Kaitlyn acting all confused and worried when it's clear she loves every minute of embarrassing/confronting these guys. She LOOVVEEEESS the drama. 

And seriously walking outside on the boat and making out with Nick. Blech.

Clint was clearly an ass in his talking heads and with the other guys. But I honestly feel like I missed something with how she went after him like that. 

• Love 7

That was cold that JJ turned on Clint like that. But villains gotta vil, Clint--should've seen it coming. Clint was pissed, and JJ was heartbroken. I feel like we got a glimpse into JJ's childhood of getting slapped across his face and being told to suck it up when he cries. Yikes! And then all the guys who wanted Clint to leave are angry at JJ. I guess bro code is law--even if you don't like the bro in question. (shrug) I cannot WAIT until TMTA and see whether they reunited their bromance  and whether it was, indeed, a romance.

Nick is so smarmy. I forgot which guy said it (Tanner maybe?), but I agree that I think less of Kaitlyn for liking him. That and she said they connected right before she knew she had an opportunity to be Bachelorette, so that's ridiculous. If you needed to see if there was something there, she had time before the show. She also could have just let Britt have the show. And then she leaves the date to make out with Nick, has no 1:1 time with anyone else (that we saw), and gives Justin the rose seemingly just because he's the only one who says to bring Nick on?! Well, suddenly everyone will forget about JJ being the villain! Villain just got out-villed!

Crazy Ashley! Yay! (No reaction to virgin Ashley.) But Ashley was doing her hair and giving her advice "before" talking to Nick--even though her hair wasn't done when she spoke to Nick. Oh, her hair is not looking any better on this date. Sorry, Crazy Ashley. It's probably the rain.

Good for Jared for saying that he just wants to talk about them--but Kaitlyn still makes it about Nick. Oh, no, a poem! Oh, that reminds me on the boat date when Kaitlyn came in someone (not pictured) was saying he was going to quote Thoreau and Whitman. I don't know who that was (anyone recognize the voice?), but that guy would have gotten all my roses in the rap battle had he dropped some mad Walt and Henry David lines!

Nonstop jazz hands?! They're totally trolling these guys! Dr. Cupcake, DDS has been practicing this song his whole life in the shower! Really?! This is his jam?! I liked Ian's singing. Tough call, but I guess Chris has better stage presence even if it's  over the top. Punching hay bales? Guess that's better than slapping himself like JJ does. Well, hello, Dr. Cupcake!

Who knew the NYE ball was so big? The more you know. Love the elevator muzak. Lol! Thank goodness we have a Right Reasons Journey with Britt and Brady. The rest of this show is so Wrong Reasons that it's turning me Right Reasons!

• Love 9

Excuse me while I have a Kupah breakdown.

I don't care about Britt and Brady and fucking Cupcake and ugly weasel NIck!    RAWWWWWRRRR!!

Both Ashleys make Kaitlyn and Britt look like plain Janes.    I really wished Ashley onion had lopped off 4 inches of Kaitlyn's stringy mop.

Is Justin the same guy as the big lipped guy?   Is that just a different angle where his lips are huge?  Is there a bizzaro Justin with bigger lips? 

Ian got hosed.   Fuck Cupcake and his dentures. 

• Love 8

I don't know what to say about Kaitlyn having Nick come on the show.  I'm hoping she really didn't have a choice but in the past, the leads could say yay or nay so I really do think it was her choice.  And what a piss poor one.  But her gaggle of guys and being pissed off makes for good TV so I won't complain as I actually watched tonight's episode from beginning to end and will be back next week to see what happens.     

Last week's cliff hanger was "Is Nick coming back?" and this week, after talking about him for two hours the cliff hanger is "Will the guys get along with Nick?"  It's a new show, "The Nickorette."  How incredibly boring.  He looks like a smirky, little boy who thinks he can charm his way out of doing something bad.

That romantic date with the beautifully chiseled Jared -- wasted.

• Love 16

Does Kait have a weave? Is that why she is always patting the back of her head? WTF? It still looks like a stringy mop if she does have a weave.

Oh Nick. I think he is a douche and a drama queen but the show showed that Kait is a douche and a drama queen also tonite, so these two crazy kids are perfect for each other. I just wish these a-holes do their dramah off my show.

