Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

GEICO has a new one with these homeowners  having an afternoon fete singing the praises of their new dream house- but it has the catch that it's in. .. 'bear country'.

And right after they say this, the husband gulps,'Bear! Bear!' which prompts the hosts and their guests to race indoors right before. ..

Yogi and Boo-Boo in classic cartoon form show up to mooch and eat their food! At NO point do these critters snarl, growl or in any way threaten the humans but the humans react to the moochers as though they're about to at any moment. 

Of course it's funny on its own accord but the irony is how many viewers under 50 would have seen these onetime Hanna Barbera icons in their original glory?

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
On 5/15/2021 at 11:57 PM, madmax said:

Isn't it great that they haven't sold their music to commercials yet?  At least, not that I've heard.

Pretty sure I've seen a car commercial (I think that's what it was for) using Crazy Train.  Although that was one of Ozzy's solo efforts.  (Okay, I checked, it was a Honda Pilot commercial.)

6 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Pretty sure I've seen a car commercial (I think that's what it was for) using Crazy Train.  Although that was one of Ozzy's solo efforts.  (Okay, I checked, it was a Honda Pilot commercial.)

Yeah, I knew Ozzy did (or should I say, Sharon did), but Sabbath has not.  It will be a sad day when I hear Sweet Leaf advertising iced tea...

• Love 4

I love the ZocDoc commercial where the lady has the migraine. When she plunges her head into the freezer you can hear the or go OH. Any body know who freezer lady is? She is brilliant.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Red Bridey said:

Even though there is zero chance I will ever buy one, I love the music in Lincoln car ads...it's so pretty. Kind of sad, or melancholy. I just like it.

Me too!

• Love 3

I generally really like those "on a spotty network, this is what you hear" commercials (even, quite grudgingly if I'm in the right mood, the one with Tom Brady and Gronk), but with that one I'm distracted by how fucking ugly that shirt she's considering wearing when she thinks it's a regular business dinner is.

And then I get way too realistic, and start wondering why in the world when her ... friend? co-worker? ... seems to have said, "Wear something crazy; it's a costume party," she doesn't ask, "What?  No one mentioned that."  Or even if she for some reason just accepts that, how does discussion of what she should go as not follow, leading the other woman to clear up the confusion?

Basically, this would never actually transpire in real life.  And in many commercials I just go with such scenarios, but with this one I can't get sucked in.

• Love 5
On 5/23/2021 at 2:43 PM, Bastet said:

And then I get way too realistic, and start wondering why in the world when her ... friend? co-worker? ... seems to have said, "Wear something crazy; it's a costume party," she doesn't ask, "What?  No one mentioned that." 

Considering the way she seems to hear/listen, that doesn't surprise me at all.

• Love 2
On 5/23/2021 at 2:43 PM, Bastet said:

I generally really like those "on a spotty network, this is what you hear" commercials

Reading that made me instantly nostalgic for '200 Dachshunds'.

• LOL 12
  • Love 6

Loving the Bud Light Seltzer (?) commercials where someone makes a comment that the lemony taste is 'better than my Grandma's lemonade.'  In both of the commercials I saw, Grandma overheard the comment and in one commercial, she takes a knitting needle to the kid's tires and in the other commercial, drops the grandchild's favourite family heirloom down the sink.  'Oops.'

• LOL 11

I was waiting for that "not impressed" face.  I wonder a bit if she's annoyed by constantly being asked to do it, but, then again, she'd probably rather people remember that than the fall which turned gold to silver.  And she's not only having fun with it, she's making money off it, so go ahead McKayla.

• Love 9

I don't really know what it has to do with selling a car, but I like the Subaru commercial involving a young couple going to a wedding, who get sidetracked onto a mud road, find a lost cat and get the bride's headpiece to her on time. I laugh every time I see the guy in a dandy-ish burgundy velvet jacket with the dirty cat on his lap, while he (the guy, not the cat) wears the headpiece.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, sempervivum said:

I don't really know what it has to do with selling a car, but I like the Subaru commercial involving a young couple going to a wedding, who get sidetracked onto a mud road, find a lost cat and get the bride's headpiece to her on time. I laugh every time I see the guy in a dandy-ish burgundy velvet jacket with the dirty cat on his lap, while he (the guy, not the cat) wears the headpiece.

I think it's cute.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, sempervivum said:

"Whiskers!"  What is has to do with selling a car is showing the capabilities of the Subaru to get through rain, mud, closed road/shortcut, etc.  

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, zoey1996 said:

"Whiskers!"  What is has to do with selling a car is showing the capabilities of the Subaru to get through rain, mud, closed road/shortcut, etc.  

And to give consumers a warm, fuzzy feeling about the company.

