Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

Another Geico- not sure if this is one of the 'vintage' ones, or a new one; barbershop quartet vs. homeboys basketball. Reminds me of the famous Raiders of the Lost Ark scene where Indy watches a bad guy do a bunch of fancy sword moves, sighs and shoots him.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 3/1/2019 at 8:30 PM, InDueTime said:

This is my current favorite Geico ad.

That "PIE!!" made me jump.

I just realized the Geico gecko is around 20 years old. 🦎I still remember this ad on TV.

The PIE! made me jump too. I love that one. 

• Love 3

Co-sign the State Farm "Helium" ad, which cheers me up every time it comes on.  Love the tiny actress there at the end -- she's a hoot in whatever she does, and she was perfect for the tag here.

• Love 10
21 hours ago, voiceover said:

Co-sign the State Farm "Helium" ad, which cheers me up every time it comes on.  Love the tiny actress there at the end -- she's a hoot in whatever she does, and she was perfect for the tag here.

I'll get tired of it after awhile, but right now, I find myself just randomly thinking (or sometimes even saying out loud) 'fen-der ben-der!' in a helium voice.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I don't know but seeing this emu in a Liberty shirt and sunglasses is too funny.  "He'll figure it out..." 🤣

I never thought I'd say this about a Liberty Mutual commercial. I like the commercial.

• Love 3

K.  Gotta admit.  The Progressive spot where it shows "Jamie" in a McMansion with a hot Sophia Vegera kind of wife is pretty f-ing funny.  He's been the goofy nerd-ish dude for so long.  It is pretty creative to throw out that twist.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

"You're not my dad!"  Funny.  However, mom says they'll be seeing more of Jamie.  Normally it's a bad thing when you see more of your insurance agent, it generally means bad things are happening.  

• Love 3

There is just something about that slow Turkey character that I love.  I like it when tv advertising gets it right.  On this one, I think they created a clever message, with an appealing delivery.  

• Love 9
On 3/11/2019 at 5:44 AM, zillabreeze said:

K.  Gotta admit.  The Progressive spot where it shows "Jamie" in a McMansion with a hot Sophia Vegera kind of wife is pretty f-ing funny.  He's been the goofy nerd-ish dude for so long.  It is pretty creative to throw out that twist.

I thought it was pretty funny too; who know he could sing so well

• Love 4

I'm LOVIN' the eTrade commercials! 

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/IkYu/etrade-bow-wow-wow-song-by-george-clinton

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/Iuiz/etrade-doggie-spa-day

OMG, that Pomeranian getting the massage with his little tongue hanging out just kills me!  My Goldendoodle, Maizie, does the same thing!  Her "sweet spot!"  And the Afghan Hound shaking her head after being perfectly "coiffed!"  Too frickin' funny! 

Edited by Maizie131
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, Maizie131 said:

OMG, that Pomeranian getting the massage with his little tongue hanging out just kills me! 

And I love that they have a towel covering the dog's "privates".

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Just heard about this MCI commercial via Tumblr... but I love it! 😄 It has both Star Trek TOS actors it and a TNG actor in it as well.

I wish I could give a like and a sad — I like this commercial, too, but it makes me sad, seeing all of those folks who have beamed up.

• Love 2

I remember Friends & Family Circles and then other long-distance carriers would advertise about them NOT having special "circles" to get a discount.  I also remember a carrier where you had to dial their number, input a pretty long account number, get a dial tone and THEN call who you were trying to reach. Gee, those were crazy days.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 3/22/2019 at 8:56 AM, EllieH said:

At&T's "Just OK is not OK" ads during the March Madness tournament have been pretty good so far, but this one absolutely killed me last night.

I love the one with the doctor who says, "Guess who just got reinstated? Well, kinda." Love that one. "I'll see you in there..."

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I love the one with the doctor who says, "Guess who just got reinstated? Well, kinda." Love that one. "I'll see you in there..."

I love that one and the one with the mechanic with his "If brakes don't stop it something else will." 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 3/22/2019 at 8:56 AM, EllieH said:

At&T's "Just OK is not OK" ads during the March Madness tournament have been pretty good so far, but this one absolutely killed me last night.

I also like the color commentary one.  Boiler up!

I know people generally hate Flo, but the wacky sit com maid commercial is pretty funny.  At least for now, until I get sick of it.

• Love 9
On 3/23/2019 at 12:46 PM, andromeda331 said:

I love that one and the one with the mechanic with his "If brakes don't stop it something else will." 