• Love 10
(edited)

Looks like I have time freed up on Monday nights now, as I don't think I can continue with this show. I didn't watch the last ten minutes, and the only reason I made it that far was because I wanted to see what they did with Nick...but the way that was played out cast a pall over the episode. Even what would've been a typically romantic date (the museum and helicopter ride around NYC at night with Jared) was tarnished. Too much of the ep, for me, was unpleasant and uncomfortable.

What happened to the cheesy romance elements, which are imo more entertaining than all this over-dramatic angsty shit. The writing has zero believability, and is dripping with testosterone. So many guys walking around wanting to punch something or someone--how romantic! :P

Edited by KR Vermont
  • Love 6
(edited)

Those awkward 20 seconds of elevator music was golden. I love these editors sometimes.

I actually kind of liked Nick on Andi's season (don't judge), but Crazy Ashley was pretty spot on about her advice. And you know it's sad when someone nicknamed "Crazy Ashley" is the one speaking the most sense on the show.

Jared (I think that's his name?) cleans up well when he combs his hair and wears a fitted tux. Dark horse for the new Bachelor?

Edited by Curio
  • Love 15

Those awkward 20 seconds of elevator music was golden. I love these editors sometimes.

I actually kind of liked Nick on Andi's season (don't judge), but Crazy Ashley was pretty spot on about her advice. And you know it's sad when someone nick named "Crazy Ashley" is the one speaking the most sense on the show.

Jared (I think that's his name?) cleans up well when he combs his hair and wears a fitted tux. Dark horse for the new Bachelor?

Jared is growing on me.   I think they may be grooming Cupcake, though.   I'm not sure what it is about him, but he's very off to me.   Maybe being a former contestant on that awful Janice Dickinson modeling show? 

Britt has a boyfriend!    Yay!    She has a boyfriend!    Now she can take him to Zack and Kelley's prom!     Is she 15?

• Love 8

We did get a funny moment when Clint was driving off in the limo and Kaitlyn was waving a cheery, "Toodle loo," while JJ was sobbing.  Hee.

I do hope some of the guys who were saying they would think less of Kaitlyn if she let Nick on board, will actually walk off next week.  There are still way too many men and not enough dramatic rose ceremony.

Has anyone figured out what Kaitlyn does for a living? 

• Love 6

I read that renting the Temple of Dendur wing at the MMA costs $40K. Dunno how much was the helicoptor, unless it was comped. What a waste to use it on Kaitlyn. It's like she's not even trying. All she cares about is swapping saliva. When her fingers are not permenently glued to a wine glass, that is. Of course, there are the many, MANY times when she is kissing AND holding on to a glass at the same time. So klassy. Just like Clint was the great love of JJ's life, I am beginning to think alcohol is the great love of Kaitlyn's.

• Love 4
(edited)

Tanner was the real MVP this episode. 

It would've been awesome during Kaitlyn's goodbye speech to Clint if she said "Villians gotta vil". I would've stood up and cheered.

Is Kaitlyn's closet made up of only black? I remember they gave Emily what seemed like the best wardrobe. Kaitlyn has a very slim body. Use it. It's summer (for us watching, I know it was winter in NY but still) and she's wearing a Kanye approved wardrobe of only black and white. It would be nice to see her in bright oranges, yellows, greens etc.

The two Ashleys were a nice surprise. Hate Kardashley but she looked glamorous at the rap battle and there was Kaitlyn looking the like tomboy she is.

The rap battle was embarrassing but not as bad as I thought it would be. It makes sense that they guys don't see her as romantic when she's making them do that kinda stuff. I get it now.

Kaitlyn bugged with all the wavering. Just admit that Nick would've stayed regardless of how much you hemmed and hawed. Her teeth were extra Gary Busey like tonight as well.

The Nick elevator scene at the end was gold.

PLEASE stop showing Britt and Brady. Does anyone actually care? I'm glad she at least gets the credits where most people would be getting up and going to the bathroom. Brady is still wearing the one black t-shirt he owns. I'm wondering if they're both in it for some sex and camera time and will part ways as soon as this season is done.

Edited by Kerri Johnson
  • Love 7
(edited)

I cannot even explain my physical aversion to Nick. I am truly repulsed by him. Just so gross. And that was before he got all skeevy on ATR. I didn't even care much for AndI but Nick, no dude, just no. Ack am reconsidering watching this season because he truly makes me want to vomit. The most visceral reaction I've had on this show. I may try taping and ff through it to see if I can stomach it with him.

