Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E05: Week 4

• Start Topic

It's hard to believe that K is 29-30. Because she acts like any vapid, hormonal high school girl who gets off on the drama. I was one of the ones who wanted Britt so the show shouldn't be saying FU to ME, a loyal viewer who has watched every ep since the S1, E1 (well, except for the British Guy season).  I don't really feel that strongly about it either way tho so I ain't crowing.I actually don't expect to like TB so it's actually a surprise when I do. I can count the number of TBs that I liked on one hand with fingers to spare. So, while I think K is one of the worst, I don't think this season has been the worst.

Baby steps. That's all I have to look forward to.  I was looking forward to Icky Nicky's appearance this ep bc he has become a villain I love to hate. I was taken aback by how this ep became The Nick Show but that only means that his villain's fall will be that much the greater. Next ep, I am looking forward to Ian walking out. Baby steps.

• Love 6

I think it might be time for the Bachelor franchise to get fresh blood for their lead. Having a previous season's fan favorite almost inevitably leads to disappointment.

I don't disagree with you, and I think Kaitlyn's been a mixed bag. But I would argue the fact that the Bachelor/ette leads to disappointment because they are "leading on" multiple contestants particularly when the cannon fodder is gone, and that is inherent to the premise. Other than one or two, most of them have had this happen to them and that's long before "fan favorites" came along.

I don't disagree with you, and I think Kaitlyn's been a mixed bag. But I would argue the fact that the Bachelor/ette leads to disappointment because they are "leading on" multiple contestants particularly when the cannon fodder is gone, and that is inherent to the premise. Other than one or two, most of them have had this happen to them and that's long before "fan favorites" came along.

Exactly. That's why Fresh Blood is better. Because the realization that TB is a disappointment is delayed since we don't know them and haven't seen them from the previous season. TB is a douchey show produced by a douche, featuring douchy actions under the guise of romance. In this case, the devil you don't know is FAR better than the devil you know.

• Love 2

Hated the song and dance competition to be in the Alladin musical only to have the big winner walk on and walk off, having done nothing at all.  And this was the greatest experience of your life?!!

Well, to be fair to the audience, you'd hate to pay hundreds of dollars for a ticket and be treated to the musical stylings and dance moves of Kaitlyn and What's his face.

• Love 10
(edited)
The Brady and Britt scenes make me laugh...they could have easily filmed all of them in one fell swoop, then cut them up to appear as though they're taking place weeks apart.

They just seem so pointless to me. Again, we're not actually seeing any real development. We just see these canned moments that definitely all look staged, so you're just kind of left going, "um, okay....I guess, whatever." To me, I'm not seeing any more of a great connection between Britt and Brady versus Kaitlyn and any of the guys this season. Hell it just feels like showing two random people at the end of the episode that everyone has forgotten about. You're just left going, "who again..."

Maybe she is drawn to drama, but come on, this is a reality show. I appreciate seeing her stand up for herself and not take any BS from the guys (Nick situation notwithstanding).

Honestly, where some see a love for drama, I like that she doesn't seem to waste time if some guy is being a tool or she feels like she doesn't want him there again. I liked that she said that her gut just told her Clint was not being honest (and well based on his ITM we know he wasn't) and so she just trusted that and let him go. And as I said last week, I didn't feel she was confrontational with Kupah when she went out to talk to him. She genuinely came across in my opinion, as just wanting him to calm down and stop making a scene and I really liked how she was with Tony.

She apologized to him multiple times rather than dismiss or mock his concerns and feelings and was very kind when he said he was leaving. I actually liked Kaitlyn more with how she handled the Tony situation and it made me believe that, whatever her faults, she is genuinely a kind person. It was also reminiscent of her reaction after finding out she was the Bachelorette and her first comment was to ask Chris Harrison how Britt was and if she was okay. It's unfortunate that that will be lost underneath all the slut shaming and negativity of the season, especially with what's still to come. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 12
(edited)

Well, to be fair to the audience, you'd hate to pay hundreds of dollars for a ticket and be treated to the musical stylings and dance moves of Kaitlyn and What's his face.

