Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

I love the new Apple commercial!  It's colorful, upbeat, the music is catchy.  Very well done.  I'm seriously thinking of purchasing it.  The song that is, not the phone.  I'm not replacing my iPhone SE until it dies.

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 3
On 1/27/2019 at 2:19 PM, Browncoat said:

I like that one, too, but I'm still not going to shop there.

Some places it's the only place to shop. Where my SIL lives, it's either Walmart or Albertsons for groceries and Albertsons is too expensive. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Some places it's the only place to shop. Where my SIL lives, it's either Walmart or Albertsons for groceries and Albertsons is too expensive. 

I know.  It’s the only place where my parents live to get a lot of things, now that K-Mart is gone.  But they do at least have a decent grocery for fresh produce and meat.  They won’t buy those things from Wal-Mart.  

• Love 1
On ‎01‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 8:33 AM, Haleth said:

Is this a new one?  It cracks me up because we have a possum that shows up on the deck occasionally and everyone says we should try to tame it:

For the record, we are not going to try to tame it.

I call the possum who periodically shows up on my porch to eat cat food "Jeff Sessions". 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

Elevator operator and NFL 50 were my faves.  I think the NFL one was the best of the night.  I didn’t even know who half of the players were, and still loved the commercial, lol.  It was just so much fun to watch, and you could tell they were having a blast while filming it.  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Amethyst said:

Elevator operator and NFL 50 were my faves.  I think the NFL one was the best of the night.  I didn’t even know who half of the players were, and still loved the commercial, lol.  It was just so much fun to watch, and you could tell they were having a blast while filming it.  

I agree 100%.  Best ad of the night and it looked like everyone was having fun.  I need to watch frame by frame to ID all the past and current players.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, blueray said:

I liked the commercial with Harrison Ford and his dog during the super bowl.  That was funny. And the T-Mobile texts.

That is the only part I liked of that commercial.  If I remember it's a commercial for Alexa and it has about 4 or 5 different celebrities interacting with their Alexa but the only one I liked was Harrison Ford with the Boston Terrier "you better cancel that order!"  HAHAHA

• Love 3
On 2/4/2019 at 12:42 AM, Amethyst said:

I think the NFL one was the best of the night.

Right?  And forget "best of the night."  That ad could be in the "Best Ever" category.  I knew a bunch of the players but I straight-up squealed when I saw Barry Sanders.   And my very favorite?  Ed Reed.  The hair.  The fly jacket.  Perfection.

Well done, NFL.  (A phrase you don't hear every day.)

• Love 5
On 1/21/2019 at 10:52 PM, GenerationX said:

I like seeing some of the old Geico commercials.  I went to go vote, but I didn't see either of my two favorites:

I used to love all of the old Caveman commercials.  I liked the one where the Cavemen were at a party, and one of them says "Tina is here, we're getting back together".  Just because it's so random.

This isn't really a favorite commercial, but I can't stop watching it every time the Burger King "Losing his marbles" comes on.  It distracts me because the girl talks with her eyes closed, and when the king drops the marbles, she covers her entire face with her hand while she's laughing.  Just strikes me as odd.  And the boy says "I think he's lost his marbles" while the King makes some stupid gesture.

I've always liked that bizarre Burger King character though.  I really liked that one where he was watching the guy sleep through the window.  They went out of their way to make him creepy, it was pretty funny.

• Love 1

I love the Applebee’s commercial right now with the busy working mom who runs hard all day, picks up dinner and walks in and catches the dad and the two little girls dancing the Floss.  I love the song “Runaround Sue” and think this commercial is a delight.   I literally rewind it to watch it again which I never do with commercials.

I also get a kick out of the Carmax commercial with the guy who has the turtle named Reggie. It is so random and to me, very quirky funny. 

I like the TurboTax commercial where the guy is trying to fake that he’s calling from his yacht and then complains about spending $9 on a coconut. 

• Love 3

I crack up at the Bubly commercials with Michael Bublé as their spokesman, insisting that the drink should be pronounced like his last name. Him calling the store clerk Dah-vay gives me the giggles. Also him sitting in the fridge section, drawing an é on all the cans with a sharpie.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

I wouldn’t necessarily say that I like the “To Be Loved” milk commercial. But that song really always reminds me of the scene in Coming to America where Eddie Murphy is serenading the entirety of Queens with this song and they’re cussing him out.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, InDueTime said:

I just realized the Geico gecko is around 20 years old. 🦎I still remember this ad on TV

I much preferred the original gecko voice, not the pseudo English accent the current one tries to get away with.

• Love 2