JJ that was just embarrassing and so weird.

Edited by TiredMe
  • Love 16

Yuck. I liked Nick in Andi's season but not anymore. He just wants to be on TV. Kaitlyn doesn't matter. This was so planned in advance, at least between Nick and production. He has to arrange time off with his employer; he just can't join the show on a whim and expect to stay employed.

It was nice to see Ashley I. again, but all these past season wrong reason people showing up is a little nuts.

• Love 3

Looks like I have time freed up on Monday nights now, as I don't think I can continue with this show

I am so sad to say I'm with you, KR.  I'm already spoiled, so I know what eventually happens.  But everything Kaitlyn says & does is such a waste of time.  Her acting is SO bad that it's not even entertainingly bad.  And the nice guys there are just being used like trained monkeys. 

BIP is coming soon, so hopefully that will provide some fun.  I just can't deal with this show anymore. 

• Love 6

I don't even know how to respond to the episode- it seems like the producers are intentionally forcing themselves over the shark.  My daughter and I were pretty much howling with laughter watching the early part of the show, with the sloppy editing after "Brokeback Bachelor" didn't work out well for the producers last week, but having Ashley S. do Kaitlyn's hair was a stroke of genius. It was also a bit nice to see Ashley Eyelashes looking like kind of a normal person, and having normal interactions.  Bachelor in Paradise might be fun after all. 

I do love Nick- I loved that he called out Andi on her crap, and it was nice to see Kaitlyn actually enjoying someone's company for a change. I feel a bit sorry for the other guys in the house, but I think it was Chris Cupcake who at one point said "We're all here...for the right reasons", and we just heard "We're all here...because we want to be on TV".  I really just felt sorry for everyone this whole episode, except for bubbly Britt and weirdly leering whatever his name is.  So far, the main takeaway from this season seems to be that you're more likely to find happily ever after if you've been booted from the show. 

And while I know that Chris Harrison has been touring for his book, it would be difficult to find a more lackluster presenter for a date card than the poor schmuck who ended up in the hotel room facing a bunch of disgruntled reality show hopefuls.   

I do like Kaitlyn, and I think that the producers have done her a disservice, not only for the slut-shaming edit, but also for not giving her a chance to show off a bit.  She actually can sing, and dance, but she was put on the sidelines with Doug E. Fresh, and the Aladdin thing was just embarrassing for everyone involved.  Even Juan Pablo's edit didn't get this bad until well into his season, and while I've always watched the show at least a bit ironically, it's just getting a bit painful now.  

• Love 7
(edited)

Rap battle was just dumb--no one was any good. Ian was best at Aladdin audition but probably way too tall--he would have drawn too much attention away from the actor playing Aladdin in the show. Hard to believe Kaitlyn actually is a dancer--where and who does she actually teach?

I swear Kaitlyn's teeth and mouth are getting bigger and bigger. All the better to.... Oh, slap me.

She and Nick were completely unbelievable in the first meeting and talking about him coming on the show, laughing and cackling and smirking at the camera. The men are going to be soooo pissed when they watch this show and see they were played for fools, not that any of them seem to like her that much. I hope a few more walk away from the show.

Still calling bogus on the Clint as douchebag storyline--what exactly did he do to incur all the guys' wrath? Fake fake fake.

Are they ever going to have another rose ceremony or will the men just leave one by one?

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 10
(edited)

I had the impression for some reason, that JJ was slapping a bug on his face.  Thought I saw one fly up just before the slap.  Not going to go back to re-watch, of course, since my stomach can probably only take one time through the show, but I found it kind of hilarious that they edited to look like he had lost his mind for a sec.  And I thought that all the other guys had been harping on both Clint and JJ.  Why'd she keep JJ?  Production call?

Also enjoyed JJ's comment that he only listens to Broadway show tunes. LOL  If he's not gay, he's still playing his part to the hilt.  My gay cousin and my gay son would be cracking up at this one.

The Nick thing... I feel like the best guys in the group are fast getting to the point that they are soooo over this.  I was watching the faces of guys like Benzie, Shawn, Joshua (can only hear Rachel on "Friends" saying that name... sorry... ;-) ) and Ian, and I'm thinking Kaitlyn's just got no idea what's going on here.  She's caught up in the drama.  Or maybe she really just doesn't care, and is only in it for the giggles.

