Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

I love the newest Farmer's Insurance one with the Sesame Street Muppets Burt, Ernie, Cookie Monster and Grover asking  the Professor about coverage for various mishaps ( the latter three since Burt seemed to be strictly there as a straight man). Not only did that one take me back to my childhood but I was so thankful that it was completely ELMO-FREE! YES! 

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, Blergh said:

I love the newest Farmer's Insurance one with the Sesame Street Muppets Burt, Ernie, Cookie Monster and Grover asking  the Professor about coverage for various mishaps ( the latter three since Burt seemed to be strictly there as a straight man). Not only did that one take me back to my childhood but I was so thankful that it was completely ELMO-FREE! YES! 

I saw that one last night for the first time. It was adorable. And yes surprisingly no Elmo. 

• Love 4
On 9/8/2019 at 4:55 PM, smittykins said:

This is an older ad, but I’ve been seeing it a lot lately.  Prince/Cool Bean reminds me of my Shadow(a black shelter rescue whose original name was Elvira).

I love ALL the Shelter Pet Project ads. I wants *all* the kittehs. Except for the hairless ones. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, captain1 said:

I’m loving the new Mayhem commercial where Mayhem is a cat:

Can't wait to see Mayhem do a Husky impression! If those dogs aren't given LOTS of outdoor activities  and  undivided attention, they can totally destroy a home in no time flat via methods few humans could predict!

Oh, if only we could sic Mayhem Cat on Flo. . . 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I love the Mayhem commercials.

Me too. They are all so funny and awesome.

3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I still prefer the one where Mayhem is an extra-destructive car thief. 

I love how honest he is. Telling the guy he's a car thief and he's here to steal his car cause that's his job.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, captain1 said:

I’m loving the new Mayhem commercial where Mayhem is a cat:

OMG, I am laughing so hard I can't breathe. Riding the Roomba! 

I love the actor who plays Mayhem. He really commits. And he's easy on the eyes.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I think my favorite Mayhem ad is the GPS "recalculating..."

Well, it's almost hockey season. Wonder if Dunkin Donuts will keep using the ad with David Pastrnak? That one cracks me up every time!

• Love 1

I'm finding the Progressive commercials with Baker Mayfield pretty funny, but I wonder how many viewers know who he is.  In one he's mowing the football field and in the other he's dealing with a frustrating electrical box.

Edited by Haleth
39 minutes ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

I enjoy this cover of The Beat Goes On in this Entresto commercial:

I mentioned this one prior as an annoyance.  The musician in me gets irritated that they changed the beat of the song from syncopated to jazzy.  The point of the syncopation was to tie it in to the whole "time marches on" theme.  The new one doesn't work for me.  YMMV, obviously.

• Love 1
On 9/15/2019 at 6:10 AM, Ashforth said:

OMG, I am laughing so hard I can't breathe. Riding the Roomba! 

I love the actor who plays Mayhem. He really commits. And he's easy on the eyes.

I was going to come here and say cats don't do that much damage, but my six month old kitten has climbed ALL of my drapes, bit clean through two earbud cords and put teeny teeth marks into a charger cord and killed it.  But I love her.

Edited by cpcathy
  • Love 7

It’s the way he shoves stuff off the counter that kills me. My first cat would sit right in front of me on the coffee table, stare directly into my eyes, then—“tap, tap, tap, WHACK” and the thing goes flying. I learned early never to use breakable glasses with her around.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Sharpie66 said:

It’s the way he shoves stuff off the counter that kills me. My first cat would sit right in front of me on the coffee table, stare directly into my eyes, then—“tap, tap, tap, WHACK” and the thing goes flying. I learned early never to use breakable glasses with her around.

In the case of my cats, when they knock things off a table, it's more that they were playing with it and it just kinda fell off. And then they sit there and stare at it after it falls on the floor, like they're waiting for it to do something or for somebody to pick it up and give it back to them so they can keep playing :p.

Your mention of things going flying reminds me of the time one of my cats was playing with a toy mouse. She was rolling around on the floor with it and everything, and then she hit it HARD, and it went flying across the living room. I've lost count of how many toys we've eventually found under the couch or counters or so forth due to the cats throwing and pushing them around. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

In the case of my cats, when they knock things off a table, it's more that they were playing with it and it just kinda fell off. And then they sit there and stare at it after it falls on the floor, like they're waiting for it to do something or for somebody to pick it up and give it back to them so they can keep playing :p.

Your mention of things going flying reminds me of the time one of my cats was playing with a toy mouse. She was rolling around on the floor with it and everything, and then she hit it HARD, and it went flying across the living room. I've lost count of how many toys we've eventually found under the couch or counters or so forth due to the cats throwing and pushing them around. 

Years ago, the hubs and I got home to discover that our 4 month old kitten had pulled the Christmas tree over, dragged the lights down the hall, and scattered the ornaments. I was finding ornaments under things for months --- with one exception. About 5 years later, we had to buy a new washing machine. When we rolled the old one away, there was a soft cloth Christmas ornament on the floor where the washer had been. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Years ago, the hubs and I got home to discover that our 4 month old kitten had pulled the Christmas tree over, dragged the lights down the hall, and scattered the ornaments. I was finding ornaments under things for months --- with one exception. About 5 years later, we had to buy a new washing machine. When we rolled the old one away, there was a soft cloth Christmas ornament on the floor where the washer had been. 