Yeah I didn't think any of the guys sang too well that I heard. I realize none of them are singers, but still many of them were never on key.

I just realized too that maybe the guys aren't as unhappy that Nick is stealing Kaitlyn as much as he might get to be the next Bachelor. Is possible ABC brought him on to test how the audience feels about him? I don't like him and I think he's a bad match for Kaitlyn, however other people clearly do and  he seems like someone ready to spout lines about "His future wife being in the room." 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1

It pains me to say this, but Cupcake Chris = Britt in the overexuberant comment department. He'll remember standing onstage for 30 seconds with Kaitlyn for the rest of his life and he's sure Kaitlyn will remember the experience too?

She probably will, but not because he was there with her or because she gave a great performance. She's totally going to remember it because after all the hype about being onstage being a lifelong ambition of hers...girl never faced the audience. All we saw was the back of her head and a curtain of hair. Doh!

• Love 4

It's the same thing that happened on Chris' season when Jordan tried to come back.  I am sure the producers planted her there, obviously no one can get on without the OK of TPTB.  But then it was left up to Chris to approve or not.  He did the right thing IMO, did not let her join, and Kaitlyn was part of that!  She chose the wrong way on this.  Nick better not be in the F3 I really don't care to see a trip to his family again, or him, for that matter.

Plus, wasn't there a Chris who showed up outside the bachelor mansion trying to get on for Andi (I think it was)? He was a previous contestant, and later on Bachelor Pad. The lead said no, and he had to go home. Seeing last night made me think the lead really does have a choice because if Andi (I think it was) had said yes, the producers would have loved the drama that caused in the house.

• Love 1

Plus, wasn't there a Chris who showed up outside the bachelor mansion trying to get on for Andi (I think it was)? He was a previous contestant, and later on Bachelor Pad. The lead said no, and he had to go home. Seeing last night made me think the lead really does have a choice because if Andi (I think it was) had said yes, the producers would have loved the drama that caused in the house.

My guess is that the lead gets a choice, but the decision is hashed out off camera first, before anything is filmed.

• Love 1

I don't think Kaitlyn is feeling any of the guys...until Nick.  She lit up around him and we have yet to see her do that with any of the other guys.  To me, Kaitlyn comes across as fairly immature and not ready to settle down at all and that's fine, but she's on a dating show that wants her to be mature and settle down.  I feel sorry for some of the guys because they seem to have good intentions, like the one on the dress up date last night with the helicopter.  He was trying to be genuine, but you can just tell she's not interested.  She seemed relieved that Nick had shown up, as in "finally a guy I might be interested in."

I'm willing to give Nick the benefit of the doubt, but she seems like a bad picker so far.

• Love 3

I thought it was very artificial the way Kaitlyn and Nick TOLD EACH OTHER that they had not met in person before, had only exchanged messages.  The way they talked about it was very awkward, not a genuine conversation at all, just saying things for the benefit of the camera.  

I also don't buy it for a minute.  I think they were a couple, or at least had hooked up, before he came on the show, and she knew exactly when and where he would be showing up.  

• Love 8

Wasn't that right after Clint told Kaitlyn that the other guys were just very very very very jealous, because he really really really really liked JJ?

YES!   it was the most inane conversation ever!   To bad he's gone, they had one thing in common - the same conversational skills.   

Imagine a final rose ceremony  - 

I really really really really love you and very very very much want to spend the rest of my life with you!

I am really really really really into you too and am very very very much in love with you, my heart is beating so very very very very fast!   

• Love 3
(edited)

Plus, wasn't there a Chris who showed up outside the bachelor mansion trying to get on for Andi (I think it was)?

Ahhh, the infamous Chris "I'm a grown-ass MAN!" Bukowski.  He has the dubious distinction of having been on FOUR separate franchise shows.  Emily's season, Bachelor Pad, Andi's season and Bachelor In Paradise.  