ETA:  Also... The elevator was, indeed, gold!  Cracked up.

And ditto on the Britt-Brady thing. Staaahhhp!  Man, they are sucky actors.  Not. Buying. It.

Edited by CalamityBoPeep
  • Love 4
(edited)

Those poor guys having to sit in a small, sterile hotel room with nothing to do! This is the worst installment of this show. No rose ceremonies, no cocktail parties, no one on one conversations where we can find out things about the guys, no romance and the one dress up date they had (with Jared), became all about Nick. 

I really can't stand Kaitlyn and her constant smirking and her huge teeth. I don't believe any of these guys actually are attracted to her and the fact that they talk about each other more than about her says it all. Clint was a jerk, but I didn't see him actually say or do anything which would cause the huge amount of anger Kaitlyn showed, and I don't know why he was asked to immediately leave rather than just have the damn rose ceremony.

The parts with Nick were so damn slow and long-Nick walking down the street, Nick smirking, Nick going into the elevator. The rapping part was kind of cute but it seemed so obvious the guys weren't really trying to impress Kaitlyn or even cared that she was there. And the group dates used to have some one on one time with most or all of the guys. Now she just randomly picks a guy and gives him the rose in front of everyone. 

I'm a Britt fan and think Brady is not good looking enough for her, but I have to remember that looks aren't everything and maybe she sees something in him. Maybe.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 8

I agree that Clint going home was producer interference.  Kaitlyn says "13 out of the 15 guys"  were warning her about Clint. That has to mean everyone but Clint and JJ.  Then a number of the guys say they had no idea what was happening, and the only thing they talked about was the "bromance".  What were the guys telling her?     One guy even used the "Brokeback" description, which is offensive as a way to say someone is gay, but is also what the publicity for the show was saying.  That term was decided on by producers, How did the guys in the house know that it would be used to describe the relationship once it aired?   The only way is if it was didn't happen the way they're telling us, but that it was two guys agreeing to play those roles to get more TV time, and everyone knew they were playing "brokeback"  roles. 

• Love 3

The rap battle was a good idea. The guy with the knit hat and his pants pulled down too low was priceless...especially with his dancing. I think that was Corey. This was just a fun segment...a considerable improvement over the fighting dates.

For someone who claims to really enjoy rapping, Kaitlyn is absolutely terrible. She has zero rap style! She just reads the rhymes and sounds as disjointed from the music as anyone could be. I think they need to drop this rap thing that she keeps throwing at us and instead show us her dance skills. I have to assume her dancing is much, much better. I want to see the leads on these shows do something in their element. It makes them that much more appealing.

Good to see Doug E Fresh.

The schoolgirl look Kaitlyn gave Nick when they sat down after the rap battle looked like the first genuine emotion on this season. Of course, the overall situation is probably just as contrived as everything else on this season seems to have been.

• Love 6

I am so sad to say I'm with you, KR.  I'm already spoiled, so I know what eventually happens.  But everything Kaitlyn says & does is such a waste of time.  Her acting is SO bad that it's not even entertainingly bad.  And the nice guys there are just being used like trained monkeys. 

BIP is coming soon, so hopefully that will provide some fun.  I just can't deal with this show anymore.

I came into this spoiled too, and although there are a few guys I'd like to continue to watch, it just seems like it'll be a huge waste of time and not much fun. Instead, I should get out to enjoy local open mic Monday nights, maybe meet a bachelor of my own. lol

I get a sort of "trained monkeys" vibe too. These group dates aren't thrilling most of the men, and I don't blame them for being less than enthused at what they're having to do for Kaitlyn's entertainment.

Can't believe I want BIP to hurry along. Ha!

• Love 5

So what exactly did Clint do that made him (according to Kaitlyn) the douchiest guy in Bachelor history and worthy of kicking out?

Kaitlyn thinks she is so bad-ass (he's going down!).  Ugh

So it's official -- Kaitlyn just edged out Andi and is right behind Jenn what's her face as my least-liked bachelorette.  What a difference from her fellow Canadian - the delightful Jillian.

• Love 6

The JJ and Clint break-up scene is the most emotion I've seen on this show in a long time. They were almost lip to lip. I wasn't sure if they were gonna start fighting or making out.  

