Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

I don't think I'd ever seen the Back-to-School version. I think the original is one of the best ads. I mean, it's just office supplies, but I sit there & grin & tap my feet through the entire ad. The guy that plays Rubberband Man used to remind me of my nephew until nephew cut off his white-boy dreads. THANKS for digging up both the commercials!

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Trini said:

The Back to School one is an all time fave of mine!

I wonder how many takes some of those shots took!

I miss those commercials and also think of them whenever I hear that song.  Or see that actor.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, janie jones said:

I wonder how many takes some of those shots took!

I miss those commercials and also think of them whenever I hear that song.  Or see that actor.

There is a "making of" for the original ad.  You can see why Eddie Steeples was hired.

One of the fun ads in the series is the "lost and found" commercial. It is clever way to focus on their toner supply. I like the woman's "I love Monday" poster.

• Love 9
On ‎06‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 1:06 PM, LoneHaranguer said:

I thought It had to do with being able to buckle the band.

I wear my watch on my right wrist because it hurts when it presses on my wrist while I'm writing if I wear it on my left wrist.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, ABay said:

My favorite part of the Rubberband Man ad has always been his giving a dictionary to the lemanade sellers.

I like how they included a blink and you'll miss it follow up scene  showing the corrected sign with the little girl counting the money they made.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

There was also a 'making of' video for the back-to-school one; but I can't find it -- if it's still on the internet. I remember there were a lot of takes of the skateboarder.

Edited by Trini
(edited)
8 hours ago, ABay said:

My favorite part of the Rubberband Man ad has always been his giving a dictionary to the lemanade sellers.

Mine, too (and that they fix it) in the school supplies commercial.  I have two favorites in the original: Giving the guy at the copier a toner cartridge and then coming back with wet wipes when he has toner all over him, and stocking the First Aid kit while another guy is using the paper cutter without looking at what he's doing.  Pondering, I think the latter is the winner, for being more subtle than the rest.

I forgot about the lost and found one; I love how they did so many variations on the original, when he's all sad with his bland replacement rubber band ball - especially the guy whose chair he replaces, this time putting it next to where he's standing rather than behind him, so the guy falls on his ass.

Edited by Bastet
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 6/21/2019 at 1:56 AM, Trini said:

The Back to School one is an all time fave of mine!

They need to bring this one back.  It's more entertaining than most tv shows.

• Love 13

For some reason, I can never find this commercial. It was from the 80s and showed a group of people coughing inside a doctor's waiting room. A nurse opens up the door, holding up a bottle of cough syrup (Robitussen?) and says in a singsong voice, "Next!" Please help me out here!!!

• Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, catlover79 said:

For some reason, I can never find this commercial. It was from the 80s and showed a group of people coughing inside a doctor's waiting room. A nurse opens up the door, holding up a bottle of cough syrup (Robitussen?) and says in a singsong voice, "Next!" Please help me out here!!!

Edit: I don't know if it works. Hope it is what you were looking for.

Edited by iPad
Clarify.
  • Love 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

This is, by far, the cutest commercial I've ever seen!  The voice over sounds like the guy from the Friskies "Dear Kitten" ads.

I never turn down a chance to share a Dear Kitten ad :-)

Edited by cynicat
  • LOL 3
  • Love 16

Oh, my god, that ad is the cutest thing 😄❤️!

I cracked up at the bit about that room where the kitten might be petted or the people will just lie there for hours. And the "vacoom" and the "curtains of invisibility". Hehehe. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I cracked up at the bit about that room where the kitten might be petted or the people will just lie there for hours. And the "vacoom" and the "curtains of invisibility". Hehehe. 

“Human larva.” 😂😂😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, smittykins said:

“Human larva.” 😂😂😂

I adore every bit of that original "Dear Kitten," but "human larva" is my favorite part.

My second-favorite installment is probably the one where he teaches the kitten about dogs:

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

So this is what I get for watching pretty much nothing on TV except Ted Turner's Classic Movie Channel, cooking shows, monster movies, and news -- no "Dear Kitten" commercials!  Thanks to people here for sharing these Madison Ave. high points (right up there with the Casper Mattress baby animals extravaganza)!

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, fairffaxx said:

So this is what I get for watching pretty much nothing on TV except Ted Turner's Classic Movie Channel, cooking shows, monster movies, and news -- no "Dear Kitten" commercials!  Thanks to people here for sharing these Madison Ave. high points (right up there with the Casper Mattress baby animals extravaganza)!

Just now, Annber03 said:

I am seriously in love with the series of "Dear Kitten" ads. Thanks for sharing them here. 

There were about a dozen of them; here is a YouTube playlist that seems to have all of them.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I am seriously in love with the series of "Dear Kitten" ads. Thanks for sharing them here. 

Ditto. I’d never heard of them.  Apparently I watch the wrong channels.  I think the man who does the voiceover has done some books on tape work, he sounds familiar that way. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Woopwoopkitty said:

Ditto. I’d never heard of them.  Apparently I watch the wrong channels.  I think the man who does the voiceover has done some books on tape work, he sounds familiar that way. 

I don't believe they were ever on TV.  It was a special thing Friskies did for Buzzfeed, and then it went viral.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

This one with the Osmonds and the Osbournes will always be one of my favorites. 🤣

Back when one could suspend disbelief and enjoy a reality show for what is was, season one of The Osbournes was quite entertaining, and I appreciated the ha, got ya, suckers season ending that took the lid off the whole thing.  So, while it doesn't play the same today, I, too, still have a fondness for that commercial - a Super Bowl offering, IIRC - for the layers of commentary.  The Osbournes became part of the problem (money talks), but this commercial as an of its time vacuum is a throwback to a fun commentary.

• Love 7

This is one of those seemingly mundane things that for some reason just cracks me up when I see it.  I have no idea what the commercial is for but the wife is sitting at the table and asks her husband for the password to something and he says something like numberonewhatever. Then she asks the password for something else and he says "shrimp." She says, "No," and he offers something else and that doesn't work either. So he says "Try different seafood." And she says, "The words 'different seafood' or different seafoods?" That line just cracks me up. Her delivery is great.

On 6/24/2019 at 9:51 PM, Annber03 said:

Bahahaaaaa... my black cat thinks she is hiding when she's behind the sheers in the living room. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I’m in a love-hate relationship with the Pepto Bismol commercial with the flight attendants. It’s a ridiculously stupid commercial, but I crack up every single time that one male flight attendant leans over the passenger and sweetly sings, “Diarrhea.” I just wonder if that actor has a sense of humor about it, or if he was really desperate for work. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:00 PM, InDueTime said:

I've heard of him. I find his True Facts YouTube videos to be hilarious.

(Thanks for sending me back down the Ze Frank wormhole!)

Love the Dear Kitten ads.  Thanks to the previous poster for posting the link!

Edited by Brookside
Wong forum for what I originally posted!
  • Love 3