He was pretty damn hilarious.  I hope he shows up again somewhere.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 7
(edited)

Nick = poor woman's Jason Seagal.

/TPTB - for the love of GOD do not be bringing this guy back for the purpose of making him the next Bachelor.

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 8

I was struck how gorgeous and elegant  pomegranate Ashley looked next  to disheveled Kaitlin.   Ashley would wear those dresses Kaitlyn can't carry off like a model.   Too bad about whatever her deal is, because look wise. she would have been perfect as bachelorette.

To whoever named the recap "A whole new Turd", will you accept this rose, and hell, here's 4 more rose vouchers.  I promise to never make you rap in front of an audience composed of bachelor nation harpies and Nick. 

I figured out why Cupcake looks so weird and creepy-it's like someone did plastic surgery on Jim Carey and showed  Gary Busey's dentures in his mouth,

Can someone please help me?    Is the big lipped blonde guy the same one who got the group date rose and has a child named Marcus Aurelius or whatever?   Are there two of them who look similar, or do the lips just look bigger/smaller due to the angle, and it's just one dude? 

Is Grady/Brady wearing Britt's soiled stretch pants, and vice versa?    I agree with the poster who thinks they look dirty, but it's probably the not showering rumor coupled with Britt's penchant for resurrecting grunge, though she's more Kelly Kapowski than Kat Bjelland in her execution.   Still, she and her prize look grubby.  Kailyn may not be the best ette, but Britt would have been straight up awful, IMO.  . 

• Love 3

I just saw that Andi tweeted her warning to Kaitlyn re: Nick, "Run! Run fast!"

She is such a biatch. I will never change my opinion that she was wrong to sleep with both of them, esp. after Nick was very honest about not doing it if she really didn't care--because he really did. (Also, after hearing "don't hurt my brother" from his little sister). I can't stand Andi, what a self-centered hypocrite, and I absolutely believe Nick's basically a nice, sensitive guy.

So I think he's waaayyyy too good for Kaitlyn. She's pretty (except for the weird things she does with her mouth/teeth) but I think her "edgy one-of-the-guys" chick routine doesn't work because she's neither smart nor talented nor funny. (re: "witty"--Her humor highlights for me were all on the Kimmel date; otherwise, if she's not repeating a crude joke she heard she has nothing to offer humor-wise at all.)  And ITA she's not taking the chance to know these guys seriously at all. I felt bad for Jerod, who was trying to do what this show expects. She was just making it about herself...and whatever new drama she could conjure up (this time it was Nick).

I'm not calling the dentist (maybe I'll learn his name) "Cupcake" any more after the little homophobic, "Oh no! He is into singing and dancing! Like someone gay who would get beaten up!!!"  "Cupcake" is a nickname that evokes the same vibe, imo, esp. from that group. So... I'll have to find out his name I guess.  I was actually impressed that he really committed to "Aladdin", acting included even though he wasn't an actor and glad that he "won", exactly for that reason. (But you'd think they could have given them -a little- more to do).

There seems absolutely nothing special about Kaitlyn. And the way she ignores the men when they're having fun and enjoys their discomfort, even physical injury when they're forced to fight, makes me dislike her even more.  She "loves rapping", but even CH admitted this week that she has no talent for it, "the guys were all better at it than she was". 

I don't know where Ashley onion does hair, but she doesn't seem to have any talent either. 

Oh, and Britt and Brady? Look at Britt's body language on the beach, not pressed next to him at all. It probably -was- all filmed in one day. He seems dumb, I agree not good-looking and/or personable enough for her, and he didn't seem to have any talent either when we heard his singing/song.

This show is such a fail this season, on so many levels. At least they'll be going "around the world" this time (but I think they have to or even more guys would be walking out, esp. now that Nick--who missed all the fights--will now be there for all the travel).