I thought Kaitlyn was gonna be an awesome bachelorette, but I'm getting bored. She doesn't share any interesting thoughts or genuine emotion.  The scene where she talks about how excited she was to see Nick she was like "And it was NICK!!!  HA HA HA GUA HA MUAH!!" I mean seriously? Calm yourself down. You're supposed to be the prize here.  Or so I thought.  I liked Nick during Andi's season and I didn't think he crossed the line at his AFTR ("outing" having sex with Andi) but now I think he's the biggest fame whore who ever whored.  

• Love 10

I see absolutely zero appeal in Nick, physically or otherwise. The preview made it look like Ian is going to leave on his own next week, due to Kaitlyn bringing Nick back. I hope so. I wish we'd gotten to see more of Ian this season. I'd still like to see him as the next Bachelor.

• Love 17

I see absolutely zero appeal in Nick, physically or otherwise. The preview made it look like Ian is going to leave on his own next week, due to Kaitlyn bringing Nick back. I hope so. I wish we'd gotten to see more of Ian this season. I'd still like to see him as the next Bachelor.

I hoping he leaves for those reasons too! Kaitlyn's facial expressions during his talk with her say it all. He told her about herself and Miss "I see my husband in this room" doesn't like it. How many self-eliminations will this make?

• Love 3

I was entertained by Nick during Andi's season and had no issue with his behavior at ATFR. However, knowing how disliked he became by his fellow bachelors who he had been with from day one, and now coming into this group who've bonded for four weeks and don't want any more competition...wtf? Me thinks he's had too much of the Fame Kool-Aid.

What happened to the fluffy entertainment that was TB?

• Love 7
(edited)

Ok, maybe it's just because I'm watching "Unreal" which is a scripted show about a Bachelor-type of show.  But I thought this entire episode was scripted and rehearsed.  EVERY interaction seemed like it was set up and the lines were being delivered by ACTORS,(not very good ones) playing the parts of contestants on a dating reality show.  not a single interaction seemed genuine or spontaneous.  

Oh - and Kaitlyn has THE skinniest legs on a grown woman I have ever seen.  Put the leggings away, girl.  They're not for everyone.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 6
(edited)

So it's official -- Kaitlyn just edged out Andi and is right behind Jenn what's her face as my least-liked bachelorette. What a difference from her fellow Canadian - the delightful Jillian.

Deanna remains the worst for me. What a stank personality with a shreiking voice. Jenn was bad too. Utter waste of a spot who was just going thru the motions. Kaitlyn is just going thru the motions too but at least she is unapologetic about her hookups. Jenn had a stick up her ass.

So congrats, K! You are not the worst B ever. Just in the bottom half because the nadir is really bad.

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 5
(edited)

I don't like Nick. Just don't. However if I thought he was a more genuine match for Kaitlyn, I would tolerate his presence so much more. Nick showed his true colors on Andi's season. He's a really intense and family-oriented guy. For people who didn't watch Andi's season Nick is one of eleven children, and he clearly was ready to settle down and have kids. Possibly a big family. His behavior after the show came down to he felt Andi didn't share his values, and he had values (mainly that it was ok to spend the night with someone on a reality show as long as he was the only one.) Now he's back to date.. Kaitlynn. I don't blame either Andi or Kaitlynn for their choices or decisions just they don't vibe well with Nick Values. It's like Marshall (Nick) dating Robin (Kaitlynn) from How I Met Your Mother.  

I also find Britt and Brady fake too. 

I've seen the show before, but is it just me or are most of the group dates this season less about the contestants spending time with the lead? Has it been tapering off slowly? I guess in Andi's season there was the lie detector test, but I feel like they interact less with Kaitlyn than the contestants on previous seasons interacted with the lead. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2

backformore, I agree that this ep seemed particularly scripted and poorly acted, increasingly more than usual.

I'm only half-kidding when I say the most entertaining part of the two hours was catching one of those bizarrely mesmerizing Matthew McConaughey Lincoln commercials again.

• Love 6

Does this girl have an incredible knack for shitting all over every experience these guys are having?

I do blame the show, but I believe K thinks these "drama" moments with Kupah and Clint etc.are cool and it gives her a moment to look strong and somehow demonstrate her high standards for behavior (cough cough)  By making that the 'high point',  it derails the fun and romance that I look forward to in the show and turns every night into a downer. I know I'm hating it. 