LOL, oh, my god. That's crazy. 

Ours have been really good about our Christmas trees, thankfully. If an ornament happens to fall off the tree, they might bat at it a little, but they don't touch the tree itself. They just like to nap under it :p. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

This ad makes me happy.  I love the joyous people.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/oE_3/fleet-set-yourself-free

Indeed, there are times when being able to take a shit is the best feeling in the world. Constipation is terrible. Still a little icky that a suppository/enema is the reason for the happy, just because the image of what led to the dance...

And that brings to mind an ancient quote from M*A*S*H*: suppositories, the bullet of health. LOL

• LOL 5
On 9/17/2019 at 7:17 PM, chessiegal said:

Paula Poundstone says if the earth was really flat, the edge would be lined with cats knocking things over it. My cat likes to knock things off the coffee table until she has enough room to lie down and nap.

My Maine C*** settles himself on one end of my desk and then just spreads-himself-out like a lava flow - anything in his way is just displaced, shoved aside, knocked to the floor until he has sufficient room for His Comfort. All the time he watches me, blinking languidly.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
On 9/17/2019 at 8:13 PM, Annber03 said:

LOL, oh, my god. That's crazy. 

Ours have been really good about our Christmas trees, thankfully. If an ornament happens to fall off the tree, they might bat at it a little, but they don't touch the tree itself. They just like to nap under it :p. 

That's the only cat I ever had that did something like that. All my others just napped under the tree or batted at the ornaments on the lower branches. 

• Love 4

batted at the ornaments on the lower branches. 

I bought a set of 6 plastic bell ornaments at a Kresge's, which will tell you how old they are, because my cat liked to bat the ornaments. I still have 4 of them!

Count me as another Chantix turkey fan. I'm generally opposed to prescription meds being advertised, but these ads are very sweet. 

• Love 2
On 9/8/2019 at 9:44 PM, Pickles said:

I like the various Amazon Prime ads where they show someone contemplating a purchase and then see themselves in the new dress, jacket or with the new furniture, etc. I love all the music. I just find the ads entertaining and kind of upbeat. 

I like these commercials as well.  The one with the lady with red hair seeing herself wearing a red dress!  OMG girl crush! 😍 She is smoking HAWT in that dress

I've seen this a few times now but it is still so funny to me.  His ascot wears an ascot!  Now that is FANCY! 

Edited by Dirtybubble
Forgot link
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, bad things are bad said:

I bought a set of 6 plastic bell ornaments at a Kresge's, which will tell you how old they are, because my cat liked to bat the ornaments. I still have 4 of them!

Count me as another Chantix turkey fan. I'm generally opposed to prescription meds being advertised, but these ads are very sweet. 

My parents house has a river rock entrance hall. The cat used to knock only the glass balls off the tree and bat them out to the entry and SMASH! She always looked so damn proud of herself.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

My parents house has a river rock entrance hall. The cat used to knock only the glass balls off the tree and bat them out to the entry and SMASH! She always looked so damn proud of herself.

No offense to your parents, but how long did it take them to institute countermeasures?

19 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

No offense to your parents, but how long did it take them to institute countermeasures?

They just kept hanging the ornaments higher. I finally moved out and took her with me. She went on to make my husband's life a living hell. 

• LOL 10
10 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

They just kept hanging the ornaments higher. I finally moved out and took her with me. She went on to make my husband's life a living hell. 

We had a cat who managed to take out my husband's "collectible" whisky bottle (passed on from his father), on a mantle several feet away from the tree (which itself was tipped over).  Still not sure how she did that.

And I apologize for taking this even further off topic.  Not sure how we got here from Favorite Commercials.

• LOL 4
10 hours ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

I like the IKEA one where the lady looks at her receipt and thinks they've made a mistake so she goes running out of the store carrying her bags yelling at her husband, who's waiting in the car  to, "start the car, start the car" and then they speed out of the parking lot.

I dislike it because if a mistake was made the cashier could have been fired. It  ( for me) comes off as the woman being dishonest. Definitely a case of a difference of opinion.

Edited by crazycatlady58
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I dislike it because if a mistake was made the cashier could have been fired. It  ( for me) comes off as the woman being dishonest. Definitely a case of a difference of opinion.

I see your point. I've actually worked a combined total of 20 years as a cashier in a grocery store and then retail and if a product has the wrong price on it the cashier won't be fired. It would not be the cashiers fault but if they notice something that might have the wrong price they would call over a manager that most likely will give it to the customer for the priced marked. The cashier could be fired if their till is short or if it's over that means they've short changed the customer but they would go through the disciplinary actions first before termination.  I differently don't think stealing in any way is funny, but there's something about the way she looks and runs in the commercial that cracks me up.  

Edited by foxfreakinmulder
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Plus I can't stand that loud mouth on her...,

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I like that commercial, and the Alice Cooper one:

But no office supply store commercial will ever top Office Max's series with the Rubberband Man.  The original:

The back to school one:

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 16