• Love 7

Okay, so I was just watching during commercials on American Ninja Warrior, but I did LOL when Nick was going up to the guys' hotel room. There's all this DRAHMATIC! music, then he gets on the elevator and the music switches to hysterical elevator music for what seemed like a full minute while Nick and the elevator operator just stand there with the Musak music playing. Then Nick wheels his suitcase off the elevator and the DRAHMATIC! music starts playing again.

Oh, editing monkeys, I do love you. Really. I do.

I thought Kaitlyn looked surprised at Nick's arrival but Nick seemed like he was acting, like TPTB set him up to go onto the show. I mean, something needs to save this trainwreck.

I thought Britt at the end was shown all happy with her new guy as a stark contrast to the disaster that is Kaitlyn's season. It was like the show was saying, "See what you COULD have been watching?"

• Love 4

Can someone please help me?    Is the big lipped blonde guy the same one who got the group date rose and has a child named Marcus Aurelius or whatever?   Are there two of them who look similar, or do the lips just look bigger/smaller due to the angle, and it's just one dude? 

I think you have two guys, Joshua and Justin.

Joshua is the big blonde w ho was on the Aladdin date;  Justin is Aurelius' father that got the Rap group date rose.  He sometime has very unfortunate hair from the 1990's.

Kaitlyn needs to stop wearing so much black!  That has to be a stylist decision b/c last season she wore so many colorful outfits.  Her hair and skin also don't look so good lately - her hair is always stringy/limp and skin looks greasy.  Doesn't the lead get a makeup artist/hairstylist?

In contrast, Jared getting better and better looking!  I went from thinking he was one of the worst looking guys there to thinking "wow" - it's amazing what a shaver and comb can do.

It also seems like Chris Harrison is just as over this season as the rest of us.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Did I miss something? I heard Kaitlin say she had formed some special connections with some of the guys…WHO? I remember her one on one with Clint--he is gone. She thought of Nick during her date with Jared. One guy did the haunted house and told her about his mother's death---is that all it takes to make a special connection? I don't remember any "connections" and I don't count kissing someone as a "connection", at least not in a meaningful manner when you haven't spent more than few minutes actually talking to the guy. I think some guy kissed her on the roof or something and then did a deep dip with her or twirled her…something. That excited her otherwise there interaction seemed blah. The Aladdin play didn't seem conducive to making a meaningful relationship and they appeared to just chat about what was going on.

Did I miss something else---that competition for the play….they just were on stage for less than a minute. Was that it or did they edit out their lines/song/dance? It seemed really lame. Ian got hosed.

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 2
(edited)

Much like Kaitlyn, I was so preoccupied with Nick's arrival that I barely paid attention to the guys actually on the dates.

The best part of the rap date was that busted Matt Damon (Justin) called busted Ryan Gossling (Shawn) a busted (or similar adjective) Ryan Gossling and himself Matt Damon. I guess we're not the only ones comparing all of these guys to actors or, rather, busted versions of actors. (Except for you, Ben H. You're even cuter than Peter Brady--and he was the cutest Brady!) And now that there are less guys, I'm noticing lesser actor connections. For example, I think his name is Joe--with the glasses--looks like the actor in Office Space.

My favorite part of Chris and Kaitlyn's Aladin performance was that they couldn't even be trusted to walk on and off the stage. A real actor was wrangling them with dramatic arm gestures--go this way now. Then the stage manager or whoever has to grumpily tell them to take their kissing off of the stage--even though it was backstage.

I had no highlights of Jared's date. He's terrible. His poem was worse. Was that an Austin Powers line at the end? ("I like you A LOT.") I think it was from some movie--but like WAY outdated in pop culture as if in 2015 you're going to answer your phone with a "Whaaaaaaazzzuuuuuuup?" Or use a Borat pick up line.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 3

Honestly, where some see a love for drama, I like that she doesn't seem to waste time if some guy is being a tool or she feels like she doesn't want him there again. I liked that she said that her gut just told her Clint was not being honest (and well based on his ITM we know he wasn't) and so she just trusted that and let him go. And as I said last week, I didn't feel she was confrontational with Kupah when she went out to talk to him. She genuinely came across in my opinion, as just wanting him to calm down and stop making a scene and I really liked how she was with Tony.