The whole "hey guys,do you mind if I bring Nick on the show?" group date was a barrel of fun.  I will say I did appreciate the fact that they did film the guys saying they would think less of Kaitlyn for being interested in a guy who would kiss and tell.  That was authentic and it surprised me that they kept it in. Of course she gave the rose to Justin who supported her decision while the others were yawning, disgusted and couldn't wait to get the hell out of there.

Then the date with Jared.  Gawd    Jared: "gee Kaitlyn thanks for this date.  There's no one I'd rather be with than you".   Kaitlyn: "huh? oh uh yeah, great.  so what do you think about Nick.?"   Pathetic. Again.. a big shit splatter all over that date.

And then, true to form,  Kaitlyn must stink up the room again before the Aladdin date. And the Aladdin date was a retread from Alli and Robert.  More pathetic. 

I'm actually surprised that any of the guys could give a shit about Kaitlyn , Nick or this experience at all at this point. The fact that they seemed turned off to her and her attraction to 'tell-all' Nick showed that they actually had been there for the right reasons, but this show has made a mockery of that and so has Kaitlyn.

No more fun and romance, it's now about misery and drama. I'm sure in truth that any guy who was actually there for Kaitlyn  and the bachelorette experience is over it and embarrassed  to be there.

The worst for me is that there is nothing to snark . There's no fun there and nothing is funny.  It's just a BAAAD show this season.

I've shared before that I've always loved this corny show and willingly accepted their formula for a villain, a nut case,  a phony or a dope, but you can't compete with the real thing. (Vienna, Kelsey,Courtney Blob, Ashley, dopey Jake, Wes, Kasey ("I want to guard and protect your heart") etc etc.  They were worth making fun of and tons of fun I did have!  This season just plain sucks.  

• Love 18
(edited)

Kaitlyn says to Clint  "I'm very very very very upset,  because I really really really really liked you."  such eloquence!

Wasn't that right after Clint told Kaitlyn that the other guys were just very very very very jealous, because he really really really really liked JJ?

I wish Kaitlyn wore dresses more like the kind Jillian had worn.  All these long, complicated, heavy looking gowns with appliques and cutouts and rhinestones and velvet are just overpowering her little body and making her look distorted.  So gross when she had to mention that she was wearing Lane jewelry on the fancy date.  I may have dry heaved on that one.

There was no way I was going to get through the rap battle, so I ff'd past the whole thing.  The Aladdin group date ended up being better than I expected it to, even though normally stage performances that include singing make me very uncomfortable.  I lol'd when it turned out the BIG DATE MOMENT ON STAGE OMG was just a wordless walk on...walk off.  What in the world was she nervous about?  Anyone could have done that!

I wanted Clint to be interesting, but in the end he left me wondering if he was even really the one who drew Chris Harrison on the triceratops (the only reason I was giving him a chance).  He's so monotone, I can't imagine having to listen to him droning on out of that dull stone face for the rest of my life.  None of the guys left really do it for me.  Sometimes this show brings someone through that gives me the sweats, like Reid from Jillian's season...oh, I had it BAAAAD for him.  And then he went on Bachelor in Paradise and ruined everything.  I can't see myself getting too lathered up over any of the remaining men, although some of them seem like perfectly fine people...just a lot of blandness.  Something about the dentist, while he is textbook handsome, makes me feel a little uncomfy, and I think it's his pallor.  Maybe he's just pale and the makeup shows up strangely under some lighting, but occasionally he appears jaundiced to me, and I find my thoughts wandering to whether he has some kind of health condition that needs to be checked out.

I think Nick would be more visually appealing to me if he got a haircut that was less round.  His face is too round for his head to also be so round, and also huge.  Shave the sides down shorter and do a little shaping, that might help, but then you still have his personality and the fact that he has terrible taste in pants, and I guess the haircut hardly seems worth all the trouble.

Oh, yay, Britt and Boring are still frolicking about L.A. together.  That is some riveting shit.  I keep expecting her to say, "Even though I didn't get to be The Bachelorette, I still won because I didn't have to work my way through 25 men to get a boyfriend like Kaitlyn does!"

So, no Rose Ceremony at the beginning, and no Rose Ceremony at the end.  Is this a first?  I didn't expect to miss them, but I did.  May only be because I want things to move along and if guys aren't being cut, then we aren't really getting anywhere, but still.  This show is not TB without a Rose Ceremony.