• Love 8
On 5/27/2021 at 11:05 AM, smittykins said:

Didn’t Sprint merge with T-Mobile?  I’m pretty sure they didn’t have much use for him afterwards.

That's what he gets for badmouthing Verizon when he switched to Sprint. 😃

• LOL 5
On 5/30/2021 at 2:37 PM, Bastet said:

I was waiting for that "not impressed" face.  I wonder a bit if she's annoyed by constantly being asked to do it, but, then again, she'd probably rather people remember that than the fall which turned gold to silver.  And she's not only having fun with it, she's making money off it, so go ahead McKayla.

I remember reading that she was not happy to be remembered for that face, yet here she is making money off it...

• Love 2
22 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

That's what he gets for badmouthing Verizon when he switched to Sprint. 😃

Wasn't that the other guy? The one I was referring to when I asked whatever happened to the Sprint guy was the one in the long black coat in the 100 oxen dachshund commercial.

On 5/26/2021 at 11:58 PM, Emma9 said:

Reading that made me instantly nostalgic for '200 Dachshunds'.

Soooo happy you posted that!  I have three Weiner dogs and have always had them and LOVE them!  I missed this commercial!

On 5/27/2021 at 10:05 AM, smittykins said:

Didn’t Sprint merge with T-Mobile?  I’m pretty sure they didn’t have much use for him afterwards.

Yes, and the network now sucks!  I had Sprint and it was great but now since it is T-Mobile it's terrible!  I need to switch phone service.  

• Love 2
(edited)

The Petco commercial where they are saying it is a health organization  and then they all turn into pets and run off. I swear one  looks  like Matthew Gray Gubler!!  Are they pranking us??

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

The Petco commercial where they are saying it is a health organization  and then they all turn into pets and run off. I swear one  looks  like Matthew Gray Gubler!!  Are they pranking us??

"And now I'm going to run around the room for no reason."

I like those ads, too.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Browncoat said:

"And now I'm going to run around the room for no reason."

I like those ads, too.

Love that ad, once I actually watched it.

It took about half a dozen airings before I realized they were animals.  😄

• Love 4
1 hour ago, madmax said:

Love that ad, once I actually watched it.

It took about half a dozen airings before I realized they were animals.  😄

It was the elegant woman reaching up to scratch behind her ear as she complemented her stylist that clued me in. It was also fun when the two dogs decided to take a turn around the room. So very Jane Austen of them.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, CoderLady said:

It was the elegant woman reaching up to scratch behind her ear as she complemented her stylist that clued me in. It was also fun when the two dogs decided to take a turn around the room. So very Jane Austen of them.

I didn't catch it until the two came in "What did we miss?" and he was brushing dirt off his shoulder.  😄

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/1/2021 at 8:18 AM, sempervivum said:

I haven't seen that one yet.

"Dogs don't  know what's good for them, like leaving a good stick alone." Help becomes Helo and the pilots are waving.

Edited by nokat
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, nokat said:

I haven't seen that one yet.

"Dogs don't  know what's good for them, like leaving a good stick alone." Help becomes Helo and the pilots are waving.

Hopefully the guy can find some food while waiting for help, but that dog might wind up on a spit if somebody doesn't find that guy soon. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Didn't see this one discussed, but I enjoy it, but it's a fail because I can't remember if it's Pet Smart or PetCo. People with their pets, and people singing "I'd Do Anything for You," from Oliver!. I like the song and sing along and afterwards. And, I'm thinking I need to see Oliver! again, soon.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I know it's just a TV commercial, but how did the castaway get a fresh looking package of Greenies, if he's stranded?   

He must have had them in his backpack or a duffel bag.  The Greenies stay fresh because of the waterproof pouch.

• Love 2
On 6/9/2021 at 11:15 AM, Crashcourse said:

Hopefully the guy can find some food while waiting for help, but that dog might wind up on a spit if somebody doesn't find that guy soon. 

I didn't want to laugh but I did. Well dog, you're next on the menu.

• LOL 3
4 minutes ago, nokat said:

I didn't want to laugh but I did. Well dog, you're next on the menu.

Yeah, that poor dog didn't realize when it snatched the stick, that might have sealed his/her fate.  I just hope the guy can scrounge enough to eat until somebody comes to the rescue, but in the meantime he needs to find another stick to make the "P."

Yeah, I've overthought this one. 😁    

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Yeah, that poor dog didn't realize when it snatched the stick, that might have sealed his/her fate.  I just hope the guy can scrounge enough to eat until somebody comes to the rescue, but in the meantime he needs to find another stick to make the "P."

Yeah, I've overthought this one. 😁    

If there is one thing a dog is good at, it's finding a stick.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2