Speaking for myself, when I refer to her love of dramaz, I am talking about the way she dragged out the Nick situation. THAT was all on her and of her own making. Her conduct during her confrontations with Kupah and Tony were probably the only times when she did ok and I liked her.

Did I miss something? I heard Kaitlin say she had formed some special connections with some of the guys…WHO? I remember her one on one with Clint--he is gone. She thought of Nick during her date with Jared. One guy did the haunted house and told her about his mother's death---is that all it takes to make a special connection? I don't remember any "connections" and I don't count kissing someone as a "connection", at least not in a meaningful manner when you haven't spent more than few minutes actually talking to the guy. I think some guy kissed her on the roof or something and then did a deep dip with her or twirled her…something. That excited her otherwise there interaction seemed blah. The Aladdin play didn't seem conducive to making a meaningful relationship and they appeared to just chat about what was going on.

It's like one of those parody skits where the suitor is bending over a couch digging for some coins and the TB/Flava is talking to their butt about how deep their connection is and what cute dimples they have.

• Love 2

The best part of the rap date was that busted Matt Damon (Justin) called busted Ryan Gossling (Shawn) a busted (or similar adjective) Ryan Gossling and himself Matt Damon. I guess we're not the only ones comparing all of these guys to actors or, rather, busted versions of actors. (Except for you, Ben H. You're even cuter than Peter Brady--and he was the cutest Brady!)

Oh yeah, that was a pretty good rap. The end of it was like, "Remind me of the end of The Notebook? That's right, she forgot you."

• Love 5

In the previews for next week, and this is not a spoiler, Kaitlyn's duck lips couldn't be pooched out any further or they would knock some bachelor in the face. Good grief, that's no lemon she's sucking, that's an entire lemon tree. TPTB really dislike her is all I can conclude.

• Love 4

With a nod to burning love, at the next rose ceremony, I'd like to see each man say to Kaitlyn after she calls their name, "Sorry, I got to bounce. "

Contract aside, she shouldn't have allowed the producers to let Nick on the show.

• Love 3

I think you have two guys, Joshua and Justin.

Joshua is the big blonde w ho was on the Aladdin date;  Justin is Aurelius' father that got the Rap group date rose.  He sometime has very unfortunate hair from the 1990's.

Thanks.    So Justin actually sort of looks like Buffy's boyfriend who wasn't Angel, and Joshua looks like Gary Hall, Jr. 

• Love 1
(edited)
I had no highlights of Jared's date. He's terrible. His poem was worse. Was that an Austin Powers line at the end? ("I like you A LOT.") I think it was from some movie--but like WAY outdated in pop culture as if in 2015 you're going to answer your phone with a "Whaaaaaaazzzuuuuuuup?" Or use a Borat pick up line

No.  It's from Dumb and Dumber.  And seeing as how Kaitlynn and Jared seem to be around my age, I can safely conclude that like I do, they think that Dumb and Dumber is a masterpiece of its time.  

I also think, like Cupcake Dentist, being around my age and thinking that Aladdin was incredible is very normal too.  It really was the hugest thing at that time, and we were kids, so I think it makes a lot of sense.

Pop culture may move on, but if something was created in 1994, I do think it's the greatest thing ever.  That's just being in my early 30s.  I'm sure other people can relate.

I mean, you're referencing Peter Brady.  I've never even seen The Brady Bunch - has that even been on television since I was born?  That guy really, really does look like Peter Brady now that I've Google Image'd him.

I did feel really bad for the guy with the 1993 haircut though.  That is all I could think about, and then Ryan Gosling or somebody actually used it for the rap.  Hey I still like The Rachel but I know enough not to wear my hair like that anymore.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

The Brady Bunch is on TVland.  And 1994 is my touchstone year, too.