Edited by Irritable
  • Love 15

Congratulations, Kaitlyn, you might not find your husband but at least you realized your life-long dream of being in a Broadway show, even if it was for about five seconds.

You have to admit...she gave a great performance in her role! This was the live theatre equivalent of sticking the unathletic kid in right field and hoping no one hits the ball to them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Who needs a RC when guys are being booted or bailing left and right. I always thought the ceremonies were excruciatingly drawn out and over-wrought to the point of silliness anyway.

Jared looked good for his one-on-one date, though I was distracted by his face being in shadow so much at the table--Kaitlynn's face was well-lit but Jared didn't seem to have a key light or whatnot on him.

I didn't sense any connection or warmth between Kaitlynn and Clint the other week during their one-on-one, and then with what happened with he and JJ and his monotone creepiness since, I was glad he was shown the door and would've liked JJ to join him on an awkward ride to wherever they take them.

• Love 2

Dr. Cupcake, DDS has been practicing this song his whole life in the shower! Really?! This is his jam?! I liked Ian's singing. Tough call, but I guess Chris has better stage presence even if it's  over the top. Punching hay bales? Guess that's better than slapping himself like JJ does. Well, hello, Dr. Cupcake!

Please tell me Dr. Cupcake's one of the ones with kids... that was the only thing that made any sense to me when he was so obsessed with Aladdin.

(edited)

Kaitlyn's cackle is getting on my nerves so much. It's coming off as a fake as Britt, which is saying a lot.

Can't stand Nick or his brillo pad hair. As much as I hate him, the hate the guys have is ridiculous. Since they barely know each other, he's actually at a disadvantage compared to the guys that have been there for weeks already and have gone on dates and stuff with her. These guys are really as dumb as a bag of hair.

I am with Ian on what he said in the previews. I think he nailed it.

I will love it if some of the guys decide to leave because she brought Nick on and it made them think less of her lol.

OH - and I was getting irrationally angry at the Met date that they weren't walking around looking at the damn exhibits. What a waste!

Edited by threebluestars
  • Love 3
(edited)

Back when they first had two bachelors, at about this time in the show, the producers brought on two new surprise girls — a lift door opened and it was Mary and a previous bachelorette from another installment (Mary was also a previous b’ette, of course, from Bob’s season.) There was none of this sturm und drang — the producers just brought the girls in and that was that. But then, the show wasn’t 2 hours long back then. The other women hated it, but just had to suck it up as the show continued. At the next rose ceremony, Byron kept Mary and let the other one go. I always wondered if Byron requested Mary specifically — sort of like how Kaitlyn is now all about Nick.

I’m with Tanner — I think less of her for being all gaga over Nick, of all people. He’s not even attractive! (At least not to me. Tres smarmy.)

I think Kaitlyn MAKES the drama and loves every second of it. There’s been far too much of it to be coincidence at this point. She didn’t have to go outside to confront the guy last week (Kupah), she didn’t have to drag out this goodbye with Clint. Since when is a house meeting necessary when a guy is leaving? Just put him in the limo! Instead she drags him back to talk with the guys about it.

Of course, we got the added benefit of the JJ/Clint relationship dramaz, so it was fun for us, but I really think it shows that Kaitlyn loves the dramaz.

So, so sooo tired of the performance-for-a-crowd dates!! And on the Broadway date, the men didn’t even get one-on-one time! What kind of crap is that?! I long for the old days, when they went to a winery or amusement park, and the lead spent time with each person. Remember the ol’ hot tub fun? Back in the day, the hot tub was the highlight.

The museum !! I hoped they were going to the one I went to. I remember being so impressed by it on my one visit years ago. I have a feeling it was completely wasted on Kaitlyn, made worse because she wasn't even focusing on the damned date, though this is AFTER she decided on the Nick situation. More internal dramaz from her...

LOL at Britt — she sounds just as fake talking to what’s-his-name as she did with Chris.

Show, I really didn’t need a half-hour build-up of Nick walking down the sidewalk pulling his suitcase, going into the hotel, going up the elevator… Really, show?? Filler, much?

Crazy Ashley is so right — and so pretty!! I would love to see more of her. Was she really a hairdresser? I thought she had some other career.

