Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Moose135 said:

They did a remake of Get Smart? Is nothing sacred these days?

It appears they did a direct-to-DVD spinoff too, with brief appearances by Anne Hathaway and Patrick, but focusing on other agents (presumably played by cheaper actors).

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

I don't recall the movies featuring the original cast being very good either.

Not an unusual problem.  Usually by the time they do a movie the show has become long in the tooth. Even the Simpson's movie was pretty bad. 

kind of off topic, I was a teen when the original Get Smart was on, I watched it, who didn't? But I thought it was pretty stupid. I'm not a Steve Carell fan either, so with both those dislikes, I've not seen the movie, nor do I plan to. But I did buy the Robert Tonner Steve Carell/Max Smart doll in a good sale. Glad I did, he's one of the cutest male dolls I have, he sort of looks like Steve Carell but not so much it bothers me. And the bottom of one of his shoes does come off, but I think it's just plain on the inside. I would like to see Welcome to Marwen in spite of Steve Carell.

Don't usually see commercials due to the modern miracle of DVR.  However, the Cheerios "Good Goes Around" is catchy.  For whatever reason, the two women in bridal attire spinning around on the dance floor just cracks me up.  

• Love 2

I simply love Emu and the guy who is in the commercial with "him" - but can't remember what the commercial is for.  Liberty Mutual?   Just to see the guy talking to Emu like you would a regular person.  And Emu wearing glasses and nosing through desk drawers.

• Love 6
(edited)
13 hours ago, Kemper said:

but can't remember what the commercial is for.  Liberty Mutual? 

Yes, it is Liberty Mutual.  The first few times I saw it, I couldn't figure out why they named him Limu, even if it did rhyme with emu.  Then the GF said it was from LIberty MUtual.  Now I get it! Not crazy about the commercials, but at least I understand the bird's name.

Edited by Moose135
  • Love 8

FedEx "Memories" commercial

I know this commercial has been out for a while, but I've recently started seeing it again, and every time I see it I love it more. The music, the photography, the scenery, the story, the idea of "time traveling" to see your family history...goosebumps even as I think about it. I swear if it came out on the world's shortest DVD I'd buy it.  

Well done, FedEx.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/13/2019 at 8:16 PM, Cobalt Stargazer said:

"Won't someone please think of the vegetables?!"

Ha! This was one of my dad’s favorite lines... “how many broccolis had to needlessly suffer and die for this meal?”

(and yes, he said how many broccolis and not how much lol)

Edited by amass
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
On ‎04‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 1:06 AM, Gramto6 said:

WOW!  Haven't seen it on TV, but amazing photography!

The photography is stunning (well, except for that centipede - ugh!) but the music is really loud and annoying.

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:06 PM, kariyaki said:

This Heineken commercial cracks me up.

The man answering the door at the end is Andrea Pirlo, one of the big stars of the Italian national team in 2006 (and later).  Nice to see his hair still looks fabulous.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I love the Rickie Fowler / Farmer's Insurance commercial with the people who have their dog in the car, at the golf course, and Bucky hits the gear shift, and the SUV goes onto the course.   When the car starts rolling, the man yells, "Bucky Heal", as if that will stop the SUV.   And Rickie Fowler yelling "Fore".   

• Love 2

I love this commercial for Enterprise Rent A Car, featuring Ralph Macchio and William Zabka who are currently starring in "Cobra Kai":

One upmanship never was more entertaining!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 5/21/2019 at 2:07 PM, magicdog said:

I love this commercial for Enterprise Rent A Car, featuring Ralph Macchio and William Zabka who are currently starring in "Cobra Kai":

One upmanship never was more entertaining!

Love it! They NEED to bring this out on dvd/blu-ray dang it! 😂

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Brand new favorite!! 

Awkwafina needs a more distinctive look. I know I've seen her numerous times before, but was glad the writers worked her name into the conversation; not sure if I would have come up with it otherwise.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Awkwafina needs a more distinctive look. I know I've seen her numerous times before, but was glad the writers worked her name into the conversation; not sure if I would have come up with it otherwise.

I only know her from Crazy Rich Asians and she is super funny.  I crack up at the idea that she had to delete a picture of her grandma to take a picture of her grandma!  But yeah I was glad 2 Chainz was mentioned b/c I don't anything about him until I looked it up. 

• Love 4
On 5/20/2019 at 1:05 PM, my tiffany said:

I love LiMu the Emu (.... and Doug).  The actor's deadpan/serious speaking style along with LiMu's goofy look and antics make it funny.  "Just WHAT do these people have in common?"

"You've done it again, Limu" ... and yes, the deadpan/serious way the actor delivers his lines.  Plus their dressing alike; running across the street in the matching orange shirts.

• Love 2

Another Geico fave -- I love when characters reactions are the same as my reactions! I'm the upset hockey player in this scenario:

Walrus Goalie:

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Trini said:

Another Geico fave -- I love when characters reactions are the same as my reactions! I'm the upset hockey player in this scenario:

Walrus Goalie:

I love that one! They all make walrus sounds! That one guy coach or something really gets into it. Telling him no sleepy. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 5/20/2019 at 1:05 PM, my tiffany said:

The actor's deadpan/serious speaking style along with LiMu's goofy look and antics make it funny.  "Just WHAT do these people have in common?"

Why are they equating their customers to crime victims?

On 5/28/2019 at 1:50 AM, andromeda331 said:

I love that one! They all make walrus sounds! That one guy coach or something really gets into it. Telling him no sleepy. 

"Duncan no sleepies."  Ha that's one of my favs too. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I saw this Geico commercial last night that had many of it's iconic characters in a behind the scenes setting.  "There's a very strange badger staring at me."  LOL  

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, Haleth said:

I saw this Geico commercial last night that had many of it's iconic characters in a behind the scenes setting.  "There's a very strange badger staring at me."  LOL  

OMG I love this! And Maxwell makes an appearance at the end!

• Love 6

The Geico commercial with the Gecko riding with a stunt pilot. The pilot is doing rolls and stunts, and the gecko is getting airsick. I love it. My husband is a pilot and says that he would totally do that to the gecko. 

And a new one for some bulk mail order place. Like Costco through mail. A guy stands there while tons of rolls of paper towels tumble out of the closet. Reminds me of the scene in Star Trek with Captain Kirk and the Tribbles. 

• Love 4

Love the new Geico commercial with everyone getting their hair and makeup done. The Caveman, Geico, the Mom still on the phone and saying the squirrels followed her to California, and woman who I think got a walk on role or something asking where the camel is and the Caveman says Big shot got his own trailer. 

The first part is the commercial I saw. There's also an interview with the winner.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

And a new one for some bulk mail order place. Like Costco through mail. A guy stands there while tons of rolls of paper towels tumble out of the closet. Reminds me of the scene in Star Trek with Captain Kirk and the Tribbles. 

The company is Boxed. I love at the end when their little girl says "Next time can we order cookies?" I have this fantasy of opening my pantry and packages of cookies coming flying out at me. Hee.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, ABay said:

My favorite part of the Geico Best of ad is that the squirrels followed the spy's mom to California.

Mine, too.  But that's no surprise, since that one was far and away my favorite of the original commercials being referenced in this one.  That woman cracks me up.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Bastet said:

Mine, too.  But that's no surprise, since that one was far and away my favorite of the original commercials being referenced in this one.  That woman cracks me up.

It's all in her delivery of her lines.  Just perfect.

• Love 5