JJ reminds me of Rick Sanchez, who is one of the stupidest, most boorish people on the planet. 

• Love 1

It's the mentality that late night talk shows had 10 years ago, and have moved past, for the most part.  

I was thinking more on the lines of mentality of a 10 year old, but I give 10 year olds more credit than that.

I mean, you're referencing Peter Brady.  I've never even seen The Brady Bunch - has that even been on television since I was born?

Seriously? I'm also in my 30s (34). If you were a kid watching daytime TV in the late '80s, you'd see all those old shows: The Brady Bunch, Gilligan's Island, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, etc. That's just what was on.

• Love 2
she is genuinely a kind person. It was also reminiscent of her reaction after finding out she was the Bachelorette and her first comment was to ask Chris Harrison how Britt was and if she was okay.

I wasn't particularly impressed with that, it's easy to be the "better person" when you're the winner. 

• Love 6

I wasn't particularly impressed with that, it's easy to be the "better person" when you're the winner. 

YMMV but personally, if I had just "won" a situation like that, the first thing out of my mouth would not be to ask about the other person. Hell, I wouldn't even remember she existed. I felt like in that split second you could see Kaitlyn battling between wanting to jump out of her skin in excitement but tempering it a little to ask and make sure Britt was okay. So to each his own and I'm not looking for anyone else to see it as I did but I just personally thought that was pretty big of her and telling of the kind of person she is. 

• Love 9

Positive things: Shawn B's abs, Jared's combed hair, Ben Z's arms, and Ben H's general adorableness.

This week some of the guys looked better to me.  I've always liked Ian, who is attractive, natural, smart, and has a great voice and common sense.  I -would- like to see him as the Bachelor.  Shawn seems a genuinely nice guy and is very likeable, though I don't find him very attractive otherwise.  Ben H., and Jared have both grown on me.  And Jared not only looked great, cleaned up, but he was just very dear in his interactions on the date.  I was wondering who the cute guy with darker hair and glasses was, and it was Ryan B., whom I'd not noticed before.  Liked looking at him.  

So what exactly did Clint do that made him (according to Kaitlyn) the douchiest guy in Bachelor history and worthy of kicking out?

Not much of anything. Don't flatter yourself, Kaitlyn. You're not getting into the Bachelor history books.

By the way, at first I thought JJ was asking Kaitlyn to apologize for that last scene with Clint! That would have been truly amazing.

• Love 7
(edited)

Agreed, truthaboutluv, we do all see things different, and this board would be boring as hell if everybody thought alike :)  To be honest, I would have been more convinced about Kaitlyn's concern for Britt had she not made the crack about the guy giving her soap (he gave her a box of tissues).

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5

No. It's from Dumb and Dumber. And seeing as how Kaitlynn and Jared seem to be around my age, I can safely conclude that like I do, they think that Dumb and Dumber is a masterpiece of its time.

I also think, like Cupcake Dentist, being around my age and thinking that Aladdin was incredible is very normal too. It really was the hugest thing at that time, and we were kids, so I think it makes a lot of sense.

Pop culture may move on, but if something was created in 1994, I do think it's the greatest thing ever. That's just being in my early 30s. I'm sure other people can relate.

I mean, you're referencing Peter Brady. I've never even seen The Brady Bunch - has that even been on television since I was born? That guy really, really does look like Peter Brady now that I've Google Image'd him.

I did feel really bad for the guy with the 1993 haircut though. That is all I could think about, and then Ryan Gosling or somebody actually used it for the rap. Hey I still like The Rachel but I know enough not to wear my hair like that anymore.

Ah, yes, I'm over the hill at 41, but I get it, the 80s are nostalgic for me. I hadn't thought of it that way that 90s stuff is back to being cool again for you whipper snappers. ;-)

• Love 4

OK, I'm caught up and I'm out.  I love to read all of your witty comments, so I'll stay here, but I don't think I can take another week of Kaitlyn with the cackling and her chicklet teeth :(

• Love 3
(edited)

Kailyn may not be the best ette, but Britt would have been straight up awful, IMO.  . 