Please tell me Dr. Cupcake's one of the ones with kids... that was the only thing that made any sense to me when he was so obsessed with Aladdin.

I don't hold that against him. He's the same age as my son, and it was my boy's favorite movie for quite awhile. In fact, Aladdin was our safe word (in case I ever had to send someone to pick him up). He remembers that to this day. So I think there's definitely a nostalgia thing at play for Cupcake.

I really hated the redneck welder saying he'd be beat up back at home if he performed like they do on Broadway. Really?? Jocks still beating up the drama kids, is it? Or is it the perceived "gayness" of performing that you're worried will stain your precious manhood? GAG. I have two words for you, Kansas boy -- Hugh Jackman.

Who needs a RC when guys are being booted or bailing left and right. I always thought the ceremonies were excruciatingly drawn out and over-wrought to the point of silliness anyway.

I’m starting to wonder if this show even gets to the end… they don’t seem to be moving along very fast. Do a lot of the guys walk off, forcing editors to create all these non-rose-ceremony shows?

Jared looked good for his one-on-one date, though I was distracted by his face being in shadow so much at the table--Kaitlynn's face was well-lit but Jared didn't seem to have a key light or whatnot on him.

That bugged the crap out of my husband. Whichever PA set up the table and lighting in the museum should be fired. Jared’s face was in shadow most of the time he was talking to Kaitlyn.

That temple, however, is AWESOME.

Husband and I also thought JJ was probably swatting at a bug, but it was funny with the sound effect of a slap. And maybe he did slap himself!

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 6
(edited)

Rap battle was just dumb--no one was any good. Ian was best at Aladdin audition but probably way too tall--he would have drawn too much attention away from the actor playing Aladdin in the show. Hard to believe Kaitlyn actually is a dancer--where and who does she actually teach?

<snip>

Are they ever going to have another rose ceremony or will the men just leave one by one?

I liked Ian better in Aladdin too - although once we saw what they were actually doing (which was basically nothing), I don't think the "try outs" even mattered that much.  I'm curious about Kaitlyn's dance background too.  She did seem to pick up the steps quickly, but they didn't show that much of it so it was hard to tell.

Even though they're cheesy I am so annoyed by the lack of rose ceremonies.  Maybe they can't have any because people keep leaving voluntarily. I still wonder if this will be the first season where the top choices all bail out on their own.

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 5
(edited)

Back when they first had two bachelors, at about this time in the show, the producers brought on two new surprise girls — a lift door opened and it was Mary and a previous bachelorette from another installment (Mary was also a previous b’ette, of course, from Bob’s season.) There was none of this sturm und drang — the producers just brought the girls in and that was that. But then, the show wasn’t 2 hours long back then. The other women hated it, but just had to suck it up as the show continued. At the next rose ceremony, Byron kept Mary and let the other one go. I always wondered if Byron requested Mary specifically — sort of like how Kaitlyn is now all about Nick.

I’m with Tanner — I think less of her for being all gaga over Nick, of all people. He’s not even attractive! (At least not to me. Tres smarmy.)

So, so sooo tired of the performance-for-a-crowd dates!! And on the Broadway date, the men didn’t even get one-on-one time! What kind of crap is that?! I long for the old days, when they went to a winery or amusement park, and the lead spent time with each person. Remember the ol’ hot tub fun? Back in the day, the hot tub was the highlight.

LOL at Britt — she sounds just as fake talking to what’s-his-name as she did with Chris.

Show, I really didn’t need a half-hour build-up of Nick walking down the sidewalk pulling his suitcase, going into the hotel, going up the elevator… Really, show?? Filler, much?

I don't hold that against him. He's the same age as my son, and it was my boy's favorite movie for quite awhile. In fact, Aladdin was our safe word (in case I ever had to send someone to pick him up). He remembers that to this day. So I think there's definitely a nostalgia thing at play for Cupcake.

I really hated the redneck welder saying he'd be beat up back at home if he performed like they do on Broadway. Really?? Jocks still beating up the drama kids, is it? Or is it the perceived "gayness" of performing that you're worried will stain your precious manhood? GAG. I have two words for you, Kansas boy -- Hugh Jackman.

Absolutely agree that the lead spent more one-on-one time with the contestants and I definitely noticed that Kaitlynn seems to spend less time with them than other leads. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1