We quote the one with the tattoo artist at my house -- "Stay in your lane, bro!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I like the situations in those "OK" commercials, especially the one with the doctor.  "You nervous?  Yeah, me too"

However I hate the tagline "Just OK is not OK", its so dumb.  Plus it doesn't make sense.  Those people aren't just "OK" at their jobs, they are bad at their jobs.  And the line is so clunky and stupid too. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

The commercial for the dog food where a little girl is in the hospital, and the nurse brings in a dog to visit with her.

And the ad with the little girl with cancer and the male nurse/doctor/medical person comes in with her cancer murdering poison and they do the "Banana game/song."

• Love 9
7 hours ago, KillingAdam said:

So I really like the Expedia ad with the ADORBS!!!!! girl wearing the tiger outfit. BEHOLD AND WORSHIP THE ADORBS!!!!! 

I especially like the bit at the beginning where she "GRRRRS!!!" the person walking down the airport tunnel and also how she steps back when she actually comes face to face with the MAGNIFICENT BEAST.

I always wonder where they live that they have to take a plane to the nearest zoo with a tiger.

• Love 1

Sorry that this isn't about commercials, although it sorta is. how do I put a video from youtube or wherever directly into one of my posts so that the actual vid shows up in the post, rather than just a link you click on that magically WHISKS you away to Youtube land?

I would assume and hope that this would be in one of the FAQS about the forums but OH WAIT, NONE OF THOSE ARE UP YET. And when they are up I think it would be good to have a post sticky at the top of the forums with instructions for how to do stuff like I'm asking.

Thanks.

40 minutes ago, KillingAdam said:

Sorry that this isn't about commercials, although it sorta is. how do I put a video from youtube or wherever directly into one of my posts so that the actual vid shows up in the post, rather than just a link you click on that magically WHISKS you away to Youtube land?

I would assume and hope that this would be in one of the FAQS about the forums but OH WAIT, NONE OF THOSE ARE UP YET. And when they are up I think it would be good to have a post sticky at the top of the forums with instructions for how to do stuff like I'm asking.

Thanks.

Basically, you just post the URL and it automatically embeds (giving you the option to display as a link instead), but here is more detail from the FAQ on embedding media.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, janie jones said:

I always wonder where they live that they have to take a plane to the nearest zoo with a tiger.

Texas? Maybe the Midland/Odessa area. According to Google Maps the nearest zoos are around 300 miles and a 5+ hour drive away, but airports are readily available.

• Useful 1
On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:49 PM, KillingAdam said:

So I really like the Expedia ad with the ADORBS!!!!! girl wearing the tiger outfit. BEHOLD AND WORSHIP THE ADORBS!!!!! 

I especially like the bit at the beginning where she "GRRRRS!!!" the person walking down the airport tunnel and also how she steps back when she actually comes face to face with the MAGNIFICENT BEAST.

I didn't care for this one, likely because the little girl reminds me of a younger boy that I used to watch when I volunteered with a social organization years ago.  He had something he was fanatical about, and his mom thought it was sooooo cute, that we would end up taking him places in full costume.  He would run up to people and "act", and it just got so old (and people got annoyed), and no amount of our pleading would convince him or his mom it was not a good idea.

I might have liked the tiger girl a little more if she would have freaked out at the sight of the tiger and ran away. That would have been cute, and somewhat typical for kids.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

I didn't care for this one, likely because the little girl reminds me of a younger boy that I used to watch when I volunteered with a social organization years ago.  He had something he was fanatical about, and his mom thought it was sooooo cute, that we would end up taking him places in full costume.  He would run up to people and "act", and it just got so old (and people got annoyed), and no amount of our pleading would convince him or his mom it was not a good idea.

I might have liked the tiger girl a little more if she would have freaked out at the sight of the tiger and ran away. That would have been cute, and somewhat typical for kids.

Hmmmm. Well since it's a commercial of course there's going to be acting going on, but the GRRRRRR! of the person in the airport seems genuine. of course for all I know it could have been the 50th take of that scene. Judging by the ad she seems like the type of kid who would have gotten books about tigers from the library and while he dad probably *sigh/eye roll* no doubt shielded her from some of the more AWESOME aspects of the MAGNIFICIENT beast, she had a good idea of just what they did. Plus she did jump a bit when the tiger moved toward her.

All that being said, sorry you had to deal with that. Did you at least get paid semi-well?

• Love 1