Based on the comments I've been reading about the two ladies, I would rather be thought of as "fake and boring", than "a slut", "a skank" and "trash".  But that's just me.

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 4
(edited)
Seriously? I'm also in my 30s (34). If you were a kid watching daytime TV in the late '80s, you'd see all those old shows: The Brady Bunch, Gilligan's Island, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, etc. That's just what was on.

I'm deadly serious.  I'm from this weird land called Canada, and I've never seen one episode of any of these shows.  

My point was it's not a much hipper reference than Jared referencing Dumb and Dumber, and I think JenE4 gets where I'm coming from now.

I saw Kaitlyn fans Twittering or Tumblring that Britt proved to be such an awful person in that scene.  Lol, how, right?  Was she supposed to ask if Kaitlyn was okay too?!  That would make zero sense.... 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4

A thousand "likes"  to this!   There has been some quesiotn about whether ABC will ever have a Gay Bachelor -  and this episode pretty much nailed their feelings about it.  To the producers of this show, "gay"  is something you mock, and two guys can pretend to fall for each other as a big hilarious JOKE.

They will never have a gay Bachelor, because it gives the contestants dating options other than the lead.

I'm deadly serious.  I'm from this weird land called Canada, and I've never seen one episode of any of these shows.

I am also from Canada, and have seen Gilligan's Island but none of the others listed.

To whoever named the recap "A whole new Turd", will you accept this rose, and hell, here's 4 more rose vouchers.  I promise to never make you rap in front of an audience composed of bachelor nation harpies and Nick. 

That would be me. We write our own headlines. You're welcome!

• Love 2

They will never have a gay Bachelor, because it gives the contestants dating options other than the lead.

I agree, it'd almost have to be in more of a Bachelor in Paradise type of show where everyone's looking to date everyone. As much as I'd like to see it and some small part of me hopes they'd want to show LGBT people on the show - and not as a stupid juvenile joke, but as real people - from a practical perspective I don't see how they could make it work in a Bachelor/ette style format. Then again they managed to sneak in a romantic 'connection' that wasn't part of the main show with Britt and whats-his-name, so maybe they could find a way.

• Love 3

By the way, at first I thought JJ was asking Kaitlyn to apologize for that last scene with Clint! That would have been truly amazing.

Me, too!! I had to do a remote double-take (rewind 15 seconds), because I was like, "WOAH." That really would have been reality TV gold.

• Love 4

I finally watched this episode on my DVR last night and concluded that this is by far and away the most unattractive cast ever, for any of the franchise's shows. There's not a single person in this group that I want to see, and I mean that literally. No eye candy. None. Zero. Plus, I thought everyone appeared strangely greasy, as if they hadn't been allowed to shower for a few days. Nick was the best one in the bunch, unfortunately.

YMMV, of course.

• Love 2

I agree, it'd almost have to be in more of a Bachelor in Paradise type of show where everyone's looking to date everyone. As much as I'd like to see it and some small part of me hopes they'd want to show LGBT people on the show - and not as a stupid juvenile joke, but as real people - from a practical perspective I don't see how they could make it work in a Bachelor/ette style format. Then again they managed to sneak in a romantic 'connection' that wasn't part of the main show with Britt and whats-his-name, so maybe they could find a way.

ITA! These guys on the show behaved as if they were 8 yrs old. Their behavior/attitudes towards gay lifestyle was disgusting! I understand the entire JJ & Clint thing was producer/editor manipulated but the reactions shown from the guys were just embarrassing. Way to set to us back 50 yrs ABC.

I would like to see a bisexual bachelor or bachelorette. And I mean something more serious than that stupid Tia Tequila show that aired on MTV a few yrs back

• Love 2

I thought everyone appeared strangely greasy, as if they hadn't been allowed to shower for a few days.

That's what Kaitlyn gets for that classless soap joke she made about Britt.

• Love 4